my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Thus Far The Miles Are Measured (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Thus Far The Miles Are Measured
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-14-2003 01:10 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From The Curse Of The Uninvited in the "CSWU" forums, thank you.))

I stared off toward the flaming horizon, my thoughts as hot and volcanic as the wildly beautiful -- if noxious -- landscape which spread three hundred and sixty degrees around me. I really don't know what it was that had prompted me to come back here to Sullust... ok, so on second thought, I did.

Here it was that two horrific events had occurred to me: the rape that demon from hell had committed upon me in the spas of this bubbling world, and the even more horrific and brutal murder of my daughter. Most people would probably have run to the hills, anywhere, other than come back to the scene of such terrible memories... but not me. I dunno; call me a glutton for punishment, but to me there's no better way to get riding down the road than by clambering back up on top of the ronto that just threw you off.

And in doing that, you have to look the Beast square in the eyes.

So here I found myself again, perched atop a rocky outcrop of basalt, staring with almost unseeing eyes out over the harsh contrast of reds and golds, flaming oranges and yellows, almost unviewable whites and deep velvety blacks this planet's face presented. The curtaining lavas flared, reflecting in my own vision, reminding me that although the surface of this place was lifeless, life indeed did dwell within it's bowels.

Never take appearances at their first impressions, Galen JhinDar Danner, I thought fiercely. There is always another side to every story... and always a solution to every problem.

The problem was, however, that I really didn't know exactly what the problem was. Other than the raging fury and utter anguish I felt boiling deep within my soul.

That little sometimes-logical part of me waggled a finger for recognition.

You know, if the two could come to terms, they might negate.... The utter incongruity of that idle thought provoked a snort.

Yeah, "A" + "B" = "C," and "C" is a cleanly emptied Galen.

Right.

I let out a sigh, and continued to gaze out over the volcanic environment of Sullust. Then I rose to my feet, readjusted my rebreather, and headed back to the tunnel that would take me back to the lively civilization that lived beneath the surface. A particular cantina I had seen flashed into my head, and sure as there's Treasure on Roon, although I wasn't much of a drinker, I could use one about now.

And the stiffer the better, too.

[ 02-14-2003 06:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-16-2003 06:07 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Sullust

The planet between Yetoom and Ithor, a volcanic, barley habital world, with fascinating underground cities. All very attractive to those whom visit the area, and on this occasion it becomes a magnetic object to the electrons of Lumbia.

A former Dark Jedi, once overwhelmed by the darkness within his soul, and now becoming one who uses the light force. Beckoning the force as not a slave, but as an ally to help him during troublesome situations when his physical attributes fail. Coming down upon one of the underground cities, the unarmed TIE ship that had been given to him after his exit out of the incarceration on Yavin IV.

Exiting the ship as it was placed on the ship bay, he was out on the street. The smell was weird, something that he had only once before smelt many times before.

Food.

Going quickly down the path to the closest catina, he entered quickly with a sense of excitment being used for a facial expression. Coming to the bar, he seperated the two miners and began with his order. It was a Andoan Ale he seeked, one of his favorite acholoic bevarges, which in general were very few.

Turning about as he leaned casually against the bar counter in await, he glanced around the catina. It was a crowd of numerous species, all able to breathe in this atompshere, which was suprising, but what caught his eye the most was a red haired being that entered the catina only half a second during his rotation to observe the setting.

"Hmm--Do you know who this is." He asked, his eyes not moving away from her as the acohol was placed behind him by the waiter.

The man shook his head Twi'lek head, and venture off.

"Then I'll have to find out." He simply said, turning around and sitting down on the stool to end the rest of his drink.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-16-2003 06:15 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sat slouched in the booth of the cantina that had caught my eye. It was probably just like any other such establishment Piriingisi had to offer; full of noise and smoke, laughter and other sounds, smells and sweat and fights and tears. What had captured my attention in the first place, leading me back to this particular place was the funny-looking neon-blue potato blinking in its window, like some sort of garish mouth opening and closing, opening and closing, calling out for any passersby to come enter into the welcomed coolness and drink and camaraderie this place had to offer.

