The Holonet Boards   » Tales of Middle Earth   » Shadows of the Night

Talon

posted 01-14-2003 04:06 PM    
((OOC: Continues from Beyond the Wydde Wood, thank you.))

Talon followed the young guard down into the bowels of the castle of Taunderon til at length they came upon a less frequented portion of the dungeon. Strangely enough, this night it was frequented much more than usual; a small horde of guards seemed to be surrounding someone, taunting and jeering.The young Talasti.

No doubt news of the King's death had traveled fast throughout the Castle; Talon could tell from the jeers and taunts being hurled in the elf's direction that this was so. For a very long while, he allowed them to simply continue their actions...

...and at length finally stepped forward. "Enough!" he growled, drawing shocked looks from the guards, who backed away from the bruised and cut young man, who was laying limply--although rather defiantly on the ground.

Talon stepped inward, giving Talasti a good moment to look at his fearsome features, then unchained him and yanked him up forcefully into his iron grasp. With not so much as a word to the guards, he then dragged the young elf up into Adra's chambers, where he chained his hands and feet around a column.

Then he stepped back to regard the poor young fellow, his eyes never leaving him while he awaited Adra's return to her chambers.

[ 01-25-2003 07:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Talon ]

Arandil

posted 01-14-2003 05:41 PM    
Arandil came to the fallen log in Wydde's Wood...the same place he meant to set up camp before he encountered the wraiths...the same place where he lost track of the Dunlending. Now the ranger has returned to make a decision.

Continue tracking him on my own...or search out the King's daughter in Taunderon? he pondered.

If Arandil goes to Taunderon, the journey will cost him much time in trying to track the Dunlending. In fact, he may even lose the trail. But he may also discover the chieftain's exact location...

On the other hand, if the ranger continued to track the chieftain on his own, he would have to rely on blind luck to find any traces of him.

As foolish as he is, he is wise and cunning. The Dunlending will undoubtedly try to cover his tracks.

Both choices were extremely risky. If he chooses wrong, the true heir to Gondor will be lost...

Then I'll have to take the throne.

He frowned at the thought, knowing that he may be too weak to do such a thing...knowing that he may share the fate of Isildur...

The night began to grow brighter as the dawn came anew. Arandil quickly put the thought out of his mind and made his decision...

He ran through the forest to find a path that would lead to Taunderon.

Feileacan

posted 01-14-2003 10:32 PM    
Feileacan had search the castle trying to find the man whose image she had been given to no avail, he always seemed juste one step ahead of her and now she had been told he had left after talking with the king. Her heart was divided, she wanted to fulfill her duty to her king, but at the same time she longed for adventure. Finally she decided to try to follow him, she believed he would try to follow Eirianna and so she set out along the same path with a borrowed horse promising herself she would return after talking to this man. She rode quickly through the forest, not resting even for the briefest time. Finally she saw someone ahead of her and checked her horse to a walk calling out to him.

"Do you seek the Daughter of the Moon?"

Kronos

posted 01-14-2003 11:28 PM    
East of the Gap of Rohan

I come upon the outskirts of the Taunderon kingdom... As I feared, we shall not receive a warm welcome...

Kronos took in one last glimpse of the massively upgraded defenses...

Meanwhile, back at the campfire...

"So... you advise against it, my Elven friend..." Landi rose to his feet, and proceeded to wake the others...

"Young prince, the decision comes down to you..."

"We shall ride into Taunderon, as planned... I trust you to keep harm at bay..." Trevor said, as smugly as ever...

"So be it..." Landi was the last to mount his horse, they proceeded east...

To Taunderon...

[ 01-14-2003 11:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Arandil

posted 01-16-2003 06:00 PM    
"Yes!" Arandil cried, turning around and raising his hand. "I seek her in Taunderon!"

The rider's horse walked through the forest and onto the dirt path the ranger was following. Arandil recognized that the rider had come from the same path of Wydde's Wood, so he or she must be friendly...

The ranger waited as the horse approached...

Feileacan

posted 01-20-2003 05:37 PM    
" My Name is Feileacan, I am a Lady of her court, and I know these woods well. Perhaps I could join you, I know the way and I would like to rejoin her as well."

Feileacan survey the man waiting for his response with the extreme patience of her kindred, while sliding off the horse as she could not ask the beast to make this journey with her.

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-21-2003 12:04 AM    
After keeping true to her word and preparing a grand funeral for the king, Adra returned to her chambers wearied even as the day began to break. Upon entering she found the ever-loyal Talon keeping watch over the young Talasti, who was chained to a column in the center of the room. She paused, cocking her head and considering him with her icy blue eyes. At length she spoke coolly. "With the... haste your fellow Elves make to come for you, I would begin to wonder if they are truly coming for you at all."

She squatted then, cupping Talasti's chin with her cold hand and jerking his face to where his eyes had no other choice but to meet hers. She leaned in as if she were whispering some deadly secret and, in all acuality, she was. "The Ring will only work for evil, my young captive," she whispered. "Only a fool would try to use it for anything else."

At that she drew back ever-the-slightest, staring into Talasti's hardened eyes, letting her words sink in though she was keenly aware that he did not believe her at all. Then cruelly she ended with, "Think of it, what would a pathetic little elf like yourself want with the Ring, but to achieve your own power... already its evil has claimed you!" she hissed almost gleefully, a dark and unpleasant smile gracing her features.

With that she stood, now dropping something--a piece of fresh bread--from her other hand, knowing that chained Talasti would never be able to get it unless someone actually fed it to him. The young man had to be famished; Adra really didn't know if he'd been fed anything at all in the dungeon and if he had it hadn't been something pleasant. The mere suggestion of edible food had to be utter torture...

Then, her smile growing even darker, she placed a picture of cool water, perfectly clear, beside the piece of bread. "Your friends have forgotten you, my young friend," Adra said coldly. "Join me, and you can begin the road to gaining everything you want..."

With this she said no more, but simply waited to see what Talasti might respond.

[ 01-21-2003 12:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Kronos

posted 01-21-2003 01:04 AM    
The party quickly caught up to where Kronos had his undetectable watch over the main entrance to Taunderon...

"It is heavily guarded... I sense much evil ahead..." Kronos gave warning...

"We press on..." Landi, the wizard, said with much doubt...

The group reached the first wave of guards...

"I am Trevor, Prince of Ithilien, open your borders to my party..."

They awaited reply...

Kronos, the elf, was ever mindful of the dangers lying ahead...

[ 01-21-2003 04:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Arandil

posted 01-21-2003 05:30 PM    
Arandil bowed his head slightly to Feileacan. "I am Arandil, of the House of Elrond and Man of Gondor. You're arrival is a welcome one. I know this path to Taunderon, though I didn't know it entered this forest. It...confused me for a short time."

The ranger turned back and stepped forward, ready to dash into the woods. "The city is not far away." he called to the elf. "If we move with haste, we can make it Taunderon before nightfall."

At the very moment he was about to take off running, Arandil stopped himself and looked back. "Unless you know of a quicker route?"

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-21-2003 11:22 PM    
The leader of the squad of guards looked at Trevor as if he were out of his mind. Even as he did so, the squad of guards surrounded the little uninvited party, weapons ready.

"Taunderon has no use for visitors," the leader commented. Even as he did so, he cast a particularly wary look in the direction of their Elven companion. "We certainly have no use for Elves."

Then he turned back to the young Trevor. "You, Prince of Ithilien, would be wise to take your party now and depart..."

Kronos

posted 01-22-2003 12:14 AM    
Bendar, the warrior, merely laughed...

"That's the best joke I've heard in a while... now, you've heard his majesty, he wishes to speak with the king..."

Bendar dropped from his steed, and approached the leader of the guard faction...

"...I am the top warrior of the kingdom of Ithilien, this..." He pointed toward Vereiz,"...is my apprentice, followed by the wizard Landi, and... the elf, Kronos of Dolamroth..."

He now came within inches of the guard,"We will meet with your King, even if it comes at a lethal price..."

Feileacan

posted 01-22-2003 02:02 PM    
Feileacan smiled at the Man, so he knows Lord Elrond, she thought.
"I have never worried about the time involved in reaching the city, but i do know the path of which you speak is nearly straight. I agree that it is the best choice for us. Yet we must beware, the soceress has many spies watching her roads."
The elf turned to the horse and whispered soothingly to him in her own tongue, sending the gelding back to the Keep with a gentle word. Then hurrying over to Arandil's side she added, "We should hurry, and keep our guards up."

E'rae Velic

posted 01-22-2003 07:40 PM    
E'rae sat still for a moment, finaly he rose placing a light glance at his companion, giving a brief nodd he turned and whistled into the night, waiting a moment while the wonderful silvery-black beast came to his side.

He gave the great unicorn a gentle pat, whispering his thanks to it before turning again to his companion, "i will take news the the king... I am unsure if i will find my way back to you... take care in your journies, we will meet again should the tree's will it."

then he hoped upon the great mount which was provided, taking a moment to catch his barrings, for he was not one of the most trained horsment in middle earth, and this was indeed much more then a horse...

then, after but another moment, he was off..

L'Endriel

posted 01-22-2003 10:19 PM    
L'Endriel peered into the shadows of the forest as Velic rode back to the elven encampment on his mount. After he had disappeared, L'Endriel sat down on a nearby log.

And then there was one...

Somehow, he had known that it would come to this. A great choice would be put before him, but he knew not what. Now he knew. Three wouldn't have been nearly enough to overpower the guards of the dungeon and free Talasti, even if he was indeed lightly guarded. If there was any hope in freeing Talasti, more manpower would be necessary. L'Endriel was no captain of war, but that was pretty obvious. Since there was no manpower available, the prudent choice would be to wait for the others.

Unless, of course, he decided to pursue a different strategy.

Stealth might work. Now that he was alone, he would have the ability to pass off as a man. L'Endriel looked down at his garb and smirked. He was dressed a bit differently from the elves, and had twin hatchets at the sides of his legs.

Yes, he would pass off as a man.

Travel if you will to save a mere one...Eirianna had said. L'Endriel gritted his teeth. He knew that this "mere one" was suffering, and suffering alone. He knew that when alone, the suffering only multiplied, and hope gave way to despair.

L'Endriel mounted the unicorn without hesitation and began to ride. He did not know how far Talasti had regressed while rotting in prison, but he knew that sooner or later, everyone had their breaking point. Time was of the essence. He bid his steed to ride faster.

[ 01-22-2003 10:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by L'Endriel ]

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-23-2003 01:14 PM    
The lead guard's look darkened with the cocky warrior's final words. He turned and cast an even darker look at the elf.
My, my. How VERY convenient.

His grip on his sword tightened. "Our king has been found dead in the night." he started, then eyeing the elf once more as he continued. "His death was by an Elven arrow."

The squad of guards under his lead picked up on the implication. They tightened their circle about the unwanted guests. "How convenient your arrival then is. If you wish to become enemies of Taunderon, by all means, continue to press onward. If you wish to leave in one piece, however, you would be advised to depart as I have commanded your fool prince..."

[ 01-23-2003 01:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Eirianna

posted 01-23-2003 02:35 PM    
The Daughter of the Moon drew back from the silvery pool she had been consulting during her self-imposed exile from family and friend, duty and keep. A frown creased her features into darkness, a darkness touched with steadily increasing worry. Gently, as if not willing to recognize the images therein, she reached out a slender finger and immersed it in the center of the pool of quicksilver. It crept up her finger, strangely not wetting it; the image she viewed merely swirled and seemed to try to encompass her finger now, as if to devour it.

It was an image of a large and hideous being, sitting in the darkness of...

Somewhere.

Somewhere familiar; a place she had seen before, even visited once, a long, long time ago. But try as she might, she could not place that locality.

It was as if it were enchanted somehow, that something was preventing her magicks from informing her of where this vicious looking being was.

Then that image segued into another: a woman, darkly beautiful, smiling the smile of a balrog if indeed such a being ever could. A smile of secret events set into quiet motion, here and there, all leading up to....

Eirianna's eyes widened as she jerked her finger from the pool of mercury.

The King of Gondor kidnapped as a babe, long ago, leaving his kingdom under loose leadership. The King of Taunderon murdered, to all appearances by elven arrow. And the elf who it appeared was being set up for the revenge of man...

...was not yet killed.

Why? True he was but a lad, but for what reason was he not yet destroyed? Was it because he had sought the Ring...? He was young, and naive, and open about it; that was a fact.

Someone else, perhaps, sought the One Ring... and perhaps thought this youth knew something, something which would be enough that he would be kept alive. Or he was being used as a trap, to pull the Elven into war with Man, that one turn against the other and thus weaken each other in the process...

...leaving one lurking in growing strength... One who indeed might be seeking the One Ring?

To then use it for....

Now Eirianna leapt to her feet, filled with growing certainty that she was on the right track. She flew upward, following steps carved first in bedrock, then in tamped-down soil, and finally came into the base of a great and ancient oak. As she came out into its hollow base, she went to the cambrium still in the walls, and reaching out one slender hand laid it on the living wood. She dropped to one knee in reverence.

"Thank you, Grandfather," she murmured softly. Then she rose to her feet and exited the tree, to stand in the deep shadows of Wydde's Wood. A piercing keen escaped her lips; soon she was rewarded as Gorfynt came plunging to answer her call. Above her head, his form camoflagued by the forest's canopy, Hecate circled and screamed.

She leapt lightly aboard the stamping Gorfynt, who quieted long enough to turn his noble head and stare at her in welcome. She smiled briefly, and stroked his neck. Then she straightened, her demeanor growing firm.

"Bring notice to those seeking the lad, my friend!" she called up to Hecate. "I ride to the Keep to inform the King!"

With that the magnificent unicorn upon whose back she was astride reared, whirled upon his hind feet, and took off at a mad run, slaloming through the trees, his hooves pounding the duff beneath them into bits.

Hecate

posted 01-23-2003 02:51 PM    
The wonderful wraith uttered a wild call in reply to the command given to him, and immediately set off. For a bit of time he flew as straight and sure as an elven arrow; then he came to a particular portion of Wydde's Wood where he began circling. 'Round and 'round he flew, the circles widening until he was following an arc over a mile in diameter. This then shrunk into one less than one-fourth its size. All the while his wild call pierced the air, seeking attention, offering information, bidding those below pay heed to his warning and follow.

Kronos

posted 01-23-2003 05:34 PM    
A smile crossed Bendar's features,"...that's all I needed to hear..."

The twelve guards were ready, with their hands on the hilts of their swords, it did not matter...

Bendar bull-rushed the main guard, knocking him on his back... before the two guards on opposite sides of the guard that had fallen had a chance to unsheathe their swords, Bendar took them down as well; one of them receiving the hilt of Bendar's sword to his temple, and the other his closed fist...

Vereiz leapt from his horse, pinning a guard near the rear, knocking him out and parrying another guards attack...

Landi, the wizard, threw two guards near the front to the ground with his staff...

With his Lothlorian bow, Kronos was able to disable five guards from atop his steed... hitting three in their digits, and the other two in the hand itself...

With all of the guards incapacitated, Bendar and Vereiz took their weapons and bounded their hands...

"...it's been too long..." Bendar said with warriors' pride... they mounted their beasts... "...Forward! on to the interior gate..." he ordered the guards...

They marched, not knowing what awaited them at the main gate...

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-24-2003 11:35 PM    
The cue of a Ringwraith nearby pierced the current thought-processes of Adra, drawing her to the fact that there was yet another nearby who sought the Ring; so close, in fact, that he had entered the gates of the city...

Adra looked to the defiantly quiet Talasti, and snorted. "You are not so brave as even I had thought," she smirked. "You aren't worth the time."

Then she turned her eyes to her crystal, commanding it to show her the visions the Ringwraith had seen. In that crystal appeared the image of a couple of warriors, one who appeared to be a wizard, a young and somehow regally attired young man...

...and an elf.

Adra placed the tip of her right index finger to her lips as she thought. Then she watched the progress of these "visitors" only from her chambers, sensing that an opportunity of sorts was about to arise for her to use...

