my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » Beyond the Wydde Wood (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Beyond the Wydde Wood
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-28-2002 01:41 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood out upon the balcony which hugged the convoluted perimeter of Moon's Keep as a lover embraces his beloved. Her slender hands gripped the bark of the natural wood handrail, relishing the feel of its roughness against her fingers. She leaned out, her head held slightly back, her long hair flowing pale and freely in the moonlight, and let her eyes close that she could reach out with her other senses to seek after what the Night and the Moon would bring unto her.

Above her, peeping coyly through the tapestry of the forest's crown, the full moon sent a pale blue light into Moon's Keep, providing her home with enough illumination that the sentry torches had long ago been extinguished. She trembled beneath the soft kiss of that light, feeling it fill her with a strength she only felt but one day in two fortnights, trembled with energy and magick withheld, but also with something else.

She was lonely. Hecate, her faithful wraith, had just returned with yet more information of goings on in the great and unknown realms beyond Wydde's Wood. Even as she stood there, reaching out with a visceral instinct toward the soft paleness of the moonlight the wraith was weaving through the trees, his long-feathered wings flapping noiselessly as he circled and twisted and dove. Every so often he let out a low cry, one which arrowed into her heart with the unerring aim of one of her own finding its target; her trembling grew stronger in spite of herself, and she sighed.

So badly did she wish to depart these woods, as beautiful as they were, even though they were home, and she the Keeper of the Sward.

So badly....

Hecate sounded out into the night once again, and the Daughter of the Moon merely cried slow, icy tears of frustration in reply.

[ 12-28-2002 06:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 12-28-2002 07:41 PM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feilecan ran through the woods with hardly a care. She loved the night and the moon flittering down through the trees. It was nearing midnight but the young elf - if you can call 3000 years young - had not a thought of returning to her Father's house. The night was soft and warm, not too humid, not too dry, perfect spring weather. Laughing she hopped over a tiny brook and reached up to feel the softness of the newly opened buds. Off in the distance an owl screeched, bringing her out of thought, but she quickly laughed and ran on, letting her feet dictate her path for now. Suddenly she came to a slight opening in the forest and gazing out she caught a glimpse of the Moon's Keep. She had never travelled so far in the woods before and the beauty of the building exceeded all that her father had ever told her. She walked out towards it in wonder and looking up saw the woman up on the balcony. An instance of doubt hit Feileacan, could she be looking at the Daughter of the Moon? She had never seen her before but the woman standing there just had the look of this powerful woman, the look Feileacan believed she would have. Not thinking about what she was doing Feileacan called up to the woman,
"Excuse me, but are you truly the Daughter of the Moon? For you have her likeness."

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 216.238.140.224
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-28-2002 07:46 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Meanwhile in another region of Middle Earth...

As the darkness of the night enfolded the Earth in her dark and foreboding embrace, Adra Salavonic worked busily in her chambers, casting spells to send her demonic forces outward once again to seek the Ring which she had yet to find, her hunger for its power prodding her onward. This task completed to her satisfaction, she reached for her crystal, throwing her head back and closing her eyes, her dark tresses tossed asunder like a crashing wave.

She would find the Ring; failure was not an option. But, in the meantime...

When she opened her icy blue eyes and let her gaze fall into her crystal, the image of a man, sleeping peacefully in the beds that only royalty could give, appeared. She smiled evilly; knowing how very much he trusted her to protect the region with her magicks. He was playing into her plan so very, very perfectly...

Muttering a spell in some dark and unknown tongue, the images of war-mongers haunted his once blissful sleep. He awoke suddenly, and, a thought now implanted in his brain, stood and robed himself, departing his chambers altogether.

Adra’s smile only darkened further. She stepped away from her crystal and hurriedly headed for her own ill-used bed chambers, waiting. In moments the expected knock fell upon her door; she took her time in opening it, pretending to be surprised at the King’s arrival.

She bowed her head humbly, then looked into the King’s eyes. “What troubles you, my Lord?”

“The dreams of our region’s fall is haunting me yet again,” he said simply.

“And...?” she queried, sensing something else, knowing there was something else.

He turned from her, drawing his robes about himself. “Again my decisions as King and leader of this region army trouble me, again did I make decisions which I know lead our destruction....”

At that he trailed, and Adra stepped out of her door, a blue-eyed gaze full of concern falling into his. “My Lord is a wise, cunning leader. He doubts himself far too much.”

The King did not respond. He turned and paced about Adra’s chambers, something clouding his vision. He did not note the vaguely dark smile which glinted her features, for she held it for the barest of moments.

“There are none who would oppose us, My Lord,” she commented in a deep and rich voice after a few moments of silence.

He whirled to face her. “The Elves, with their rings. It is always the Elves!”

