my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Endor's Finest (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Endor's Finest
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-16-2002 03:09 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Upon the planet of N'hreal, home to the Outer Rim

Lumbia stretched his legs apart, slamming them into the fenching stance, as his lightsaber rose vertically across his face, with the tip facing his enemy. The following seconds were pigeonholed as a time of silence. Taehun continued with the traditional circular motioning around his antagonist until he came to a horziontal path of the Light Sided beings eyes and rushed forward in a daring overhead slash. Once against hte blades collided together with a in ruthiless hissing sound burning through the the vibration. The green blade and the one of red flung their lights along the area, spreading along the surface, exposing the inner self. Green: the descion light to become a Jedi Knight. A path of incredible dangers, and weilding more then a lightsaber-but many other beings within your actions. Red: the path of a Dark Side Jedi, filled with the hatred, anger, fear and aggression. Dark Jedi Knight fighting only to destroy, and not rebuild societies as the Jedi Knight's had done. Making the life of others painful, and gorged with terrior. This battle was once for DATOR's control, but it now had became a fight to unbalance the balance of society. Darkness vs Light, a battle that wouldn't ever end until everyone that weilded the endless sleep.

Throwing each other back, as they understood the collision of the blades was nothing but a block in their fight, they came back again. In a glut grace whirl of movements, the collision of blades came once again, but in a faster pace. Throwing the lightsaber upward and downward, unbalancing each other's attacks to defensive, then offensive. A game of ping-ball, only going back and forth as they moved each other toward the walls of the ship's interior.

A sudden stop came, with a Force Pull, moving his combatant comptetior forward, and slicing at his shoulder blade frontier. Nearly hitting the bone, blood excerted upon the surface as the Jedi Knight came to a stummble.

"Nice.." The Jedi Knight suprisingly complimented the pain gorging attack,as he rushed forward to continue the fight with both hands on the hilt of the blade. Once again the motion of their bodies are their graceful motions kept twirling in circular motion, and backwarding and forwarding at each other-the battle went on. THe intense heat of the blades could be felt breathing on both their face as it crossed each other's face, and collided. Throwing sparks horridiously along the area, rushing from the scene of the crime-the crime continued on. The countering sided blades gracefully motioned to left, and right with the hand construction and action of the hilt many times performing small slices, and near limb-seperation with the help of their incredible lightsaber performence. Suddenly the exceretion of a Force Push came once more from the Dark Sided adversary. Pushing the being toward the ramp, he rolled along the surface between the Rebel defense, and came to a fall.

"Come in Rebel warriors." He commanded, with the following of their motion up the ramp, intetionally kicking the Dark Jdi Knight, as they headed into the interior, hiding from the unignited blade of the lightsaber, which had been extinguished because of the inability to keep it on with his unwilling roll down the ramp. Major Carlos followed them, weilding his gun that he had picked up earlier in the fight just for defensive manners. The pilot quickly rushed to the frontier of the ship, and began launch, heading off the planet's atomsphere, heading toward the heavens where the blockade resided. Sepearting with the previous commands of allowing the Rebels to exit, they headed out of the ambiance of the planet, and yet again within the enviroment of space.

Lumbia took one glance toward the Major, allowing his lips to curl into a sly, yet concerned smile, before he began the tour to the frontier of the ship where the pilot resided. The Major followed, curtiously wondering what he would command, or clam to the pilot. The Major came to a stop, after the thumping of his feet on the hallow surface, glazing at Lumbia, awaiting his vocal cords to exsert human speech.

"I would like you to direct us toward Endor. Set us down far from the village areas, we will need to reside there and rest so I can tell you about the mischevious plans that-" Lumbia came to an abrupt cease, as his iris sliced along the whiteness of his eye, and glared at Major. Probing his mind, his lips curved back into a confident smirk, and stared back down at the pilot, restarting his speech, "-I have heard the DATOR do. I dont think the Major, or the Republic would want to deal with a team such as this. But now I can not tell you, for I need my own rest." Lumbia came to a sheer stop in his voice, and headed slowly toward the crates that he had prevously fought at. Setting himself slowly downward, he came into a meditation enthroned positioned. Crossing his legs over the other, he slowly hovered over the surface, as his eyes came to a cease, and were hidden behind the lids. Meditating, he heard the sounds of commotion about him, as he began healing his wounds and resting silently in this state.

