my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » Characters   » Dooku VS Vader-who would win? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Dooku VS Vader-who would win?
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-02-2002 12:19 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, i was just thinkin, who would win in a fight? Vader, or Dooku, both are some bad mutha shut yo mouths.... Dooku has the cool fencing style lightsaber technique, but fager has good parry/attack speed. I dont quite know myself, i think that they would be pretty closly matched, what do you all think?

P.S. Dookus lightsaber is the coolist, dont ya think?

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.129
Lord_Andromeda

Member # 184

posted 06-02-2002 10:06 AM     Profile for Lord_Andromeda   Author's Homepage   Email Lord_Andromeda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, that would be a tough one. But dont forget, anikin fought Dooku and lost, so vader might lose. But Vader is stronger then anikin was, so i think he might stand a good chance.
Posts: 68 | From: Matleth | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 213.48.231.212
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-02-2002 05:56 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Vader would whomp Dooku, simply because at the moment, strong with the Force or not, Anakin is still operating -- or trying to-- from the Light side, and hasn't been fully trained yet by Palpatine... oops, I meant Sidious. Hehehe... but he will be, and I really do think we're going to see this confrontation in EP3. We HAVE to: Tyranus has to die so there will be room for Vader.

And Padme is going to be connected with all this as well, either by being killed by Dooku or Sidious, or the fact that Anakin somehow is lead to BELIEVE she is dead. He's too hooked on her for her not to be integral in his transmutation into the great Lord of the Sith that he is destined to become.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.24
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-20-2002 10:40 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dooku... Vader doesn't have as much power as Dooku(i.e. no lightening bolts) and he was more powerful before he fell into the lava pit...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.251
Ahmad

Member # 219

posted 06-21-2002 12:30 AM     Profile for Ahmad   Author's Homepage   Email Ahmad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No he wasn't, cause that'd mean Obi Wan would be stronger then him, which is simply outrageous. He might have higher molo. but that doesn't mean he is stronger. In truth, if you are intuned with the force ability, and fighting ability, nothing matters more. I mean, Qui-Gon was doing well against someone such as Darth Maul, until the accident, who was highly stronger then him molo. In truth, it doesn't matter, and Count Dooku couldn't even touch Vader, as he could reflect lasers, and I haven't seen anyone do that...

--------------------

"If I wanted to..you'd be dead"-Ahmad

Posts: 90 | From: | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 12.246.169.9
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-23-2002 12:53 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, as was the post that said dooku was stronger then vader because vader didnt have lightning, well, that would be because vadar perfered using telokeneses, its in ep-2, he lifts the fruit up and floats it to padme, he was good with it, and then turned it to a weapon, think about it, obi-wan blocked the lightning with his saber, did you see anyone able to block the choke? the lighting simply hits them and causes damage, the choke lets vader throw off there consentration, and makes then totaly easy to attack... then of course the thing with throwing boxes, that as well shows vader loves telekeneses... AND look, darth maul, the most powerful of all sith in my opinion, used simply the throwing of boxes, lightning wasnt something he used (cept in the game of course, which is crap...) so now you know the opinion of me dont you feel special>

[ 06-23-2002 12:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Trel kentar ]

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 209.178.189.236
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-23-2002 01:03 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Dooku faced 3 Jedi... and was a match for Yoda, even though he would have died if he had not cheated. My point is that Vader would have lost if he and Yoda matched up, thus it would be close, but I would chose Dooku to come out on top over Vader...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.40
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-23-2002 01:17 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO NO NO! im afriad not my friend... dooku faced three jedi, one at a time...he knocked anakin to the wall, beat up on obi-wan then, and then he faught anakin, and then he faught yoda, maul faught obi-wan and qui-gon at the same exact time, and then one at a time, and was more than a match... sorry to dissagree with you, but maul was da bomb, and by the end of my time here, i will let all of you know that, and you will agree...i guess i have a lot of work to do, as you might have noticed, i sneak in something about maul in almost every post

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 06-23-2002 01:21 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are correct about Maul, but doesn't change my mind that Dooku would beat, maybe a draw, Vader... it's too close to call...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.40
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-23-2002 01:22 AM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing i have to admit, dooku's fighting style, would work on vader... the whole fencing still lightsaber battling is amazing, i would have never thought of that, but now that ive seen it, i must say its awsome...