Adra merely blinked her blue eyes innocently. “Without the Ring of Power, those rings mean nothing. But...should they find it...”

The King’s look darkened. For a long moment, Adra’s chambers fell deathly silent. She knew he was ready for what she planned next.

“There is another option,” she stated, waiting til she knew she had his full attention. “We could find the Ring first.

The King turned to eye her, pursing his lips, then a curious smile coming to them responded, “Yes...yes, perhaps we should...”

She stepped in closer to him, and laid a hand on his arm. “And we shall, My Lord.”

“And there is none better than you to find it,” he added, almost hypnotically.

“That is a wise decision my Lord; I shall make plans to do so as soon as the day breaks. But for now both you and I need our rest, and most certainly you. A King cannot rule when he has had little sleep...”

He smiled to her, then nodded. “You are right, as always, Adra. So wise...” he stated, trailing and gazing into her blue eyes as if hypnotized. She only smiled a somewhat vague little smile.

“Come my Lord, I have just the spell to have you sleeping like a baby,” she said lightly. Then, “Tomorrow...shall be a new day...”

[ 12-28-2002 08:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
L'Endriel

Loner

Member # 399

posted 12-28-2002 08:10 PM     Profile for L'Endriel   Author's Homepage   Email L'Endriel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Meanwhile, on the outskirts of the Wydde Wood...

L'Endriel fell flat on his back near the outskirts of the township. He heard someone spit, and slowly opened his eyes, feeling the human's saliva on his face.

"Youse angered enough o' us today. Git outta this town, an' don' come back...or you won' haf a'nudder chance to come back."

L'Endriel slowly stood up and regarded the group of drunks. He slowly fingered the handle of the axe next to his thigh, and toyed with thoughts of dismembering the entire group. A wry smile appeared on his lips. He would excuse their behavior today - after all, he had acted similarly more than once after downing one too many beers. So he simply dusted himself off, and walked away.

He could hear the humans jeer and laugh, predicting his doom as he walked off into the wood once more. He didn't know where he was, but that didn't matter. He found the woods to be a better companion than a human could ever be. It wasn't long before the sun fell, and L'Endriel purposely lost his way in the woods once again.

L'Endriel looked around. The trees in this forest seemed to be much older than any he had ever been in...and strangely, more beautiful. He went up to a nearby tree and felt the lines in the bark. He had never been in such a forest before.

L'Endriel stood silent. His ears involuntarily twitched. He heard a barely audible sound in the woods that didn't seem natural. There was a light rustling and cracking of leaves nearby. Instinctively, L'Endriel crouched down and approached the noise. What he saw surprised him.

There were four shadowy figures walking along a trail, with bows slung at their backs, all wearing grey cloaks that seemed to blend in with the coming night. He almost didn't follow them, until he noticed their hair. They were long and flowy, in locks of gold and silver. He involuntarily touched his own hair...it was so similar. Who were these people?

L'Endriel took a step forward and immediately regretted it. He winced as he looked down at the branch he had just stepped on. Maybe they didn't hear...

These thoughts were quickly brushed aside as L'Endriel looked up to see the four cloaked figures surrounding him. One had unsheathed a long, curved blade, which now was placed under L'Endriel's chin. He heard one of them whisper in some foreign tongue, and another reply. The blade quickly twitched, and was now next to his ear, holding back the long hair that hid it.

He heard a gasp. Then came the blindfold.

The next thing he heard was someone whisper in his ear, "You are trespassing on the Wydde Wood." The voice was heavily accented, and L'Endriel began to wonder who his captors were, before a sharp blade at the base of his back said all that needed to be said. He was to walk with them.

--------------------

...And my ties are severed clean, the less i have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign... - Metallica

Posts: 20 | From: Somewhere in the woods... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 172.190.237.249
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-28-2002 08:15 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna started a bit, then slowly turned her pale head until her clear gray eyes caught sight of where the unexpected voice originated. She blinked, the motion releasing her last tears to fall, where they traced a silvery trail down her smooth cheeks before drying upon them altogether. Leaning out farther, to catch the scent of the night breeze in her fey nostrils, she took a deep breath and then spoke.

"Your insights serve you well, child, for indeed it is the Daughter of the Moon you cast your gaze upon. And she bids you halt in your larkings, and wait for her arrival unto your side."

With those words she bowed her head but once, turned, and soon disappeared into the shadows of Moon's Keep. Long moments passed, broken only by the sighing of the wind, the rustle of the living trees, and the occasional cry of Hecate as he swooped and circled, ever faithful, ever watching over his Mistress.

Finally those myriad light night-noises were joined by the tapping of soft footsteps as, with the suddenness of a wave breaking upon a shoreline the Daughter of the Moon came out of the shadows of the forest itself, coming up from behind to quietly announce her presence to the unsuspecting child.

