my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » Shadows of the Night (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Shadows of the Night
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 02-07-2003 12:25 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna stood in the quiet shadows of the edge of Wydde's Wood, staring with some dismay into the mushroom cap in her hand. Images within that magical device showed her that the moth had departed from the threesome in the tunnel, and had fluttered secretly on to where the young Talasti was bound. It settled on his ear, whispering its message of hope, then rose like a wisp of green smoke and left the sorceress's chambers through her open window.

Now another image flickered int he depths of the cap.

Orcs! she thought, her heart rising in her throat. They seek the others, who at last are trying to regroup with me! But-- has my interference led to their betrayal to the foe?

Concern creased her brow, both wondering if indeed she was the cause of them being noticed by the enemy's armies, as well as debating if there was anything she could do to come to their assistance.

Her eyes widened, and she closed her hand about the mushroom cap. Raising her head, she let out an eerie keening cry, calling, beseeching, warning....

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Hecate

Eyes of the Night, Guardian of the Day

Member # 406

posted 02-07-2003 12:40 PM     Profile for Hecate   Author's Homepage   Email Hecate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Although he was miles away from where the Daughter of the Moon stood, her cry did not go unheeded. Hecate's keen hearing clearly picked up that cry of distress; a sharp cry of his own came forth from him as he quickly altered his endless circling into an arrow-straight trajectory, heading directly to the one who had called out to him. He shot along, skimming the treetops, his own cries now sounding out and marring that unique silence a forest maintains in the wee hours before sunrise.

His call was not unanswered.

Soon he came over the place where Eirianna stood, his hawk's eyes clearly able to pick out her quiet form there through the foliage beneath him. He let out another cry of affirmation...

...and continued onward, heading straightly toward the Kingdom of Taunderon, and to the place where roughly fifteen orcs were stumping noisily along.

In his wake he trailed hundreds of hawks and gryfalcons, eagles and even occasional owls, and others of the stooping ilk. They had followed immediately, obeying his commanding call to them.

Thus it was that out of the darkness there suddenly descended upon the orcs a veritable horde of stooping, diving, and extremely sharp taloned and beaked raptors. They stooped and dove, slicing and slashing, piercing flesh and leather with an almost laughably easy grace, the larger of the horde swooping down to grasp an orc's helm by the edges of the eye-slit, often completely removing it from the creature's head, while those followng aimed for their suddenly exposed faces and ripping asunder the orc's eyes, blinding them, or tearing at the throat. Other birds simply added to the fracas by raining down, snatching arrows from quivers, snatching at any skin they could reach before soaring upward to disappear into the darkness once again. It was all but impossible for the orcs to retaliate; occasionally one would grasp a scaly leg as it proceeded to flee upward, halting its progress, to then snap the neck of the brave and unselfish bird. But far, far more hit and disappeared before the orcs knew what was happening, too small and fleet and visibly seen for but flashing seconds before being swallowed up by the night.

This air battle was as swift as it was confusing. At length the orcs stood milling about... crying out and then roaring louder when Hecate himself stooped down in his partly human form, grasped the captain who had chosen to lead this small regiment against the wishes of its commander, and rose with him some 2,000 feet into the air.

From there he let him drop. The captain fell like a stone, thrashing and flailing and roaring, impacting the ground with a sickening thud to remain utterly still, utterly lifeless, its bones smashed and its neck broken.

Another piercing, keening cry, and the birds whirled and fled. Hecate made one great circling maneuver high over the heads of the two elven and the Man, alerting them, before he himself turned and fled back through the darkness to the Daughter of the Moon.

[ 02-07-2003 01:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Hecate ]

--------------------

"With morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair."

Posts: 6 | From: On the Wings o' the Wind | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 02-07-2003 01:10 PM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"We shall follow this flying creature... for it will lead us to the one who has called us out..." Kronos said, understanding exactly what the creature was sent to do... and had carried out only moments ago...

And so, the new party rode off... in search of the daughter of the moon, the man on his steed, and the two elves on the other...

--------------------

Well, at least I'm going to live forever! Got that? LIVE FOREVER!~Orlando Bloom

Posts: 46 | From: see Loban | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.156.194.252
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 02-07-2003 06:58 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through her crystal Adra watched the aforementioned events as they progressed, her look hardening even as the faction of Orcs foolishly went after the two elves and the Ranger only to be thwarted by an attack...