The Blue Asteroid.

I couldn't help but snort back a quick laugh as I entered and found a seat in that corner booth.

What is it, anyway? I thought out into the darkened interior of the place, idly watching as a young man turned from his position at the bar to pass a cursory glance upon me. It's like there's some unseen little gremlin who runs every such kind of place in the known universe, and this particular gremlin isn't very predisposed in the imagination department....

The sudden arrival of a soulful-eyed little waitress with my drink yanked my thoughts away from that non-sequiteur, and I in turn handed her a handful of credits. Probably way over what the drink cost, to judge from the way her eyes widened to even yet more enormously moist, black pits in her plump visage.

She murmured a quiet thanks, and left me to stare into the ruby depths of the Walkn'Fall she had placed in front of me. I had never gone near the stuff, knowing what it did to Sorben, and him a drinker.

But as my granny was wont to say, there was a time and a place for everything. Grimly I took hold of the tall glass, and in one swift motion threw half it's contents down my throat. Even as I choked and blinked through the tears that swallow provoked in me, slamming that glass back on the table, my hand was up in signal to my waitress.

Keep 'em coming, miss. Keep 'em coming....

[ 02-16-2003 06:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.107.48
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-17-2003 12:31 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia gulped down the last amount, taking a slow peak over his shoulder at the lonily female he had inspect during her entrance. The young adult headed through the maze of tables toward the lady, his unruly dark brown hair fluttering as he strolled past. Coming to a silent finish, he stared wearly down at the woman.

Placing his hand on the table of the booth, he glanced into her eyes, a sly smile coming to his face as he gazed. The smile slowly was devoured by concerned eyes. His lips forming a straight line, implying a sense of importance in his coming question.

"Excuse me madam, if I can call you that." He began, his voice made clear & formal, though he kept composure so casual.

Running his hand along the table, feeling the soft, smooth texture he unconsciously threw himself into the booth. Landing onto the seat, with his eyes closing to set an aura of thought before he began again.

"Do you know where I could find some Ilum crystals for a lightsaber construction?" The youth inquired, his voice wielding a sense of seriousness and care about it.

The posture of the boy began to change slowly, rustling in the seat for a seek of comfort. It had been long since he had a good seat at all, and the annoyance of service had began to assault his mental status.

Such agony in those cells, no ability to move as you want, do as you need. Their was the hell of the seven rings in that chamber. Lumbia began to recollect the misery, torment and confused emotions that he had gain during his incarceratedion.

A vibration rain through his gleeful emotions, eradicating it with it's sound, creating an aura of anguish and ache in his heart.

Lumbia's head dropped down wearily, staring upon the soft, smooth texture of the table. It was once what he was, before he had been confined to the pains of that room in the captive world of Yavin IV. Running his hand along the bumpy edges, he noticed himself within them. Their was no ability to see his own reflection on it like the other elements of the table, they must have not sweeped this area.

"Just like me, just like me." He solemnly whispered to himself.

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-17-2003 02:41 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I paused, frozen, staring wide-eyed over the rim of my Walkn'Fall to the brown-haired young man who came up out of the blue and plopped into the booth across from me. Granted, this booth wasn't much in the personal space department, but personal space it was, gleaned from the others here, carefully picked for its own type of self-confinement it kept itself to here in the far shadows of the Blue Asteroid. In fact, picked so carefully I'm positive the Mon Calimarian who formerly occupied it was still off somewhere, grumbling to be ousted so quickly and firmly and... perhaps a bit desperately.

But personal space it was, and now that personal space had been rudely invaded. I carefully set the glass back on the tabletop, but only after I had emptied it. I stared at the top of his head in silence, all the while my finger rose to capture the waitress's attention yet again. I opened my mouth, a slicing retort upon my lips, but suddenly paused.

