my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Tales of Middle Earth   » Beyond the Wydde Wood (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Beyond the Wydde Wood
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-30-2002 08:36 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra was interrupted from her dark musings as two guards approached the throne room, a human whose features, as they brought him more closely to her, were quite visably covered with scars. She cocked her head slightly, her features the very picture of pure kindness, and spoke as the guards finally stopped with their charge before her. She did not request they release him, however.

"Greetings to Taunderon," she said calmly and regally. "What brings a man, dressed in an elven cloak and adorned with an elven sword, to our parts?"

At that she fell silent, by all appearances merely waiting for an answer to the question that she had posed.

[ 12-30-2002 08:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

True power dwells where the shadows lie...

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 12-30-2002 08:53 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The scars on Duath's hands stretched and shifted as he clenched and unclenched his fists. This one was radiated dark magicks, she was more powerful than himself, and not by a small margine.

"Spare me your sweet facade, I am not one who is easily decieved by fairness of speach or body however conciderable," he said, sneering at the sorceress, "Now come down from your throne so that we may discuss matters which you might not wish your underlings to hear."

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 148.249.128.176
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-31-2002 01:44 AM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once again, by all appearances Adra was completely calm. But she was far from that.

This one would challenge HER, the great Sorceress?!

How dare he...

She flicked a cool gaze to the guards standing beside him. Then, standing, she descended the steps to the throne, stopping before him and casting a dark look into his eyes, not bothered in the slightest that she was considerably shorter than he was. Behind her, a wolf-like creature which she called Talon trailed, snarling, sensing the concerns of his Mistress.

She then looked to one of the two gaurds. "Take his sword," she said quietly. "My ever-faithful Talon will make certain I come unto no trouble from this one who would challenge the most trusted servent of the King."

She fell silent at that for a moment which passed in an eternity, waiting as the guardsmen, who were only doing their job, removed the sword and took it along with them, still hovering somewhere nearby should they be needed.

The tall and imposing Talon stepped beside the pair, and Adra backed up a step to look at this one. "Who are you?" she queried again, the look in her eyes this time born of the fire of Hell. "And what is this you think you know of me?"

She spoke no more at that, her icy-blue eyes pinning him even as Talon stepped in more closely as if he sensed the ever-increasing heat in her gaze.

--------------------

Posts: 48 | From: In a Region of Middle Earth | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.107.75
L'Endriel

Loner

Member # 399

posted 12-31-2002 02:48 AM     Profile for L'Endriel   Author's Homepage   Email L'Endriel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
L'Endriel clutched tightly to the oversized feathers of the eagle and kept his eyes completely shut. The eagle knew where to go...he had just explained to him the situation. After a moment or two, L'Endriel felt the wooshing of the air passing by stop, and opened one eye slightly, and then the other.

The eagle had caught up to the dark rider, and was now simply keeping up with the wraith below. Even the horse's speed, which was driven mainly by the madness caused by its rider, was no match for the eagle.

L'Endriel had experienced a wide range of emotions today...but the most memorable was the happiness he found in finding acceptance somewhere. He would not fail those who had taken him in as family.

Stupidly, L'Endriel let go, and jumped on the darkly cloaked figure below.

As soon as L'Endriel made contact with the wraith, time seemed to slow down immensely. He felt his life forces draining immediately, as if the wraith was feeding on his very soul. He saw dark spirits circling around him, laughing and mocking him. Slowly, L'Endriel fell from the horse, and heard his body hit the leaves on the forest floor. As soon as his body no longer was in contact with the undead creature, time speeded up again, and he gasped a mouthful of air, as if he hadn't breathed in ages. After what seemed like an eternity later, L'Endriel heard a second thump, and a horse neighing violently.

The sky above was spinning around wildly, and L'Endriel struggled to have his eyes focus. He forced his body to turn over, and saw another figure running towards him from the opposite direction. This one was not shrouded in darkness...but then, L'Endriel didn't exactly know what he was seeing. That was right before he blacked out.

--------------------

...And my ties are severed clean, the less i have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign... - Metallica

Posts: 20 | From: Somewhere in the woods... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 198.81.26.170
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 12-31-2002 02:53 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil sat on a fallen log and a took off his knapsack, bow, and quiver. He had been walking through this forest for hours, without rest, and with the sun fading from the sky. It was night now, and the cold wind swept threw the trees.

No point in following him now... he thought to himself as he placed the bag in front of him and took some bread out of it. The wind will be covering his tracks. I'll have to continue tomorrow at first light.

