The Holonet Boards   » Episode 2 & 3   » New Yoda - Old Yoda

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-08-2003 10:31 AM    
What do you think of the Puppet YODA from E5-6 Vs. The CG YODA from E1-2?

Which do you prefer and why?

I like CG YODA, simply because of the SABER DUEL with DOOKU. I couldn't really picture a puppet jumping around like that!

LumbiaSith

posted 06-10-2003 11:37 AM    
I think the CG makes him seem much more realistic, so it brings a better feel to the character. It as if you would be able to see him in real life, like all the other characters. It's a more humanoid connection with him, so that you feel that he still is physically, mentally superior but also has the same problems humans do as in feelings and such.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-11-2003 10:18 PM    
Come on everyone. Let's get the POD hoppin' again. Let's see some replies here!

MindMaster

posted 06-13-2003 10:09 PM    
I agree CG Yoda is awesome. It was incredibly hard for me, at least to picture Ol' Yoda leapin around with a saber. Then I saw Ep.2 and I was like "Hey, that was awesome!" I know he's the nonviolent type but he can sure kick a$$!

LumbiaSith

posted 06-13-2003 10:11 PM    
Also, the CG one was done very well, it didn't seem fake at all.

commandercody

posted 06-18-2005 10:34 PM    
I might be the only one in here, but I like the puppet yoda. the reason is for this is...
1. you can't beat the classics
2. he's a spuncky puppet
3. he hits stuff with his Gimer stick cane
4. two words, Come On.

Shahrazad

posted 06-27-2005 02:27 PM    
I have to agree with cody. I like the puppet Yoda, for the exact same reasons.

Hawke

posted 07-13-2005 01:09 AM    
Yoda was still a puppet in Ep1, I think. But anywho I like puppet Yoda better. CG Yoda is cool and all, but puppet Yoda is a classic.

Sarisa Ker

posted 09-13-2005 12:02 AM    
Yeah I too like puppet Yoda but at the same time I like CG Yoda because whatpuppet can jump from place to place like he did and be so aggressive with his lightsaber.

lol It's kinda fun watching the green blur bounce around the screen.

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 02-25-2006 12:51 AM    
I MET THE GUY THAT MADE THE PUPPET YODA! AND I SAW IT. it was awesome!!!! yeah, he owns a store down in St. Martin in the Virgin Islands. We stopped their on our cruise...Oh, and I forgot where it was, but someone was asking about the original name of Return of the Jedi, and it was Revenge of the Jedi. I got to see a bunch of storyboards and sketches of the movies. I'll tell you about it if you want sometime later, but I'm kinda feeling too tired to type too much...

Miguel Tahel

posted 02-25-2006 07:43 AM    
Personally I like the puppet yoda, comedic relief, he seems realistically struggling to walk around, he just funnier. The real reason I like him though is he's a classic.

However you have to look at George Lucas and how he knew his audience. At the time of the Episode I,II,III, everybody wanted action, fighting, and major special effects. He plays to that strenght with t he CG yoda.

In the originals, the classics, the plot develops, characters develop, relathionships develop. Yoda to me there, in the way that he is portrayed is much more real.