my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Tales of Strength, Life of Honor (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Tales of Strength, Life of Honor
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 11-28-2015 07:32 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The console's yours," I said briefly as, departing from my seat I purposely went to stand next to Kyan.

I gave him a comradely nod, as if nothing untoward had happened.

"You're going to have to teach me that trick of yours one day," I said to him as with a small nod of my head I indicated the hatch.

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 166.181.81.220
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-28-2015 08:34 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan took a quick assessment of the situation wondering as to what trick Yaoksi was referring. To Kyan's surprise they were not on the ground at the landing pad but beyond the atmosphere of Mandalore.

Did I... or was it Gal'ika... who know anymore.

Kyan offered a shrug and replied, “Old Mandalorian trick.”

Kyan caught the amused grin from Yaoksi. “Sometimes these things happen to me and I stop questioning it long ago, but I will make every effort from it happening again. If you can ever explain how I did that I will gladly teach you. Back to less impossible and more important concerns what are your plans... Gal'ika indicated I should help you, Terrin, and Link.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 11-28-2015 11:22 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin nodded to Yaoski in appreciation...

...and then got to work with his calculations, not sure if he could really track her at all as he was claiming. As he worked, he sought to match up what looked like her potential exit vector with the possible destinations. Which may or may not match up. He paused, closing his eyes, his frustration probably an apparent thing to anyone who might be looking on. None of her exit vectors seemed to necessarily align with anything he knew of...

...and Fates knew that perhaps her original hyperspace exit wouldn't indicate where she was going in the least. After all, if he was piloting it and he didn't want someone to know where he was headed, he'd blast off, hyper for a while, drop out, and then change courses.

He sighed, sitting back.

Come on Galen, give me something to run with here, in case you need me...

That little errant thought triggered another.

You could just ask her. You do, after all, still have comm contact with her...

Terrin unconsciously rapped his fingers on the navboard. He couldn't help but wonder if his initial speculation regarding her going to K'eel Doba might be incorrect.

For all he knew she was headed to Coruscant...or something...

He frowned, his blue eyes darkening, recalling then how she had done the flow walk with Kyan, and recalling the conversation he'd had with her after that about Game Players and That Which Is and perhaps Something Even Greater.

He shook his head, trying to clear the fog and frustration. After all, if she wasn't going to the Sith Worlds to ask for help, and she wasn't going to Coruscant to ask for help there either...

...and she had this whole feeling of Something Even Greater on her mind once more, which was very possible, then he'd only seen the Chrome Eyes in two particular locations...

He frowned, and shook his head a bit again, to clear his growing worry. It wsn't working. Then he opened up the comm channel that she had sent her message along just a few brief minutes ago.

Everything's just fine...

"Galen, Kyan's with us aboard the Challenger, he opened with, stalling as he decided exactly what he needed to say while simultaneously attempting to ease any worry she might have regarding what she had done. "I love you...more than life itself...

...and I'm on your heels."

He paused. At least, I will be, somehow...

"Please know that. I'll be ready when you need me.

Count on it.

"And keep me posted on your safety."

Cause sure as Khaandon made 'lil green worts, as Galen was wont to say, If I don't hear from you that'll be all it'll take.

"Be careful."

He paused, pursing his lips, considering his message...

...and then sending it off Galen's way. Only then did he turn to regard Kyan once more, an idea suddenly emerging. "How well can you sense my wife?"

Cause if she doesn't give me more of a lead to go after, and I'm going to see to it she remains safe...

...I may need something more.

[ 11-28-2015 11:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-28-2015 11:59 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan wondered how much he should reveal about the Force bond he had with Galen, not that he expected Terrin to be jealous, but...

I didn't understand its nature before because I took for granted it relied on proximity, I didn't notice until now it remains constant regardless of her distance. I need to be careful this may end up being a trump card in the future... but Gal'ika told me not to turn my back on Terrin, to trust him, to help him.

“The exact nature is difficult to explain,” said Kyan. He turned to face Terrin before continuing. “This isn't your typical Force bond. Whatever Gal'ika did she was the catalyst to restoring everyone's Force powers our bond is a byproduct. The All as you call it anchored my Force Powers through her, so regardless of distance it works as if she was here next to me. The sharing of emotions and thoughts is only diminished because we mutually are suppressing it, me through conscious effort and her unconsciously. As she grows in ability with the Force and the All I suspect she will learn this as well. But to answer your question, I can if I tried I could find where she is and if she was willing I suspect I could use not only my own Force Powers but tap into some of her own abilities. And in time she could do the same.”

Kyan sensed not only relief but a tinge of anger from Terrin as he came to understand that yes Kyan could sense Galen but would only work with them so far.

“I don't mean to hurt you just realize this,” said Kyan. “Even if we can track her she still will always remain ahead of us. That and if she manages to server the bond the backlash to her would probably be fatal. I act as a buffer for her powers, when she gained access it was full access but she doesn't have the training of the ability to handle that raw power, I can shoulder the damage at least for now.”

He could see the fear in Terrin, it was a fear he too shared. He rested a hand on Terrin's shoulder.

Gal'ika is my daughter,” said Kyan. “So that makes you my son-in-law as well Ter'ika, I will continue to watch her in my was and keep you apprised as much as I can while honoring her wishes, but if I know shes in a situation that she can't handle and even if she doesn't want our help I will use all my abilities to bring us to her in that event. Count on it.”

