my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Into the Blue... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Into the Blue...
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 09-14-2007 10:49 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The galaxy must have become a very untrusting place in the last 25 years. The word of a jedi use to be as valuable as any currency in most places. What times we live in now days.

It was late and in the morning we had work to do. I have to see for myself the about what these two have said about the jedi. I felt safe enough with these two and confident that they wouldn't do anything during the night, even if they aren't convinced I'm a jedi they should be convinced I'm a Mandalorian Warrior.

Something funny came to me, as long as these two thought I was a Mandalorian why not have a little fun with it. I took my helmet and placed it on my head, in addition of hiding my face from them it also kept some of the cold out. I sat up against the ship making it look like I was watching the pair and with my helmet they would have a fun time guessing if I was awake or asleep, let them wonder all night. I may be a jedi and a Mandalorian, but I'm also an old man and get to have fun every once in a while.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 65.184.232.219
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-27-2007 09:54 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After some unknown amount of time I woke up from my slumber feeling very refreshed. I couldn't tell how much time has passed but it did seem a little lighter then before, or I had become more adjusted to this place. It was still cold but my fur kept me warm enough.

I got out of my 'nest' and looked at the two men on either side of me, both where asleep and Yaoksi I knew needed it. I took this opportunity to have a closer examination of the vessel we had found. From the part of the ship that was visible it appeared to be one solid piece of metal, like someone took a block of metal and carved the entire hull out of it making it one piece. I couldn't find any panels, doors, view ports, or controls of any kind on it, although they might be buried.

Seeing as how I could do nothing further until the other where awake I abandoned that project for now. I moved over to Kyan to get a closer view of him, even after all the stories I had heard about the great Boba Fett and the blood thirsty Mandalorians I came to question those notions ever since meeting Kyan. He was like the one honest store owner that you knew as a kid, or in my case the bartender who didn't water down your drinks the drunker you got because you wouldn't notice. Something made me feel at ease around him, like I am with Yaoksi or Thea.

"Kyan," I whispered. "Kyan, can we talk."

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.232.219
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 09-28-2007 11:45 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I was awakened by the whisper of the ryn's voice. Opening my eyes and saw the white furry creature sitting in front of me staring into my visor. Removing my helmet, I set it to the side of me.

"It's Link isn't it?" I asked. "What do you wish to discuss."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 65.184.232.219
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 09-30-2007 10:22 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For the first time I got a good look at Kyan, from what he said earlier he claimed to be around 60 years old but his appearance was that of a man in his 30's with whiter then normal hair. The armor he wore was mostly black, not a glossy black that would seem to be more common but a dark matte black that reflected no light at all. His appearance would have made him appear as the blood thirsty mercenary that I pictured all Mandalorians as, but his face the expression he carried made me reevaluate every thing I thought about them.

"I have a friend, actually its Yaoksi's friend as well," I began. "She was a jedi at the academy before the imperials destroyed it and now doesn't have anyone to teach her. I don't understand this force stuff you use and I'm not even sure If I believe in it."

"But I promised that I would help her, so if we get out of here can you please help my friend become a jedi?"

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 65.184.232.219
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 10-01-2007 10:49 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It both lightened and saddened my heart at the same time hearing the words of Link, at least one jedi had survived the attack these two told me about on the jedi academy. But in my current state how could I teach anyone to use the force when I was cut off from it. Besides the master if any of them where left would surely disapprove, even then my beliefs kept me out of their high council. However when wasn't there a time when I defied their wishes because the force led me to.

I could see that my mind was wandering off because Link looked at me like one stares at a statue.

"Sorry, I was thinking about things," I replied. "I don't know whether or not I can teach your friend the ways of the force or not, its hard to teach someone how to teach someone an ability when one has lost that ability themselves, but when we get out of here I will come with you and see what I can do."

"For now though lets see if we can fix this ship."

I walked over to the place Yaoksi was sleeping and placed my hand on his shoulder gently nudging him.

"Hey get up, it light out or about as light as this place gets."