Arandil ate the bread, crunchy from being so dry. Afterwards, he unrolled the bedroll against the log for him to sleep on. "I wish those elves gave me a map about this forest..." he said to himself, looking up at the trees. "I have never been to this part of Rhovanion be--"

A horse neighing loudly interrupted Arandil. He looked to where it was coming from...

It's not far...maybe its just another traveller...

The neighing was then followed by a violent, inhuman shriek. The sound of it hurt his ears...and filled him with a strange sense of fear and dread.

...I have never heard a creature make that sound before. It is neither elf nor man...and it is certainly not the horse.

Curious, Arandil ran in the direction where the screams came from. He jumped over rocks and fallen trees, brushed leaves and branches out of his face, and stomped through mud as he got closer and closer.

The noise had stopped, and Arandil began to wonder if the source of it had already moved. The thought was answered when he was able to spot two dark figures in the forest.

As he got closer, Arandil slowly stopped running as he took in the sight before him.

Farthest away was the horse, standing quietly
in the night. But closer, and far more important, was a being clouded in a black cloak as if he were a living shadow.

Arandil only heard about this creature in stories of myth and legend...stories about horror.

A ringwraith... Arandil realized. He stood there, motionless by fear, as he watched the wraith drew out a long sword and crept closer to a body lying on the ground.

When Arandil saw the wraith's prey, he broke off from his trance and unsheathed his sword. With a cry he charged towards the wraith.

"Get back, soulless beast!" he cried. The wraith's hood shot up towards the oncoming challenger, and brought up its sword in defense. Arandil swung first, but was parried by the wraith and was countered by a slash to the neck. Arandil ducked from the attack, and sliced upwards. He heard the blade cut through the thing's cloak, yet the wraith seemed unhindered by the blow.

Arandil backed off, a look of surprise on his face. That would have killed any other man...

The wraith, seizing an opportunity, shrieked and dashed towards him. A flurry of strikes were launched against Arandil, and he parried and blocked as many as he could. But the wraith continued its offensive, forcing him to back up. Determined to finish the Man off, the wraith lunged forward with its blade. Arandil side-stepped to the right and swung at its side.

The blade cut deep, and the wraith screamed. However it simply stood back up and faced its opponent. Arandil swallowed as he brought his guard up. The creature strided towards him slowly, each thump with its armoured feet making Arandil feel a sense of hopelessness in defeating it.

When it came close enough to dash forward and engage Arandil again, the wraith stopped. Both opponents simply stared at each other.

For some reason, against his will, Arandil stared into the darkness within the hood. There was nothing there...yet there was something...familiar...deep inside...

"Issssssildur..." the wraith hissed. Then it started to back off. Arandil watched as it turned around and made way to its mount.

Witin moments, both figures had disappeared into the forest.

Isildur? Arandil thought.

A few minutes had passed before he finally noticed the body laid out on the forest floor. He quickly ran up to it and crouched.

He looks human...but his hair looks that of the inhabitants in Rivendell.

He leaned over and pressed his ear against his chest. "Still alive...and still breathing."

Arandil picked up the man, and carried him into the forest to his camp.

Some medicinal herbs will keep him from getting a sickness...

No sooner as he walked the path to his camp, there was another ringwraith shriek in the air...followed by another...and another...

[ 12-31-2002 09:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Arandil ]

--------------------

An heir to the Kings of Men, it is a hard life to live by...

Posts: 38 | From: The wild... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
Gorfynt

Proud and Swift Steed of the Daughter of the Moon

Member # 405

posted 12-31-2002 03:07 PM     Profile for Gorfynt   Author's Homepage   Email Gorfynt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He raced through the living shadows of Wydde's Wood, his blue eyes ablaze as his cloven hooves pounded the loam beneath him to a frenzy. Every so often he would toss his wild and beautiful head, using his gleaming horn to push aside hanging vine and creeping tendril which would otherwise bar his career. Snorting, he came to a pause in a whirlwind of duff, rearing up on his muscular haunches to lash the shadows with his razor-sharp hooves.

Somewhere a cousin of his cried out, a wild and foul sound which rent the air like a blade, and was soon joined by a ghastly shriek which came from nowhere and everywhere, descending upon Wydde's Wood in a shroud of black and decayed evil.

Gorfynt bugled an answering challenge, coming to earth in a rush of wind and flurry of dirt, lashing and pawing the soil beneath his feet, his cry bellowing over and over in reply. Then he turned and for the fourth time galloped the full perimeter of Moon's Keep, screaming his warning, the echoeing cries of the circling Hecate spurring him onward.

