my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » Fett vs. Fett (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Fett vs. Fett
Ghost Dog

Mandalorian Scout

Member # 298

posted 08-02-2002 08:37 PM     Profile for Ghost Dog   Author's Homepage   Email Ghost Dog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who do you think would win in a fight, if it could happen, between Jango & Boba?
I honestly think Boba would win because he appears to have better weaponry and tactics than Jango....plus Boba survived the Sarlacc.

--------------------

For the Guild, For the Credits, For the Respect, For the pleasure!

Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 68.43.36.74
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-02-2002 08:51 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well its hard to tell, specially with Jango only being in one movie so far, and being killed by a Jedi makes him look horrible, but he was a Jedi of one of the highest caliber. I'd guess Bobba as he would learn from the mistakes of his father, and also he expanded his weaponary.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-02-2002 09:55 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boba would get wamped by jango, jango's armor was of a much higher caliber then bobas, and as for weaponry, boba just had a blaster, a rope gun, and a flame thrower, not that much different then what jango had... plus, jango's jet pack works a lot better then bobas...

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.252
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-02-2002 10:23 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After all is said and done... they are the same person...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.173
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-03-2002 03:35 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm, you pretty much spoiled the whole point of the thread, its about a fight, nothing about them being the same person. What were you answeirng to?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-03-2002 05:01 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just making a point... nothing more, nothing less...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.243
Brodie-Wan

Member # 294

posted 08-05-2002 05:05 PM     Profile for Brodie-Wan   Author's Homepage   Email Brodie-Wan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Jango would kill Boba because he is a much better fighter.
He died in the heat of battle against a Jedi and how many people can survive a direct attack from a jedi. He died with honer.
Boba was beaten by a blind man with a stick.
How embarasing is that

--------------------

And thats all i have to say about that.

Posts: 42 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 209.202.90.198
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-05-2002 05:19 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think in the end we have to remember, yoda could kill them all...and so could darth maul...so there. i guess that answers the question perfectly

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.135
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-06-2002 11:50 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, it depends on which Boba Fett you want to fight Jango.

For example, if it was Boba Fett who just started out being a bounty hunter after leaving the Imperial Army, sure Jango would waste him within 60 seconds.

But, if you mean Boba Fett who survived being digested by the Sarlacc, stalked Han Solo dozens of times, fought Light and Dark Jedi (including Luke Skywalker AND Darth Vader), killed an imposter of himself, and has years of experience in bounty hunting...

Well, I don't think Jango has a snowball's chance in hell. That's it. Bye-bye. See ya later.

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
SeanHortkron

Pilot of Unknown Past

Member # 279

posted 08-07-2002 03:15 PM     Profile for SeanHortkron   Author's Homepage   Email SeanHortkron     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, when the truth is told, we love to have the chance of smiling. You know, its wonderful to smile when you know what is true, and Boba can easily destroy of Jango if it takes place after that attack on Boba when he fights with people like Luke and Darth,its clear he's the best Bounty Hunter their will be, and ever could be. So bow before him, as Jango is nothing to him. I mean even one of my character could beat him, lol.

--------------------

The Power of crave can overwhelm the strenght of pride.

Posts: 94 | From: Irutula | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Kanos

Broken Back Button

Member # 334

posted 09-02-2002 04:00 AM     Profile for Kanos   Author's Homepage   Email Kanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
bah! I hate the new movies because they totally changed boba fetts story.

Non-New movie Bobat Fett would kill Jango just for the fact that hes skilled. Weapons dont matter with him. Hes mastered SEVERAL fighting styles, armed and unarmed. The only person that I dont think he can kill in unarmed combat that is human (not force-sensetive) is Kanos, but thats only because he was a royal guardsman.

im so tired right now. I havent slept in more than 24 hours. that probably sounded like crap. ill add more later.

[ 09-03-2002 06:40 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kanos ]

--------------------

For some people punishment is a lesson, For others its a Lifetime!

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 172.132.38.247
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-02-2002 08:22 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whos kanos? *is confused* i think I could kill fett...no problem, *flexes* fet was just a weak little man with some cool armor, me on the other hand, I dont have cool armor...so...hmm...maybe i couldnt kill him *reconsiders*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.199
Narcolm

Member # 222

posted 09-03-2002 08:49 AM     Profile for Narcolm   Author's Homepage   Email Narcolm     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boba Fett was a far less skilled hunter than his father. He was less observant, not as skillful a fighter and made his way craftyness rather than brute force. I have real problems with the Bounty Hunter wars book sieries so I will not mention them. Still he did manage to blast his way out of the sarlaccs belly but it would have killed him had Dengar not saved him.

