my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Tales of Strength, Life of Honor (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tales of Strength, Life of Honor
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 01-28-2019 08:42 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in from Back Into the Fire in the Empire and New Republic forums, thank you.))

"They're on their way. We'll keep you apprised of the situation. Lt. General Tarnus, out."

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 01-28-2019 09:00 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin listened to the final incoming transmission from Tarnus, and let out a breath that he wasn't even aware he was holding in, taking a seat in a nearby copilot's chair.

No way in Hell was he leaving the comm. Not unless someone back in the galley had news that involved pinpointing exactly where Galen was. Still...

Flipping the ship-wide comm open, Terrin did figure he'd fill in the others at least on what they were doing now. "Hey guys, we've contacted the Empire and got in touch with Sorben Tarnus, who's going to help us locate Galen's SOS and ship. So here's hoping they can do something, cause they've got way more resources than we do."

Leaving it at that, Terrin then settled himself right where he was, having no intentions of going anywhere in case more updates were incoming.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
The Empire

Member # 386

posted 01-30-2019 02:10 PM     Profile for The Empire   Author's Homepage   Email The Empire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Coming in via Sorben Tarnus's order in Back Into the Fire in the Empire and New Republic forums, thank you.))

The impressive armada popped out of hyperspace just to the galactic plane north and a bit east of the Bright Jewel Cluster. Although they were a bit close to some of the galaxy's more populated worlds, the fact that immense grouping of ships had popped out of nowhere didn't concern the Captain leading this contingent the least little bit. They were the Empire, after all, and those who wished not to cross with them by necessity simply turned a blind eye to their activities, sometimes even when said activities were being implemented right beneath their very noses.

Aboard the Tarnus's flagship ISSD "Relentless," Captain Boryl Landarian rose from his seat, his steely eyes pinned on the forward viewscreen which mere seconds ago had spatially confirmed their targeted destination. He didn't need to bark any order to have that vocally confirmed by his navigator.

"Good," he allowed the compliment to slip from his lips. Turning from the screen he then paced the command deck, barking orders that all ships were to disperse, all fighters and the like to disperse from their carriers, and the lot to send out seeker probes alerted to distress signals only. No fool he, was likewise ordered some of their the more heavily armed interceptors to remain a short but protective hyper-jump away from their mother ships, relying on those mother ships to provide widespread bases of operation from which the greatest area of space would be covered.

They'd find this mysterious Mandalorian ship, of that he had no doubt. Something that did approximate doubt, however, did niggle in the back of his mind, prompting him to wonder where in all the Galaxy Actar had ever managed to procure one. But the fact that his Admiral had was enough answer for him, and pushed that little niggle down deep into his gut, replacing it instead with something coming awfully close to excitement for the grizzled if somewhat young war horse that he was.

He looked forward with great anticipation to uncovering the technological secrets that ship would potentially provide them. This sort of thing was his favorite past-time, as much as was his service to the Empire itself.

[ 01-30-2019 02:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The Empire ]

--------------------

Coming soon, to a blockade near you....

Posts: 197 | From: We're Everywhere! | Registered: Nov 2002  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 01-30-2019 04:23 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Challenger popped out of hyperspace in the vicinity of the Bright Jewel Cluster just as planned, everything all neat and tidy except for the sudden cacophony of the proximity alert klaxon which screamed over and over and over that there was something out there, something BIG...

I about fell out of my seat in my haste to attend the nav console, my fingers now playing a frantic Tatooine Tarantelle upon it as I tried to gather as much information as I could, as quickly as I could.

"Holy Mother of Mynocks, there's an SSD out there!"

My fingers flew faster, my eyes everywhere at once as they busied themselves with interpreting the numbers now scrolling across my screens.

"Heavy armor, way too many cannons for my liking, and I'm reading one, no wait! Two gravity field generators..."

I shot a fast look Terrin's way.

"I don't think it's Hornett out there, pal."

No sooner had the words left my lips than others followed in their wake. These, however, weren't coming from anyone about our ship.

