my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » When the night is bright, you will rise to find yourself (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: When the night is bright, you will rise to find yourself
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 03-06-2003 01:39 AM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From "Shadows of the Night", Thank you...))

Kronos took up his bow, aiming an arrow toward the bond between Adra and the young Elf...

They left the embrace without his assistance...

Yet, he kept his line straight on target... in case Adra attempted to advance on Talasti...

The two elves, the man, and the wizard held their ground on the far regions of the bedchamber...

No one spoke up against the words Adra said, for they mattered not...

The preverbal ball was primarily in Eirianna's court, now...

[ 03-06-2003 01:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Well, at least I'm going to live forever! Got that? LIVE FOREVER!~Orlando Bloom

Posts: 46 | From: see Loban | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 208.61.78.124
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 03-06-2003 01:44 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Who?!"

Eirianna's clear voice rang out against the muffling darkness which oiled about the bedchamber, pushing it back as she herself now stepped forward, flinging the cloak of invisibility from her as she did. One swift motion sent it flying to Arandil for safe-keeping; it landed unerringly in his arms though she did not so much as turn to look.

Instead she merely took another step forward, her own bow now raised defensively. For a moment she let silence reign, then knowing she was covered by the alert and quiveringly ready Kronos she allowed the string to slacken, the arrow to dip. At length she gathered them into her hands and stood there.

But scarcely vulnerable.

"One who would do what must be done, to prevent events more dire from descending upon Middle Earth!" she finally cried out, her voice impassioned and shaking with barely controlled anger. One slender hand shot forward, a finger pointing at the young elven.

"Talasti, we have come far, endured much, aye and have created our own havoc, all for your sake! Do not believe this one; she cares only for the One Ring! Think, my dear Talasti, you know this is true! She cares not for you, but for power, and the Ring is that and more; once she would have it, you would be tossed aside as easily as you were taken and used by her to begin with!"

She paused, trembling, anger flashing in her eyes, sending stormclouds gathering there and discharging great bolts of lightning in their depths. Her voice took on the timbre of thunder.

"Think! She would have thrown you to the wolves! She would have the Realm of Man at the throats of the Kingdom of the Elven, for the death of a king the blame for which she has laid at your feet! The words I speak are true; you know I do not -- can not lie!

"Talasti!" Now she grew even more impassioned, taking a step forward, holding her two arms out to him that he might take the step. And in her hand was the little mushroom cap, silently beckoning that the young elven come look within its mysteries, that the words spoken by the Daughter of the Moon would be verified.

[ 03-06-2003 01:50 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 03-06-2003 02:06 AM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The One Ring??

Kronos was not shocked, yet it did alert him of his reason for being in this land...

The One Ring...

He now spoke up to Adra, forgetting his place in doing so...

"What say you of my party's occupation??" He asked, finding himself coming to a stop only a few feet behind Eirianna...

"Kronos..." Landi spoke in a bleak manor...

Turning to look upon Landi's body language, Kronos fully understood what he meant...

His party had fallen...

The bow wavering slightly, as anger swept over him...

"What say you?!" Kronos said again, as his eyes filled with pain... and moisture...

[ 03-06-2003 02:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Arandil

Member # 403

posted 03-06-2003 01:58 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil finally saw the sorceress...and it surprised him. He had imagined Adra looking more or less than human...now it seems like she's neither.

At least on the outside.

The ranger noted the chained elf, and figured that to be Talasti. He pulled the arrow upon the bowstring and aimed it at the sorceress, just in case.

The chamber smelled foul, more so than he expected it to be. But, strangely, it seemed to be growing stronger...

Out of the shadows, a figure leapt forward and tackled Kronos. Arandil quickly aimed the bow at the creature, and saw it was an orc.

It carried a spear in one hand and a sword in the other. The orc pinned the elf to the ground, and placed the blade of its sword against his neck. But its target was not the elf; the creature balanced its spear towards Eirianna in order to throw it like a javelin at her.

"You killed my men..." Ulfhak the Scourge snarled.

Arandil let the arrow fly and it drove into the orc's back. But he only flinched as it stopped short of his armour. He then pulled his arm back, getting ready to throw...