She did not answer their cries.

He bugled his frustration again, and set off at a mad pace, mane whipping, horn a-gleam, to complete yet another circling of the Home of his beloved.

[ 12-31-2002 09:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Gorfynt ]

--------------------

"...(I) take the Hidden Paths that run West of the Moon, East of the Sun..."

Posts: 4 | From: 'Neath shady bowers of Wydde's Wood | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 12-31-2002 03:17 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Still awaiting Duath's answer, her icy blues glued to him, she was ever-aware of the return of the Ringwraith with her new prisoner, the one who would be as foolish as to seek the Ring which would belong to her. She didn't change her stance a fraction, but merely directed the Ringwraith to disarm and place the still-unconscious Talasti in the dungeons of the castle once more. Quite nearly hearing the sound of chains placed upon the wrists and ankles of her capture and seeing the Ringwraith place his weapons in her chambers, Adra sent it out once more, leaving the unconscious Talasti to awake to his new fate. As she continued to lock her gaze with Duath, the fire in her eyes increased another degree as if to say I will not continue to wait forever.

[ 12-31-2002 03:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

L'Endriel

Loner

Member # 399

posted 12-31-2002 05:11 PM     Profile for L'Endriel   Author's Homepage   Email L'Endriel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The netherealm had a hard time letting go of those it seemed have within its grasp. L'Endriel would learn this lesson firsthand.

L'Endriel slowly opened his eyes as he woke from what seemed to be a deep sleep. His eyes seemed to want to stay shut, but he forced them half open. What he saw was a cold, grey world, in which a mist had settled. It was a forest, a wood that seemed incredibly familiar, and yet, the name of it seemed out of L'Endriel's mind's reach. He looked down and noticed the ground was moving. He was traveling somewhere. If he had his wits with him, it would've been obvious that he was being borne by someone or something, but that seemed irrelevant at the moment.

L'Endriel looked up to see a beautiful woman. She had long, flowy grey hair, and seemed to float alongside him. The ghost looked deeply into his eyes. A gentle smile appeared on her lips, and she raised her hand to carress the bruise on his cheek. L'Endriel looked down, grinning sheepishly in his stupor. He looked up again, wanting to see the mysterious lady's eyes once more. He met her gaze...but did not like what he saw.

As he looked in her eyes, he saw what he recognized to be his own face, but extrememly different. His cheeks were drawn and malnourished, with bags hanging from his eyes due to fatigue. His skin quickly deteriorated, leaving behind the fleshy substance of his face. This too, fell in glops around him...leaving only his bare skull.

A loud shriek awoke him from his nightmare, where thankfully, he was greeted by the gentle face of the grey lady once more. But her face changed as well. The pupils in her eyes seemed to disappear, and her eyes took on a single milky white color. Her face became drawn in, and and grim looking. Her mouth turned cruel, and she reached out a long and frail hand as she shrieked once more. Two more specters joined her on each side, answering her call.

L'Endriel blacked out again, only to be haunted by dreams of what he thought he saw.

[ 12-31-2002 05:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by L'Endriel ]

--------------------

...And my ties are severed clean, the less i have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign... - Metallica

Posts: 20 | From: Somewhere in the woods... | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 172.173.61.153
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 12-31-2002 05:18 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pure Darkness...

Awaken

A heat blow of the wind beckoned the boy to an awakening. His eyes shooting open quickly from the feel of the cold cement under him in the dungeon. The boy inscitantly attempted to move his arms down to push himself up, but he felt the vice grip of the chains refrain him from doing it. Frowning in displeasurement, he strolled through his brain, searching for an explaination of his existence in such a dark, cold place.

It was that monster, he attacked him.

Talasti's fear and anger overwhelmed him, so he responded in struggle. Rustling about, attempting slide his tightened fist through the olden, but still strong locks. After the moment of his dire attempted at escape and stopping, he leaned against the stone tiled wall. It's cold, horrific aura discomforting the boy, but he felt that these would be the walls that he would reside in for the rest of his life, so he'd have to find some sort of luxury in his stay.

Closing his eyes, he fell back into the land of freedom, his mind-which could run wild even in the critical enviroment. A smile came to his tender, young face as he dreamed once more of a better place then his reality.....

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Posts: 27 | From: On the Run | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
E'rae Velic

Member # 402

posted 12-31-2002 05:25 PM     Profile for E'rae Velic   Author's Homepage   Email E'rae Velic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
E'rae stepped from the shadows beside this one, whom he had seen help his friend.