"This is ISSD Relentless to unidentified craft. You will respond with your identification codes, as well as with whatever business it is you have in this region of space."

Not so much as a polite "over."

I blinked, pushed myself back from the control panel a little.

"Uh, Terrin...?"

[ 01-30-2019 04:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-30-2019 05:13 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awww Bloody Kriffing Hell, Danner, what have you gotten everyone into here?!?! What have you gotten Galen into?!?!

Terrin leaned forward from where he'd been sitting half dazed, waiting for anything via the comm, his eyes fully alert and rather wide. He shot a look back at Yaoksi, who looked as though he'd seen a ghost...

...or several thousand at once, for that matter. Meanwhile he tried to think...

...as logically as one could, anyway, in the face of the hulking ISSD that had just popped right into the same area that they were, right after he'd just sought the assistance of one of the head honchos of the Empire to find his wife....

..in the same area.

"Let's hope like bloody hell they're just here to carry out Tarnus's orders to look for Galen's ship in this area," Terrin practically whispered, as if speaking in a regular tone alone would bring the guns of the ginormous ship ahead to bear on them. Then, with effort, he added at a normal voice level, "We'd better at least respond to them, or it's not gonna get any better...

...cause I'm pretty sure we're already in their gravity well and tractor beam range."

Terrin toggled the comm. "This is Captain Terrin Danner aboard the Challenger," he answered, sending the requested identification codes. Then, making a choice to at least at the moment be a little bit vague, he proceeded with, "Just in the area doing some business for my company, Eagle Enterprises."

Well, it wasn't a lie, and there were some nearby planets EE would do business on...

Then he sent off the message, praying to all the fates that it was in fact enough and something untoward was not in fact going to ensue as he yet again held his breath.

[ 01-30-2019 05:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Captain Landarian

Broken Back Button

Member # 935

posted 01-30-2019 05:34 PM     Profile for Captain Landarian   Author's Homepage   Email Captain Landarian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Landarian frowned at the blithe evasion so evident in the man's tone of voice. For while he had been ordered by Lt. General Tarnus to command the armada seeking the Mandalorian ship, to his knowledge it was Admiral Actar aboard the mysteriously disabled ship he had been ordered to find.

Admiral Actar. And this guy just happens to have "business" in the area...

Captain Boryl Landarian didn't rise to his position at the ripe old age of 45 by being stupid. Nosirree. Commendation after commendation, not to mention the award of several Imperial Black Stars liberally strewn about his military record proved his mental capabilities to be quite the opposite. Not to mention his knack of putting two and two togther and coming up with the square root of 144...

His eyes hooded, and he frowned. Then uttered a single command.

"Tractor them in."

The order was carried out in less time than it took for him to speak the words. The hapless Challenger quite suddenly found herself not only caught in a grip of durasteel, but being drawn directly toward a hanger bay in the port side of the immensely ominous SSD.

[ 01-30-2019 05:37 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Captain Landarian ]

--------------------

We're not out to save the galaxy, we just want it to behave itself...

Posts: 13 | From: ISSD [i]Relentless[/i] | Registered: Jun 2007  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-30-2019 05:43 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"SITHSPIT!"

Once again I was practically knocked from my seat, but this time by the sudden, inertia-pounding jolt as what could only be a tractor beam took hold of us with all the genteel aplomb of a rabid rancor.

"Dammit, they've got us in a tractor beam!"

There was nothing I could do but power down and await the inevitable. No way in hell could my purty little ship take on a Super Star Destroyer of this class.

Dammit! I cursed to myself again as I plopped in my seat, arms and legs crossed, seething.

I'd just gotten her, too...

[ 01-30-2019 05:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-30-2019 06:15 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A thousand and one thoughts were spiraling through Terrin's head at the present moment when the tractor beam locked on to the Challenger.

"Oh hell," Terrin said, casting a blue-eyed gaze Yaoksi's way. He shook his head. "I'm sorry I got you all into this."

He trailed then, trying to clear the rising worry for the others...

...and much more so for Galen. For while he didn't really have much control to possibly find her at the moment...

