my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » That Long, Lonesome Highway (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: That Long, Lonesome Highway
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-24-2003 11:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, just for fun:

What's your favorite "movin' on down the road" travelling song or music?

I like, "Born To Be Wild," for beginners...

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-25-2003 12:02 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"White Wedding"

[ 02-25-2003 12:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Loban ]

--------------------

In the absence of light, darkness prevails

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.162.18
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-25-2003 12:54 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Fuel", by Metallica - 'nuff said.

Now normally, I'm not a huge 80's fan, but I really like driving to this song:

"Paradise City", by Guns N' Roses

If you make fun of me, I'll kick you in the shins!

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-25-2003 01:19 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shin-kicker, ey?

--------------------

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-25-2003 02:12 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ever been kicked in the shins? It hurts!

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-25-2003 02:17 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*played soccer....

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 02:19 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummm... actually, now that you bring it up, I have been kicked in the shin...

and by a HORSE, yet--! with shoes on!

(...and they weren't Nikes, folks!)

Talk about hurt!

Ok, another good travelling song, ummm... "Prince Xizor's Theme" from the Shadows of the Empire soundtrack.

And another one, at least to me (please don't laugh, at least not too hard): "Hakuna Matata" from Lion King.

For some reason something just meshes with that: "long highway, stretching ahead... no worries...."

Ahhh...!

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-25-2003 02:27 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hakuna Matata? it's a problem free, philosophy...

take it gray...

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 02:39 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Hakuna matata... hakuna matata... ha-KOOON-na ma-ta-ta..."

(Goes off hummin' n' boogeyin'...)

[ 02-25-2003 02:41 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-25-2003 05:42 AM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where are you PUMBA, I can't hear you buddy!!! LOL If I had to pick a CRUZIN' theme song, Too many to name them all...but here's a short list. 1)Take On ME - by Ah-Ha, 2)We're Not Gonna Take It - by Twisted Sister, 3)Everything Louder Than Everything Else - by Meatloaf, 4)ANYTHING sung by GREAT BIG SEA!!! (East Coast Music Rules!!!!), 5)The ENTIRE self titled album by BOSTON (one of the few albums I can play cover to cover!!!), I guess that's enough for now.

--------------------

o{///////0//)={#################################
Which STAR WARS character does GOKU remind you of in my avatar picture???
Anybody picture LUKE in the BACTA tank???

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-25-2003 10:58 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are the Champions, and Who Wants to Live Forever? by Queen

Duel of the Fates and the Imperial March (nuff said)

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.191
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-25-2003 12:02 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see a little silhouette of a man,
Scaramouch, scaramouch will you do the fandango,
Thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening me,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo, Gallileo,
Gallileo Figaro - magnifico

I love that song

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-25-2003 12:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oooh yes...!

But then, who can forget Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd? I refer to the entire cd, not just the title song.

Money! It's a hit!
Don't give me that good-goody-good
Bull-!

--------------------

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 02-25-2003 02:22 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Across the Stars"

--------------------

arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-25-2003 06:35 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FLOYD kicks @$$... You can just cruise all day to FLOYD... "So ya, thoght ya, might like to.... go to the show!"

--------------------

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 02-25-2003 08:28 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here

Best Pink Floyd Song evAr!

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-25-2003 10:08 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heaven-Nas

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
arogers1102

Super Saiyan Jedi

Member # 422

posted 02-25-2003 11:34 PM     Profile for arogers1102   Author's Homepage   Email arogers1102     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best Floyd ever, is SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND!!! End of story!

--------------------

Posts: 105 | From: New Brunswick (eastern CANADA) | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 02-26-2003 11:30 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also love listening to my Phantom of the Opera soundtrack in the car. And on stressful days I'll pop in some Debussy...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.104.9
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-27-2003 12:40 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NO NO NO.

The all-time best Pink Floyd song is "Dark Side of the Moon!"

And all that is now...
And all that is done,
And everything under the Sun is in tune
But the Sun is eclipsed by the Moon..."

Oooooh... I just get shivers every time I hear that one!

[ 02-27-2003 12:41 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-03-2003 08:04 PM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I go for "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Queen and "Another Birck in the Wall" ( I know ironic coming froma teacher...)

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 204.168.82.9
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 03-16-2003 02:41 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Highway to Hell by AC/DC

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 04-25-2005 05:16 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When i was younger (like eight) I had the movie: "Wild America" so I sort of was obsessed with the song "born to be wild" since they played it alot.

After then, I got into phantom and les miserables music for my travels, and now I settled on "Yanni", Sting, and Queen.

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 207.224.89.142
Blade of Chaos

Member # 488

posted 04-26-2005 12:32 AM     Profile for Blade of Chaos   Author's Homepage   Email Blade of Chaos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now you're all making it hard for me, since practically all of these artists and song you've named I love {Bohemian Rhapsody and Hakuna Mattata are both incredibly awesome.)

But for me, while travelling, its all about the Beatles. My parents being the huge fans they are, the Beatles have been my traveling companions ever since I was too wee to spell their name. There's nothing qutie like cruisin along down the road and belting out the "Na-na-na-na's" in "Hey Jude" so loud that passing motorists stare at you and speed up so as to escape the crazy people in the green van.

Ahh. Good times.

--------------------

I am Ragorian, the mighty Blade of Chaos. Where I am weilded, darkness and dissent shall reign.

Posts: 152 | From: Under your bed... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  Logged: 24.8.206.27
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-28-2005 08:59 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Born to be Wild is a good one, the beatles are great, but man you can't beat CCR. That cd is the best. (CCR is Creedence Clearwater Revival) Though Simon and Garfunkel and other oldies are good. Pretty much any rock is okay with me though.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 207.189.214.70

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05