my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Legacy of the Master (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Legacy of the Master
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-15-2005 08:51 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Mira and Takeshi come in from "In the Fiery Wastes. Thanks.)))

A few hours later we arrived. During the trip my wounds had healed and I stepped off of the ship to Boon. We had landed in the "city" Fluva in the jungle of Viisiiviisii.
Man, I had forgotten how wet this place is. Mira should love this, she didn't really like tatooine all that much. The nature is overwelming. If I recall right, the house should be in the outskirts to the east. Since we don't have an airspeeder and we can't land a starship there, so we will need to get a guide. Otherswise the local predators would eat us alive.

Walking in to town I saw a Sakuntala, who was talking with some humans. After he was finished, I walked up to him. A few minutes and 500 credits later, we had a guide. He said he knew the paths and could find a way to ge there, without having to go to the forest floor.
Thank goodness, otherwise that would have been a little to much to take. Things are finally going my way.

[ 03-17-2005 07:31 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Takeshi Kovacs ]

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-15-2005 09:34 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Holy cow this place is diffierent. I stepped off the ship and fell in love with the plant. So much nature. I am home. Nature welcomes me. I could live here forever.

Takeshi found a guide, and explained the planet to me, while the guide led us to his house. I had been pondering questions and then decided to ask them.

"So, what was on that datacard. And why did you decide to take on the smugglers, and why did you ask for my help? It just seems a little odd to me. But thanks for helping me."

--------------------

Those who see nothing shall see all, While those who think that they see shall see nothing.

Posts: 55 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-17-2005 07:50 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As they proceeded across the various rope bridges and fallen brenches, Kovacs pondered the question.

"Well the datacard was from the bunch of smugglers, the Tizona's, and only confirmed what I thought. It said that they betrayed me, but he left the group, because he didn't like the way the group was handleing things and sent me the message.

What was supprising was that it said that they were the ones who kidnapped my master and later killed him. He said that no doubt I would want revenge, but the Tizonas are too strong for me. Aparently they have been hiding their power. And if they managed to subdue my master, I could believe that.

It also said that he never learned who my identity was, but my master told him that his apprentice, me, would one day need to know that if I could discover my identity, some of both the physical and mental blocks would come away. Apparently, when I was cloned, I was a test. They didn't wan their test to lose control so they blocked both its physical and force power.

Thats the thing, I am a clone. Of what I don't know and no one seems to recognize me. I think I was some new clone idea and the people who decided to create me, were either killed or ran away.

The datapad also said that there are people out there who will help because of who I am, but also those who want me dead. I am assuming the Tizonas are one such group."

I then looked at her and said, "Does that explain your first question?"

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-17-2005 09:00 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Whoa, not what I expected. Very interesting.

"Yes that does. But why did you help me? I mean I helped you with the cops, but I didn't think you would help me. I mean it is a million credits. That is a fortune. That is like a star destroyer."

--------------------

Those who see nothing shall see all, While those who think that they see shall see nothing.

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-17-2005 09:34 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Whoa there, who said anything about paying the million credits. I said I would pay it to them in blood. I just want your help.

I mean, supposedly I am someone who has a big past, and either as I find out about it I will find people who will help, and then I can remove the blocks I have had put on me, or once I find ut who I am, then I can find these people.

But there are people who will be coming after me. And right now I am not the most combat profiecent. So I need help. Then we can go after the Tizonas.

And now you can save your credits not give them to them. But it is a sure bet they will be coming after us. You definitly wont be safe with me."

As we finished crossing a rope bridge I saw we had arrived at the old house.

"Ah here we are."

Entering into the house I went to my masters quarters. I then sat down at the computer terminal and went looking through it.

"When my master was taken, I was elsewhere and never really came back. So I never looked here. Maybe he left a message for me."

Scanning through his files, I saw one labled "In case of death."

"Ah here we are."

I opened the file and read.
Dear Takeshi,
I hope you don't grieve too long over my death. I found out who you are but I can't tell you. It could make some of the blocks permenant. I can tell you this though.