Yaoksi Joao

Smuggler Extraordinaire and All-Around Good Guy

Member # 126

posted 10-04-2007 02:47 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I jerked awake as an unknown hand yanked me rudely from slumber, snorting and garbling as folks usually do when awakened by something unexpected.

"Wha--?" For a moment I flailed about mentally, trying to put a name to a locale, to remember where I was, how I had come to be there, what had happened. Not to mention who in blazes was making physical contact with me. Then reality descended as I pulled out of that weird not-quite-awake state I had been in, and looked up into the face of a Mandalorian helmet.

"AAUUGGHHH!!"

Before I knew it, I was up on my feet, half crouched, my eyes darting all around me. Then the rest of reality descended, and I remembered everything.

"AAUUGGHHH--ahhh, good morning!" I smiled broadly, segueing the involuntary yell into what I hoped would pass as a sigh of greeting. I sniffed, cut a look around again, found Link, who was sitting there preening her fur, and returned full circle to Mr. Not-Quite-a-Jedi. My focus didn't remain on him long, though; damned if that armor he kept wearing didn't give me a case of the willies.

I puffed out my cheeks, turned away and began studying the ship which hulked over us. Now that the ambient light was brightening, I could see that it was unlike any kind of ship I had ever seen. Tentatively, I reached out a hand to touch it... only to yank back. For the durned thing was not only strangely difficult to look upon, it somehow felt weirdly--

Alive.

I put my hands on my hips, and started circling the thing.

"I dunno about this," I called out as I moved along. "I've not seen anything like this before; if the controls are as alien as the ship itself appears to be, I don't know if I'll be able to fly her.

"And I've flown plenty in my lifetime, believe me, pal."

With that I stopped, having come fully round the ship to where I had started. I sidled closer to Link and stood by her, waiting to see what the mystery man would say or do next.

[ 10-04-2007 02:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

"Hey! It's not my fault!"

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.117.195
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 10-04-2007 09:12 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I've never questioned your piloting knowledge." I replied.

I had suspected that the ship was different from most, I was hoping that the strangeness was just 25 years of technological breakthroughs not something different all together.

"Lets not give up until we see what these controls look like, at the very least once we find a way inside we can use it for shelter."

No hatch, view port, engine, or any typical ship component was visible which lead me to three different theories. One, she ship was very big, which I immediately dismissed because the crater would have been larger. Two, the hatch or the engine where still buried and we didn't have further to dig in any direction to find them. Or three, this ship doesn't follow standard starship principals.

"I could just cut through the hull, but we don't know whats on the other side, or if we could repair it afterwards. Any thoughts?"

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 10-05-2007 03:25 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot the guy a studied look. There's nothing I hated more than someone who immediately took something I said and twisted it around into being somehow accusatory, no matter how seemingly innocent. In my experience, those were usually the kind who ended up thinking more of themselves then others, and who in a pinch simply could not be trusted.

Probably why he's not a jedi, among other things, I reasoned to myself. I squinted at him briefly, determined to keep a close watch on him, but an even closer one on Link and my own back.

"I never suggested that you did question my piloting skills," I finally replied, keeping my voice even.

"All I was saying was that this vessel is utterly alien to me, which makes me speculate that I probably won't be able to pilot it. I mean, if we can't even figure out how to get inside it, how do you think we can figure out anything really tough?

"And no, I don't think we should cut into the hull either."

For the love of--!!!

"I haven't a clue what this ship is made of, so it follows naturally that we won't be able to repair any damage we make. Besides--"

I waved a hand around.

"I don't see any handy-dandy shipyards around here, do you?"

I waited a moment, then scanned the area around us. It was similar to tundra, the kind of environment one would find at high latitudes as well as elevation. While we appeared to be in a kind of depression, undoubtedly made by the impact of this strange ship, there did seem to be rocks and relief in the immediate vicinity. I could only believe we were at somewhat high elevation, wherever in all the universe we were, and was willing to bet that if we would scramble back up the slope we'd fallen down we'd see mountains.

