my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Return to Ground Zero (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Return to Ground Zero
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-26-2002 09:45 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron was about to reply to Flac's comm that he'd have someone right to the coordinates he'd provided when the trace on Flac's comm frequency fizzled, popped, then completely snapped.

Woah, woah, what had just happened?

Aaron tried to click into Flac's comm to reconnect and tell him someone would be right there once more, only this time the comm line didn't even go through.

Comm completely shot. That was NOT good.

Hmmm...maybe they had someone in the area who could check it out...

Aaron reached for his computer and typed something in, pulling up the closest station they had to the coordinates this Flac guy had given.

Maybe he was still in the area, and his ship was going haywire. No harm in looking for him...and possibly more business this way...

A few hours later, one of the station members reported that there were no ships in or around the area.

Ok. Unless someone is pulling something really cute, that guy is there. Or was, earlier, at least according to Flac himself...

Aaron wondered if the guy had been insane enough to try a hyperspace jump, cause that's sure what it sounded like. Again reaching for his computer and comm he went to work once again, testing out a new theory, meanwhile also replying to his other prospective buyer that yes, they did have YT-2000's available, at the same time sending a listing of the ones that he currently had on sell...

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-26-2002 10:51 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cartina read, what she hoped to be the final message, and recorded her reply:

"Very good, how do you wish to finish the deal, you do take trade-ins... I'd be glad to hand over this out dated shuttle, and whatever the difference is... money is not an object..."

Lieing is part of the job, but to go so for as to say those 5 words, money is not an object, turned Cartina's stomach a bit...

[ 10-26-2002 10:53 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartina ]

--------------------

"He's no good to me dead."--Boba Fett

Posts: 95 | From: see Loban | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 65.80.161.106
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-26-2002 10:57 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Well," came Aaron's reply, "The ship you are asking for would cost you at least 27,000. You'd have to give me stats on your trade-in for me to tell you the difference. We can arrange the final trade depending on your current location."

He finished the message at that, then waited for a reply.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-26-2002 11:53 PM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cartina quickly entered her shuttle's stats to that of the YT-2000 transport's:

Lambda-class Shuttle

Type: Imperial Shuttle
Length: 20 Meters
Weapons: 4 Double Laser Cannons
Top Speed: 50 MGLT
Troop Capacity: 54 Soldiers
Cargo Capacity: 80 Metric Tons
Passengers: 20
Shield rating: 100 SBD
Hull rating: 25 RU
Maneuverability: 71 DPF

YT-2000 Transport

Type: Light Transport
Length: 32 meters
Weapons: 2 Quad Laser Cannons
1 Laser Cannon
1 Medium Ion Cannon
Top Speed: 96 MGLT
Troop Capacity: 7
Cargo Capacity: 115 Metric Tons
Passengers: 7
Shield rating: 320 SBD
Hull rating: 114 RU
Maneuverability: 71 DPF

"Also, My shuttle has an above average hyperdrive... I am now in the K'eel Doban system, awaiting coordinates..."

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-27-2002 12:01 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron read the stats to the person's ship, and then those to his or hers request for a new one.

He replied:

I have a contact on Ord Mantell that has a ship for sell by us with these stats. The ship at its current price is 25,000. Your trade in is worth 10,000, bringing the price to 15,000. I am willing to put you in contact with a salesperson from our coorporation who will be available there on Ord Mantell in 2 days, should you be willing to buy or try to further negotiate...

...please sumbit your identity if you wish to continue this business transaction so our salesperson can find you...

[ 10-27-2002 12:02 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-27-2002 12:20 AM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"My identity, of course... I apologize, I don't usually do this... I am from a planet on the outer rim, Core'anna, we have had trouble with on our trading routes of late... If I am satisfied with this freighter, I believe we would like to purchase every single one you might have... and ask you to perhaps build more... but, I have been instructed to go straight to the top of Eagle Enterprises with my offer... do you deny such, and our future business?"

Cartina switched off the comm...

"Lets see if he bites on that..."

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-27-2002 12:25 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's eyebrows shot up to the top of his head.

What the kriffing Hell?!

"Who's we, buster?" was all he said. Then he leaned back and waited, a nagging suspicion starting to chew on his stomach.

--------------------

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-27-2002 12:32 AM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cartina read the message, and quickly replied:

"Why.. the system's entire trading industry... if you agree to set up a meeting between I and Terrin Danner, owner of Eagle Enterprises..."

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-27-2002 12:38 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron's eyebrows, if they could have, went up even further. Something about this reaked of something he didn't entirely like.

"If you wish to meet with someone, you can meet with me, seeing as I am co-owner of the corporation."