Adra snarled. “This is Her doing, I know it!” In an instant, the image of the Daughter of the Moon fell into the depths of the crystal, so that Ulfhak knew exactly of whom Adra spoke. Then the images flashed back once more to where the valiant Hecate was leading the small group away.

The Sorceress cocked her head and bit her lip, slitting her eyes thoughtfully. She directed her icy blues to the Orc once more. “Your warriors act foolishly,” she then growled, “But perhaps their foolishness can be used to our benefit....”

She hesitated a moment, keenly aware of the Orc’s anger. She played upon it. “We must watch carefully as the daylight draws near, for if they will not come to us...

...we shall be led to them...

...and to Her...

...and your loss shall be avenged, my servant..."

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.158.58
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 02-07-2003 07:45 PM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The group finally reached their destination, a few horizons away Eirianna waited...

"The creature has come to a rest, just over the second ridge..." Kronos said, as the steeds galloped with much passion...

Not long after...

The group crossed over the second ridge, in the distance the outline of the creature and one of a humaniod could be seen...

But, to the eyes of an Elf, Kronos could see much more... He could actually lock eyes with Eirianna, a look that seemed to be given back...

Feileacan's horse, along with Kronos, was the first to reach the daughter of the moon...

Kronos was the first to dismount, he approached Eirianna and bowed in respect,"I am Kronos, of Dolamroth... I... We come to your heed, princess..." He said, as well as on behalf of his new 'party'...

[ 02-07-2003 07:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Posts: 46 | From: see Loban | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 66.156.194.252
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 02-08-2003 12:33 AM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil followed the others, but his mind was focused elsewhere...

A sorceress...a murdered King of Man...a captured elf...and now orcs. he thought.

Something dark is gathering in Taunderon, and if it is unleashed, it will surely devastate Middle Earth.

Arandil frowned as he rode closer to the elves' horse.

I have to find that Dunlending...

Finally, he reached Eirianna, whom Kronos was addressing himself to. The ranger dismounted and approached her.

"I am Arandil, of Gondor and Rivendell. You must be the King's daughter." The ranger then bowed to her. "It is an honor to meet you, my Lady."

He felt comfortable near her...her spirit produced a warm aura that calmed Arandil almost as soon as he saw her.

Yet...deep down...he still felt afraid...

--------------------

An heir to the Kings of Men, it is a hard life to live by...

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Ulfhak the Scourge

Member # 423

posted 02-08-2003 12:53 AM     Profile for Ulfhak the Scourge   Author's Homepage   Email Ulfhak the Scourge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The orc still had a grip on the elf's head even as he watched the events unfold inside the crystal.

A surprised look fell on his face...then it was quickly swept away by anger. He roared loudly as he let go of the elf and charged out of the chamber.

The guards understood the presence of the orcs being in Taunderon (though they still made disgusted faces towards them), so nothing stopped Ulfhak from getting to his men.

Eventually, he burst open the doors of the Keep and walked out from the castle walls as the guards opened the gate for him. The orc chieftain approached four of his kind, bloody and beaten, that were helped up by other troops.

An orc warrior moved to Ulfhak, hissing as he spoke. "The beassssts from the sssky killed our captain. These four are the only ssssurvivors."

Ulfhak stared at them coldly. They betrayed not just him, but the whole army and everything it stood for.

That simply wouldn't do.

Ulfhak turned away. "Kill them."

He heard their pitiful shrieks and screams as they were torn to pieces by the ravenous orcs. The chieftain allowed himself a small smile; it was the closest he had ever gotten to some type of carnage since the march from the Iron Hills.

As soon as his men were done feasting, Ulfhak called one of them forward.

"Get back to the army, and summon Grishnuk and his company to Taunderon." he ordered the soldier.

The orc gave a slight nod. "How many troops?"

"His whole company." Ulfhak responded. His new messenger shrunk back from him, out of shock and fear.

"Th-that's two hundred..."

"Do it."

The messenger quickly ran off to his destination. Ulfhak watched the orc go, then turned back to the gates of Taunderon.

The Elves will pay...one does not simply humiliate Ulfhak the Scourge and get away with it.

As he passed through the gates, the remaining fifteen orcs followed him. Now, they were part of Taunderon's garrison...

--------------------

The shadow is falling upon Middle Earth...the Dark Lord will return...and I will be his champion!

Posts: 15 | From: The Iron Hills | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 02-08-2003 06:10 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As she was still holding the mushroom cap, Eirianna was only able to reach one hand out to Kronos, who was yet maintaining his bow of respect. She touched him lightly on the head, then pulled that hand back.

