my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Episode 2 & 3   » Questions about Palpatine,the Sith, and the Episode 3 (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Questions about Palpatine,the Sith, and the Episode 3
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-16-2002 08:52 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who knows whats happening... I think sidius is palpatine... to the end, to much evidence for me to dispute it, but, i can agree, that is deffenitly a strong possibility...i still wanna see Darth Chewbaca...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.26
catwmnjedi

Member # 343

posted 09-17-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for catwmnjedi   Author's Homepage   Email catwmnjedi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, jumping in just for fun.

Why does everyone assume one of the SITH ordered the army????

Nobody on the other boards liked my idea that maybe Qui-Gon ordered the army and used Sifo-Dyas' name. Hey, it's as good as any other theory!!! The timeframe of the army being ordered 10 years ago has significance and coincides with the events in TPM. Yes, it could be Sidious who used the name, but couldn't it have been another Jedi... possibly? I was thinking that maybe Qui-Gon foresaw the dark times coming and wanted to build up an army for the republic's defense. Since Qui-Gon and Dooku were close in the past, it's possible Dooku knew Qui-Gon did this or perhaps was even in on it. Motive to kill Qui-Gon to get him out of the way so the army could be manipulated by the Sith...

OK, you may all call me nuts now, but it would be great if that came to pass and I could thumb my nose at everyone.

--------------------

Call me Cat...
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." -- Solo in ANH
(writing for Finn Caglion and Jazelle Corona)

Posts: 20 | From: Peoria, IL | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.7
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 09-17-2002 11:40 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm. Wasn't Sifo-Dyas a name that the council members recognized? Yoda and Mace gave each other knowing looks when they heard his name.

I think the "Qui-Gon is Sifo-Dyas" could be a possibility too. I'm just really not absolutely sure of anything other than Palpy and Sidious being the same.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-18-2002 12:06 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Duh, great idea cat...

honestly, all one had to do was say they were syfo dyas... it is so simple...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.189
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 12:33 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mara1Jade:[QB]Hmmm. Wasn't Sifo-Dyas a name that the council members recognized? Yoda and Mace gave each other knowing looks when they heard his name.

I think the "Qui-Gon is Sifo-Dyas" could be a possibility too. I'm just really not absolutely sure of anything other than Palpy and Sidious being the same.[/QB]

I dont know why I didn't think of cat's idea earlier. I mean he did show signs of putting great knowledge into Obi-Wan's mind, to the point of having faith in him to train which could be the greatest Jedi ever seen to man-kind correctly. I think Cat you very well could be right..

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-18-2002 12:35 AM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Loban:[QB]Duh, great idea cat...

honestly, all one had to do was say they were syfo dyas... it is so simple... [/QB]

No, you must have some kind of superiority or some sort of ability to granted one respect. I mean they did say they were a Jedi or something like that, and they were expecting him. And also they wouldn't make clones for just anyone. Im pretty sure its Qui-Gon after that statement from cat, but if not it has to be some incredibly powerful and respectable.

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Naga Sadow

Member # 348

posted 09-18-2002 12:07 PM     Profile for Naga Sadow   Author's Homepage   Email Naga Sadow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Question 1:Was Palpatine maniputing the Trade Federation and the Jedi to fight against each other, so that Palpatine would be given power to resolve the problem?

"Once he had tricked various factions into supporting him for the postion of Senate leader, he moved quickly to consolidate his power"Star Wars-encylopedia Stephen J. Sansweet.

"The Commission for the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR) is founded as a social group, but receives covert aid and political power from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine himself. As a result of Qui-Gon Jinn's death and the Senate's use of Jedi as tools of their will, Count Dooku, a respected Jedi Master (former Master of Qui-Gon and former Padawan of Yoda), leaves the Jedi Order. He soon comes under the influence of Darth Sidious (Palpatine), who takes him on as
Darth Tyranus, knowing full well that training a replacement for Darth Maul would take far too long for his plans. Meanwhile, for unknown reasons, Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas goes to Kamino to commission a clone army for the Republic. Sifo-Dyas tells Prime Minister Lama Su that a template for the clone army, Jango Fett (personally picked out by Dooku four years ago), will be arriving soon. Jango, however, is contacted not by Sifo-Dyas, but by Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden. Jango agrees to be the clone template, on condition of very good pay and that he receive one unaltered (no accelerated growth) clone for himself. He
goes to Kamino, as Sifo-Dyas had promised. The first batch of clones (200,000) begin their growth, and Jango receives his
unaltered clone, a baby version of Jango that he names Boba. He will raise Boba as his own son. Shortly after this shadowy plot begins, Sifo-Dyas is mysteriously killed. Dooku, meanwhile, vanishes from public view.
Darth Sidious charges Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku, a Jedi Master who was once Master to Qui-Gon Jinn and Padawan of Yoda) with the task of taking down the Bando Gora cult, which consists, at least in part, of Force witches. To do this, Tyranus decides to hire many of the galaxy's best bounty hunters to take down the cult's leader. On Outland Station, where Jango has tracked his current bounty, he is approached by the station's owner, his friend Rozatta, who tells him of the Bando Gora bounty. Jango takes the job, despite her warnings. The Bando Gora Force witches raid the Outland Transit Station. (Dexter Jettster has owned a weapon shop here, and, after the offensive, Dex will
flounder around until making his way to Coruscant.) Along the way, Jango teams up with Zam Wesell to work to take down the cult leader, and his ship, Jaster's Legacy is replaced by his new vessel, Slave I. Another bounty hunter is also tracking the cult leader, and when this hunter turns out to be Montross, Jango finally has his revenge on Montross for his mentor's death. At last, Jango confronts the cult leader, a twisted Dark Jedi, fulfilling his mission for Tyranus. · Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku) returns to his tower to discover his Master, Darth Sidious (Palpatine) waiting for him. Dooku reports that the search for the Prime Clone for Sidious' intended clone army is nearly complete. The galaxy's deadliest
mercenaries have been pit against each other, and Jango Fett, the sole survivor when the Jedi raided the Mandalorians on Galidraan, will soon be the victor. He tells Sidious of Jango's past, using information he has from personal experience and information he extracted from Silas through torture shortly before the meeting. As Supreme Chancellor Palpatine grows in popularity and the turmoil from the Trade Federation situation dies down, many groups
head about their daily travels to Coruscant."

Detailed information concerning information presented (it also shows the refrences)
Question 2:Exactly what were the Sith?

An ancient people, they were conquered by powerful dark-sid Jedi magic. In their 100,000-year history have come close several times to vanquishing the light-side Jedi. Dark Lord of the Sith originally, these were powerful Jedi Knights who used the dark side of the force. Darth Bane decided that there would only be 2 Dark Lords exisitng at a time. The title was passed down from generation to generation to the next. The mmmified remains of many of the Dark Lords are preserved in monumental temples on Korriban. Naga Sadow lived 5,000 years before the Galactic Civil War. He was a member of the elite priesthood of pure Sith blood. He was one of the first to be exiled from his homeworld for rebelling against the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith and was scorned as a criminal by the Repblic. Reason in mentioning him is that, the invasion of the Dark Jedi his type of practicing sith was an outlaw.
============================================

As for what's comming in Ep.III. The very little detail ever mentioned on the offical site doesn't give any detail. I suggest to not assume anything. WHY? Well before there wa a star wars, no-one had an idea on the coming of the events to happen with the story, so just be filled with anticipation to see the forth coming!

--------------------

**To know nothing is bad**To learn nothing is worse**

Posts: 22 | From: Yavin 4 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 66.161.165.228

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05