The ranger switched his bow to his left hand, unsheathed his sword with his right, and lunged forward...

--------------------

An heir to the Kings of Men, it is a hard life to live by...

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 03-06-2003 02:06 PM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Minutes before...

Ulfhak clutched the tattered remains of the Mordor flag in his hands. He had seen some of his finest troops...destroyed without ever tasting battle.

All of them had died, gripping each by the throat, screaming in pure madness. The Men too, but he could care less about them.

Ulfhak dropped the banner, and picked up his spear. Even now, he could hear the words of the sorceress calling to him, asking for his help. The orc will go to her chamber, but not in the intentions of protecting her...just to have his chance at killing those damned Elves for what they had done to him.

The orc let out a roar of malice and hatred, gripped his spear to the point in which his fingernails dug into his skin, and charged up the stairs to Adra's chamber...

I'll ambush their party...and cut their sorceress to pieces...

[ 03-06-2003 02:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Ulfhak the Scourge ]

--------------------

The shadow is falling upon Middle Earth...the Dark Lord will return...and I will be his champion!

Posts: 15 | From: The Iron Hills | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 03-06-2003 02:50 PM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A sharp bolt of lightning-like electricity shot through the air...

Connecting with Ulfhak... he was thrown from Kronos, clear across the room, and onto the bed...

Landi would allow no more death to fall upon the kingdom of Ithilien...

Kronos shot Landi a short smile of relief, appreciation, and a spec of coy smugness...

I could have taken the Orc any time I pleased...

He gracefully lunged to his feet, as quickly as Ulfhak had put him down...

His bow still lay at his feet, he took upon the magics of his elven short swords...

His plea was still muted, but only slightly, as his demeanor showed that of defense...

Ready for anything, from the shadows... or from the woman before him...

[ 03-06-2003 02:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 03-06-2003 03:04 PM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ulfhak shook his head and, through a searing pain through out his body, got up from the bed. He had dropped his spear when the lightning bolt struck him.

Nonetheless, he had gotten what he wanted from the elf.

Ulfhak turned sharply to Adra.

"You're on your own, sorceress! The Army of the Iron Hills will have no part in your weak planning!"

And if you're as wise as the master says you are... Ulfhak thought, knowing the sorceress could hear him. In fact, he wanted her too. You'll flee as well. Let them rescue the elf; I have a plan of my own that will crush everything they hoped to gain.

A corner of his mouth, black blood spilling from it, turned upwawrd in the form of a half smile. It quickly faded...then Ulfhak hopped from the bed, ran forward, and jumped through the window next to Slavonic.

The fall would have killed him, but the orc managed to drive his sword into a crack on one of the walls of Taunderon. He hanged from the wall for a short time before grappling the edge and leaping himself over it.

Ulfhak landed outside of Taunderon, and swiftly dashed into the forest. His destination was not to his resting Army to the north; instead it was to Minas Tirith, the capital of Gondor.

The orc smiled as he held the arrow he took from the elf Kronos...

[ 03-06-2003 03:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Ulfhak the Scourge ]

--------------------

The shadow is falling upon Middle Earth...the Dark Lord will return...and I will be his champion!

Posts: 15 | From: The Iron Hills | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Hecate

Eyes of the Night, Guardian of the Day

Member # 406

posted 03-06-2003 03:28 PM     Profile for Hecate   Author's Homepage   Email Hecate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
From where he had been circling, ever circling in the night, he heard the silent summons of his Mistress. Normally accustomed to coming to her in response of her keening whistle, as she honored him by speaking in his tongue, the unbreakable bond held between them was too deep to be ignored. And thus it was that even though the Daughter of the Moon did not consciously cry out for his aid, he knew she direly needed it.

And he came.

His great wings bore him swiftly through the dwindling night, arrow straight toward the decimated Taunderon, until there before him grew the dark and creeping Keep of that city once filled with men. Now it was filled with body after body, the dead lay about like cordwood flashing beneath him, both man and orc...

Hecate cried against the carnage, knowing the pain in the heart of his Mistress that such a deed had to be done. Cried out again, hearing new pain rising in her breast as she confronted something....