...he certainly wouldn't have any now. All he could hope for, per the moment, was that Tarnus would follow through on his end and that his trust hadn't been placed incorrectly. But until then...

"I should have told them we were looking for her ship," he then said, feeling seven kinds of a fool for not having been totally truthful, but really not certain it would have made a worrt's worth of difference in the end.

After all, who knew what Tarnus had told who when he deployed ships to go find Galen's? And oh gods, what if Actar got a hold of the info that Galen was out there stranded somewhere? Still, that particular nasty had been quiet for some time. Strange, really...

"I don't know where Admiral Actar is, but he used to be constantly after Galen. I might be willing to trust Tarnus for the moment...

...but not the Empire in general. Maybe they'll just check out our ship and cargo then let us be on our way."

You hope, snorted a shoulder devil. But fat chance of that happening...

[ 01-30-2019 06:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-30-2019 06:42 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I shot Terrin an incredulous look, then calmed myself.

"Ummm... yeah, you'd maybe be able to trust Tarnus, right? But not the Empire in general. BUT it was Tarnus who said he'd send out the armada, not Actar. I mean, seems that means you hopefully can trust him.

"Well, at least when it comes to your wife you can. Apparently, that is."

I paused a moment, wasting a precious few more seconds before finally voicing the only thing I could think of.

"Look, you asked him for help, and he obviously complied... and fast, too. I mean, they're here, aren't they?"

I waved at the viewscreen, which didn't show diddly but stars. The enormous SSD had us by our aft section. However, I knew the gesture only proved what I was trying to say.

"Seems to me you should be able to do it again, right?"

If nothing else at least our relationship with Mister Lieutenant General Sorben Tarnus would be cemented solidly, one way or the other.

I sighed, knowing there wasn't much else I could actually do, and I'd run dry of ideas.

"I guess I'd better go aft and let Link and our Jedi friend in on our, ahh... current circumstances," I said. Then rising from my seat altogether, I went to make it so.

I hastened into the galley where lo and behold, what did I find but our silent Jedi staring into a spot somewhere between the bridge of his nose and infinity. I didn't know if he'd explode or anything if I touched him, so I turned to Link instead. She was sitting morosely off to one side, looking for all the world as if she'd lost her best friend.

"Hey, Terrin got Tarnus to send out an armada to help find Galen..."

Might as well start out on a bright note.

"...BUT we, ahh... we seem to have gotten ourselves in a bit of a sticky wicket. They're tractoring us aboard their flagship, haven't a spice-miner's clue as to why."

[ 01-30-2019 06:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 01-30-2019 07:11 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin chewed his lip for a mere second…hell, maybe a mere nanosecond, as Yaoksi departed aft…

…then turned back to the comm, toggling a reply switch that would send a transmission back to the frequency he’d used not all that long ago to speak with Tarnus.

”Fast response of armada appreciated…” he started out, chewing is lip a bit as he tried to choose the best wording he could for the obvious request he was about to make, “…but apparently your flagship the Relentless is not thrilled with us coming into its area and is tractoring us in. Any chance you can communicate with them that we’re friendlies?”

Or perhaps maybe you finally have me where you’d like me…

Terrin tried to ignore that little black thought, and sent the message off.
(((OCC: Message sent to Back Into the Fire in the Empire and New Republic forum.)))

Even as Terrin sent the message off to Tarnus, another problem surfaced in his mind. Now opening a highly secured and encrypted frequency to Aaron Barnes, he prepped another message to send. "Aaron, I need you to divert the Hornett and all fleet away from the location I gave you for Galen's potential whereabouts, at least for now. I called in the big guns and asked Lt.General Tarnus for assistance to find Galen, but now we are being tractored in by one of the Empire's ISSDs. I'm not sure what's going to happen from here...

...but I need you to divert all fleet."

Before this potentially gets worse... came the final, errant thought.