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-29-2015 10:08 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how much time had passed. Days, months, years... travelling the wylde ways of hyperspace tended to take up those little things we use to represent Time, and blur them all together into an endless Now. Especially when one's mind was preoccupied with something.

The image of dad's face, superimposed on Kyan's...

"The Picture is grander than you think. Feel...

"Come home. Believe in us..."

Believe in... us.

Over and over and over the words and images rumbled in my head, teasing me with the knowledge that if I just tried hard enough an epiphany would burst forth. Understanding would come riding out of confusion on the brilliant white stallion of Logic, and I'd know specifically what was being presented to me... asked of me.

But hard as I tried, it just didn't make sense. Nothing of it made any sense whatsoever.

What in Hell's Seven Circles was Ol' Googly trying to say to me? Was he/she/it trying to send information only, so I could logic it out? Was it a warning?

Was it a trap?

I shook my head, shifting my position to pull my knees up to my chest where I could rest my forehead upon them. I stared into the tiny darkness, seeking answers, and finding none.

Something niggled.

Feel.

FEEL...

All righty then!

Now I lifted my head, let it hang backwards even as I stretched out my legs upon the metal deck beneath my feet. My arms fell limply alongside the pilot's chair, dangling loosely as I let every muscle I owned relax, enticing me into a state of half awareness. I began breathing deeply, in and out, trying to expand this half awareness into something more, an inner awareness, if you will, in which I hoped the answers I sought would fall.

Something niggled a bit more.

Feel...

A sudden cacophony slammed into my quietude like a rampaging ronto, quite effectively yanking me from the zen-like state I had been fast approaching, and nearly caused me to fall out of my seat. I blinked in momentary confusion at the noise, wondering what it meant, this impolite and wild intrusion; after a moment the din lessened and coalesced into the humble bleeps of the communication board, signaling reception.

I coughed, shook my head, and paid attention.

Terrin, oh Terrin I knew I could count on you! And Kyan, too!

There was a whole universe of words I wanted to say to him. I wanted to let him know the trepidation I was feeling, the confusion, the misery I felt knowing how those I loved and cared about were viewing the yet one more "Galen" that I "had pulled..."

Isn't this what you always do? Something dark crept up within me, snickering as it reminded me of my own shortcomings. I shook it away, pondering where I should go from here.

How much have they figured out?

Neither Terrin or Kyan were challenged in the intelligence department; hell's bells, neither were little Link or Captain Joao. This led me to believe that they were indeed hot on my trail; yet I was also certain that, even if the signal I left for them had properly deciphered and followed, I still had a lead on them, with plenty of time to still get to where I was wanting to go once I actually reached my destination.

At least I hoped; oh how I fervently hoped!

Getting to my destination was one thing. Finding the right pathway to follow once there was quite another. Khaandon only knew what would happen at that point; this was where I was happy to hear that they were going to be there for me...

IF I NEEDED THEM

...and weren't simply rushing in all full of puffed-up gallantry, trying to protect the assumed damsel in distress...

Which I most certainly was not yet!

I drew in a breath, and reached to respond.

"Thank you, love. Thank you all for trusting in me.

"My Master. Ni Kelir earn norac gar trust Ni kar'taylir ner action has lost. gar cuyir jii ner buir, bal Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum."

I blinked, wondering how I'd managed that? Oh well, there ARE stranger things than are dreamt of in peoples' philosophies.

I guess that was one of them.

Smiling a little to myself, I hit "send," and checked my navigational section for current position.

Time for a course change...

Warmth filled me as Cin vehti dropped from hyperspace, adjusted her accoutrements, and took off along another vector. I knew what was waiting for me at the end of the roadway she was traveling along, and for the first time actually felt in my heart of hearts that I was doing the right thing.

And Khaandon help us all.

((Follow Galen as she continues her journey in Time and Time Again in the CSWU forums, thank you.))

[ 11-29-2015 10:23 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.181.82.131
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 11-29-2015 10:40 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
While this little interchange was in progress my mind had been furiously racing. There had to be a way to track that ship; after all, hadn't every Guild-world in the galaxy developed one means or another to keep their ships invisible to Imperial peepers?

I knew the ion-cloaking device was inherently built into Challenger, for most Aligned Worlds used such, which was automatically engaged when the ship in question went into hyperdrive.

But the Mandalorians, now there was another wrinkle.

I raised a finger.

"Scuse me, but would this ship be leaving an ion shadow from her hyperdrive engines? I mean, I realize masking engineering is more than likely used on Mandalorian ships as well as ours, but...

"Is it automatically engaged? If not, would Galen know how to employ it? Heck, would she even know she'd have to employ it? She might be assuming that it is automatic, if it really isn't, and just might be out there laying down a crumb-trail only a blind man wouldn't see.

"Oops, my bad, sorry," I finished with an apologetic nod toward Kyan.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 166.181.82.131
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-29-2015 10:54 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan shook his head, not only for the comment about his blindness but at Yaoksi's question.

“I'm use to my condition,” remarked Kyan. “Except for reading I probably can see better and further than you. Just took me a while to filter out the information I didn't need. To answer your question, I'm no engineer, and even if I was I'm 25 years removed from the Paladins development. What I do know is that ship Gal'ika is on was designed to deliver troops through heavy fire or deep behind enemy lines, stealth was a factor considered in its conception.”