[ 01-24-2003 11:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Kronos

posted 01-25-2003 06:52 PM    
"You, on the wall... open the gate, or watch your fellow guardsmen die... slowly..." Bendar bellowed...

"We are being watched..." Kronos said aloud, although almost to himself...

"Of course, they know we're here [i]now..." Bendar answered back...

"That's not what he meant, prepare yourselves, something wicked this way comes..." Landi said, sending a chill down the spine of young Prince Trevor...

"I shall meet up with you, if you find yourselves within the interior..."Kronos said, before seeming to disappear into thin air...

Kronos took his twin elven short swords from their resting place, between his back and his quiver... He started to climb the castle wall, using his swords as makeshift climbing tools...

Meanwhile

The rest of the group awaited the gate to open...

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-25-2003 09:17 PM    
Even as Adra continued her watch of unfolding events, her look blackened as the group pressed on and she sensed the approach of another who would be so bold as to seek the Ring. She knew not why they had then come to this kingdom if it was the Ring they sought--

--nor did she care. One thing was certain though, and that was that she didn't wish to deal with yet another fool who wanted that blessed Ring; one was quite enough.

Even as the shadows of the night began to fall once more, Adra stood from her perch next to her crystal and stepped onto the balcony of her chambers, staff in hand. Her eyes darkened further as cues from one of her ever-faithful Ringwraiths informed her of the Prince's location, seeming to somehow beg her for allowance to go to him and drag him into the Hellish depths of non-death where all Ringwraiths dwelt.

She smiled wickedly. Not this time. This one is mine.

Reaching out then with her staff, Adra aimed it for a particularly storm-filled cloud hovering in the air above, channeling her dark magicks then through her staff to charge particles within the cloud. Then she sent those charged particles downward, and they sparked with electric fury into four bolts of lightning directed straight for the unsuspecting Prince and his companions, eeriely not even touching the Taunderon guards. As the bolts disappated...

...left in their wake were the dead bodies of the wizard, the two warriors, and the Prince.

Kronos

posted 01-26-2003 12:07 AM    
Near the top, Kronos climbed the last few feet and easily pulled himself over...

He couldn't be seen... so rather than attract attention by taking unnecessary lives, he carefully made his way to the gate controls...

The guard watched as the lever seemingly moved on its own...

The gates opened, granting access to whomever awaited...

Arandil

posted 01-27-2003 04:06 PM    
An hour of following the path had passed, then Arandil and Feileacan finally arrived Taunderon. The journey would have been quicker had the two adventurers not have to go through the trouble of avoiding guard outposts and watch towers extending outside nearby villages. Stealth moving amongst the trees was also used to avoid patrols.

I wonder why there are so many troops? Its almost like their at war... Arandil wondered.

The ranger had not spoken to the elf for the entire trip, afraid of revealing too much of his quest. It is not Feileacan that worries him though; the spies of this "sorceress" whom she spoke of were. The ranger badly wanted to ask her about that...

Don't ask, don't tell. Best to wait until we find the King's daughter before I ask anything...

Within moments, they arrived to the walls of Taunderon and the main gate. Arandil squinted his eyes to get a better look.

"Odd," he began, interrupting a silence that had followed him for a long time, "A group of men, with their hands bound behind them I think, are marching into the gate."

A strong stench filled the air he was breathing and Arandil turned away. The smell was disgusting. It seemed a cross between wood burning, rusting metal, and dried blood. The ranger realized it was coming from the gate.

Arandil stepped forward with his arm covering his mouth and face as he searched the gate...

He stepped back and walked to Feileacan. "There are bodies...four I think...with their skin burnt. I have no idea what to make of it..."

The ranger became unsure whether it was a wise idea to come to Taunderon at all.

[ 01-27-2003 07:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Arandil ]

Hecate

posted 01-27-2003 05:53 PM    
The air whistled through a somehow majestic combination of hair and feathers as Hecate rushed through the skies. Beneath him, the rich green canopy of Wydde's Wood formed what appeared to be an impenetrable green carpet of sorts. The wood's wraith knew such was but an illusion created out of the density of the lush foliage, and his distance above it. Even the thickest lawn of grass contains tiny creatures which scrabble and go about their daily routines in its depths; Wydde's Wood was nothing other than that, only on a much larger scale.

Well he knew there were those who continued on the path they had chosen, a path momentarily departed from by the Daughter of the Moon, who he had befriended. Now bringing his powerful wings in more closely to his body, he stooped earthward, the whistle of the wind now a hurricane in his ears, the clear nicitating membranes sliding down over his eyes to prevent them from drying out in his great dive. Down and down he went, until scarcely five feet from the top of the tallest tree he snapped out his wings, converting the dive into a great and swooping arc. He arrowed along the treetops, crying out again; then with but one or two flaps of his wings he headed sunward once more, up into the freedom of the sky.

One more time he circled the position where he knew the others were... or at least were nearby to it. Then he let out a final piercing cry...

...and turned round to go back to Moon's Keep, to let his friend know that those following the path to Taunderon had chosen to heed his warning not.

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-27-2003 10:34 PM    
Adra was not unaware that the main gate had been opened. But, for the moment, she waited, her moves always careful and delibrate. Even as she watched, the Taunderon guards roared in anger as the startled guardsman on the wall moved to close the gate once more. Meanwhile the others began trying to find the one who had opened the gate...

....the one who would dare disturb the bare remainders of the day which the kingdom was spending in mourning of a lost king. Even as she watched she knew what would happen next. The lead guard at the main gate rallied his men and unbound the hostages. Then he sent messengers out to other factions of the Taunderon guard to watch even more carefully for tresspassers. Still, they could not find the one who had opened the gate...

...but Adra knew exactly who had. For of the group of tresspassers which she had just killed, there was yet one missing. The elf, who no doubt was a bearer of an elven cloak which would protect him from the eyes of the guards. She watched even as the lead guard scanned the wall of the gate, his look shifting from one of puzzlement to one of understanding to one of complete anger.

He knew.

Adra smiled wicked even as she continued to keep an eye on the progressing events.

”Elven cloak!” the lead gaurd then snarled, actually drawing his sword, suspicion clouding his eyes. ”Who dares...!?” he then seethed, his men all gathering behind him with their own swords drawn, prepared to move in at the command.

At her crystal, Adra yet watched, her look tinged with...

...satisfaction.

She, as well as the Taunderon guards, merely waited...

[ 01-27-2003 10:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Feileacan

posted 01-29-2003 06:03 PM    
Feileacan though hard befoer she spoke,
"The gate will be too heavily guarded to pass, especially as it seems someone else already has, and failed. But there should be another way in, more secret, hidden. A water source or the like in case of seige. There is an underground river and plenty of wells feed off it in the city. But the Soceress probably guards that too..." Her voice trailed off as she slipped back in to thought.

Arandil

posted 01-30-2003 02:51 PM    
That sorceress again...

Arandil nodded, the thought still on his mind.

"Its probably the only chance we have. The guards on the wall seem to be occupied with something. They won't spot us if we move quickly along the river bank."

The ranger searched for a stream leading inside...and spotted one a few yards away. Arandil and Feileacan moved through the forest until they reached the flowing river. From there they followed it, under cover of darkness, into a tunnel...

"Tell me," Arandil said in a low voice to the elf. "Has anything happened to Taunderon that has caused its army to be so alert?"

Adra Slavonic

posted 01-31-2003 12:41 PM    
For some length of time Adra simply stared into the depths of her crystal watching the Taunderon guards even as they struggled vainly to find the one who dared open the main gate. They did not succeed; in but a little while the Captain of the guard gave orders to one of his men. That man departed immediately towards the castle, and Adra had to smile as she knew where he was probably headed. She simply continued to watch the depths of her crystal then, even as its scene began to shift to another, responding to cues coming from one of her demonic minions watching the darker regions of the kingdom. In the depths of the crystal shone the water tunnels of Taunderon, where a female elf and a man were sneaking into the kingdom, their faces concerned. And Adra knew she’d seen that female before...

She was one of the two elven women the demon had attacked in the woods of Moon’s Keep...

Adra frowned, then snorted disdainfully, knowing that this had to be the “rescue team” for the young Talasti. Either the elves in that village were foolish enough to not see a Ringwraith and a message seared in evil as a threat, or someone was acting against the advice of others more wise. Adra figured the second, for she somehow sensed the strength and wisdom of that other female elf...

...the one who had the power to blind her demons...

Adra was interrupted from these thoughts when there came a knock at her chamber doors. Pulling herself from her crystal, she stood and floated to the door gracefully, opening it to reveal the guard. He opened his mouth to tell her of what had happened at the gate, but she rose a hand to hush him. “I know of your troubles at the main gate,” she said soothingly. “Tell the Captain that it will do him little good to continue seeking the elf; he has probably already used his trickery to get safely within our walls or perhaps even has fled after discovering his companion’s untimely demise. Even with my magicks I cannot say where he is, nor do I know what it is that he seeks if it is here he remains.”

She paused at that then, pursing her lips thoughtfully, the look on her face implying nothing but concern. But inside she was simply gleeful, in an evil sort of way of course, for a wicked idea was coming to her mind. “Strange that an elf should be travelling with men...” she then added, seeing the rising concern in the guard’s eyes. Then she added, “Even now I have also become aware that a female elf and another man are sneaking into our kingdom through our waterways.”

The guard looked alarmed for a fraction of a second, then polished it off into a look of mild concern. "Shall we intercept them, my lady?” he asked.

Adra nodded, the look on her face implying that she regretted having to do so. “I’m afraid you must. But capturing others will only lead the elves of Moon’s Keep to send more to oppose us and weaken our defenses, now that they have murdered our king. After all, they sent this one,” she said, waving at the chained Talasti, “They have sent these others now sneaking in via the waterway...and perhaps they even had a hand in what has happened at the gate, for I know not of any other elf folk who would disturb us.”

She quieted at that, watching as anger gelled in the depths of the guard’s eyes. She had to fight the wicked smile, knowing her plans were proceeding perfectly. “Do you suggest that we take more... aggressive actions against this meddling and murderous elf?” the guard then queried.

Adra’s icy blue eyes met his. “Yes, my friend. We must. Now go, and tell the Captain of the Guard I wish to speak with him. Also make certain to send a squad out after the interlopers in the waterway. Time is key.”

The guard bowed respectfully. “Yes my lady, at once.”

With this he turned and departed hurriedly...so hurriedly, in fact, that he didn’t even note the wicked smile that had finally risen on Adra’s face. Discord between elf and man was beginning, and would soon lead to discord among men if Adra played her cards just right.

Her evil plans were at last bearing fruit...

[ 01-31-2003 12:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Feileacan

posted 01-31-2003 08:50 PM    
Feileacan considered his question for a moment, "I have not heard of any trouble, but it could be recent, since my last voyage out this way.... I do not know. But we should be extra cautious, I sense we are being watched."

She looked over and smiled at him, well no one had said this would be easy.

Talasti

posted 01-31-2003 09:06 PM    
I stood there..

Yep, I pretty much stood there in silence, I found mental tranquility and verbal hush to be the way of life in such hectic enviroments. It was as of now that I couldn't manage myself, every second she, Adra Slavonic: an sadistic being of uncomprehendable savagery, had a sneer of confidence. At times it even was directed to me which only angered me so much more than I had been angered me so, yet I controlled myself sustaining an expression of lull.

Yet my verbal mental incarceration was slipping at every moment and at times I thought I would explode to expose every edge of anger, instead of intelligently composing myself.

Many things angered me but they were scrambled and unanswerable by even my emotions. I just wandered around them in the void of my mind attempting to clasp them with and intelligent perspective, but that didn't help. They were simple questions that challenged the views, but when challenging yourself their was always a long tide of meditation.

The questions where:

1. Am I angry at the beautiful lady for the root of the altercation or the woman before me?

2. Is it me that is falling further into darkness or this inhuman being?

The list went on and on, but I still couldn't answer it, but maybe if I heard myself say them outloud, just maybe the thought process could change.

"Adra--" I said, my words aiming for her attention though my pause was only momentarily it was not a hesitant of fear by her face that turned to see me.

"Do you believe that I--an elf of such youth to be falling to darkness quicker than the plans that you accumilate, or is it that you hold greater darkness than even I can comprehened?" The statement was delivered cunningly without even a stutter betweein my words, I had assured myself of that with a recall of them in my head only seconds after I spoke them.

It was in the silence of the room that led me to gaze at her deepily, my red fox orbs reaching for her soul to grasp it's very intentions, but I was too short and she was too evil to touch even spirtually.

[ 01-31-2003 09:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Talasti ]

Arandil

posted 01-31-2003 10:37 PM    
Arandil opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it. The ranger finally heard them...beyond the water dripping down from the tunnel and the rats floating about. There was a collection of small, yet slow moving splashes gradually getting closer to them. He also noticed an increasing number of rats scurrying away from the noise.

Arandil frowned, embarrassed for these recruits.

They HAVE to be recruits if they're moving through the water wearing armor on their legs.

Arandil only made a half smile to Feileacan in an attempt to reassure her.

"They're probably as foolish as they are reckless." he said as they continued walking their way through the ankle-high water.

Before long, Arandil and Feileacan reached three tunnels, one going straight ahead and the others left and right. He stopped as two men, dressed in mail armour, emerged from the tunnel in front of them. Two more guards came out of the other tunnels, but did not advance on them. All except one were armed with spears.

Again, Arandil frowned at the ambush.

No wonder I couldn't figure out where they were going...they seperated.

The captain in front of them, holding a sword unlike the others, stepped forward. He pointed the blade at Arandil.

"Surrender your weapons," he stated, "And we will let you live. We will try and make your punishment as lenient as possible."

The ranger, who hadn't even touched his sword yet, nodded towards the elf. "What about her?"

The captain looked at Feileacan and his face flushed red with anger. "She...IT...will never leave this place. Her kind has dealt us a horrific blow and we will have justice!"

The ranger looked at the man quizzically. "What has happened? What have the Elves done to earn such hatred?"

The guard looked and nearly spat at him as he shouted. "They killed our King!"

Arandil moved fast and gripped the spear of one of the guards of the left tunnel. He tried to yank it from him, but he still held a grip and was pulled forward. The ranger punched the man across the face, then struck the other guard in the forehead with the blunt end of the spear.

During this time, the captain was only able to give a surprised expression on his still-red face.

Arandil dropped the spear and unsheathed his sword. "Keep them alive." he said to Feileacan. "And leave the loudmouth awake. I have some questions that need answering..."

Gildur

posted 01-31-2003 11:39 PM    
The King stared at the moon-disc, his expression growing somber. Once again that shimmering mercuric surface rippled, the images within fading away for a moment, then returning to replay themselves.

At length he sighed, and raised his head. Eirianna stared back at him, her clear gray eyes troubled.

"It would indeed appear that there is great and surreptitious evil present, my daughter," he said at length, waving his hand toward the disc. "I too find this greatly disturbing, that a prince of man has long been taken... and now a king of man has been murdered, and his death contrived to appear fabricated by Elven hand.

"We have been approached by man to give aid regarding this prince... and I could assist not. Now the King of Taunderon..." He waved once more toward the disk.

"Indeed, it is as you suggest. It would appear that someone is setting man against elven... and the only reason I can think this might be designed is to weaken them both, as you say."

Now he paused, and turned away from his daughter, another wave of his hand indicating he was through with the vision her moon-disc had shown him. She let forth a small sigh, and took it in her hand, letting the silvery substance which had filled it absorb into her hand before replacing it about her neck. Still not speaking, she quietly waited her father's edict.

For surely one was forthcoming.

Gildur strode again to the great arched window, and gazed out upon the quiet beauty of Wydde's Wood. However, all he could see were the shadowy images of the warriors of man, their hands full of weaponry and fire, their harsh cries filling the quiet shadows as they came in hordes to attack the Keep.

This simply could not be allowed.

He turned and faced Eirianna.