[ 01-30-2019 09:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Aaron Barnes

Owner of Eagle Enterprises

Member # 414

posted 01-30-2019 09:54 PM     Profile for Aaron Barnes   Author's Homepage   Email Aaron Barnes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron had just fallen asleep when the insistent beeping of his commlink jarred him awake. After a few moments of trying to get his bearings, he flicked on a nearby lamp, grabbed the comm, and listened to the incoming message.

Bloody Hell, Terrin, what have you gotten yourself into?

Still, Aaron quickly commed navigation to divert the Hornett towards Mon Calamari space. No sooner had he finished speaking with them did he then switch frequencies to the owner frequency for Eagle Enterprises, calling off the search for Galen's Mandalorian ship. Ever the frequent space traveller, Aaron could literally feel the Hornett drop out of hyperspace, reorient, then pull the blankets of hyperspace back around her, headed a completely different direction than she was before.

Aaron sighed, shaking his head to himself, and then turned to respond to his partner. "It's done, Terrin," he responded. "And if I don't hear from you really soon, I'm going to assume there is trouble...

...and you know I won't leave you or Galen hanging."

At least, I hope not...

--------------------

Never trust a scoundrel.

Posts: 384 | From: On the Hornett or ship-dealing elsewhere | Registered: Jan 2003  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-30-2019 10:54 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Link didn’t register what Yaoksi had been saying at first. She recognized all the words but it took her a moment to fill in the blanks based off what was said.

Isn’t Tarnus that Imperial General we had on comm earlier. Which if his people are out there searching and we ran onto one of them.

“I cannot catch a break,” Link groaned. She pulled up the ships sensors on her datapad and would have gone white if she didn’t already possess white fur.

“A Super Star Destroyer, I don’t have time to deal with this.”

Link quickly executed a program forcing the datapad to erase itself, luckily that was the only piece of incriminating evidence of her slicer career. Her planned upgrades and modifications were still on the back burner with all the side requests everyone had given her. For once all that extra work paid off.

“Okay I think that covers our less than legal methods. Except for me, I’m still a criminal if the Empire figures out who I really am. Let me think, I am technically not a citizen of the Empire or the former New Republic so no record there. Just use my birth name, its Cel, in case you forgot. I was a former slave that your family adopted, no paperwork because what government would do paperwork for a Ryn.”

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 01-31-2019 01:16 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sighed, not really liking this little turn of events, but knowing I had to begrudge her the logic of the situation.

"Should we, umm... scruffy you up or something?"

Hell's Bells, what do I know about owning slaves?!

"ANND," I went on. "Is there anyplace you want me to stash that in the meantime?" I indicated her datapad with a simple nod of my head. "I wouldn't think a slave would own such a thing, after all. I could fill it up with some... um, well... stuff, pretend it's mine, keep it in my messenger bag or something."

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 01-31-2019 01:55 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Link’s eyes shot wide at the realization of Yaoksi’s interpretation. The thought of that life becoming a reality again even a fake temporary one was to painful of a subject for her. As a physical response to that line of reasoning she hung her head down and her tail fell to the floor.

“No I am not playing the part of a slave,” Link whimpered. “Not now, not in the future, never again.”

Her hands were trembling and she wiped at the tears forming in her eyes. She looked up and could see what she thought was Yaoksi’s regret for the misinterpretation. She shoved her feeling of the matter aside the best she was able to at moment because of their lack of time. There was also the logical reason for her to strike down that idea one that would only be known to her because of her past life as a slave. Removing her glove and rolling up her sleeve she showed him her prosthetic limb.

“It may be shiny and unnatural, but its still a top of the line product. No slave owner would get an arm of this quality for their slave, and a mutilated Ryn slave would be taken out back and shot. A story closer to the truth, I lost my arm in an accident and fled from my master because of knowing the implications. Somehow I ended up in front of you who being the nice guy you are offered my pursuers the cost of the ammo to buy me and they accepted. You got me the new arm, unofficially adopted me because no one would bother to do the paper work, and now we are here.”

Realizing this was a bit much to take in Link moved on to giving her exact reasoning.

