The Holonet Boards   » Characters   » Dooku VS Vader-who would win?

Entaris

posted 06-02-2002 12:19 AM    
Ok, i was just thinkin, who would win in a fight? Vader, or Dooku, both are some bad mutha shut yo mouths.... Dooku has the cool fencing style lightsaber technique, but fager has good parry/attack speed. I dont quite know myself, i think that they would be pretty closly matched, what do you all think?

P.S. Dookus lightsaber is the coolist, dont ya think?

Lord_Andromeda

posted 06-02-2002 10:06 AM    
well, that would be a tough one. But dont forget, anikin fought Dooku and lost, so vader might lose. But Vader is stronger then anikin was, so i think he might stand a good chance.

Graysith

posted 06-02-2002 05:56 PM    
I think Vader would whomp Dooku, simply because at the moment, strong with the Force or not, Anakin is still operating -- or trying to-- from the Light side, and hasn't been fully trained yet by Palpatine... oops, I meant Sidious. Hehehe... but he will be, and I really do think we're going to see this confrontation in EP3. We HAVE to: Tyranus has to die so there will be room for Vader.

And Padme is going to be connected with all this as well, either by being killed by Dooku or Sidious, or the fact that Anakin somehow is lead to BELIEVE she is dead. He's too hooked on her for her not to be integral in his transmutation into the great Lord of the Sith that he is destined to become.

Loban

posted 06-20-2002 10:40 PM    
Dooku... Vader doesn't have as much power as Dooku(i.e. no lightening bolts) and he was more powerful before he fell into the lava pit...

Ahmad

posted 06-21-2002 12:30 AM    
No he wasn't, cause that'd mean Obi Wan would be stronger then him, which is simply outrageous. He might have higher molo. but that doesn't mean he is stronger. In truth, if you are intuned with the force ability, and fighting ability, nothing matters more. I mean, Qui-Gon was doing well against someone such as Darth Maul, until the accident, who was highly stronger then him molo. In truth, it doesn't matter, and Count Dooku couldn't even touch Vader, as he could reflect lasers, and I haven't seen anyone do that...

Trel kentar

posted 06-23-2002 12:53 AM    
ok, as was the post that said dooku was stronger then vader because vader didnt have lightning, well, that would be because vadar perfered using telokeneses, its in ep-2, he lifts the fruit up and floats it to padme, he was good with it, and then turned it to a weapon, think about it, obi-wan blocked the lightning with his saber, did you see anyone able to block the choke? the lighting simply hits them and causes damage, the choke lets vader throw off there consentration, and makes then totaly easy to attack... then of course the thing with throwing boxes, that as well shows vader loves telekeneses... AND look, darth maul, the most powerful of all sith in my opinion, used simply the throwing of boxes, lightning wasnt something he used (cept in the game of course, which is crap...) so now you know the opinion of me dont you feel special>

[ 06-23-2002 12:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Trel kentar ]

Loban

posted 06-23-2002 01:03 AM    
Ok, Dooku faced 3 Jedi... and was a match for Yoda, even though he would have died if he had not cheated. My point is that Vader would have lost if he and Yoda matched up, thus it would be close, but I would chose Dooku to come out on top over Vader...

Trel kentar

posted 06-23-2002 01:17 AM    
NO NO NO! im afriad not my friend... dooku faced three jedi, one at a time...he knocked anakin to the wall, beat up on obi-wan then, and then he faught anakin, and then he faught yoda, maul faught obi-wan and qui-gon at the same exact time, and then one at a time, and was more than a match... sorry to dissagree with you, but maul was da bomb, and by the end of my time here, i will let all of you know that, and you will agree...i guess i have a lot of work to do, as you might have noticed, i sneak in something about maul in almost every post

Loban

posted 06-23-2002 01:21 AM    
You are correct about Maul, but doesn't change my mind that Dooku would beat, maybe a draw, Vader... it's too close to call...

