my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Into the Blue... (Page 9)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into the Blue...
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-07-2008 01:48 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"More specifically," I continued, giving Link a smile and a wink, for something was telling me this little gal was not one to be satisfied with generalities. "It's right ascension, according to standard star maps, is dang due south of the galactic core, and way out along the perimeter. Along the Z-axis, it's declination is approximately minus fifty-three degrees. We'll be nipping through a corner of Tatooine and Sullust space getting there.

"Which--" I wiped my lips and rose to my feet. "I should be attending to."

Nodding to Terrin and Link I headed to the door, but paused.

"Ever flown a ship, kid?" I asked over my shoulder, then continued on, letting the question remain dangling in the air to be taken either as it was, or as the invitation it was intended to be. I figured it was up to Link to decide what she wanted to do at this point: follow along, go check on Captain Joao and our mystery man with Terrin, or just sit put and continue scarfing down as much ice cream as her stomach could hold.

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-08-2008 10:55 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link had little experience flying ships, usually she hot wired it and the client flew it away. Getting up to follow Galen she left her half eaten bowl of ice cream on the table and follow in her wake. Besides Yaoksi probably needed the rest after all he went through recently.

Following in Galen's wake they arrived on the bridge where Galen took her station and Link watched her go to work at her station. Galen's hand flew artfully across the controls mezmorising Link with the control she had. Link was able to slice almost anything and could read a map but the skill Galen had at manipulating the vessel was almost if not instinctual.

So this is must what it looks like when I slice something... Is like an extension of her own body.

"Galen?" Link asked. "What we talked about earlier... in the med bay... can you not tell Yaoksi about it?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 213.255.230.133
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-08-2008 12:40 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I paused fractionally, one corner of my mouth lifting in a grin.

"Tell him what?" I replied innocently before returning to the control panel. After a few more minutes of manipulation I hit a final switch, and sat back.

"There we go, seven point two standard hours to Dagobah, with nothing in between but time to relax."

Now I patted the co-pilot's seat, and shifted a little sideways.

"Anything in particular suit your fancy in the meantime?" I asked.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 07-08-2008 04:16 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After cleaning up a bit in the galley, Terrin headed aft to check on Kyan, only to find him still sleeping. All and all, the guy really hadn't been out that long, and Terrin figured he needed the rest and would come around later. So, leaving the man be, he headed back to the medbay to check on Yaoksi.

Who was half-propped on the bulkhead and half-crumpled on the small stool he was sitting on, snoring away although still managing to maintain a protective enough looking aura, his hands all bandaged. Terrin winced a bit at the totally uncomfortable position he was in.

He was already going to be sore enough from his injuries without adding a stiff neck and strained body from a strange sleeping position when he woke up, Terrin thought, shaking his head a bit. Stepping into the medbay then, Terrin approached the sleeping man.

"Hey pal, I'm gonna try and make you a bit more comfortable than that," he said softly before carefully sliding Yaoksi onto the medbed recently vacated by Link.

Yaoksi garbled something or other as Terrin got him settled and then took a seat in the stool himself, hoping he hadn't disturbed Yaoksi's sleep too much. Folding one arm across his chest to then support elbow so he could put his chin in his other hand, Terrin leansed against the bulkhead, his look turning thoughtful. He couldn't get the planet they had just left out of his head.

"How the kriffing hell did you guys all end up on that dustball back there anyway?" he muttered, not even realizing he'd said anything aloud at all.

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-08-2008 10:45 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A sigh of relief rolled over Link, for some secrets about her life she wasn't ready to share with Yaoksi. Who knew what that would do to him, or how it would change how he treated her. Link took her place beside Galen in the co-pilot's chair just sitting there silently. It was then she noticed how poor her clothing had fared under recent events. Her vest was torn to shreds, her pants and shirt sported any holes and rips. Not to mention the countless dirt stains and what appeared to be blood in one place. With her boots it was a miracle in itself how they survived seemingly unscathed.

