my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Last Battles? (Maybe Spoiler-Warning) (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Last Battles? (Maybe Spoiler-Warning)
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-16-2003 02:45 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you think the last battles will be in the Episode 3?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-17-2003 08:03 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that the REBEL ALLIANCE will have bee formed by the end of the movie, and they have a big SPACE BATTLE with the TRADE FEDERATION. Maybe a few JEDI are killed in this battle... Maybe SHAFT... oops, I mean MACE is a pilot and gets hit by a stray TURBOLASER shot, like JEK PORKINS from ANH.

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-17-2003 12:12 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I somehow doubt that Mace will die that way, I think he'd die in a fight probably. Possibily in combat against Count Dooku, which would be a magnificant fight to come before that of Darth Vader vs Obi-Wan.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 02-17-2003 09:10 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actauly, i think mace will go out in even more style that a grand battle with dooku(they that'd be cool)

i say he goes out defending Padme from a cloned sith... I mean, not that thats going to happen in ep. 3... actauly, i think that will happen in ep. 3...

there will be several clones of palpy, only a younger verson, and then anakin will discover he has the "force chaos blast" ability and annihilate everyone that stands before him in a last attempt to control his powers which are beign augmented by palpatines dark and twisted strength.

and then a giant explosion will occure, and no one will be alive cept luke and laia

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.225
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-17-2003 10:05 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol, good one.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-13-2003 10:18 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, the final big space battle will be the final battle of the Colne Wars, and the Republic "wins." This win gives Palpatine the power he needs to seize full control of the government. The final duel will be Obi-Wan vs. Anakin/Vader. A/V loses, and falls into a reactor core. Hopefully, we'll have Mace vs. Dooku before then. I really want to see that. I am also hoping Sidious/Palpatine will attack SOMEONE. Maybe Yoda, perhaps?

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.94.132
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 10:23 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoda will rip him apart, that's probably why Sidous wars so much black, and never takes off his hood. So many scars from gettin' beat up by a little guy colored in green.

LOL

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

MindMaster

Member # 474

posted 06-13-2003 10:27 PM     Profile for MindMaster   Author's Homepage   Email MindMaster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol.

That might also be one of the reasons he looks so ugly.

--------------------

I am the MindMaster. None can resist my control.

Posts: 29 | From: A secret place | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 4.72.94.132
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:25 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And also the other reason is because he has to. Dark guys have to look ugly or just scary.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:36 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not always. Take Exar Kun for example, he looked cool not dark and scary. Other examples include Brakiss and Yun.

Oh 1 rumor here in my school is that Ep3 will be "split". The first 3 quarters of it will be the about Anakin's fall, clone wars, Palpatine's rise to power etc. The last 1 quarter will fast foward 20 years. Skywalker twins all grown up. Rebellion already formed.

The final Battle will be the intense space battle between Rebel Alliance and Empire in which the Death Star plans were transmitted to Leia's Ship. Also this battle will be a victory for the Rebel Alliance.

A quote from EP4 to prove my point:
"Rebel Spaceships striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the galactic Empire. During the fighting Rebel agents......" I can't remember from there on but it says something about they transmitting the plans to Leia.

Last point. The new trilogy MUST follow the p[attern of the old triligy. Win, lose ,win. So Ep3 must be a "win"

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:39 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think Lucas would go through that. Their is no way he's going to replace Luke and Leia for any scene. It just won't work. If he used the original actors it'll look weird, mainly because they are alot older now.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 12:46 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No he won't. Probably there will be a scene with "little boy" Luke's first encounter with the "hermit" Ben(obi wan in hiding). And they will not show princess Leia. They will most probably just mention her name.

Oh yea and i wonder who will be playing baby Luke and Leia?

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-17-2003 04:59 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh... I really like the Little Luke meeting Middleaged Ben idea. That would be great!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 07:17 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it's only a rumour going around my school.(actually started by me....he he)

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 05:23 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rumors, blah. Good idea but it's not the fashion of Lucas to have a large seperation in time during the movie. I just have a strong feeling he won't do it.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-17-2003 08:25 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well maybe he would. He said Ep3 will be the episode to tie up lose ends. So what better way to tie it up than to show us what was said in my previous post. In that way many questions will be answered.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 10:48 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How will that tie up anything. Luke seeing Obi-Wan is tying up loose ends??

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-18-2003 02:25 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well.....that would explain why Luke and Ben greeted each other as if they were pals in Ep4. How else would Ben know Luke's name without any introduction or Luke know Ben's name. Watch Ep4 for proof.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-18-2003 02:39 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly, their is no loose ends. Luke himself said he heard of him and such. Their is no close pal such and such. He just heard of him.

Also, their wasn't any vibes that he threated him like great pals. He was just grateful. How would you feel if you woke up to a guy helping you up from being attacked by guys wearing wrappings and brandishing very dangerous weapons.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-18-2003 02:44 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No you don't get me. I mean...
quote from Ben in Ep4: "you've had a rough day young Luke." (or something like that). How do you think Ben knows Luke's name and also knows his uncle? And why does Luke wake up and the first thing he says is,"Ben?". You see, they are on a first name basis which means that they must have met before.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-18-2003 02:47 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mainly they are on a first name basis because Obi-Wan Kenobi helped in transporting the babies to safety on the planets. That has to be established in the movie, not them meeting when Luke is around 6 or something.

Also, Luke knows him from rumors of him, he already said that earlier in the movie.

And Luke said he has seen him before. Ben was road away while Luke was growing up by his Uncle, because Obi Wan was checkin up on 'em.

Luke probably saw him from that. But that isn't a loose end that is significant enough to be placed in a movie. Just taking up time.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-18-2003 02:49 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh well.....it would have been fun though......any way any comments on the original topic?

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-18-2003 02:58 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's engraved in stone that the fight with Obi-Wan and the then Darth Vader without the suit is going to have to happen. Otherwise, their will be no Star Wars, it will be thrown down the drain, lol.

J/k

But it has to happen, it just won't end off right without it.

The other battle will be in the sky, with the Rebels attacking.

I think the ending scene will be the screen showing a group of stormtroopers walking forward toward the screen with Darth Vader leading them with his new acquired suit.

Or it will end with a crippled, burned hand reaching to the top of the volcanic thing, or whateva he will fall into, and holding on with Palpatines hand reaching down to help him.

Along with Obi-Wan Kenobi heading off to Tatooine with Luke in his arms.

Yep, that'll be a good ending if you ask me. Everything you wanted to see in the last Episode...

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 06-18-2003 03:04 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How can that be? I mean......ok i realise a pattern in Lucas's trilogy movies even those not from Star Wars eg: Indiana Jones. They follow a pattern of :win, lose, win.

example: Old ST trilogy. Ep4, good guys win.
Ep5, good guys lose. Ep6, good guys win.

So the new trilogy HAS to follow what I call "The 'Lucas pattern'". Ep1 was a win for the good guys. Ep2 they lost(ok minor victory but overall lost). So Ep3 has to be a "win".

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-18-2003 03:10 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who said winning would be good this time. Winning would mean Palpatine takes reign, lose, the same thing.

Also I never said Rebels/Republic would win the battle, nor lose. I just said it would probably happen.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05