He left it at that, waiting to see what this person would answer next.

[ 10-27-2002 12:39 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-27-2002 12:47 AM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"If that is what you wish, I accept... relay coordinates, I await our formal introductions..."

Cartina awaited his final reply...

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-27-2002 12:56 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Aaron was really getting rather suspicious about all this. Sure, a good business deal was one thing. But this...this seemed like something else entirely.

But he had to follow it through in order to ever find out.

"I will meet you on Ord Mantell as I originally sugggested, and no place other than that," he answered. "You will find me there in two days, at a cantina called the Excalibar. How can I identify you?"

--------------------

Cartina

Bounty Hunter

Member # 374

posted 10-27-2002 01:21 AM     Profile for Cartina   Author's Homepage   Email Cartina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cartina placed her final reply, before entering hyperspace toward Ord Mantell...

"Hopefully, I'll be the only one in a red dress..."

Oh, how she hated to dress up... she would rather be dressed in the filth of Ord Mantell, if it would help her situation...

The shuttle blasted into hyperspace...

[ 10-27-2002 01:21 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Cartina ]

--------------------

Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 10-28-2002 07:30 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(((OCC: Follow Aaron and Cartina to Meeting at Ord Mantell in this same forum. Thank you.)))

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 66.20.158.222
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 11-02-2002 11:24 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
With Aaron's departure for business elsewhere, Matt Stanza had been given full charge of any business dealings for Eagle Enterprises until Aaron returned. This wasn't uncommon; after all, Matt was Terrin's assistant, and he knew anything and everything that Terrin did. So this wasn't too difficult a task for him to deal with. He was, however, exhausted after all the recent hoopla in Prinn'chatka, and had taken a nice break from reality in a thing known as sleep.

So, after who knew how long, Matt finally awoke, feeling like he'd slept two days. And heck, maybe he had. But he knew there were business items to attend to, so he headed for his own office, tapping into the Eagle Enterprises computer system.

Among one of the first items of business...a person calling himself "Flac" had called Eagle Enterprises concerning ship repairs before Aaron had left, and something had happened to the man's comm frequency before Aaron could determine exactly where he was so he could be assisted. Aaron believed the guy had run into trouble, and it was EE policy to follow-up on potential clients that seemed to be in exactly that. The policy had gained them some rather loyal clients. Aaron had left Matt the comm frequency that he and Flac had communicated on and had asked he try to find the man and see if his ship needed repairs. Matt intended to do just that.

Now, Matt wasn't too sure if this comm frequency would work if Flac was having major problems with his ship, but he went ahead and punched it in; couldn't hurt to at least try. Somewhere, a connection was made.

Aha!

Matt grinned, realizing it felt good to be back in business, and sent out a comm, hopefully to Flac. "This is Matt Stanza of Eagle Enterprises. Aaron Barnes relayed your comm frequency to me, and was hoping that I could contact you after he lost connection with your comm freq. You still need some assistance with that ship of yours?"

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 11-02-2002 11:40 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Matt frowned as he got a reply from Flac's ship that was pretty much nothing other than static. He tried to dial again, but this time the frequency didn't even register when he tried it.

Oh well, maybe he could try again later...

Sighing at that, Matt leaned back a bit in his seat and tapped a few keys on his computer keyboard, bringing the Holonet News up on his terminal screen. He scanned through stocks and glanced through the various articles...

And his eyes froze on the header of one specific article towards the top of the computer screen. It read:

Eagle Enterprises Owner Reported Missing by Staff of Company

Matt frowned to himself. What the hell?

The article was brief but straight to the point. Matt read through it carefully, his frown only deepening further.

Eagle Enterprises co-owner Terrin Danner is said to have gone missing after he returned from an extended sabatical a few days ago. Sources overheard conversation that suggested Danner may have gone to look for his wife, who did not return with him. Sources also suggest that Danner's continued absence from the company may lead to a decrease in sales and suspect that Danner's partner Aaron Barnes may be taking action to take over the company himself or find a replacement for his wayward partner.

Matt rapped the edge of his desk with his fingertips, wondering just who precisely was doing the talking here.

Who had heard enough about what might be going down to leak such information?

Could have been anyone. Maybe maintenance. Sounded like someone didn't have too much faith in Terrin anymore, however. Either that, or someone was trying a good smut campaign against Eagle Enterprises with insiders who had leaked them information.

This was not good.

At any rate, it looked like Eagle Enterprises had a leak to stop. But in the meantime, Matt figured he'd better get some public relations going...

...the article had already been published, and who knew what other people had read it...

[ 11-02-2002 11:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.122

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e