You are the result of a cloning experiment. The developers were all killed, and few know about you. You were the first clone to not be a perfect replica of one template. The Kaminoans took several people and mixed the DNA to take the best traits from 6 people. I dont know who or the exact number. You were made in the clone wars. Your brain would take a long time to develope, since it had to create a brain from numerous species. No one releized that it would take so long however. You were in a vat so your body would be preserved, while your brain developed. You may find that you have a strong connnection to the force.

However your abilities have been blocked. You may never be able to remove these blocks. The cloners put physical blocks on you so that you wouldn't be able to overpower them, when you awoke. They may have also put mental blocks on as well. I do not know.

Because of your background certain groups will help you. I know that one such person is Djannii. He is an Anzati who trained one of your former templates. We are lucky he is so long living. Also seek out Kym. He is a Feeorin who is related to one of your templates. They will help you.

Also, in the footlocker you will find a force pike. This force pike has a critosis weave so it can block lightsabers, and it is retractabile, so you are not carring around a giant rod all the time. More discreet. You have earned it.

Farewell My Apprentice

"Well I found what I was looking for, but it was not what I expected. You might want to read this."

[ 03-17-2005 09:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Takeshi Kovacs ]

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-17-2005 09:45 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Scanning the file my eyes bulged.
Sweet mother of the force.

"Dang. Any idea where those two are?"

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-18-2005 07:50 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Man Kym sounds familer. I just can't think of who.

"I have no idea. Kym rings a bell but I can't put a name to a face."

HE sat pondering for a moment, then stood up, retreived the forcepike, and said, "Well there really isn't any use just standing around, so we might as well just head back to the ship and search the holonet."

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-19-2005 07:51 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When I reached the ship again, I logged on to the holonet. I sat down and began to search for either Djannii or Kym.

Hours later, I had found nothing for Kym, but I had managed to find that Djannii was a monk at a long forgotten monastary on Garos IV. Getting its coordinates, I loaded them into the Nav Comp.

"Ready for another trip?"

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-20-2005 08:26 AM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I am ready. I hope we can come back here. This place is amazing. But for now, we must move foreward. I will set the nav comp."

[ 03-21-2005 04:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mira Tukiano ]

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-21-2005 04:57 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Garos IV was a strange place. I flew to the capital city, and saw that it was quite large and about half of it was to a beach, while the other half overlooked sea cliffs. There were mountains to the west and lots of plains.

It seems very strange. Probably because it is normal and I have not been to a normal place in so long. Tatooine, Boon, Kessel, the list goes on.

I landed the ship at one fo the starports in the city and the went back to Takeshi.

"Well, here we are. Where do we want to start looking?"

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 03-21-2005 05:19 PM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: This is Kenjeks entry post.)))

I was sorting through the landing records at the starport. Again.

Man I hate this. At the begining of the job, every job, I get to try and pick up the trail. So I have to find an area to start at. Well, they know that the lucky guys master had a close contact here, so when they saw he went into his old home, and left for here, then I get to wait here for them. So now I get to sort through these records. Man this is just busy work. Why cant they find the trail, point me in the right direction then I go track them the rest of the way and kill them. But no, I pick up the lead. The rest is ussually easy, but finding the trail, that is just boring. Besides, this job will definitly be tougher. The mark has an ally, and he is fairly good. Plus they are both strong in the force. And they managed to take down a team of six cops and he was wounded. I have got to watch my back on this one.

As I was sorting through the entrees, a ship came down and landed in the bay.

Wait, that matches the description of the marks friend.

I readed my pistol, and glanced around the hanger.

Good, no one nearby. Hopefully I can take them down here. The Tizonas will pay big for this guy.

[ 03-21-2005 05:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Hunter Kenjek ]

--------------------

I am the Hunted. You are the Huntee.

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-21-2005 05:27 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well the monastary is supposed to be on the south side of town. I say we go down there and check it out."

I strolled down the landing ramp and out into the hanger.

I shot that flew past my head and scorched the wall beside me.

Holy shiz. Who was that?

I dropped to the ground and pulled out my heavy pistol. I spotted my assialent and returned fire. The shot went past him and thudded into the wall beside him.