“You still get to act the same as you always do since you know next to nothing about being an actual slave owner. I get to act like I’m scarred of everyone else and have no knowledge of how anything works. I don’t like the idea of playing the scarred former slave, but its leagues above playing an actual one and I am just as familiar with how that actually works.”

[ 01-31-2019 01:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cel ]

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 73.240.15.57
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-02-2019 02:36 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Never in my life had I ever felt as much of a heel. All I could do was close my eyes, giving myself a quick kick in the pants, then ran my hand over my face.

"I mean, I didn't- umm, what I meant was-" I stammered, then just knelt down on her level.

"Look kiddo, I'm sorry. I just wasn't thinking; blame me, blame the fact that at the moment we're being tractored into an Impy SSD and the Universe only knows if they know who we are. Judging by the fact that this is happening, probably not.

"SO-!" I regained my feet. "Your plan is good." I held her datapad out toward her.

"I always wanted a daughter," I finished, still stinging from the nasty gaffe I had managed to spit out of my mouth.

--------------------

Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 02-02-2019 03:23 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Comin in from "Back Into the Fire" in the Empire/New Republic forums, thank you.))

"Tarnus here, Terrin. I'm afraid I can't let our forces know about you, not yet. Be prepared to cooperate fully; I will make certain that you are not harmed when troopers board your ship. But you may have a bit of a wait ahead of you, quite possibly in one of the detention centers aboard ship.

"Again, just play along, and trust me.

"Tarnus, out."

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 02-02-2019 04:41 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin accepted the incoming transmission to the Challenger, listened to it,....

...and sat back in the copilot's chair where he'd been waiting on pins and needles, his blue eyes defocusing.

Oh bloody Hell...

He spared but a moment to try to collect himself, raising a hand to his chin as his blue eyes grew darker, more distant. He closed them for a second, fighting the onslaught of concern for everyone with him and and for Galen. He had to hope that Tarnus would stay true to his word, at least in that he'd find Galen safely. Still, Terrin didn't give trust out easily.

And maybe this time he'd given it when he shouldn't have.

Dammit.

Sighing to himself then, Terrin opened his eyes, stood, and took a final moment to collect himself before heading aft, knowing he'd have to face the music and that he at least needed to update the others on what Tarnus had said. He made it back in time to see Yaoksi and Link having a brief exchange...

...and to see Kyan still sitting there staring into space. Terrin's blue eyes darkened a bit more as he looked at him, and with effort he then turned to Link and Yaoski.

"So Tarnus says he can't do anything for us just yet, but that we should cooperate fully and he'll make sure that troopers don't harm us when they board the ship." He paused then, his eyes growing impossibly darker. "He says we might be in for a bit of a wait in detention..."

Terrin paused, trailing, as something of days past resurfaced in his brain, of the time he'd spent in Imperial Prison on Coruscant.

Where he'd been given Galen's locket, with a picture of her and Darra with an X across both their faces, those faces that he loved so very dearly.

Dammit.

But that memory gave Terrin an idea, as horrible as it was, and as much as he couldn't stomach the thought of Galen and JhinDarra dead..

"Look, I'm technically supposed to be sitting in an Imperial prison on Coruscant still, but I was released by Graysith."

He paused then, biting his lower lip. "I'm the half-owner of Eagle Enterprises, and they have to have somewhere in their records that I mysteriously disappeared from my prison cell." He paused, his mind made up on how he wanted to play things. "Maybe if I give myself up, they'll let you go."

And maybe then if Tarnus isn't true to his word, there will still be someone left to help Galen out, as slim of a chance as it might be...

[ 02-02-2019 05:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 02-02-2019 06:43 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was difficult not being off in his own world, one was difficult to keep track of two compounded the problem. And not just the physical Kyan had to keep watch for the subtleties within the Force. It was because of this Kyan prioritized Galen’s situation and only caught enough of the situation on where he physically was present that it was too late to change things.