"By Elven magicks, and under the protection of the Ents, we shall withdraw from the sight of Man," he at last said heavily. Clearly this was not a choice he was making lightly; much there was that elven had learned from man, and much could man receive in turn from the tutorage of the elven.

"I will not allow my people to be drawn into a war they do not deserve. I shall protect our own."

Eirianna

posted 02-01-2003 02:19 AM    
The only indication of the distress Eirianna felt at hearing her father's words was the tilting of her head. For a moment she remained thus, looking down upon the stones of the floor, her flaxen hair falling to hide her features, as a chill colder than winter's bite rippled up and down her back. But when she raised her head, her eye was once more clear, her expression controlled.

"What of the boy, and the noble E'rae?" she asked of length. "As well as the one I chose as brother? Are we to forget them too? Are we to hide away, and leave them to whatever dire fate awaits them at the hands of man?

"And in regard to man," she went on, abruptly changing track. "What of this lost prince? Perhaps if we can assist in finding him, the men of Taunderon would see the possibility that their own king was not felled by Elven hand. It is not logical to strike against one, and give effort to benefit the other."

She paused a moment, considering, sniffing a bit to see the brief fire that flashed in her father's eyes. For though he loved his daughter dearly, he was King of the Elven, and once an edict had been declared he would have none gainsay it.

She ignored the look, and straightened before him.

"Father," she said softly but with that firmness the mighty oak maintains against the gale. "I would return along the path I had taken. I shall use the magick of which I have been blessed with understanding, as well as my own ability with the bow, and shall join with those who seek the lad and who would stand before that evil which creeps like mists among the autumn trees."

She stood tall and silent before him, unspeaking then, until she saw the slight change in his attitude and in his eye. He bowed his agreement, then, and lifted a warning hand to her.

She knew full well what that meant.

"It is understood, Father," she replied in a quiet voice. "I shall not gain entry into Moon's Keep again...

"...until the goals I have set out to take have been reached, and man and elven are reconciled."

With that she stepped forward and wrapped her arms about Gildur in a tight embrace, holding him as though she might never see him again. For indeed, this was something even her magicks could not tell her at the moment.

His returning grip seemed to reach out to prevent her from leaving as she finally backed away a bit. Then, kissing her father on the cheek, she abruptly whirled about and strode out of his Great Hall, soon coming to her rooms where she adorned herself with a travelling cloak and her personal bow and quiver of arrows. Going to a drawer, she took out an embroidered bag, which she fastened upon the sash that bound her slender waist.

Then she departed from the Keep, calling out for Gorfynt as she went. And even as she leapt upon his broad and powerful back, to flee the outer walls of the Keep, even though she kept her eyes focused straight upon the path which twined amidst the trees ahead of them, she could yet feel the very wood cry out in anguish when Moon's Keep and all those within it suddenly slipped into the shadows behind her....

Never to be found by man again -- or indeed, by her -- until the mysterious evil threatening Middle Earth had been successfully thwarted.

The call of the ever-circling Hecate alive in her ears, the warmth of Gorfynt's hide beneath her, she lifted her face and urged her mount to a gallop. Behind her was nothing but trees and shadows and a strange sense of emptiness which only made her heart grow heavy in her breast, and made the creatures of Wydde's Wood cry out in secret pain.

[ 02-01-2003 02:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-01-2003 11:25 AM    
Adra whirled on the young Talasti as he spoke. She shot out a long and slender index finger and pointed it at him. “You seek the Ring, and that is an evil within itself. Either you will join me...

...or you will die here. For though you may desire the One Ring....

...you lack the power to wield it. And if you did have the power to wield it...”

She trailed, her look darkening into a promise of death. As if on cue to that, her crystal responded once more to the sights her minions were taking in throughout Middle Earth, and particularly one region of Middle Earth which Adra had taken great interest in. In the view of that crystal shone the image of a flaxen-haired elven woman whom Adra was beginning to recognize well...

...and was beginning to hate with every fiber of her being. That elven woman was astride a great and mighty unicorn and was headed...

Adra’s eyes grew even darker. She turned from the depths of her crystal to Talasti once more. “You will assist me, whether it is your choice or not. Even now your “friends” come, but they come not for you...” she paused, sensing the fall of Wydde’s Wood into shadow. “...they come merely to protect themselves, and they would not stand for one such as you seeking the One Ring regardless of what they may claim. With me...” she again smiled wickedly, “You will have a power that they cannot even fathom, that they will never hold. For I will control them all...”

As Arandil and the Feileacan began to take on the Taunderon guards rather boldly, the eyes of the demon flared into brillant life in a certain sort of demonic...

...amusement. The female elf seemed to somehow sense the watching eyes, but Arandil either did not or paid it no heed. The move was foolish on his part. Even as he whirled on the Captain of the Guards, his face quizzical yet firey, a demonic screech suddenly filled the air, certainly defeaning any who was near, even the Taunderon guard. Before those ears could recover, the demon stepped out of the shadows in the form of a black and inky shadow of evil. The waterways suddenly fell into an abnormal chill, sending shivers of evil down the back of the ranger and the elf. The Tuanderon guards...

...were strangely unaffected by this. Even as that shadow of evil descended upon Feileacan and Arandil and caused them confusion...

...the Taunderon guard recovered from the initial shock and moved in, their eyes firey with anger at Arandil’s foolish attack. The Captain of the Guard took the still-surprised Arandil off-guard and placed his sword parallel to the ground and under Arandil’s chin, holding it tightly to his throat and therefore holding him in place against the wall of the particular water tunnel they stood in. His eyes pierced the ranger’s. “You are an ally of THEM!” he seethed.

Even as he did so, the shadow of evil that was the demon fell upon the waterways once more, pinning the two intruders in place. Some of the Tuanderon guards took Feileacan with little difficulty. “Take her to the castle!” the captain ordered. Even as those guards began dragging Feileacan along, the Captain then turned his eyes back to the ranger, who was still pinned to the wall, the chill of evil still looming like a shadow about them. “What reason do I have to keep you alive, you puppet of Elves?” he growled then fell silent, waiting for a reply.

Talasti

posted 02-01-2003 12:54 PM    
I had no answers for this devilish being, her perspective was only phased by her own evil. She was persuading me to do something I'd never wish or even have in my dreams of darkness, but why did I subconsciously believe her?

Was it that in truth I was what she believed I was or was it that I felt sadistic and evil for the fact that I brought those to rescue me in a situation that could injure them? I simply frowned in reply and continued on a trip of silence. Placing my head down and my eyes closed my mental ability focused on tranquility so I once could be at peace with self to find that this darkness was not me.

I knew it wasn't and I knew she did too...

She's just an evil being who uses wizardy..

Arandil

posted 02-01-2003 01:49 PM    
The ranger was still shocked from what just happened, but showed none of this surprise in his face. Questions filled his mind over the creature that had assaulted them, yet left the guardsmen alone. He also wondered what will happen to Feileacan, but his training had taught him to concentrate on the situation before hand.

That being the guard and the sword against my throat...

Arandil pondered the man's question, uncertain over what the answer should be.

If I do not speak he will kill me anyway.

The ranger looked into the guard's eyes, saw the rage barely being held back, then looked at the shadow behind him...already shaping itself into a dark cloud.

Arandil realized what must be done. He must now show the evil that has descended upon Taunderon that he does not fear it, and to show the courage that lies dormant in the hearts of the Men of Middle Earth. He looked to the guard...

"I am Arandil, son of Arungvir, Chieftain of the Dunedain."

Then he shifted his eyes to the darkness that gathered before him, sensing the demon staring back.

"Descedant of the House of Isildur. Heir to the Throne of Gondor. My title is recognized by the Steward of Gondor and if I am slain, he will bring war to Taunderon while you fight with the Elves."

Arandil glared at the demon while waiting for a response...

Kronos

posted 02-01-2003 10:40 PM    
The guards had no chance, before they could realize from which direction the bombardment of seemingly endless arrows rained down on them, there were none left standing... aside from the elvish woman, Feileacan...

Kronos had found himself walking into this scene while looking for another route his party might use to enter the Castle walls...

Camped out against a near by stairwell, he blended against the sewer wall and took out the guards...

Kronos approached Feileacan carefully,"Why do you enter through the sewers?"

He awaited her reply...

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 02-04-2003 09:44 PM    
Night had fallen on Taunderon, making it the perfect cover for Ulfhak and two of his supporters. They easily scaled the mighty walls of the kingdom with amazing dexterity. The quick run across the courtyard to the keep was also kept under darkness before the orcs scaled the walls, again, to reach an open window to climb through.

Ulfhak the Scourge could still sense "it"...the cloud in his mind...the thing that keeps calling him even from his sleep. As he led his army south to conquer Taunderon, he still felt the calling. His troops were now a day's march from the kingdom of Man...but Ulfhak couldn't wait. He must find it!

The guards' boots echoed the hallways of the keep...while the rotting shoes and sandals the orcs wore barely made a noise as they scuttled their way through.

Eventually they reached a chamber, richly decorated...with a dark, shadowy feel to it.

Ulfhak crept silently into the keep...the noises in his head were turning to whispers. The orc saw an elf, standing there bound by chains, but before him was an ugly (from an Orc's point of view) human female, wearing a black suit.

It was then that the whispering turned into a voice. It was loud enough to seem it was coming from right next to Ulfhak, and carried with it a sinister tone. It echoed in his ears and head as he heard it.

"Her name is Adra Slavonic, a sorceress. She is my lieutenant as you are my champion, Ulfhak...the Scourge of the Iron Hills."

Ulfhak would have dropped to his knees and whimpered had the voice not frozen him in place. Not just him either; the two other orcs were just as petrified. They knew who was speaking, the only one who had the power to stop them from breathing so they could hear him clearly.

The Dark Lord himself...Sauron.

"I have sent you to aid her in the search for a lost possession of mine. Submit to her as you have submitted to me. Do not fail me, Ulfhak."

Then he was gone. Ulfhak felt air enter his lungs, and he heard his two supporters inhaling again.

It is his will, and my duty to never question it. he thought.

Ulfhak stepped closer to Adra and bowed his head. The other two orcs did likewise.

"The Army of the Iron Hills is at your command, my Lady. What are your orders?"

Eirianna

posted 02-05-2003 12:29 AM    
Gorfynt's hooves pounded the dirt beneath them into loam as he careered through Wydde's Woods, each powerful impact crushing twig and clod and sending them flying in a flurrious spray in his wake. Eirianna hunkered closely over his withers, his luxurious mane mingling with her own locks, the smell of his hide and sweat alive in her nostrils as she maintained an easy seat, streamlining herself so as not to disturb the rhythm of his stride.

On and on they flew until at length the darkness about them seemed to lighten a fraction; with a brief snort the spotted unicorn came to a halt at the edge of Wydde's Wood and stood dancing and jigging, his breath steaming out into the cool night air. The Daughter of the Moon reached out a soft hand to steady him, then moved that hand and reached into the bag hanging from her waist. From it she drew forth a mushroom cap and some dried leaves; she crumbled the leaves and sprinkled them into the cap. This she held up toward the sliver of moon which so scarcely lightened the woods, and watched with a clear, calm gaze as those barely-there motes came down in a dancing swirl to play in the cup-shaped piece. She let them gambol therein for a moment, then made a sign above the cap. The motes quieted, then swirled about to form an image.

Eirianna's eyes darkened to smoke as she watched the images coalesce.

So, that one coming to us, and who now travels with Feileacan, is a prince... as is another one, but one of elven blood she mused as she watched the events unfold. And into that growing darkness comes more: an orc brings dire promise of assistance.

Yet nowhere in those sparkling swirls came there information of her chosen brother or the noble elf from her own Keep. She frowned, wondering as to their absence, and straightened with a sigh. The young Talasti was still prisoner; it was for his sake that she had returned after bringing information of dark designs to her father. But those she had returned to join appeared to have disappeared... and others had then popped into being in their stead.

She sat atop the shivering Gorfynt, mulling a course of action. Truly, a bold entry would not be the best thing she could do. Then a thought struck her.

Raising her eyes from the scenes in the mushroom cap, she now raised a hand as well and made a sign in the air. After a few moments, a ghostly shadow came fluttering to her: a luna moth. It settled on her outreached hand with a gentle shimmy of it's minty wings, it's feathery antenna waving in delicate acknowledgment of her summons.

"Fly hence and inform the fey Prince that I am here on the outskirts of Wydde's Wood, and would join with them in the retrieval of the young Talasti," she beseeched the insect. "I thank you for your help."

With that she lifted her hand yet higher and set the moth on its fluttering way. It headed in a zig-zag course directly to the kingdom of Taunderon, where it came to a tickling landing on the cheek of the elven Prince. Securing a strong foothold, it quietly whispered what Eirianna had asked directly into his ear.

[ 02-05-2003 12:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Kronos

posted 02-05-2003 06:08 PM    
Talasti??

Outskirts of Wydde's Wood?

retrieval???

Something else, beyond the party's absence, was happening in the kingdom of Taunderon... and Kronos welcomed the mystery with open arms...

He came now, even closer to Feileacan,"Why is it you come here... is it for... Talasti..."

He again, waited...

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-05-2003 10:13 PM    
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiisildur!!! came the quiet but very distinctive hiss of a certain Ringwraith suddenly attracted to the scene where the Captain of the Guard and the Ranger were at a seeming standstill.

Iiiiiiiiiisildur!!! it hissed yet once more, then falling into a deathly silence.

The information regarding Arandil’s lineage then travelled along a link forged in evil between the Ringwraith and Adra, almost immediately flashing on the crystal before the eyes of the Orc and the Sorceress, and perhaps the young Talasti as well.

Adra’s look didn’t betray a hint of the slightest emotion during all of this. But she did take one step forward towards her crystal in a certain sort of...

...anticipation.

She couldn’t help it. Isildur was the last to bear the One Ring before it was lost, so perhaps this supposed heir knew something of its current whereabouts. If not, however, Adra had other reasons for having a particular interest with this Heir to the Gondor throne...

...and none of those reasons were particularly pleasant. She was well aware that the true Heir to the Throne was missing, for she had played a role in his sudden disappearance while he was just an infant...

Adra directed her icy blue eyes towards the Orc, barely withholding a burning desire to go forth and find out what this Ranger possibly knew. Likewise there was a burning desire within her to seek one other out, one who just might have powers that could thwart the Sorceress from her ultimate goal...

Which, of course, would simply not do.

She pointed to her crystal, whereupon the image of the Captain of the Guards and Arandil froze in place. “To prove your loyalty to me, you shall go and retrieve this Ranger from the waterways and then bring him to me in tact, for he may have vital information concerning something I am most interested in. Go and waste no time, for there are other matters which demand my attention, and soon. There shall be no one who will stand in the way of my goals; no Ranger, no Orc, nor any elf...”

[ 02-05-2003 10:16 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Kronos

posted 02-06-2003 01:18 AM    
"Danger still lies near..." Kronos whispered to the female Elf...

He slowly came to a near by bend in the tunnel, Feileacan close behind... peering down the passageway, he saw a guard holding a man against the side wall... also, a being drowning in blackness, seeming to wait in anticipation...

Without hesitation, Kronos took up his bow...

A mithril arrow found it's self lodged into the guard's upper shoulder, causing him to instantly drop his sword...

Writhing in pain, the guard fell unconscious...

The wraith now approached the man... Kronos quickly took two more arrows from his quiver, enchanting them with elven magics... they ignited in flame...

With the ringwraith ablaze, Kronos charged with the grace of an Elven Prince... His short swords ready for melee combat...

Kronos, Feileacan, a shaken-up Arandil, and fire now battled the ringwraith...

Death could not come to this wraith, but Kronos would wait out it's patience...

[ 02-06-2003 01:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-06-2003 11:18 AM    
Even as Adra's orders were spoken and the Orc turned to carry those orders out, fires began to blaze in the depths of her crystal. Likewise as she watched did a fire begin to blaze in the depths of her otherwise icy blues. They darkened with that blaze.