Feileacan appeared to gasp in surprise, whirling to find the object of her wonder literally at her heels.

"Am I what you expected, Child?" Eirianna whispered at last, her voice as musical as the kiss of moonlight on water. She held out a slender, pale hand to the young elf.

"Come, child, and ride the fair woods with me this night. I am faint for want of company, and stiff from lack of exercise."

With that she let out an eerie and not quiet natural keen; immediately a haunting return not quite of this world came wafting in response, borne along the back of moonbeams, as strong as the rising tide. There came a sudden rustling crash and her wonderful friend and steed, the beautiful Gorfynt, came trotting and prancing out from the dreaming green shadows. He came to a stop before the two of them, tossing his long and wavy mane, his spiraled horn glinting in the scattered light of the moon.

In one light leap the Daughter of the Moon was astride him. She leaned down, reaching a hand to Feileacan, who was yet standing in silent awe.

"Come child," she again enjoined her. "Come ride with me. Let me show you why it is that I am called the Daughter of the Moon."

She fell silent, feeling the strength of the animal beneath her, savoring his glossy hide and rippling muscles, feeling likewise the ever-growing power the creeping moonlight was sending down to her. Her hand extended toward the young elf, she waited in silence, smiling.

[ 12-28-2002 08:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

I share with the Night its magickal touch, bringing moonlight's caress to the commonplace.

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 12-28-2002 08:26 PM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feileacan smiled at the Daughter of the Moon and took her, climbing carefully onto the Unicorn's back. She's exactly how I thought she would be, Feileacan thought, why had I not gone with Father when he had offered me the chance before?

"My name is Feileacan, My Lady, my father is a member of your court, he has spoken often of you. I couldn't help but to notice a likeness between you and the Lady Galadriel of the old Lays, and your discriptions are so close, well I had to know if I truly was in the presence of one so esteemed."

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 216.238.140.224
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 12-28-2002 08:31 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Near Wydde Wood in the Middle Earth

The youth dragged his packaging along his back, hunching down in dispair as his mind rattled like the end of a snake's tail with fear. Talasti's foxy, gleaming eyes reached up at the moon that shined birghtly like the smile of a forest creature down at him. The reflection of the wind danced happily in the boy's mesmerized red fox eyes. His tough brown fabriced garment dragging along the surface, as his aimless motion forward came to an end with a thump. The boy's head hit against the ground, and he rolled down the hill into the plain terrian.

Talasti, the "Wild Fox Eyes" was not unconscious at all, but rather stunned by the sudden pain that throbbed in his head from the bounce on the hard foundation. Reaching into the physical strenght of the teenage body, he threw himself up, staring ahead at another row of trees. The young boy reached into his brain, grasping hold of his knowledge in past situations.

I have heard that many elves live in forests, just like I did in Mirkwood, maybe they would be kind enough to allow me rest there. Oooh, I'd hope so He thought to himself, shaking his head to rid himself from the stagnant pose.

Rushing forward in full-stride from his stationary placement down the hill, he reached a log in the forest where he fell down immeditately, as his mind hadn't pondered the thought of tripping over such an obstical. Standing up, he gandered over his shoulder, staring down at an incrested word on the log. It said..

"Wydde's Wood", which probably was done by a child, or possibile a Kingpin of the village that he had spectculated upon.

Turning himself around, he went back to his stride, aiming for what he believed was an opening in the forest, created by the citizens in the village, but it was hard to tell when the moon created such darkness. He remembered when his mother told him darkness was never the best of times to be out, even if the moon was there to guide you.

Another rule Broken, I am beginning to become more michevious every day.

At the end of that thought, the boy was before a fascinating archietured settlement. A smile crossed the face of the youth as he walked slowly, regaining his breath from his stride to the closest of citizens so that he could enter the shelter.

Standing before one of the elves, he smiled happily at him. Kneeling in a show of respect, he held his head down as he began to speak.

"I from Mirkwood would like to present myself as Talasti Durbliss. Thee of Mirkwood would be kind to settle myselves in these arrangements." The boy's eyes shifted upward, watching the akward looks of the guards. Shifting htemselves aside in a sign of agreement, the young boy ventured toward the village.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Posts: 27 | From: On the Run | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-28-2002 08:53 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Seeing that the King had fallen into a deep sleep aided by her magicks, Adra stood for a long moment nearby him, staring at him with her icy blues, her darker nature trying to take precedence over her deceptive kindness. She rose her right hand, fingers extended and palm downward, and drew her arm outward til the hand hovered over the poor King's face. She took a deep breath...

No Adra, not yet, you still need him should your plan succeed! she told herself. All in due time, all in due time...

