my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Return to Ground Zero (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Return to Ground Zero
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-21-2002 12:12 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Raptor gracefully floated out of hyperspace to the astonishing view of not a fleet, but simply one large and rather impressive ship.

The Hornett, an Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer.

Aaron turned to regard Finn's reaction to the ship, then began procedures to dock his Lambda-class shuttle in the main hanger. After recieving clearance from acting captain Taylor Garrison, Aaron began doing just that, only again looking to either of the other two men when he had at length fully landed and shut down the ship.

He stood, turning to Rathal and Finn just once. "Follow me," he said. Then, with no further ado, he departed from the cabin of the Raptor into the hanger bay then to the corridors of the Hornett. As he continued to walk, he finally stated "I think it's time we lay all our cards out on the table, if we are going to get anywhere with this at all."

With that, he stopped at a conference room, opened the door via the keypad, and stepped inside, waiting for everyone to get settled before he said a word more.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-21-2002 12:56 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Finn had stared wide-eyed with awe at the Super Star Destroyer filling the viewport. He had seen such ships of course, living much of his life on Corellia, but mostly docked or under construction. His one rare occasion to board such a mammouth was before his first mission with Peace Brigade a few years ago. Only one Bothan admiral in Peace Brigade, an Impy reject trying to make a name for himself in the New Republic, had an SSD. No doubt there were pirates and gangsters who had them, and now the New Imps... who were these guys really? Must have a hefty backing...

Caglion obediently followed Barnes and Rathal to a conference room, where he had a feeling he was going to find out.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.7
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-21-2002 01:15 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron was about to open his mouth and say something when his comm interrupted any words ever leaving his throat. He plucked it from his belt, hitting the accept button.

"Sir, this is acting captain Taylor Garrison. Captain Danner and his crewmen have just landed. He wants to speak with you immediately."

Aaron's eyes went wide in surprise.

Terrin was back? Something about this wasn't quite right, but Aaron had a feeling he would get to that...

"Allright. Tell him we are in conference room 104. He can meet me anytime he's ready."

"I will, sir. Garrison out."

With that, the comm unit went dead and Aaron replaced it on his belt, glancing at both Rathal and Finn. "Well," he said, "Looks like you both are finally going to meet the true Captain of this vessel..."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-21-2002 05:11 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The true captain? Great..., Finn thought, his eyes turning cautious yellow again. He shot Rathal a glance. Did Barnes' comment mean he didn't know the real captain either?
WHO ARE THESE GUYS! This captain BETTER NOT be a pirate! Or an Imp...

Barnes seemed like a traditional soldier, not a pirate... maybe an Imp. If he was, Finn had a chance of surviving if he told them he'd once been in Peace Brigade.

The last time Finn was held captive for any length of time, not counting his recent imprisonment at the Marauder cave, it was by a group of rogue Jedi. Barnes didn't dress or act like a Jedi, and Finn had learned how to notice subtleties that gave Jedi away, like how they always appeared to be in deep thought due to their minds processing signals from the force continuously.
Eagle Enterprises... are they smugglers? Gangsters? That wouldn't be so bad...

Still, the pilot was nervous, waiting and wondering who the mystery captain would be and what he really wanted with the Major.

[ 10-21-2002 05:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Finn Caglion ]

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.8
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 10-22-2002 12:01 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin hurried down the corridors of the Hornett towards the destination that he'd been given by Taylor Garrison, his mind and his heart on alert as thoughts continued to spin through his head. At length he found the conference room to which he'd been directed; he froze as he entered to regard Aaron, along with two people he'd never seen in his life.

No time for pleasantries.

Usually Terrin wasn't this sort of a business person; he usually could be rather cordial and all that jazz. But things were suddenly getting so complicated that he just didn't want to deal with anything other than what his heart was telling him to do. He motioned Aaron aside, stepping away from the two men, actually pulling Aaron completely out of the conference room before he said a word.

Aaron cocked a brow and looked at Terrin in concern. "You allright? Where are Galen and the baby?"

Terrin closed his eyes for a moment to still wave upon wave of pure agony as he replied. "They're on Coruscant."

He opened his eyes just in time to see Aaron simply gaping. "How? And...why?"

Terrin raised a hand. "Just...don't ask. But what it amounts to is that I just left the safety of my wife and adopted daughter in the hands of another man... am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?... and I don't trust Admiral Actar for all the spice in Kessel. He's supposedly not after Galen anymore, but I just know he's after the baby..."