Slightly embarrassed at the idea of appearing to be a homeless beggar Link looked down and away from Galen. Then slowly faced her and for one did not see the expression of condemnation or disgust.

"All I really know how to do is slicing," answered Link. "And lie, and steal, and I can handle a blaster, right now I can't do any of those things like this."

Link stared down at the space her arm use to occupied then refocused on Galen.

"What did you do when you where 14?" asked Link.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-08-2008 11:14 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When I was 14...

The ship around me immediately disappeared, segueing into an image of home, me and Jharmeen and Dad, all outside while he pointed out this star or that system to our wondering eyes. Or, to be more precise, to my wondering eyes; admittedly Sissypoops wasn't that much into learning, but was more of the "dying swan" type.

Me, I gobbled up everything our astronomer and professor father could toss at me.

When I was 14...

I was learning about the stars. I was already piloting our family yacht, taking Dad hither and yon about the galaxy on this sabbatical or that, as he endlessly hunted for everything and anything remotely having to do with the Sith. During planetfalls Dad would enroll me in whatever martial arts school happened to be in whatever city we found ourselves, offering me the chance to strengthen my body along with my wits and my mind.

Jharmeen just sighed along, like some kind of long-lost ghost hunting for its past.
When I was 14...

I blinked, and shifted in my seat.

"When I was fourteen I was learning about the stars, and taking self-defense lessons, and piloting my dad's yacht," I said honestly. "I was all about getting out and about, you know, eager as could be to go with dad and discover new things. He was an astronomer and a professor," I finished before settling back in my seat. I raised a knee, propping my foot on the edge of the seat, and hugged my leg to my chest.

"If there's one thing that he taught me, it's that one never stops learning. The more I know, the more I realize the less that I know."

I laid my cheek against the upraised knee, and stared at the little Ryn. Suddenly her bedraggled appearance and her brief explanation clicked in my head; I pursed my lips.

What a life this one has led. So unfair, and simply because she's a Ryn.

"So you're 14," I finally said, nodding a little. "Well, even when I was busy learning how to break an opponent's knee or maneuver a ship through an asteroid field, I never let this turn me into a tomboy. Hell's Seven Circles no; far more impressive to let others know a fem can run circles around most males!"

I leaned toward Link, my eyes now twinkling.

"Don't let Terrin know I said that, 'kay?" Then I sobered.

"Speaking of all things fem, you look like you could use the 'fresher yourself. I mean, as I said, just because you and I have our special talents that run circles around the guys, doesn't mean we can't keep ourselves all primped and purty, right? I bet we can dig up something for the both of us to knock the socks off the guys; you'd be surprised what I always manage to have on hand."

Like a particular dress of midnight velvet, chased with silver Krayt dragon pearls, that I last had aboard Eagle I. While nothing of such elegance was on this ship, I was certain there was something other than a standard flightsuit hanging about that Link and I might indulge ourselves in.

I rose to my feet and headed back aft.

"Interested?" I asked, slowing my steps to let Link catch up with me if she wished to do so.

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 07-08-2008 11:21 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I cracked an eye and peered blearily at Captain Danner.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

The words mumbled from my mouth before segueing into a yawn, one accompanied by arm and leg stretching, and ending in an involuntary yelp. Even though I had awakened to find myself laying on my back, my body was strenuously reminding me that I hadn't spent most of my time sleeping in that position. I grimaced and managed to sit up, twisting from side to side at the waist trying to get the kinks out.

You're getting old, ya ol' pirate--!

Then I sat up.

"I was in some kind of weird place that Phalomir called the Elseness. Lady Graysith had sent us there from K'eel Doba, ummm, maybe by mistake? I dunno... Anyway, I got there with that Sith Lord Thoran; I met him onboard Hornett in the Red Level lounge... we were going to K'eel Doba but it was blockaded, so Lord Thoran said he could get us there through some place called the 'Darker Realms,' which we did eventually, but at the cost of my poor ship--"

I stopped, a lump in my throat as the image of my poor baby swam up before my eyes.