"I suggest we just leave here, and see if we can find anything in the way of civilization. Once we get out of this mountain range we're probably in, who knows what we will find?"

[ 10-05-2007 03:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 10-07-2007 12:24 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I bowed my head for a moment out of frustration then returned my gaze on the pair. Why was he being so difficult, did the jedi or Mandalorians do something to him in the past that sets him off. If I wasn't certain that the force led us both here I would have left a long time ago. My vision shifted over to Link.

"Is he always like this?" I asked.

I didn't give either a chance to respond because the question was more posed to diffuse the tension of our situation.

"I haven't explored much of the surrounding area, so I don't know what we will find. There is sentient life here, however I've never seen them. They managed to pick the ship I traveled on clean while I transfered what I could from it to here. For some reason they avoided this place, and they leave no tracks that I could find."

I looked over what supplies we had, between the three of us we could at least carry all the food, all the other supplies I managed to salvage would hinder us on a hike or was to damaged to be of any use. Yaoksi and Link didn't carry much with them, just their cloths and I knew at least Link had a vibroblade while Yaoksi appeared unarmed.

"Yaoksi can you handle a shoto, its a short lightsaber the blade is only 45cm long?" I asked. "You never know what kind of wildlife we could run into."

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 10-07-2007 11:24 AM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Choosing -- at least for the moment -- to ignore the flippant comment, I pursed my lips, contemplating the question. While I've been known to be a pretty good shot with weapons one aims from a distance, I never was very proficient at in-close fighting. To tell the truth I've not been in many situations where said type of defense was necessary, managing at those times to distance myself and then use more traditional weaponry, if called for.

I shook my head.

"Sorry, but if it's not a blaster I don't want anything to do with it. Too archaic, in my book, not to mention a questionable way to protect oneself. Too close for comfort, if you ask me."

I cast a look around, now lifting my brow.

"What do you have in the way of supplies? At the very least we're going to need water, or something to carry it in should we find some en route."

I couldn't help but cringe inwardly at my use of the pronoun we; it was making me more and more uncomfortable that, lacking a reasonable excuse for Link and I to go on alone, it seemed we were somehow being "forced" into bringing Mr. Almost-a-Jedi along with us. For to tell the truth I really didn't like the idea of linking up with him anyway.

Not at all.

[ 10-07-2007 11:28 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 10-07-2007 11:52 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"I managed to save some emergency rations, its about a weeks worth for a normal person but if properly rationed it could last about 4 days between the three of us, there are a couple of glow rods as well I managed to use some cloth and fibercord to fashion a sort of pack, there might be enough materials to make some more. Here is the issue though."

I pulled from the supplies I had a canteen and tossed it over to Yaoksi. If he had been expecting a full canteen he quickly realized it wasn't one.

"We have only half a canteen of water between the three of us. There are maybe one or two watertight containers that could be used for carrying water if we find any."

"I suppose the only question remains how much knowledge or experience do you have about surviving in the wilderness?"

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 10-16-2007 01:59 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I opened my mouth to make some kind of knee-jerk reply when I paused and thought about it. The fact of the matter was I didn't like this guy because of the way he was taking over here. Well, maybe it wasn't completely that; maybe it was the way Link kept shooting him adoring glances, quick little ones, when she thought he wasn't looking.

She sure is hanging onto every word and move he makes! I grumbled to myself, for that's the way it appeared to me. Then I sighed, realizing further that my fledgling paternal instincts for Thea had simply transferred themselves to the little Ryn, which in turn was maybe making me look at this entire situation in from a somewhat slanted point of view.

Which wasn't going to do much in the way of helping to assure that we ever got out of it.

I sighed, and shook my head.

"I'm better off in the understories on Coruscant," I finally admitted. "And even then, only with a blaster. I'm not a real fighter, but I've managed to survive the places I've happened into which weren't so nice. But now--"

I waved the hand that was holding the canteen, wincing to hear how hollow it sounded.

