my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Legacy of the Master (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Legacy of the Master
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-05-2005 11:41 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Landing on Nar Shadda I walked off my ship and wandered the streets. Keeping to areas with shops, went looking for crystals. I was looking for multiple cystals, and also a few energy cells. I would also need some knife blades. I knew the energy cells and and knife blades would be easy, but finding the crystals would pose a challenge.

Wandering the streets, I decided that I would need credits. While I could steal or persuad some dealers, the dealers with crystals would have security and probably would not go for my persuasions. So if I could steal credits from weaker people, then I would be able to pay off the crystals.

So I then hid in shadows of alleys and such and then killed off anyone unaware, and alone. After about an hour I had around 5,000 credits. I also had a large pile of bodies.

Time to go get some crystals.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.136
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:06 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I finally had found the crystals. After a lot of searching I came upon a dealer who was offering multiple crystals. I knew that if you added in different crystals together, it would allow you to alter the length of the blade and give it special properties. Three crystals would allow me to change the length indefintly. But what I couldn't determine is how the crystals would react together. I knew that none of these were actual lightsaber crystals, but the while the few actual lightsaber crystals there were would allow the blade to function the best, it was crystals that were not designed for lightsabers that would give it the special properties. All the crystals that would give the special properties were discovered by people experimenting, and none happened to be algenian crystals.

So after shopping around, I managed to gather up a box of crystals from multiple dealers. I also got about 5 energy cells, in case some were bad, and quite a few knife blades.

In the box of crystals, I had some crystals from just about everything. Most of them had been sold as replacment parts for things like blaster rechargers, or other things, so they all were cheap since they were small, ugly, and would serve no real value to be used as jewelry or anything else. But the size and the fact that they were crystals would suit my needs.

The knife blades were for the handle. I knew that some jedi but more often those who had fallen from the order had actually trapped the handles so that anyone who tried to use my blade would set it off. Besides, the blade would have to look cool. And what was better that an intimidating blade?

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 04-10-2005 09:11 AM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So you ran to Nar Shadda, eh. Did you really think you could hide from me?

I followed Takeshi back to his ship and waited a little while after he went inside. I then found an emergency hatch to sneak aboard on, and after crawling through matenience crawlways, I snuck up into the ship through an access hatch in the cockpit.

Now I find Takeshi and kill him.

--------------------

I am the Hunted. You are the Huntee.

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.136
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:18 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I headed back to my quarters and dropped the workbench down from its position on the wall. I then spread out my companents and grabbed some durasteel, to form the hilt.

As I opened the box of crystals and started sorting through them, I would pick them up, inspect them, and then sort them by color. For I knew, the central crystals would determine the actual color of the blade, while the others would determine the properties of the blade.

As I picked up one crystal, I felt a disturbence.

Damn my inability to find others with the force. Why am I blocked out like this? Why did my creaters fear me? I must know!

Calming my self I figuered that question time would come later, but for now I must deal with the intruder. I drew my intimidators and then headed out the door.

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 04-10-2005 09:19 AM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was walking the hallways when I heard a door open. Ducking back into another room, I waited for him to pass.

I saw him walk by, and readed my blaster pistol.

This time I will take out his guns first. Then he becomes much less dangerous.

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:21 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shots rang out and then I felt my blaster pistols getting blown out of my hands as numerous shots hit them and blew them to peices.

I spun around and saw my attacker. I then leapt foreward with the intent to plant my feet in his chest and knock him back.

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 04-10-2005 09:23 AM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I saw it coming and tried to get off a blast, but it went wide as feet slammed into my upper torso. I fell back and skidded on the floor a ways and my pistol went flying.

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:36 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I walked over to Kenjek and grabbed him, and slammed him against the wall.

"Who am I? Why are you after me?"

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 04-10-2005 09:38 AM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I don't know. I was just hired to kill you."

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:39 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Damn, I am still no closer to answers.

I then headed off towards the rear of the ship, dragging him behind.

When I reached the air lock, I put him in and shut the inner door.

"Any last words?"

--------------------

Hunter Kenjek

Broken Back Button

Member # 620

posted 04-10-2005 09:40 AM     Profile for Hunter Kenjek   Author's Homepage   Email Hunter Kenjek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I'll see you in hell!"

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:43 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Sucks to be you."

With that, I hit the release to vent the atmosphere. Even though we were landed, I could still remove the air from the airlock to conserve the oxygen inside the ship.

Good to be rid of you.

[ 04-10-2005 11:42 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Takeshi Kovacs ]

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 11:39 AM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Walking back to my quarters, I pondered.

Wait, there was a presense that I sensed in my chamber. I never sensed Kenjek until later. That means someone is still in my quarters. But they just apeared? How did they get?

I sprinted back to my quarters. I skidded through the doorway. What I saw there blew me away.

Sweet mother of the force, Who is that? I know it is a force spirit, but of who?

"Who are you?"

"I am a Jedi. I can guide you to the path of the light. You must not pursue finding out who you are. It will only lead to destruction."

"Oh yeah, like that is going to happen. Hey why don't you just live the rest of your life feeling helpless, caged, and not knowing who you are."

"Your creaters had reasons for blocking your powers. If you were at your full strength, then you would be able to do most anything you wanted. There would still be more powerful being than you, but few of them. "

"Oh yeah, that helped. Why don't you just turn down that kind of power. I could wipe out those who oppresed others. Like the Tizonas."

"The Tizonas were defeated. They were recently wiped out. And who would you use it agianst? "

"You know, I really don't like you. If I were you, i would leave before I got pissed."

"You wish to take me on?"

"Burn. I think you Jedi are just trying to contain my power, because you are afraid of it. Either that or your jealous. I think you are just training more weaklings. You don't have to be evil, to use power."

With that I concentrated and let lose a blast of force energy. I kept it there until I could no longer feel the jedi's presense.

I then turned back to the workbench and continued my work.

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 04-10-2005 09:12 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After I had gone through the crystals, I had about 30. Some were worthless and I sorted those out.

Wait a minute. I don't have to wait for Mira to ge the holocron with Konig. Kenjek had to have credits. I can use his.

I went back, pumped air into the airlock, and then searched his body. I found his credits chip.

Perfect.

I then went back to the streets, and found a dealer selling a holocron. I paid him, and then went back to the ship.

Back inside my quarters I activated the holocron.

"I am Jedi Master Makner. How may I help you?"

"Can you access the records and tell me if any people match my DNA?"

"Just a moment. Searching... You have parts of the DNA of multiple people in these records. I cannot determine which you are. You also have DNA that I have no record of."

"Well tell me who I am like that you can determine."

Unfortunatly, part of my records have been lost over the years so I know you have traits of other force users besides these two. However I cannot determine who that is. The person you are most like is Jedi Master Kenobi. You also have traits from a Dark Jedi named Darth Maul. What else do you require?"

Sithspawn! A great Jedi Master and a Sith Lord! Now I just need to find out what type of lightsaber I want.

"Can you show me lightsaber plans Master Jedi?"

"Of course, can you tell me your name so I may update your records. It is outstanding how you DNA is. I really would enjoy studing it."

"Yeah I am Takeshi Kovacs."

[ 04-10-2005 09:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Takeshi Kovacs ]

--------------------

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 207.189.214.70
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 04-11-2005 02:04 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Well. I am gone but for a bit, and all hell breaks loose. Seems to me the above is a touch wee along the lines of "author with multiple-characters storytelling," which is NOT what this forum is all about.

If you wish to write a (single author) story, please take it to the "DaVinci's and Hemmingway's" forum, thank you.

This thread is closed, and will soon be history, thank you.))

[ 04-11-2005 02:08 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05