The Holonet Boards   » General Discussion   » Mourning

Graysith

posted 09-04-2006 08:55 PM    
Ok, Labor Day will never be the same for me again. Today the world lost a great human being: good ol' Steve Irwin, the "Crocodile Hunter."

Anyone who could entice people's interests out of the concrete jungle, away from AI and into the natural world and the wonders it holds is five-star rated by me, and his humor was infectious.

Dang, I always thought a croc would finally do him in, but a stingray?

He shall be missed.

Mara1Jade

posted 09-04-2006 08:59 PM    
Yeah, I just heard this sad news a couple of hours ago. We were saying here we always thought it'd be a croc if anything. He's leaving behind a beautiful little girl and his wife too.

Rykounagin

posted 09-05-2006 03:44 PM    
I admire his accomplishments, though I did not like his show or attitude personally. I cannot give him props on how he died. The last time a stingray killed someone was sixty years ago -_-

Thea Morgan

posted 09-06-2006 05:34 PM    
Yeah, its so sad. They have been playing tributes on just about every channel here all week. His poor family didn't find out until most of the world already knew either! They said on the news here that the family hadn't been reached yet since they were off hiking at the time of the first news release! I couldn't imagine raising two small kids on my own with the whole world knowing why.