"It'll take about a full day before we arrive." The pilot said, and that was the last word that Lumbia could ever grasp in the meditation state, before the smile curved along his face, breaking the firm stature of it. Resting in the peaceful zone he sunk into his soul, once again potrolling for the vil to arise, and then attack it before it sunk into him as a virus...

A Jedi he was...A Jedi he was...

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-16-2002 09:26 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The ship gusted with a great sense of strenght as it came to a slow, gradual stop upon the surface, near a river bay. Landing onto the ground, the ship imprinted its legs upon the surface, and they had finally arrived.

Lumbia awoke from his peaceful slumber, coming to a landing from his hovering over the surface. In his Indain seating position, he came to a stand gradually, opening his shut eyes. Glaring at the sun that shimmered from the heavens, and peaked through the windows, he heart the sound of chirping birds, and the feet of the fleet excorting each other out the ship, conversating to each other.

Motioning forward, Lumbia began his trail down the ramp, as he watched the Fleet wash up the traditional fash in the lake. Smirking at the enjoyment he caused by his mission fight with Taehun, he continued he motion to a stomp, so he could tell of the story he had featured. The one of DATOR's plan, and how he knew.

Staring at them all as they began drying off, his lips once again crinkled into a smirk. Throwing his head upward, staring at the heavens, his eyes glistered with happiness for the first time in a long time.....

--------------------

"I am here to redeem myself. See, The Fate of the universe lies in my hands! I will take up the challenge!"

-Lumbia Whitfield

Posts: 1143 | From: In space... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Major Carlos Davidov

Broken Back Button

Member # 318

posted 08-16-2002 11:09 PM     Profile for Major Carlos Davidov   Author's Homepage   Email Major Carlos Davidov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Major stepped off the steel ramp and onto the dirt of Endor. The sight before him took away his breath, as well as the rest of his soldiers. The trees were as tall as the buildings on Corellia, the air was full of life and not thin like in the cities or Coronet, sounds of animals can be heard endlessly...

"And I thought Corellia was beautiful..." he whispered. His eyes still fixed on the beautiful scenery, the rebel followed the Jedi. As he walked, he called to his comrades behind him.

"All of you rest, now. But stay alert." he ordered. Carlos sped a little faster after the Jedi and tapped him on the shoulder. "Sir, may I ask of your name?"

--------------------

"I think he's on our side. Yeah I think...oh...no no...he just shot one of my squadmates. Hmm..."

Posts: 10 | From: In the land of cotton... | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-17-2002 01:43 AM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lumbia eyes adjusted toward the heavens, when he felt the sense of pressure on his shoulder. It was light, but it had came clearly from behind. Lumbia's head leisurally motioned, unhastefully-attempting to gain all the air and capture all the sights during his motion. Staring straight toward the being, his lips curved into a slim smirk.

"You may address me as Jedi Knight Lumbia Whitefeild...or you may call me Lumbia. Now get your Rebel Fleet, I must tell them all of this dire situation." Lumbia's eyes drenched along the scene before him, organizing his thoughts of his past expirences on N'hreal. Attempting to create a source of seriousness amoungst the area; as they all crowded around- circling the stomp he sat so comfortablly upon-he calmed his face into a mouth line of grandeur.

"This bane situation that I speak of about DATOR is probably worst then the Imperail. They home a power of Droids which will attempt to overtake all of the galaxy of the control. In the process they will kill you and the Imperail. They will be the only power, and that'd be final."

Lumbia yielded voice came to a cease, as he lingered backward-his lips maturing into a smile that he couldn't hold back. He scanned the quater, inserting all the reacted faces to hsi speech into his mind, for safe keeping before he restarted.

"I offer you my power, in return youhelp me on a goal of my own. I want to bring back order to Yavin, and as you know, is blockaded. I would hope to have you lend yourself in a fight. If we tear through their blockade we will succesfully be able to recruit more Jedi, and build our force to a much higher level. Their Reborn fleet will not have a chance against a fleet of True Jedi. After a month on the rest planet, and recruiting-we will finally be prepared for the fight to conquer the Imperail."

His voice once again came to a cease, shifting his eyes with the twitch of his brain from side-to-side, gazing at the faces that exposed puzzlement, or disagreement. Before they could open their mouths, his voice once again avowed loudly, and sternly.