--------------------

Rathal

(I AM turning to the Darkside)

"There's room at the top they're telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill."

Posts: 74 | From: See Rahthal | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-03-2002 07:35 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya, i personaly hate when people use the sarlac insedent in fetts favor, i mean, anyone with that much weaponry could kill the sarlac, and then add in the fact that the way he fell in was just pathetic... i mean, JEEZ!

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.84.98
Darksider

BANNED
Member # 331

posted 09-10-2002 07:50 PM     Profile for Darksider   Author's Homepage   Email Darksider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it is Boba who is most powerful. i think it was in the episode 2 novel, jango told boba he would be much more powerful than him someday. something about boba was excelling at thing he has only begun to learn. and if you look at jango's past, he was considered "one of the best" but still had some serious competition, whereas boba was unaminously considered the BEST with no one that came close to his skill level
Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 24.49.212.189
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-10-2002 11:22 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ALL THIS FREAKING IGNORANCE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! THERE CHARACTERS! YOU WANT POWERFUL?! LOOK AT FLAC! yes, my character that i made, he is a demi-god of emense power, and can do everything, destroy/create a world, there, now ponder this, who's more powerful? jango, boba, or flac?

*has totaly lost his mind and appologizes for the outburst*

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.158
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 09-10-2002 11:39 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flac?

what do I win...

and btw... your lucky you apologized, otherwise, I would have thrown the moderating book at ya... no shouting in my forum...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.163.115
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-10-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im lucky eh? i dont think im lucky.... i got mad skill... *shrugs* i gotta vent...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.158
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 09-11-2002 12:21 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mad skill...i haven't heard that one in a while.

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.186
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 09-11-2002 11:09 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heh, you havnt heard that in a while? i just got mad skills, thats why i used it, mad skills... *chuckle* i dont really use that phrase, my alter ego does though, his name is flac...he's basicly a bad @$$ version of me, cept rather then a nerd, he's like super tuff, he's the reason im not fat, whiped me into shap a while ago... hmm...and he indeed does have Mad Skill...

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.222
blaksun

Broken Back Button

Member # 516

posted 12-09-2003 01:03 PM     Profile for blaksun   Author's Homepage   Email blaksun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kir Kanos...uber god of coolness.

--------------------

Come forth! and we shall duel until White is Black and Black is White!

Posts: 7 | From: hell | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 63.139.82.254
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-10-2003 01:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Long overdue reply to Entaris:

Kir Kanos is someone else (ie: not one of the "core" of the Pod) and probably a friend of Blaksun, judging from the post immediately prior to the one I write here.

Hello, guys....

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.102
blaksun

Broken Back Button

Member # 516

posted 12-15-2003 01:38 PM     Profile for blaksun   Author's Homepage   Email blaksun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You simply can not get better than Kir Kanos.

--------------------

Come forth! and we shall duel until White is Black and Black is White!

Posts: 7 | From: hell | Registered: Nov 2003  |  Logged: 63.139.82.254
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 06-12-2004 05:28 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boba and Jango also grew up with different technologies. If you played the Bounty Hunter game, Jango fights and defeats a dark jedi that was trained by count dooku. Jango is also the last true Mandalorian. Boba grew up learning to hunt and his father/clone parent taught him to be self reliant and much more. It would also depend on several things. Boba lived with more advanced weapons. But if you put Jango up against Boba at the end of their adventures, Jango would most likely win. He's learned from some of the best to learn from, and was able to fight and defeat a dark jedi. Boba would have the newer technology, but that is nothing compared to experience.
Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Cult Master Raelgosh

Member # 542

posted 06-18-2004 03:57 PM     Profile for Cult Master Raelgosh   Author's Homepage   Email Cult Master Raelgosh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, sa'kal, you're being delusional. Look, Jangos DEAD and Boba's NOT. Also noting, if you take a look at the list of equipment in a swrpg book (not the stats, just the list), fett has about 4 more weapons that jango and they ALL kick ass. However, taking into consideration that boba at normal current times is about 62 years old and jango died at like, 40, it would probably equal out. Not mentioning psychological problems of killing A) your dad, B) Someone who looked exactly like you, C) Your mentor and "loving" teacher.

--------------------

I have been thrown across the planes of time, but that does not change that no one will ever stand in my way.

Posts: 62 | From: Past, Present, Future | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 67.41.147.110

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05