my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » General Discussion   » Mourning

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Mourning
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-04-2006 08:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Labor Day will never be the same for me again. Today the world lost a great human being: good ol' Steve Irwin, the "Crocodile Hunter."

Anyone who could entice people's interests out of the concrete jungle, away from AI and into the natural world and the wonders it holds is five-star rated by me, and his humor was infectious.

Dang, I always thought a croc would finally do him in, but a stingray?

He shall be missed.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.65
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 09-04-2006 08:59 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I just heard this sad news a couple of hours ago. We were saying here we always thought it'd be a croc if anything. He's leaving behind a beautiful little girl and his wife too.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 09-05-2006 03:44 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I admire his accomplishments, though I did not like his show or attitude personally. I cannot give him props on how he died. The last time a stingray killed someone was sixty years ago -_-

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 71.212.213.231
Thea Morgan

Member # 349

posted 09-06-2006 05:34 PM     Profile for Thea Morgan   Author's Homepage   Email Thea Morgan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, its so sad. They have been playing tributes on just about every channel here all week. His poor family didn't find out until most of the world already knew either! They said on the news here that the family hadn't been reached yet since they were off hiking at the time of the first news release! I couldn't imagine raising two small kids on my own with the whole world knowing why.

--------------------

All I want is to be a Jedi.

Posts: 172 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 74.33.237.157

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05