He paused, pursing his lips, sudden resolve filling him. "I'm going to Coruscant."

Aaron's eyes widened further. "Are you crazy?! Have you taken a look at the blockade there recently? You're going to get yourself into more trouble than you can imagine."

"My mind is made up," Terrin said flatly. "I never trusted Actar, and I'm not going to start now, especially when it comes to Galen and Darra. I stopped by here to pick up the ZZ'Shzq, a few changes of clothes, and a little something else, and then I'm out of here."

Aaron sighed. "I see there's no arguing this with you. The ZZ'Shzq is fully serviced and ready to go. And please...if you need anything, don't hesitate."

Terrin nodded at that and turned to go, leaving Aaron considering even as he did.

(((OCC: Follow Terrin to And the Days Grow Longer in the Empire and New Republic. Thank you!)))

[ 10-22-2002 10:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1188 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.158
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-22-2002 09:06 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron frowned as his partner departed once more, then turned and headed back into the conference room. He sat, tried to think of something profound to say...

...only nothing was coming to mind. Suddenly there seemed to be a bigger issue here than simply making up a rebel cell here or there. Suddenly Aaron decided something. He turned to Rathal.

"I think the Captain is headed for some trouble..."

Trouble. Now that's a nice word for it.

"You were able to help out his wife once before; I'm sure you can help him. And, if you really want to prove your loyalty to us, this would surely do it. I should warn you though, you might be crossing paths with Admiral Actar. Of course, you wouldn't go alone; I'm certain one or both of Terrin's closest crewmen would be more than happy to assist you."

Then he turned to Finn. "We'll do everything in our power to find the Major. I should be straight with you; you've been the best lead on him we've had thusfar, and with the way Actar's troops seem to be I fear he may be unreachable at this point..."

...and hopefully not dead, some little voice added.

"I don't know what direction you want to go from here, but it is entirely your call."

[ 10-24-2002 01:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.159.158
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-22-2002 10:35 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Actar, Rathal had been waiting for his chance to settle his score with that bastard. Yes, Rathal would gladly take a job that involved crossing swords with the notorious Imperial commander. Still Actar presented a serious risk as well and as much as his thirst for vengence egged him on, he would only go so far for revenge and he wasn't about to land himself in jail again. Then again Tarnus had worked for Actar and he might run into him if he was lucky, Rathal grinned inwardly, he was aching to go toe to toe with the hot shot bounty hunter ever since thier run in with eachother on Fondor. Plus Jonovar had seen how "well" Barnes negotiated and was going to milk this deal for what it was worth,

"Sure Boss, I'd be happy to help you out," he started plastering a big PR smile on his face, "But I will of course need a ship, I work better on my own so I won't short staff you by taking any of your crew with me, however another pay increase would not go amiss... and I assume you will be covering my expensise. Once we get those little technicalities out of the way I'll be ready to go, imeadiatly if you want, you are the boss after all."

Rathal groaned inwardly as he realised how out of place he must have just sounded,way to go hombre
He sighed inwardly, hoping he didn't loose his job.

[ 10-24-2002 08:13 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Rathal ]

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-22-2002 11:39 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Finn was caught in a moment, one of those moments where gut feel had to override everything else.

He watched Barnes carefully, and the man looked, well, desperate. If the mysterious captain, who Barnes called Terrin, had family in trouble and Rathal was so quick to help out... they acted more like rebels than Imps. And the way Barnes mentioned they'd find the Major... there's no way they were looking to capture Davidov. They were looking for his help. And I'm their only lead?

"Captain, I feel I should be straight with you as well. I was not being up front earlier when I mentioned the Major was headed for N'hreal."

Finn lowered his eyes a moment, then returned them to Barnes'. "Major Davidov is looking to hide and regroup... on the planet Kashyyk."

His eyes remained a cool true blue, the color they held when he told the honest truth. It felt good to release it, to not have to hold in lies any longer. Rathal was correct in his original assessment of Caglion. He was an honorable guy. Thank you, Clara.

"And while you have already paid for this information by giving me my freedom, I ask one more favor. Let me travel with your crew."

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.123
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-23-2002 11:33 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron nodded to Finn, "I think that can be arranged, Mr. Caglion." Then he turned to Rathal, cocking a brow. "You push for the most you can, don't you pal?"