"Wait," she ordered the Orc in but a whisper, extending one arm and holding out her hand to place emphasis upon the whispered word. For Adra was now keenly aware that there was another elf present in the picture, if not only for the fact that enchanted arrows had momentarily thwarted her Ringwraith. Even as the Ringwraith began to shriek, others of its kind began to gather in an effort to retaliate...

...but they heard the orders of their Mistress as well.

Wait, my servants.

She finally cast her icy blues towards the Orc. "Strange that those seeking my young prisoner would resist capture, if capture would bring them closer to him. How foolishly they play into my designs..."

She grinned demonically then, sending her final order to her dark minions. In the blink of but an eye, all the Ringwraiths and Demons at her command simply vanished from the waterways, leaving only the wounded Captain of the Guards, the remainder of his men, and the three interlopers.

Adra was most interested in what they would now choose to do...

...for she had plans of her own...

Eirianna

posted 02-06-2003 01:58 PM    
The quiet little moth seemed to wait in expectation, clinging to Kronos' cheek through the sudden melee... a period of time which was tiny in the eyes of man and elf but astronomical from the viewpoint of an insect. Finally, when all had settled somewhat, it fluttered it's exotic wings, trembling there on the plane of Kronos' cheek...

...and finally lifted off in a tiny whirlwind of its own making. It flew up in a looping arc, circled once about the heads of those it had approached, then shot off in a direct line away from them. This line soon degraded to the up and down zig-zag flight it normally followed; another period of time passed before it came to a landing on the Moon Daughter's palm.

She frowned at the silence it maintained.

"There is no reply?" she queried of the insect. The moth remained silent, merely flapping its wings slowly in the shadows of the forest's edge where they were hidden.

Eirianna pursed her lips, and wandered to where Gorfynt was standing in silence of his own. The faithful unicorn nickered softly to acknowledge her presence, then quieted as she began stroking his neck with her free hand. On the palm of her other hand, the luna moth yet waited.

"I find the lack of communication strange to say the least, if not troublesome," she whispered at length. Although she seemed to be staring off into the shadowy woods, the vision of sorceress and orc and imprisoned elf and murdered king danced in her eyes.

"Did you pass knowledge of their immediate adversaries?"

The wings of the luna seemed to droop at this.

A soft smile came across Eirianna's features. "You followed explicitly what I had directed; it is my error that more information was not given. Please, I beg of you, return to Taunderon. Inform the fey Prince and the heir to Gondor, indeed, and the elven Feileacan, what indeed they are truly up against. Let all know of my being here, waiting. I dare not make a bold entry into the kingdom without prospect of aid from within. But night soon shall fade, and in the light the darkness they battle shall fade somewhat as well.

"Then go ye hence to the young elven, Talasti, and bring him hope. A rescue is in the making. And while you do this, I shall remain here, thinking."

A lift of the arm and the moth was sent along it's return path, where once again it entered into Taunderon and came before Arandil and Kronos and Feileacan. There it obediently flew, from one to the other, utterly ignoring the fallen Captain of the Guards, whispering in one ear and the next all that Eirianna had bidden it do, before alighting on the ear of the Heir to the Throne of Gondor.

There it waited, gathering its strength so that the second portion of its mission could be undertaken, waiting as well so that any in its presence could send message back to the Daughter of the Moon.

[ 02-06-2003 01:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 02-06-2003 05:25 PM    
The Orc made a small growl as the sorceress ordered him back. Ulfhak had not spilt blood for days now, and he felt an opportunity was going to pass by. He gripped his short sword tightly.

"You," Ulfhak said, turning to one of his captains. "Ride back to the army and order to make camp near the river. Have them purge nearby forests and begin construction of siege weaponry. We are not assaulting Taunderon."

The orc nodded and scurried off. Ulfhak looked to his other officer. "Take thirty of your Riders, dismount them, and have them sit around outside the walls. I might be joining you shortly."

As soon as they were both gone, Ulfhak stepped closer to see the crystal better. The orc waited anxiously for the order to go to battle...

[ 02-07-2003 08:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Ulfhak the Scourge ]

Feileacan

posted 02-07-2003 01:18 AM    
The speed of the events around her startled Feileacan and for a while she could not find her voice, but now facing the Ringwraith she managed to whisper to her fellow Elf, "I, we came searching the Daughter of the Moon, as I serve her and couldn't sit by as she went into danger. But she has left already and awaits us elsewhere. Though that means nothing now," she nodded towards their foe preping the single weapon she ever carried, a delicate knife hung at her waist.

[ 02-21-2003 04:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Feileacan ]

Kronos

posted 02-07-2003 01:34 AM    
"I fear we cannot handle this battle alone, we must go to the one who seeks our help... I believe it shall be us reaping the reward in doing so..."

Kronos gave the moth word the princess shall not wait much longer for their arrival...

He motioned the two new friends to flea the sewers, and head back the way they came...

Back to Wydde's Wood...

[ 02-07-2003 10:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Arandil

posted 02-07-2003 09:35 AM    
Arandil stood there, unblinking. The sword was no longer at his throat, and the demons and the burning ringwraith had vanished in front of his eyes.

But the ranger did not make a move.

A shivering cold fell upon his body as he heard "it"...so cold that he could not move.

Arandil knew what the sound was, for he heard it before in the Elven forests. It carried with it the same familiarity when the ringwraith spoke it to him...

Isildur

Neither Kronos nor Feileacan heard it; it was only him. He stared into the darkness of the tunnel ahead of him, not even noticing the moth landing on his ear.

Voices were in his mind, almost drowning out the moth's whispering. He couldn't hear them clearly, and they grew louder and more furious. However, he still heard what the creature had to say...and it was enough to snap him from his trance.

Arandil shook his head, and watched his two comrades flee the tunnel from where they had entered.

The voices were gone, and the ranger was able to move now. Without saying a word, he took off after his friends...

This "Daughter of the Moon" must be the one who could help me. he thought.

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 02-07-2003 09:47 AM    
Ulfhak glared at the bound Elf, wondering what his purpose was for being here. The orc stepped closer and spat at the creature, his existence mocking the orc.

"Your kind is so arrogant...so full of pride...it sickens me!" Ulfhak told the elf, and grabbed the man's hair. "I'm looking forward of stripping the skins off your people and feeding them to the wargs."

Ulfhak smiled, displaying a row of jagged rotten teeth. Unknown to him, however, disaster was about to fall upon his troops.

Outside Taunderon...

The orc captain and his men waited impatiently outside the walls in the forests. Their wargs were ordered to return to the army as they dismounted, waiting for them to return.

"Look!" shrieked a scarred soldier. The captain lept over to him and watched as three figures left a large hole in the wall.

The orc squinted his large eyes to see better, and recognized two elves and a Man. He held up a rusty axe and waved his hand in the air, signalling his men to advance.

"What're you doing?" asked one orc. The captain snarled as he spoke.

"We're going to smash some heads..."

"But Ulfhak isn't here yet!"

The captain shook his head. "I've waited far too long for this! Stay back and cower under a rock for that fool Ulfhak; I'm going forth to win glory for our tribes!"

At that, the captain gave a war cry and charged through the forest at the three warriors. Only half his troops followed, however, as the rest retreated into the woods.

They feared their master's wrath more than the weapons of their enemies...

Kronos

posted 02-07-2003 10:55 AM    
Kronos gracefully came out of a dead run, and placed his hand in the air... a warning toward his friends...

"Orcs... approaching from the West..."

Not yet in view, Kronos relied on his keen senses...

"We could out-run them..." Kronos said, as he focused on the two steeds Feileacan and Arandil rode in on...

His emphasis on 'could' a sure sign of his battle pride, he waited to see what the others would decide to do...

Eirianna

posted 02-07-2003 12:25 PM    
Eirianna stood in the quiet shadows of the edge of Wydde's Wood, staring with some dismay into the mushroom cap in her hand. Images within that magical device showed her that the moth had departed from the threesome in the tunnel, and had fluttered secretly on to where the young Talasti was bound. It settled on his ear, whispering its message of hope, then rose like a wisp of green smoke and left the sorceress's chambers through her open window.

Now another image flickered int he depths of the cap.

Orcs! she thought, her heart rising in her throat. They seek the others, who at last are trying to regroup with me! But-- has my interference led to their betrayal to the foe?

Concern creased her brow, both wondering if indeed she was the cause of them being noticed by the enemy's armies, as well as debating if there was anything she could do to come to their assistance.

Her eyes widened, and she closed her hand about the mushroom cap. Raising her head, she let out an eerie keening cry, calling, beseeching, warning....

Hecate

posted 02-07-2003 12:40 PM    
Although he was miles away from where the Daughter of the Moon stood, her cry did not go unheeded. Hecate's keen hearing clearly picked up that cry of distress; a sharp cry of his own came forth from him as he quickly altered his endless circling into an arrow-straight trajectory, heading directly to the one who had called out to him. He shot along, skimming the treetops, his own cries now sounding out and marring that unique silence a forest maintains in the wee hours before sunrise.

His call was not unanswered.

Soon he came over the place where Eirianna stood, his hawk's eyes clearly able to pick out her quiet form there through the foliage beneath him. He let out another cry of affirmation...

...and continued onward, heading straightly toward the Kingdom of Taunderon, and to the place where roughly fifteen orcs were stumping noisily along.

In his wake he trailed hundreds of hawks and gryfalcons, eagles and even occasional owls, and others of the stooping ilk. They had followed immediately, obeying his commanding call to them.

Thus it was that out of the darkness there suddenly descended upon the orcs a veritable horde of stooping, diving, and extremely sharp taloned and beaked raptors. They stooped and dove, slicing and slashing, piercing flesh and leather with an almost laughably easy grace, the larger of the horde swooping down to grasp an orc's helm by the edges of the eye-slit, often completely removing it from the creature's head, while those followng aimed for their suddenly exposed faces and ripping asunder the orc's eyes, blinding them, or tearing at the throat. Other birds simply added to the fracas by raining down, snatching arrows from quivers, snatching at any skin they could reach before soaring upward to disappear into the darkness once again. It was all but impossible for the orcs to retaliate; occasionally one would grasp a scaly leg as it proceeded to flee upward, halting its progress, to then snap the neck of the brave and unselfish bird. But far, far more hit and disappeared before the orcs knew what was happening, too small and fleet and visibly seen for but flashing seconds before being swallowed up by the night.

This air battle was as swift as it was confusing. At length the orcs stood milling about... crying out and then roaring louder when Hecate himself stooped down in his partly human form, grasped the captain who had chosen to lead this small regiment against the wishes of its commander, and rose with him some 2,000 feet into the air.

From there he let him drop. The captain fell like a stone, thrashing and flailing and roaring, impacting the ground with a sickening thud to remain utterly still, utterly lifeless, its bones smashed and its neck broken.

Another piercing, keening cry, and the birds whirled and fled. Hecate made one great circling maneuver high over the heads of the two elven and the Man, alerting them, before he himself turned and fled back through the darkness to the Daughter of the Moon.

[ 02-07-2003 01:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Hecate ]

Kronos

posted 02-07-2003 01:10 PM    
"We shall follow this flying creature... for it will lead us to the one who has called us out..." Kronos said, understanding exactly what the creature was sent to do... and had carried out only moments ago...

And so, the new party rode off... in search of the daughter of the moon, the man on his steed, and the two elves on the other...

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-07-2003 06:58 PM    
Through her crystal Adra watched the aforementioned events as they progressed, her look hardening even as the faction of Orcs foolishly went after the two elves and the Ranger only to be thwarted by an attack...

Adra snarled. “This is Her doing, I know it!” In an instant, the image of the Daughter of the Moon fell into the depths of the crystal, so that Ulfhak knew exactly of whom Adra spoke. Then the images flashed back once more to where the valiant Hecate was leading the small group away.

The Sorceress cocked her head and bit her lip, slitting her eyes thoughtfully. She directed her icy blues to the Orc once more. “Your warriors act foolishly,” she then growled, “But perhaps their foolishness can be used to our benefit....”

She hesitated a moment, keenly aware of the Orc’s anger. She played upon it. “We must watch carefully as the daylight draws near, for if they will not come to us...

...we shall be led to them...

...and to Her...

...and your loss shall be avenged, my servant..."

Kronos

posted 02-07-2003 07:45 PM    
The group finally reached their destination, a few horizons away Eirianna waited...

"The creature has come to a rest, just over the second ridge..." Kronos said, as the steeds galloped with much passion...

Not long after...

The group crossed over the second ridge, in the distance the outline of the creature and one of a humaniod could be seen...

But, to the eyes of an Elf, Kronos could see much more... He could actually lock eyes with Eirianna, a look that seemed to be given back...

Feileacan's horse, along with Kronos, was the first to reach the daughter of the moon...

Kronos was the first to dismount, he approached Eirianna and bowed in respect,"I am Kronos, of Dolamroth... I... We come to your heed, princess..." He said, as well as on behalf of his new 'party'...

[ 02-07-2003 07:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Arandil

posted 02-08-2003 12:33 AM    
Arandil followed the others, but his mind was focused elsewhere...

A sorceress...a murdered King of Man...a captured elf...and now orcs. he thought.

Something dark is gathering in Taunderon, and if it is unleashed, it will surely devastate Middle Earth.

Arandil frowned as he rode closer to the elves' horse.

I have to find that Dunlending...

Finally, he reached Eirianna, whom Kronos was addressing himself to. The ranger dismounted and approached her.

"I am Arandil, of Gondor and Rivendell. You must be the King's daughter." The ranger then bowed to her. "It is an honor to meet you, my Lady."

He felt comfortable near her...her spirit produced a warm aura that calmed Arandil almost as soon as he saw her.

Yet...deep down...he still felt afraid...

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 02-08-2003 12:53 AM    
The orc still had a grip on the elf's head even as he watched the events unfold inside the crystal.

A surprised look fell on his face...then it was quickly swept away by anger. He roared loudly as he let go of the elf and charged out of the chamber.

The guards understood the presence of the orcs being in Taunderon (though they still made disgusted faces towards them), so nothing stopped Ulfhak from getting to his men.

Eventually, he burst open the doors of the Keep and walked out from the castle walls as the guards opened the gate for him. The orc chieftain approached four of his kind, bloody and beaten, that were helped up by other troops.

An orc warrior moved to Ulfhak, hissing as he spoke. "The beassssts from the sssky killed our captain. These four are the only ssssurvivors."

Ulfhak stared at them coldly. They betrayed not just him, but the whole army and everything it stood for.

That simply wouldn't do.

Ulfhak turned away. "Kill them."

He heard their pitiful shrieks and screams as they were torn to pieces by the ravenous orcs. The chieftain allowed himself a small smile; it was the closest he had ever gotten to some type of carnage since the march from the Iron Hills.

As soon as his men were done feasting, Ulfhak called one of them forward.

"Get back to the army, and summon Grishnuk and his company to Taunderon." he ordered the soldier.

The orc gave a slight nod. "How many troops?"

"His whole company." Ulfhak responded. His new messenger shrunk back from him, out of shock and fear.

"Th-that's two hundred..."

"Do it."

The messenger quickly ran off to his destination. Ulfhak watched the orc go, then turned back to the gates of Taunderon.

The Elves will pay...one does not simply humiliate Ulfhak the Scourge and get away with it.

As he passed through the gates, the remaining fifteen orcs followed him. Now, they were part of Taunderon's garrison...

Eirianna

posted 02-08-2003 06:10 PM    
As she was still holding the mushroom cap, Eirianna was only able to reach one hand out to Kronos, who was yet maintaining his bow of respect. She touched him lightly on the head, then pulled that hand back.

"Rise, Kronos of Dolamroth, and welcome. More than just a little relief fills my heart that you have safely made your way here to me; there were two others who I had been travelling with, who seem to have disappeared."

She turned to Feileacan, who yet remained astride the horse.