--------------------

rexcoeus

Broken Back Button

Member # 285

posted 07-07-2002 07:51 PM     Profile for rexcoeus   Author's Homepage   Email rexcoeus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We'll find that out when Epsisode 3 comes out... if you remember in Episode 1, at Qui Gon's funeral, Yoda says that there is always two sith. The apprentice and the master. In Episode 3 we all know that Anakin turns to the darkside, so he must defeat Dooku. Either that or Dooku dies some other way. My guess is Vader could beat Dooku.

--------------------

May the Force be with you... always...

Posts: 12 | From: The Cantina on Mos Eisly | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 66.31.218.222
Sissi

Member # 277

posted 07-30-2002 03:06 PM     Profile for Sissi   Author's Homepage   Email Sissi     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have to say Vader would kick Dooku's sith sitting device! Let's face it , Vader is not Mr Subtle. He could have dropped a shuttle on him or something if he wanted to, it would be like swatting flies! And let's face it, who's the Daddy in the original trilogy? I don't see Dooku anywhere! So unlucky Tyrannus, your hide is Vader's!!!!!

--------------------

The Force makes a Jedi, not the lightsaber...

Posts: 37 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 62.253.128.6
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-07-2002 11:08 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I actually have to change my first electon the combat. The two combatants are very diverse in style, and have differences in strenght, still not meaning that one is a better competitor or combatant. I believe that Dooku can destroy of Darth Vader in close range combat, which has been shown before. He threw him down like hot potatoes. I believe in Force manners Darth Vader is higher, but when it comes to lightsaber collision on the battle feild, everything is over. Dooku showed he could take on near anyone with that battle with Yoda, which he nearly lost for it wasn't for his quick thinking. He could have quickly destroyed of Anakin in hte first place, and Darth Vader hasn't enterally changed with close range combat. If they are far away, I think that Dooku would still lose, he doesn't have the tools, other then for his lighting techinque to kill a opponent such as Vader, or anyone of his caliber.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
jedimasterskul

Member # 315

posted 08-16-2002 07:50 PM     Profile for jedimasterskul   Author's Homepage   Email jedimasterskul     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Vader could destroy Dooku.After all Dooku is not the reason all the Jedi either died or had to go into hiding for.Even Yoda was afraid.
Posts: 18 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 209.206.157.191
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-16-2002 09:03 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to establish yoda was not afraid, but outmatched. He was outmatched by an army, a Death Star, a incredible Dark Master, and Darth Vader. Who would be stupid enough to attack, not him. He was probably awaiting the day of light, so he could rest forever. Like he did with Luke, when he knew he would be able to beat his adversary, and bring back his father. When light would appear once more. He was outmatched by Darkness, not one person...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-16-2002 09:45 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm... id have to disagree with your statment a few posts up lumbia, In close range combat vader is very awsome, look at the evedence anakin was able to dual with 2 lightsabers, not a small task...now, add in the fact that vader is much more skilled then anakin, and you got a very good dualist. Vader faught with luke, and although i dispise luke, i have to say he's very skilled with a lightsaber...so, if vader can survive a battle with luke, he could survive a battle with dooku. Dooku was extrodenary yes, but his fighting style is fully defensive, while vader is all around... that is his advantage, plus, as stated above, he could drop a shuttle on him