For a moment he let the question sit, then he continued with, "I'll give you a decent fighter, a month of your regular pay up front, and til you come back with Terrin or with results of some sort at least, that's it."

He waited to see what Rathal would say.

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-23-2002 11:42 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Its wasn't what he had requested but it was better than what he had expected... yeah, the price was good enough. Jonovar nodded, "Done." then he added, "I'm ready to head out as soon as you point me to my ship and specify what it is you want me to do... precisely."

He waited eagerly for Barnes's response, trying not to let the excitement he flet show. He had always enjoied the thrill of the hunt.

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-24-2002 01:21 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Motioning Finn to follow them, Aaron stood and began leading Rathal towards the main hanger bay of the Hornett. He considered for a moment before speaking. "Well," he started. "Terrin might come out of this allright, but then he might not. I can give you a couple of things that might help you track him, one being that Eagle Enterprises uses a "tracking" device of sorts to keep tabs on all our ships. Terrin has taken the ZZ'Shzq as his pretty much, but it's still on that system. You should be able to tell if the ship is on Coruscant with the passcode to the system. I can also give you Terrin’s commlink frequency, that should be of help if he’s got it on him.

“And, other than that, I really can’t tell you what else might or might not work. He might not even get onto Coruscant, and heavens help us if he should and something happens to him there. You’ll have to use your bounty hunter’s sense and get creative.”

At that, Aaron stopped, finally reaching the main hanger bay of the Hornett. He indicated a few different shuttles of assorted varieties. “You can have your pick of any of these smaller vessels.”

At that he waited to see what Rathal would do next, sincerely hoping that the man’s mission would indeed be a short one.

[ 10-24-2002 01:24 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-24-2002 04:39 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: From 'A new direction taken' in the Jedi Praxeum & Sith Temple forum))

The shuttle came out of hyperspace on the outskirts of the K'eel Doban system... as Carina quickly picked up on the coded message beacon orbiting K'eel Doba, she punched in the code given to her via the message she received on Coruscant...

The message sent to her on Coruscant was made by Master Tyberius' contact on that world...

Cartina read this message, and found it troubling...

Why was I sent out here to be told to look for someone elsewhere??

The contract was to find Galen Jhin'Dar Danner and bring her back, alive, to this exact spot where the beacon had been left in K'eel Doban orbit...

She hadn't heard of her, but she has heard of a Terrin Danner...

He owns Eagle Enterprises... it's worth a shot... but, this is a delicate mission... best go incognito...

Cartina had just bought some information on Eagle Enterprise's comm frequency... Time to use it, as it did cost her a pretty penny...

With that, she set her long distance comm frequency to that of Eagle Enterprise's:

"I wish to trade in a Lambda class shuttle, fairly good shape... for something with a little more fire power, can we do business?"

[ 10-24-2002 04:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartina ]

--------------------

"He's no good to me dead."--Boba Fett

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.160.179
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-24-2002 05:42 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So... Rathal is a bounty hunter. At least not a pirate.

Still Finn shifted uncomfortably. There had been a price on his head once, but he managed to have his Jedi friends take care of the contractor. Never got the hunter, but without the promise of bankroll, Finn figured he was safe. Now he was just an anonymous pilot, working for rebels against the New Imps.

He really hoped following Barnes would lead him back to Davidov, and some action.

But Rathal was a lucky cuss.. getting a loaner vessel. Finn wondered if the Major would make him pay for the loss of his X-Wing. Flying was his stress reliever, and it had been far too long without being behind the controls.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.7
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-24-2002 08:48 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Rathal surveyed the row of shis with an expert eye, his last craft had exploded on him and the one before had been a pile of junk. He wanted to make a better pick this time around. At length paused and his mind hatched a plan,

"Perhaps you ought to give me a small frieghter, nothing special, just your middle of the road frieghter. Im thinking I could easily pass for a merchant," he paused for a moment considering his plan a it further, "I could take Finn with me, someone with his skills should have a pretty good idea of how to run a blockade? What do you think boss?" he looked hopefully at Aaron, the plan certainly was plausible enough but he had for the most part suggested it because it involved him piloting a nice, little friegher, somthing he always enjoyed.

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-24-2002 09:44 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For once, Aaron entirely agreed with Rathal. "Yes, a freighter might be to your advantage and..."