As they talked a message came in over the comm from Galen, first thanking Terrin then a string of Mando'a directed at Kyan. Upon hearing the message Kyan felt strength leave him temportarily and he sat down in a near by chair and removed his helmet.

I was not expecting that Gal'ika speaking in fluent Mando'a perfect accent, my accent as if she had been speaking it her entire life.

Vor entye,” said Kyan. “Elek ni kar'tayli gar darasuum ad'ika.

He didn't send the message over comms but instead through the Force bond knowing Galen would hear and understand its meaning. Kyan then became aware of the others looking on at him baffled by both Galen's message and Kyan's response and tears.

Gal'ika apologized that her actions hurt us,” Kyan explained. “That and a personal message for me. This changes everything. She spoke in Mando'a fluent Mando'a in my accent, mostly Kyrimorut mountain region, little Concord Dawn, and Concordian dialect bleeding across. That's not only access to my knowledge, but also my experiences and my memories to have correct context. Likely the reverse is true in fact I can already sense my piloting ability is better than ever. To summarize Gal'ika knows the principles of that vessle, how to read and understand the technical documents, and more importantly The experiences and tactics of a Jedi Master and Military commander of the largest mercenary army in the galaxy. Short of me using the All to to take us to her, which I don't know how because Gal'ika doesn't know how... yet. I can only track her through the bond, we would always remain a step behind her, and chasing her does not help her at this time.”

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 11-29-2015 11:20 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((From Time and Time Again in the CSWU forums...

"i kar'taylir darasuum gar ratiin, ner buir..."

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 166.181.82.131
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 11-29-2015 11:30 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't help but feel my hackles begin to rise. All this force spookiness just made me itch for nothing more than a good blaster and a fast ship. Well, a ship I had, and good friends; however this still wasn't helping me out much in the piloting department.

"Exactly where, ahh... I mean, what vector do you propose I take?"

I waved my hand at the forward viewscreen, upon which was brilliantly displayed the local universe in all it's stellar beauty.

"It's a big galaxy out there."

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 166.181.82.131
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-30-2015 12:30 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan pointed out the viewport in a seemingly random direction.

Gal'ika is that way,” answered Kyan. “But as to distance or which way she is heading the scale is just to big to comprehend.”

He smiled then because of the message he overheard from Galen across the bond.

“Nothing [i]Gal'ika responding to my message,” Kyan laughed. “She saw something coming something that that is bigger more important than what we are dealing with. I still don't know what exactly she hopes to prevent it has to do with her sister, my grand daughter, her, myself... I have the knowledge, the images but I'm having trouble making sense of it even with Gal'ika's memories. Something is calling her and it has to do with that future we saw. She's worried that her actions will hurt us. So I plan on minimizing the damage or misfortune I saw, that begins with Kani and the Empire.”

Kyan opened a channel to Bes'in.

“Full disclosure,” said Kyan. “I'm invoking article one of the charter, activate all assets and deploy the fleet. I will address everyone accordingly.”

Kyan closed the commlink and leaned back in the chair, before addressing Yaoksi and Terrin.

“I know I'm asking much from both of you in this moment,” said Kyan. “Give Bes'in and I a few hours and you will have more than just the support of the Paladins Bes'in promissed. I will get you and Gal'ika the full support of the Paladins, the remaining Jedi, all of Mandalore, and with time possibly the Empire if what I am understanding is true. I'll also need Link.”

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 11-30-2015 09:14 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin turned to regard Kyan, waffling between accepting his offer to get the Paladins on board with them and simply telling him Hell no. After all, he had just referenced them focusing perhaps a bit more on the Empire and his granddaughter while Galen did her thing.

Which was all just peachy for Kyan, who was probably worried sick about his Granddaughter....but would, in the end, do little to get them in position to assist Galen if she needed it...

Despite these concerns, Terrin had to remind himself that Galen did trust Kyan, and viewed him as more than just a Master but also as a Father figure. And Terrin also knew he needed more information if he was going to track her effectively, and said information may be gleaned from the Mandalorians, who knew their own ships way more than he did. After all, while he knew quite a bit about the make-up of most ships, Terrin wasn't in the business of selling ships of this variety. At least, not usually. And searching around blindly without anything to go on, compared to hanging back for a few hours to get some help that might pay off when it came to the big picture, was pretty stupid.

And aside from all that, Kyan did have a direct link to Galen. While Terrin really didn't think Kyan truly understood the gravity of what Galen had seen and felt...

...That Which Is, yet another Game Player in control of everything else, the Sith, the Dark Lord, her Sister...

...he also sensed, despite his reservations, that Kyan did truly care about Galen's well being. And quite possibly more than that.

Terrin sighed, hating the choices he was having to make, yearning with every moment that he was with Galen, instead of here, just trying to do the best he could while she risked herself. "All right," he finally said aloud. "We can give you a few hours."

Inwardly, Terrin winced a little at his own words, knowing they were on the short side.

He really hated this.

"And after, we are going to get ourselves in a place where we can be in at least a central location to Galen's potential destinations should she need us, unless something changes."