“Gal’ika,” Kyan transmitted. “We came out of hyperspace near where we believe you to be. Unfortunately the others contacted you friend Sorben Tarnus as well. We came out on top of a Super Star Destroyer that is searching for your ship. At the moment Tarnus is asking us to play dumb about your situation and go along. I will need to pull back my presence to a minimum but if you need me I will respond when I can, if you keep trying to get my attention I’ll take it as an emergency.”

Kyan withdrew back to the physical world taking a moment to steady himself.

“I overheard what is going on,” said Kyan. “And I warned Gal’ika as well. I don’t have the elaborate covers you do, I was well known to the Empire in my day. Not only being one of the few Jedi that wasn’t a New Republic citizen but also a Mandalorian. Because of that I sometimes worked as an intermediary for the Jedi. Maybe I can use that to our advantage.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 02-02-2019 08:18 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh Bloody flippin' Hell, this just keeps getting better and better...

"You...warned Galen...?" Terrin asked Kyan first, looking at Kyan bit incredulously. "Of the fact that the Empire is looking for her cause I'm short of any other options that are plausible and nothing more, I hope."

He paused, his stormy blues defocusing a bit. As if she needed anything else to worry about, stranded out gods knew where in an inoperable ship...

Terrin's look refocused on Kyan then. "I don't think anyone here is intending on any elaborate covers," he then said. "If you think you can act as an intermediary, be my guest...

...but I am an owner of Eagle Enterprises, and as I mentioned, I'm supposed to still be rotting in Imperial prison on Coruscant. The Empire will know that. And, as much as I hate to say it, I think the most logical thing for us all to do is to follow along with what Tarnus has told us to do. There's some reason he doesn't want the rest of the Empire to know he's been in contact with us...

...and that's a bit strange, considering he's got an armada out looking for Galen's ship as we speak. There should be no reason for secrecy in that, I'd think....

...unless something else is going on here. I don't know that I trust him, but I do know there has been a level of sincerity in my recent communications with him that I haven't expected. And I do believe he'll do what it takes to get to Galen's ship."

Terrin paused, chewing his lip. "I think we need to play this straight...

...at least for the time being."

He quieted for a moment, his blue eyes deepening in thought. "Something is up..."

[ 02-02-2019 08:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 02-03-2019 01:54 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yaoksi’s words did hurt and they were a painful reminder of a past she wished she could forget. Beneath the surface of that raw initial response was an underlying sense of peace. Link tried to give him one of her biggest smiles even though she wasn’t feeling it in herself.

“My past does sting, but your ignorance of how slavery works helps me. I can forget I was a slave when I’m with you, because even to this day I still have those reflexive responses to certain things. You don’t notice them but I do when it happens, and in those moments the others and your lack of action to treat those reflexes as bizarre or avoid them helps remind me that you see me as a real person.”

Link loosened the gun belt that contained her blaster and vibroblade ant set it on the table with the datapad Yaoksi returned.

“If I had to pretend that I was a slave again and you were my master I could never unsee that. To even consider in the furthest reaches of my thoughts that even as a pretend cover you were capable of those thing that were done to the other slaves, that they did to me. I don’t want to entertain the possibility that even for an instant that was possible I want my mental image of you to be forever in capable of such actions.”

Suddenly Link leaped at Yaoksi hugging him around the neck with her tail waving happily back and forth.

“I don’t think I will be the best daughter. I’m stubborn, get way in over my head, kinda a smart mouth, had extensive run-ins with the law, and I don’t know what a family is yet. If you are willing to put up with that then yes those words will make me very happy.”

It was dysfunctional, exasperated by the ever approaching Super Star Destroyer in the background but in this place with Yaoksi Link for the first time knew she had a home. And if anyone was able to pull her away from him they would see from the ear to ear grin Link finally understood what it meant to be happy.”

[ 02-03-2019 01:57 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cel ]

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-05-2019 10:40 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a long moment I was too busy immersing myself in the oddly satisfying warm fuzzies Link's - no, Cel's! little body was inducing when Terrin entered the mess, his ominous words cracking the moment like a hot marble tossed outside on Hoth.