His hand outstretched slowly and set upon the mans shoulder, obviously startling him with the silence of his approach.

as the man looked at him, ready to draw his sword, E'rae's smirk returned to his face, and he quickly spoke. "Wait! this is my friend... thank you for your assistance, he went ahead of me and i was unable to help him..."

Looking down he nodded at the form of L'Endriel, which sat tossing and turning, unable to wake from the horror of his dreams.

"do all you can for him, please, i will stand guard... Though i doubt they shall be returning tonight, they're objectives are elsewhere..."

[ 01-01-2003 02:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

--Beware seductive shadows, for that is where my blade shall hide.--

Posts: 17 | From: | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.192
Arandil

Member # 403

posted 12-31-2002 05:47 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil looked at the stranger, noticed he was an elf, and raised an eyebrow.

"The Wraiths, you mean?" he asked. Before this stranger could answer, L'Endriel moaned painfully. Arandil shook his head.

"Never mind. I have some medicine with my supplies..." Arandil carried the half-elf through the forest path. He wasn't sure if the elf behind him was following or not, but his focus was more on the injured man.

Within moments, he reached the log where he placed his belongings. Arandil laid L'Endriel on the bedroll and pulled a small bag of herbs out of the knapsack.

He's pale and cold...whatever that creature did to him is slowly killing him.

He chewed the herbs, then placed them inside a leather-skinned sack of water. He shook up the sack and then poured some of its contents on the half-elf's face, and the rest into his mouth.

"It will make you sleep easy..." he said, though L'Endriel was unconscious.

This will only slow it down...he needs Elvish medicine!

--------------------

Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 01-01-2003 01:37 AM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra was most interested in what this man before her would answer to her questions. However, she was not an entirely patient person, and she was also very curious as to her new prisoner. Cocking her head to one side, fire yet in her eyes, she sensed the beginnings of nightfall as something within her began to grow in power.

Smiling a bit darkly, she then stepped back a bit further, still pinning his eyes with hers, then extended her right arm, her hand held loosely and fingers hanging naturally towards the ground. With the flick of her wrist she moved that hand perfectly horizontal with the ground, her fingers then widespread and tense. Something not visible sprang forth in that motion, knocking the unspecting being in front of her to the ground unconscious.

And HE would challenge ME? she thought, snorting even as she gathered her cloak about herself and pulled the hood over her head. She nodded once to Talon, then spoke. "We will take him to the dungeons with us."

Then she began outward even as Talon began to half-carry, half-drag his charge along with them. She halted only momentarily to speak with the gaurds, "This one would threaten the King!" she stated mournfully, nodding in the motionless one's direction. With no further ado Adra headed for the dungeons below where Talon chained their new prisoner in the same manner as the other yet in another portion of the dungeons while Adra approached the sleeping Talasti.

She cocked her head then, actually kneeling, again reached out her hand, palm extended downward. "Awake, young one," she said aloud. As he began to awake she reached out further and ran a finger from his forehead down to his jawline, considering him carefully. Finally she spoke once more.

"You seek to gain something that does not belong to you," she said a touch darkly. Then, pinning him with a somewhat icy gaze, she waited to see what, if anything, he might say in reply.

[ 01-01-2003 01:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

Kalion

Broken Back Button

Member # 404

posted 01-01-2003 03:06 PM     Profile for Kalion   Author's Homepage   Email Kalion     Edit/Delete Post
Kalion stepped from the shadows into a small clearing within the woods, looking about his eyes slitted, gripping tightly the hilt of his sword, wich do to the size was slung over his shoulder, blade resting upon one of his corded muscles...

He turned slowly in place, glaring at all that was to be seen. "where are you... I know your hear... I can feel it..."

stepping silently, feet not snapping even the most brittle of branches.
Standing before a large tree he growled as he unslung his blade, slashing the tree in two.

Moving quickly into his frenzy he slashed down several more trees in an instant, growling as he did so in his deep demanding voice. "Come to me! your here!"

Finaly his lunges released a low and ferrel grunt, as his blade became inbedded 3 or 4 feet into the ground...

No sooner had the blade met its resting place, then the bluish runes upon the black surfice began burning in a terrible fire of magick, and the forest around him seemed to "die" somewhat, losing its vigor and taking on a blackish hue.

Finaly he spotted it, what he searched for, a small stone, which was the size and shape of an egg.

He grined to himself as he drew his sword from the ground and slung it over his shoulder, walking to the stone he picked it up and smiled down at its black surfice, and its single rune itched in a firey white, now glowing fiercly at him in an angry fashion for the destruction of the tree it had once hid within.

he laughed. "you are indeed worth the price of these trees... for now two stones do i have..."

