my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » If You Go Out In The Woods Today (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Printable Version
Author Topic: If You Go Out In The Woods Today
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 11-07-2008 12:19 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rising concern for the safety of my Chosen one diminishes at the sound of that slight but interruptive cough. For without her connection to the wonder of the All, my Chosen Daughter has suddenly shrunken in demeanor to that which she really is:

A frail human, one without the inherent physical abilities or strengths of the race to which I have bound her.

To which she has bound herself.

A great uprush of something approaching guilt erupts throughout my body as I silently consider her unconscious form.

What I have done I have done for the sake of my people, and with an ensuing loyalty to them which has surprised me, she has performed her duty with equal fervor.

But at what cost...

I shake my head, not in negation of my Brother's request but at what I might have done to this female, this one who has throughout the years come to mean more to me than merely the rejuvenator of the Sith. Then I quickly move into action, and assist Lord Phalomir in placing her atop the litter.

"I am ready, Brother," I then reply to him, straightening fully as he mirrors my action. Then holding tightly to the feather-light burden I follow where he leads us, and together we trudge into the forests of this verdant moon, accompanied by a silent but extremely watchful little group of its people.

[ 11-07-2008 12:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Phalomir

Dark Lord of the Armorers

Member # 492

posted 11-07-2008 08:49 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That short walk though the woods seemed an eternity to Phalomir, for each step was carefully placed and balanced as to not joggle Jharmeen more than necessary. At last the party emerged from the woods and into the clearing where the old TIE sat. K’khil was standing in anticipation, and Phalomir saw his friend’s mandibles twitch. Perhaps it was from concern, or from the sight of the strange party, but the Ewoks echoed their own wonder as they saw the ship for the first time.

Sounds of astonishment and hushed whispers came from the group of furry warriors, but Phalomir paid them little heed. He, like Aelvedaar, was focused on delivering Jharmeen safely to the ship.

When she was safely aboard in a makeshift bed that K’khil had managed to construct in that short time, Phalomir placed a hand on the verpine’s shoulder area.

“Bespin, then” he said. “Good luck to you, and we will look forward to seeing you again soon. Did you find a communication device?”

--------------------

From the days of past futures I come, make ready for the storm.

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Wakti

Broken Back Button

Member # 940

posted 11-07-2008 08:58 PM     Profile for Wakti   Author's Homepage   Email Wakti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watki scowled at his hunters, for although the sight of such a giant insect was indeed strange, his warriors should have been better trained than to show such signs of weakness.

But even could not help but let out a distinctive “ooooooo” at the sight of the sleek, black metal beast sitting behind the insect. Whispers came from around and behind him, and his warriors were all held in as much astonishment as Watki himself.

He marveled for a few moments as the demons loaded the female onto the black shiny thing. What had the legends called this… stir-chip? Not quite, but it was came to mind. The legend of Cindel the human child had been told for many generations, how the golden-furred human had came to the Ewok world with her brother, lost in the forest. Her family had been killed in a stir-chip crash, and the story tells of how she and her brother lived with Wicket, the greatest of the chiefs, when he was but a pup. Further legends tell of her involvement with the triumph over the evil ones, but what Watki remembered most clearly was the tale of the stir-chip.

But for now he watched and waited, telling his warriors to keep still. When the demons were finished, he would approach them.

--------------------

Wermo!

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Dec 2007  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
K'kihl

Member # 153

posted 11-11-2008 08:44 AM     Profile for K'kihl   Author's Homepage   Email K'kihl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Verpine cocked his head to one side, chattering his mandibles in the equivalent of a human shrug. For as much of an engineering miracle worker as he was, even he could do only so much with the materials given to him.

"No," he finally stated. "Such a device, cannot I manufacture. Cannibalize ship's communications did I, you to seek out. Repair, easy this is.

"But personal--?"

He merely let the words stretch out into a self-answered query before turning about and entering the ship. Halfway in he paused, turning about to face the pair of Sith and their furry companions.

"Hasten shall I, to broadcast upon return."

Giving a definitive nod he disappeared into the TIE fighter, letting the hatch close behind him. The roar of launching thrusters soon forced those on the ground to seek safer footing, and once they were outside the perimeter of the tiny craft's powerful engines the Verpine took to the sky.

In moments the ship was but a tiny speck, which then disappeared altogether.

((OOC: K'kihl and Graysith "fade away" from this thread for the moment as he takes her to Bespin. Unless another thread is started by someone, we shall assume he arrives safely and finds medical attention for her. In this case he shall return when the time is appropriate; otherwise their new thread shall be entered here, thank you.))

--------------------

Somewhere in this Universe, a hydrospanner for me there is...

