my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Music Videos?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Music Videos?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 02:51 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you think Music Video's take from music or help music?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-13-2003 03:50 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really depends on the type of music we are refering too.

For as much as I despise country music, I find that the Videos do help enhance the song. But on the other extreme... Heavy metal, my second least favorite, has the exact opposite effect. I find the Videos for that genre of music quite revolting! So they in actual fact make the songs even less appealing to me. If that is possible.

But I think that the music we refer to as "POP" Kind of flip flops when it comes to Videos. Some make sense, others continue to baffle me!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-13-2003 09:39 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well in today's culture, if you refer to MTV for music videos, it is just pitiful. Not that the fact that they don't really make sense, but just in what they are promoting. The videos seem to start to control music in general. They try to make music so they can make it into videos so in turn they get more money.

It is just pitiful if you ask me.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 06-16-2003 08:30 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Foo Fighters have the best music videos....

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 24.207.246.215
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 12:16 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not better than Super Man.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-17-2003 05:06 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What is your favortie video of all time?

I have to go with "I would do anything for Love" By Meatloaf

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-17-2003 11:59 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know if I even have a favorite video. The closest I can even say would have to be..

"Juice"-B.I.G

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Orlok

Member # 499

posted 09-08-2003 12:24 AM     Profile for Orlok   Author's Homepage   Email Orlok     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't tend to like the videos, besides I don't really like MTV etc, but my one favourite video would be:

The Rza - Tragedy

The video added to the song as the battle lyrics took on the form of sped up kung fu ala Iron Monkey.

--------------------

"Time waits for no man."

Posts: 34 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  Logged: 82.35.24.169

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05