"You may ask how we could have such power to defeat a blockade or defense of the magnitude of the Imperail. We gain allies of planets. Help them in their mission, and they will to ours. As you all may know, Urika my home planet need a great amount of rice and other foods, which the war with Ruirka is now mostly about. Their army is very feirce in Teskan Art, if we do this, we will gain their trust and help. They could surley help us int his war on ground. If we can import them upon the surface, they could take out enough Reborn's for me to get to the Praxuem Base."

Lumbia's lip curved into a sly smile, as he thought of the Praxuem Base-knowing he didn't have the immeditate directions, but the task to get those wouldn't be hard at all, if he went through the right process. Clutching his fist and slamming it down as the chatter began, becconing their attetion, he once again resumed.

"Along with their army, we can gain trust of the Ewoks here, and attain some of their melee weaponary. We will give these melee weapons to our Teskan Artist of Urika, giving us more of a edge in combat. Giving that I know a bit of Ewok, I think I can talk them into a alligence. Another army which is essentail to tearing through their blockade is the planets that we have helped thorought the time the Republic was strong...So is their any questions?"

[ 08-17-2002 02:47 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Major Carlos Davidov

Broken Back Button

Member # 318

posted 08-18-2002 07:31 PM     Profile for Major Carlos Davidov   Author's Homepage   Email Major Carlos Davidov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The major scratched his chin. "You mean to lead an all-out assault on an Imperial blockade with this broken down freighter, us being supported by an army carrying mere melee weapons, rescue some Jedi, and somehow bring victory to the galaxy?" Carlos looked at Lumbia, as if deciding whether he's crazy or not.

After awhile, the rebel laughed. "Alright, I'm in. We still have that freighter's blockade codes in its databanks, and a workable comm system. But...there is something I want from all this."

Carlos stepped closer to the Jedi. "As soon as we rescue the Jedi and free your planet, the first Republic planet we will liberate will be Corellia. Understood?" He waited for the Jedi's answer.

--------------------

"I think he's on our side. Yeah I think...oh...no no...he just shot one of my squadmates. Hmm..."

Posts: 10 | From: In the land of cotton... | Registered: Aug 2002  |  Logged: 68.50.185.134
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 08:08 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lumbia smirked toward the Major, and motioned his hand about slowly, and gradually a linkage between him in and the Major became apparant.

"I wouldn't suggest underestimate me. We will have an enormous amoung of ships my friend. Dont think the Mind Trick of the Jedi comes in handy, hmmm?"

He stated, crossing the path of the Major's mind, as he only nodded back with his lips curling into a smirk. Quickly the linkage broke, and Lumbia replied

"Of Course, but I suggest we land on their moon before we completely attack. I dont think they have a blockade around that planet, and it'll give us a change to see how their blockade shift is organized."

[ 08-18-2002 08:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Admiral Actar

aka Anakin

Member # 38

posted 08-18-2002 11:21 PM     Profile for Admiral Actar   Author's Homepage   Email Admiral Actar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back on Coruscant....

The young lieutenant came to a stiffly-saluted halt before Admiral Actar, not daring to move or shift his eyes from where they were fixed on a place somewhere off to the left side of his head. Actar gave a brief returning salute, and looked at him with quiet meaning.

"Yes, Lieutenant," was all he said and then became quiet to hear what the young man would say.

The lieutenant straightened further. "Sir!" he said crisply. "We have received an incoming transmission from the old Imperial post on Endor. It would seem..."

In a smooth rush of words he proceeded to inform the Admiral of goings on regarding a planet which was one of the highest concerns of Actar, and coming from, of all places, the least.

Actar frowned when he finished, then dismissed him. He then called up Swatzi on his personal comm, and passed the information along that he had heard, ending with orders succinct and clear.

"Send an additional full garrison of Reborn to Yavin IV, and a full wing of Blackline, but have them lay low. In the meantime, sweep up the Jedi there, and send them to--"

On the other end, Swatzi nodded as the orders came into his ears. At length Actar fell silent, and Swatzi only nodded once again.

Then, "It shall be as you order, Admiral," he replied and closed the commlink.

In moments more, the orders were given.

And in a matter of mere hours, completely carried out... and in the greatest of secrecy.

Actar smiled to himself, then continued about his business of running the Empire he was building up with astonishing rapidity.