"It is good to see you safe here as well, Feileacan of Moon's Keep." She greeted her fellow elf with a brief nod of acknowledgement, before continuing with, "I trust you have informed this new ally of the mission we were upon, as well as of the disappearance of E'rae and L'Endriel? Unless, of course, some dire ill has befallen them of which you know, and of which I am yet unaware."

She paused a moment to allow the elf to reply, when she was approached by the third in their little party. Her clear gray eyes warmed with recognition as Arandil slid smoothly off his mount and approached her. Still smiling, she repeated the gesture she had with Kronos...

...and slowly her smile began to flicker as she sensed his deep-seated fear.

There is a shadow across the soul of this one, she thought to herself, but did not deign to say anything aloud regarding this strangeness. Instead she merely bowed her head in greeting.

"An honor, in turn, it is indeed to at last be introduced to you, Arandil of Gondor," she replied smoothly, recalling her brief view of him back in Moon's Keep. Smiling then, she took a step back so as to encompass the entire party with her gaze, and once having captured the attention of all began quickly running through the information she had sent the moth to reveal them all.

"A young elf from our Keep is imprisoned within the castle of Taunderon. There is a dark sorceress there, who commands the wraiths of the Ring; I fear she has taken the young Talasti as he so foolishly and naively was in search of the One Ring for himself. I set out with companions to rescue the young one, only to learn the King of Taunderon has been murdered, with the murder being made to appear by elven hand. I feared where this may lead..."

She paused a moment, gathering herself, then continued on.

"...so I returned to Moon's Keep to inform my father, Gildur the King of Elves. He has slipped our kingdom into the shadows, away from the realms of Man, to protect our own from a threatening war which we do not merit. But I cannot leave Talasti, so I have come of my own to continue with his rescue.

"However...."

Her eyes darkened to thundercloud smoke, and she pursed her lips in consternation.

"Now Orcs there are who have entered into this mystery, and soon more to come. Look."

With that she held out the cap, showing the solitary orc slipping quietly through another forest, heading stealthily through the trees, his very bearing fairly screaming that his actions bode no good.

"I cannot be certain, but logic would state that this one is being sent for something... and knowing the mentality of orcs, that can only mean one thing. I grow more and more fearful for us all, not only for the kingdoms of Man and Elven, but for all of Middle Earth as well.

"My friends, I trust you have come to me as allies as well as in friendship. Have any here any thoughts they would speak, or suggestions to make? For now I fear my mission to save Talasti from imprisonment has suddenly burgeoned a thousandfold."

[ 02-08-2003 06:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-08-2003 09:03 PM    
Even as the Ulfhak momentarily departed from Adra’s chambers to “correct” his company, she gazed once more into her crystal, cocking her head in consideration as the image of the Ranger popped ominiously into view.

An Heir to the Throne of Gondor via the Isildur bloodline, eh? Long have I searched for you... she thought darkly.

For well did she remember the day when she had been with the Dunelandings, when she had just begun to use her powers to manipulate others. How easy it had been to convince the Dunelandings that the caravan of women and children which the true Heir travelled with was a set up for them to attack Duneland and take over the area. The child had been brought to her...

...and how easy it had been for her to convince them that there was no other solution to their troubles but to destroy the child. Yet somehow the other Heir had eluded her grasp and the talents of her dark minions...

...somehow. Adra was keenly aware that the Elves had counterattacked that day...

...and was also fairly certain that this was the one and only reason the other Heir had disappeared. And how very fitting that she know found him aiding the very Kind who had probably saved his life to begin with...

...how very, very fitting.

Adra’s look darkened further as a deeply rooted hatred suddenly found new fuel to add to the fire.

Had these elves—including this one who was so easily able to blind her Ringwraiths—been the ones who had been able to secret away this Ranger, this Heir to the Gondor throne, from her ever-searching gaze?

Turning now to look at the young Talasti coldly, Adra nodded but once to Talon to keep watch once more, meanwhile departing to find Ulfhak. In but a small amount of time, she was able to find him just inside the gates of Taunderon. “Rest your company once they arrive, for daylight will soon be upon us,” she commented, her icy blue eyes demanding nothing but total compliance. “I know the location of the One who implemented the attack upon your company, and well do I know that they will come to us, for they seek the Elf whom I hold captive in my chambers. Rest your men, and rally them...

...but when the valiant party at last arrives...

..leave the Ranger and the white-haired female Elf for me...”

[ 02-08-2003 09:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Kronos

posted 02-09-2003 12:03 AM    
"I will join this rescue, for I too search for my companions... they as well, most likely, held against their will... I must warn you my friends, we should make no haste in our plans... they are coming..."

Kronos waited, his mind calculating various strategies...

[ 02-09-2003 12:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Kronos

posted 02-10-2003 01:56 AM    
Kronos could sense there was something happening inside the man, something that was affecting his train of thought...

So, Kronos took it upon himself to plan their assault on the castle of Taunderon...

"I believe it is best if we allot... one group making the initial drive on the castle, and the second a timely reinforcement..." Kronos said at length...

"I shall be in the first, who will accompany me?" Kronos asked, waiting for comments and/or volunteers...

[ 02-10-2003 01:58 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Arandil

posted 02-10-2003 09:15 PM    
Arandil looked at the elf, and saw the battle in his eyes. It was look he himself had...a long time ago...

The ranger smiled. "I will accompany you, Kronos, with this first attack."

He looked back in the direction of the kingdom. "The Taunderon guards are well-armoured and trained, but their organization is dependent on their officers. Without them, they'll break. The orcs, however, need no leaders to attack. Their heavily dependent on numbers, but they'll lose courage against stronger foes."

Arandil looked back to Kronos. "We go under cover of darkness. It worked well with us..." he said, nodding to Felieacan. Finally, Arandil faced Eirianna.

"Also...there is a personal matter I must discuss with you, my Lady, but it should wait until this is done."

Hopefully, the Dunlending will do the same...

Having his say in the battle plan, Arandil took a step back to attend his own counsel.

The One Ring?! he thought, his face not revealing the emotion he felt over such a thing.

The Ring....so thats what this is about. This war between Man and Elf, the sorceress, the orcs...all aimed to the finding of the One Ring.

He glanced briefly at Eirianna. Yet, her kind have not discovered it either. How strange...they fight over something that neither have possession of.They've been keeping this a secret...from Men. Why?

His closed his hands into fists and tightened them.

What is that they fear?

For a moment, a brief moment, deep inside Arandil's mind a voice whispered four words...but it was so quick that he never heard what it said.

The Doom of Man.

[ 02-10-2003 09:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Arandil ]

Kronos

posted 02-11-2003 11:08 PM    
"I appreciate your offer, friend..." Kronos said, addressing Arandil...

"...alas, I feel I should need a creature of graceful stealth for this first attack..."

He now turned his attention toward the two Elven women... waiting for either to offer their services...

D'Artagnan

posted 02-12-2003 05:45 PM    
Riding for days, D'Artagnan was becoming most tired...

He knew of a kingdom of men that was sure to offer him shelter for the night...

Taunderon...

But, this was not the case...

Approaching from the West, he quickly and most easily noticed the hoard of Orcs that awaited him...

He decided to head east, away from Taunderon... he would ride until the distance was safe, then simply sleep with one eye open...

D'Artagnan

posted 02-12-2003 10:19 PM    
East of Taunderon

A few hundred meters past the easternmost part of Taunderon, D'Artagnan could make out 4 different beings in the distance...

He strode up, unimpeded, for they must have known his intent was nothing but pure...

With every beat of the beast's hooves, D'Artagnan could make out those who now awaited him...

A man... and 3 elves... one of which was the fairest being he had ever laid eyes upon...

He dismounted, somehow dismissing all but the one he now approached...

He knelt, took up Eirianna's hand and recited a sonnet that came not only from his heart, but from his very soul...

"As fast as objects to his beams assemble?
O'... 'tis the first, 'tis flattery in my seeing...
and my great mind most kingly drinks it up:
Mine eye well knows what with his gust is 'greeing...
and to his palate doth prepare the cup:
If it be poisoned, 'tis the lesser sin
that mine eye loves it and doth first begin..."

D'Artagnan, never wavering his gaze into Eirianna's eyes, softly pressed his lips to her hand...

He now stood, awaiting questions he knew would come...

[ 02-12-2003 11:07 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by D'Artagnan ]

Eirianna

posted 02-13-2003 12:23 AM    
Eirianna blinked, a touch surprised by the flamboyant approach of this sudden stranger. She cut her eyes quickly to the others in their little party as if to beg pardon for the rather unorthodox manner in which this young man had greeted her.

Then her humor got the better of her, and for a moment all thought of darkness and evil and the captured Talasti fled to the back of her mind. She turned a clear look back upon the human, a wry smile coming to her face. Then she spoke to him in a manner similar to which he had her:

"O, what a mansion have those vices got
Which for their habitation chose out thee,
Where beauty's veil doth cover every blot,
And all things turn to fair that eyes can see!
Take heed, dear heart, of this large privilege;
The hardest knife ill-used doth lose his edge."

Folding her slender hands gracefully together, she raised them to her lips, not wanting him to see how that wry little grin had transformed into an outright smile. For a moment she struggled with herself, then finally managed to put aside the momentary camaraderie.

She now turned to Kronos.

"I am not skilled in the ways of the warrior, although I am fair with the arrow and can ride like the wind. I don't know if this is what you seek in the first assault upon the city; think you I really have the weight to lend in frontal battle against orc and sorceress?"

[ 02-13-2003 12:24 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Kronos

posted 02-13-2003 12:53 AM    
"That you do, M'lady... stealth is paramount in the first wave... we shall show our selves from the interior once the second wave has breached the exterior... they will collapse from within..." Kronos said, as he looked around, stopping at the newcomer...

He then continued,"...furthermore, it would not be wise to keep all of our eggs in one basket..."

Kronos was interrupted, by the over-anxious newcomer...

D'Artagnan

posted 02-13-2003 01:08 AM    
D'Artagnan, stood in contemplative silence through most of Kronos' discourse...

His eyes lit up, and a sly smirk came to D'Artagnan's features...

He took the cavalier from it's resting place upon his head, and held it to his breast...

"For I impair not beauty being mute,
when others would give life, and bring a tomb...
There lives more life in one of your fair eyes
than both your poets can in praise devise..."

The smirk changed to that of a smile, and his eyes showed brightly as something sparked inside of D'Artagnan...

He could not notice his hindrance to the plan that lie before them all...

[ 02-13-2003 01:16 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by D'Artagnan ]

Talasti

posted 02-16-2003 02:39 PM    
Talasti was a motinless being, his hands chained tightly to ensure his inability to motion at all. A tear streaked down his face in not agony nor pain, but in the sense of lonilness. He had been held captive for so long, his spirit unable to run amoungst the animals of the world.

"Why do you do this, why are you so evil?" He questioned, his eyes being cascaded with the sheets of tears. He felt the urge to whipe them away but his shackles held him down.

I'm so weak, how could I have gotten here.

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-16-2003 04:08 PM    
Adra was just returning to her quarters after delivering her orders to Ulfhak when she heard Talasti's despairing words and clearly saw the tears. At this she stepped in and regarded him silently, cocking her head slightly and then placing a hand to her chin. After a moment or two she suddenly walked over to where the fresh bread and water with which she had been taunting the young elf earlier had been placed. Pouring a mug of the water, she suddenly came to Talasti and knelt in front of him, offering him drink. "You must be very hungry and thirsty," she said quietly, bringing the water to his lips and allowing him a good long drink before she withdrew it. "I do this for the protection of my people," she said then. "And as for my evil...why do you call evil what you do not know, and what you could know..."

She paused, her icy blues pinning his eyes. "I understand what you seek far better than you might suspect, far better than the Elves who claim to be coming for you yet dawdle in doing so ever will."

With that she then stood and took her crystal in her hands, again turning to Talasti and kneeling before him, her right hand atop the crystal as she closed her eyes and summoned an image to reveal itself in its crystalline depths.

The image of Kronos, Arandil, Eirianna and the seemingly love-stricken D'artnangun swam into focus. The two latter members seemed to be caught up in some sort of romantic exchange, distracted from any plans which they most certainly were making...

Adra opened her eyes, allowing Talasti to view that image. "Indeed they take their time though they believe your very life is at stake. Are you indeed certain that, if and when they come, you will want to return with them at all?"

Her blue eyes locked onto his once more, and she waited.

[ 02-16-2003 04:11 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Talasti

posted 02-16-2003 04:18 PM    
Talasti changed his focused back upon her eyes, a smile coming to his face as tears continued to trickle along his cheeks. Sorrow still dwidled within his eyes as he glared at her, expanding the expression of his face from a happiness and anguish. His fist clutched as the chains held even tighter, his physical agony replacing that of his emotional as he began to speak, keeping his voice clear & firm.

"No, I'm not sure if I'll want to go. I don't know what I'll do." He said, revealing his feelings as he refocused his eyes back upon the crystal that exposed these images.

Are they real? He thought, but he subconsciously he knew something was realistical about this situation. No one cared much for anyone in this world burdened by darkness, because of man.

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-16-2003 04:37 PM    
Adra stood once more and replaced the crystal on the table which it usually sat. Then once more she knelt before the young elf, reaching out a steady and somehow strangely comforting hand to place under his chin, drawing his eyes to hers once more. "Join with me and you shall find a home, a place to rest and learn and escape those who would view you as nothing more than a simple and foolish young boy. For is this not what you truly have been seeking all along?" she asked then waited in thoughtful silence.

Talasti

posted 02-16-2003 05:09 PM    
"Yes I have." He said, his lips curving a weird dark smirk that rebelled against his casual soft facial expression.

'What am I doing?' He mentally asked himself, feeling his heard begin to pump with the adernaline as it's provoke.

'Shut up, we will be gaining all we need in the world under this beautiful lady.' Talasti's more overly confident side began to talk in his mind, caressing it with it's intentions.

He attempted to reach for his brain, but then he noticed the chains upon his wrist. The chains. They held him from mobile action at all, and if he embrace her like a mother, like a real woman he would wield the freedom of movement, for his spirit to drift along like the wind about him.

"I will join you." He said finally, his voice without even a speck of sorrow, just a firm military tone.

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-16-2003 05:19 PM    
Adra considered Talasti for a long moment, as if analyzing the truth in his words. Then, "Your words bind you to me," she said calmly yet with an edge of something not entirely pleasant. Then all traces of that something disappeared, and she reached for her staff, aiming it for the chains which bound the young elf. Before he could flinch or move a muscle a bolt of something charged from that staff, and suddenly his shackles were broken.

Adra stepped back then, still clutching her staff expectantly. Finally she spoke. "Come, so that we may eat together and discuss The One Ring. For you and I, my young friend, shall indeed find it. And when we do...

...all others who hold rings of their own shall bow to us...

...and all Elves, my friend, shall be bowing to you..."

Eirianna

posted 02-16-2003 05:33 PM    
Eirianna shot a look at the mooning young man, who clearly wanted to worm his way into her affections. At first his introductory parley was lightening to the gloom that she had carried in her heart from the moment that abomination from hell had attempted to kill both her and Feileacan. But now... now it was out of place; there were matters to attend to.

"Stay your words of such frivolity, D'artagnan!" she suddenly cried out, a frown darkening her lovely features. "Time we have not for you to ply your troth, nor for me to sidestep it as my dear Gorfynt would sidestep any living thing in his path!"

And you are Man... and I am Elven, the silent words shot into his eyes from hers.

She turned then to the others.

"We waste time; Kronos, so certain are you that I should accompany you in this first wave? Yet, we of the elven race can tread with a far lighter foot than man...."

She drew herself up, nodding her head and reached a slender hand up to grasp her bow.

"So be it. I shall travel with you, that you and I lay initial siege to the fortress in Taunderon. Mayhap we can create enough havoc there that our two warriors can follow after, and we may save young Talasti from the foul clutches which grasp him. For behold."

She held out the mushroom cap, in which the image of a dark sorceress freeing and embracing the young elf was clearly displayed.

"It is clear he knows not what he does."