At that she sighed and lowered her hand. Then, giving the King one final roving gaze she departed his chambers and returned to her own, again stepping to her crystal to gaze at the progress of her dark hordes and all who might be unfortunate enough to fall into their path...

--------------------

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-28-2002 08:59 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna smiled in return.

"The Lady Galadriel is my cousin, Child," she murmured softly, breathing deeply the horse-scent of Gorfynt's hide and hair and sweat. "She is ever my friend and compatriot of my youth; ahh, I miss the days we would ride these woods together.

"But come, Feileacan, let us do as I have not done lo too many years."

With that she let out a long, low whistle, like the call of the will-o'-the-wisp as it plays amidst the ferns and fen and shadows. Gorfynt let a mighty bugling cry crash out against the night, and leapt eagerly into its echoes, his cloven hooves raking and pounding the loamy earth, the small branches whipping and snapping in his wake as he slalomed through the trees as if mad.

At length they broke out onto a clearing, ringed with dark and quietly watching trees. The moonlight seemed to somehow sharpen as his light hooves bore his equally light burden into the midst of that clearing, where he stopped. He tossed his head, his mane flinging out, whipping into the faces of those yet astride his back.

Eirianna let out a great musical laugh, and stretched forth her arms to the brilliant moon above. It seemed to brighten, sending forth a veritable shower of silvery rays, which wrapped about the three of them where they stood: unicorn and elfling and Daughter of the Moon. For a long moment it warmed them in its strangely icy embrace; then a strange occurence broke the magick as yet more magick sprung to life in its radiance.

Eirianna shuddered as the silvery beams somehow... darkened, grew black and noisome, limned with a deep and coppery blood-glow like a moon during an eclipse. The entirety of the night seemed to lower down upon them; Gorfynt let out a wild scream as the trees ringing the clearing seemed to withdraw into themselves, suddenly afraid.

Astride her unicorn, the Daughter of the Moon broke out in a sweat as there upon the darkening surface of the moon, she saw the likeness of... someone.

A woman, dark, beautiful, smiling...

And powerful. Somehow, very very powerful.

She gasped, flinging herself backward, her hands entwined in Gorfynt's mane, bringing him to a back that he literally snapped the strange rays that had bound them to the moon. Then she turned to her companion.

"We ride as the wind to Moon's Keep, child! No play for us this night!"

With that she let out a cry of fear and trepidation and haste, urging Gorfynt onward, back into the forest to her home. His horn broke a path before them as they fled back in silence, deep in the night.

[ 12-28-2002 09:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-28-2002 09:31 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra gazed intently into her crystal, her attentions spread in many different directions as her hordes sought outward for the Ring, never to cease until it was found. One of those particular scenes caught her interest...

A beautiful blonde elf woman, astride a strong and mighty unicorn with another of her kin, apparently fleeing somewhere. Adra smiled darkly, an evil idea sparking in her mind as she reached to lay a hand on the crystal and once again mutter in a dark and demonic language...

...then froze, suddenly frowning.
Fleeing? But then, the elves did have magicks of their own, maybe...

Adra's dark smile returned once more. Intrigued by the older of the two elves, she reached out to the demon forces that were yet lurking in the wood where the two lady elves were even now.

This one seems stronger than any common elf. Find out more, my evil minions...

...find out more...

[ 12-28-2002 10:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

L'Endriel

Loner

Member # 399

posted 12-28-2002 11:36 PM     Profile for L'Endriel   Author's Homepage   Email L'Endriel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
L'Endriel felt the bindings that held his hands together cut loose, and the blindfold around his eyes lifted. He turned around to see the four scouts staring back at him...outside of the cell. One of them was holding his two hatchets. Immediately L'Endriel leapt towards him, reaching through the bars for his weapons.

The elf slowly took one step back, just out of L'Endriel's reach, but the half elf continued to reach out desperately. Suddenly he realized how ridiculous he looked, and regained his composure.

"Why have you brought me here? I have done nothing wrong."

A smile curled on one of the scouts' lips. "We'll see about that soon enough. It is said that the Lady of the Keep can read into the hearts of men. We'll see what your intentions were for coming into the woods with these." The elf held up the two axes.

"Wha...are you kidding me? Those are for self defense!"

The elf simply stared at L'Endriel.

"We shall find out in the morning...or whenever the Lady chooses to decide your fate. Until then, you shall be confined here."

With that, the scout turned on his heel, and exited the jail, with his subordinates following. L'Endriel slumped down. Who was this lady?...and who in Middle Earth were these people? They looked similar to himself...and yet, they were so different...it was almost as if they had aura surrounding them that infinitely separated themselves from lesser beings.