I frowned, waffled a moment before favoring the kid's dignity over anything else. Gently unraveling her from my neck, I rose to my feet, setting her down on her own pair as I did so. For the moment I simply ignored the proffered datapad still held in her hand, thinking that the apparent ownership of one would perhaps further the ruse of her being my adopted daughter.

I turned to Terrin, cutting a quick side-long glance toward Kyan in the process.

"Oh... wonderful!" was all I could manage to sputter, before turning back to Cel again.

"Kid, if there's anything you need to have hidden, and hidden well, now's the time to do it before we're hauled entirely inside that big SSD out there," I cautioned, not really knowing anything else to offer that might be useful other than a general:

I've got a bad feeling about this...

[ 02-05-2019 11:30 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 02-05-2019 02:01 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What’s the point in hiding any of this, the Empire would likely go over this place with the finest gear made by the lowest bidder had to offer. We are actually fortunate that we haven’t been given the opportunity to properly outfit this as a smugglers vessel. If it appears to be mostly bone stock freighter then I only need to put these away and not hide them.

“Sure thing,” Link answered.

Scooping up her pile of things she quickly took them back to her quarters where she stashed them in a locker still containing the conspicuous dent from an earlier conversation. She returned to the others, still with a spring in her step and datapad in hand. Link didn’t know she ever wanted to have a family until Yaoksi offered, and now she wasn’t going to let some Super Star Destroyer ruin her happy moment.

“I put my weapons away but didn’t hide them,” Link explained. “They are not illegal or anything so they shouldn’t draw to much attention if they search the ship. Our computer core should be clean since the Challenger is so new. There is not much else I can do at the moment unless there is anything else you can think of.”

Link moved closer and grabbed onto one of Yaoksi’s free hands with her tail.

“Papa,” Link added.

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 73.240.15.57
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-05-2019 03:44 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had been hunkered in the comfort of my pilot's seat, albeit it rather morosely truth be known, when Master Kyan's thoughts came sliding into my head again. I didn't even pause to wonder just how it was, exactly that this communication managed to remain between us, separated as we were by no doubt hundred if not thousands of parsecs. I was simply glad to find it still there.

My happiness was immediately squelched when his words took on a life of their own and started traipsing around inside my head.

Terrin, what in Hell's Seven Circles are you doing!? I couldn't help but wonder... only to find that immediate reaction overshadowed by an even more ominous note. I mean, it was really obvious to most of my former traveling companions that Admiral Actar had been chasing after me for what seemed to be since the Big Bang first popped; now here's a big ol' SSD just conveniently helping in the search for me?

Sorben, whose side are you on anyway...? I couldn't help but snort, for after what my loving "ex" and I had shared lo these past few years showed me quite clearly where his loyalties lay, thank you very much!

I unraveled myself from the seat to start pacing aimlessly about the rather cramped area, power usage be damned. Every so often my foot would slip a bit; damn, but those ice crystals were growing! Worry chased it's tail round and round, keeping time with my friends the geese who were now marching in urgent cadence up and down my back. I wished to hell I had decent view of what was going on out there, but the only forward view I had was the rather stomach-roiling one of stars swooping and spiraling as Cin vehti rolled and pitched and yawed. The few times I actually tried to take a good look didn't show me anything but that, making me wonder if everyone involved was really where Master Kyan claimed they were.

Somehow my Gut was niggling that they weren't.

"Umm, Master Kyan, are you sure you're in my vicinity? I mean, wouldn't someone have picked up on me by now?"

What else could I ask? What else could I do, but pace and mutter, worry and pace. I never felt so frustrated in my entire life, even if the possibility of rescue was in my immediate future.

I never did believe in the cavalry charging over the hill.

[ 02-05-2019 04:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 75.106.180.73
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 02-05-2019 06:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin couldn't help but smile the briefest moment at Link's final comment to Yaoksi. Then what she said registered up in his head regarding the computer core of the ship...