She took a step forward now, to close the distance between herself and Kronos, but paused. Her eyes grew dark and moist as they turned upon Arandil.

"I am not remiss, nor have I ignored your plea, my friend," she said softly. "When all is right, I shall most gladly lend an ear and whatever else I may in regard to this personal matter of which you have spoken."

Then she uttered a piercing whistle, and from the shadowy woods about them Gorfynt trotted into view. Disconcertedly enough, he was soon followed by Brisgean the Silver...

...the unicorn upon whose back E'rae of Moon's Keep had ridden off upon.

Talasti

posted 02-16-2003 05:47 PM    
Talasti followed slightly behind that of Adra, his lips curving into a smirk, though subconsciously he reeked disgust. The young boy had changed from his first awakening in this castle, and now--it was as if darkness had overwhelmed him to the point of anger toward his own race.

"I hate them." Those were the words that pounded in his brain as he walked forth, his feet heard hitting against the surface. It was a feeling in him that was so similar, but hard to describe.

Though he was physical free, his soul felt incarcerated in the power of darkness. Manipulated and utilized by his narcissistic personality that occasionally came to the forefront during combats. Yet now he was incarcerated in a combat with himself, which meant that he had lost all hope of light.

He had been beckoned, and taken in the hands of Adra, which was once a nightmare, but now a dream that had successfully became reality.

"They will bow to me." He murmured repeatidally under his voice, attempting to remind himself that this was all for the better and without a speck of flaws.

But he knew somewhere inside of him that this was wrong.

Kronos

posted 02-16-2003 06:04 PM    
"We ride... your timely assistance will be key, my friends..." Kronos said to Arandil and Feileacan...

D'Artagnan chose this time to interject, never withdrawing his suave smile,"...a rescue mission, I'd be glad to volunteer my services as a swordsman... and a gentleman..."

Kronos turned to D'Artagnan,"The odds are greatly stacked against our favor..."

D'Artagnan now passed his gaze in the direction of Eirianna,"...I love a good challenge... when the prize is fair..." He said, as he focused his attention back to Kronos...

"Very well, you will be party to the reinforcements... they shall fill you in, for time is of the essence..."

Kronos approached the black unicorn, gracefully taking himself on to the beautiful creature...

He waited for Eirianna to do the same, and follow his lead toward the castle of Taunderon...

[ 02-17-2003 01:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-16-2003 06:06 PM    
Adra reached out a hand and drew the young and brooding Talasti to herself as they entered the grand Dining Hall, a long and heavy wooden table with many chairs in the middle of the room. To one side there was a bar laden with food of all varieties. Something crossed the Sorceress's face that some might call a smile, and she looked to the boy. "Take what you like," she said in a deceptively sweet tone. "Food for a King...for king you shall be," she added, knowing how tempting and how attractive those words were to Talasti.

Then she stepped aside from him, bowing slightly as if honoring him and then allowing him to take from the bar well before she did. As he seated himself she only then took her own small plate then sat across from him. She took a small fruit from the plate and bit into it, then turned her eyes once more to Talasti.

"Tell me..." she started, "What do you know of the One Ring?"

Then she fell silent, waiting for his reply.

Talasti

posted 02-16-2003 06:15 PM    
Talasti glance ddown at one of the fruit upon the table, seeming to pay the question no mind. Reaching down for it, he gave it a nice bite, letting the luxurious taste run down his throat and spread within his mouth. As he swallowed it, he began to shift his attention once more upon Adra, his lips curving into a smile.

"I know that it is a powerful ring that could bring back tranquility if used without darkness." He said, feeling a sense of calmness and light come through his mouth that hadn't been since his entrance into the castle.

Yes, I do know very little, but through her I will know all of it. He thought to himself, a smile growing upon his kind face.

Arandil

posted 02-18-2003 08:22 PM    
Arandil stared at the Crest of Gondor on D'Artagnan's tunic. He knew exactly who and what he was, and the thought of it worried him.

The Steward knows I left Rivendell...and he knows I'm in Taunderon. he thought. Why would he only send one guardsman?

He stepped forward, then placed his hands behind his back to hide the wrist bands.

"D'Artagnan, I am Arandil of...Rivendell." he said. "I and the Elves are preparing to advance on the kingdom of Taunderon, now held by the King's advisor, Adra Slavonic. Unfortunately, she seems to be a powerful sorceress in service of Mordor. Only recently have the Taunderon people shown aggression to the Elves, and orcs have been seen marching into the castle walls."

"We are going to rescue an elf in Taunderon, who has been blamed for the King's death. Our assault needs to be silent. Kronos and Eirianna will lead the first group, and all of three of us will lead the second as reinforcements. We move in on their signal."

Before the young man could respond, Arandil spun around and walked towards his horse. There was much he had to think about, and he would do so as he rode to Taunderon...

D'Artagnan

posted 02-18-2003 10:51 PM    
Even as the male elf and the sumptuous, attractive female elf rode off, D'Artagnan couldn't help but focus on those charming qualities of the Daughter of the Moon...

Arandil's introduction was enough to bring his attention back to the events surrounding him...

It wasn't so much that he was now speaking, but it was what he was saying...

D'Artagnan was mightily wooed by the graces of Eirianna, but he was no fool...

In being wooed, he failed in his attempt to establish acquaintances...

He never did give his name...

Yet this Arandil knew it, doubtful that one from Rivendell would know the name of D'Artagnan...

That meant one of two things...

Arandil was lying, or D'Artagnan had already made acquaintances with he...

Either way, D'Artagnan had the upper hand... breathing but a word of distrust now would negate that power...

Taking one last look at Arandil's slowly departing form, D'Artagnan took upon his trusted steed...

"Rest will have to wait, my friend..." he whispered to the tired beast, as the three slowly trotted toward the castle of Taunderon...

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 02-19-2003 02:37 PM    
Ulfhak watched from the wall as the orcs...his orcs...marched into the gateway. They came in a column of twos, and at the head a soldier was carrying a black banner depicting the bloodred sign of the Eye of Sauron.

As the whole of the company filed inside the courtyard, they extended their lines so that it was four rows deep. There the orcs waited for their next command...

Ulfhak smiled as he climbed down from the top of the wall to converse with the orc captain. "Grishnuk!" he called. "How fairs the army?"

Grishnuk approached him, flanked by the flagbearer. "The siege weapons are done, my lord. We have also sent raiding parties out to nearby villages..."

"Have we been seen?" Ulfhak asked. The orc shook his head.

"No...but we have seen elves disappear into the woods...and not far from here we caught the scent of Man."

Ulfhak nodded, grinding his teeth as he planned. "Daylight is starting to fade...disperse your men onto the walls and the waterways. We suspect an attack here..." he looked up at the Keep.

"Soon."

In a chain of grunts and growls, the orcs broke formation to attend their new patrol jobs. Many of the human guards were disgusted by their arrival, and some were frightened by their presence in Taunderon. Ulfhak began to walk towards the Keep...

Let us see what the sorceress is planning...

Kronos

posted 02-19-2003 04:36 PM    
Under the cover of darkness...

Kronos stopped on the outskirts of the Taunderon territory...

"We must walk the remainder of the excursion..." He said, dismounting quickly and gracefully landing upon the tips of his feet...

"Your presence here is more than the happenstance of your stealth... furthermore, that of your girth..."

Kronos unstrapped his cloak, so that it would now hold both he and Eirianna within it's enchantment...

He approached the Daughter of the Moon,"...Forgive me M'lady..." Kronos said as he took the liberty of absorbing her into his grasp...

Without another moments haste, he strode quickly for the castle of Taunderon...

Invisible to the naked eye...

Not long after...

Within the walls of Taunderon, Kronos surveyed the area in search of two human guards astray from the rest...

It didn't take them long to find such, and disrobe them as well...

Now, as Eirianna and Kronos came from the deep interior of the castle draped in the clothing of the enemy, they slowly made their way through the human guards... quietly dispatching one after the other...

The masses of Orcs, yet not all that were expected, were now in view...

The time for reinforcements had arrived...

Taking up the horn Kronos had seized from the guard, he began to belt out 3 distinct notes...

The sign had been given...

In one swift motion, Kronos took upon his swords in one hand and his cloak of invisibility in the other...

"I cannot in good conscious have you be seen, M'lady..." Kronos said, as he tossed Eirianna his cloak...

Waiting for no one, Kronos approached the horde of Orcs... simply disappearing among the masses...

[ 02-20-2003 01:44 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Eirianna

posted 02-20-2003 02:16 AM    
She gasped reflexively, watching as the valiant elven prince disappeared amidst a horde of orcs, even as she herself disappeared from view beneath the protective magicks of the cloak Kronos had enveloped her in. While she knew that the handsome prince was flawless in his wielding of his bow, none but one with supernal powers could withstand an onslaught of orcs numbering in the tens of thousands...

...which was exactly the massed amount of enemy they now faced: they, two lone and highly daring elven.

Two, one most brave and stout-hearted... and the other not lacking in abilities and resourcefulness herself. The frown on her lovely features vanished as inspiration struck. She glanced upward, noting indeed that night had fallen and that the moon was above them in its ripe fullness.

And she herself was the Daughter of the Moon....

"Kronos!" she dared risk giving away her position by crying out in a loud voice. "Seek high ground!"

Then she whirled, the cloak flying about her, and proceeded to do just that herself. Soon she found herself upon a battlement of the castle, looking down into the courtyard where the orcs flailed amidst themselves, striving to find the elven prince who slipped here and there between them like a pale ghost, leaving orc after orc dead in his wake, a single arrow expertly sending it to its final rest. There in the distance, orcs were lining the river and tributaries of the waterways leading into Taunderon, waiting there to claim as their victims any who dared try to sneak in via the tunnels as had her party earlier.

She smiled grimly, her eyes taking on the hue of a tornado-spawning cloud.

Then she threw back her head, raising her arms to the moon above, and cried unto it in her magickal elven tongue.

"Father of Night, heed my cry! Gather up the waters as is your wont, and wreak havoc upon those who wouldst kill me and mine!"

Quite suddenly, although of course it didn't vary from where it silently orbited the earth, the Moon seemed to grow in immensity. Something of an otherness seemed to stretch forth from it, as it reached down in response to that beckoning to do what the moon indeed does... and has been doing since it first orbited earth and earth first had its seas:

It created tides, quite naturally in those seas. But now it was called upon to act in a specific manner... and it did not fail to heed that call. It sent all its great heaving forces down, down, down... pinpointing a particular river and its particular tributaries, coiling up all those waters into one immense and quivering bulge that towered nearly a mile high...

... which it then let free with a mighty, resounding roar.

The waters rebounded with a thunderous crash into Taunderon, easily overflooding into the courtyard where orcs were sent smashing willy-nilly, the water cascading up underneath the helms they wore to easily drown them. Many who were not lucky enough to drown outright found themselves shattered and broken, limbs smashed beyond recognition, let alone use. And along the banks of the waterways the story was the same, only here it was against trees instead of stone walls that the orcs were smashed and drowned against.

Wave after wave sloshed back and forth, churning in a wild and frothing mixture of water and stone and orc and wagon and guard and weapon and whatever else happened to be in the path of its fury. And when that water finally abated, and sank back into the riverbanks from which it had come, it was to reveal a nearly completely decimated army.

Perhaps 100 orcs yet remained alive... and of those, a mere handful were entirely unbroken.

Atop the battlement, Eirianna raised her eyes in thanks to the Moon. Then she lowered her arms, wrapped the cloak more tightly about her, and hurried off to see if she could find where Kronos had secreted himself, hoping with all her heart that he yet lived.

Kronos

posted 02-20-2003 02:46 AM    
Moments before...

"Kronos!" Eirianna dared risk giving away her position by crying out in a loud voice. "Seek high ground!"

Heeding the Daughter of the Moon's warning, Kronos swiftly exited the horde of Orcs...

Approaching the castle wall, Kronos took up his bow and fired off five mithril arrows into the stone bricks...

These arrows were strategically aligned as a make shift step ladder...

Kronos was but a blur, as he reached his peek... seeming to float up these steps of mithril, he leapt onto a large crested drape that lie upon each wall of Taunderon...

Climbing to the top of the castle wall, Kronos had successfully escaped his early demise...

He now look down upon the gruesome site of broken and beaten Orcs with his blue elven hawkeyes... searching for the one he knew he could not possibly see...

So... he simply stood atop the wall, his right leg propped up on it's side, as he leaned upon it peering arbitrarily among the crowd of Orcs...

His hair slightly skewed from it's normally tight fashion, and his deep breaths for that of an elf were all that would take notice upon him... as he continued to search for the one called Eirianna...

[ 02-20-2003 03:06 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Eirianna

posted 02-20-2003 03:02 AM    
Even as she moved off to seek Kronos, a movement caught her eye. She paused in mid-step and whirled, her clear gray eyes scanning the battlements all about her, aided now by the brilliant light of the full moon. Her eyes flicked with the quick certainty of a hawk...

...and she saw him, standing some 100 yards from her, one foot rested upon the edge of the castle wall as he peered fearlessly down into the ruined havoc left in the wake of the flood she sent. Her heart leapt; if she could see him, so could other eyes...

...and those other eyes undoubtedly would be filled with fury.

Without further thought, she simply turned and raced toward him, leaping fallen stones here and there, for the rage of the waters had crested this high at times, toppling the crenellations from the top of the wall in a random patchwork which made her going a little rough. But of elven stock was she, and sure of foot; it was but the work of short moments before she drew herself up to a breathless halt beside Kronos.

He turned his head to look at her.

"And now, in the midst of those who yet would seek us ill, I cannot in fair mind let them find you, brave warrior," she said softly, holding out one cloak-draped arm, and thus inviting Kronos to share with her the embrace of its invisibility. Perhaps then, they could depart to where their reinforcements were fast approaching, to lay their follow-up onslaught against the pitiful remnants of the once-mighty orc army.

[ 02-20-2003 03:03 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Kronos

posted 02-20-2003 03:34 AM    
With the grace of two Olympic synchronized swimmers, Kronos and Eirianna swiftly made their exit from the castle of Taunderon...

Once Kronos felt their safety under the light of Moon was enough, they disrobed the cloak...

Luckily they did so, as the group of reinforcements came striding by, or they might have become pavement beneath the onslaught of the beasts hooved feet...

Although, this did not stop two of the three horses from bucking their riders from their backs...

Feileacan the only one not thrown, due to her prowess as an Elf, dismounted and checked on the downed men...

Finding no injuries, the men and the female elf approached Kronos and Eirianna...

Looks of confusion on their faces...

"We must fall back, regroup..." Was all Kronos said...

[ 02-20-2003 03:36 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Arandil

posted 02-20-2003 10:43 AM    
Arandil heard Kronos...but wasn't looking at him. Instead, he was staring ahead in the decimated remains of Taunderon. He could see a small group of orcs running into the closing gate of the Keep.

But...what of the guards...?

He quickly ran back and remounted his horse, then rode through the gateway into Taunderon. He slowed down his mount so that he could see the bodies on the wet, soggy ground clearly. Many were orcs, some were squirming in pain, but there were the guardsmen as well.

Arandil hated the orcs, but the sight of his fellow Men lying dead on the ground, helpless to the onslaught that overcame them, sickened him deeply.

"So...this is the cost for one elf? The lives of a hundred men?" he asked no one. He looked up at the Keep.

He searched for a reason, ANY reason, to reassure himself that somehow they deserved to die. Was it because they were forced servants to the sorceress? Was it their small, petty anger towards the elves?

'Fall back, regroup' Arandil recalled Kronos' words.

As he continued to stare at the Keep, his words repeated inside his mind. They began to fade away, as whispers from a hundred voices overwhelmed them. Each voice repeated the same thing over and over again...

"No." Arandil said quietly. He dismounted from the horse yet again, then unsheathed his sword. The ranger approached the doorway into the Keep...