Posts: 138 | From: | Registered: Feb 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 11-12-2008 05:25 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I crane my head back, lifting a hand to shade my eyes as I watch the TIE fighter reduce in size with distance. Long before it becomes too small to see it moves from my field of view, eclipsed by the canopy of the towering trees that surround us.

I let my hand drop with a small sigh.

"And now what, my Brother?" I ask as, lifting that hand once again, I indicate the forested moon in general with one sweeping gesture.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 02-09-2009 09:15 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir stood silently next to Aelvedaar, his eyes still trained on the bright sky that now showed no sign that his love had flown from this world and into the cold depths of space. There was nothing he could for her now but hope to the gods that K’kihl could reach Bespin quickly, and that they could stabilize and heal Jharmeen. He had never felt so helpless.

It was not a feeling he enjoyed, nor did he welcome it.

“Now we find our own way off of this moon,” he said, turning to Aelvedaar. “If the apparent loss of powers we experienced has also somehow effected the Sith worlds, they will need us there. From there we can send our human friends to find K’kihl and Jharmeen.”

Phalomir turned his head to regard the band of Ewoks still staring from the forest’s edge.

“These Ewoks have a great deal of intelligence. If we can somehow communicate with them without provoking them into attacking, perhaps they know something that could lead us to the old base that Jharmeen spoke of. This world was apparently used by two different powers in the past, and it could be that there is a communication link still in existence. The brave dark one is apparently their leader, and it seems to like you much more than it likes me. Perhaps you could use your Dark Lord charm and make us a new friend?”

[ 02-09-2009 09:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Phalomir ]

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 02-09-2009 10:12 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A slight chuckle tugs my lips into something of a smile; I let it take control of my face and run with it. Trying not to reveal my fangs, however, lest the flighty little furry being mistake the gesture as one of hostility, I approach it and squat down to be on its level.

"Thank you for your assistance," I grate out in rusty Basic, hoping the Ewok will understand. It did have a manner of speech, after all; perhaps it will recognize what I am trying to say and assist us.

"We need to speak--" I place two clawed fingers against my lips, then finish the sentence by speaking around them, "--with our people."

With this I point first to Phalomir, then to myself, and finally up to the break in the canopy overhead, letting my eyes follow the gesture, making it one of trying to reach out to something, or to someone.

"Perhaps you can help us?"

With this I reach out to the dark colored Ewok, palms up, then cross them over my heart. After a moment or two has passed I indicate my Brother with the fluid gesture of one hand, myself with another. My little mime comes to a close as I finally let my hands drop down loosely in front of myself, and clasp them together. Saying nothing further I merely wait to see if the little creature has understood me or not.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Wakti

Broken Back Button

Member # 940

posted 02-18-2009 09:51 PM     Profile for Wakti   Author's Homepage   Email Wakti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wakti tilted his head as he watched the large red human-like tall horned thing before him. It was gesturing wildly, making strange faces and hand signals…

Signals? Wait… was it trying to say something? It seemed to be making sounds, like the other demon. It seemed to be using the same grunts and moans, very similar to the hooman female.

Well, there was only one Ewok in the whole seven tribes who could understand this loony speech…

Wakti belted out orders to his warriors and they lined up in formation around the two demons and within an hour they were all standing before the grand and glorious Eensha, who was now regarding the red demons that Wakti had brought before her.

She looked to the smaller, stag-horned demon, who looked more inviting.

“Wakti say you speak hooman,” she said. “You know female, Jhar-mee?”

--------------------

Wermo!

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Dec 2007  |  Logged: 173.21.223.0
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-09-2009 10:49 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a moment I merely lock eyes with this small one, quietly assessing it. Admittedly, it pains me that I must consider it such, as an "it" rather than correctly by gender, for I realize that thinking of an intelligent being in such a manner quite often produces subtle alterations of thoughts about its capabilities. And although this one speaks a somewhat primitive sounding form of Basic, I cannot but help think it is indeed quite intelligent.

I know very little of these furry denizens. I wish I could determine whether this one is male or female.

"Yes," I reply at length, clasping my hands together in the folds of my ragged sleeves and, placing them against my midriff, bowing respectively to it.

"I know Jharmeen. My Brother and I have sent her off-world to be healed, for she has been grievously injured. Now we too are seeking a means of leaving your planet.

"Can you assist us?"

I quiet, ignoring the slight snort I fancy I hear coming from Phalomir's lips. Undoubtedly that great warrior feels I am speaking over the heads of these diminutive beings, but there is something about the demeanor of this one, this one who is held in obviously high regard by the others, which leads me to believe it understands far more than many beings might expect.