--------------------

Anakin

Posts: 146 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.206
LumbiaSith

Padawan

Member # 250

posted 08-18-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for LumbiaSith   Author's Homepage   Email LumbiaSith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lumbia's eyes without notice of the fleet about him fell to a close. Concealing his hazel nut colored eye's, his hands rose. The sole of a foot could be heard from his ear creeping from toward the area slowly. Crunching the fallen leafs from the high oak-like trees. Lumbia took an abrupt jump off the stomp, and as swiftly as he moved upward he came down shifting himself before a creature. Her hair was green, and neatly set to gorge her face with the sense of beauty and youth, while her clothing was unfashioned to the modern Galaxy. Attire in brown over shirt, cut through the middle to expose her yellow shirt, and had a long skirt made of the over shirt materail. She seemed like a native because of her clothing fit the creatira of someone who lived in the waeathers that a Ewok did. The Human Native snarled and stepped back, slowly manuevering her hands about.

"Excuse me, but exactly who are you?" Lumbia cogitate, staring at the lady who only stared back with her sly green eyes, crossed with anger.

She fell silent until a quick screech came from her voice, and the sound of feet could be heard sprouting about the fleet. Rushing from side to side, they were all attired in similar fits, and of different sexs. Flooding around like water, they all put up their melee weapons, pointing them toward their adversaries.

"I dont want to be rude, but I may ask again-who are you?" He inquired suprisingly calmer then hte previous once, and in a near whisper.

"Someone that will kill you if you move any closer." She replied, her voice stern-showcasing her strong feminine personality. She digged her foot into the ground, and threw up a spear. Whirling it around in her palm she pointed the end toward the face of the man.

"Dont move..." She simply stated.

The Jedi didn't aprove,and he quickly flinched to show his disagreement, and before she could strike he leaped over, placing his foot on her head, and shifting his momentum into her. Throwing her toward the ground, digging her face through the dirt he slide along the ground.

"Fleet, move into the ship, and attempt to avoid all attacks. I feel a disturbance in the force. It is flowing through my veins like the Force itself. Put the Coordinates to Kashyyyk ." Lumbia commanded, as the Major and its fleet picked up its laid weapons and shot. Aiming past the humanoids, they scattered away-adventuring out of harms way.

Lumbia rushed forward toward the woman who still was left off balance, attempting to regain it. Kicking the spear from her hand, he stepped on it, crunching it under his feet. Interjecting an enormous amount of the Force within the strenght of his feet, he projected himself into the heavens. Falling on the heaven-heading ship, he placed his feet on the ramp as it came into a close. Sliding along the ground, he stared at the others. As the ship headed toward the planet, Lumbia smirked at the window at the girl who screeched out, and went diving into the water, heading back to their orgination.

[ 08-19-2002 04:33 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by LumbiaSith ]

--------------------

-Lumbia Whitfield

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 09-04-2002 12:48 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Please follow Lumbia and Davidov into the Pledge of Kashyyk thread in this forum, thank you.))

[ 09-04-2002 12:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 09-04-2002 12:57 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somewhere in Hyperspace...

Rathal leaned back in the co-pilot seat of the vessel, and fixed Aaron with a 'you must be kidding me' look. What the hell did he look like the com number directory. Rathal scowled, but quickly corrected himself, there was money on the line here. Smiling indulgently at Aaron Rathal said, "Why don't you tell me who this Davidov is and why he cant't be readily found. That should be good enough for starters. Then I'll see what I can do in the way of tracking him down, sir." Jonovar allowed a hint of smugness to sneak into his smile.

[ 09-04-2002 01:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-04-2002 12:58 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron glanced over at Rathal, a bit more suspiciously than he probably should have, given the situation. Then his brainwaves formed a thought he figured he actually agreed with.

The guy is right under your nose, remember? If you are gonna use his skills in all this, you are eventually going to have to tell him some things. Then watch him like a hawkbat. That's the only way you'll ever truly know if the guy is a spy or not anyway...

"Davidov is the commander of a Rebel task force," Aaron said simply. "Rebels, if they are smart ones anyway, move around quite alot."

Aaron leaned back in his seat and put his hands behind his head, waiting to see what wisdom Rathal might have to offer to this.