L'Endriel looked around at his cell. At least it was clean. He slowly stretched out on the floor. Sleep would not come easy tonight. There were so many questions, and so little answers...

--------------------

...And my ties are severed clean, the less i have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign... - Metallica

Posts: 20 | From: Somewhere in the woods... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-28-2002 11:54 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna crouched forward over Gorfynt's withers, her hands clutching great masses of his mane, her hair whipping behind her to slap into the face of the rider seated behind her. Tears watered her eyes from the wind the great unicorn stirred up in his mad dash back into the woods, that and the occasional small branch whose leaves sliced against her face as they rushed pell-mell through them. Beneath her hands she could feel the pounding ripple of Gorfynt's muscles as he bore them onward, slipping at a madman's pace in and out of the great elven trees which stood in silent sentinel over Wydde's Wood.

Suddenly the shadows of the woods grew darker, and a leathery rustle came sliding into her ears. She gasped, clutching against Gorfynt's protection with both hands now and daring to turn her head to take a quick peep behind her.

There, over Feileacan's shoulder, she thought she saw a hint of... something. Something black and noisome and dark and evil and deathly, deathly quiet save for that occasional leathery rustle it put forth. From somewhere above there came Hecate's piercing keen; she jumped, nearly unseating herself, and turned to face forward once again.

"Hurry, my friend, oh please hurry!" she encouraged the unicorn, half frightened out of her wits...

...and not for her own sake, or for that of her elven companion.

For some unfathomable reason, she was suddenly shaken to her very soul for the sakes of all those dwelling within Middle Earth... and beyond its borders as well.

Crouching ever closer to Gorfynt's moving shoulders, she made herself into the semblance of a burr, and remained stuck there, immobile upon his back, that he should take her and Feileacan back to Moon's Keep before that awful leathery rustle descended upon them in full force.

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-29-2002 12:12 AM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra's eyes slitted as she watched the scene of the elven women upon the horse with keen intrest through the eyes of her demonic horde. Her attentions were again drawn to the older of the two, and her eyes slitted further.

This one knew...something. That would never do...

Sensing the imminent arrival of daybreak, Adra stretched out to her minions, her hand hovering over her crystal as she uttered a demonic order.

Now clouding the image of the scene still playing out in her crystal, a large and oily figure, not of any flesh of man nor dwarf nor elf but of the evils dwelling in the Earth, appeared in the direct path of the unicorn. The unicorn halted and neighed, suddenly finding itself and its riders surrounded by several demons, rising onto its hind legs in protest.

Adra grinned darkly.

Let's see what happens now...

[ 12-29-2002 12:13 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-29-2002 12:31 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A great gasp wrung from Eirianna's lips as Gorfynt reared his protest, his cloven hooves lashing out, sharp and deadly in the shadows. Behind her she heard that gasp mimicked as Feileacan lost her balance and slid off the rear of the unicorn. She landed on the forest duff with a soft exhalation of breath, even as the hind hooves of the rearing animal shifted perilously close to her slight frame.

The Daughter of the Moon had scant seconds in which to react... but she was not entitled thus purely for her features. Now her pale brow lowered and a hint of blackness oiled in her gray eyes, turning the mare of them into eclipsing Night. Gorfynt remained upright, suddenly transforming his entire aspect from a panicking animal into a trained war-steed. His great hooves continued to lash out even as Eirianna began the one spell which would save them.

For although dusk hovered at the horizon... the full moon had not yet set.

Now she let go of her grip upon Gorfynt's mane and stretched both hands out toward the circling darkness. Her fingers spread wide, pulling low and off to the side where the lowering moon hovered. Something mystical and magickal and utterly inherent to her very being reached out then, taking up great handfuls of moonstuff and grasping it with the caress of a lover.

"To our aid, come ye now, oh Harbinger of Night and Light!" she cried out a great clarion call, one echoed by Gorfynt's accompanying trumpet. Then she flung out her hands in two wide arcs, scattering the moonstuff directly into the eyes of the demonic horde which ringed them.

It flew into those dark and drear and shadow-seeking orbs... and blinded them entirely.

Before they could gather their wits about them, she flung her body sideways from the unicorn, even as he whirled about on his hind feet. Grasping Feileacan with a hold born of sheer will, she yanked her once more astride her steed, and once again uttered her keening whistle.

Gorfynt needed no further urging. He leaped forward, cloven hooves managing to slice into the hideous non-flesh of at least one demon as with one mighty jump he escaped their blinded circle, rushing off deeper and deeper into the protection of Wydde's Wood. Soon the glimmering stone of Moon's Keep was before them; Eirianna wasted no time but rode her steed directly into the Gates and into the Grand Hallway of the Keep. There she slid from the sweating and trembling Gorfynt, her own knees buckling beneath her as she slid to the floor at his hooves, panting, waiting for someone to come to her.

