my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » New Yoda - Old Yoda

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: New Yoda - Old Yoda
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-08-2003 10:31 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you think of the Puppet YODA from E5-6 Vs. The CG YODA from E1-2?

Which do you prefer and why?

I like CG YODA, simply because of the SABER DUEL with DOOKU. I couldn't really picture a puppet jumping around like that!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-10-2003 11:37 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the CG makes him seem much more realistic, so it brings a better feel to the character. It as if you would be able to see him in real life, like all the other characters. It's a more humanoid connection with him, so that you feel that he still is physically, mentally superior but also has the same problems humans do as in feelings and such.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-11-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on everyone. Let's get the POD hoppin' again. Let's see some replies here!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-13-2003 10:09 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree CG Yoda is awesome. It was incredibly hard for me, at least to picture Ol' Yoda leapin around with a saber. Then I saw Ep.2 and I was like "Hey, that was awesome!" I know he's the nonviolent type but he can sure kick a$$!

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.94.132
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 10:11 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, the CG one was done very well, it didn't seem fake at all.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
commandercody

Broken Back Button

Member # 666

posted 06-18-2005 10:34 PM     Profile for commandercody   Author's Homepage   Email commandercody     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I might be the only one in here, but I like the puppet yoda. the reason is for this is...
1. you can't beat the classics
2. he's a spuncky puppet
3. he hits stuff with his Gimer stick cane
4. two words, Come On.

--------------------

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

-Ben Kenobi-

Posts: 7 | From: Weiser, Idaho | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 207.200.116.135
Shahrazad

Member # 617

posted 06-27-2005 02:27 PM     Profile for Shahrazad   Author's Homepage   Email Shahrazad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to agree with cody. I like the puppet Yoda, for the exact same reasons.

--------------------

Kneel before me. Fear me.

Posts: 40 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.239
Hawke

Broken Back Button

Member # 650

posted 07-13-2005 01:09 AM     Profile for Hawke   Author's Homepage   Email Hawke     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoda was still a puppet in Ep1, I think. But anywho I like puppet Yoda better. CG Yoda is cool and all, but puppet Yoda is a classic.

--------------------

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." ~ Douglas Adams

Posts: 11 | From: Someplace boring | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 24.14.137.183
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 09-13-2005 12:02 AM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I too like puppet Yoda but at the same time I like CG Yoda because whatpuppet can jump from place to place like he did and be so aggressive with his lightsaber.

lol It's kinda fun watching the green blur bounce around the screen.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 02-25-2006 12:51 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I MET THE GUY THAT MADE THE PUPPET YODA! AND I SAW IT. it was awesome!!!! yeah, he owns a store down in St. Martin in the Virgin Islands. We stopped their on our cruise...Oh, and I forgot where it was, but someone was asking about the original name of Return of the Jedi, and it was Revenge of the Jedi. I got to see a bunch of storyboards and sketches of the movies. I'll tell you about it if you want sometime later, but I'm kinda feeling too tired to type too much...
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 69.233.49.126
Miguel Tahel

I Grow Weary of Your Incompetence

Member # 714

posted 02-25-2006 07:43 AM     Profile for Miguel Tahel   Author's Homepage   Email Miguel Tahel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I like the puppet yoda, comedic relief, he seems realistically struggling to walk around, he just funnier. The real reason I like him though is he's a classic.

However you have to look at George Lucas and how he knew his audience. At the time of the Episode I,II,III, everybody wanted action, fighting, and major special effects. He plays to that strenght with t he CG yoda.

In the originals, the classics, the plot develops, characters develop, relathionships develop. Yoda to me there, in the way that he is portrayed is much more real.

--------------------

Wisdom beyond your years

Posts: 19 | From: | Registered: Nov 2005  |  Logged: 68.75.52.169

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05