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 09-04-2002 12:59 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Difficult, but he had found freedom fighters in the past and he had no reason to believe this one was going to be any more difficult to find. Esspecially since he went to a planet as cut-off as Endor.
"Well there are not many space ports on endor, we might start by doing a bit of sniffing around there, seeing if anyone saw him go in or out. Once we have a vague idea of were he is we could probably sift through a couple of the local information brokers and if possible make inquiries in the more "private" circles on endor," Rathal paused, hoping that all of this stuff existed on this planet and that it was not some how an exception to the great laws of the universe, "Wherever you go, there will always be organised crime." Rathal looked over at Barnes before contiueing "If that doesn't work we can try to flush him out into the open. There are a lot of ways to do that, trust me." he smiled wryly at Aaron, "Boss."

Then Jonovar relaxed in the seat, he was going to get a few 'Z's before they hit Endor. He couldn't help but hope this was an open and shut deal, but he had the irrepressible feeling that it most certainly was not.

--------------------

Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-04-2002 07:37 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Jedi Star Fighter laid motionless out of the atomsphere of Druckenwell, still contimplating in what way he could find this man. Suddenly a thought went popping in his head, and he began clicking along the database keyboard control panel. As two physical/vocal response holograms popped up, it was a screen of the Bounty's out at that very moment. Placing his hands along the keys, he moved the bar downward looking through the numerous of names. Suddenly came the name Terrin Danner, where a profile was kept to help anyone with finding and destroying this creature of the human race.

"I got it. I think we could probably find some good links toward Terrin Danner, like the high team of the Enterprise. That way we could somehow ask them where Terrin Danner is, or lead us to 'em. This would do wonders if to come out as planned." The young pale vanilla haired boy abnormally announced to himself in a serious tone, when normally a subject such as that magnatuide would quickly throw him off his feet by his intelligence. Yet this time maturity had truly grasped the situation, from the voice tone to the concealment of his happiness. It also mad him angry, as he thought he would do such a thing, but now he noticed that he didn't know himself fully.

Shaking it off, he began moving his fingers along the Enterprises Board of Directors files, and found someone by the name of Aaron. He seemed to be a good friend of Terrin Danner so it would seem that he could be a nice link to him.

Moving along the stars he began his way on the trail of the Aaron guy, maybe this hunting stuff would lead him to a Bounty Hunter Job.

Hey it could happen... He thought..

It would be hard finding this guy, specially since he probably wasn't in any ship alone, knowing a Bounty was on his head at the same time. Jamel innocently stared at the stars before he headed in hyperspace, heading toward one of the shipyards that'd lead him toward Aaron. As a sudden acking pain came to his head he stopped abruptly, exiting hyperspace, suprisngly far from his destination.

"This is only a trick. That man just wants me to do his dirty work. Forget him, Im going to take this Starfighter and leave myself..." He told himself silently, as an agreeing beep came from his astronmech droid, and they headed toward any planet he could think of for a quick rest

[ 09-04-2002 08:01 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Jamel Garth ]

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Jamel Garth

LumbiaSith
Member # 336

posted 09-04-2002 08:02 PM     Profile for Jamel Garth   Author's Homepage   Email Jamel Garth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((OOC: Follow Jamel into another thread that will be revealed later....))

--------------------

"The Castle in the Sky.."-Jamel Garth

Posts: 117 | From: Somewhere in the Galaxy | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.213.76.134
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-10-2002 09:21 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron had been sitting back in the pilot's seat lazily, watching the controls occassionally just in case something happened. But then, he was just being oversuspicious. There was no way anyone could track this ship; it was registered as an Imperial Lambda-class shuttle called the Reckless Abandon, an Imperial ship that did indeed exist, and whose emissions profile had been stolen and planted onboard Aaron's own lamby the Raptor via the emissions overlay technology. To the outside Universe, this little Lamby WAS the Imperial Lambda-class shuttle the Reckless Abandon--and nothing else but that.

At last, the shuttle's controls came to life, indicating imminent reversion into realspace. Aaron sat up and became fully alert, listening to the count-down, reaching out to play his hands across the controls.

In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Slowly, starlines faded back into stars, and the Reckless Abandon achieved orbit around the forest moon of Endor. Aaron grimaced as he recalled some of the stories he'd heard from the days of the rebellion concerning this planet; of Ewoks and forests and booby traps...

He just really wasn't looking forward to this.

Strange place for a rebel leader to assemble his troops...

Aaron punched a few more controls, dropping the Abandon out of orbit, and heading towards the atmosphere of Endor.

If they were going to do this, they might as well get it over with...