He paused, chewing his lip a bit in thought, considering which possible destinations Galen might, in fact, have in mind based on the conversations he'd had with her recently and all that had been going on. "She may be headed to Coruscant, to try to get Tarnus and the Empire on our side, or she may be headed to the Sith Worlds, to try to get her Sister, the Dark Lords, or both on our side..."

He trailed, another possibility regarding the latter almost hitting him square between the eyes.

"...or perhaps she's headed to the Sith Worlds to try to get some training from her Sister, who is one of the few who has control of the All." He paused again, his blue eyes turning a bit stormy. "And she's trained another before."

Trailing for a moment, Terrin pursed his lips, considering if Galen might have any other possible destinations. If Galen was thinking of somehow connecting with or bargaining with That Which Is...

...*shudder*....

...they had also seen that particular entity on Degobah before as well.

Oh, Hell no, surely she wasn't headded there...

He stood from the navboard, allowing Yaoski to take back over. "And maybe while you're talking with the Paladins, we ccan get the info on the masking technology regarding the ship Galen's on," he suggested, pretty positive however that a ship designed to do what Kyan stated probably had it. "Still, if she lands somewhere populated..."

...Fat chance...

"I do have some resources to tap in to to potentially find that out."

[ 11-30-2015 09:22 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Bes'in Skirata

Member # 951

posted 11-30-2015 10:06 PM     Profile for Bes'in Skirata   Author's Homepage   Email Bes'in Skirata     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bes'in was planning his next move when Kyan's message came in over the comms.

“Article one,” comment Bes'in. “About time.”

Article one or the primary mission of the Paladins was the preservation of the Mandalorian way of life, and combined with a full mobilization order could only mean one thing. Bes'in turned to face the holo.

Cabu'ad Skirata,” Bes'in ordered. “A call to mobilize has been issued and confirmed by the Supreme Guardian, I hereby am ending your deep cover mission among the Imperials return to base with whatever assets you deem necessary and assume command of the Fleet.”

The figure saluted and signed off. Bes'in resided the lock down and strode out onto the command deck. All eyes turned to face him sensing the tension. He walked across the command deck and settled into his chair looking into the faces of each member before opening a channel to the entire site.

“This is Cab'uir Alor Skirata,” stated Bes'in. “By order of Cab'uir Alor Jetiis'ad I am authorize full mobilization of all Paladins. In one hour we make out presence known to all Mandalore, commence transfer of all equipment and prepare the Kal Skirata for flight operations.”

Bes'in signed off and immediately those present moved with sudden urgency to carry out a plan they had long trained for. Only once he say opperations were well underway did he open a channel with Kyan.

Cab'uir Alor Jetiis'ad,” said Bes'in. “Command acknowledge, Kal Skirata mobilized within the hour and full deployment of the fleet in 10, standing by for further instructions.”

Posts: 20 | From: | Registered: Sep 2012  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-30-2015 10:16 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan smiled upon hearing the confirmation, he was about to show the Galaxy something they had never dreamed of.

And with all the attention on me it gives Gal'ika the freedom to do what she needs.

“Understood Skirata,” replied Kyan. “I want a meeting of the Chieftains in an hour and a half, holo will be sufficient. All senior staff available and full broadcast, for now give Terrin and Link full access to our database, and flag anything that may indicate Gal'ika's final destination and intent for their review. Under no circumstances are you to interfere with her. Jetiis'ad out.”

Kyan closed the channel and looked back at Terrin. “I'm giving you full access to out database; our designs, Intel, troop deployments, short of the exact metallurgical process of how to process and refine Mandalorian Iron are at your disposal. Do not misuse this. Captian Joao, if it is okay with you I need to borrow your services, or more specifically Link's services as well.”

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 11-30-2015 10:29 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I blinked at the rapidity in which events had transpired, and especially so regarding in which direction. Sidling over to Terrin, I gave him an elbow in the ribs.

"Seems like we've got ourselves a fleet," I announced brightly, before turning back to the waiting Kyan. I jerked a thumb aft-wards.

"The kid skedaddled back there, probably hacking into something or other; she's pretty good," I offered. Then I went over and seated myself in my pilot's chair.

"I'm ready to sky whenever you guys call it; just give me a destination and we're there. Oh, and something a little bit more definite than 'that way' would be appreciated."

My lips curled in a crooked grin, which I immediately squelched. Now was not the time to be seen as frivolous, not when Terrin's feisty little wife was out there risking herself for the cause.

The crux of that, to be honest, was something I was still trying to get used to. Mandalorian fleet beside us or no, I still couldn't imagine how we were going to really get anywhere in the upcoming fight. Even if the Impys threw their lot in with us; how the hell did anyone expect us to cooperate as one, gigantic unit without squabbling and in-fighting breaking out?

Hell, maybe that's what the Mandalorians were going to prove themselves useful. After all, they did say they were going to "police" us all, and not toss their coins into our collective pot.

I shook my head, trying to get the cobwebs out. Political intrigue, battle strategizing, and in general saving the galaxy just really wasn't my cuppa caf.

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 184.63.109.215
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-30-2015 11:01 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“I guess our cooperation depends on whose leading their respective powers. And first we are going to deal with the Empire, with one of our own. Coruscant is likely our first destination once we are ready, I don't believe Gal'ika is heading there but it is where she needs us to be, where we can be ready to move in when she needs us. Kani, Tarnus, Actar, they all represent different vulnerabilities to Gal'ika's future I intend to deal with them all at once.”