With a mightly thrashing of wings the Guardian of the Night soared into the bedchamber of the evil sorceress, the feathers of one wing buffeting her and sending her staggering back a bit even as he came in, talons raking the air, crying and announcing his presence there.

Then the room darkened just a touch as he then flung his body back out of the room, blocking the light, and there hovered, his hawk's vision keenly splitting the night.

He arrowed down directly upon the fleeing orc... and with outreached talons yanked the arrow from his hands.

Then he soared to the heavens, circled there, crying in a piercing keen, waiting should he be needed again.

Anything for his beloved friend....

[ 03-06-2003 03:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Hecate ]

--------------------

"With morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair."

Posts: 6 | From: On the Wings o' the Wind | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 03-06-2003 03:56 PM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ulfhak's hopes were dashed as the bird snatched the arrow away from him.

Damnation...DAMNATION TO THAT WITCH! his anger was to the point in which he could not even speak words aloud.

However, not all has been lost. His plans of assassinating the Steward of Gondor can still happen...its just that he cannot use solid evidence to make it seem like the Elves did it. If he manages to kill him without leaving a trace, perhaps the gullible humans will make a connection...

The death of the King of Taunderon, swiftly followed by an assault of Elves...and now the sudden death of their Steward. It might work...it just might...

His anger beginning to die down, Ulfhak continued his trek to Minas Tirith...

--------------------

D'Artagnan

Noble swordsman to the Crown of Gondor

Member # 425

posted 03-06-2003 04:07 PM     Profile for D'Artagnan   Author's Homepage   Email D'Artagnan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
D'Artagnan awoke in a sea of dead bodies...

He leapt from the horde of death, as best he could...

He landed a little shaken up, using a wall to steady himself...

D'Artagnan felt the elven woman nearby,"Which way?" He said, not waiting another moment before lending his hand in battle...

"They went that way..." A hobbit said, confusing the hell out of D'Artagnan...

Hobbits?? three, hobbits???

Feileacan, not a mere healer, used her tracking senses to lead D'Artagnan up to the sorceress' bedchamber...

They were followed by three hobbits...

--------------------

God save the King...

Posts: 9 | From: see Loban | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 208.61.78.124
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 03-06-2003 09:53 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra paid little heed to the words spoken or actions taken by anyone but the elven woman. The only thing she did do was briefly acknowledge Ulfhak.

Indeed...I have plans of my own...

She stepped forward to young Talasti even as Eirianna presented him the mushroom cap, her icy blues boring into Eirianna's eyes. "These words are foolishness!" she spat, then turning to Talasti. "You may listen to her tales...

...or you may pay heed to what you see. In the elven world you are seen as nothing more than a mere peasant...

...here..." she paused, motioning to indicate the temple, "You have been given a place and a purpose. Admittedly, my original thoughts of you were ill-concieved...

...but I recognize the strength and knowledge burning within you."

She turned back to eye the small and rather tense group. "They recognized you not when they had the chance."

She quieted a moment then, her lips curling in a deadly smile as she uttered one last thing to the young Talasti. "What shall their fate be for neglecting you, my young friend?"

[ 03-06-2003 09:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.77
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 03-06-2003 10:44 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna's eyes grew wide at the blatant lies the sorceress was spouting... and then, quite inexplicably, they softened as something akin to pity toward her welled up from their depths. For a long moment she remained silent, simply looking at the young Talasti, presenting herself as no threat, no one of high station seeking to put him in his place, or anyone else for that matter other than the one Great Division, and that being the line between Good and Evil.

"Talasti," she said now, her voice all moonlight's silver. "Listen to what she speaks to you... think of what she refers to. You are no peasant to us; did I not treat you with equality when you came to us? Did I not show concern for you, even as you did for me, when we entered into Moon's Keep together to the thundering sound of Gorfynt's hooves?"

She paused a moment, remembering that ride back, fleeing from the ringwraiths, the young man holding to the end of the unicorn's tail. Recalled with nearly supernatural clarity the following moments: offering the young man haven within her Keep, offering him the comforts of her court, wanting to protect him, not understanding when he had cried out against his own personal demons and had inexplicably fled into Wydde's Woods, only to be taken by the evil creatures at the command of this dark sorceress and imprisoned here in her castle.