And in such a manner are the new chapters of life begun, the thought came to me as abruptly and as unexpectedly as this young man had. I thought back to how I had so conveniently swooped into just the right vector of space on that day so long ago, to snatch Sorben out from Darth Wicked's paws... remembered further how I had chosed just that particular day to escape from Actar's luxurious prison on Ambria, to then meet Terrin, and couldn't help but wonder if this guy's sudden presence here would prove to be yet another nexus in my life.

So I forced back the anger which rose unbidden in me, and actually considered the question he was asking.

Ilum crystals for a lightsaber? Now... what's wrong with this picture... except that the only people in the galaxy who build the things are jedi, and I thought they went out on some kind of cleansing mecca or something to build them, nine weeks in the desert, so to speak....

My thoughts targeted back upon this young man as the waitress returned with yet another Walkn'Fall. It didn't even make it to the table, but was intercepted in mid-descent by my snatching fingers. I took another swig of the powerful ruby stuff, then set the glass shakily on the table.

Now I was staring at three young men's heads across from me. My tongue snaked out, wetting my lips.

"I- I dunno," I managed cleverly, blinking through the haze which was building up insidiously behind my eyes. He raised his face from the table to stare at me then as I continued. "I don' know much 'bout jed' stuff... you a jedi?" I slurred, pausing to give my head a shake.

The oh-so-dark humor of the situation slammed into me then. I shook my head harder, then harder yet as tears sprang unexpectedly into my eyes.

A jedi? Buddy, was he in for a surprise when he poked his head out into the Universe with his little lightsaber. There was a Beast waiting there to be slain, a Beast bigger than anyone ever could possibly dream of...

...and it lived on the worlds of the Red Sun, and it had a name, and it killed as it pleased, when it pleased, without ever a thought or consideration.

And there was nothing that could tame or slay the Beast, nothing nothing nothing....

My eyes grew vague then, looking out not into this young man's features but into other smiling faces, some not so smiling, some snarling and leering with the strength of the power at their disposal, some filled with deep-rooted and soul-filled fear.

And it really wasn't too much of a surprise to find my own face there amidst those final ones.

[ 02-17-2003 03:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.107.46
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-17-2003 04:06 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"No, Im not a Jedi." Lumbia said in reply, his voice firm, yet dark."I'm a Rogue Jedi--I do as I believe is fit for someone who uses the Force, but that does include helping those weaker, just not in the same fashion as Jedi who go by the philosophy of the Light Force."

The young force-sensative child looked away once more, searching for something that could give him answers, but his hand still rubbed the table for comfort.

The smooth, soft side was what he wanted to return to and if/when he did, maybe he could call himself a Jedi. Yet his philosophies were contorted with the attack on Yavin, and action un-Jedi like. Actions were not done, but defense was.

Reaching forward, without even a glance back, he drew the glass back toward him. The young rogue noticed something had been injected into her by the bevarage and their was no more need for her to drink. Standing up, he walked slowly over to her limp body and pulled her up. Placing her over his shoulder, he began on a walk out the bar.

"You awake back there?" The force prodigy said, his lips arcing into a smile in attempt to brightened his emotional status.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-17-2003 05:45 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mmmmm... nice. I always loved this, always, always always; just loved when Dad took Jharmeen and me out on a day's ride into the Tahika Cliffs south of Ariana... he always managed to find the time somehow, to do this with us, it was a summerly-thing, and he always managed to get the same steeds for us to ride, and I always just loved the way mine, for he always got me Ignatio, I sure loved that critter; anyway, he always got Ignatio for me to ride, and that beast and I sure got along, nothing could ride like Ignatio, nothing could run as far, and when he wasn't running his trot was smooth as a baby's behind... sure would love to see ol' Ignatio again, all I have to do is just peep open an eyeball here, and look, there he is, the fine steed, my friend, only, hmmm... I never noticed Ignatio wore boots... and when did they pave the Tahika Cliffs...?

From somewhere deep inside me, that logical, tough-stuff kernal which truly was Galen JhinDar Danner was sitting and hollering warnings for all she was worth.

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP...!