He paused, looking to Finn, "Your piloting skills just might come in handy. It'll give you something to do, and you seem to have a bit of experience working in this sort of area. What do you think?"

He looked to Finn quietly, wondering just what the man might say.

--------------------

Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-24-2002 10:58 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Caglion was surprised that the bounty hunter would want him along, but then, maybe this Terrin guy was in deeper than just a little family trouble.

He hesitated, wondering if it was better to get back to the Major, but then decided a little further delay getting back wouldn't hurt. Davidov probably figured he was dead by now anyway. The chance to co-pilot the freighter and help Rathal with tactical maneuvers should they run into trouble was enticing.

Finn smiled at Rathal, then turned to Barnes, his eyes eager green. "Captain, I'd be delighted. Just be sure to give the Major my regards, if you find him on Kashyyk."

Moving to stand by Rathal, he remembered one minor detail. He turned back to the Captain. "One more thing, sir. I might need a blaster. Mine seems to have been confiscated." He broke a smile, feeling good to be back in the game again.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.73
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-24-2002 11:27 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron ogled a moment at Finn's shifting eye color really just now noticing it. Then he smiled at his request, taking his own blaster from his weapons belt and handing it to the man. He pointed to a nice little YT-2400 freighter sitting to their right.

The ship featured the typical saucer-shaped hull of the YT series. She had thick armor plating and bulky engines, set to easily handle the strain of space combat. The vessel sported hot-rodded engines and powerful weapons on its oversized hull, and was quite obviously one powerful little freighter.

"You can take her, the Castaway. She's a YT-2400, really nice little ship--fast, tough, and fully loaded."

Worth a really pretty penny.

"Now, you'd better be on your way. There is really no time to spare. If you need me, you have my comm frequency. I hope to see you back, successfully; but I warn you, this Actar guy is tough; beyond tough. Be very, very careful. It'll take more than just a little trickery to get into that blockade of his. But good luck, my friends."

At that Aaron simply nodded and turned on his heel to head back to his office, leaving the two men to their assignment.

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-25-2002 10:02 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
When Aaron finally returned to his office he found not one but two requests for business.

Message One:

I wish to trade in a Lambda class shuttle, fairly good shape... for something with a little more fire power, can we do business?

Aaron cocked a brow. Not like business to not even give a name. There was, however, a comm frequency to reply to, so Aaron did so.

His reply: We at Eagle Enterprises would be happy to serve you. I might have some YT-2400s to your liking. Attached are specs on several ships I can offer you. Please reply to this frequency if you would like to purchase one of these ships, or another, from our business. Thank you for your interest.

Then, message two:

Hey, i need repairs, can you help me from a ship frequency. Aaron grinned a bit at that, suspecting just what might have happened.

His reply. How might Eagle Enterprises be of service to you exactly?

Then he sat back and waited to see what might progress, all the while knowing that this message frequency was so very a nasty little critter that managed to scramble its path so many times before it reached its destination that no one could ever truly trace it.

Just to make sure of this, however, he reached for his personal comm and made a request. In moments the Hornett blasted off into hyperspace.

It was never good to stay in one place too long...

--------------------

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 10-25-2002 10:11 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(Continues from "Nowhere Special" in this thread))

Flac woke up with a bang as his comm started buzzing like a fly from hell, just kinda saying "hey you idiot, wake up, therse someone here to talk with ya"

And so he picked up his little commlink and let his face fall into a little grin, eagle enterprises, good thing he hadnt left that card with his friend, or he'da been in big trouble...

"Hey, I go by the name of Flac, My shuttle seems to be having,ah... Engine, problems..."
With that he held the commlink out in the direction of the engine so whoever it was on the other line could here the strange kicks, and sputters, and whirrings going on in the other room of the shuttle.

"Ah, ya, anyway, my friend told me that your company did good businis, while he said you sold ships, i was hoping maybe you could repair mine... Any possibilities of this transaction happening? cause if not, i think i need all the time i can to sit down and start praying for a mirical..."

with that he fell silent, and awaited a reply.

--------------------

"Faster then a jedi pulls a rabit out of his hat"
---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.111
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-25-2002 10:17 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron laughed softly to himself, recognizing the sounds of a dying engine as clear as a crystal.

This guy needed some serious help now.

Aaron mulled it over. They did have some of the best techs in the business; they wouldn't be so good at what they did otherwise. He pondered further.