"Talasti," she pressed on, utterly ignoring Adra, her eyes only for the young elf. "Would I be here now if I did not care enough for you? Please, child... do not mistake a kiss of possession for one mimicking the purity of a true kiss."

Now she held out the mushroom cap, wherein was reflected that very act: the desperation on behalf of Talasti, his confusion so easily manipulated and overpowered by the returning actions of the sorceress. And even as the cap revealed the truth, it displayed that confusion in Talasti's soul, so clearly evident by the dark shadows encircling his eyes, the tortured grimace about his lips, the paleness of his skin, the tightness of his features.

"I truly care for you, Talasti, or I would not have come," Eirianna repeated softly, replacing the cap in her pouch. Then utterly disdaining the hovering Adra, knowing the others were ready at the drop of a pin to protect her from that dark one, Eirianna took three swift steps forward, and knelt down before the young elven. Her cool hands reached out, cupping his face, lifting it up to hers.

Then she kissed him lightly on the forehead, stood up, and drew back.

"There is a place for you with us in Moon's Keep, Talasti... as brother to me, if that would appease your need. But need I sense in you, and would assuage it, and for the sake of you, Talasti Dubliss, and none other or for no other thing."

With that she took yet another step backwards, holding a hand out to her companions, and fell silent. Indeed, their next actions would depend entirely on those of the young elven....

[ 03-06-2003 11:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 03-06-2003 10:58 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Talasti searched for something in the room other than the previous statements to provoke him to move in any direction. He was as silent as the one who beckoned him with the arms that only were used for a companion, but his mind was at work. Reaching for an answer that could bring what was under unruly action to justice, or what he saw to be wrong.

He fell blind than, his eyes closing as he let himself fall into the transportation of emotions. The truth was that the emotions would bring what he truly felt deep inside to the frontier of this interior war, and then everything with end. The turmoil inside him, the pain in his body, the ache in his mind form the past, it would all dissipate along with the views that created confusion.

Reaching, his eyes still closed shut as he touched the palm of Adra. The boy opened his eyes slowly, looking into the face that was darkness, and a smile came to his face.

A smile...

Talasti brought himself upward, his young aching body being pressed against her's as he felt the strenght be created once again within him. Kissing her, he felt a sensation of bliss creep into his brain. A tongue slittered into her mouth while his arms embrace her with a tight hold.

Moments drifted by for the others to register the action with disbelief, fear, love, or anger. Talasti pulled back, and looked down as he stared toward them all..

"Let them live, but leave them in seperate dungeons. And tomorrow send them on different paths, at different times so they may not regroup together and form an attack. And for the others who live, kill them." He said, responding the question that was put out minutes previous.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Posts: 27 | From: On the Run | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 03-06-2003 11:08 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna's clear gray eyes clouded in pain.

"All for naught..." she whispered softly, painfully. "And father was right to do as he did, and who was I to come to the assistance of one who merely mocks?"

With no further ado, and before the sorceress could even draw a breath, she flashed into the aspect of pure warrioress, crying out and reaching with both arms before the full moon sunk below the horizon. It's brilliant light flowed in, blinding the sorceress and the young elven...

...even as Eirianna flew forward and took him up in her arms.

She turned with the speed of light, ran from the chambers, whistling as she did. Behind her came the cry of the birds, coming to cover them as she fled with her companions and the young elven, down and down the stairs and the corridors of the Keep, coming into the Grand Hall where their steeds awaited them.

"Forgive me, child, but you know not what you do," she murmured softly before touching Talasti on his forehead and sending him into a sleep adrift with moonbeams.

Then she was astride the wildly neighing Gorfynt, Talasti's limp body in her arms, and fleeing from the keep for the protection of Wydde's Woods, whose protective shadows she gained even as the sounds of pounding hoofbeats came into her ears from behind. Relaxing a little, she slowed Gorfynt's headlong pace, and waited for her companions to catch up to her.

[ 03-06-2003 11:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 03-06-2003 11:26 PM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Confusion...

The only word to describe the escape from Taunderon...

Landi and Arandil followed Eirianna's lead, leaving Kronos alone with Adra in the chamber...

He spent a long moment staring at her, disgusted with her ignorance...

