The Holonet Boards   » Beyond Star Wars   » Music Videos?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-13-2003 02:51 AM    
Do you think Music Video's take from music or help music?

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-13-2003 03:50 PM    
It really depends on the type of music we are refering too.

For as much as I despise country music, I find that the Videos do help enhance the song. But on the other extreme... Heavy metal, my second least favorite, has the exact opposite effect. I find the Videos for that genre of music quite revolting! So they in actual fact make the songs even less appealing to me. If that is possible.

But I think that the music we refer to as "POP" Kind of flip flops when it comes to Videos. Some make sense, others continue to baffle me!

LumbiaSith

posted 06-13-2003 09:39 PM    
Well in today's culture, if you refer to MTV for music videos, it is just pitiful. Not that the fact that they don't really make sense, but just in what they are promoting. The videos seem to start to control music in general. They try to make music so they can make it into videos so in turn they get more money.

It is just pitiful if you ask me.

BobPalpatine

posted 06-16-2003 08:30 PM    
Foo Fighters have the best music videos....

LumbiaSith

posted 06-17-2003 12:16 AM    
Not better than Super Man.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-17-2003 05:06 AM    
What is your favortie video of all time?

I have to go with "I would do anything for Love" By Meatloaf

LumbiaSith

posted 06-17-2003 11:59 AM    
I don't know if I even have a favorite video. The closest I can even say would have to be..

"Juice"-B.I.G

Orlok

posted 09-08-2003 12:24 AM    
I don't tend to like the videos, besides I don't really like MTV etc, but my one favourite video would be:

The Rza - Tragedy

The video added to the song as the battle lyrics took on the form of sped up kung fu ala Iron Monkey.