"Rise, Kronos of Dolamroth, and welcome. More than just a little relief fills my heart that you have safely made your way here to me; there were two others who I had been travelling with, who seem to have disappeared."

She turned to Feileacan, who yet remained astride the horse.

"It is good to see you safe here as well, Feileacan of Moon's Keep." She greeted her fellow elf with a brief nod of acknowledgement, before continuing with, "I trust you have informed this new ally of the mission we were upon, as well as of the disappearance of E'rae and L'Endriel? Unless, of course, some dire ill has befallen them of which you know, and of which I am yet unaware."

She paused a moment to allow the elf to reply, when she was approached by the third in their little party. Her clear gray eyes warmed with recognition as Arandil slid smoothly off his mount and approached her. Still smiling, she repeated the gesture she had with Kronos...

...and slowly her smile began to flicker as she sensed his deep-seated fear.

There is a shadow across the soul of this one, she thought to herself, but did not deign to say anything aloud regarding this strangeness. Instead she merely bowed her head in greeting.

"An honor, in turn, it is indeed to at last be introduced to you, Arandil of Gondor," she replied smoothly, recalling her brief view of him back in Moon's Keep. Smiling then, she took a step back so as to encompass the entire party with her gaze, and once having captured the attention of all began quickly running through the information she had sent the moth to reveal them all.

"A young elf from our Keep is imprisoned within the castle of Taunderon. There is a dark sorceress there, who commands the wraiths of the Ring; I fear she has taken the young Talasti as he so foolishly and naively was in search of the One Ring for himself. I set out with companions to rescue the young one, only to learn the King of Taunderon has been murdered, with the murder being made to appear by elven hand. I feared where this may lead..."

She paused a moment, gathering herself, then continued on.

"...so I returned to Moon's Keep to inform my father, Gildur the King of Elves. He has slipped our kingdom into the shadows, away from the realms of Man, to protect our own from a threatening war which we do not merit. But I cannot leave Talasti, so I have come of my own to continue with his rescue.

"However...."

Her eyes darkened to thundercloud smoke, and she pursed her lips in consternation.

"Now Orcs there are who have entered into this mystery, and soon more to come. Look."

With that she held out the cap, showing the solitary orc slipping quietly through another forest, heading stealthily through the trees, his very bearing fairly screaming that his actions bode no good.

"I cannot be certain, but logic would state that this one is being sent for something... and knowing the mentality of orcs, that can only mean one thing. I grow more and more fearful for us all, not only for the kingdoms of Man and Elven, but for all of Middle Earth as well.

"My friends, I trust you have come to me as allies as well as in friendship. Have any here any thoughts they would speak, or suggestions to make? For now I fear my mission to save Talasti from imprisonment has suddenly burgeoned a thousandfold."

[ 02-08-2003 06:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.107.49
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 02-08-2003 09:03 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Even as the Ulfhak momentarily departed from Adra’s chambers to “correct” his company, she gazed once more into her crystal, cocking her head in consideration as the image of the Ranger popped ominiously into view.

An Heir to the Throne of Gondor via the Isildur bloodline, eh? Long have I searched for you... she thought darkly.

For well did she remember the day when she had been with the Dunelandings, when she had just begun to use her powers to manipulate others. How easy it had been to convince the Dunelandings that the caravan of women and children which the true Heir travelled with was a set up for them to attack Duneland and take over the area. The child had been brought to her...

...and how easy it had been for her to convince them that there was no other solution to their troubles but to destroy the child. Yet somehow the other Heir had eluded her grasp and the talents of her dark minions...

...somehow. Adra was keenly aware that the Elves had counterattacked that day...

...and was also fairly certain that this was the one and only reason the other Heir had disappeared. And how very fitting that she know found him aiding the very Kind who had probably saved his life to begin with...

...how very, very fitting.

Adra’s look darkened further as a deeply rooted hatred suddenly found new fuel to add to the fire.

Had these elves—including this one who was so easily able to blind her Ringwraiths—been the ones who had been able to secret away this Ranger, this Heir to the Gondor throne, from her ever-searching gaze?

Turning now to look at the young Talasti coldly, Adra nodded but once to Talon to keep watch once more, meanwhile departing to find Ulfhak. In but a small amount of time, she was able to find him just inside the gates of Taunderon. “Rest your company once they arrive, for daylight will soon be upon us,” she commented, her icy blue eyes demanding nothing but total compliance. “I know the location of the One who implemented the attack upon your company, and well do I know that they will come to us, for they seek the Elf whom I hold captive in my chambers. Rest your men, and rally them...