"I think we can help you out," he commented. "What's the closest planet or rock you can land on? Cause pal, you better land soon..."

[ 10-25-2002 10:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 10-25-2002 10:55 PM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Damn damn damn! is it that serious? man im screwed... I knew i shoulda had this thing taken in when i had the chance...

"Im near some backwater planet in the middle of nowhere, for all i know this rock aint got a name... but heres where it is." with that he related the coordinates, at the same time tapping in a few quick commands to take the ship down... Hopefully in one piece...

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.8
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-25-2002 11:17 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cartina received the reply to her opening message, and sent another message to Aaron Barnes:

"Do you have a YT-2000 class frigate? If not, I'll allow you to point out something else that beats this shuttle's 4 laser cannons... any upgrade will do... I pay for the best, do we have a deal?"

--------------------

"He's no good to me dead."--Boba Fett

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 66.156.195.138
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-26-2002 12:01 AM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Caglion was definitely impressed. A YT... he'd flown one a few times, not of his own, but a friend's. Finn himself never owned a ship of his own, only borrowed or was issued one for duty. He never had enough money to buy one, and never really needed a big ship.

Didn't matter how much experience he had, Finn could fly about anything. It was a strange natural gift.

Helping Rathal check her out for takeoff, he was impressed with some of the modifications, including a cloaker and a power management system for the hyperdrive.

Finn turned to Rathal. "Shouldn't have too much trouble with a blockade in this baby. I take it you're piloting, and I'm nav and backup?"

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.86
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 10-26-2002 02:03 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Flac sat within his ship, approuching the planet when he suddenly had an idea... he always was one to push things to the limit... And that whirring sound was dying out a bit...
"you can make it through a hyperspace jump cant ya, Tammy? course ya can... aint no ship thats lasted this long before without breaken down, i dont see a reason why you'd start now..."

With a slight chuckle he tapped in a change in course, punching his hyperspace lever, causing the stars to blur for just a moment, before suddenly his engines cut out, and he was thrown back into real space with a start... Normaly a man would be dead after that kinda thing, but old tammy kept her friend Flac alive at all costs... and he sure as hell hoped she kept doing so... The engin sputtered again and he found himself needing to land... or he'd be dead in no time at all... Quickly he put her down on some planet... eyes glancign downward to look at the commlink.
now would be the time to start praying for a mirical, cause that comm sure is quiet...

His hand tapped the comm a few times... sure enough, that thing was as dead as a swamp rat tresspassing on a farmers crops...

with a casual shrug the commlink flew backwards, slamming into the wall and shattering into a million pieces...

"up for a game of 'where the hell am i' Anyone? good, glade to here it..."

grumbling to himself he exited the ship, and placed a tarp over it yet again, checking to make sure his best frined Mr. Bryre was still fully charged and ready for action...

With that roguish grin flashign all over the place, one of his hands reached up to run through his thick mass of hair, pulling it back for a moment, only to have it part again in its natural wierdness after his hand left....

"and now to find out where you are, buddy Ol' Pal... You were guessin when you hit those coordinates... So where are ya?"

He sighed and sat down, thinking, once again beggining to mutter to himself "Maybe you should get a map, he tells ya, Oh no, i dont need a map, i know this galexy like the back of my hand, you reply... But a map would be helpull, he say's, oh no, really im fine... Geez flac, why do you have to be such a moron sometimes?"

his smile grew into a little smirt "cause your the best damn 'bussinis man' there is... And there aint no one who will dispute it..."

he laughed to himself at that, taking out a small bottle of water from his belt, and sipping it idely... "where to go next... Where to go next... "
Alrighty, where ever you are god, if you dont totaly hate me, hows about givin me a hand?

"bah! Maybe i shoulda lead a better life... but then again... Live a better life, and miss out on all the fun? NO WAY IN HELL!"

With that he jumped to his feat,fully showing that little grin of his once more, he set off to figure out just where in the universe he'd ended up in...

[ 10-26-2002 02:19 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Flac ]

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.65
Flac

Space Cowboy

Member # 376

posted 10-26-2002 02:04 AM     Profile for Flac   Author's Homepage   Email Flac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: follow me back into "nowhere special" in this forum, thanks))

--------------------

---Flac

Posts: 108 | From: Where ever the wind blows | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.65

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e