He gave up, yet Kronos was victorious... turning now, he chased the others down the stairwell...

Liberation...

The four that waited at D'Artagnan's side, and that of D'Artagnan himself, divided themselves evenly upon 2 of the 3 steeds that awaited them in the keep...

The 3rd steed belonging to Arandil... Kronos and Landi shared the black unicorn, as Eirianna and the unconscious Talasti were upon the other beautiful beast...

The eight followers successfully caught up to Eirianna, waiting for words that could explain the utter confusion...

[ 03-07-2003 12:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 03-07-2003 12:38 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna sighed, sensing the confusion in her companions as clearly as she had the young man's who was now half supported by her body, half draped across Gorfynt's smoothly working withers. A brief smile flickered across her lips as she moved a hand to gently stroke the young elven's forehead, a smile which rapidly disappeared when she felt the heat radiating there beneath her caring touch. She drew in a sad little sigh, blinking tears from her eyes as she considered the turn of events that had led to this one moment in time, a moment encapsulated but focused so suddenly on the elven she carried further and further with her into the protective shadows of Wydde's Woods.

"This soul has been corrupted," she began softly, flicking a damp tendril of his locks from his heated brow. "But yet... but yet, I cannot help wonder...."

She trailed off as hoofbeats came stamping up to the tune of Kronos galloping up to her side. He brought the dapple-black unicorn to a slower gait once catching up with Gorfynt, and rode quietly alongside her. Eirianna turned troubled eyes to the pair astride Brisgean, clearly worried.

"I cannot help but think there is something other which has slid into this young elven's heart," she murmured in consternation. She continued looking down at him, but in reality seeing only that day long hence, when he had come to Moon's Keep, had graciously worried for her sake, taken room with them... only to inexplicably depart in the manner of someone quite mad...

Or possessed.

She shook her head, continuing to stroke his forehead, every so often moving a cool hand down to lightly caress his cheek.

Why this one? What was it about this young elven, who in all the frivolity of youth desired the adventure of seeking out the One Ring... but why was it he who the sorceress gathered up unto herself as a spider would a hapless fly in its web? Why this elven? Why would she try to turn him to her... unless....

"Unless...."

Eirianna paused, her eyes widening. She cut them to Landi.

"What does your wizardry tell you, Wise One?" she asked respectfully. "Am I dealing here with a young and easily misled youth, one missing a deeply rooted need in his life, to find caring and love and home...

"Or is there yet something too dark and drear about him that even I, with all the light my Moon can radiate, even I cannot see but am instead blinded and drawn to assist him, thinking it by his fairness and youth?"

And then it struck, as blindingly white and certain as the moon in it's dazzling fullness.

Not the elven... not the elven. He too a pawn, this she knew... but not the cause for the effect which had been desired.

It had been for her.

She gasped at the painful epiphany, tightening her grip instinctively against Gorfynt's hide and bringing him to a champing halt.

An elven youth and a single arrow... would men be that foolish to consider the merely circumstantial alone? Aye while first drawn up in anger; would they not have truly considered the possibilities that though of elven origin, a single arrow could be loosed by many a race's hands?

But who would send the beasts of the forest in ravening championship? Who would send the waters flooding and crashing to drown... then send in the very moon to drive to madness those not yet destroyed?

Who indeed but an elven... and one with the Power at her command to do so....

She reeled as the damning evidence clicked neatly into place.

Pawn indeed....

The darkness of the woods grew darker yet as, tottering, she slid to the loamy soil at Gorfynt's hooves, fainted for the sheer horror of her actions, and how she had been so unwittingly coerced into possibly triggering exactly what she rescued Talasti in order to prevent:

An artificially fomented war between the Elven and Man.

[ 03-07-2003 01:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

LandiTheWhite

White Wizard

Member # 430

posted 03-07-2003 01:08 AM     Profile for LandiTheWhite   Author's Homepage   Email LandiTheWhite     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well, my dear lady... he is a teenager..." He said with a light heart, attempting to alleviate the situation...

For he felt the great cloud of despair come over the Daughter of the Moon,"He is save able, yet..."

Eirianna fell into horrific slumber, and the soft soil beneath them all...