...but when the valiant party at last arrives...

..leave the Ranger and the white-haired female Elf for me...”

[ 02-08-2003 09:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.159.80
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 02-09-2003 12:03 AM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I will join this rescue, for I too search for my companions... they as well, most likely, held against their will... I must warn you my friends, we should make no haste in our plans... they are coming..."

Kronos waited, his mind calculating various strategies...

[ 02-09-2003 12:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Posts: 46 | From: see Loban | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 65.80.163.98
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 02-10-2003 01:56 AM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Kronos could sense there was something happening inside the man, something that was affecting his train of thought...

So, Kronos took it upon himself to plan their assault on the castle of Taunderon...

"I believe it is best if we allot... one group making the initial drive on the castle, and the second a timely reinforcement..." Kronos said at length...

"I shall be in the first, who will accompany me?" Kronos asked, waiting for comments and/or volunteers...

[ 02-10-2003 01:58 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

--------------------

Posts: 46 | From: see Loban | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 65.80.161.95
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 02-10-2003 09:15 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil looked at the elf, and saw the battle in his eyes. It was look he himself had...a long time ago...

The ranger smiled. "I will accompany you, Kronos, with this first attack."

He looked back in the direction of the kingdom. "The Taunderon guards are well-armoured and trained, but their organization is dependent on their officers. Without them, they'll break. The orcs, however, need no leaders to attack. Their heavily dependent on numbers, but they'll lose courage against stronger foes."

Arandil looked back to Kronos. "We go under cover of darkness. It worked well with us..." he said, nodding to Felieacan. Finally, Arandil faced Eirianna.

"Also...there is a personal matter I must discuss with you, my Lady, but it should wait until this is done."

Hopefully, the Dunlending will do the same...

Having his say in the battle plan, Arandil took a step back to attend his own counsel.

The One Ring?! he thought, his face not revealing the emotion he felt over such a thing.

The Ring....so thats what this is about. This war between Man and Elf, the sorceress, the orcs...all aimed to the finding of the One Ring.

He glanced briefly at Eirianna. Yet, her kind have not discovered it either. How strange...they fight over something that neither have possession of.They've been keeping this a secret...from Men. Why?

His closed his hands into fists and tightened them.

What is that they fear?

For a moment, a brief moment, deep inside Arandil's mind a voice whispered four words...but it was so quick that he never heard what it said.

The Doom of Man.

[ 02-10-2003 09:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Arandil ]

--------------------

An heir to the Kings of Men, it is a hard life to live by...

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 02-11-2003 11:08 PM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I appreciate your offer, friend..." Kronos said, addressing Arandil...

"...alas, I feel I should need a creature of graceful stealth for this first attack..."

He now turned his attention toward the two Elven women... waiting for either to offer their services...

--------------------

D'Artagnan

Noble swordsman to the Crown of Gondor

Member # 425

posted 02-12-2003 05:45 PM     Profile for D'Artagnan   Author's Homepage   Email D'Artagnan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Riding for days, D'Artagnan was becoming most tired...

He knew of a kingdom of men that was sure to offer him shelter for the night...

Taunderon...

But, this was not the case...

Approaching from the West, he quickly and most easily noticed the hoard of Orcs that awaited him...

He decided to head east, away from Taunderon... he would ride until the distance was safe, then simply sleep with one eye open...

--------------------

God save the King...

Posts: 9 | From: see Loban | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 65.80.161.95
D'Artagnan

Member # 425

posted 02-12-2003 10:19 PM     Profile for D'Artagnan   Author's Homepage   Email D'Artagnan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
East of Taunderon

A few hundred meters past the easternmost part of Taunderon, D'Artagnan could make out 4 different beings in the distance...

He strode up, unimpeded, for they must have known his intent was nothing but pure...

With every beat of the beast's hooves, D'Artagnan could make out those who now awaited him...

A man... and 3 elves... one of which was the fairest being he had ever laid eyes upon...

He dismounted, somehow dismissing all but the one he now approached...

He knelt, took up Eirianna's hand and recited a sonnet that came not only from his heart, but from his very soul...

"As fast as objects to his beams assemble?
O'... 'tis the first, 'tis flattery in my seeing...
and my great mind most kingly drinks it up:
Mine eye well knows what with his gust is 'greeing...
and to his palate doth prepare the cup:
If it be poisoned, 'tis the lesser sin
that mine eye loves it and doth first begin..."

