my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » RP Headquarters   » ATTENTION ALL ROLE PLAYERS!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL ROLE PLAYERS!!!
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-22-2005 05:05 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, this is a MAJOR head's up for ALL role players, whether you have been here forever or are an incoming "newbie."

Lately we have seen a tremendous influx of weird, non-Star Wars types of characters.

As some would say elsewhere, THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Please: NO vampires, mystery multi-species characters, no weird and unsupported powers.

As I have already stated in another post:

WE HAVE THE ALL. WE HAVE THE FORCE. WE HAVE SITH MAGICK.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... AND THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.

It is far, far too easy to be a supercharacter by endowing yours with weird and oh-so-handy powers. We prefer a more "realistic" and challenging type of role play here.

EFFICTIVE IMMEDIATELY: NO CHARACTERS WILL BE ALLOWED WITH ANY STRANGE POWERS OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED ABOVE. ANY CURRENTLY IN PLAY HERE WITH ANY OTHER POWERS WILL BE WATCHED CLOSELY FOR ANY HINT OF SUPER-POWERING.

"The All" is a registered character, so characters cannot use that power, sorry. It is simply mis-used too easily, so I have taken steps to prevent that.

Any posts made from characters who, other than the race of Sith developed here over four+ years, are NON-STAR WARS TYPES will be simply deleted.

Thank you.

~Admin

[ 03-22-2005 05:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-22-2005 05:07 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*ties self to a tree, sticks up a sign and a fence, stating "DO NOT CROSS LINE"*

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Posts: 869 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 70.56.6.223
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-22-2005 05:14 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Believe him.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.100.196
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-22-2005 05:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And finally:

It would appear that some new writers have made more than their allotted three (3) beginning characters. Please, we ask that until you have "proven" yourself by character interaction with OTHER WRITERS HERE (and or have written here for 3+ months), you adhere to using only ONE of your characters.

It is otherwise far, far too easy to slip into a story-telling position, writing primarily against yourself, which is not our idea of role play. And this is a role play site. Writers need to remember this, especially when other characters get into the thread you are in. THIS IS ROLE PLAY, NOT A PLACE TO WRITE YOUR OWN IDEA OF A STORYLINE. Interaction with OTHER players/writers is DESIRED here.

ALL WRITERS: PLEASE POST BELOW WHAT CHARACTERS YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR... even if I already know. This is to benefit all writers.

Thank you.

~Admin

[ 03-22-2005 05:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-22-2005 05:25 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I possessith:

Rykounagin
Nefrai Kesh
Lord of the Masque
Kalvendar
Onidorei
Commissar Stern

[ 07-27-2005 12:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rykounagin ]

--------------------

"I'm not afraid to keep on living, I'm not afraid to walk this world alone;" -Black Parade

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-22-2005 05:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine are:

Graysith, Galen, Aelvedaar, Yaoksi Joao, M'wonBo'o, Ghrr'lnDrr, ShaRhylla, Dark Lord Roan, JhinDarra, Aeylmaar, The Ancient Sith, The Empire, and Minna Manth, with permission from the original author to write for Sorben Tarnus.

I'f I've forgotten anybody, I'll add them here as I recall them, hehe.

--------------------

Major-Konig

Idealistic Jedi

Member # 597

posted 03-22-2005 05:53 PM     Profile for Major-Konig   Author's Homepage   Email Major-Konig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine are Major Konig, Ilse Vogel, and Hk-88/b

All are on the 'good guys' side, so no me playing against me!!!

--------------------

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Posts: 241 | From: Pennsylvania USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.238.39.115
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-22-2005 06:12 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am probably one of those people who have too many characters.

I have:
Takeshi Kovacs
Mira Tukiano
Kym
Djannii
Hunter Kenjek

Djannii I was intending for a minor character that will ide, after he helps Kovacs out to find his identity, and Kym is a character that I am not sure what to do with. Mira and Takeshi are my main characters, and Kenjek is their enemy. If anyone wants to take control of Kenjek, Kym, or Djannii pm me and I will give you the password. However, djannii knows about Kovacs pasts, so I would like you to either give him something, or tell him something. Sorry about having to many characters, I just have played here before, and am an advid roleplayer. (ask ryk or blade of chaos)

On another note, you said no mystery powers. I dont think takeshi's powers are weird, but are they. They are a derivative of the force, just he is only trained in certain areas.