The group converged on the fallen elf, Kronos pleaded they give Eirianna room to breath...

"Feileacan, your talents are required..." Kronos said, as the others looked on with worry...

The hobbits seemed to be bored, and D'Artagnan was nearly heart broken...

A woman falling from a beast of that size, the odds were not in her favor...

He looked on, heeding Kronos's plea...

Landi merely looked off into the tree line, as he too realized what it was that terrified Eirianna's induced slumber...

Begun, this cloned war has...

[ 03-07-2003 01:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LandiTheWhite ]

--------------------

'A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to...'~Gandalf the Gray

Posts: 8 | From: see Loban | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 208.61.78.124
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 03-07-2003 12:24 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment, Adra could see nothing, and the blinding light of the moon literally drove her to her knees, for she was not accostumed to the light. When at length the blindness passed, the Sorceress found herself alone...

...excepting two...her faithful Talon, and one of the few remaining Taunderon guards. The latter was at her side, and the former was recovering from blindess as well.

"My lady! They have escaped!" the guard said in a panick. "And our peoples and our land..."

He paused at that, his eyes defocusing and his look hardening in anger. "What shall we do to recover from this travesty, my Lady? Shall we pursue them?"

Adra rose to her feet at the words, her blue eyes even icier than usual. She walked back to the balcony beyond them, followed humbly by the guard and Talon. Her eyes slit as she viewed the utter devestation.

Powerful, indeed, that one who can command the Moon is...

...too powerful. There has to be a way to stop her...

Then, "Let them go," she whispered coolly, "for now."

Then she turned her gaze to the young and clearly troubled guardsmen. "We have been weakened my friend, and must rebuild ourselves. If we are to succeed in avenging our loss..."

"...we must make more allies. I shall travel to Gondor...

...and then to Isengaurd. In the meantime you shall become Captain...

...refurbish our lands, my friend, and rebuild our army. Go now, and begin. This, my young Captain, calls for War."

"Yes, my lady," the guardsmen replied, kneeling in the utmost respect. "May the gods be with you to return to us quickly and safely."

With that he departed. Adra stepped out onto her balcony once more, holding her staff in a death's grip. Then she spoke out in a commanding voice. "Come Ubel, my servant!"

At the call, a large dragon, his rough skin black and scales the color of blood, flew to the edge of the balcony, hovering there and waiting. Adra turned her head back towards her chambers. "Talon, bring the crystal!"

Her evil companion complied immediately, coming to her side with the precious belonging. Then they both mounted the dragon. Adra leaned over and whispered into his pointed ear, "To Gondor, my loyal dragon..."

The Sorceress needed to not say another word. Immediately Ubel began heading towards the declared destination...

--------------------

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.157.77
Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 03-07-2003 06:57 PM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Faster!" Ulfhak shouted, delivering a swift kick into the side of the Warg. It was his personal ride, and he brought it with him to Taunderon. Now he moves with all speed to get as close to the Gondorian border as possible...

The Warg leaped over fallen branches and dodged trees in the way as its pace quickened to their destination.

There was a mighty roar from the sky above, sounding as if it came from the mouth of Mount Doom itself. Ulfhak instinctively looked up, and saw a great horrifying shadow block the moon itself. The shape of it placed great fear in the orc when he realized what it was...

A dragon?! he looked behind him From the direction of Taunderon...could the sorceress also be journeying to Gondor?

Ulfhak again kicked the side of his mount several times, pushing to go faster...to meet up with Adra and discuss what their next move should be...

The Master has placed great faith in her. Otherwise, she would already be dead.

--------------------

Arandil

Member # 403

posted 03-07-2003 07:18 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil couldn't believe it.

So far we have travelled...if she were to die now...

He turned away from the group, and started pacing back and forth from them. Arandil did not doubt Feileacan's healing skills, but what if the fall had done irreversible damage to Eirianna? What if her powers could no longer help this party, or what if she forgets...

Me. If she forgets why I am here.

Arandil stopped, his back facing them, and thought hard on this situation.

She is the only one who knows the fate of my brother. And I have already spent too much time helping her...

The ranger knew that his quest has become more precious now than it could have ever been. This incident at Taunderon...it will push Gondor and Rohan to war.