As he walked away into the area's of still living tree's his attention was caught by a shadowy rider and he couldnt help but laugh to himself. "Worthless wraith, your master seeks the ring... Pitiful... who would desire a mere piece of metal?"

walking away and entering a little cave which served as his base of operation he placed the stone on a little table alongside another stone, this one red and etched with a green rune.

As he set them together they semmed to vibrate for a mere second, befor eboth fell dorment.

setting his sword down in a corner he gathered the two stones and placed them in a pouch at his side...

He then turned to a little symbol etched at the bottum of a bowl of wine.

Gazing in he focused on the wraith he had seen and smiled as a dark figure appeared in the liquide, feminen by the looks, but with his way's of detection details were nothing wonderful...

If she is the one that seeks the ring... Then perhaps i should pay her a visit... Finding thes accursed stones is more work then i desire... If power is what she seeks, she will indeed be interested in what i may offer...

He smiled to himself and stepped from his "home" to view the forest outside of him, taking in a deep breath he closed his eyes.

I am sorry to have to destroy you... It is not what i desire... But, i will have those stones, even if it means destroying all life within this realm...

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.128
Hecate

Eyes of the Night, Guardian of the Day

Member # 406

posted 01-01-2003 04:02 PM     Profile for Hecate   Author's Homepage   Email Hecate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The forest canopy rushed beneath his soaring form like liquid emeralds shot through with onyx and sapphire and citrine. He swooped down low, circling over the stone ediface he allowed to exist in his Wydde's Wood, for it housed his friend, who loved these trees with a passion to equal his own. Indeed, that this passion of hers was inherited, one natural to her race and lineage, was seen for the way that as few trees as possible had fallen the creation of Moon's Keep, and that wherever possible bark and vine, tendril and brush, all living greenery had been incorporated into its design until the Keep was actually a great deal more than stone and dead wood.

He fled from the cold stone, seeking the warmth of the dying sun as he bore upward now, his hawk's gaze sharpening over the realms below. There in the distance, a dark and dismal place, one in which he sensed the presence of even darker things, laughing in the night. He called a piercing challenge to that darkness; it would not succeed.

For he knew. He knew what they all sought after... as well as he knew its location. Well it was hidden, and hidden it would remain, as long as he kept watch over his beloved forests and the occupants which inhabited it.

Now reaching the apex of his swoop, he cartwheeled, stooping now, wings tucked tightly against his body, feeling the rush of the wind in his face, his beak open in joy, his eyes a glittering dark topaz in his head, still watching, still looking, never closing. From somewhere in the darkening shadows there came a flash of silver; it was the trumpeting Gorfynt, still engaged in his endless mad-dash about the Keep. From elsewhere there was the flicker of flame; he shot to it, concerned that the campfire not exceed its small bounds and threaten his woods.

It was contained; he snapped his wings out then, effortlessly transforming that nearly uncontrolled fall into another soaring glide, and flew over the heads of the ones about that fire, his wild cry piercing the Night.

And then something else captured his attention... something elsewhere, something as dire and dread and deathly as the place from whence all the shadows had been coming of late.

An evil was to join with another, and his lovely, leafy charges were at stake.

His call chilled, piercing the Night like an arrow, keening over the realm of the elven and into that of man, that all would know their plans would be useless, would be of no avail.

He circled back to the Keep, calling, crying out in the Elvish Tongue, warning, ever warning....

Beneath him the incessant pounding of unicorn's feet spoke of Gorfynt's great efforts to keep doing the same.

--------------------

"With morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair."

Posts: 6 | From: On the Wings o' the Wind | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 01-01-2003 05:16 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Talasti grimaced at the face when he awoken, feeling the darkness that swarmed him on his arrival in the dungeon. He hated being captive ever since he was a kid playing usual elvish games. Normally he was the captured one, and he became outraged and left the whole game. Turning his head as far as possible, he stared away, while his grimace expression changed into that of a serious frown.

"You speak of the Ring, then that would mean implying that you want it as well. To you and the rest of this place called the world, nothing belongs to you, why do you think man beckons for it. They want what they dont have, and thats why they conquer land. Leave me be, as I remain here for my eternity, dreaming of what I will never have, and you will never have, but the difference between me and you is that I wasn't searching for my own pleasure, my own needs. I was searching for the rest of the world's safity, to bring complete balance, you probably are searching for conquering grip over the land..." Talasti ended, his red fox eyes coaling, while his fist tightened over the grip of the chains. Closing his eyes, he silenced himself and with this gesture, his bodily expression spoke the words...

