my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » You know you read too much Fantasy when...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: You know you read too much Fantasy when...
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 11-29-2006 04:46 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So yesterday I found out that the next book of one of my favorite series has finally come out in paperback, at the same time I was just finishing Eragon (I highly reccomend this book to anyone by the way it was great and the teacher in me was extremely impressed that it was written by a teenager - I would have guessed a doctoral student) and deciding to get the next one. This then lead me to the realization that I have nearly 50 books piled to be read in my room in the middle of other series, and more to come and I swore to myself thinking of how I was ever going to read all these books that I want to read. Well that would be one thing that any crazed bibliophile might do but no I swore to myself in a different language - one I know came from one of these fantasy series but I can't place which one... So to make a long story short you know you read too much fantasy when you start using languages from said books and can't remember which book they come from...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 74.33.231.191
Siratne

Member # 822

posted 01-13-2007 05:06 PM     Profile for Siratne   Author's Homepage   Email Siratne     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel your pain, i've picked up quite a few random things from different fantasy pieces of lost my mind in. The fact of the matter is, a good book will rub off on you. If its written well, then reading it should feel more like your going on a journy with the characters rather then reading about said journy... and peer pressure is a powerful influence, if everyouone your "traveling" with is doing something, likely you will pick it up too :P

--------------------

There is a careful balance to the world. Between light and dark...I walk the tightrope.

Posts: 16 | From: | Registered: Dec 2006  |  Logged: 24.182.10.147
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 01-20-2007 07:24 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So true! I life and literature. I can't remember where I've picked up a lot of the things I say all the time. Maybe from books or from friends or the places I've been - its kinda spooky actually how much everything around us affects our perceptions of the world, and how we respond and interact with it.

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 74.33.244.84

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05