"Mira, a little help please."

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 03-22-2005 07:48 AM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As the first shot missed, I was already aiming agian.

Dang, so much for an easy kill. Now I might have to fight both at once.

Firing off a second shot, which missed as he rolled to the side, I saw someone come down the landing ramp,lightsaber extened.

Uh oh.

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-22-2005 06:34 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Running out of the ship, Mira charged the man with her saber. Hlafway there they saw an insignia on his left shoulder.

He is a Tizona. Oh great.

When I got close to him, I lept up and lunged feet first at him preparing to follow through with a slash with the lightsaber.

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 03-22-2005 07:39 PM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The feet hit her straight in the torso. Rolling back to absorb the blow, she then propelled herself backward as the lady swung her lightsaber.

Ha Ha. Missed me.

Turning, she sprinted out of the hangar.
Okay I lost this round. No to hiding. But I picked up you trail, and I will be back. Bet on it.

[ 03-22-2005 07:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Hunter Kenjek ]

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-23-2005 08:30 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Let him go. We will never catch him. He will probably come back sooner of later."

I started walking to the door.

"Meanwhile, we must find Djannii."

After showing up at the monastary, I asked for Djannii.

"I am soory but he has recently left. He just dissipeared and left no reason for his leaving. I can give you a message when he returns if you want."

I shook my head.

"No thanks. I will look elsewhere. Thanks."

With that I walked back to the ship.

"Guess that was a dead end. Where do we go know. I think we need more direction. Possibly a jedi or a sith could help. Since I am out for revenge, am full of hate, and learned from someone outside the order, I don't think the jedi would react to kindly to my asking for help. I geuss we go find a dark jedi then. That Okay with you Mira?"

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-23-2005 08:55 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Um...Arn't you forgeting while I have heard of sith coming back and all, and there were the two dark jedi back on tatooine, they are dead, and the other dark jedi have gone away. I dont know how you plan to find them. So maybe we have to go to the jedi."

I paused.

"Or we could look for Kym."

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-23-2005 09:51 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Where do we look for Kym? I have no idea where to look for him."

I then looked at her angrily.

"And about the jedi, well maybe you can go to the jedi and ask for help, but you know they probably dont like me. A few might, but most will snese deep hatred in me. Plus, how did they help when those guys attacked. And we dont know they were dark jedi. You are just assumming that."

I paused.

"Plus, I am a smuggler, I like to kill things, I was trained by someone that was disliked by the jedi, and now I want revenge. Which rules of the code have I not broken? Lets see how far my request would make it.

But my force powers came from somewhere. I have a force sensitive background. And since I was hid from the jedi, then either I got those genes with out the jedi's consent, or they are from a dark jedi or fallen jedi. That is why we must find a force user. Supposedly they have records of past jedi and sith they have killed. If I could find a record of those genes, I could compare my dna to theirs and find similer parts. Didn't the acadamy on Yavin get destroyed? Maybe there is a holocron there with the data.

Another way to find out was to find a holocron from the clone wars and see if it recognized my force presence. I don't know how well that would work though. So shall we go to Yavin?"

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-25-2005 06:39 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Actually wait, maybe the jedi we encountered earlier would know where a holocron is so we don't have to risk going to Yavin. I can check with tatooine control to see where they went."

I sent off a message to air control at tatooine and a few minutes later received a reply.

"They went to Sullest. Another thing we need to do. we either need to get another ship or find something better than for you to sleep on the couch. Maybe you cna get a ship."

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-25-2005 06:43 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh yeah I will get a ship. But you better not go with me, cause you might not approve of my methods.

"Okay, if you drop me off on the planets surface, then you can go to them and talk to them about it. I will get the ship and then meet up with you afterwards. Best you hide my real reasons and say you need it for something. If they have one borrow it, so I can use it. If they won't let you then take it. I need that. Hopefully we can run if you have to steal it."

(((OOC: Takeshi gets flown to the surface of Sullest, still in this same thread.)))