"Leave me....Alone!"

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

E'rae Velic

Member # 402

posted 01-01-2003 05:25 PM     Profile for E'rae Velic   Author's Homepage   Email E'rae Velic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
E'rae shook his head slowly, and took hold of Arandil's shoulder turning him about. "Quickly, we will return to his home"

With that he took hold of L'Endriel and assisted in his transport, heading off in the direction of the elven keep.
Sometime later

They arrived at the keep, L'Endriel's body beginign to sweat and shudder, as fast as they could...

Quickly E'rae found a room to place him in and summoned a nurse to assist in his healing, all the while hearing the cry's of warning from above...

Standing suddenly he looked to the nurse and to Arandil, "i shall return momentarily, but the Lady Eirianna must be found... it is, odd that she would not respond to this call from the woods..."

He turned and exited at that, quickly making his way to the throne room.

Never return... This is the last time I will come here... The last... I swear it...

As he entered he saw the King chatting with an Elven Lady, noble by the looks of it...

He approuched and spoke first to Feileacan and the king at the same time, "Excuse me M'lady, M'lord, You have most likely heard the call... have you seen the Lady Eirianna? I worry that she has taken ill... To not respond to this call..."

--------------------

Posts: 17 | From: | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.197
Gildur

King of Elves and Lord of Moonshadows

Member # 407

posted 01-01-2003 07:29 PM     Profile for Gildur   Author's Homepage   Email Gildur     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Elven King turned round from where he had been standing, staring out a great arched window opening out onto the richly moving forest which surrounded the Keep. Indeed, he had himself heard the cries of Hecate, heard the bugling and pounding of his daughter's dear Gorfynt as that wonderful unicorn circled and trumpeted madly and without pause.

His eyes widened to see the young noble back with such obviously empty hands.

"Where is the young one you hastened in pursuit, my friend?" he queried, coming up to E'rae to lay a questioning hand atop his shoulder. His dark eyes pinned the jade pair before him.

"Has ill befallen him this night; is that why Gorfynt screams and the wood's wraith howls without these walls?"

He frowned, as though suddenly noticing that time had passed... too much time than his daughter was normally wont to nap. Without removing his hand, he flipped his head to Feileacan.

"Go hence, and quickly. See to your Lady," he directed shortly, before turning back to the eleven noble in his hand. His frown deepened, his eyes becoming like the very sun in the depths of an eclipse.

"What have you to describe unto me, my friend?" he queried in seriousness, slitting those dark eyes a bit and perking his delicately turned ears forward. "Indeed there is foul afoot without the Keep; has it reached you in your endeavors to save the young one who so brightly shines for my Daughter?"

[ 01-01-2003 07:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Gildur ]

--------------------

"Of old he was an Elven-king, A lord of tree and glen, When golden were the boughs in spring in fair Lothlorien."

Posts: 6 | From: Moon's Keep | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Adra Slavonic

Evil Sorceress

Member # 398

posted 01-01-2003 11:15 PM     Profile for Adra Slavonic   Author's Homepage   Email Adra Slavonic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Adra reached out and jerked Talasti's face to hers, her hand gripping his chin. "You are foolish enough to think I'd believe a mere lad such as yourself only wants something such as the Ring to simply benefit others?"

She paused at that, her blue eyes peering into his, unreadable. "You would claim that I am evil for seeking the same thing which you do?"

Again she fell silent at that, weaving a cloak of deception and sweetness about herself, using her powers to completely hide the true intent of the next words she would speak. And after all, it was night...

...her powers were strongest now. She then gazed more deeply into Talasti's eyes, muttering something in a tongue which he did not know, a spell which would bend him to believe her words even more. "I am but a Sorceress seeking to find the Ring. Its powers are evil; seeking it for good alone is not enough. However, as a sorceress I can withstand the Ring's draw; I intend to find it and see that it is destroyed myself."

At that she fell silent once more, her eyes yet falling into the younger pair before her.

[ 01-01-2003 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Adra Slavonic ]

--------------------

Arandil

Member # 403

posted 01-02-2003 04:29 PM     Profile for Arandil   Author's Homepage   Email Arandil     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Arandil watched the elf go, still not knowing his name. "Elves..." he muttered to himself. He turned to the nurse.

"Will he be alright?" he asked.

The nurse nodded, not looking up at him and cleaning L'Endriel's forehead with a cloth. The man was still pale and shivering, whispering to himself.