[ 03-09-2009 10:51 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Wakti

Broken Back Button

Member # 940

posted 03-18-2009 09:45 PM     Profile for Wakti   Author's Homepage   Email Wakti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Ewoks standing to the side chattered and cooed as they listened to the silky voice of the Dark Lord. The elder Ewok turned her head towards them and hissed sharply, bringing an instant silence to the clearing. After a moment she sat back in her wicker seat and regarded the two impressive red beings before her.

“Why you not go with Jar-mee? Why she leave you here in forest? She no like you?”

--------------------

Wermo!

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Dec 2007  |  Logged: 208.126.23.181
Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 03-18-2009 09:57 PM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir’s dry smile turned into a frown. He clenched a fist and stepped forward, breathing deeply but evenly.

“She left with our friend, in a ship that was not large enough for us all,” he said, his deep voice resonating. The Ewoks looked to each other in surprise and caution. Phalomir looked at them, scanning their small furry faces. He came to a stop on Watki.

“This one saw the ship, he knows.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 208.126.23.181
Wakti

Broken Back Button

Member # 940

posted 03-18-2009 10:02 PM     Profile for Wakti   Author's Homepage   Email Wakti     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The elder Ewok nodded after a time, then barked a few words at Watki. His eyes widened and he walked forward to place himself between the Sith and the elder. He then broke into a long, animated tale of the preceding events, bringing gasps and coos from the other Ewoks.

Except for Eensha, who sat there calmly.

“Wakti saw,” she said. “Tell of thing of legend, thing we call tar-chip. The great Cyndil come in tar-chip, she live here with Ewoks many years. Then tar-chip come, Cyndil go. But she come back, long long later. Come in tar-chip, she ask Ewoks to hide tar-chip, and Cyndil stay with Ewoks until she go to forest in sky. Tar-chip stay, is hidden. Take demons to sky?”

--------------------

Wermo!

Posts: 10 | From: | Registered: Dec 2007  |  Logged: 208.126.23.181
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-18-2009 10:24 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cut a short glance toward my fellow Dark Lord, raising a brow in curiousity of this Cyndil of whom the little Ewok is speaking. But this is not the time to make idle conversation; I turn back to the leader and bow my head in careful deference to it.

"Yes," I say simply, raising my face to regard the little one carefully.

"It would please us greatly if you would take us to this tar- er, rather, this star-ship. We need to follow after our friend, Jharmeen, up into the sky."

[ 03-18-2009 10:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 03-22-2009 10:14 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eensha nodded, a glint of understanding in her small, dark eyes. She barked out some gruff words to Watki, whose eyes widened but quickly became resolute. Wakti turned and shouted to his band of warriors and waddled off with them to another hut.

“I tell Watki,” said the elderly Eensha, “I give him… orders. No Ewok see place of Cyndil for many many years, not since Cyndil die. She come back to Ewoks to live as Ewok. I know only of legend, stories of where Cyndil have tar-chip. But I tell Watki, he take you there. You must find.”

Eensha could see the cautious look of hope on the faces of the Dark Lords.

“But you go to place of big danger. Ancient land of warlords, long dead, but warlord beasts still live there. Gone wild, savage. May need fight, demons use spear, Watki give. Watki go, and warriors. Wakti help demons.”

A smile crossed the Ewok’s lips as she spoke the words.

“I know demons of legends. Demons bad, but you not bad. You good, me think. But you red like demons. You have horns of wild beasts, like demons. But me think you not demons. Tell Eensha, then, what are you?”

--------------------

When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 172.163.166.224
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 03-23-2009 09:55 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Once again I bow my head toward the little Ewok.

"We are of the race of the Sith," I reply simply, convinced that an open and honest reply is in order. Then raising my head, I place one hand first on my chest, then extend it toward Lord Phalomir.

"I am Lord Aelvedaar, Dark Lord of the Sorceror clan; my companion here, Lord Phalomir, is Dark Lord of the Armorers, and has claim to that of the Warriors as well. We are extremely grateful for the assistance you are lending us, and wish to repay your kindness. Once we have returned safely to our home worlds and temples, we can easily do so.

"Do your people have any needs, or is there anything we might in turn assist you with once we have regained our places of power within our society?"

[ 03-23-2009 09:56 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 06-08-2009 01:59 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: LOL... ok, so I opened the new thread myself! : ) Please follow Graysith and K'kihl into Event Horizon in the "CSWU" forums, thank you!)