"--Anyway, like I said Lady Graysith was sending us to Dagobah to help find the Jedi, Shawn; yeah, we went to her for help, but she must have mistaken what we said or something because we ended up in that weird place with Phalomir's temple. So we were heading toward that temple there, and I had Link with me, and we were riding those tostada thingys, and then we were walking through dark, empty corridors, and there was this blue light, and-- and--"

I stopped again, grimacing again as I scratched the back of my neck. This time the expression wasn't a product of muscular malaise, but the realization that Terrin was probably finding all this somewhat on the unbelievable side.

"Anyway, I touched the light, and the next thing I knew was that Link and I were sitting on what looked to be tundra, close to an ancient crashed ship."

[ 07-08-2008 11:40 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-08-2008 11:57 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin cocked his head slightly at Yaoksi. "You might be surprised," he responded then, quirking a brow. "I believe every word of it."

Falling silent for a moment then, his blue eyes defocused for the barest of moments before snapping alert again. "As for the Jedi--Shawn--he's safe now, as is Erik Kartan, Stargazer's husband. We rescued them off Degobah. And as for the tostada things...

...I think you mean a tuk'ata. I haven't had..." He trailed a moment, his eyes growing vague for a moment again, "...the best of experience with them. And I'm very well aquainted with the place known as the Darker Realms. And trust me, you wouldn't believe me on how that is, either."

Falling silent, Terrin's baby blues grew deep and distant for a few long moments before they finally snapped alert once more.

"You said something about some sort of ancient ship back on that world?" he queried then, at first seeminglky changing the subject. "What sort of ship? And maybe, while we talk a bit more about this, a good stretch towards the galley for some drink and grub will get out some of your kinks," he added then. "Galen and Link are in the cabin, getting aquantained."

Terrin stood, motioning towards the galley then. "I'm assuming you're hungry, of course...

...and I think we might have some more to talk about, becuase it sounds like you know something more about the experiences Galen and I have had since we parted ways then either of us expected."

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1186 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 76.122.52.178
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-09-2008 12:06 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded in turn, more than glad to turn my attention from the weird and nearly profane to things of a more mundane nature.

Like food.

"Sounds good to me," I agreed, swinging my legs around and managing to hop off the bunk without pulling anything important. After placing a hand in the small of my back and arching backward, successfully removing a small crick in the process, I shook out my shoulders and headed for the door. As we moved along the gangway my mind whirled with what Terrin had just disclosed.

So... I'm not the only one who's experienced the unbelievable, I thought, chewing on my lip. Not knowing how to broach this subject, though, I merely replied with something a bit "safer" in context.

"I'm glad the Jedi is ok," I said, grimacing again for how superficial the words sounded in my ears.

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-09-2008 12:19 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin nodded as he walked along quietly for a moment. "Yeah, well, Shawn's a good guy. Even though Jasyn, if he were here, would point out that we don't need any stinkin' Jedi that we have to go saving ourselves."

As they entered the galley, Terrin motioned for Yaoksi to have a seat. "So you encountered Graysith, Phalomir, and Thoran...

...and apparently also met my partner Aaron Barnes in the process, which is how we came to know you were lost to begin with. Of course, we only found you once Shayla read some star charts from Khar Delba and found three potential locations for you..."

He trailed, knowing how complicated this was all starting to sound. "And I would really like to know about the ancient ship that was back there." He paused, turning towards the refrigeration and counter. "We've got some nerfburgers here, and steak too," he then indicated. "So, what to drink...caf, or something with a little more punch?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-09-2008 12:25 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"As punchy as you've got!"

The words flowed from my lips like the liquor I looked forward to.

"And as for the ship... ask the guy you found with us. I think he was on it; at least he said his ship crashed on that rock you found us on. Although where all the other passengers were, or at least their remains is beyond my guess."