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.68
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-16-2002 10:37 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dooku survived, and did an incredible fight with Yoda. The Master of all Jedi, and able to clearly defeat Vader and Dooku, and possibly Palpatine, but neither at the same time. Dooku is more skilled because he was trained by the best, Obi WAn was great, but he wasn't the best. Anakin as as good at his master when he turns to the Dark side, and that is why he was thrown into the pit. He grew, but he coudl took on Obi-Wan and beat him because of his enhancement with the DArk Side, and little bit of his lightsaber skills. It didn't improve that much, and Dooku can beat Obi-Wan, and Anakin of the old. HE can beat Vader, he can beat near everyone with a lightsaber except possibly Mace Windu, and surely Yoda, specially in his prime

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-16-2002 11:35 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you keep making reference to how dooku beat anakin, but that doesnt matter, 1) anakin was a lightside user, 2)if the padawan ends up as good as his master, as you refered to dooku as having been trained by the best, then you must see that therin, qui-gon was trained by dooku, and obi-wan was trained by him, therin anakin was trained by the best... and then add in training from palpatine.

3) dooku is good with a lightsaber, but he is not match for vader, because vader has proved that he has good lightsaber skills...

anakin fought as a lightside user and stood a chance, yes, the lightning, but thats because he's an idiot, and wasnt prepared, but he got up after that and faught on, that shows skill,now magnify is skill by changing him to the darkside, and he is god... his armor is likewise protective, so he gains an advantage.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.68
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-16-2002 11:43 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dooku, that is all...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Darksider

BANNED
Member # 331

posted 08-28-2002 03:45 PM     Profile for Darksider   Author's Homepage   Email Darksider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
vader takes over dookus job as palpatines apprentice and then kills paplatine, therefore it is only logical to think vader would best dooku in a fight
Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 24.49.127.226
Kanos

Broken Back Button

Member # 334

posted 09-03-2002 04:26 AM     Profile for Kanos   Author's Homepage   Email Kanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
actually vader was a master of several melee combat styles. The only reason why yoda lost is because dooku cheated. Vader could care less if an innocent victem gets killed. You cannot compare a lightside jedi to a darkside jedi.

--------------------

For some people punishment is a lesson, For others its a Lifetime!

Posts: 14 | From: | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 172.133.126.229
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 10-12-2002 10:10 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, new information has been brought to my attention... Vader would win... and here is why:

Vader focused on strength and attack moves... his form of fighting exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack...

Dooku, on the other hand, was one of the greatest dueling masters of his time... but, with the refinement of Vader's fighting style, he wouldn't have stood a chance...

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.104
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 10-13-2002 12:11 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Id just like to state, for the record, that dooku wouldnt stand a chance because, with my own sudden realization...

Ok, Obi-wan manages to blood the lightning from dooku with his saber, so we now know thats a possibility, have you ever seen a telekeneses get blocked by a lightsaber? vader could drop dooku off a cliff and there would be nothing the old fart could do about it

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.51
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 08-22-2004 07:46 AM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would also like to mention a few things about the jedi beating the sith warriors. First, has anyone noticed that obi-wan was mad at darth maul, and luke was mad at vader when he attacked him? i personally think the only way for most jedi to beat any sith is to fall partially to the dark side. also, vader would open a can of woop a$$ on dooku. Dooku may have the unique style of fighting, but lets face it, vader is Anakin, and Anakin is the CHOSEN ONE. Vader led the hunt for the jedi, but he did have an army behind him. Vader was much more experienced that dooku though, plus dooku wasn't a warrior, he was a political idealist. he only fought when needed. Oh, and i'd like to see dooku block a chocking move by vader .

Basically, Vader would woop Dooku's a$$.

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Nefrai Kesh

Member # 554

posted 08-24-2004 02:16 PM     Profile for Nefrai Kesh   Author's Homepage   Email Nefrai Kesh     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh heh, well put I guess.

--------------------

"I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares." ~The Inquisition

Posts: 134 | From: | Registered: Jun 2004  |  Logged: 216.160.191.93

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05