The Holonet Boards   » Beyond Star Wars   » TV v.s Book?

LumbiaSith

posted 06-12-2003 12:01 AM    
What do you like better, a TV show or a book and why?

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-12-2003 12:27 PM    
It really depends on whaty kind of mood I'm in. I love TV, when there is something actually worth watching on. But There is just someting about reading a book, like Lord of the Rings, or any Star Wars novel.

I find more and more I am reading to my son. Little kid books. Now they obviously don't hold my interest for very long. But Alexander sure loves it when Daddy reads to him!

LumbiaSith

posted 06-12-2003 01:13 PM    
I feel their equal. It matters really on how it is produced. If it is horribly or nothing of interest, then of course it's not going to catch my eye or ear. Yet, if it's something like Star Wars, on both sides it is very nice to see it.

So it just matters on the quality of the TV show or the Book.

Dash Kelderon

posted 06-12-2003 01:44 PM    
I love to watch movies then read the books. You know to see what didn't make the final cut. Did you know that ESB was supposed to start out with a space battle where the Rebels get pelted by the Empire, and lose most of thier supplies?!? If you read the book you would.

LumbiaSith

posted 06-12-2003 05:27 PM    
Lucas likes starting his movies in space, but making it less aggressive. It absorbs from the final sequence of the movie. He kinda established that thorought hos works on Star Wars. Everyone is suppose to start in space and end in a big battle.