my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » Who is going to convince Anakin to change to the Dark Side?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Who is going to convince Anakin to change to the Dark Side?
Shahrazad

Member # 617

posted 03-19-2005 08:46 PM     Profile for Shahrazad   Author's Homepage   Email Shahrazad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I think that Palpatine's to. He had that talk with anakin in the very beggining of episode 2, telling him that he was one of the strongest jedi ever. That made him stronger, and gave him an advantage.

--------------------

Kneel before me. Fear me.

Posts: 40 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-19-2005 08:57 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dude have you seen the new trailer. It shows palpatine curropting anikan. The books the talk about him corrupting him. Duh, palpitine corrupts him.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 03-20-2005 09:10 AM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yup, Takeshi's right

Palpy blatantly fools Anakin into trying out the Darkside, Ani asks how to learn this unnatural power, and Palpy says, not from a Jedi...

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.39.115
Shahrazad

Member # 617

posted 03-20-2005 02:10 PM     Profile for Shahrazad   Author's Homepage   Email Shahrazad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry, hadn't seen the new trailer but have now. Vey interesting trailer. I think that the third movie is going to be the best action filled one.

--------------------

Kneel before me. Fear me.

Posts: 40 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 03-24-2005 11:38 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wasn't it fairly obvious from episodes 4-6 about what happened? And the set-up they have been building up to in the last two movies makes it pretty clear to me as well. I hope this isn't a spoiler, and I'll be pretty bewildered if this isn't the story, but Palpy, moonlighting as everyone's favorite senator, has all along been planning to get his mits on Anni.

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 03-24-2005 11:43 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys have got it all wrong, it's YODA!!!!!!! I mean, didn't you see the look in his eyes when Luke says "I'm not afraid" and Yoda replies "You will be.... you will be!"? If that ain't the dark side talkin' then I'm a monkey's uncle...

...errrr...aunt. I predict Yoda is gonna turn wicked in Ep. III then secretly train Ani in the darkside, then run for the caves of Degobah when Palpy goes after him...

[ 03-24-2005 11:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 03-24-2005 11:48 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, my eyes have been opened! How could I have been so blind, you are so right! But it is not Yoda I see, it is his secret apprentice C3PO! Yes, that's it! How else could a naked droid get his hands on a whole new suit made of pure gold? And then pretend to not remember any of this whole experience in the later movies? That's it!!!!! Yoda and C3PO -- the secret Dark Side!

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Sellith

Member # 625

posted 04-05-2005 10:25 AM     Profile for Sellith   Author's Homepage   Email Sellith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
patternghost you are very close, its not C3P0 that turns him its R2D2! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!.... Dont yoou think its his mom that turns him to the dark side or padme cause if his mom didn't die then he wouldn't kill all those tusken raiders!!

--------------------

The Jedi are the true evil.

Posts: 84 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 82.40.11.140
Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 08-03-2005 10:35 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would say he turned himself to the darkside. He just had alot of help along the way.

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05