Trel kentar

posted 06-23-2002 01:22 AM    
One thing i have to admit, dooku's fighting style, would work on vader... the whole fencing still lightsaber battling is amazing, i would have never thought of that, but now that ive seen it, i must say its awsome...

rexcoeus

posted 07-07-2002 07:51 PM    
We'll find that out when Epsisode 3 comes out... if you remember in Episode 1, at Qui Gon's funeral, Yoda says that there is always two sith. The apprentice and the master. In Episode 3 we all know that Anakin turns to the darkside, so he must defeat Dooku. Either that or Dooku dies some other way. My guess is Vader could beat Dooku.

Sissi

posted 07-30-2002 03:06 PM    
I would have to say Vader would kick Dooku's sith sitting device! Let's face it , Vader is not Mr Subtle. He could have dropped a shuttle on him or something if he wanted to, it would be like swatting flies! And let's face it, who's the Daddy in the original trilogy? I don't see Dooku anywhere! So unlucky Tyrannus, your hide is Vader's!!!!!

LumbiaSith

posted 08-07-2002 11:08 PM    
I actually have to change my first electon the combat. The two combatants are very diverse in style, and have differences in strenght, still not meaning that one is a better competitor or combatant. I believe that Dooku can destroy of Darth Vader in close range combat, which has been shown before. He threw him down like hot potatoes. I believe in Force manners Darth Vader is higher, but when it comes to lightsaber collision on the battle feild, everything is over. Dooku showed he could take on near anyone with that battle with Yoda, which he nearly lost for it wasn't for his quick thinking. He could have quickly destroyed of Anakin in hte first place, and Darth Vader hasn't enterally changed with close range combat. If they are far away, I think that Dooku would still lose, he doesn't have the tools, other then for his lighting techinque to kill a opponent such as Vader, or anyone of his caliber.

jedimasterskul

posted 08-16-2002 07:50 PM    
I think Vader could destroy Dooku.After all Dooku is not the reason all the Jedi either died or had to go into hiding for.Even Yoda was afraid.

LumbiaSith

posted 08-16-2002 09:03 PM    
I'd like to establish yoda was not afraid, but outmatched. He was outmatched by an army, a Death Star, a incredible Dark Master, and Darth Vader. Who would be stupid enough to attack, not him. He was probably awaiting the day of light, so he could rest forever. Like he did with Luke, when he knew he would be able to beat his adversary, and bring back his father. When light would appear once more. He was outmatched by Darkness, not one person...

Entaris

posted 08-16-2002 09:45 PM    
hmm... id have to disagree with your statment a few posts up lumbia, In close range combat vader is very awsome, look at the evedence anakin was able to dual with 2 lightsabers, not a small task...now, add in the fact that vader is much more skilled then anakin, and you got a very good dualist. Vader faught with luke, and although i dispise luke, i have to say he's very skilled with a lightsaber...so, if vader can survive a battle with luke, he could survive a battle with dooku. Dooku was extrodenary yes, but his fighting style is fully defensive, while vader is all around... that is his advantage, plus, as stated above, he could drop a shuttle on him

LumbiaSith

posted 08-16-2002 10:37 PM    
Dooku survived, and did an incredible fight with Yoda. The Master of all Jedi, and able to clearly defeat Vader and Dooku, and possibly Palpatine, but neither at the same time. Dooku is more skilled because he was trained by the best, Obi WAn was great, but he wasn't the best. Anakin as as good at his master when he turns to the Dark side, and that is why he was thrown into the pit. He grew, but he coudl took on Obi-Wan and beat him because of his enhancement with the DArk Side, and little bit of his lightsaber skills. It didn't improve that much, and Dooku can beat Obi-Wan, and Anakin of the old. HE can beat Vader, he can beat near everyone with a lightsaber except possibly Mace Windu, and surely Yoda, specially in his prime

Entaris

posted 08-16-2002 11:35 PM    
you keep making reference to how dooku beat anakin, but that doesnt matter, 1) anakin was a lightside user, 2)if the padawan ends up as good as his master, as you refered to dooku as having been trained by the best, then you must see that therin, qui-gon was trained by dooku, and obi-wan was trained by him, therin anakin was trained by the best... and then add in training from palpatine.