"A little guidance is in order, I suppose," I finally muttered before affixing the loop on the canteen to my belt. Then I shot another look around.

"Maybe we can find water here, ya think? I mean, yeah there's no trees here, but we seem to be up kinda high. If we go down we have to come to some kind of growth, which would mean water, right?"

I pushed back the horrible possibility that we could be in the Upper Highlands on Tatooine, or on some other completely desert planet and that there just wouldn't be any water.

We've got to find some, and then find somebody to assist us. We just have to...

[ 10-16-2007 01:59 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 10-21-2007 09:06 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I listened to everything Yaoksi had to say while going about my work, I took some of the cloth and fibercord and with it fashioned two crude backpacks. Into each of these I placed some of the food, glow lamps, watertight containers, and salvage that could possible aid us. Shouldering one of the packs I handed the other to Yaoksi.

"There are many kinds of worlds some have water many do not, but even if this is one of those worlds that lack water I do not believe that the force would bring the three of us here to die in such a meaningless manner. The force has already helped us thus far, none of us are injured, we have food, supplies..."

I was drawn the ship before us, for some reason it gleamed in the sunlight differently then before. Approaching the ship I ran my hand across the surface it moved across like the ship was covered in oil, no wait not oil. I brought my had to my face and confirmed my suspicion's.

"The force is with us again, see for your self."

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 10-31-2007 04:36 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I blinked in surprise.

Well, then--!!

"Dew?" I inquired, taking a step closer to investigate this unexpected event.

Yup, sure as shootin' looks like dew to me, which means...

"Ok, that's a good sign," I went on, now drawing back and taking another quick look about myself. "Dew means there's moisture in the atmosphere, and that means there's surface water somewhere around here, if I remember my geography right."

My glance around didn't find anything liquid, however, other than the film which slicked the strange little ship. I drew in a breath, gave my vest a yank.

"Well then, I guess we need to set out and find it, unless you plan on licking that ship." I nodded curtly toward the eerily glistening hull protruding from the rock. Then I took up the few odds and ends that had been tossed my way.

"Shall we?" I finished, this time nodding to Link to let her know I hadn't forgotten about her welfare, even though she seemed to be gravitating more and more to the newcomer. Waving my free hand in the general direction of downslope, I waited for our intrepid almost-a-Jedi to make the first move.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.117.195
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 11-09-2007 10:59 AM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Yes lets be going." I answered, I turned around however and pointed in the other direction toward higher ground. "But in that direction."

"We are in some sort of crater or depression heading down further into it isn't the best course of action, we might be wandering for hours maybe even days before realizing we ran into an impassable situation. Instead we must climb higher to a high point so we can get a good view of our surroundings and gather some reference points."

Reaching down I picked up one last thing, the holo pad I had recovered before then started the trek uphill.

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 75.136.240.242
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 11-22-2007 01:20 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Following Kyan up the slope I fell back a little so I was next to Yaoksi.

"Going uphill we can accomplish two things at once." I whispered. "We can get an idea of the terrain like he said and while we are up there and I can set up a holonet relay. If what he said about his ship was true they would have filed a flight plan, eventually someone is going to realize that the ship never reached its destination and might come looking for it. At the very least in case Aaron and the others manage to find this planet we should be able to comm them."

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 75.136.240.242
Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-13-2007 07:58 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The force must truly have a sense of humor to pair me with these two, even more then when it let a Mandalorian become a Jedi. We must have been reaching the rim of the crater the terrain was getting steeper. Only a few minutes later I emerged from the crater, looking back I saw the others still hiking up the crater about 20 meters behind me giving me plenty of time for a quick look.

The crater we climbed out of was blasted into the side of a mountain about halfway up from appearances. I could only see 200 meters up the mountain before clouds obscured the rest of it from my view. The other direction was an entirely different story. I couldn't tell exactly how high up we where on the mountain if I had to guess it would be be 1km to 2km. From the base of the mountain to about 7km away was nothing but rocky waste land but right after that it drastically changed. There where what appeared to be plants, probably some kind of grass. I had a feeling if I could still had my force connection I would feel something very wrong or weird with this place.