[ 09-10-2002 09:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.157.94
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 09-10-2002 11:20 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sky was dimming as the night drew near when the Lamda class ship landed smoothly on the backwater planet. Rathal was hungry and tired, he NEVER slept well in ships and always woke up more tired than before he had gone to sleep. His legs were numb and would eat bantha dung at this point. He moaned, and emerged from the ship, followed by Aaron.

"Listen bud, we need to find a place to get some food and to rest, we can start looking for your rebel in the mornin, ok?"

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-11-2002 01:40 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron had to admit, after a space flight a bit of food did sound good. But sleep?

With one eye open, maybe...

Aaron was beginning to wonder, however, where they would find either on this backwater planet. Aside from Ewoks and Marauders, there really wasn't much civilization on this rock. Ewoks were just too primitive to even deal with, and Marauders, though Aaron had dealt with them before successfully, tended to be more distrustful than even he was.

And gods knew they didn't want to run into any of the mystical Tulgah witches he had heard rumors about...

If this wasn't business, Aaron knew he certainly wouldn't be here.

"Better get some camping equipment from the ship before we go," Aaron observed. "Don't think we'll be finding much in the way of accomadations, unless you wanna try the local Ewok village. And as for dinner...

...as much as I hate to say it, a ration bar or two seem to be a good possibility..."

[ 09-11-2002 01:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 09-11-2002 04:14 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rathal chuckled as he padded across the clearing, carying some equipment he had taken out of the ship.

"There has got to be sombody on this planet that would has a decent meal to give, someone who is over three feet tall and doesnt look like a teddy bear that is." Rathal said to Aaron then he continued on in a joking manner, "Here I always heard you were well connected."

Rathal drooped his load and flopped down beside it, trying to work out how the shelter thingy worked.

--------------------

Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-12-2002 09:20 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron cocked a suspicious eyebrow in Rathal's general direction, but then he forced himself to relax.

"Well, just maybe there is someone out there. But I can't garantee what kind of company we will be finding ourselves in if I go that route," Aaron said.

Then he grinned. "Someone does owe me a sweet deal on a ship from here however...

...and the Marauders are just the sort of people to have some nice corvettes. And they just might be able to point us in the right direction concerning our Commander friend."

Grinning even wider, he motioned Rathal to put the camping equipment away. "I think I'm going to call in a favor, buddy. Let's get some food and sleep."

And maybe a sweet deal on a ship while we are at it...

--------------------

Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 09-15-2002 02:03 AM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lt. Finn Caglion stared at his "supper" suspiciously. Three days chained to a cave wall, and he still hadn't eaten. Puke-green grool swarming with flies wasn't going to stay down anyway.
This sure ain't no Jedi prison...he mused. Then again, maybe being treated like an animal was better than being strung along by a Jedi witch. Every once in awhile he wondered whatever happened to Clara. Then he'd kick himself for it.

The Major had to be wondering what had happened to him by now. Finn was known for hauling off on his own for a joyride in his beat-up but beloved X-Wing, but it wasn't common for him to get lost more than a day.

Marauders weren't much better than pirates, but at least they weren't human pirates. Finn hated human pirates more than he hated the Imperials... if that were possible. Sometimes that ticked the Major off, especially when his boss traded with pirates for weapons and ships. The Major learned pretty quickly to leave Finn in his cockpit and out of the negotiating process.

Why the Marauders were keeping him alive was a mystery. Caglion didn't have anything the Marauders wanted, near as he could tell. But the Major had gained quite a rep recently...

[ 09-15-2002 02:09 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Finn Caglion ]

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.107.218
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-16-2002 11:02 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After a bit of a walk, Aaron and Rathal made their way to the cave dwelling of the Marauders, a suspicious bunch of alien pirates. After a bit of an argument with the guards at the entrance, Aaron was able to convince the leader that he knew their King, a very disreputable character named Kerat. A group of about three guards led Aaron and Rathal into the cave dwelling of the group through several winding corridors. At length they reached a throne room where a very tall and imposing alien sat at the throne.

The alien, known by the Marauder clan as King Kerat, wore a long sleeved robe made of heavy brown material. The robe reached all the way to the floor and was held in place by a wide deep brown band around his waist. On his chest he wore a light gold chest plate, and on each forearm he wore gold bands to match. His hair was white and straight, flowing from a receding hairline to his shoulders. His features were that of a humanoid with a wider top lip than a human and a much flatter nose. His cheekbones were angular, and his eyes rested deep in their sockets, blazing brown. They were protected by bushy white eyebrows.

