my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » TV v.s Book?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: TV v.s Book?
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-12-2003 12:01 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you like better, a TV show or a book and why?

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2003 12:27 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It really depends on whaty kind of mood I'm in. I love TV, when there is something actually worth watching on. But There is just someting about reading a book, like Lord of the Rings, or any Star Wars novel.

I find more and more I am reading to my son. Little kid books. Now they obviously don't hold my interest for very long. But Alexander sure loves it when Daddy reads to him!

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-12-2003 01:13 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel their equal. It matters really on how it is produced. If it is horribly or nothing of interest, then of course it's not going to catch my eye or ear. Yet, if it's something like Star Wars, on both sides it is very nice to see it.

So it just matters on the quality of the TV show or the Book.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 06-12-2003 01:44 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love to watch movies then read the books. You know to see what didn't make the final cut. Did you know that ESB was supposed to start out with a space battle where the Rebels get pelted by the Empire, and lose most of thier supplies?!? If you read the book you would.

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 06-12-2003 05:27 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucas likes starting his movies in space, but making it less aggressive. It absorbs from the final sequence of the movie. He kinda established that thorought hos works on Star Wars. Everyone is suppose to start in space and end in a big battle.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05