my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Our Galaxy.......   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Potential Star wars artist

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: Potential Star wars artist
Xam Ngboohan

Force Sensitive Mercenary

Member # 463

posted 05-23-2003 06:24 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi guys, i m thinking of doing another comic during my vacations. I draw comics(with a touch of manga style) as a hobbie during vacations.

Currently i have a "Darth Maul vs Predator" 40 page uncolored comic and have just finished a comic about.....well...Xam, my RPG character.

I created Xam long before i registered at this website. Now i feel like doung a comic about Xam's current adventures in the RPG here......what do you think of that?

--------------------

There is a shadowy voice in my heart, telling me to embrace the darkness.....

Posts: 316 | From: Singapore | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-23-2003 08:35 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Read the legalities... you can make your comic about your character, but not what is going on here as that involves other characters and their authors, and that would be plagiarism.

While each individual character and each individual post here "belongs" to it's writer, the whole storyline is now a part of the site.

Make the comic of whatever this character has gone through elsewhere, not here.

Thank you.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.252.135
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-23-2003 09:57 PM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But what if the creator of the character gives me permission to use his character? Is that possible?

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 05-23-2003 10:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How can you write a comic of your character's experiences here with only ONE other author giving permission?

No. The characters belong to the writers; the overall story to the site.

Thank you.

[ 05-23-2003 10:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.208.165
Tzakang Lah

Member # 469

posted 05-23-2003 11:20 PM     Profile for Tzakang Lah   Author's Homepage   Email Tzakang Lah     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Xam this is Tzakang lah(alias O-B-1). You can use both my characters if you want. Do send me a sample of your art work though.

--------------------

Belek tiu!
translation: Greetings!

Posts: 37 | From: everywhere and nowhere | Registered: May 2003  |  Logged: 134.144.240.3
Xam Ngboohan

Member # 463

posted 05-25-2003 07:01 AM     Profile for Xam Ngboohan   Author's Homepage   Email Xam Ngboohan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tzakang cut it out. You are my cousin, you live in the apartment downstairs, and you can come up to see my artwork anytime.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 05-25-2003 07:09 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL You guys...

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 63.88.67.230

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05