He stood from his throne and came to greet Aaron, extending a hand. Aaron accepted it. "King Kerat, it's been a long time," he said simply.

Kerat replied in a deep yet raspy voice. "But has it been long enough?"

Aaron didn't flinch at the question; it was typical for a Marauder to seem somewhat harsh, so he took it in stride. The King meanwhile turned to eyeball Rathal suspiciously. "What brings you here?"

"This is Jovonar Rathal, an employee of mine," Aaron answered. "We're looking for a rebel Major who may have been in these parts. Didn't know if you might have any connections."

The King seemed to consider. "Perhaps we do, perhaps we don't."

Aaron held back the sigh that he would have loved to let loose at this point.

Damn the Marauders and their suspiciousness! They were worse than any human could ever be!

Then Kerat continued with: "Where's that Danner guy you used to work with? I always liked him..."

Aaron had to work really hard to keep from rolling his eyeballs.

Kerat liked Terrin because Terrin was able to achieve the impossible: Prove that he could be more suspicious than even a Marauder. The first time they'd dealt with these guys, Terrin had just begun to set up camp when he spotted a Marauder guard checking out the Eagle. The ship was his pride and joy at the time, and so he quite logically jumped to the conclusion that the Marauder was planning on stealing his ship. Terrin had the guy pinned down with a blaster trained on him before he realized that the guard was merely their contact.

Aaron always suspected Terrin's suspiciousness was the only reason the Marauders ever agreed to deal with them. Terrin had been able to establish a comradarie with the King based on their shared...suspicion...of everyone else in the Universe.

"Terrin's off working on another tough deal," Aaron answered, skirting the issue more than just a little bit. Kerat cocked his head and arched an eyebrow, opened his mouth to say something, and then thought better of it.

"We shall dine on our finest food and wine and discuss your needs," Kerat said, motioning Aaron and Rathal to follow him as he headed for the corridors.

Aaron shrugged to Rathal and mouthed, "Who knows where this will lead us..."" Then he turned and followed the Marauder King.

[ 09-16-2002 11:05 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 09-17-2002 05:32 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hunger pains cramped his stomach, dizziness threatened his consciousness, so Finn Caglion took another look at the slop bowl beside him, dimly lit by the few glow crystals and single torch on the cave wall he was chained to. One arm was fastened to the cave wall, his legs and the other arm left moveable as far as the longer chain would reach, enough for him to eat, relieve himself and whatever else basic survival required. Out of the corner of his vision, a small lizard crawled across his leg and rested near his freer hand. Raw lizard seemed more appetizing than green glop to his desperate stomach, but he was too slow to catch it, and the creature skirted off to the rocks consumed in shadow behind him.
Damn, and I’m losing my reflexes too.

Finn was a pilot, and like all Corellian pilots, prided himself on the ability to react faster than his brain could contemplate action. Despite actually being born on a luxury spacecruiser rather than Corellia, he was Corellian by heritage, at least on his mother’s side. What he was on his father’s side was anyone’s guess, presumably human, but sometimes others questioned that presumption based on his appearance. At around 30 standard human years, Finn might be considered handsome by bone structure and build, but other features drew different opinions. His skin was without pigment, appearing ghostly - a freakish pale that displayed a bluish hue in moonlight. His tousled hair, longer on top, buzzed around the neck and ears and slightly spiked, appeared silvery-white, except for a 2 centimeter band of jet black in his bangs. The oddest feature he carried were his shocking eyes, vivid with pigment that changed colors to match his emotions. Against the pale background of his face and hair, his irises glowed like navboard indicators, rendering him unable to hide feelings easily.

At the moment, however, they were a muddy brown to match dulled senses. Senses that once took high sim score in Rogue Squadron tryouts, and shot more than a few enemies into oblivion.

The pilot had to laugh at himself. His path had veered considerably from its originally charted course after flight academy. Despite his skill, a Jedi commander refused his acceptance into Rogue Squadron, all because of a setup. Spice was found in his cockpit during post-drill maintenance, and Finn knew who’d planted it. Both students were expelled from tryouts, and the Jedi commander admitted Finn’s innocence. Still he cut Finn from the elite squad because of his “ability to make a comrade an enemy”, something the commander would not have on his team. Naturally Finn felt cheated… he never prompted his rivals hatred, other than being a better pilot.