3) dooku is good with a lightsaber, but he is not match for vader, because vader has proved that he has good lightsaber skills...

anakin fought as a lightside user and stood a chance, yes, the lightning, but thats because he's an idiot, and wasnt prepared, but he got up after that and faught on, that shows skill,now magnify is skill by changing him to the darkside, and he is god... his armor is likewise protective, so he gains an advantage.

Loban

posted 08-16-2002 11:43 PM    
Dooku, that is all...

Darksider

posted 08-28-2002 03:45 PM    
vader takes over dookus job as palpatines apprentice and then kills paplatine, therefore it is only logical to think vader would best dooku in a fight

Kanos

posted 09-03-2002 04:26 AM    
actually vader was a master of several melee combat styles. The only reason why yoda lost is because dooku cheated. Vader could care less if an innocent victem gets killed. You cannot compare a lightside jedi to a darkside jedi.

Loban

posted 10-12-2002 10:10 PM    
Ok, new information has been brought to my attention... Vader would win... and here is why:

Vader focused on strength and attack moves... his form of fighting exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack...

Dooku, on the other hand, was one of the greatest dueling masters of his time... but, with the refinement of Vader's fighting style, he wouldn't have stood a chance...

Entaris

posted 10-13-2002 12:11 AM    
Id just like to state, for the record, that dooku wouldnt stand a chance because, with my own sudden realization...

Ok, Obi-wan manages to blood the lightning from dooku with his saber, so we now know thats a possibility, have you ever seen a telekeneses get blocked by a lightsaber? vader could drop dooku off a cliff and there would be nothing the old fart could do about it

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 08-22-2004 07:46 AM    
i would also like to mention a few things about the jedi beating the sith warriors. First, has anyone noticed that obi-wan was mad at darth maul, and luke was mad at vader when he attacked him? i personally think the only way for most jedi to beat any sith is to fall partially to the dark side. also, vader would open a can of woop a$$ on dooku. Dooku may have the unique style of fighting, but lets face it, vader is Anakin, and Anakin is the CHOSEN ONE. Vader led the hunt for the jedi, but he did have an army behind him. Vader was much more experienced that dooku though, plus dooku wasn't a warrior, he was a political idealist. he only fought when needed. Oh, and i'd like to see dooku block a chocking move by vader .

Basically, Vader would woop Dooku's a$$.

Nefrai Kesh

posted 08-24-2004 02:16 PM    
Heh heh, well put I guess.

Shahrazad

posted 03-19-2005 08:42 PM    
Dude, Vader would win any day. Dooku cheats, and unlike other jedi, he has never really fought more than 1 jedi. Maul wasn't even a sith yet and he fought 2 full jedi at the same time come on and palease!

DarkLordBelur

posted 06-17-2005 04:28 PM    
Vader as Anikin was turning into Vader as he killed count dooku

commandercody

posted 06-18-2005 10:05 PM    
Alright folks, this is why Darth Vader would run a circle around Count Dooko, Dooko is an old flatulation and couldn't stand a chance against Vader's raw, unyeilding blows. (+ Vader did it once.)

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 06-19-2005 12:23 AM    
Well, there is no more debating on this, huh? It's plain and simple. Anakin kicks Dooku's ass, and Darth Vader is more powerful than Anakin was.

Aelly Ssyn

posted 09-17-2005 12:18 AM    
Yeah I agree. Ever since he let out his anger he became uber powerful.

Sa'kal'ishaalas

posted 09-17-2005 01:07 AM    
You know, I can't think of a better end for Dooku. The book's commentary is great, and I love the part when Dooku realizes that Palpatine was using him, right before he loses his head.

Aelly Ssyn

posted 09-18-2005 02:12 PM    
sounds good to me.