I'm sure he'll recover.

"Do you know where your lord is? I have something of great importance to discuss with him." The nurse didn't look up at him again as she responded. "Follow E'rae Velic to the Throne Room. He goes to speak with King Gildur."

E'rae Velic...that must be his name.

Arandil nodded and followed the elf's path. As he reached a huge doorway, probably leading into the throne room, two elven spearmen stepped up to stop him.

"What business does a Man have with our King?" one guard asked. Arandil made a small bow with his head.

"My business," he began, "is none of yours, save with your King. It is of great urgency I speak with him."

The other guard smirked. "We don't simply allow your people to walk into the throne room, especially ones who are armed and dressed in your manner."

Arandil took a step forward to the guards, intimidating them a bit. "Perhaps you'll make an exception with a ranger who saved one of your kind from a ringwraith."

Disbelief spread across the faces of both guards.

"If you don't believe me, you can go see him writhing in pain as he is cared for by the nurses."

Within moments, Arandil was walking down the hallway to the throne room. He stopped when he spotted the elf whom he had met in the forest talking to another, who Arandil felt a sense of majesty from.

He must be the King...

Rather than interrupt them, he stood back as they talked. He was going to wait until either they noticed him or they were done with their conversation...

--------------------

Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 01-02-2003 07:56 PM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feileacan forgot her anger with that child takling to her King, Gildur was more than her father had ever described and at the same time was willing to chat with a young noble woman for hours. Then they had heard a cry - she had heard it before, earlier that night when she had been wandering the woods, she had thought it had been just a great bird but the King's reaction told her it was more important than that. She stood quietly by as he went to the window and looked out over the forest. She simply watched him in all his majesty and was glad to be his subject, and a Lady of his court. E'rae spoke before she had noticed his entry, she smiled to herself at his address of her as a Lady of court, "he doesn't see me as a child," she thought happily. But she knew this was not the time or place to be making inquiries into the availability of this handsome elf, and kept quiet as he spoke to the King, attending on her Lord as befitted one of her station.
"Go hence, and quickly. See to your Lady," the King commanded her directly.

Curtsying she hurried out of the Throne Room and repeating her orders to the guards outside obtained directions to her Lady's chambers. She approached quietly and knocked gently upon the door, "Lady Eirianna, your Father wonders at your long delay."

She waited a moment and hearing no reply queried again, "M'Lady?"

Waiting only a second more she gently pushed the door open and entered the chamber, she was going to have to search more intimately for her Princess.

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 216.238.139.169
Kalion

Broken Back Button

Member # 404

posted 01-02-2003 09:59 PM     Profile for Kalion   Author's Homepage   Email Kalion     Edit/Delete Post
His eyes opened slowly, revealing the coldness of his eyes to the forest once more, his lips curled slightly into a little smile, but quickly fell into a frown as an injured deer stumbled past, he quickly aprouched, his head shaking from side to side as he kneeled to inspect the wound, which was blackened and infected.

"You were touched by the wood within the area i searched..."

he sighed and pulled the two stones from his pouch, holding one stone in each hand he held them near the wound, which had been caused by a splinter of wood.

As he held them he focused upon the gentle throbbing in his hand, thinking of a sweet melody of light tune, which came from his minds ear, and into his hands, causing them to glow, soon the dear's wound was practicly non existant, the infection removed he replaced the stones in his pouch and standing sending the dear off with a threatening growl.

"Your destruction gains me nothing... But bother me again, and i wont be so kind..."

He shook his head and stepped away, looking back to the forest he sighed

believe me... Had you not hid this stone from me, your pain would not be so evident...A kingdom is usless if there is nothing within, I seek to control everything, not just those that have true conciousness... You too will serve me when the time comes.

he then walked returned to his "home" quietly taking his sword once more upon his shoulder and walking off in a seemingly random direction... it was time to seek an ally, and unfortunatly, he held only a vague idea of where that ally dwelled, and could not simply transport himself there with a whim... For even his powers held restrictions.

For the moment.

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.136
E'rae Velic

Member # 402

posted 01-02-2003 11:08 PM     Profile for E'rae Velic   Author's Homepage   Email E'rae Velic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
E'rae nodded to the king and sighed, turning to the windows to view his homeland, "The forest weeps... That much has been evident from the time i came in warning... Darkness M'lord, i truly fear it will consume us all... That boy, so eager to find the one ring, he does not understand that the moment he finds it, he will become a simple box, waiting for darkness to claim and open, to use the ring for its own selfish desire... Eirianna's... Brother, met ill to this darkness, he is currently being seen to by the nurses of your court..."

he trailed off for a moment, and then looked to the traveler that had assisted them in the woods, he nodded to the man and turned to the king, "This one is who L'Endriel ows his life to..."