[ 12-29-2002 12:35 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-29-2002 12:57 AM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As her demons were blinded, Adra could only watch the scene from afar through her crystal by the eyes of those demonic forces which lingered back at a great distance. Once the majority of the action had taken place, Adra rose to her feet in anger, every muscle now tensed, balled both fists and slammed one of them against the wood of the table upon which her crystal sat.

This one was more powerful than she had even suspected...

She snarled at that, her right hand again reaching for the crystal which had been jostled to the side of the table with her blow. She moved it back to center and caressed it a bit, reaching out to cast one final spell before the day broke.

She had to stop this elf who had such power, which meant that she must first FIND her.

Reaching outward, she murmmered a spell which would in turn cement the trail which the unicorn laid in the ground of the forest. Likewise she called back the remainders of her demonic horde from that region altogether until nightfall graced them once again and she could lay further plans to find this one. Then, as the light of the sun began to glint through the darkness, Adra turned and headed for her bed chambers, weary from an evening full of work, pleased to know that she would not be disturbed by the King for some time...

[ 12-29-2002 01:01 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 12-29-2002 02:07 AM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The black haired youth walked leisurally ahead, observing his surrondings for the most likely residence that would allow him to slumber for a matter of hours before he took on his stride to the Ring. Talasti's head fell down in thought as he felt rummble thorought the terrian of the village.

Glancing over his shoulder he watched a fearful unicorn stampeed down an unmarked straight path toward the Keeper that was ahead. Dodging the collision, he looked over his shoulder in ineterest as one of his young age would. Excitment aroused him at the very moment of the intersecting path, and he took full stride at the posterior of the horse decendant. In the middle of his bolting dash, he lept with the might of 5 men, and grabbed onto the tail of the animal. Clutching onto the hairs of the unicorn, he was dragged painfully along the foundation of the forest. Rolling about during the session of horrid pulling, he came to a sudden stop.

He laid unconscious behind the object, not yet seen by the rider who had slipped off the creature, with a frantic, tremulous emotional apperance on her face. The youth could hear in the hush of the halls the gagging breath of the woman. The boy silently, and promptly arised, his legs wiggling with agony. Straining them to a normal state, he creeped to her side, staring down at her, who had yet to feel the presence of the boy. Kneeling down, he ran his finger along her hair, his touch filled with warmth.

Rolling his fingers gradually down her cheek and under her chin, he softly pushed it up to reveal himself to her eyes. Smiling in pleasure, he began to speak.

"M'lady, what is the problem that has sunk you to such despair?" Talasti questioned with concern, as his tender but sly cunning eyes pierced into her's with a gleeful aura. He her response, loose though his body throbbed with pain from the ride.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-29-2002 02:29 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gorfynt gave a doleful whicker, dancing about, his sharp hooves making sparks against the stone of the Keep's Grand Hall as he strove to keep from kicking outright the thing which had grasped hold of his tail and was only now releasing it. Such an instinctive movement ran the risk of harming the Daughter of the Moon, however, so he kept himself relatively still and only trod up and down in place, lashing out instead with that offended member at the young elf who had the effrontery to treat him in such a manner. The tail whipped the elven's backside, but he paid it no heed.

Gorfynt merely snorted, quieting as beside him Eirianna began to stir. She blinked her large gray eyes, luminous as the moon over which she held her sway, and directed them into the foxy pair which had come from seeming nowhere to stare down into her own.

Suddenly she realized that her position there upon the floor was unbecoming of her stature... but sure as the moon cycled she could not find the strength yet to rise. It was as though the very proximity of those hideous things, whatever in Middle Earth -- or beyond -- they were, had leeched her life and elan and very heart's energy from her. She shuddered, not daring to think of them, knowing she had to get word of their danger to the King.

"It is--" she began to answer the mysterious young elf, when she stopped. Danger most dire indeed lurked near, but it was not her way to frighten those who needed not learn of it. At least not yet. Better she hold council with her father as to what best to do; she managed a smile, and continued on, her voice firmer.

"It is nothing; I merely rode too swiftly, for my dear Gorfynt holds the heart of the eagle and the freedom of the wind in his breast," she fabricated smoothly. Now her smile broadened into a more natural one, and she let the shadows sink away from her eyes.

"But who are you, my fine young man, to come to the aid of the Daughter of the Moon in her apparent distress?" she asked at length, now rising to her feet. He rose up with her, his hand still lightly touching her chin, and she found much to her chagrine that she had to look up to meet his eyes.

So tall for a youth! she couldn't help but think. Then after helping Feileacan from Gorfynt's back, she turned her attention back to the young elf. Her brow lowered in concern as she noted at length the fact that he was scraped and torn from his mad career behind the galloping Gorfynt, his clothing ripped, his hair dusty and askew. She gasped a little, reaching out to him.