Kyan went off and found Link in the galley, and like Yaoksi guessed she was slicing into some system or another.

“Hey galaxy's greatest slicer I have a gift for you and a challenge,” said Kyan. “First I got you unfettered access to the Paladin database, all of it. As for the challenge I need you to use that to slice into the holonet, I plan on making a broadcast and I need every holonet terminal to broadcast it. Every single one in the Galaxy.”

Kyan only waited long enough for Link to nod and get started at her task before returning to the cockpit.

“We are in standby until preparations are complete,” Kyan said. “If you two need something to do in the mean time that database has information that may help us realize exactly what Gal'ika is up to, and if you find anything in the technical documents you like Captian Joao let my Paladin engineering know they will install it.”

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-01-2015 10:09 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I shot an uncomfortable glance Terrin's way, as Kyan strode from the cockpit.

"Hold yer dewbacks," I said as in tandem I held up a detaining palm. "I thought we were going to do our best to follow Galen's tracks, to be in the vicinity of wherever it is she's aiming toward so that if she needs our help we'll be there... and quick! ...to give it.

"But now we're going to Coruscant?! That might be a purty far pace down the road from her position, especially when he already "thinks" she's not going to be headed there."

I nodded significantly aft, where Kyan had just disappeared.

Terrin didn't reply, but I could tell by his visage he was thinking furiously, trying to come up with something concrete, something useful, that we could do. The only time I felt as helpless was that terrible day that demon came and ripped my soul apart with it's hideous attack on Nassy, sending her into shock and near-death induced coma.

We eyed each other in uncomfortable silence until the thump of boots signaled Kyan's joining us. I whirled to face him.

"Can I ask why you think that? I mean, why you're so certain Galen isn't going to Coruscant?"

Unconsciously I took up a somewhat defensive stance, arms crossed over my chest, legs a little bit wide. I mean, Kyan had been truthful with us in the past, and it appeared that Galen trusted him implicitly.

But now it seemed he was grabbing the reins and making the ronto go-!. I wasn't certain I liked the way he was taking charge here, and certainly wasn't happy with his vaguely stated plan of where why were going to Coruscant.

If only I knew where the hell the lil spitfire had taken off too; if Coruscant I'd be hot on her trail in a heartbeat, Impys be damned.

But what if she'd decided to go blasting off to, ohhhh... say Dantooine? Or back to the Sith worlds? They were a touch far from Coruscant; I didn't know if we'd be able to go to her aid if and when she hollered for it. Hell, I didn't even know if the Impys would just up and imprison the lot of us, considering it looked as if we were going there with a fleet of Mandalorian Warriors flanking us.

That's it, isn't it? I just DON'T KNOW...

...but there was one thing I did. Sure as shootin' I didn't want to lose my purty new ship so soon after I'd gotten it, which I felt down to my shoes was what would happen when the Impys caught sight of her and found the chance to do so.

However, putzing around in hidden realms in the Galaxy wasn't helping anyone either. And we did after all come seeking help from Mandalore, the first step in trying to unite all the peoples of the Galaxy into one cohesive unit, to fight against...

What?

Ahh, but THERE'S the crux now, isn't it you ol rancor...

I shook my head at my own reaction. Fat lot of good I'd be, we'd be if we slid as easily into old suspicions and hatreds as I had just done, and I had the advantage of knowing just WHY a pretty little ship would suddenly appear in Coruscant space, with Mandalorian muscle in attendance.

I suddenly wished that Galen had in fact gone to Coruscant.

She's probably the only one in the universe who could sway Tarnus's heart, despite the checkered past they've had with each other.

Here's hoping he'll be as amenable to listening to us, and will see the fleet for what it is.

Not a threat, but a preventative measure. Well, at least I hope it is. I'm sure there's really no love lost between Mandalore and the Impys.

"Hell," I muttered then as I turned and plopped into the pilot's seat again, my hands deftly reaching to this control and that sigil to lay in a course to Coruscant. When preparations had been made I sat quietly for a short moment, before announcing the same to the others.

Then, on the odd chance there'd be some bits of bread floating out there in the freedom of space, I began scanning the area, snipe hunting for the illusion of an ion trail Galen's Mandalorian ship might possibly have created.

[ 12-01-2015 10:17 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 607 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 166.181.83.79
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-01-2015 07:45 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin's mind was a whirl.

Kinda sounded like the Paladins were getting ready to call the Empire's number.

Oh kriffing hell, this wouldn't do.

Not to mention he was all kinds of disturbed by how events were shifting, from them trying to figure out how to best help Galen out if she needed it to....

...to whatever the bloody Hell the Mandalorians were getting ready to do. Instead of going in blazing to ask just what exactly they thought they were doing, Terrin decided on perhaps a different approach. Not one that he liked, considering how he felt about it all...

...but again, trying to use his head rather than his heart in the matter. Cause if his heart had anything to do with it...

He'd be blasting off to the Hornett to do his own recon.

And there were a couple of things: Kyan still by far, had the best link to Galen. And with that and any information on the specs of the Mandalorian ship Galen took off in...

...maybe they'd have a good chance of getting to her when she needed it.