I was so lost in thought that I failed to notice when the two arrived behind me, but when I did they appeared to have the same shock and awe that I had.

"So tell me Yaoksi," I began. "does this seem to be different to you as well."

Posts: 181 | From: Wandering the Galaxy | Registered: Feb 2007  |  Logged: 75.136.240.242
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-27-2007 03:53 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shot a squinty-eyed sidelongs glance at our intrepid jedi-wannabe, and hiked my shirt.

"No different than Hoth, just higher," I snorted. Then before he or the silent Ryn could respond, I stepped boldly forth to negotiate my alpine descent through the altogether too deep snow.

[ 12-27-2007 03:55 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Yaoksi Joao ]

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-27-2007 05:30 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Yaoksi and Kyan started the descent down the mountain while I started my work, I took out my remaining comm link and did a quick scan. I still didn't pick up anything, but judging from the terrain I wouldn't need a relay to pick up most signals any where on the planet.

Making sure everything was good to go I followed after the others, They didn't get far from where we emerged from the crater and the snow impeding their progress a little so catching up took little time.

When I caught up to them I whispered to Yaoksi, "We're set if our friends show up, do we have a backup plan in case they can't find us."

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-27-2007 08:41 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I nodded, grunting a little as my foot slipped into some kind of hole, sending me keeling off at an angle into over-the-knee snow. After much flailing and cursing, I managed to right myself, and paused with hands on thighs while I caught my breath.

"Good," I managed to gasp, wincing with each breath. Damn but the air was cold up here; at least I ought to be grateful that it was at all breathable.

Ahead of me the figure of Kyan marched blithely on, snugly impervious to the elements by virtue of his Mandalorian armor. I cast a briefly envious glance his way, then tugged on my entirely too-thin shirt. Then I motioned for Cel, who looked snug as a bug in her white fur, to continue onward.

"I think we'd better get to lower elevation and somewhere warm before we start worrying about any backup," I replied as I continued the grueling descent.

"Because right now I'm so cold I can't think; all that comes to mind is making a gigantic SOS out of rocks and putting it on the mountainside, but I'd rather expend that kind of energy just getting down from here."

--------------------

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-27-2007 09:20 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I wished there was some way for me to help Yaoksi, unlike me he wasn't born with a layer of fur. And what little gear we carried offered no protection either. Coming aside of Yaoksi I thought of a makeshift plan, moving right next to Yaoksi I wound my tail snuggly around his arm and matched his pace.

"Its not much, but ryn fur has to be warmer then nothing," I said. "When we get out of here whats our next move, we don't exactly have the best of luck."

I was hoping that some conversation would take Yaoksi's mind off of the hike down the mountain. From what experience I have conversation tends to distract the mind from other tasks and makes the time go by faster
hopefully it would help Yaoksi until we could find something or someplace warmer.

--------------------

Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 12-27-2007 09:46 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help but jerk reflexively as something unexpectedly snaked about my arm. But then I realized what it was, and flushed with rising warmth. Truth be told, this was the first actual sign that Link was warming up to me--

Not to mention just WARMING me--!

--and for the merest of seconds I paused, smiling like a sap. She of course didn't stop, and the tightening of her tail as she drew ahead reminded me to get my feet working again. As did the cold, which crept rapidly deep into my bones during that short period of time.

"I dunno, kiddo," I repeated as I began slogging ahead once more. My tail-wrapped arm hugged against my side, sharing the warmth of the fur with at least a portion of my body, while my other arm pumped in an effort to keep the blood flowing rapidly. I knew this was just expending calories I didn't have to spare, but I'd think about that later. Right now--

"It doesn't look like there's any signs of civilization on this rock, does it? But appearances can be deceiving; I remember this time on Talus Fourteen--"

Off I went into a wild and woolly story involving an emergency landing on one of a gas giant's thirty-six moons, one involving a waterfall, a six-legged furry worm, and a voluptuous native woman--

Ok. So let's leave out the part about the woman...

