my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Beyond Star Wars   » WHATTA MOVIE 2.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: WHATTA MOVIE 2.0
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 02-27-2002 07:09 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got Romeo and Juliet for the first time (1996) and it was a great movie, i'd like to point out a few things

1 I played the character Benvolio in my high school drama class
2 the actor who played ben, is named Dash
3. I also loved the fact that the names of the houses are on all the clips of all the pistols (not counting the cops)

--------------------

If I cared I'd be smiling right now :{

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.163.243.65
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 02-27-2002 07:35 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somebody's got a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.128.206.98
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-01-2002 12:03 AM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah graysith was telling me about how she wants to make out with him

(I'm just kidding GS keep on roleplayin')

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.163.162.245
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 03-02-2002 02:12 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, except I meant you Dash, dork.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.173.142.42
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-02-2002 08:13 AM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya think?

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.143.7.47
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 03-02-2002 11:40 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, I think. Do you?

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.144.20.171
Steindogg

Member # 87

posted 03-02-2002 01:25 PM     Profile for Steindogg   Author's Homepage   Email Steindogg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ani's right....you do see a little obsessed with the movie and Leonardo DiCaprio...I'm reading Romeo and Juliet in my english class.....I hate it....I think its dumb
Posts: 46 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 65.56.174.101
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-02-2002 08:18 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
why do I come back here? if i'm harrassed about every thing I say?

you tell me to post and I do and then you burn me down

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.165.119.119
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 03-02-2002 09:04 PM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dash, it's called a joke. If Blake said he really liked that movie, I woulda said the same thing to him. Get over dude.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.139.161.191
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-03-2002 12:35 AM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well then get his corny ass in here so we can discuss it

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.156.161.139
Anakin

Retired

Member # 8

posted 03-03-2002 03:03 AM     Profile for Anakin   Author's Homepage   Email Anakin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, you got as problem with him, you either email me or him. We're not gonna have whining arguments out for everyone and their grandma to see.

--------------------

Support Progress

Posts: 1663 | From: Louisville, Ky/Chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2000  |  Logged: 172.173.92.238
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-03-2002 02:20 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whats his email address?

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.139.170.158
BobPalpatine

Foo Fighter

Member # 17

posted 03-06-2002 09:06 PM     Profile for BobPalpatine   Author's Homepage   Email BobPalpatine     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually I do like this movie, even if it is a little "weird" at times. Its part of Baz Luhrman's Red Curtain Trilogy.

The movies that are included in here are:

Strictly Ballroom
Romeo & Juliet
Moulin Rogue

All of them are amazing film making. They each have something in them to drive the film.

Strictly Ballroom the main meduim used to drive the story is dancing. In Romeo & Juliet it is language. And of course Moulin Rouge is Music.

I'd check out all these films if I were you, Dash. Plus the other two don't have Leo DiCaprio in them

Heh...fun fact about Shakespeare's language...(learned this from my psych teacher) During the Colonial years British people changed their accents to be "above" the colonists. Thats why we have the accent we do even though the country was started by Brits. So that means back in Shakespeare's time they still spoke in a similar accent to how we do today.

Does anyone know where Shakespeare's time's accent is best preserved?

Well its Branson, MO. Yup...ole hillbilly accents of Branson. Apparently because people were isolated for so long out in the Ozarks and stuff that their accents are best preserved of old English.

So the next time you read "Romeo oh, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?" think of it in Bubba talk and thats most likely how it sounded.

--------------------

"Can't you hear my motored heart? Your the one that started it!"

-Foo Fighters "Generator"

Cogito ergo sum

BobPalpatine
Holonet Admin

Posts: 681 | From: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  Logged: 204.184.54.4
Padme of Hidden Lake

Really Nice Member

Member # 107

posted 03-07-2002 08:26 AM     Profile for Padme of Hidden Lake   Author's Homepage   Email Padme of Hidden Lake     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very interesting Bob - though in Boston they pride themselves on preserving the old accent so much they sometimes make fools out of themselves trying to immitate modern British and it doesn't work at all.... Not like I have anything against Boston but I am always amused by how much they try (or some of them try) to be British.... it just doesn't make sense...

--------------------

A friend once told me "The Turtle Moves" I think we should all remember that right now...
Don't dance to live, live to dance!

Posts: 319 | From: Wandering the planet | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 193.52.64.54
Dash

Wise Ass

Member # 83

posted 03-07-2002 03:42 PM     Profile for Dash   Author's Homepage   Email Dash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved the emotions of the gun fights i mean Tybalt and Benvolio screaming and holding there guns to each others heads

and the anger in the air when Romeo killed Tybalt

--------------------

Posts: 288 | From: Hell | Registered: Nov 2000  |  Logged: 172.152.80.65

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05