But Walkn'Fall is a harsh master. I managed to take a brief, if very bleary, look about me; noticed that everything wasn't quite as upright as it should be... a kind voice came whispering into my ears... I really ought to answer, maybe if I answer this damned descending fog would go away and then the real Galen Danner, yes that's me, could now please stand up....

After that all-too brief and entirely uncomprehending glance, my head flopped back against whatever it was it flopped against. Everything disappeared back into the darkness from whence it had come, and I fell into a depth of slumber of the variety in which there are no dreams.

--------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.213.64
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-18-2003 04:16 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia suddenly came to a stop, he recklessly dropping Galen's limp body. The young rogue came to a kneel before the girl, his lips arching into a frown of distress. She could quiet possible be seconds from death and without his help their was no telling what was to happen. The youth devised a plan that could get her awake, but it would take some quick moving.

Standing to his feet, gazing down at her body assuring himself that she was in safe hands on these streets, he ran back to the catina. Placing down some credits for some water, he was out as fast as he entered. Sliding along the pavement as the boy came out, meanwhile attempting to hold his balance and a grip upon the glass. Successful, he rushed to the limp body, the gal lingering motionless against the concrete wall. Throwing the glass upon her face, he wondered if the splash would awaken her.

Kneeling down before her, he impatiently waited for a physical responses.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-18-2003 11:42 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I moaned.

Hell's Seven Circles, Ignatio, not in the pond! No way, no way; you always try to roll when I ride you in the pond, and I'm not that fond of getting wet when it really isn't necessary...

Dammit, Ignatio; I said NO!

Caught between a fuzzy approximation of reality and an even fuzzier remembrance, I waved a hand vaguely, as though brushing away an annoying insect. To no avail; my trusty steed danced into the pond anyway, his prancing feet sending water in a spray against my face.

I spluttered and coughed, waving.

Dammit, Ignatio! Cut it out...!

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-19-2003 12:16 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia smiled as he noticed that she was alive. It would be pitiful for one of his capability in the Force, that mystical objects that was not naturally visable but penetrated and was around all, to allow a drunk girl to die under his scrutiny. Slowly the smile diminished, seriousness coming to him once more, taking a stand before the body.

"Excuse me, can you hear me?" He confusedly asked, his hands being placed behind his back as it had became a habbit of his, probably created because of his study on the old Jedi ways.

The boy's eyes wandered off to the side, observing his surrondings once more to find if their was any danger, though his skills were intuned to catch any growing tension in the Force.

"Are you there?" The boy asked, his mouth opening wide to let out a yawn as his words trailed into a murmur toward the end of his setence.

Man, I'm getting tired..

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-19-2003 01:33 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Okey day, Ignatio... now you've gone and done it... you've gone into the pond, and you must have tried to roll but I know you, you silly critter you; I saw that one coming and I got off you in time 'cuz I made it to the edge of the pond here, I can tell 'cuz it's hard and rocky, the Tahika Cliffs are rock after all, silly moi, but hard or not, it's nice here, nice and warm from the sun, so if you don't mind Ignatio I think I'll just curl up here on the rock and take a lil snooze....

Dream or reality, it all faded beneath a descending curtain of black, and I was out like a light in the streets of Piriingisi.

--------------------

LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-19-2003 01:11 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia had grown tired of these antics, the patience he always called his ally in life trying to with stand the boredom of the acoholic gal. It was clear she was physically stable, but mentally their was a problem coming to mind, she was drunk. If she wouldn't wake up soon their was no telling what someone could do to her if Lumbia went back into the bar so he could get some drinks to do as he did previously.

A sneer came to the force-sensative youth's face, a sense of discomfort & concern apart of his facial expression. The eyes of the boy calmly closed, his mind opening to the force. Every cell in his body using his the midclorhin to beckon the aide of the Force in the dire situation. Reaching into the mind of the girl with struggle, he attempted awakening her once more. The Rogue Jedi was clearly not a specialist in the arts of telephatics, but he had learn how, so their was still a possibility of her waking up.