I stopped a moment as another discrepency I'd not noticed before made itself known.

"As is that ship, actually. It sure was buried deep in the rock, not like it had crashed but more like what soil there was had developed around it. Unless I'm mistaken about what ship he was talking about."

I let any further conversation die as anticipation began to swell within me. For now that I'd gotten blessed sleep of rejuvenation, I was hungry as the proverbial ronto, and food and something strong to drink was just the ticket to suit me.

[ 07-09-2008 12:26 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-09-2008 12:46 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin heated a nerfburger up and went digging through the refrigeration station to find something good to drink. Finding some Whyrene's Reserve, Terrin turned back towards the galley table and handed one to Yaoksi along with a mug before pouring a bit in his own mug and having a seat.

He took a sip then, frowning. "I can't say I'm too thrilled with the discrepancies...

...or the fact that planet was back there at all, with Vong wweapons growing on it no less," he admitted, not wanting to go further along that line of thought yet in order to give Yaoksi some time to sit back and relax.

"So what have you been up to since we parted ways, and how'd you end up with Aaron?"

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-09-2008 09:18 AM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Ok..." Link answered as she jumped off the chair to follow Galen. "I don't know for sure if I'm 14, I was abandoned on Corellia and somehow ended up on the Smugglers Run and lived there for about 8 years I think."

Somehow I always knew there was no future for me there so I learned all about slicing so I could leave and start a life for myself. That didn't end to well.

"Then for 4 years or so I..." Link hesitantly continued. "I was stuck in a nightmare, it has only been for the past two years I have been able to do what I wanted."

The average girl my age must still be in school worried about her grades, not how to quick draw a blaster or run from cops. Come to think of it outside of my slicing I don't even know who I am or what I want to do.

"I wouldn't even know where to begin with how did you say it 'knock the socks off the guys'," Link answered. "I've always tired to attract the least amount of attention as possible and besides most people find Ryns repulsive."

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-19-2008 12:22 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot Link another wide grin; I knew there was something about her that I really liked. Like me, she wasn't anything remotely able to be described as "floofy and pink," but just because she wasn't didn't necessarily mean that she couldn't be.

And wasn't scornful of trying, either.

"Hmm..." I replied, cocking my head to one side. "I think we can do something here."

With that I led my little companion to the small but private quarters which Terrin and I shared. Once there I headed to the far bulkhead, into which was built several drawers. An inset portion above the top drawer served somewhat as a dresser top, and hanging above this was a small mirror. I directed Link to our private 'fresher -- one with real running water, mind you, and didn't even bother to suggest she be frugal.

Hell's Seven Circles, we'll be back on Hornett soon enough; let her use my rationed shower water!

As for me, I drew out a container of waterless cleaner, and after removing everything but what I was born with proceeded to cleanse myself thoroughly. Once finished, I rummaged about the few items the drawers held, finally deciding upon a pair of softly flowing, gold-laced deep green trousers, am equally flowing matching sleeveless tunic, and a wide gold sash. I finished my ensemble with the only thing I had handy: a pair of gold nerfhide slippers. No heels for me!

A dab of color on my cheeks and lips, a touch of perfume to my throat, and I turned back to the drawers. Now my perusal wasn't as casual as before; I wanted to find just the right thing for Link to don. At length I settled on another flowing sleeveless tunic, this one a rich midnight blue dotted with an occasional moonstone, and sashed with a slender, silver cord. On me it would reach mid-thigh; on Link, it would make a charming dress, especially considering that the cord was long enough to not only wrap about her waist several times, but criss-cross up in front to tie behind her neck.

I didn't have any shoes to fit her, but thought to myself that going bare-footed would lend an air of the fey about her, once she was cleaned and brushed and combed properly. Laying the tunic and cord on my bunk, and making sure all the toiletries she would need were obviously handy for her use, I moved to the tiny viewport in the adjoining bulkhead and stared mistily out at the blaze of hyper-driven stars.