He then turned to view the way which Feileacan had gone off to, a frown threatenign to take over his features for the barrest of seconds, yet his quiet little smile remained intact, fighting off idea's of displeasurment with a flash of seeming self centered confidence. "it is odd, it should not take this long find and wake someone..."

he then turned and bowed to King Gildur, "M'lord, i will see to this."

With that he turned and followed after, finding Feileacan standing quietly beside Eirianna's bedside, shaking the quiet form of the princess now and again and uttering "M'lady?" repeatedly.

as he approuched he quickly essessed the situation, shaking his head.
What has happened... Has the forests death found its way into you? Ah your stronger then that, i must say, im somewhat dissapointed in you for not fighting whatever it is from your being...

He kneeled slowly looking at Feileacan and gesturing to the side "excuse me m'lady, but allow me to see what can be done."

his attention then went to Eirianna's body, his hand reaching out to take her wrist... He could feel the warmth in her body, and could feel the beating of her pulse... She was simply unconcious...

What could cause such a thing? Dark magicks are at work... She is strong, this is the impression i was given even as a child on my first visit to this place... What dark strength could be powerful enough to place her within such a state?

Not waiting a second more he stood and exited entering the thrown room and speakign quickly to Gildur, "M'lord, your daughter does not awaken... I find nothing wrong save her sleep, Something dark has indeed befallen us i fear..."

--------------------

Posts: 17 | From: | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.136
Feileacan

Member # 401

posted 01-03-2003 10:05 AM     Profile for Feileacan   Author's Homepage   Email Feileacan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feileacan couldn't understand why she did not wake, she had been sitting there shaking her for what seemed like forever and yet the Princess slept on. The Lady was starting to panic when E'rae entered. She could see that something was horrilby wrong by the look on his face, and moved over quickly to give him room. She noticed again, standing so close to him, how handsome he was. She watched him try to revive Erianna, and fail. And she watched him hurry from the room again, presumably back to the King, unable to speak to him - somehow shy around him. As he left she slowly turned back to her Princess, sighing, and returned to her attempts to rouse her.

--------------------

By the author of Thea Morgan and Padme of Hidden Lake

Posts: 23 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 216.238.139.85
Talasti

Wild Fox Eyes

Member # 400

posted 01-03-2003 01:02 PM     Profile for Talasti   Author's Homepage   Email Talasti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Talasti choose not to speak to her any longer, his head just jerked back, staring to the darkness at the corners of the room. He wouldn't manage an escape with his words, and the idioticy of him replying in his outrage of anger at the point wouldn't help. The persona of the boy swept the words once again..

"Leave me at peace in these dungeons."

--------------------

"The World is Yours"-Nas

Gildur

King of Elves and Lord of Moonshadows

Member # 407

posted 01-03-2003 02:10 PM     Profile for Gildur   Author's Homepage   Email Gildur     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Elven-King dropped his jaw, a momentary fear for his daughter rushing through his veins like ice-water over a dam. His gleaming eyes darkened to the color of deepest Night, when New Moon drains the Light from the sky, and sets the stars overhead to glitter in glacial brilliance as pretender to the True Throne of the Heavens.

He took a small and sudden step toward the stalwart elf before him, cocking his head. Then he raised his arm imperially.

"Come, my friend," he murmured in a rush as he let that step lengthen into many which took him from his Halls altogether and into that portion of the Keep where his daughter kept her rooms. There he burst into her chambers, coming to her bedside and jostling the somewhat useless Feileacan to the side as he did. Quiet yet hurried footsteps sounded the arrival of E'rae along with him.

He halted, staring down at her pale and gently sleeping form. His brow lowered.

"Your mother was the Healer of the Court in her day, my young friend," he stated at length. "You have it in you to do something about this foul and unnatural sleep which has descended upon her."

Now he turned his head, overtly acknowledging E'rae, his dark gaze pinning the younger elven's jade one.

"As your King, I command you take action.

"But as Father to the Daughter of the Moon, and One who would yet hold in high esteem the son of two once so dear to my court...

"I beseech it."

--------------------

"Of old he was an Elven-king, A lord of tree and glen, When golden were the boughs in spring in fair Lothlorien."

Posts: 6 | From: Moon's Keep | Registered: Dec 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e