"But you are injured!" she murmured, letting her hands run over his sturdy young frame, seeking to discover whether those words were true or not. "Need you assistance, my friend?"

[ 12-29-2002 11:52 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 12-29-2002 02:43 AM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The rustled through the black hair of the young elven, who stared down at the woman. A woman she was indeed, far older then the age of the boy, and the inspiration of arousment was shut down hurriedly. He noticed the question that she had during his blissful stagnant state of mind, and body. Gathering his words as he opened his mouth, he began his response.

"I need not that of physical assistance, only shelter for a few hours and I will be on my way for the Powerful Ring." The youth blurted out the reference to the Ring without thinking, and shoot himself back in suprisment of his own words. Gulping down on the statement as if he could retrieve it from reality, but it was obvious that these words were untouchable as time and the wind had drifted them along into the keen atuned ears of the female elven.

He glanced down, awaiting her response to his idiotic statement, revealing to much to just an aquatint.

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-29-2002 03:01 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The words uttered by the young elf shot every last remnant of fatigue from Eirianna's body... but did little toward lessening her growing uneasiness.

What manner of Night does the moon in its fullness take from us? she wondered to herself as she now let her hands fall to her side. Blinking her gray eyes, noticing the obvious discomfiture of the young and yet-mysterious elf, she chose to interpret his suddenly downcast eyes as being positioned thus from respect.

She smiled softly.

"But of course, I am remiss. There is room for the weary and the Knight Errant in this Keep," she said softly, her voice, though a near whisper, echoing off the stones of the Grand Hallway. Turning, she clapped her hands and was immediately approached by a retinue of her court. They proceeded to make a fuss over her and Gorfynt, but she waved them away with an impatient gesture of one hand.

"Take care of this traveler; he has gone far, and is much wearied from road and wind," she stated, turning her head toward Talasti and giving him a sly wink. Then she clasped her hands afront her, and grew solemn.

"See to the needs of my dear Gorfynt, but let him take his head as to where he would lay it to rest this coming day."

With that she nodded the retinue to leave, and turned herself to go to her father and reveal all she had observed this night when she was approached by yet another of her court. He sank down to kneel on one knee before raising his head to inform her of the Prisoner they had taken within the Keep.

She sighed at the news, wanting nothing more than to go clean herself up and fall into a deep and dreamless slumber. But many are the duties of the Daughter of the Moon; she dismissed the elf and after nodding to the two young elves who yet lingered near the quiet Gorfynt, now turned and hurried to the dungeons of the Keep. Not only did she want to get this over with quickly, but wanted to relieve the prisoner of his shackles should it prove unnecessary to keep him thus entrapped. Freedom, after all, was a personal right guaranteed to all those who dwelled within Wydde's Wood, and if innocent she didn't want to keep him from his own freedom a moment more than she had to.

Her feet tripping lightly against the stones, she hurried from the Hall, and soon approached the barred cage in which the newcomer was being held. He rose to his feet at her arrival, neither bowing before her nor striving to appear haughty.

For a moment she stood silent, taking a small bit of time to gather herself together. Then closing her eyes, she laid her hands upon the cold iron of the imprisoning bars, and with her talents reached out to delve deeply into his heart.

[ 12-29-2002 03:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Eirianna ]

--------------------

Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 12-29-2002 03:14 AM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Talasti on the path down the hall to one of the shelters by the elves, he thought thoroughly about his confrontation with the girl, and was very disturbed by his own blurting statement. It throbbed in his consciousness like a disease that was venomously biting at his brain. Entering the room, he glanced over and bowed to them in a show of respect for their guidance.

Turning about he fell down on the bed. Rolling inside the comfortable wartmh of the covering clothes he wrapped them tightly along his body. He fell into a quick slumber as rest would destroy his vex mentality, and possible gain a response to his own statement ot the female elf that he had presented himself to in a helping hand.

ZZZZzzzzZZ...

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

L'Endriel

Loner

Member # 399

posted 12-29-2002 10:31 AM     Profile for L'Endriel   Author's Homepage   Email L'Endriel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
L’Endriel stood up, at first simply staring at the ground, waiting for this lady to pass judgement on him. When he looked up, however, he was stunned, and almost instinctively kneeled in reverence. Such was the effect the kin of Galadriel held on those who had never seen them before.

L’Endriel maintained his composure...barely. This lady was the key to his freedom. If she did not find him innocent of whatever crime the scouts thought that he was committing, he would rot in this cell for a long time. Without knowing it, L’Endriel assumed a defiant pose, crossing his arms across his chest, and matching the lady’s gaze.