Awaiting a response from the limp woman, Lumbia's legs crossed, situating himself in a stationary stance of meditation. Catching interested eyes around him from his abnormal bodily porportion.

[ 02-19-2003 01:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-19-2003 01:40 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cantering across the phantasmagoric landscape of my drink-induced dreams, I finally seemed to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. It was as if a ray of sunlight was poking up over the distant horizon Ignatio was carrying me toward, slashing up through a boiling red and black sky to explode its noisome miasma beneath shards of pure and cleansing light.

I groaned as the jedi's Force abilities thrust into my mind, and as an side-effect seemed to clear some of the chemicals from the Walkn'Fall from my body. Not completely... but enough that a modicum of sanity and clarity came washing back to me, and I was able to drift slowly back toward consciousness.

I sat up a bit woozily, a hand going to my head. Memory descended in a flash; remarkably, my head didn't hurt to the extent I thought it would after all the Walkn'Fall I'd consumed.

Remind me to never, EVER, touch that nasty stuff again! I berated myself as I lowered my hand to prop it on the street behind me. I swayed a little bit, blinking away the last fogs of drink and bringing the world into focus once again.

Then I blinked again, completely shocked by the incongruity of my situation. I sitting upon the cold duracrete of a Piriingisian city street, peeps in motion all about, casting their curious glances our way....

Our way???

It was only then that I realized I was not alone. A young man who looked strangely familiar was cross-legged in the streets with me, almost in a meditative post, a calm look upon his countenance as if sitting in the city streets with an unconscious woman was the most natural thing in the universe to do.

My jaw fell to play in said streets next to my toes. Then I literally exploded.

"How the hell did I get here... and who the hell are you, buddy?!"

--------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-19-2003 03:17 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia's eyes slowly opened, his lips bending to shape a smile, forming a slightly more enjoying composure. The glee generated mostly from her healthy body and finally having her awaken from her weird acoholic slumber. The boy had seen some of what she had seen in the void of dream during his meditation and it was unusual & weird. The smile slowly diminished as he noticed she had registered his expression, beginning with his response to her rude question.

"My name is Lumbia Whitfield, I aided you in retreiving concscious when you were in your acoholic infested sleep." The rogue said in a formal tone, his voice in more of a whisper so that the conversation wouldn't be heard by the passing citizens.

Taking his legs from their crossing, he slowly came to a stand, staring down at the face of whom he helped. She seemed angered & confused by his presence, but it was clearly reasonable. The galaxy was cloaked with darkness in his perspective ever since the Empire had taken existence, but it was clear that their was more complicated issue going on inside that forced her to think he was a criminal. He did wear torn rags at the moment, but his composure purposely sent a sensation that was formal and loving instead of a criminal.

"I'm sorry if I put fear in you, but I am not here to steal your money. If I was a criminal I would have probably stole it during your unconscious state." The lad said, his hands being placed behind his back as he looked with arced eyebrows at her, wondering how she would reply.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-20-2003 02:09 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Oh, this was just getting better and better--

"You-- you could have stolen my money while I was in my unconscious state?" I garbled in disbelief.

Who the hell was this guy, and what kind of nerve did he have anyway? I wake up after the one and only bender I ever wanted to go on in my life, to find myself sitting in the streets of Piriingisi like some street urchin, this guy involved in it somehow, I just know it... and here he stands, oh so smug, telling him he could have robbed me if he had wanted to? Like that's supposed to make me feel better?

And in the meanwhile, here I yet am, sitting in the streets of Sullust....

That realization sparked an action; holding my head steady against the last dregs of the Walkn'Fall effects, I climbed to my feet. Brushing myself off, I then turned to face him. Now my eyes narrowed to darkened slits; I brushed a hand quickly through the disaster my hair had become and glared even more at this "Lumbia Whitefield."

"I suppose then some kind of-- of thanks is in order here? That you managed to refrain from robbing me in my... unconscious state?" I sputtered darkly, staring him in the eye. Then my stance loosened a fraction.