Finn proceeded to take his rage over the incident out on the Jedi… by joining Peace Brigade, an organization feigning defense of the New Republic’s interest in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion by rounding up Jedi for the aliens. But his illustrious career as a Peace Brigader was cut short after a mission to chase Jedi escaping into the Unknown Regions landed him a prisoner of his prey. Never believing Caglion was truly bad at heart, the Jedi won him over as part of their group, and temporary consort of the clan’s female leader.

The end of that affair sent him back to the Core after the Vong were pushed back. It was there that jobless Finn met Major Carlos, looking for a few sharp pilots. After such an adventurous life, rotting in a Marauder prison after crash-landing on Endor seemed a ridiculous way to burn out.

That thought made the pilot reach for the slop after all. Before he could scoop a handful into his mouth, a voice spoke to him from the shadows.

“I know you don’t want to eat that.” The figure shuffled closer, into the dim light. One of the Marauder guards stood before him with a blaster in one hand and a satchel in the other. He tossed the satchel to Finn, who slowly opened it. An assortment of fruit, nuts, bread and a slice of cooked animal meat wafted heavenly scents to his nostrils. At first he thought he was delusional, but the taste of a berry bursting on his tongue verified the food was either real or he’d died and gone to the Other Side.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.7
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-18-2002 01:11 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron was in the middle of enjoying a fairly decent meal when his commlink, which was untraceable by all outside sources, went off. He grimaced, putting down the juicy cut of meat he was about to sink his teeth into. He looked apologetically to King Kerat.

"You will excuse me for a moment? Business calls."

The King nodded just once, his look completely inscrutable. Aaron shot a look over to Rathal, who hadn't said a word but seemed to enjoying dinner well enough, then he stood, heading out into the corridor.

He unclipped his commlink from his belt and pushed the "accept" button. "This is Captain Aaron Barnes. This better be good, considering the manner of the company I just had to excuse myself from."

"Captain, this is Taylor Garrison."

Aaron frowned. Now, what the kriffing Hell was his right-hand guy doing sending him a personal comm? This did not sound good. "Go ahead," he replied instead.

"We recieved a request for a holo-transmission with our Senior Maintainance official. The transmission was traced to a ship owned by an assasin by the name of Shidima Alkin. We haven't been able to establish what he's after and have gotten next to no information from our big-mouth, but I thought it was rather suspicious."

"I assume our friend is being detained?"

"Yes sir. And will shortly be permanantly discharged as well."

"Good work. Keep on it and see what this Alkin is after. I don't like the sounds of this though. Keep me informed, ok?"

"You got it Boss. Garrison out."

[ 09-18-2002 01:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Mara1Jade ]

--------------------

Rathal

Member # 220

posted 09-18-2002 08:07 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rathal hardly noticed his boss take his call, he was to preoupide with thier hosts. These Marauders put him on edge, he always had been edgy aroud space pirates and thier fierce apearance didn't help any. Not to mention the fact that they all had an uncanny resemblance to his former tutor, a man he was less than fond of. Still the grub was good and better yet free. Jonovar leaned back and took another sip of his drink, he would have to wait and see what happend.

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 09-19-2002 11:53 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pausing between gulps of real food and fresh water brought by the Marauder guard, Finn managed a gracious "Thank you." The Marauder just stood there while the pilot finished eating.

The sleeve of Finn's flight jacket came up to wipe his mouth after the last swig of water. His eyes regained luster, changing to a warm orange. He stared at his captor, wondering what he would do next, but the alien just stood there.

"So... why the sudden mercy?" Finn asked.

"Because you were not eating," the guard replied simply. "The king does not want you dead. Yet."

Finn wondered why, but figured the guard would not reveal the bulk of their plans just yet.

"The food is from the king's feast," the guard continued. "There are two humans who have joined him." Before Finn could ask, the guard added, "No, they are not from your clan, not your Major."

Again the Marauder's motives puzzled Finn. He wasn't surprised they knew where he came from or that his superior was a major. They undoubtedly ransacked his fighter and hacked through the logs. Finn was always careful not to mention Carlos' name on the comm, but references to 'Major' were occasionally made.

"Why are you telling me this?" Finn inquired, scratching his head with his free hand.

The Marauder smiled in a mischievous and somewhat sinister grin. "I thought we might make a small bargain..."

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.107.146

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e