Terrin's blue eyes shot to Kyan. "Just wondering...

...what are the plans of the Paladins, exactly? The fleet, databases, information, and assistance are greatly appreciated...

...but I was kinda hoping we'd make some carefully laid connections and not necesarily go in guns blazing. Cause remember, when it's all said and done, Galen has been continually telling us that this is something greater than what we even know...

...something even more elusive and menacing, that by comparison makes us all minuscule, as though we are just game pieces in a game."

He paused, pursing his lips again. "Big fleets and armies be damned, if there's something even greater out there than That Which Is...

...all those things are not gonna be enough."

And admit it, Danner, the one thing that scares you the most is that Galen has a strength within her that might be key in all this...

...and you might not be able to do a damn thing to help or even protect her in the end...

[ 12-01-2015 07:47 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-02-2015 12:57 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OOC: Sorry kinda sick today, could write until late in the evening.)))

“Ohh but I have been paying attention,” said Kyan. “The Paladin's yes serve the purpose you stated, that is why I help found them. Ultimately yes an alliance with the Empire could in fact end many of our current problems, even more so if it was someone other than Actar leading the Empire.”

Kyan worked the wrist mounted vibroblade, extending and retracting it as he talked.

“The situation as I see it present a multitude of factors and problems to consider,” contined Kyan. “I conceded that conventional methods will have little direct impact against the That Which Is you speak of. No doubt it still has its own conventional agents otherwise it would already roll over us, my guess is that it arranges its agents to harass and occupy those who can fight back. Those like Gal'ika and her sister. Look at what it has accomplished; the Empire has crushed the New Republic and the Jedi, the Sith remain contained to their Sector by choice or design, and all the other groups are too scared of either to do anything about it. Once these conditions have been fostered it becauses easier for their agents to identify threats to their masters then its up to them to eliminate, isolate, or convert to their cause.”

Kyan didn't exactly know how much of this they were taking in, it was only a theory after all.

But right now this is all I can do, until Gal'ika needs me.

“We then attack the problem on multiple fronts. One the Paladins and whatever future allies we raise will occupy the attention of the conventional agents. Two there was a reason the Jedi were destroyed and the Sith were isolated for a reason part of my plan includes reestablishing the Jedi and hopefully integrating the Sith into the rest of the Galaxy. The third aim is that the first two avenues of attack give Gal'ika the opportunity she needs to develop her powers, to find more information, and to gain effective allies. Our final avenue is to restore hope, you are right we don't know understand how to fight what Gal'ika saw. I choose to believe there is a way, and people like her will be the ones to do so. That is why I want everyone on the same page ready to chip in their lot when we are called.”

[ 12-02-2015 01:08 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Kyan Jetiis'ad ]

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-05-2015 05:23 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin was truthfully a uncertain about the plan Kyan was laying out. He glanced for a moment in Yaoksi's direction. His eyes were glued to the navboard, seeming to want to keep out of this particular discussion, perhaps sensing the unseen friction. He looked back to Kyan, chewing his lower lip a bit in thought, wondering if, since Kyan said he had such a direct connection to Galen, he had any better understanding of what Galen had seen and of That Which Is because of the link.

He really wasn't sure. And that's when reality hit him square between the eyes.

What's really bothering you about all of this is not what Kyan is saying, necessarily. At least, not exactly. It's really because, in the past, when Galen went off on her own and all was said and done, you were the one calling the lead shots on when to act and where to go and when to go after her. Now, there are the Mandalorians, the Paladins, and Kyan.

"Ok, so maybe you have a point," Terrin finally stated. "And truth be told, fighting battles on large scale isn't my arena. Still, I have experience with the Empire, with the Sith...

...and with That Which Is. And regarding the latter, I have some experience that is entirely too direct. I'm not suree it's quite as cut and dry as you think it may be."

He paused with that, hoping the statement didn't come across as a challenge, because it wasn't meant as that, but instead as a word of caution.

"And I must be honest with you in this now, as well. I came to Mandalore as an ambassador, to try to set up an alliance and to hopefully set in motion a chain of peoples working together instead of fighting, because I trust Galen and when she says there is a threat incoming that is beyond us all I believe it."

He paused.

"But--know this--if and when the time should come that I feel there is a potential threat to Galen, whether she asks for our help or not, she will now and always be my first priority."

Alliances and military plans be damned, came the mental addendum.

"I'm admittedly not sure why you think Galen will need us on Coruscant. Getting in and out of there is risky..."

He trailed, recalling oh so well his time in prison there. "...and believe me, getting out of there once you're caught by the wrong person is no easy task. Unless, of course, you know, or sense something, that you haven't stated?"

Terrin let the last question hang, not intending it as a threat, but merely a simple query, and hoping Kyan would take it as nothing but that.

[ 12-05-2015 07:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-06-2015 06:15 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He knew that this all was a hard sell. The things that weighted into his decisions were not always tangible fact or an obvious response.

“I don't know for sure if Gal'ika is or is not going to Coruscant,” answered Kyan. “Before she took off without me we received word that not only confirms Kan'ika is there, but that she believes that something important is happening in the highest levels of the Imperial government. Something that either the Paladins or myself can exploit. I don't see Gal'ika going there without me for that reason. Another possibility is the That Which Is has something to do with Kan'ika, Tarnus, or Actar. Tarnus she probably can handle, Actar is anyone’s guess if I understand her knowledge of him correctly, its Kan'ika I worry about.”