--------------------

Mira Tukiano

Member # 608

posted 03-25-2005 06:47 PM     Profile for Mira Tukiano   Author's Homepage   Email Mira Tukiano     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OOC: Mira goes to Return to Sullest, same forum.)))

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-25-2005 07:40 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Getting dropped off at a Soro Sub shipyard, I walked in and asked if I could be allowed to see the ships.

"Uh yes sir, here we have a inventory catalog right there, has all of our ships in it."

Picking up the magazine, I went through it lookng at ships that would suit my needs.

About a half an hour later,

"Can I actually go out and see these ships. I have a few I like, but would like to see what they look like on the inside and how well they have been mantained."

"Um, well I can't let you see the lot of new ships, but I can show you used ships." His eyes fell to my weapons. "Provided that you lets us go with a few gaurds and hand over your weapons."

I tossed out all of my weapons except for my boot dagger onto the desk, and then repleyed, "Very well, where will my weapons be kept."

"Oh the gaurds will take them." he then summoned some gaurds and said, "Follow me please."

He then led us to a busy landing pad with hundereds of ships that were being refitted, upgraded, or just held here until they were bought. There was also a section that had an energy fence around it.

"You can't go into there. That is vehicles that we are upgrading for our defense fleet or planing to sell to a planetary defense system."

Which of course made me want to go into there even more.

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-26-2005 08:07 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After looking around through the various ships, I knew that I would have to make a move. First off, I needed my guns back. Second, I wanted to look in the military ships second. Those were the ships I wanted. Third, I have a feeling that the gaurds would like me running off with a ship.

Oh, well. so far a ton of people havn't liked me or hated and I have lived. Guess Sullest might not be freindly to me soon. Or at least not this part.

I went inside a large freighter and then went to the cargo bay. The gaurds followed me, and when they stepped in the doorway I had just walked through, I pulled my boot dagger and stabbed one in the chest. I let go of the dagger, pulled his gun from his holster, and then kicked him back. The other gaurd had drawn his weapon halfway, but I had already had mine leveled at his chest. I pulled the trigger and watched the laser peirce him.

That was even easier than I thought. Those gaurds suck.

I collected my weapons, then grabbed the quivering salesmen and stuffed him in a closet.

Exiting the ship I headed to the fence.

"Identification please."

You wish.

I then kicked one gaurd back into the fence, and shot the other gaurd. The gaurd in the fnce screamed as he quivered and shock as the fence tortued him.

HaHa sucker. Don't mess with me.

I saw numerous gaurds swarming from all over the place.

Good thing I already saw which one I wanted.

I sprinted through the gate, and charged a large fighter. I bounded up the landing ramp, and hit the shut and lock butten inside. After scrambling the codes, I ran to the cockpit.

Skipping the preflight checklist and just starting up the engine, I hurriedly familerized myself with the ship. Then flipping all of the switches to warm everything up, I glanceed at the gaurds.

A few were pounding on the pannel or entering the code to get in, but most were pulling out the gaurd I had kicked into the fence.

As soon as I heard the beep about a second later signaling the engines were online, I shot out of the lot.

See Ya Later. I am OUTA here.

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-29-2005 05:13 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now it is time to contact Mira, and find out where she is going.

Flipping on the Comm, I heard Mira answer.

"Hey Mira, did they have a holocron?"

"No, but we are going to Nar Shadda, where Konig will buy a holocron, and then lend it to us."

"Good. I will even return it, if they will let us borrow it. If they forced us to steal it, then I would have to keep it. My past looms closer. I will finally figure out my destiny. I will meet you later at Nar Shadda. Call me once you have the holocron."

--------------------

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.136
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-29-2005 08:30 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Landing in a nearby city, I noticed that it still had Soru Suub markings on it and it was just a plain grey.

How boring. Do they not had a sense of style. This ship needs to stand out, and strike fear in the enemy.

I then shoped around and hired someone to paint it better.

(((OOC: A description and color pictures will hopefully come soon.)))

I then took off and then head off to Nar Shadda. Time to wait for Mira. Possibly go shopping for some stuff while I waited. Of course I didn't ahve any money, so I might have to 'Liberate' a few things...

--------------------

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.136

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05