Eirianna

posted 02-20-2003 01:40 PM    
Eirianna couldn't believe what her eyes were telling her, could scarcely fathom that one quietly whispered word Arandil spoke which came slicing into her ears with the quick certainty of an elven arrow. She stood there on the far outskirts of Taunderon land, her mouth agape, watching in astonishment as Arandil completely refused the brief order issued by Kronos and rode off by himself, to disappear behind the protective walls surrounding the city and its Keep.

At length she started, alarm rising to engulf her.

"What does he think he is doing?" she cried, turning to Kronos now that the man had disappeared entirely from view. "All we have risked... all we have gained, to even the balance of that against we fight... all for nothing now? Now he too risks himself in capture by those few of the enemy who yet remain alive? Can he not see what use his station might be in the light of the bigger picture; can he not see that larger image at all?

"Why does he ignore your order, why does he do this?"

Scrabbling in her pouch, she withdrew her mushroom cap, made another motion above it with swift grace, and stared intently into its tiny depths. There the image of Arandil was revealed, dismounting, sword in hand, striding into the veritable den of the dragon.

She turned eyes widened in shock and alarm to Kronos and D'artagnan, sweeping them both with her gaze.

"He must be stopped; he must not be captured. The Darkness must not have pawn of both Man and Elven in its grasp; oh how insidious is the misty, coiling hand with which it strives to clutch dominion over all of Middle Earth!"

With that she said no more, but whirled away from the others and uttered that same peculiar keening whistle. From the darkness surrounding them, the stamp of hoofbeats came into their ears, and Gorfynt came leaping forward, to stand snorting and pawing.

"The time for boldness is now, my friends, while the enemy is lost and befuddled in its extremity!" Saying thus, she leaped astride the unicorn and sent her heels into his side. Gorfynt reared slightly, then took off, his pounding feet carrying her quickly and surely to the very gates she had just left. It was only then that she realized she yet held the cloak of invisibility in her hand, having been in the mere action of disrobing from it when Arandil made his unexpectedly foolhardy move.

Skirling that cloak about her, making sure that something of it touched Gorfynt's hide, she clucked him on through the gates, the pair of them simply disappearing, now safely hidden from view of any eyes which would seek them, be they of magickal or mortal origin.

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 02-20-2003 02:49 PM    
Ulfhak had watched the events unfold upon the courtyard from a window in the Keep. Grishnuk was dead, and the remnants of the orcs scattered quickly inside the Keep. He watched as a single man approached the doorway by foot, leaving his horse behind...

Throughout all of this, the orc's face had grown redder and redder, and his claws dug deep into the wooden frame of the window.

He knew what would come next; whatever survivors Taunderon had will mount a defense inside the building...and would rout if they were still fighting the same being that devastated them outside.

Unless I am with them.

Ulfhak gripped his sword tighter, then dashed out of the room to reach the staircase leading to the bottom...

I will meet them head on...and they will pay dearly for what they had done to me!

The thought of screams, blood, and gore pleased Ulfhak momentarily before his rage overtook him.

Eirianna

posted 02-20-2003 03:15 PM    
Eirianna quickly guided Gorfynt to a shadowy spot on the wall which had stood to protect Taunderon until the unleashing of majestic and overpowering waters had crumbled it in places to dust. Here beside one gaping opening, she quickly dismounted, making certain that a bit of the cloak yet touched Gorfynt's sleek hide.

"Go, my dear friend," she whispered softly as with a quick motion she tore a piece of the cloak of invisibility from its hem. One quick movement more, and that bit was firmly skewered upon Gorfynt's spiraled horn.

"Go, and find a place to remain in hiding, to await my calling. For where I go there is not room enough for your dancing hooves, my friend; I would place you not in harm's way by requesting you carry me into a place in which you would have no turning room.

"This bit of elven magick will keep you hidden from all eyes. I shall call you when I need you again."

With that she wrapped her slender arms about Gorfynt's muscular neck, losing herself in the sweet scent of his hide and hair of his mane as she hugged him. Then, stepping back, she gave him an encouraging little slap on the shoulder, turned, and headed off on the footsteps a moth might take toward the doorway into the Keep...

...which gaped open like the veritable jaws of doom, eager to devour her. She tiptoed along, quietly unslinging her bow and placing an arrow to its string, ever ready to do her part, as she crept unseen through that doorway and along the dismally dark passageway beyond it, following the sounds of booted footsteps she heard in the distance ahead of her.

Soon she had come into sight of Arandil, who stood, sword in hand, looking about himself as though pondering what action would be best to take at that point. And the fact that he was clearly debating some sort of action was not what sent chills coursing up and down Eirianna's spine.

It was the grimly determined look which blazed in his eyes... and indeed, the fact that she couldn't really determine just who it was toward which that look of fire was directed.

Kronos

posted 02-20-2003 04:16 PM    
A quick look between Kronos and D'Artagnan was the only communication needed, as D'Artagnan strode by Kronos allowing him to gracefully pull himself upon D'Artagnan's steed...

They rode into the castle, Kronos ever watchful for archers on the wall...

The beast was swift in it's delivery of Kronos and D'Artagnan to the entrance where both Eirianna and Arandil had admitted...

D'Artagnan unsheathed his rapier, held it high toward the heavens, then brought it back to his chest...

Kronos was impeded from moving past D'Artagnan for there was an arm obstructing the Elf...

"All for one?" D'Artagnan asked impartially...

"And... one for all..." Kronos simply retorted...

D'Artagnan took his arm from where it rested backhand against Kronos' chest...

Kronos did not wait for anything more, as he disappeared into the aperture...

D'Artagnan nodded to himself, a smile emerging from his features,"I like it..." he then strode to catch up with Kronos... a wise decision, indeed...

[ 02-26-2003 12:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Feileacan

posted 02-21-2003 05:05 PM    
Feileacan felt almost out of place in the fast moving events unfolding around her. She didn't know what to do but follow Kronos and Eirianna as she wasn't quite sure she trusted the Men yet. Arandil she had thought trustworthy but now his irrational behavior unsettled her. The Elf shook her head and calmed the horses sending them off into the safety of the forest. She then turned and took a deep breath, hurrying off into the Keep in search of her kindred and the strange Men they were travelling with.

Arandil

posted 02-22-2003 12:40 AM    
Arandil's searched the mighty stone walls of the Keep, searching for any weak area he could use to infiltrate inside. His eyes scanned higher and higher, till they stared into the very dark clouds above.

It was then he came into his mind.

He couldn't move, nor breathe, nor blink. The night sky ripped itself apart as fire pierced through it...flowing downward until it stopped in front of Arandil.

The fire did not engulf him...it retreated itself until a crevice began to form in the middle. It grew wider and wider...until he realized that this manifestation was a great, lidless eye of fire.

The fire drowned out all things in Arandil's view, consuming his whole vision. Then he heard his voice.

"Isildur..."

The name echoed in his ears...and in a flash, the Eye dissipated in front of him. Arandil could see the Keep and the sky again...but only barely as he fell onto one knee.

He felt the water returning to his dry eyes, and shut them as he tried to catch his breath. In the distance, he heard neighing from a horse. Though he did not see her, Arandil knew it was Eirianna.

One side of him immediately told him to tell her what happened...that they should leave as swiftly as possible...

But the other...the other side said they must breach the Keep. For the sorceress knows the fate of his brother...and to come this far only to turn back would be foolish.

Besides, the elf had did most of the damage to Taunderon anyway...

Staring into the ground, the ranger made his choice...

"There..." he coughed before he continued. "are no guards outside. They, and all the orcs, retreated into the Keep...we must press out advantage..."

Eirianna

posted 02-22-2003 12:48 PM    
Eirianna moved silently up to Arandil to place a hand on his shoulder. He jumped at her light touch, for she had not removed the cloak of invisibility from about her. Squeezing his shoulder, she leaned up into him, placing her lips against his ear and whispering soft and low that her words would not be overheard by any.

"True, the guards may be deeper inside, my friend... but we cannot rush in mindlessly. Many have dropped, but there are yet enough remaining to give us battle. We daren't go in each alone, but must combine what small force we have and use cunning and stealth to achieve our goal of rescuing the young Talasti."

She paused a moment, breathing lightly into his ear. Then she continued.

"The sorceress already has one of the elven in her clutches, and appears to be misleading Men into believing we are the murderers of their King. Arandil, we cannot let her take you as well; what dire purpose would she strive for, who would she use you to manipulate? Turn Man against Man? Taunderon against Gondor? There is much on the side of darkness she could use you for..."

Suddenly she stopped, aware of the fact that there was more truth in her words than she thought. For although she couldn't sense exactly what it meant, she could feel a certain... darkness hovering over this strong ranger like a stormcloud hovering over a Keep.

She frowned, catching her lip in her teeth. Then she rummaged in her bag, and drew out a small silvery item. It was an amulet of the full moon.

"Here, take this," she said softly, pressing it into the ranger's hand. "There is a shadow over you... but this will serve to protect you from the darkness which strives to claim us all. The light of the full moon is bright; may it bathe you in its strength."

She then dared place an arm about the ranger, so the cloak enveloped them both, blinking his form into invisibility as she pulled lightly against him, moving them away from where they had been standing and into another, now unknown, position. There she paused, and waited to see if his next actions would bespeak his understanding of the sense within her words or not.

[ 02-22-2003 12:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Adra Slavonic

posted 02-22-2003 11:33 PM    
Adra had not been unaware of the rapidly unfolding events in Taunderon. In fact, the moment the floods had begun to seize hold of the area she had immediately dropped her eating utensil, taken up Talasti with her, and hurried to her chambers above, totally ignoring the waters which began to soak their feet and the hems of their clothes. She did not stop til she had reached the balcony in her room which outlooked the maingates. All the while something dark and insidious seemed to snarl in disgust at the destruction before her...

...and not because of the many deaths of the orcs and the possible deaths of Taunderon citizens...

...but rather for the orcs’ failure...

...and the sense of something else entirely. For not many had the power to call upon the waters for their aid...

...except perhaps the elves.
Was this the work of She who would dare defy the Sorceress’s own dark powers, for she HAD been enroute to Taunderon to rescue Talasti by Adra’s last knowledge...

Adra’s face contorted into a look of complete disgust, and she turned her dark senses outward, calling upon the night to aid her quest in finding this one...

...but to no avail. Yet she did find one, one whom she was most interested in...

...Him, the one whom she had lost, the Heir to the Gondor throne...

Smiling wickedly then and totally ignoring Talasti, she reached out with her dark powers for the Ranger Arandil, and began to feel him respond...

...when suddenly he too seemed to disappear from her influence. Only with the greatest effort did she refrain from snarling aloud; with greater effort she turned an icy blue gaze to young Talasti. “They come for you now, to stop you from gaining the wealth of power you would have with me, from gaining the wealth of power you can have over them. Now is your chance to defy all which they try to do to you, my young friend.”

Then she turned to her crystal, where the only two visible intruders swam into clear focus...

...an elf, and a man who were even now entering the castle. Adra frowned darkly, pondering her next move. She turned her icy blue eyes to Talasti then, smiling wickedly, pointing to the crystal and the image therein. “We have no need to fear these impudent fools,” she said darkly, her smile broadening even more sadistically. Then she extended her right hand above the crystal, closing her eyes and throwing back her head, calling upon the shadows of the night to aid her once more. Around the twosome...

...as well as the intruding Feileacan...

...gathered a horde of demons at the Sorceress’s command whereupon they began to crowd and claw their unsuspecting prey with unrelenting eagerness...

[ 02-22-2003 11:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

LandiTheWhite

posted 02-23-2003 12:44 AM    
A sharp brilliant burst of bright light came hence from seemingly all directions...

In it's wake was one additional man, and one fewer horde of demons...

The newcomer now had 3 pairs of eyes pinned on his white essence...

Kronos the only one to recognize the man in white,"Landi, it is you..." He said, a smile coming to his face as he rushed toward the wizard...

Greeting Landi as if he was a long lost friend,"Where are the others?" Kronos asked...

Landi wasn't quite sure what he was talking about, he answered that the man Kronos knew was no more...

D'Artagnan was amazed as well,"What kind of magic was that, old man?" he said, grateful of the rescue...

"It wasn't me... it was the resurgence of life that thwarted the evil... Now, if someone would be so kind as to tell me the year, I will be on my way..." The old man finished...

[ 02-23-2003 01:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LandiTheWhite ]

Arandil

posted 02-24-2003 09:48 PM    
Arandil closed his fist around the silver object. He looked at Eirianna, a weary, almost tired look in his eyes, and gave a small nod.

"Thank you, my Lady. Your words have made me see the foolishness behind my actions...and the ways to avoid such similar mistakes." he said.

No more than a few moments passed that new events swirled about them. Though he did not see it through the cloak, the ranger could hear the arrival of a new presence on the grounds...and the cold shiver going down his spine fromi t.

A bright light flashed in front of him suddenly, and he heard the words of an old man. The ranger looked to Eirianna as to what to do next...

Eirianna

posted 02-26-2003 10:36 PM    
Eirianna's head jerked around in response to a sensation of... something happening behind them. Then she turned back to the ranger, tugging lightly on his arm.

"Come," she breathed into his ear, her voice the whisper of a butterfly's wings. "Let us rejoin the others, and plan quickly the second phase of our attack. For now is the time to strike, but again, we must be in unity when we do."

With that she quietly but insistently drew him back to the place where the wall about the city had crumbled, and stealthily crept out of it, all the while making certain the cloak was about them both. A peculiar whistle from her full lips, and the pounding of Gorfynt's wild hooves soon sounded in their ears. As he came up to stand nearby, she quickly threw the cloak back that she could mount him. Turning she held a hand out to Arandil.

"Quickly, now; come!" she urged him, then taking the hand he reached out to her and assisting him to a seat on Gorfynt's broad back behind her. She then wrapped the cloak of invisibility about them both, making certain something of it touched the unicorn's hide in protection, and with a light cluck pressed the creature into motion.

Gorfynt needed no further direction. He snorted, tossed his head, and reared. Performing a flawless one hundred eighty degree turn on his hind legs, he came down in motion, and soon had left the walls of Taunderon behind.

It wasn't long until he came upon the others, where he came to a grinding halt, all four hooves digging into the soft, loamy earth. He snorted while Eirianna flicked the cloak back, revealing themselves to the elf, the man, and the wizard, the latter whom she cocked her head toward in curiosity but a curiosity well tempered with sudden knowledge....

D'Artagnan

posted 02-26-2003 11:04 PM    
One moment D'Artagnan was searching the western horizon, out of thin air her beauty appeared to him as if in a dream...

A young man of chivalry, D'Artagnan approached Gorfynt holding his arms out to steady Eirianna's dismount...

Arandil dismounted from the beautiful beast's rear... D'Artagnan, arms ready, awaited Eirianna to show her intentions... for he knew an Elf woman could handle such things, he couldn't help but lend a hand to a lady...

[ 02-27-2003 12:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by D'Artagnan ]

Eirianna

posted 02-26-2003 11:18 PM    
Eirianna turned the full force of her smile briefly upon the young man, nodding her head to him for his chivalry. Then she banked that brilliant fire, and turned to the group at large.

"There are six of us now, and the orcs' army lies in shambles, as does the army of men," she said a bit breathlessly.

"There is no better time than now to breach the fortress, but in a united and planned manner. What say you, anyone? Ideas?"

She fell into silence, reaching a slender hand up now to lay it lightly atop Gorfynt's withers, which moved a bit as he restlessly sidled in place, lifting one foot after the other and giving his head an occasional toss.

Kronos

posted 02-27-2003 01:00 AM    
Kronos looked at each member of this new party...

With one gracefully quick motion, he rose his arms over his head... reaching back and drawing his swords, Kronos surged the weapons into the ground...

He then spoke up,"The time for weapons of men and elves has past..."

Now, successful in acquiring the attention of all,"...we must have faith in our miraculous accompany... for incantation is our only hope against what still lies ahead..."

He quieted at that, waiting for support...

[ 02-28-2003 06:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]

Ulfhak the Scourge

posted 03-01-2003 12:25 AM    
"Come on, you worthless rats! Put your backs into it!" Ulfhak shouted at both orc and man as they ran back and forth to place ramps, pillars, even statues onto the doorway.