He examined the lady’s face, looking for any sign of what she was thinking. It seemed that her thoughts were...well, he was no reader of minds, was he? It was obvious, however, that her mind was elsewhere.

"Hey...Hey...HEY!"

The lady seemed to wake from her previous thoughts.

"I’m the one in the cage, and yet you look more distressed than I do. Why don’t you just release me?"

[ 12-29-2002 10:32 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by L'Endriel ]

--------------------

Posts: 20 | From: Somewhere in the woods... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-29-2002 11:48 AM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A brief smile flitted across Eirianna's features, chasing away all outward appearance of fatigue and worry. She had long ago ascertained the pureness of the heart before her, and now was seeking to determine its stamina.

Most, in such a position, failed this one small test of hers, a test she always delivered much to the chagrine of her father, who thought such to be something of a waste of time. This person was no exception.

She then turned her vision outward, letting her gaze fall upon the gleaming, if somewhat widened, eyes of this captive, and continued her contemplation of him in silence. Those eyes of his seemed to ripple and shine like sudden quicksilver in his countenance; indeed, such were truly the windows to the soul, and now she sought to peer through those shining panes.

She said nothing yet, merely letting her own eyes grow glacial, unfocused, and piercing. They melded with his, dancing along their mercuric surfaces, peeping into his being to decipher things he had undertaken, despairs he had long borne, loves he had found and lost, and the many, many fights he had done likewise.

Something deep within their depths flowed into her cells, like the smoke of a morning's mist. Insidious... and chilling for being long ignored. She couldn't help the one small gasp which fled her lips; quickly she pulled back a moment to regain her own composure, then pressed herself snug against the bars of his prison.

A slender hand beseeched him through those bars.

"Come hither," her hypnotic and musical voice beckoned him, filling the chamber with its rich contralto overtones. She said no more but remained in that position, one arm stretched out toward his head, that he should bring it within reach of her touch.

--------------------

Posts: 53 | From: In the deep of the gloaming | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 12-29-2002 03:26 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Duath shivered involontarily, the tower permiated an aura of unfathomable darkness. His elfish sword glowed uneasily in his hand.
"I know the shadow has a strong hold here but we must bear this for now. This is the tower of the dark sorceres no doubt, if the ring is found it will be brought here before it goes to Barad Dur the dark tower. We must serve the darkness for a time if we hope to find the One." he whispered soothingly, speaking more to himself than to the blade. Elfish weapons had a magickal awareness about them but he was not foolish enough to mistake this awareness for sentiece. No, the weapons magical instincts could not be soothed by reason, and he new that. It was his own unease he hoped to ussuage.
Duath wrapped himself in his gray elfish cloak, hoping its magick would hide him from unfriendly eyes. Slowly he aproached the dread castle.

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 148.249.128.172
L'Endriel

Loner

Member # 399

posted 12-29-2002 03:42 PM     Profile for L'Endriel   Author's Homepage   Email L'Endriel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
At first, L’Endriel took a step back, apprehensive and fearful of the lady. There was something about her – some great power that was beyond his own comprehension, and it gave him great fear. Slowly, he looked up, at met her gaze again. Strangely enough, he almost felt as if she knew him better then he knew himself. Curiosity was beginning to take control.

L’Endriel’s eyes narrowed as he looked at her face, her look warm and inviting. She held her hand with her palm open through the bars, beckoning him...

Every bone in his body was telling him not to trust her. But he took a step forward, and another step, and another step, and he was now within reach of the lady.

--------------------

Eirianna

Daughter of the Moon

Member # 397

posted 12-29-2002 03:58 PM     Profile for Eirianna   Author's Homepage   Email Eirianna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Eirianna's eyes gradually lidded, slowly dropping with each step the prisoner took until they were all but completely closed when he finally came to a halt, just within reach of her fingers. Those fingers caressed gently against his cheek, then took up a lock of his shining hair, holding it up to reveal one well-formed yet non-pointed ear. She grunted then, letting the lock ripple through her fingers like golden silk, finally releasing it altogether and stepping back from him once again.

A frown creased her smooth brow.

What manner of being is this, who comes armed as a dwarf, with the demeanor of man, yet within whose bones I sense the singing of my very own kith?

For a moment she stood, quietly contemplating him. Then she made up her mind.

The movement one swift and sure of itself, she opened the door to the imprisonment, waving away the suddenly nervous sentries as she did so.

"He shall come with me to my King," she announced in a tone of voice that brooked no argument. Then giving the man she so easily recognized now as being a halfling of her own kind, she turned and began leading the way to her Father's rooms.

From somewhere beyond the Keep, the ever-circling Hecate cried, his feathers shimmering like spun silver in the gradually strengthening daylight.

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e