D'Artagnan, never wavering his gaze into Eirianna's eyes, softly pressed his lips to her hand...

He now stood, awaiting questions he knew would come...

[ 02-12-2003 11:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by D'Artagnan ]

--------------------

God save the King...

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 02-13-2003 12:23 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna blinked, a touch surprised by the flamboyant approach of this sudden stranger. She cut her eyes quickly to the others in their little party as if to beg pardon for the rather unorthodox manner in which this young man had greeted her.

Then her humor got the better of her, and for a moment all thought of darkness and evil and the captured Talasti fled to the back of her mind. She turned a clear look back upon the human, a wry smile coming to her face. Then she spoke to him in a manner similar to which he had her:

"O, what a mansion have those vices got
Which for their habitation chose out thee,
Where beauty's veil doth cover every blot,
And all things turn to fair that eyes can see!
Take heed, dear heart, of this large privilege;
The hardest knife ill-used doth lose his edge."

Folding her slender hands gracefully together, she raised them to her lips, not wanting him to see how that wry little grin had transformed into an outright smile. For a moment she struggled with herself, then finally managed to put aside the momentary camaraderie.

She now turned to Kronos.

"I am not skilled in the ways of the warrior, although I am fair with the arrow and can ride like the wind. I don't know if this is what you seek in the first assault upon the city; think you I really have the weight to lend in frontal battle against orc and sorceress?"

[ 02-13-2003 12:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.213.57
Kronos

Elven Prince

Member # 417

posted 02-13-2003 12:53 AM     Profile for Kronos   Author's Homepage   Email Kronos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"That you do, M'lady... stealth is paramount in the first wave... we shall show our selves from the interior once the second wave has breached the exterior... they will collapse from within..." Kronos said, as he looked around, stopping at the newcomer...

He then continued,"...furthermore, it would not be wise to keep all of our eggs in one basket..."

Kronos was interrupted, by the over-anxious newcomer...

--------------------

D'Artagnan

Member # 425

posted 02-13-2003 01:08 AM     Profile for D'Artagnan   Author's Homepage   Email D'Artagnan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
D'Artagnan, stood in contemplative silence through most of Kronos' discourse...

His eyes lit up, and a sly smirk came to D'Artagnan's features...

He took the cavalier from it's resting place upon his head, and held it to his breast...

"For I impair not beauty being mute,
when others would give life, and bring a tomb...
There lives more life in one of your fair eyes
than both your poets can in praise devise..."

The smirk changed to that of a smile, and his eyes showed brightly as something sparked inside of D'Artagnan...

He could not notice his hindrance to the plan that lie before them all...

[ 02-13-2003 01:16 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by D'Artagnan ]

--------------------

God save the King...

Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 02-16-2003 02:39 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Talasti was a motinless being, his hands chained tightly to ensure his inability to motion at all. A tear streaked down his face in not agony nor pain, but in the sense of lonilness. He had been held captive for so long, his spirit unable to run amoungst the animals of the world.

"Why do you do this, why are you so evil?" He questioned, his eyes being cascaded with the sheets of tears. He felt the urge to whipe them away but his shackles held him down.

I'm so weak, how could I have gotten here.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Posts: 27 | From: On the Run | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 02-16-2003 04:08 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra was just returning to her quarters after delivering her orders to Ulfhak when she heard Talasti's despairing words and clearly saw the tears. At this she stepped in and regarded him silently, cocking her head slightly and then placing a hand to her chin. After a moment or two she suddenly walked over to where the fresh bread and water with which she had been taunting the young elf earlier had been placed. Pouring a mug of the water, she suddenly came to Talasti and knelt in front of him, offering him drink. "You must be very hungry and thirsty," she said quietly, bringing the water to his lips and allowing him a good long drink before she withdrew it. "I do this for the protection of my people," she said then. "And as for my evil...why do you call evil what you do not know, and what you could know..."

She paused, her icy blues pinning his eyes. "I understand what you seek far better than you might suspect, far better than the Elves who claim to be coming for you yet dawdle in doing so ever will."

With that she then stood and took her crystal in her hands, again turning to Talasti and kneeling before him, her right hand atop the crystal as she closed her eyes and summoned an image to reveal itself in its crystalline depths.

The image of Kronos, Arandil, Eirianna and the seemingly love-stricken D'artnangun swam into focus. The two latter members seemed to be caught up in some sort of romantic exchange, distracted from any plans which they most certainly were making...