We'll fortify the Keep...no way that witch can cast water in here!

"I want archers standing by every window! Have them assisted by at least one other guard!" he ordered an orc. The creature started limping back to gather such teams together.

Ulfhak held his spear with both hands. He'll be ready for them...he has to be.

Talasti

posted 03-03-2003 01:27 AM    
Talasti frowned as Adra spoke, and the action transpired. The pain that was him had become an assault and possibly recorded down in history as a war. It was becoming clear that he had beckoned all this hatred, and pain.

He had been split enternally so far that it had became hard to react, and it was slow for him to if he was to at all. This was clear now, as silence rained mad in the chambers after Adra had finally spoke of what was going on. Staring into her eyes, he reached forward, pulling aggressively at her neck and kissing her. A kindle of bliss and an activation of disgust went through his veins, confusing him.

Releasing and falling back from his aggresive, but somewhat passionate touch of lips, he looked transfixed at the ground. The very gulp that visablly ran down his throat signified all his confusion running down his body, pounding along with the sound of his heart. A tear rolled down his left eye, as his right side of his lip curved into a smirk.

He felt pleasure, as well as ultimate pain. It was her who gave him those things, and he didn't know how to release this emotion, so it seemed a kiss was all he could give. The aggression of it had brought lust, a sensation of disgust to the table, but the simple fact he kissed her gave a aura of love.

What am I doing..? He mentally questioned, while his fingers crumbled from their tranquil posture to a fist, holding on to what he thought was his last strain of insanity.

Eirianna

posted 03-03-2003 02:11 AM    
"Incantation...."

The Daughter of the Moon smiled, the curve of her lips at once both alluring and sly. A certain flash of darkness wafted through her clear eyes, bringing a touch of smoke into them as Kronos's impassioned words came into her delicate ears.

She didn't move from her spot but remained standing where she was next to Gorfynt, swaying just a bit in tandem with his restless movements. The hand laying upon his withers now moved of it's own accord, and began to gently twine a bit of his mane between its fingers, the movement innocent enough yet given an undercurrent of darkness by the look which flickered in the depths of her eyes.

Then her vision seemed to clear, and she spoke up.

"This I can promise you, my friends," she said quietly, glancing slowly round to capture the full attention of all present. Her eyes stopped at the white wizard, and held steady in his own pair.

"Unless our new friend wishes to take the honors...."

[ 03-03-2003 02:12 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

Kronos

posted 03-03-2003 02:48 AM    
"We ride!" Landi belted, taking up his staff...

Kronos simply smiled, gathering up his twin elven short swords...

That's the old Landi...

D'Artagnan quickly took upon his steed, others following suit...

All but Landi had a beast to ride... Kronos approached Landi allowing him to tag on with Brisgean the Silver...

The group rode into the keep of the castle...

"Archers, on the wall!" Kronos bellowed...

Landi said something in a foreign tongue, and the keep lit up... the archers, as if deer caught in headlights, couldn't focus for the lives of them...

"That should even the field..." Landi quipped...

Kronos was the first to approach the aperture...

"It's well fortified..." He said, turning back to the group...

Asking for suggestions, without actually having to say the words...

Eirianna

posted 03-03-2003 03:21 AM    
Eirianna nodded at the invitation.

"Be wary, all!" she cried out in a loud voice, then rode Gorfynt out into the open. He came to a rearing halt at her silent command, so well tuned to each other were they both, and stood in one spot in the middle of the large courtyard with lay outside the main door leading into the castle itself.

Eirianna threw back her head, and reached her hands to the sky. It arched overhead, a star-sprinkled canopy somehow lessened in splendor by the glory of the full moon which shone brilliantly therein. She pinned her eyes upon that moon, drinking in its features, basking in its silvery wonder, feeling its strength rippling through her as it responded to her silent beckoning.

Then she remained silent no longer.

"Father of the Night, hear me!" she cried out, her voice as silver as the light shimmering over her head. "Great woe is upon us! Here are those who would destroy your children, we who humble ourselves to your honor, and keep you ever in our hearts! Now I beseech thee, oh great Power of the Dark, come down, come dance upon them! Send the glory of your light into them, as a tarantelle of olde, giving aimless wings to their feet and yet even more aimless thoughts to their minds! Take their minds, my Father! Emblazon them with your brilliance, that they fall before you stricken with that affliction which has been given the honor of your name!"

Her voice rang out like a bell, striking the night like a gong, echoing upward and upward, soaring on the wings of darkness, seeking light, reaching the source of her entreaty, finding surcease to her plea...

...as the brilliant moon above grew impossibly brighter, larger, more compelling, more urgent. Eirianna immediately threw her arm over her eyes, crying out to her companions to do the same. Thus it was that the ensuing events were not seen but only heard... which was quite enough.

Only the gods themselves should have the privilege of watching as man and orc are literally driven mad.

The moon sent it's light shooting down as if it was a great silvery sword, reaching into nook and cranny of Taunderon, slicing into eyes and entering brains... and there inducing immediate and quite total lunacy in whatever person it touched in that manner. The night became rife with cries and clashes as man turned against orc, and orc against man, and kind against kind, each one driven by the sudden, insane surety that friend had become foe.

In the end, there were none left of the warriors of man, nor of the grand army of orcs, other then the Scourge himself who watched with maddened eyes as his men scrabbled and screamed and ripped and tore each other to death...

...all save those who fell to the earth, drooling there in the simplistic pleasure they found in inscribing doodles in the dirt.

At length all became quiet. The moon backed off it's glacial fires, and became the full moon once again. Slowly Eirianna lowered her arm, then twisted round upon Gorfynt's back. She sent a solemn look toward her companions who rode up to join her then.

"I do not feel there will be much in the way of opposition, my friends," she said sadly, then swallowed. Then she made a clucking noise, and headed Gorfynt into the actual Keep itself.

Feileacan

posted 03-03-2003 07:26 PM    
Feileacan had never seen her Mistress in her full strenth before, and now that she had she cautioned herself to NEVER anger her to such an aweful extent. The Elf maiden had hid her eyes under her thick cloak while insuring that she remained close to Kronos and Landi the only others she fully trusted in thier little group besides Erianna of course. Now as she rode cautiously through the streets following closely behind the others she wondered if Erianna's magic could have inadvertantly harmed Talasti, for as annoyed as she had been with the child she still hoped to rescue him relatively unharmed. Feileacan glanced over at Kronos for a second smiling, but hoping he didn't see then turned her attention to looking about herself for a possible entrance to the dungeons where Talasti would likely be kept.

Beanlee Brothers

posted 03-04-2003 03:10 PM    
As D'Artagnan led his horse, near the front of the pack... three hobbits scurried in front of the beast, causing it in turn to buck D'Artagnan clear off...

The hobbits, terrified, tried to run back through the hole they'd came through....

Meanwhile, D'Artagnan lay unconscious apon a large pile of dead washed-up Orcs...

As for the hobbits, they were unsuccessful in their retreat... simple enough for Landi to pull each of them back into the open with his mysterious magics...

"Well... What do you have to say for yourselves?" Landi asked, not actually wanting any part of the answer...

The three hobbits broke into explanations at once... each trying to talk over the next...

Landi merely rolled his eyes,"well..." he said in a surprisingly calm fashion...

This seemed to work, as the hobbit farthest to the right took a step forward...

"Beanlee Brothers, three are we..."

"There's Sammy, and Gilli, and Bangly..."

The second hobbit took half a step forward...

"That's me..."Bangly said with a foolish grin on his face, he stepped back...

The first one continued...

"We drink, we dance, we cook..."

"Everything we seen, we saw, we took..."

The third, Gilli, now stood forward...

"Please take... a look... at this book..."

The other two halflings came to one knee, with there arms held wide, at the song's closing...

Gilli approached Eirianna, handing her a spell book...

"That'll be 100 gold pieces..." Gilli said, with the heart of a crooked salesman...

The hobbits, three, panted as they waited for a response...

[ 03-04-2003 03:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Beanlee Brothers ]

Eirianna

posted 03-04-2003 03:33 PM    
Eirianna whirled in surprise, taken somewhat aback by the sudden appearance of the Hobbits. But while the white wizard seemed to be chortling a bit through his beard, she only frowned.

How serendipitous indeed is this arrival... and heralded by the felling of one of our own! she thought as she slipped from Gorfynt's back and approached the fallen D'artagnan. The little hobbit just followed her, still holding out the book as she knelt over the young man, laying a cool hand against his forehead and trying to assess what damage he might have obtained in his fall.

Behind her, the hobbit pressed his book, asking again for the money. She turned a concerned look upon the little hobbit, her hand still upon D'artagnan's brow, but remained quiet as she reassessed the situation. Then she shot a look to the wizard as if to say,

What know you of books of spells, white one?

Still debating, and knowing full well she herself had no gold, she turned again to D'artagnan, smiling sadly as the image of him laying there segued into one of hundreds of men and orcs laying dead as a direct result of the spells she had invoked, and without the need for any mere book to guide her.

LandiTheWhite

posted 03-04-2003 07:57 PM    
"We need nothing of spell books..." Landi said for all to hear...

Sammy Beanlee now spoke up,"Beanlee brothes, three are we... surely something we sell to thee... information, perhaps?"

"I doubt a hobbit would be useful enough as a reliable source... you're lucky you still stand, consider that your payment..." Landi said, now turning to see if Eirianna had any luck reviving the fallen D'Artagnan...

"I say, princess... are you in need for a spot of potion for the fallen man?"

He waited at that...

Feileacan

posted 03-04-2003 07:45 PM    
Feileacan hurried over to Erianna's side shooting a look at the newcomers.
"Milady, is there anything i can do?"

Arandil

posted 03-05-2003 05:38 AM    
The ranger was sitting on the wet, muddy ground amongst the bodies. He stared blankly ahead. Thoughts went over his mind...his brother...the Dunlending...and now D'Artagnan.

I wonder what has happened to his father. The Steward would have sent him instead of his son...

Now...hobbits (THREE hobbits!) have become involved in something they should have no part of. Nonetheless, this is the work of the hand of fate, and Arandil believed it would give him the reason why such things are happening. An Elven sorceress, two Elven warriors, two Men of Gondor, a Wizard, and now Hobbits...

With Orcs now joining sides with a sorceress in a Kingdom of Man. Could this be it? The time Arandil long feared? Maybe his destiny is starting to form before him...but his brother could still yet be alive...

And this is my destiny instead...to simply find him and bring him back.

He still held the charm Eirianna had given him...and it instilled hope in him. Hope for what, Arandil had yet to comprehend.

The ranger stood up abruptly, and finally unslung his bow, pocketing the charm in the process. "If we are to revive D'Artagnan, it must be quick. We are still unsure whether the Orcs have truly been scattered, or that there are more coming..."

Eirianna

posted 03-05-2003 12:52 PM    
Eirianna rose to her feet with a nod.

"Indeed, time is of the essence," she finally agreed, although the wealth of bodies laying about would seem to give mute testimony otherwise. But she was not so stupid as to think the battle had been won that quickly.

The sorceress was still ahead... and orcs can always be created....

"This man needs assistance; Feileacan, if you have healing properties please tend to him. We cannot wait here long; who will stand by until he awakens?"

She cast her clear gaze about, yet even while she waited reply she pulled the little mushroom cap from her pouch. Now moving to capture a bit of water which was dripping from nearly everywhere she looked, she then made a mystical motion over the cap, and peered into it.

Her eyes cut upward, and she nodded ahead.

"There ahead of us is the Grand Hall, where we must leave our mounts. In the back is a small door; it is through that which we must travel if we are to find and rescue Talasti. We must go forth quickly, and achieve our goal, and leave this place in haste. I fear that what has happened here might indeed be used in turn against us; I-- I had no choice but to do as I did."

Not wanting to speak any further of the two Great Magicks she had inflicted upon Taunderon, she turned and approached Gorfynt. She gently laid her face against his shoulder, quietly stroking his neck and murmuring her distress over her actions.

But when she pulled back and turned round to face her companions, her demeanor had changed from that of a princess to that of a warrior. She replaced the mushroom cap in her pouch, and unslung her bow.

"Shall we proceed?" she continued without so much as a trace of grief in her voice.

Indeed, there would be time enough for grief later.

Kronos

posted 03-05-2003 01:01 PM    
"You there..." Kronos spoke to a Beanlee brother...

"100 gold pieces for the safekeeping of our fallen..." He now turned to Feileacan,"Unless you wish to stay by his side, of course..."

There would be no waiting for answers, as the wizard, the man, the elven prince, and the daughter of the moon rode to the small door in the back of the Grand Hall...

It was unlocked, with a swift kick from Kronos...

He allowed Eirianna to gain passage, after he cleared the passage...

For she, and her mushroom, could lead the way...

Eirianna

posted 03-05-2003 02:06 PM    
Eirianna gave her companions a meaningful look, and then strode without hesitation through the little door in the back of the Grand Hall. Beyond it lay a tiny stone corridor, one dripping with mosses and black molds, and dimly lit by feebly flickering wall sconces.

Eirianna's nose wrinkled but she proceeded ahead without pause. Through that corridor they progressed, coming to stairs then which led them upwards for a seeming eternity...

...only to open up into a lonely little hallway, a door at it's far end.

Eirianna moved with deep intent, descending upon that door and then standing aside as Kronos came up behind her to "unlock" it. It flew open beneath his booted foot, revealing a richly apportioned bedroom covered with silken wall hangings and stuffed and mounted creatures and strange devices.

It appeared to be empty. Directly ahead was an open doorway leading to a balcony.

"Be wary, all!" Eirianna cried, now uncaring as to who might hear her. "She is beyond, upon that balcony, and with her is young Talasti! But take a care; there is one in hiding within this room... and another progressing here, an orc of some stature; they will not stand idly by while we take that which we have come to take!"

With that her hand flew, a steak of pale light in the gloom of the luxurious room, and an arrow was suddenly held against the tautly pulled string of her bow. She proceeded forward toward that balcony, her eyes everywhere at once, knowing each in their party would do his or her utmost to see to the protection of them all.

Adra Slavonic

posted 03-06-2003 12:49 AM    
Adra smiled a smile full of utter wickedness and something else to young Talasti, then leaned in and returned his kiss, her lips sweet and warm, the kiss passionate and very dark...

...even as the moon strove to blind them as well as it was the unsuspecting men below. Adra summoned the powers of her staff to forge a hedge protection made of darkness about she and Talasti, letting her lips linger on his for a seemingly endless moment as she sought to spark that something dark she sensed within him, yearning to bring it to full life. Then she pulled back from him, turning to the carnage caused by the elven woman...

...for Adra was now certain it was her...

...as the the moon returned to its natural state once more.

"They wreak havoc and destruction on men, for they have no true leader..." she said, waving her hand expansively to indicate the dead bodies below her. "With the One Ring, we would have the power and authority to bring order to Middle Earth...

an order lead by you and I, my dear Talasti."

Adra fell silent at this, keenly aware of the approach of others...

"They come now, already with the intent to harm and destroy," she whispered.

Taking her staff in her right hand, she wrapped an arm about Talasti and drew him to herself, leading him inside the bedchambers once more. She paused once she stepped foot into the bedchambers, her arm still companionably about Talasti.

But her eyes were positively glacial.

"You would kill countless men for one who may indeed not wish to return with you at all?" she queried icily, turning now to young Talasti...

...all the while her senses where keenly aware of the fact that yet one more lurked whom she was most interested in meeting...

She leaned over and whispered seductively into Talasti's ear. "She who used her powers to kill so many hides still...

She turned and faced the approaching group. "I ask you all, what sort of princess kills innocents with reckless abandon?"

[ 03-06-2003 12:54 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

Kronos

posted 03-06-2003 01:13 AM    
((OOC: Please follow all to "When the night is bright, you will rise to find yourself"... thank you...))

[ 03-06-2003 01:29 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kronos ]