...and the Empire going over it....and possibly that said computer system....with a fine toothed comb. "I don't guess we have the time to delete those conversations I had with Tarnus before we go into the belly of the whale," Terrin then mentioned, frowning. "Of course, I'm certain deleting said messages would leave a damning fingerprint of its own kind, and nothing is ever truly deleted anyway. Maybe we should leave it be."

Trailing then, Terrin's blues shifted to Kyan, who had fallen silent again. His lack of response regarding what he had communicated to Galen did little for Terrin's nerves.

She's gonna think you've lost your kriffing mind, he couldn't help but think. And if and when the Impys do pick her up--dear gods, it's the only hope he really had left unless Jasyn was able to finagle his way into helping via the Sith somehow--she was probably going to do everything to cut and run from them. And you wouldn't really blame her in that, would you, Danner? After all, Actar has captured her more times than you'd like to count...

And Tarnus is Actar's Third-in-Command. Is his sudden desire to help a sign that he was no longer in agreement with the Admiral's ways?

Terrin's blue eyes turned a bit more distant.

You sure as kriffing hell better hope so, Danner.

Terrin had to shake himself from such darkening thoughts, knowing what his gut was telling him, and deciding to rely on those instincts over the pressing shoulder demons within.

"Galen needs to know that this is the best option we have because we're running out of time," Terrin then said flatly to Kyan, whether he was listening to him or not. "I will find her no matter who does the initial picking up...

...and Admiral Actar is going to get to her over my dead body," he added, his blue eyes growing a shade darker. "I think it's best you stay in contact with her as best you can and keep tabs on how she is, and let me handle things with the Empire. She's the love of my life, dammit...

...and you're the only connection I have left with her at the moment. I need you to be letting her know we're not gonna stop until she's safe. No matter what it takes."

[ 02-05-2019 06:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 02-05-2019 11:31 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan let out a sigh in frustration, not only at his inability to quickly remedy the situation, but at the constant need to pay attention to his physical surroundings and that of Galen’s predicament. He reached out briefly into space sensing the vast numbers of life forms on the Super Star Destroyer pulling them in. By his reckoning they had a few minutes before they where inside perhaps a few more before the Empire was in position to have every one exit the ship. If Kyan was very lucky he might have enough time to answer Galen then report back but with the stain on Kyan to divide so much attention between two places he could only relay the most bare minimum of information to either party. It a choice between adequately informing one party, of inadequately informing both. Not liking either option he chose instead to take the dangerous route, at least for him.

“To hell with it all, come with me.”

Leading Terrin across the room away from the others Kyan didn’t offer an explanation as he removed both his gloves and tripped the release for his helmet. With a small hiss of air the pressure equalized and Kyan removed his helmet and set it aside as well. He let out a slow breath, steadying himself.

“Trust me, this is for Gal’ika’s sake.”

Not giving Terrin a chance to protest or question what he was doing Kyan took a quick step forward and clasped either side of Terrin’s head in his hands. Opening his eyes he stared down and into Terrin with his eyes that could no longer see the physical world. He met some initial resistance, but even out of practice Kyan was still a Jedi Master.

Kyan reached back out to Galen as he had before projecting an image of himself before her, this time he also added the likeness of Terrin off to one side. Back in the physical place where Terrin and Kyan were still standing he fed Terrin’s mind a hallucination of what was occurring on Galen’s ship. Galen, for her part, had grown use to Kyan popping in and out like that, but the addition to the fray appeared to startle her slightly. Likewise Terrin tried to jerk back but Kyan held him tightly in place.

“Ohh no you don’t,” Kyan projected into Terrin and Galen’s minds. “Calm down and listen to me for a moment. Gal’ika we came out on top of a SSD, I think it might have used its interdiction capabilities. It immediately began to tractor us in and because of that we haven’t been able to use our sensors. Now as to this.”

Kyan’s apparition motioned to the apparition of Terrin next to him.

“Lets just call it a Master level Jedi mind trick with me acting as the relay between the two of you. At best you have around two minutes before I have to cut this off, make them count.”

His apparition took a step back then tuned out the pair’s conversation so he could dedicate his efforts at maintaining this for possibly a minute beyond his estimation.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e