my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Did Anakin REALLY give Obi-Wan his lightsaber for Luke?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Did Anakin REALLY give Obi-Wan his lightsaber for Luke?
Selah

Member # 201

posted 09-20-2002 01:50 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want wild-speculation here....Did Obi-Wan steal it from Anakin? (Perhaps after Anakin was, umm...incapacitated during their duel?) Was it an old one of Obi's? Do you really think that Anakin GAVE it to Obi-Wan to give to Anakin's son? After all, we know that the twins were kept from Anakin/Darth Vader; so how on earth did Obi-Wan come up with the story that "Your father wanted you to have this, when you were old enough"??

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 216.65.187.44
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-20-2002 07:33 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe when anakin starts turning to the darkside vissably, obi-wan takes anakins lightsaber from him and say's "you are no longer fit to be a jedi knight, im afraid you have fallen to the dark, should you once more find the light, this will be waiting for you" and then anakin could struggle over it, and obi-wan could inadvertably push him into whatever it is that screws anakin up... THEN obi-wan would feel horrible, and keep the saber, and vow to keep the saber in memory of his young padawan. Then when luke comes along he say's "ow, heres a lightsaber..."

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.24
yodadasolja

Broken Back Button

Member # 418

posted 01-19-2003 08:01 PM     Profile for yodadasolja   Author's Homepage   Email yodadasolja     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
first of all, anakin doesnt even know padme was pregnant when he turned into vader, so he couldnt give his lightsaber to obi-wan to give to luke, when he didnt know he ever existed until eps. 5 and 6.

--------------------

It is not often that great insight and the best lightsaber techniques are found in one bodily manefestation.

Posts: 5 | From: st louis | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.136.177.161
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-07-2003 12:33 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The son of Skywalker must not be allowed to become a JEDI." was one of Palpy's first lines in ESB... this says to me that they have been keeping an eye on LUKE for a while. Same goes for YODA... "A long time, this one have I watched." It seems to me that everyone knew about LUKE... but no one really knew about LEIA... So I think that ANAKIN did give BEN his LIGHTSABER before he turned to the DARK SIDE!

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
star_warrior20

Member # 513

posted 11-11-2003 12:35 PM     Profile for star_warrior20   Author's Homepage   Email star_warrior20     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obi-Wan kept it after the duel we know that for sure

--------------------

Sanity does not exist in this world, just like the Force is with young Skywalker, but he is not a Jedi yet.

Posts: 17 | From: Jedi Temple, under the tutelage of Master Qui-Gon Jin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 65.56.47.137
Selah

Member # 201

posted 11-11-2003 08:11 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do we know?

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.233.100.126
star_warrior20

Member # 513

posted 11-17-2003 11:34 AM     Profile for star_warrior20   Author's Homepage   Email star_warrior20     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's just it, we don't

--------------------

Sanity does not exist in this world, just like the Force is with young Skywalker, but he is not a Jedi yet.

Posts: 17 | From: Jedi Temple, under the tutelage of Master Qui-Gon Jin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 67.31.171.137
Shahrazad

Member # 617

posted 03-19-2005 08:29 PM     Profile for Shahrazad   Author's Homepage   Email Shahrazad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Texthey, I thought that you just said we did know that. I think that anikan didn't give it away becuase as someone said earlier, he didn't know leia was pregnant, so how could he give his lightsaber to someone who doesn't exsist?

--------------------

Kneel before me. Fear me.

Posts: 40 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 05-22-2005 04:29 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
since i'm sure many of us have seen the movie, we know exactly what happened... But since there are still you stragglers... I'll keep silent

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.39.115
Selah

Member # 201

posted 05-22-2005 05:18 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely. Now, we know. ; ) No more "wild speculation" necessary. My bedtime story is concluded. *wistful sigh*

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 65.143.123.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-22-2005 05:42 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all Anakin most certainly DID know that Padme was pregnant when he turned to Vader... I mean, sheesh, that's basically WHY he ended up becoming Vader:

To protect Padme from dying in childbirth.

As for the lightsaber thing, Obi-Wan picked up Anakin's lightsaber after his final duel with him (the coward couldn't even finish off his old padawan, sheesh!!! There's a Jedi for ya!) and kept it.

I think he kinda "fudged" about it all when he said to Luke "your father wanted you to have this..." just to get him interested in becoming a Jedi, since he already had obvious interest in becoming a fighter against the Empire.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Selah

Member # 201

posted 05-22-2005 06:09 PM     Profile for Selah   Author's Homepage   Email Selah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a problem with Obi-Wan just leaving Anakin, suffering, too; but after I saw the film the second time, I realized that Obi-Wan actually pleaded with Yoda to not send him to face Anakin, saying, "I can't kill Anakin!" I'm sure it's not cowardice, now, and it's more that Obi-Wan has come to believe that Anakin truly is the Chosen One. He's hoping that somehow there is a way for Anakin to still bring balance to The Force and grieving because of Anakin's violence and anger and complete disregard for sensibility.

--------------------

This too shall pass...

Posts: 32 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 65.143.123.178

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05