Adra opened her eyes, allowing Talasti to view that image. "Indeed they take their time though they believe your very life is at stake. Are you indeed certain that, if and when they come, you will want to return with them at all?"

Her blue eyes locked onto his once more, and she waited.

[ 02-16-2003 04:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.158.88
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 02-16-2003 04:18 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Talasti changed his focused back upon her eyes, a smile coming to his face as tears continued to trickle along his cheeks. Sorrow still dwidled within his eyes as he glared at her, expanding the expression of his face from a happiness and anguish. His fist clutched as the chains held even tighter, his physical agony replacing that of his emotional as he began to speak, keeping his voice clear & firm.

"No, I'm not sure if I'll want to go. I don't know what I'll do." He said, revealing his feelings as he refocused his eyes back upon the crystal that exposed these images.

Are they real? He thought, but he subconsciously he knew something was realistical about this situation. No one cared much for anyone in this world burdened by darkness, because of man.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 02-16-2003 04:37 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra stood once more and replaced the crystal on the table which it usually sat. Then once more she knelt before the young elf, reaching out a steady and somehow strangely comforting hand to place under his chin, drawing his eyes to hers once more. "Join with me and you shall find a home, a place to rest and learn and escape those who would view you as nothing more than a simple and foolish young boy. For is this not what you truly have been seeking all along?" she asked then waited in thoughtful silence.

--------------------

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 66.20.158.88
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 02-16-2003 05:09 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes I have." He said, his lips curving a weird dark smirk that rebelled against his casual soft facial expression.

'What am I doing?' He mentally asked himself, feeling his heard begin to pump with the adernaline as it's provoke.

'Shut up, we will be gaining all we need in the world under this beautiful lady.' Talasti's more overly confident side began to talk in his mind, caressing it with it's intentions.

He attempted to reach for his brain, but then he noticed the chains upon his wrist. The chains. They held him from mobile action at all, and if he embrace her like a mother, like a real woman he would wield the freedom of movement, for his spirit to drift along like the wind about him.

"I will join you." He said finally, his voice without even a speck of sorrow, just a firm military tone.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 02-16-2003 05:19 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra considered Talasti for a long moment, as if analyzing the truth in his words. Then, "Your words bind you to me," she said calmly yet with an edge of something not entirely pleasant. Then all traces of that something disappeared, and she reached for her staff, aiming it for the chains which bound the young elf. Before he could flinch or move a muscle a bolt of something charged from that staff, and suddenly his shackles were broken.

Adra stepped back then, still clutching her staff expectantly. Finally she spoke. "Come, so that we may eat together and discuss The One Ring. For you and I, my young friend, shall indeed find it. And when we do...

...all others who hold rings of their own shall bow to us...

...and all Elves, my friend, shall be bowing to you..."

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 02-16-2003 05:33 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna shot a look at the mooning young man, who clearly wanted to worm his way into her affections. At first his introductory parley was lightening to the gloom that she had carried in her heart from the moment that abomination from hell had attempted to kill both her and Feileacan. But now... now it was out of place; there were matters to attend to.

"Stay your words of such frivolity, D'artagnan!" she suddenly cried out, a frown darkening her lovely features. "Time we have not for you to ply your troth, nor for me to sidestep it as my dear Gorfynt would sidestep any living thing in his path!"

And you are Man... and I am Elven, the silent words shot into his eyes from hers.

She turned then to the others.

"We waste time; Kronos, so certain are you that I should accompany you in this first wave? Yet, we of the elven race can tread with a far lighter foot than man...."

She drew herself up, nodding her head and reached a slender hand up to grasp her bow.

"So be it. I shall travel with you, that you and I lay initial siege to the fortress in Taunderon. Mayhap we can create enough havoc there that our two warriors can follow after, and we may save young Talasti from the foul clutches which grasp him. For behold."

She held out the mushroom cap, in which the image of a dark sorceress freeing and embracing the young elf was clearly displayed.

"It is clear he knows not what he does."

She took a step forward now, to close the distance between herself and Kronos, but paused. Her eyes grew dark and moist as they turned upon Arandil.

"I am not remiss, nor have I ignored your plea, my friend," she said softly. "When all is right, I shall most gladly lend an ear and whatever else I may in regard to this personal matter of which you have spoken."

Then she uttered a piercing whistle, and from the shadowy woods about them Gorfynt trotted into view. Disconcertedly enough, he was soon followed by Brisgean the Silver...

...the unicorn upon whose back E'rae of Moon's Keep had ridden off upon.

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.107.48

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e