[ 07-19-2008 12:45 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-19-2008 11:08 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
What have I been up to...

I took a sip of my drink, leaned back, let my head fall back against the top of my chair and studied the ceiling as if seeking words of explanation written there.

Oh, just gadded about through Hell and back, popped into this portal and that, slipped into some other weird dimension, watched something akin to what some cultures called "a vampire" as he and two other weirdoes paraded around on the hull of my ship, said ship then being damaged in an explosion at the port she was berthed in on Sullust before finally being wrecked in the aforementioned Hell, crept through stange corridors in ancient ruins, rode upon the back of fearsome tomatoes, and through it all tried my best to take care of Thea but only succeeded in getting her into deeper waters than she had ever tread...

I sighed, pinched my lips together a moment. Then after taking a fortifying, if rather generous, drink, I proceeded to relate the strange adventures I'd been through since departing from Hornett so long ago...

"...and that's how Link came to join me," I finished as I raised my empty glass to my lips. I stared back with reproach; ignoring it I held it out silently for a refill.

[ 07-19-2008 11:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-20-2008 12:11 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin obliged Yaoksi with a quick refill, giving himself one at the same time. Taking a sip then, he pursed his lips thoughtfully. "Sounds like you've been through quite alot," Terrin commented then, hoping that he didn't sound like he was being trite.

Far from it, actually.

"Believe me, helping you out of this situation doesn't even go far enough in repaying all that I feel we owe you," he admitted then. "You were there in a very rough patch."

Pausing then, he took another drink, frowning a bit in thought. "When we get to the Hornett, I'll be glad to make sure you get all that you need and make certain little Thea gets the best care."

He trailed for a moment then. "What is with all these big and baddies, hurting kids like they do?" Quieting again, his eyes defoucused for a moment, then he shook himself from his thoughts, turning his blue eyes to Yaoksi. "Look, I know the timing isn't the best, and you probably want to scram as far from us as possible after all the things that have happened to you...

...but something is going down, something on a grand spectrum and involving the Vong, so we need all the help we can get. That is, if you're willing."

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-20-2008 10:59 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
He wasn't kidding about the scramming part, but where the hell was I supposed to go now? My little living cubicle and ho-hum "real" job on Sullust suddenly didn't have the appeal it had when I had Thea to factor into the equation. Until she was up and skipping about I just couldn't bring myself to get that far removed from those who were giving her the medical care she needed.

And do what with yourself, ya ol' pirate... not to mention, how?

I gave Captain Danner a studied look. Yeah, I knew him... but really, more as an acquaintance. You know, like one of the Big Boys hanging in the background of some immense corporation one would deal with for whatever purpose. On the see-saw of "who owed who what," I didn't know where I stood... but I did know that until I ran into this particular group, I had a life of my own.

Not to mention Devil-May-Care.

A stab of pain flicked across my features, which I quickly hid by taking another long drink. Then I set my glass down on the table again.

"I'm fairly good with a blaster, yeah," I began cautiously. "But I'm hotter n' the Dune Sea with a ship. Which I happen not to have anymore. So in exchange for one, perhaps--"

I let the statement drag into silence, quirked a brow toward the Captain, and slowly lifted my glass to my lips. There was also Link to consider, but I had a feeling that little gal would more than likely go with the flow more flexibly than it seemed I was capable of doing right at the moment. I kept my big yap shut regarding her, and shot down another drink instead.

[ 07-20-2008 11:34 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-20-2008 03:02 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link didn't object to the suggestion of using the fresher to clean herself up that Galen provided. Looking over the items laid out for her by Galen she grabbed what look most fur friendly and headed inside the fresher. Shedding her garments or more accurately watching them fall apart as she tried to remove them. Taking the now disintegrated clothes she had Link deposited them in a small refuse bin she found. Activating the fresher Link stepped inside and just stood there under the flow of water for what felt like an eternity doing nothing but enjoy the feeling of water running down her fur. Realizing her moment was over she grabbed the shampoo she picked out earlier and started scrubbing it into her fur, it took quite a while to cover all her fur even with two arms but with one the time was almost triple the norm. She tried through all of this to avoid looking at the vacant place at her side, she knew it would get replaced when they got to the Hornett but even the site of her missing arm disturbed her.