"You still didn't tell me how I came to be laying here in the city streets... and why in Hell's Seven Circles you're here with me, waiting for me to wake up," I finally commented carefully, tensing my poor beleaguered body in readiness for action of any kind, and in that stance waiting to hear how this guy would respond.

--------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-20-2003 06:33 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia's tall, strong frame loosen as she spoke, though he words were presented in such a rude tone, attempting to keep a calm demeanor. When she came to an end of his statement, the Force adept frowned to express his disapproval with her hateful words. Placing his hand to point toward the door of the catina, he began with his response to her impolitily asked question.

"See, you were in that place and you feel unconscious. I, attempting to be a good citizen took you out the place so you wouldn't embarass yourself and tried to wake you up. During my effort to wake you I seeked the force, which was the reason I was in a meditative state before you when you awoke." His explaination ended with a small grunt, finding it tiring & irrelevant that he would have to explain something such as this. Doing the duty of a good citizen was now becoming congruent with criminal actions by how she looked upon him.

The young adult scowled at the ground, his mind seeking for something that would ease his tense nerves. Grumbling under his voice, Lumbia's posture became more stiff as he muttered on.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-21-2003 10:53 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I closed my eyes and counted to ten.

Twice.

He wanted to save me from embarrassing myself... so he accomplished this by dragging me out from "The Blue Asteroid" like yesterday's garbage and flinging me down into the streets like the same....

I wanted to slap this young man silly, really I did. But then I realized nothing would be gained from it...

...not to mention that he really wasn't who I simply ached to strike out against; no use acting on misdirected anger, Galen, you know that, so calm your jets....

...and finally managed to get myself under a semblance of self-control. Taking another deep breath, I opened my eyes.

He was still standing there, scowling down at his feet like a person scorned by his first love. Unbidden, a grin trembled around the corners of my mouth; with an effort I erased it from my features, and finally spoke up. This time the tone of my voice was softer, and far more civil.

"So, you make it a habit of rescuing people from themselves, ey?" I started, brushing an infinitesimal bit of dust from my flightsuit. "Nice hobby. But tell me:

"Surely there were others in that place in the exact state I was in, if not worse. How did I manage to get so lucky as you have you decide to pick me?"

--------------------

Posts: 1462 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 02-22-2003 08:04 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Lumbia still stared down as he responded. His voice timid as a Sullustian's eyes are big, with his lips kept relatively close together, barley making seperation as he spoke.

"Well, men are commonly fools, woman shouldn't be seen drunk, it embarasses their race." The black haired man said, his hands being placed behind his back to create a more calm posture.

Running his left palm through his sweaty head, and into his hair he looked up once again. His eyes stared deep into her's as he thought, though his eyes seemed to wander into her's for an answer to what he had contemplated. It was clear that she didn't have one, she was probably as lost as him to what he was looking for, if not more.

"What of this pilgremage of the Jedi to wield their lightsaber. I've never heard of it.." He suddenly said, attempting to change the discussion's topic.

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-22-2003 08:46 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I couldn't help the softening of my features in response to this newcomer's statement.

"Women, drink... yeah," I muttered quietly, garbling the words as they fell from my lips in sharp memory of the fact that I'm not a drinker, and probably never would be. My smile grew a little vague then, as memories of other people tossing back drinks came unbidden into my mind.

Sorben and his damned Walkn'Fall... Terrin and the drinks we'd shared... Jasyn and his Sith brandy.

Sith... brandy.

I started with a noticable jerk, realizing Lumbia was staring at me intently. I sniffed a little, then sighed.

"Well," I finally managed most cleverly. "Every nek has his day... and even an angel can fall."

I trailed off at that, casting an idle glance around me, watching as the passersby went on their own merry ways through the underground maze of caverns and connecting tunnels that was Piriingisi.

Then the final question Lumbia had asked niggled into my mind.

Jedi and lightsaber-wielding pilgrimages? I wondered to myself. Now where in Hell's Seven Circles did he get that from?

