The Holonet Boards   » Da Vinci's & Hemingway's   » Potential Star wars artist

Xam Ngboohan

posted 05-23-2003 06:24 AM    
hi guys, i m thinking of doing another comic during my vacations. I draw comics(with a touch of manga style) as a hobbie during vacations.

Currently i have a "Darth Maul vs Predator" 40 page uncolored comic and have just finished a comic about.....well...Xam, my RPG character.

I created Xam long before i registered at this website. Now i feel like doung a comic about Xam's current adventures in the RPG here......what do you think of that?

Graysith

posted 05-23-2003 08:35 AM    
Read the legalities... you can make your comic about your character, but not what is going on here as that involves other characters and their authors, and that would be plagiarism.

While each individual character and each individual post here "belongs" to it's writer, the whole storyline is now a part of the site.

Make the comic of whatever this character has gone through elsewhere, not here.

Thank you.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 05-23-2003 09:57 PM    
But what if the creator of the character gives me permission to use his character? Is that possible?

Graysith

posted 05-23-2003 10:30 PM    
How can you write a comic of your character's experiences here with only ONE other author giving permission?

No. The characters belong to the writers; the overall story to the site.

Thank you.

[ 05-23-2003 10:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

Tzakang Lah

posted 05-23-2003 11:20 PM    
Hey Xam this is Tzakang lah(alias O-B-1). You can use both my characters if you want. Do send me a sample of your art work though.

Xam Ngboohan

posted 05-25-2003 07:01 AM    
Tzakang cut it out. You are my cousin, you live in the apartment downstairs, and you can come up to see my artwork anytime.

Dash Kelderon

posted 05-25-2003 07:09 AM    
LOL You guys...