Satisfied that she thoroughly cleaned all of her fur Link deactivated the fresher and proceeded to dry every inch of fur she had. Finished with the task of drying her fur she noted to herself how she couldn't remember the last time her fur had appeared so white, like freshly polished stormtrooper armor. Usually it was some off shade of white that had a gray or brown tint to it, but now it was pure white. Finding the cloths left out for her Link slipped into the tunic but upon trying to don the sash left out for her she had extreme difficulty with it and some how managed to tangle herself in it. The design of the dress hindered her from using her tail, which not only could be used as an appendage but also facilitated in helping Link keep her balance.

Being tangled in the silver sash and with an impaired sense of balance Link lost her footing and tumbled to the ground a few feet behind where Galen was staring out the view port. Out of the corner of her eye Link caught a slight chuckle escape Galen, about to protest Link stopped herself when she thought about the mental image as well. A one armed ryn wearing a dress tangled up in a sash sprawled out on the floor. Link laughed to herself at the image and using her remaining arm manage to push herself off the ground and up to a standing position.

"I really suck at this don't I?" Link commented. "How do you move in this thing?"

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 205.110.156.21
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-21-2008 11:09 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a nanosecond I was horrified at my own indelicacy; here I had tried to put out something Link could find herself beautiful in, and all I did was remind her of how she viewed herself yet. But her returning chuckle set my initial rise of guilt-ridden indiscretion to rest, and I smiled back.

"With the same natural grace you're born with, silly," I replied, then heading to my drawers once again. A quick poke about, and I turned back to her, a pair of nail scissors in hand. I approached Link, assisted her from the deck and gently untangled her from the cord. When she was clear, I set the cord aside, directed her to turn around, and then proceeded to cut a slit up the back side of the tunic so her tail would be freed--

Dammitall anyway! HOW could I have forgotten she had a tail? Because I was quite naturally saw her as who she was inside, as a person, and not simply what she was, perhaps?

--which luckily did not cut through any moonstones. Those adorned the front of the tunic, not the back. Finished, I laid the scissors down and took up the silver cord once more. A few deft turns about her waist, a criss-cross coming up her torso, a quick tie into a casually bowed knot, and she was attired. Then I guided her to the little mirror.

"Can you see it? I do," I said as I presented her to herself. Then I stepped back, just to see what her reaction would be.

[ 07-21-2008 11:14 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 12.216.73.228
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-21-2008 02:04 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin smiled a bit, taking a sip then of his drink before responding. "I can set you up with a new ship," he said. "Of course, she won't be your Devil-May-Care, and I'm familiar with the attachment a spacer can have with his ship. I'm sure you have a sentimental spot for her."

He paused, motioning a bit about himself to indicate Eagle II. "This ship and her predecessor don't hold a candle to the Zz'Shq, either."

Trailing, Terrin scowled a bit, recalling just how he had lost that particular ship and mentally kicking himself for it. He wondered what Actar had done with her, although her rather unique Force shield wouldn't do a lick of good at the moment.

And sitting here and mulling over business when you've actually got time to do something else isn't going to do a lick of good, either! a shoulder devil suddeny snorted.

With a start, Terrin realized that's precisely what he'd been doing. "You know," he said then, looking at Yaoksi, "Maybe we ought to leave the rest of this for when we get to Hornett," he said shrugging. "It's a good time to sit back and relax, and Fates know that if Matt and Jasyn were around they'd already have found a deck of sabaac cards and played at least a dozen rounds." Terrin paused, chuckling a bit. "Not to mention we'd probably be completely out of drink by now."

