The Holonet Boards   » Beyond Star Wars   » WHATTA MOVIE 2.0

Dash

posted 02-27-2002 07:09 PM    
I just got Romeo and Juliet for the first time (1996) and it was a great movie, i'd like to point out a few things

1 I played the character Benvolio in my high school drama class
2 the actor who played ben, is named Dash
3. I also loved the fact that the names of the houses are on all the clips of all the pistols (not counting the cops)

Anakin

posted 02-27-2002 07:35 PM    
Somebody's got a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio

Dash

posted 03-01-2002 12:03 AM    
yeah graysith was telling me about how she wants to make out with him

(I'm just kidding GS keep on roleplayin')

Anakin

posted 03-02-2002 02:12 AM    
Yea, except I meant you Dash, dork.

Dash

posted 03-02-2002 08:13 AM    
ya think?

Anakin

posted 03-02-2002 11:40 AM    
Yea, I think. Do you?

Steindogg

posted 03-02-2002 01:25 PM    
Ani's right....you do see a little obsessed with the movie and Leonardo DiCaprio...I'm reading Romeo and Juliet in my english class.....I hate it....I think its dumb

Dash

posted 03-02-2002 08:18 PM    
why do I come back here? if i'm harrassed about every thing I say?

you tell me to post and I do and then you burn me down

Anakin

posted 03-02-2002 09:04 PM    
Dash, it's called a joke. If Blake said he really liked that movie, I woulda said the same thing to him. Get over dude.

Dash

posted 03-03-2002 12:35 AM    
well then get his corny ass in here so we can discuss it

Anakin

posted 03-03-2002 03:03 AM    
No, you got as problem with him, you either email me or him. We're not gonna have whining arguments out for everyone and their grandma to see.

Dash

posted 03-03-2002 02:20 PM    
whats his email address?

BobPalpatine

posted 03-06-2002 09:06 PM    
Actually I do like this movie, even if it is a little "weird" at times. Its part of Baz Luhrman's Red Curtain Trilogy.

The movies that are included in here are:

Strictly Ballroom
Romeo & Juliet
Moulin Rogue

All of them are amazing film making. They each have something in them to drive the film.

Strictly Ballroom the main meduim used to drive the story is dancing. In Romeo & Juliet it is language. And of course Moulin Rouge is Music.

I'd check out all these films if I were you, Dash. Plus the other two don't have Leo DiCaprio in them

Heh...fun fact about Shakespeare's language...(learned this from my psych teacher) During the Colonial years British people changed their accents to be "above" the colonists. Thats why we have the accent we do even though the country was started by Brits. So that means back in Shakespeare's time they still spoke in a similar accent to how we do today.

Does anyone know where Shakespeare's time's accent is best preserved?

Well its Branson, MO. Yup...ole hillbilly accents of Branson. Apparently because people were isolated for so long out in the Ozarks and stuff that their accents are best preserved of old English.

So the next time you read "Romeo oh, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?" think of it in Bubba talk and thats most likely how it sounded.

Padme of Hidden Lake

posted 03-07-2002 08:26 AM    
Very interesting Bob - though in Boston they pride themselves on preserving the old accent so much they sometimes make fools out of themselves trying to immitate modern British and it doesn't work at all.... Not like I have anything against Boston but I am always amused by how much they try (or some of them try) to be British.... it just doesn't make sense...

Dash

posted 03-07-2002 03:42 PM    
I loved the emotions of the gun fights i mean Tybalt and Benvolio screaming and holding there guns to each others heads

and the anger in the air when Romeo killed Tybalt