You also said unstar-wars stuff. Is the fact that I am from the combined genes of about 6 people fall under that catagory.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Posts: 75 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Shahrazad

Member # 617

posted 03-22-2005 07:37 PM     Profile for Shahrazad   Author's Homepage   Email Shahrazad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello. My character is Shahrazad. (no duh) She is the only one I have and I do not intend on doing any more. That is all.

--------------------

Kneel before me. Fear me.

Posts: 40 | From: | Registered: Mar 2005  |  Logged: 204.144.239.133
Sa'kal'ishaalas

Member # 532

posted 03-22-2005 09:58 PM     Profile for Sa'kal'ishaalas   Author's Homepage   Email Sa'kal'ishaalas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My character's are:

Sa'kal'ishaalas
Gava Nadow
Kiiku (Who's signature just says she has weird powers. Just to make sure there's no confusion, SHE DOESN'T. Just to make sure you all know...oh, and I don't mean to be rude, so please don't take what I say offensively)

Oh, I was wondering by the way Gray, whatever happened to Aeylmaar? He seemed important when I joined, but we haven't heard from him in a while.

Posts: 173 | From: | Registered: May 2004  |  Logged: 67.164.11.178
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-22-2005 10:08 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you everyone.

Ok,Takeshi, your guy is a clone, right? So in that regard, I can understand the "multi-species" angle. I assume you have characteristics of all six, but cannot change from one to the other, right? If this is the case, it's ok with me; in fact, it's logical. Interesting to boot.

And you said you've role played here before? As who, can I ask?

Enhancement of the Force is ok too, if you can write how this is accomplished. I mean, the Force is already pretty strong; the only thing it really can't do well is see into the future; the only thing that can do that here is the All, but it is really a tough thing for the user and saps him or her to do this.

Aeylmaar is still "here;" he's hanging around on K'eel Doba, presumably in hiding, waiting for Graysith to show up with those who are with her. He of course hasn't a clue as to what has been going on with her, Phal, Shayla, Galen, etc... just probably is wondering why they're so late. I'm keeping him "aside" for now until they get to K'eel Doba... assuming they will, which is dicey, at the rate they're going...!

[ 03-22-2005 10:09 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-22-2005 10:14 PM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it is quite questionable, but I do have a question. Masque's being Shi'ado/sith is alright as his Shi'ado half would have taken the form of a sith, though the genetics of the Shi'ado would have stayed in causing the half breed. I did decide to limit the Shi'ado's ability at shapeshifting to it's Human-ish form and it's sith form.

--------------------

Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-22-2005 10:15 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I am a clone of six or so people (number not definate) and I have benifits and weaknesses of all of them. I can't switch between them, but once I find out, I can know what they knew, and like someone might help me or stuff like that. I have a legacy.

The enhancement of the force, that is just that I know a few abilities really well (see character description) but dont know any other abilities. He is blocked from other force powers, it seems his creaters didn't want him to be able to use the force as well as he normally could. Takeshi thinks that if he can discover his identity, he can find ways to overcome some of these blocks. He just is strong in the force based off his clone templates.

I regurly partake in a roleplay game with my freinds, but I am trying to get rid of Kym, djannii, and hunter kenjek. So that takes me down to two. That is all right, correct.

--------------------

Don't bother to hide from me. I will find you. I am everywhere. There is nowhere you can't be found.

One way or another Revenge will be mine. And when revenge comes, it will be sweet.

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 03-22-2005 10:40 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, I'm late, but I'll add to the fray. I think all my characters are already in my sig, but just in case, I write for:

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu (Kartan)
Erik Kartan
Terrin Danner
Jasyn Lancaster
Matt Stanza
Aaron Barnes
Taylor Garrison
Kiara

And should they ever become active again, I also write for:

Aliya
Izzy
Leev

[ 03-22-2005 10:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 68.214.87.148
Kitiana

Member # 598

posted 03-23-2005 08:00 AM     Profile for Kitiana   Author's Homepage   Email Kitiana     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kitiana is the one and only character I hold.
She doesn't really have any weird powers, just some extra agility/speed. She has plenty of weaknesses though. (Her mother is Pralius, a race I made up. They are not weird, they are humanoid with their eyes a distinction of what they are.)