It was then that I realized that I might have babbled on much more than I thought in my, er... unconscious state... and an insidiously growing sense of unease began wondering just how much I may have done so.

Regarding what, in most particular.

Maybe it's time to go sit and chat awhile, and find out. Can't have every Tom, Dick and Harry knowing what's really going on in the galaxy, at least not yet. I'd sure hate to think what would happen when all the King's Men would find their weapons of light utterly useless, and would thus fall down never to be picked up again... and sure as there's Treasure on Roon every knight errant would go dashing off to those twin worlds from hell the minute they knew of the existence of the Sith.

Only to hasten to their deaths.

I found myself shaking my head in the negative, and found him staring at me in sudden curiosity. I forced a smile and stuck out my hand.

"Look, my name's Galen Jhin'Dar Danner; nice to meet you, and... er, thank you for your... concern for my well being. But if you want to talk any more about things, might I suggest we find a better place to do it in than the streets of this city? Perhaps a restaurant; I'm kinda hungry, and could use a bite to eat."

--------------------

Jebbua Dahutt

Really Nice Member

Member # 433

posted 02-23-2003 12:51 AM     Profile for Jebbua Dahutt   Author's Homepage   Email Jebbua Dahutt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
i wacthed the woman and the man talking about something on the ground. the man just minutes before had brought the lady out of the cantina while she was unconscious at the time so he went back in and brought some water and threw it on her face. she came back to conscious and now the were talking about something, but one thing i did hear was Jedi and lightsaber-weilding pilgrimages
could one of them be a jedi I thought. it had been long time since i had seen any jedi here on Sullest.the last thing i heard before i left was the woman asked to get something to eat. i would find out where they went and then show myself

--------------------

My characters- Jebbua Dahutt, Alexis Dahutt, and Jurrsk Balck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything that has an ending has a beginning.

Posts: 281 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 64.123.159.235
Dash Kelderon

On the Road to Redemption

Member # 427

posted 02-23-2003 10:25 AM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
ENTER DASH KELDERON

Docking bay 17, the last bay in the row, So far from the BLUE ASTEROID. Why does this cursed planet have to be so inhospitable! I just need to find out more about this HOLOCHIP. What is the meaning of the name WHITFEILD??? Who or what is it. I can only remember brief glimpses of my past. All I know is that I have to find THE BLUE ASTEROID on SOLLUST.

Departing from my (newly aquired) YT-3000 freighter, I set off walking to the CANTINA. I take in every little detail on my way there. DRUNK GIRL in the street, Man "helping" her. What's with the "crosslegged sitting there doing nothing while she chokes on her own VOMIT" going to do to help her anyway??? Oh well, not my problem. (Damn those are nice BOOBIES though) I'll check back in with them later. He He HE!
I walk into the CANTINA, my white hair flowing freely behind me, my Lavender eyes glowing in the dimness of the bar. I walk up to the barkeep, hand over 100 credits, and say simply "WHITFEILD". He helpfully points to the scene on the street where BOOBS and Crosslegged boy are just sitting there talking. Obviously the crosslegged sitting thing worked! *remembers in his subconcious that this is a practice use by the people with "LASER SWORDS"* So over I went. "Which one of you is Whitfeild?" I got thsi HOLOCHIP for you It says "WHITFIELD and then the Initials B.D.J. Know what it means? You have to excuse me, my memory is kind of hazy, I crashed my last ship. and my passenger was killed... *that will teach those "LASER SWORD" guys to fasten thier safety harnesses!!!* he had only these on him. [shows the "LASER SWORD" and the HOLOCHIP] I'll be keeping the "LASER SWORD" but the chip is yours...

--------------------

Those 2 guys may be IDIOTS... but they think the same way I do!

Posts: 655 | From: M.I,A | Registered: Feb 2003  |  Logged: 24.233.122.164
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-23-2003 12:46 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Warning bells and whistles sounded, vying for attention amidst the red flags which were frantically waving for attention in front of my eyes. And then vague memory pushed through the final fogs of the Walkn'Fall and justified the reason behind said bells, whistles, red flags....