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-12-2009 12:48 AM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All the time when the two beings were carrying on their conversation with Eensha, there were other smaller mumblings between the Ewoks. These all stopped at once, each Ewok now giving their full attention to the two red beings. In all of their long history, the Ewoks incorporated only two foreign words into their own vocabulary, neither of which were spoken in abundance. But in one conversation both had emerged: “tar-chip” and, the one that drew their attention, “Sith”.

It was a tale told from the days of the great chief Wicket, of the great battle that asserted the strength of the warriors against the might of an invading force – a force led by the mysterious Sith.

Eensha knew this story well, and she felt the tension in the air among her fellow Ewoks. But as elder, it was her duty to remain composed and ask the questions that needed to be asked.

“Sith?” she asked purposefully. “We have stories, tellings from great chiefs of war fought in forests. Ewoks fight invaders, name of…”

Eensha paused, searching her aged mind for the word.

“Eempire? Yes yes, Eempire. But it was Sith who led, they told.”

Eensha cocked her head and let her eyes wander up and down Aelvedaar once. Then she asked in a cautious yet inquisitive voice “It was you, Sith, who fight Ewoks?”

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 64.12.116.197
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 06-12-2009 08:48 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An expression of deep pain flashes across my face, for the mysterious slayers of whom this ewok speaks are no stranger to me. I realize then the bond we share, as yet unbeknownst to this small leader. Hopefully that bond will strengthen when she hears the words I now speak.

"No, they were not Sith," I state evenly. I stare directly into her inquisitive eyes.

"They were what we call the Dark Jedi; they came to our worlds and destroyed our race, learning some of our magicks which they then, over the years, used to create a foothold in the Galaxy along with the misuse of our noble name."

I pause a moment, hoping she believes me.

"They are as much my enemy as yours; I remember when they killed--"

Again I pause, debating with myself how much detail this little one needs to know. While I do adhere to the diplomatic policy of open honesty between peoples, in this case I cannot help but wonder if what my people and I went through would be something at all fathomable to the ewoks.

"--my people," I finish smoothly, letting it stand at this for the moment, smoothly altering the pronoun I had been about to use to terms more easily understood by her. At least I believe this to be so.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

patternghost

Ghostly, just ghostly

Member # 477

posted 06-22-2009 09:24 PM     Profile for patternghost   Author's Homepage   Email patternghost     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eensha regarded the two red-skinned beings before her, pondering the words spoken to her. Then she rolled her head to an attending Ewok and whispered a few grunts and clicks. This sprang the little attendant into action and it scrambled into the hut.

“You and Ewoks hurt from Dark Jedi. We know stories of Jedi, but not dark. Great hero – Skywalker. Solo. Great names of legend.”

The Ewok returned with two white objects. These it dropped to the ground between Eensha and the Sith.

“These heads—helments. From Sith. From long days ago, days of Wickett. We use as drums for ceremonies. Wakti know where more hel-ments stay. Wakti take you there. You find great treasures Ewoks not understand, maybe you do.”

Eensha nodded to Watki, who stood to attention, his warriors falling in behind him. He looked to the red giants and held his arm in the air.

“Bok tooee graks!” he called out.

--------------------

Posts: 261 | From: North Liberty, IA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  Logged: 216.51.196.121
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 06-22-2009 09:52 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I shoot a glance at Lord Phalomir, for the moment taking my eyes from the small forms now hastening from the place where we yet stood. At length I allow myself a blink, a slight smile.

"After you, Brother," I say with a wave of my hand toward the little troop who, with a quickness belied by their diminutive stature, soon leaves us. It is quite obvious they intend for us to follow.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Phalomir

Member # 492

posted 07-02-2009 08:24 AM     Profile for Phalomir   Author's Homepage   Email Phalomir     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phalomir chewed slightly on his upper lip and then whirled his frame around to follow the Ewoks.

“When in the dark,” he said as he passed Aelvedaar, “follow the nearest light.”

And on they walked, led by the brave and proud Wakti, into the vast forests of the moon of Endor. Many minutes went by as the trudged through the shaded groves, and although the sun shown brightly overhead it seemed as if twilight had descended at times. Minutes turned to an hour, and after some time it became difficult to track the passage of time.

Large birds flew from branch to branch, and occasionally Phalomir could hear the call of some wild beast as it moved through the woods. Perhaps it was searching for a mate, or perhaps it was calling its brethren to join in a hunt. All that was certain is that the Ewoks were showing no signs of stopping.

Phalomir turned his head to check on Aelvedaar. The Dark Lord was wet with sweat and looking quite worse for wear. Phalomir then realized he himself was feeling the burn of the hike and called out “Water!”

The Ewoks stopped and turned, regarding the Sith with inquisitive stares.