Perhaps not Rohan...their King is wise and thoughtful. But the Steward of Gondor is weak...always ill-advised from his closest friends.

Arandil thought briefly of D'Artagnan. He would have to confront him soon on this issue, but not until he knows Eirianna is safe and sound. He knew there was something he could do to help, yet he was afraid...

Afraid of a question that has haunted him since he knew of his lineage...

What if he failed?

Arandil pondered on what he should do now. He has reached another crossroad; should he leave the group and go his own seperate way, or stay the course?

I'll make my choice later... he decided, his thoughts still on the elf...

[ 03-07-2003 07:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Arandil ]

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 03-14-2003 12:04 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gradually Eirianna drifted up from a deep blackness, only to become aware of the tickle of grass against her nose, and a stabbing pain in her head. For little did she know but when she had fainted she had fallen off the dancing Gorfynt, and in that falling had grazed her head smartly against the underside edge of one lifted hoof. Even as her surroundings drifted into slow awareness around her she could hear his pain-filled screams, which he undoubtedly had begun the moment he had felt her head impact his foot.

Struggling, she sat up, blinking.

Froze.

Blinked again, now reaching a groping arm out. Her flailing hand struck against Gorfynt's leg, and grasped hold of it. Her head spun. She blinked again, and turned vague eyes outward. Then, finally found the strength to speak through the blackness which yet persisted:

"My friends, are you still with me? For I cannot see."

[ 03-14-2003 12:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LandiTheWhite

White Wizard

Member # 430

posted 03-14-2003 12:20 AM     Profile for LandiTheWhite   Author's Homepage   Email LandiTheWhite     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Blind...

With all due respect given to Elven healing magics, this required sorcery...

Landi came close to Eirianna, his left palm engulfing her face...

A short foreign chant of sight was given to the Daughter of the Moon...

"Can you see, my dear?" a tranquil Landi inquired...

[ 03-14-2003 12:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LandiTheWhite ]

--------------------

'A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to...'~Gandalf the Gray

Posts: 8 | From: see Loban | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.155.98.94
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 03-23-2003 07:16 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil was silent. His back was to the group, and he refused to look towards them.

Blinded... he thought Surely this won't be permanent...

He heard the wizard speak an incantation in a tounge he never heard before. Knowing that he was working magic, Arandil's hopes began to lift...

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 03-24-2003 12:05 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna shook her head, blinked. Her grip about Gorfynt's leg tightened, and her other hand joined its mate as she used the unicorn's now steady presence to climb to her feet. Once upright, she removed her hands, to smooth the front of her gown a bit before turning to where the White Wizard and others stood.

"No...."

--------------------

Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 03-25-2003 11:08 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Knowing that they were indeed finally approaching Gondor, Adra leaned over and whispered a cue for Ubel to take them down into the fields just below them. Ubel immediately complied, descending gracefully from the skies and to the land below, where he then fanned out a wing to allow the Sorceress to dismount his back. Behind her, Talon followed, taking up a protective position by her as she took her crystal and sat on the grounds, drawing her cloak about herself before raising a hand above the crystal to call images into her sights. In the depths of that crystal shone the image of the elven Sorceress struggling to come to a stand beside a great and mighty unicorn, her eyes vague. Adra slitted her icy blue eyes.

It was almost as if...

Knowing she could not use her demonic powers in the rising daylight to gather more information, Adra turned to Talon. “Go, my servant, and find out how our valiant warriors are faring. I sense something amiss, something we just might be able to use, for the destruction of Taunderon via elven magick is only the beginning of our work. Pay special attention to the little elven Sorceress...

...and to the Ranger who rides with them. I wonder if he is yet aware that he is not simply an Heir to the Gondor throne, but the Heir. We must soon find out just what he knows, for this may be a key to what we shall embark upon next...

...as is the elven Sorceress’s wellbeing. Go now, find out what you can without being discovered, and return quickly.”

Talon simply bowed in acknowledgement. “As you wish it.” With that he departed altogether, and Adra remained waiting for Ulfhak just outside the gates of Gondor, a fearsome Ubel guarding her in the shadow of those gates. All the while her mind was spinning with evil plots...

[ 03-25-2003 11:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e