--------------------

Life is only what you make of it...
http://www.geocities.com/reyven_tear/Kitiana1.jpg

Posts: 107 | From: Iraq | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 144.104.5.61
Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 03-23-2005 08:48 AM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jebbua Dahutt
Alexis Dahutt

and I post, with permission from the orginal writer, for:

Dash Kelderon
Capt. Obvious
Dink the Jawa

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 164.58.171.134
Raye Starr

Member # 599

posted 03-23-2005 08:43 PM     Profile for Raye Starr   Author's Homepage   Email Raye Starr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm using Raye Starr, Jedi Knight...on his way to becoming a Master as soon as I get some more story for him in...
Posts: 50 | From: | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 68.48.18.44
Takeshi Kovacs

Member # 602

posted 03-23-2005 08:48 PM     Profile for Takeshi Kovacs   Author's Homepage   Email Takeshi Kovacs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Kym is no longer up for grabs. Major Konig has taken over Kym, and Djannii has either dissapeared for a while until I bring him back, or he has gone elsewhere for someone else to use. Possibly he died if no one wants him. Kenjek is still avialaible though. So just pm me if you want either Djannii or Kenjek.

--------------------

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 03-23-2005 11:02 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Takeshi, "shelve" your unnecessary characters until later; the only time people take over another's characters is when a writer leaves the Pod and gives formal permission.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 03-23-2005 11:45 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I write for:

Phalomir
The Master
Axis
Thoran
Panthar Dantares
Rico Riven

Also, I wrote for the Eye of R'lous, but it's kinda inactive now, being wrapped around Graysith's lifeforce. And M'diff'nd, the tuk'ata, currently in the Elseness with the rest of the Temple of the Armorers.

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 70.58.180.140
Rykounagin

Son of Conflict

Member # 531

posted 03-26-2005 01:03 AM     Profile for Rykounagin   Author's Homepage   Email Rykounagin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LATE CALL! ONIDOREI IS MINE!

--------------------

Sarisa Ker

Really Nice Member

Member # 644

posted 07-01-2005 07:29 PM     Profile for Sarisa Ker   Author's Homepage   Email Sarisa Ker     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok I now write for Sarisa Ker and Aelly Ssyn.

[ 09-15-2005 08:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sarisa Ker ]

--------------------

Knowledge is power.

Posts: 259 | From: | Registered: May 2005  |  Logged: 158.4.56.5
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 07-02-2005 03:18 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No characters at this point, they are all NPC

but my NPC are

Jamel Garth
Lumbia
Dashawn E'bnnwing

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 24.23.0.166
Xenn

Member # 669

posted 07-05-2005 12:20 PM     Profile for Xenn   Author's Homepage   Email Xenn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Guys, Right now im only writing for xenn, but that could change, and if it does, ill let you know... thanks alot!!
Posts: 127 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2005  |  Logged: 24.126.148.133
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-09-2005 03:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, guys, here we go again:

Apparently no one is reading rules n regs.

PLEASE: ALL THIS CONSTANT FIGHTING, BATTLING, YADDA YADDA YADDA IS INACCEPTABLE.

That is NOT what this role play site is all about. It is NOT recommended that characters persist in challenge, fight, kill, whatever; that kind of role play is useless (one cannot kill another character) and boring, at the very least.

Not to mention it does nothing whatsoever to help one's character develop.

Please, enough is enough. Let's put on the thinking caps, and get some good stuff going. You never know when characters from other threads might manage to pop into your own---

---and in regard to the latter, please do NOT "dismiss" them summarily. They would THEN be in whatever thread you happen to be in; I have noticed characters getting overwritten or written out of the thread by simple dismissal, that dismissal being illogical in the face of what was happening in the thread at the time.

That is all....

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.196

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    De-Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05