Kyan peered back into the memories of the flow walk and the battle with Kani.

The actions we take now, that we have taken are appearing to lead us away from that future. But in the areas that matter the most [i]Kan'ika is like her mother and that frightens me.[/i]

“Not just Kan'ika's safety I fear more for Gal'ika if those two meet,” said Kyan. “Kan'ika possesses two very unique and powerful bloodline abilities in the Force like her mother. I suspect that is why she wasn't out right killed by Actar and made into an Imperial agent. Even with access to my knowledge and abilities will not help Gal'ika if Actar did something to Kan'ika it possible that knowledge will make put her into even more danger. The point is that meeting has one of the worst possible outcomes when it comes to Gal'ika's safety.”

Kyan removed his helmet, arose from his chair, and stood eye level with Terrin. Even in his physical blindness Kyan's eyes remained focused on something in the distance.

“We find out that it isn't her plan to head to Coruscant then by all means we let Bes'in handle the public side of the Coalition the Imperials and my granddaughter,” Kyan answered. “But if she is heading there than it is a high probability that she will need us. You know your wife Ter'ika, given what I told you about the events leading up to her taking off, the fact she has access to my knowledge, and the current state of events where would she go that is such a danger she felt the need to leave us behind?”

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-12-2015 03:55 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Terrin pursed his lips again, his eyes defocusing as he thought.

"There are several possibilities. "She could have left you behind because she is going to Coruscant, and she thinks she saw you die at your granddaughter's hand. She wouldn't want that happening if she thought there was any way she could prevent it. As for anything that Actar could have done to your Kani..."

Terrin trailed, his eyes darkening as he recalled what the Admiral did last to Galen, "...I wouldn't put anything past him. Of course she could have gone to either of the Sith worlds...

...in which case the last time we parted from those worlds we didn't necessarily do so in the best of circumstances...

...but then again I have at least one employee there I do have contact with...

...and I hopefully have two, although last I heard one was imprisoned there. If Galen is headed there, she may be after anything...she's got good knowledge of both worlds and may know of a weapon or tool that I don't...and could be going on a scouting expedition and doesn't want anyone getting hurt. Or she could be doing what would be the most obvious, at least to me, and could be headed to her sister in hopes she could enlist her aid."

Terrin trailed, then continued with, "It's also possible she is seeking training there...her sister has done the teacher thing before and is a Dark Lady of the Sith. Those connections would be valuable with something so dark and deadly as Galen has seen. Still...we did see That Which Is on Degobah, and people did get hurt in the process of interacting with or being trapped by that entity...

...I don't know how likely it is but maybe she's headed there."

Terrin shook his head. "I just can't be sure. And I'm absolutely not sure what the best course of action is here. I just know I want to be ready and available whenever I need to be."

(((OCC: Sorry for the posting delay. It's been a long. very sad end of the week; we had a student in the department I work in pass away in transit to the hospital from our school.)))

[ 12-12-2015 03:56 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-14-2015 01:23 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kyan understood Terrin's desire to be ready at a moment's notice. He too shared that desire and if he could be at Galen's side without violating her wishes he would have done so. In the absence of that possibility he wished to head off the harmful futures he saw and save Kani if at all possible, but unlike Terrin he could read the Force bond and that gave him a measure of peace but he knew Terrin needed something more.

“What I am about to reveal to you does not leave this vessel,” said Kyan. “I can actively hide some knowledge from Gal'ika and vice versa. I am hiding this ability from her for now because if she can't reveal it to her enemies they cannot prepare for it. So before I explain it, I need you, Yaoksi, and Link to understand this never leaves our group that I can do what I am about to show you.”

Kyan waited for a nod from the two men before unclipping a lightsaber from his belt and handed it to Terrin.

“Hold this,” said Kyan. He moved to the far side of the door way but remained within their sight before turning his back on them. Raising his had up into the air above his head Kyan made a grasping motion as if to hold something before tapping into his Force band to access his powers anchored through Galen. In one moment the lightsaber remained grasped in Terrin's hands in the next it was in Kyan's. He walked back into the room and read the stunned faces of the pair.

“Force Teleportation, or folding space. Like flow-walking but at the same time nothing like it. With my limited access to my own powers I can teleport a small object a short distance. There are several restrictions and conditions that need to be met before I can do so, and even then the limitations make it an almost useless ability. However if Gal'ika calls out to me and I use her All powers I believe I can teleport myself and one other to her. Continue to find a motive for Gal'ika I intend to do the same, while heading off the potential dangers I know I can handle.”

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-22-2015 06:05 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Initially, Kyan's display with his lightsaber put Terrin on edge. After all, he'd only seen an All user snatch something from thin air into his or her own hands. But then reality dawned on him regarding what Kyan was saying to him.

And had been trying to say to him all along.

Terrin shook his head a bit and sighed, probably to the surprise and even possible alarm of those around him. But it wasn't directed in any way towards them...

...but instead, towards himself.

Old habits die hard. And shoulder devils were obnoxious, persistent beings. Here he thought he'd gotten past his, and it had been sitting there, snickering in his ear, trying to tell him that Kyan didn't care about Galen or anything she had been saying.