He cocked a brow Yaoksi's way. "I don't suppose you'd be up for a hand or two?"

[ 07-21-2008 02:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-21-2008 04:01 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Link stared at the mirror in shock of what she saw, all the things she had from which she defined herself were absent from the image before her. She carried no blaster, no slicing equipment, and didn't look like she ran a marathon to escape from the authorities. The reflection didn't show any of the things she saw herself as, only the beautiful image of a 14 year old girl. Years ago when she was a slave her masters would wear clothing like the one Link wore, she would often think that she would never be able to do the same. But yet there it was the image of her standing their looking beautiful.

"Is that me?" Link asked. "I never thought a ryn could ever look like this."

Link turned around and ran to Galen embracing her with with her arm and tail.

"Thank you."

Releasing her hold on Galen, Link took a few steps back.

"Can we show Yaoksi, I want to see what he does when he see us."

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 205.110.156.21
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 07-21-2008 06:35 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I returned the embrace wholeheartedly before letting Link step back and away from me.

"You clean up nice, kiddo!" I then said brightly, just so the moment wouldn't entirely dissolve into mush.

"Shall we?"

With that I turned and departed, Link moving right alongside of me. First stop was the medical bay, which showed us... nothing. I turned to the query I saw rising in my companion's eyes and said,

"There can only be one place..."

Grinning, I placed a light hand on Link's back, just a simple kind of sharing contact, not intended to be pushy or guiding or anything of the sort. The touch remaining like a feather I moved on down the corridor, then came to a pause at the hatch leading to the galley.

"Like a lady, kiddo; watch me. Remember, this isn't really me either; if I can do it, so can you!"

I gave her a wink, opened the door, and reaching up a casual hand to brush aside a particular strand of hair from my face, in just as casual a manner, mind you, I sashayed into the galley to find Terrin absorbed in a friendly game of sabaac with Captain Joao.

[ 07-21-2008 06:44 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 07-21-2008 07:37 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The sabaac face Terrin had been striving to maintain splat into Hutt slime as Galen approached. The Look he directed her way then was anything but unreadable. Somehow he managed to keep his jaw from hitting the table.

Well, at least mostly.

His blue eyes met her dark browns. She batted her lashes at him, and any chance for intelligent speech flew to the wind as well. "You look beautiful," he finally got out, then fell silent, his eyes only for her at that particular moment in time.

--------------------

~~Galen

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 07-21-2008 07:46 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Huh?!"

The apparent non sequiteur from Terrin yanked my attention from my cards. But explanation was clearly provided when I saw the moony look that was smeared all over his face.

I turned in my seat, then dropped my cards. Before me was his wife, looking the absolute farthest from anything I expected, and standing beside her was--

"Link?" I said stupidly. For a moment time stood still; I broke it with a whistle.

"You both truly do belong among the stars."

A kick connecting with my ankle under the table reminded me just how corny that line really sounded. But I couldn't help it.

Because I meant every word of it.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 07-23-2008 03:05 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Knock their socks off was right.

Link smiled at the state of shock Yaoksi and Terrin where in, she now understood why people wore things like this. Link walked right up to Yaoksi placing her one hand on her hip and softly ran her tail down the side of his face.

"Don't expect this to be a daily routine." Link playfully answered.

Yaoksi almost took an involentary jump back in his chair in what Link thought was in shock and hopefully not repulsion. Link let out a slight laugh fully enjoying the effect her appearence was having on Yaoksi.

I'll have to do this more often, I can see why my masters enjoyed this so much.

Before Yaoksi could object Link continued on.

"I'm only having a bit of fun," Link explained. "My other cloths took a turn for the worse so Galen provided me with these..."

Link then noticed the bandages covering Yaoksi's hands, she took a step foward and grabbed onto his wrist so she could bring it closer for investigation.

"Ohh my... how the.. Yaoksi what happened to your hands?"

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 205.110.157.251

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e