Lumbia was seeking something... a crystal of some kind, to build a lightsaber. Enter stranger number two in less than the space of same amount of hours, sudden possessor of one, bad pilot of those who use them....

I cocked my head as I tensed, ready for anything, my eyes narrowing to black slits as I further appraised this sudden arrival.

Blue skinned, flowing white hair, great eyes... and an attitude you couldn't deflate with a rocket launcher. Not bad... hey a girl can look; haven't run into any of his breed in all my gallivanting around the galaxy, wonder who the hell he is but most importantly why the hell it's this particular moment he comed strolling up, big as you please, without so much as an introduction....

That final thought made me wince as I recalled my own laxity in the introductions department, and another one of my earlier thoughts, the one pertaining to serendipitous encounters, came flashing out of my slowly clearing faculties to remind me not to be such an automatic boob.

Boob.

I frowned more deeply, suddenly aware of this guy's wandering eyes on certain parts of my physical person. My eyes slit even further; it was all I could do to keep from growling in my throat. Yet for all my offended reaction, there was yet something about him I couldn't help staring at in turn. Something about him....

I shook myself with a snort.

Maybe he's like the Faleen, with pheromones or something.... I gritted my teeth, shaking my head again with a little snort, and tried to put the misery I was feeling over Terrin back into place. Sad to say it was a damned difficult thing to do, which only made me madder.

I fisted my hands at my sides, wanting to make some kind of retort, but knowing it wasn't my place. So I just stood there in silence, glowering.

[ 02-23-2003 12:49 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 02-23-2003 01:27 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood there, on the corner, trying to focus on the task at hand. (the HOLOCHIP) But subconsciously I kept stareing at the Woman out of the corner of my eye.
"I'm Dash, Dash Kelderon." "I appologise for my lack of introductions."
"I take it that the BOY gawking at my LASER SWORD is Whitfeild, but I am anxiously awaiting the Ladies name." *never in my travels have I seen one of such beauty*
"You can probably tell that I am Ch'iss." "We ARE known for our STRIKEING good looks..." "Enough of me, I'd like to know about you *grabs the ladies hand and gently kisses it*."
"Oh yeah, *tosses the chip to the boy* Let's see what's on this. My passenger kept going on and on and on about the importance of getting this thing to you! Let's see what all the commotion is about!"
*pats the boy on the arm* While you figure out how to work this thing, I'm gonna buy this fine looking ladie a drink."

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 02-23-2003 01:50 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now the glower found itself battling an involuntary smile as I fought against the inherent charm of this rather good-looking Ch'iss. But somehow I managed to keep from drooling....

Just HAS to be pheromones!

"I've already had enough to drink, thank you, er... Dash?" I said smoothly, drawing my hand with equal smoothness from his own. Yet I now found myself turning with him, as his one arm slid about my shoulders in directing be back toward the Blue Asteroid.

Galen, Galen... what in Hell's Seven Circles are you doing... Lumbia, please follow, oh please follow us....

I didn't say another word, but let this suave and charm-oozing man lead me back, lo and behold, right to the same booth I had vacated earlier. He seated me with a gentlemanly flourish, then sat down across from me.

As for me, I kept sliding my eyes to the door, looking for Lumbia to come save me from myself. I didn't like the uncharacteristic rush of sensations that were beginning to spread through me, bringing heat into my cheeks and a smoky confusion into my eyes.

--------------------

Dash Kelderon

Member # 427

posted 02-23-2003 02:27 PM     Profile for Dash Kelderon   Author's Homepage   Email Dash Kelderon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The moments were becoming increasingly awkward... I didn't want to ask for her name again. It might seem a little too pushy. I'll just have to work with it.
"You seem tense, Relax". "I can assure you I have the best of intentions".
*stands up* "Barkeep, can I get a 'squincha-bean loaf' salad?" "OH, and a 'JAWA JUICE'."
"I'm starved, what can I get you?"
"What shall I call you anyway?"

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e