Kriffing hell, what an idiot you are sometimes, Danner.

Shaking his head once more to clear his thoughts and his own self-reprimand, Terrin knew now was the time to start setting things right. Lifting a hand, he ran it from his forehead down the side of his face til at length his thumb rested under his chin, fingers curled over. Then he directed his blue eyes Kyan's way. "Look, I think we've gotten off on the wrong foot here...

...or at least, I have."

He sighed, letting his hand drop. "I've been so wrapped up in Galen going off on her own that I haven't really been hearing a damn thing you're telling me. And that won't help her at all...

...or anyone else."

He paused. "So until we get more intel from Galen's ship via your connections...or she gives us a lead somehow...

...maybe we ought to really sit down as friends and talk about what we're going to do here. After all, no one just visits Coruscant anymore...

...and the last time I was there I was spending time in a nasty little prison block with a good friend."

Terrin paused, scowling, then his look darkening to entirely something else as he recalled how Actar had lead him to believe Galen was dead when he was there. With effort, he put such thoughts aside and continued. "And technically, I should still be in said prison."

Quieting once more, Terrin pursed his lips, forcing himself to think instead of focusing on his concern for Galen, where she was going, and her safety and instead to what he could do to help until he knew more.

"We need to decide our approach into Coruscant, if that's in fact where we are going," he began, ticing off points with his fingers, "decide how you want to get to your Kani..."

"...and you mentioned something about a database that might help us track Galen's destination...?"

He arched an eyebrow. "Yeah, I'd love to have a look at that."

Yeah, and after that, dammit, I'd really like a drink, came an urestrained thought.

[ 12-22-2015 06:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-23-2015 11:29 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
“Lets take this to the galley then I also want to get Link's opinion on things as well,” Kyan agreed.

The three of them proceeded to the Galley joining Link at the table. Kyan took his helmet and set the commlink to speaker keying in Bes'in and Bes'in's granddaughter.

“I'm brining Bes'in and his granddaughter into the conversation because Bes'in represents the Paladins the public face of this operation and his Granddaughter the strategic commander of the Paladin fleet both have and important parts to play.” said Kyan. “The Paladins will deal with the physical agents of the That Which Is by extension the Vong, Empire, and Sith. All of this will in essense be a smokescreen one that will conceal our movements and if it goes according to plan help Gal'ika and let us track her. Now my announcement will likely make most of the major power blocks reposition themselves. While the Paladins work to strengthen our coalition we here in this ship move in secret.”

Kyan motioned to encompass the room.

“We deal with the power behind the scene,” said Kyan. “And the best idea I have for the moment is to support Gal'ika. Now I can get to her if it is necessary but until that comes to pass lets deal with the threats we can. In my vision of the future I dueled Kani, I was able to save her but it appears that I also lose my life. Now one possibility is Gal'ika heading off to prevent that future, that is what I fear the most because even with access to my knowledge if Actar could harness Kani's full powers against her I believe one or both of them will die.”

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 12-24-2015 10:28 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With a drink now in his hands, perhaps not for the best of anyone, Terrin's thoughts shifted back to what he really thought Galen might be doing...

....and realizing what his gut was telling him.

You know her Danner, better than anyone else here. And you know what she said to you after her flow walk with Kyan, about what was happening, and about how small she felt, and how big it all really was...

...so would she then really head off to Coruscant and try to stop the future she saw where Kyan was killed by his granddaughter...

...or would she see things in a larger spectrum than that?

You know the answer.

"Look, I think you're thinking of all of this on too small a scale," Terrin then said flatly. "What the Empire...or rather, Actar...is up to may be the immediate threat, but I remember what Galen said to me after she flow walked with you."

He paused, pursing his lips. "I don't think she'd go after your Kani at all." Terriin hoped the statement didn't sound as uncaring as he thought it might. "At least, not now," he then added, hoping to soften his previous statement "She's been saying all along, before she blasted out of here, that we were small, small pieces of what is going on. That there may not be anything we can do to stop it...

...and believe me, after the experiences I've had with Galen since I've known her, that is a huge possibility...

...and we therefore need to start thinking outside of the box. So what would our objective for going to Coruscant really be? To pull Kani out? How is that going to help Galen...

...or anyone in the long run? You said yourself the Paladins would handle the Empire, and I'm afraid if we head that way we are going to get ourselves stuck in a situation that won't allow us to move when we need to for either Kani or Galen.

And if and when the time comes, we need that freedom of movement. Or at least, I do."

Terrin paused then, realizing with a jolt what was really bothering him about all of this. "We've got good plans to start handling our concerns with the Empire, and with Actar, in letting the Paladins do their thing. I think the real issue here is that you are torn between how we can help Kani, and how we can help Galen. We know where Kani is, ad we have a modicum of contact with her. We can head in her direction...

...or maybe, since she has established some contact, direct her our way some how. After all...didn't she already establish contact with your peoples? And if she did, wouldn't us blasting in there to save the day blow her cover just as much as us trying to blast in and head after Galen without her needing it yet would?"

Quieting again, Terrin pursed his lips, his thoughts straying once more to Galen, hoping for a sign, anything. And hoping like hell that he made the right choices in the meantime...

[ 12-24-2015 10:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e