my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » Role..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Role..
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 01-27-2003 12:18 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you were to be asked to play the role of a character in the series which would you pick?

I'd pick one of the Jedi kids running down the step, and extra or something, I dont want nothing big--dont wanna see my character die, lol.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-27-2003 12:30 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As much as I love the Dark Side, I'd have to say Princess Leia... just so I can play opposite of Harrison Ford!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 01-27-2003 12:43 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah, lol

Also I'd like to say I'd also like to be Mace Windu because he's a bad motha--shut ya mouth. ^_^

Though he does die in the next movie it is the fantastic lightsaber ability that attracts me to his role, as well as his calm sense.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 01-29-2003 10:44 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what do you mean mace dies in the next movie? he does not! he grows hair, bleeches his skin color, kills off obi-wan, and takes his place teaching luke, duh

course, if i were to play a roll, it'ed have to be either old ben, or old yoda, gotta play the wise man... and plus, i'd get to haunt the sissy jedi-wannabe luke skywalker, that would be awsome

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.67
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 01-29-2003 10:47 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should be really careful about spoilers. Some of us (ME) would like to find out in the movie and not now.

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 975 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.156.105
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 01-31-2003 09:57 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what spoilers are you refering to? *points to himself innocently*

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.125
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 01-31-2003 10:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummm....

Anyone who has seen the first trilogy knows that all the Jedi die... ergo, Mace dies in Episode III. As does Kit Fisto and all the others. Except for Yoda and Ben.

I can't see this information as being a "spoiler."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.213.71
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-07-2003 06:57 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now Graysith, you know it's a possibility that Mace lives in hiding... no matter if myself, nor anyone else in their right mind would think so... it is a possibility...

And I would choose to be Anakin, there's just no other way to go... maybe young Obi-Wan... or, why not Han... yeah, that's the ticket...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.194.252
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-08-2003 11:41 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wouldn't mind being young Obi-Wan's girlfriend.

Oh wait, he didn't have a girlfriend?

Scratch that...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 975 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.159.80
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-09-2003 12:22 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talkin' 'bout SHAFT!
Mace LIVES!!!! he is in the USA and is still a mean motha' Sucker! I know it was MACE in that "shaft" movie!!! It just has to be him!
Funny thing though... he looks Younger in that "shaft" movie!!! even though MACE is from "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.231.28.200
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-19-2003 01:27 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mara1Jade:[QB]I wouldn't mind being young Obi-Wan's girlfriend.

Scratch that...[/QB]

Hehe, funny Mara..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-20-2003 04:55 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Friendly note to Graysith,
Actually Obi wan and Yoda are not the ONLY Jedi who survived the Emperor's Purge....There are also Qu Rahn and Morgan Katarn(who appeared in some books and the "Dark Forces" Star wars PC game)
And yes....Mace,sadly ,did not survive....

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-20-2003 10:38 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Games in association with the movie series, bah!

Then Lucas had better come up with some pretty fancy writing. I swear in ANH Ben stated he was the last of the jedi, and in ESB when he and Yoda were talking Ben said Luke was their only hope, whereupon Yoda corrected him (probably referring to Leia).

I hate when people alter their storylines AFTER they have begun to be "set!" Were these others you speak of perhaps students? I haven't read all the books.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-20-2003 05:28 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason obi wan thought he and Yoda were the last of the Jedi is simple.....Qu Rahn was presumed killed but actually he went into hiding on the other side of the galaxy(like obi and Yoda). In fact Rahn was sure HE was the last of the Jedi. As for Morgan Katarn, he left the Jedi temple when he was still a padawan....therefore there is no record of him being a Jedi.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-20-2003 06:45 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, you have to remember who Luke is and who Leia are. They are not normal blessed Jedi, and hold potiental that could rip the head off Darth Vader if reaching it. Any other Jedi couldn't do that. They hold Anakin's blood, which makes them far superior to Obi-Wan and Yoda in potiental.

If to attain that they would be the only ones to defeat Darth Vader.

No way would the other's be referred to on that level. It just wouldn't happen okay. Just wouldn't! You have to think realistically here and logically.

Their is no way Darth Vader, or even the clones got every Jedi. That's just not going to happen. I don't care who you are, or what you have to help you in a purge, your not taking out every person in the race. Only if they are all collected on one planet.

And that's not happening with the Jedi. It'd involve far too many procedures that would drain the time and power out of the Empire. They would never be such accomplished people by the time of A New Hope if they were continuing with the purge.

It was no need, the Jedi race was though to have vanish. It would become slightly more easier for Jedi if they did manage to survive during this time to get around.

Also, matter where they were, they could go around easily. This is implied by the reactions in the catina. They quickly got back to their life after the lightsaber ability was shown. "No one cared!"

They acted as if Obi-Wan didn't even exist. Their are numerous catina's, and planets just like this in the galaxy and hiding from the Empire there would be easy.

Also, Lucas approved this idea, for he approved these games. In Star Wars Galaxies they are going to allow a very rare amount of Jedi, and Mr. Lucas has approved this idea and nearly every other leemnt of the game.

So yes, it is offical. Their was a few Jedi that survived.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Capt. OBVIOUS

Member # 465

posted 05-20-2003 08:10 PM     Profile for Capt. OBVIOUS   Author's Homepage   Email Capt. OBVIOUS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It appears that LUMBIA has done some research before his post. Good job son!

I'll just keep on pointing out the OBVIOUS of you let me!

--------------------

The Doctor said my nose wouldn't bleed so much if I keep my finger out of there.

Posts: 50 | From: Anywhere something OBVIOUS needs to be pointed out! | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 05-20-2003 10:45 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Captian, for pointing out the obvious.

So lets get this thread back on track. Why are we even talking about if Jedi survived anyway, what about the roles man!

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-21-2003 06:31 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would play Jacen Solo
note to Lumbiasith....
Most of the jedi will die when their temple is destroyed

--------------------

Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 02-16-2005 05:22 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would play Luke Skywalker, he was just such a great character, secondly, I would be Gray's brother ^_^

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.38.10
Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-12-2005 08:26 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luke is a pansy, now young kenobi is someone I could play. But then I would have to be Qui-gons aprentice and that would suck. Oh well, I could cling ot the hope that I knew he would die. Oh wait, pick maul. Not that would kick.

--------------------

Those who see nothing shall see all, While those who think that they see shall see nothing.

Posts: 55 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 03-12-2005 09:15 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To Mira:

UNTIL YOU GET BISECTED BY YOUNG KENOBI!

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.39.115
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-12-2005 11:37 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mara1Jade:[QB]I wouldn't mind being young Obi-Wan's girlfriend.

Scratch that...[/QB]

Actually, he does have a girlfriend in one of the book series. But she gets shot by her best friend and her father when she runs between them. She dies, then a huge civil war gets started over it. Obi left the jedi for her, then got to come back to help Qui-gon take out Xanatos (Qui-gon's origonal padawan).

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-13-2005 07:39 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that creepy sewer lady. Actually, she was described as being quite attractive, but obi was a retard to leave the jedi for her and Nate. The death scene she had was pretty cool though, caught in a crossfire and all.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Aelly Ssyn

Mistress of Black Sun

Member # 698

posted 09-17-2005 12:26 AM     Profile for Aelly Ssyn   Author's Homepage   Email Aelly Ssyn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Obi-Wan will you still love me ven though I have multiple holes through me?

Sorry couldn't resist.

--------------------

It's nothing personal. It's just business.

Posts: 97 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05