my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » Top 5 movie list (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Top 5 movie list
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-11-2002 12:24 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's your personal top five movie list, excluding any Star Wars movies? I'll start it off...

1. Braveheart
2. Top Gun
3. Lethal Weapon
4. Rocky IV
5. Dead Poets Society

Yes...I know what you're thinking. I do like my movies with extra testosterone, but I just think these movies are pretty good overall.

[ 08-11-2002 12:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taehun ]

--------------------

All in all it was just another brick in the wall,
all in all you were just another brick in the wall.

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.17.51
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-11-2002 01:12 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, ill tell, but please dont laugh...

1)007(any of the ones with sean conry)
2)the rock
3)DBZ:Tree of might
4)Lilo & Stitch
5)Vegie tales(any of them, cool music, dont ask)

ill admit, i am very childish at times, so dont laugh

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.216
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 02:45 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... here goes:

1. 2001 A Space Odyssey
2. A Beautiful Mind/LOTR-FOTR (tie)
3. All Star Wars movies (AOTC and ESB best)
4. Lion King
5. Pitch Black/Galaxy Quest (tie)

[ 08-11-2002 02:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.191
Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-11-2002 03:58 PM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entaris:

5)Vegie tales(any of them, cool music, dont ask)

My personal favorite's the cebu song...

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.188
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 08-11-2002 08:59 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. Fight Club
2. Requium For A Dream
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. Memento
5. Se7en

Man, that was a hard list to make. I like so many movies and so much criteria to base my favorite 5 movies. So I did it by which ones I enjoy watching the most, because of the directing and story, and of course acting in there.

I of course have whole different lists for dramas, comedys, and action films. I love so many movies its so hard to put just 5 up. I was almost tempted to put Road to Perdition up there because of how beautifully it is filmed, but its so new and I have only seen it once. I will have to veiw it a couple more times before I know if I can put it on that list.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.55.141
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-11-2002 09:26 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cebu song was good, i really liked the compow chicken song, and "cheese burger"

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.192
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-13-2002 10:27 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...

1. Mr. Holland's Opus (I'm a musician, gotta say that one first)
2. All SW (kinda hard to pick and chose there)
3. Labrinyth (David Bowie, anyone?)
4. The Secret of NIMH
5. The Scarlet Pimpernel

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 975 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 65.80.105.3
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-13-2002 07:17 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1)Training Day + The Godfather
2)Scareface + Tombstone
3)The Godfather 2 + SWMovies
4)Remember the Titans + Nutty Professor 1-2
5)Gladitor(Funny Movie) & Belly

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 08-13-2002 09:24 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is your top nine, or some may say 10, Lumbia...how was Galdiator funny?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 12.220.189.75
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-13-2002 09:28 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. LOTR:FOTR (a little sad)
2. Saving Private Ryan (sniff)
3. Enemy At The Gates (another sniff)
4. Braveheart (crying uncontrollably)
5. Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade (what the hell?!)

Hehe...

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Posts: 204 | From: Maryland | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-13-2002 10:56 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anakin, I jus tthink Im a sadastic person, cause I laugh everytime they get cut up and stuff. I dont know why, I did that even on Braveheart.....its a curse I tell ya...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 12:25 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I kinda laughed in that one scene in Braveheart where the Irishman ran the short sword through that English soldier's face. The way he screamed was a little funny...

Hehe..it's all in good fun.

*Runs*

--------------------

Take President 'Dubya' Bush and cut him in two. On the left side, there will be nothing right and on the right side, there will be nothing left.

Taehun

Dark Jedi

Member # 290

posted 08-14-2002 12:37 AM     Profile for Taehun   Author's Homepage   Email Taehun     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheKnot:
I kinda laughed in that one scene in Braveheart where the Irishman ran the short sword through that English soldier's face. The way he screamed was a little funny...

I believe the exact sound was, "blech!"

Anyway, even though this part is sad, I gotta say the torture scene in Braveheart is the best scene in any movie ever. When the blood's draining from his face after getting his entrails pulled out, he summons the strengh just to say 'freedom'. All I gotta say is damn...that's hardcore.

[ 08-14-2002 12:37 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Taehun ]

--------------------

Posts: 248 | From: USAFA, CO | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.16.171
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 12:45 AM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still feel tears in the back of my eyes everytime I see that scene.

"Freedom!" Followed by a close-up shot on ol' Longshanks as he died. Beautiful...*sniff*

*Runs again*

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 03:17 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everything but the last scene of Braveheart was funny to me. Specially when they got arrows in their butt, oooh, now that is funny

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 08-14-2002 04:01 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
man lumbia, you got some issues, im sorry to say... jeez... what ever happened to like chris farly? Martain lorance? mike Mirers (can you tell i cant spell a one of these last names?) what about the commical anticts of scobby and shaggy? When brave heart becomes funny, how do you view all those things?

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.212
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 04:36 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Martain Lawerence, and all the others.....but I just laugh at those antics because its so funny to see those people die, maybe I was meant for war or something.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Ghost Dog

Mandalorian Scout

Member # 298

posted 08-14-2002 06:23 PM     Profile for Ghost Dog   Author's Homepage   Email Ghost Dog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My fav. 5 are...
1) The Godfather2) Heat3) Pitch Black4) Dead Presidents5) 12 Monkeys & Se7en

--------------------

For the Guild, For the Credits, For the Respect, For the pleasure!

Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2002  |  Logged: 68.43.36.74
TheKnot

Member # 213

posted 08-14-2002 06:54 PM     Profile for TheKnot   Author's Homepage   Email TheKnot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Se7en was pretty cool (loved the ending), but 12 Monkeys was...weird...

*Is now lost*

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 07:04 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I almost forgot Dead Presidents..but I dont think it would be in my top 5 or 10....

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-14-2002 07:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And I forgot about "Erin Brockovich," which was simply awesome. I just love Julia Roberts; she and Meryl Streep and Katharine Hepburn are the best actresses ever to come down the pike.

But I won't count this movie, since I'm being limited to "five..." even though I really listed more than five...

Oh well, stick "Erin Brockovich" up there as a tie with Number Four.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.34
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-14-2002 07:26 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to stick Monster Ball right at 6 place, but untied by anthing, cause Im not update to my favorite movies at the time

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-14-2002 08:36 PM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK HERE WE GO...

1. Austin Powers in Goldmember
2. Austin Powers International Man of Mystery
3. Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me
4. So I Married An Axe Murderer
5. X Men

A trend is there? All but # 5...

Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.181
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 08-20-2002 12:09 AM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I Married an Axe Murder was funny.

I won't say what I think of Austin Powers, cause it ain't much. Don't you like anything aside from comedy, Loban? Especially that sort of comedy?

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 975 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.157.61
Loban

Padawan

Member # 253

posted 08-20-2002 12:24 AM     Profile for Loban   Author's Homepage   Email Loban     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like sci-fi and action...
Posts: 1163 | From: Ardmore, OK | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.99

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05