--and what it took to find my way out of those particular straits.

"And the radio was out, and my blaster needed recharging..."

On and on I went, embellishing as I did, letting the words eat up the time and the passing time eat up the meters, bit by bit encroaching upon the terrain below, which a deeper part of my brain was still pondering as to the probability of its offer of any sort of reasonable escape from our plight.

Despite its apparent lack of six-legged worms.

--------------------

Kyan Jetiis'ad

Member # 869

posted 12-27-2007 11:18 PM     Profile for Kyan Jetiis'ad   Author's Homepage   Email Kyan Jetiis'ad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Through my glances back at the pair I observed the ryn's creative use of certain gifts. I kept ahead of them just far enough that they could carry on with their conversation uninterrupted but close enough that if they called out I could answer. As I walked I used my armor to help clear a path for Yaoksi and the ryn to follow. It was hard work clearing the snow tiring for a man in his 60's. The depth of the snow kept dropping the lower we descended and eventually my feet where walking on ground instead of more snow.

Taking this as a sign that a break was in order I removed my helmet to get a breath of unrecycled air while waiting for the others to catch up. We almost reached the base of the mountain from here the terrain changed from snow covered inclines to fields of boulders. Seeing that the other two had caught up to me I sat on one of the large rocks nearby and motioned for them to join me.

"We should rest here for a little while, up ahead the walk should get easier just a field of boulders then it transitions into some kind of grass. Hopefully from there we can find shelter and food, force be willing some sign of civilization."

Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 02-06-2008 06:17 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I listened intently to Yaoksi's story, not only because it was a good distraction but because for once it was information volunteered from him. I had assumed he was the generic get rich smuggler that didn't care about others. But he was more complicated then that and really cared for more then material needs.

I was paying so much attention that I lost track of Kyan, when the next time I noticed him he was resting at the base of the mountain waiting for us, how he moved so fast with that armor and a pack was a mystery unto itself. It took only a few minutes to reach the spot where he was waiting. Instantly we where greeted with his input of the situation.

"Food and shelter maybe, but from what I can tell with my equipment there is no discernible sign of technology being used. At least any technology that I know of. So f we find any civilization I don't know if they have anything that would be of help to us."

--------------------

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 64.232.4.218
Yaoksi Joao

Member # 126

posted 02-16-2008 07:10 PM     Profile for Yaoksi Joao   Author's Homepage   Email Yaoksi Joao     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help the grunt of relief that escaped from me as I plopped my aching body down on the nearest rock. Regaling Link with the story of my escapade on Talus Fourteen had gone a long way toward taking my mind off of our troubles, but it hadn't done diddly squat as far as relieving me from the aches and strains descending such a rugged slope produces. Every inch of my body felt as if it had been horse-whipped; the only part that felt reasonably normal was the place on my arm that the little Ryn's tail had kept warm.

I was so beat that the durned rock felt like a pillow.

But not so much so that it would lull me to sleep; although it felt good to take a load off and rest awhile, hopefully for a good LONG while, I wasn't any too anxious to stay where we were. Boulder fields are far better than snow, but--

"That doesn't surprise me, kiddo," I said as I leaned back, grimacing when a fresh pain shot through my side.

Sure showing your age, Yaoksi you ol pirate...

"But then we can't judge an entire world from just one spot. I mean, how far of a range do you have? Maybe there's civilization somewhere beyond; we'll just have to hike out of here. For all we know, it's like we are hiking out of the Sand Wastelands on Tatooine; there's not much for lifeforms there, but it doesn't mean that there's not life elsewhere."

A sudden thought crossed my mind, and I turned to Kyan.

"What does the Force tell you, jedi? I mean, aren't you supposed to be able to sense these things?"

The simple act of speaking took an unexpected toll on me; saying no more I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes, and let my body fall backwards across the boulder. All of a sudden it was feeling mighty good to just lay there.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Midwest | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 12.216.67.77

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e