“Water, we both need to rest, and to drink.” Phalomir made a motion with cupped hands to simulate drinking, and one of the Ewoks gasped and ran to them, swinging the bladder of water from its back and handing it to Phalomir. He in turn handed it to Alevedaar and helped the Dark Lord sit gently to the ground. He lowered himself next to Aelvedaar and leaned against a tree.

After a few minutes Phalomir turned his head to Aelvedaar. He wanted to say something, anything, but Phalomir’s thoughts were with Jharmeen.

“So,” he eventually began. “I have not yet felt my powers returning. I do wonder what has blocked them from us. Perhaps if Jharmeen has regained her abilities by moving away from this planet, the she has surely healed herself…. but what if this goes beyond us? Beyond here?”

Phalomir shook his head.

“I am sorry, my brother. My thoughts are often clouded by what I feel. I was much scolded as a boy for this. In fact, I was told many times by my fath--”

He paused, recalling a vivid memory of his father standing over him, lecturing him on how emotions had no place in the heart of a ruler, that a true Dark Lord was a stone. He also recalled arguing back to this man, now the being known as The Master, how a lack of emotion meant the lack of a soul.

“My father was a very cold man,” he said. “Yet his passion for preventing a dark future drove him mad. He sacrificed everything to change the future, to save his race, but in the end I cannot help but think that all he did was bring about something that was predetermined. There is a reason I am here in this time, and why we are here together here now. Something is going happen on this world, I feel it creeping like an insect on my back.”

--------------------

Posts: 863 | From: Urbandale, IA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  Logged: 159.182.1.4
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-07-2009 12:30 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(((OCC: Shayla, ShaRhylla, and Panthar enter from A Creep of Shadow in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forums.)))

Any further discussion was truncated by the chirping of the ship's proximity indicator.

"We're reverting in Endor space," Shayla then said, turning without any further explanation and heading for the cabin to then take control of the Preon's navboard. She piloted them gracefully out of hyperspace and established orbit around the planet easily, as though she and the ship were almost one. As soon as she was certain they were securely in orbit, she programmed the sensors to scan for humanoid lifesigns and sat back for a few moments, knowing the ship would do its work effectively without her manual control. Even so, her curiosity regarding the nature of the teeming life below won out, and she sat forward once again as lifesign data scrolled across the central monitor on the ship's navboard.

Unsurprisingly, the readings were mostly of semi-sentient, primitive species. Shayla's eyes and senses remained glued to the navboard,the readout, and the ship's sensors then. An indeterminate amount of time passed, but she was uncaring as to its passage or to the potential impatience developing in her companions.

For the moment, there was nothing but herself and the ship. And finally, as the readout began registering lifeforms that were recognized as Ewok in npecies by the ship's databases, and anomaly finally surfaced...

...and humanoid life forms registered in the Preon's scopes.

"There," Shayla then said, pointing to the monitor where a map splayed out, a single red blip indicating the area where the humanoid life forms had registered. And, needing no instruction to do so, Shayla began landing procedures, setting herself to the task of finding a viable spot to land the Preon safely before they went on their way.

[ 08-07-2009 12:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 08-07-2009 12:57 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The halfling hovered over Shayla's shoulder, staring at the readouts over which she understood not one whit.

"Can you figure out who is Sith, and who is not?" she queried, squinting as if that alone might induce the scrolling figures into revealing something of sense to her.

"Separate mother from the others, and shoot them. Why risk facing them outright; we can safely dispatch them from the air, and then retieve mother with-- with--"

She paused a moment, chewing on her lip.

"Well-ll... with some story or another as explanation. Perhaps another ship attacked them and us, or something."

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-07-2009 01:08 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shayla frowned in thought. Although the sensors wouldn't get readngs all that specific, she would think it should be picking up human life signs, especially now that they were approaching atmosphere.

And it wasn't.

Shayla's frown darkened further. "The ship won't recognize the Sith lifesigns as anything other than humanoid, but it should pick up on any human lifeforms specifically."

She paused, her frown growing even darker. "We're only picking up two humanoid lifeforms." Shayla trailed a moment. "If the sensors are correct, your mother isn't down there; at least, she isn't with them."

I wonder why not, came a final black thought as she awaited ShaRhylla's reply.

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
ShaRhylla

Dark Rose

Member # 156

posted 08-07-2009 01:17 PM     Profile for ShaRhylla   Author's Homepage   Email ShaRhylla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ShaRhylla smiled blackly.

"All the easier to target the others, wouldn't you say?" she purred silkily back.

--------------------

I Ride the Beast whose outcry is Despair, and whose coat is the color of blood!

Posts: 568 | From: | Registered: Mar 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.116.197

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e