my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Endor's Finest (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Endor's Finest
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 09-29-2002 10:09 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron returned to the King's feast, his mind far from eating now.

"We need to get right down to it," he said to the King directly, really hoping he wasn't coming off too offensive. "I have some...business problems...which might be needing more of my attention shortly.

The King cocked his head, "Allright then, Barnes," he said at length.

"You said you had a possible link to Davidov?"

The King's look turned devilish. "How much will you pay for what I know? This one'll cost you, my friend."

Aaron had to fight with himself to not roll his eyes. "10,000," he said, cringing at the words.

If Terrin knew about this he'd kill me. Bargaining before knowing the true value of the goods. Yeesh...

"No, no, Barnes, you misunderstand. Credits don't do alot of good in the forest."

"Ah," Aaron said quietly, nodding in understanding. "Top of the line...freighter...sound good?"

"A yacht," the Marauder King insisted.

Aaron cringed inwardly again. Terrin would really kill me...

"Allright, deal is done. So what have you got for me? And this had better be good."

The King stood, motioning Aaron to follow. Aaron turned to Rathal, who was still enjoying his meal, and shot him a look that read "get moving." Then, without another word, the King led them down to the Marauders rather touching example of prisoner hospitality where they met a prison guard. The King addressed him directly. "Go retrieve the prisoner. These fine men want to make us an exchange..."

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza
"We don't need no stinkin' Jedi!" ~~Jasyn
"Never trust a scoundrel."~~Aaron Barnes

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.209
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 09-30-2002 12:08 AM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Bargain?" Finn laughed. "How could I possibly have something you want? You guys have already ransacked my ship. That's all I got."

The guard clicked his fingernails together in a nervous habit. "I have traveled," the guard explained. "Before this, before I was injured by a vibroblade in the knee, I was a bodyguard for King Kerat. On his ship came many visitors... traders, pirates, information brokers. One such man spoke of a pale human with changeling eyes who once lived among Jedi. These Jedi explored the Unknown Regions and mapped their discoveries. Maybe you know of this map or some of it's features?"

Caglion was struck by the guard's command of Standard, and caught off guard by his request. Naturally, Finn played stupid. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied with his best Sabaac face. "I'm a pilot, see? I don't know any Jedi, at least not personally. And I've never been to the UR. It'd be suicide for a human to travel out there."

The guard studied Finn's eyes, which somehow managed to remain a neutral shade of pale yellow. Caglion had been practicing interrogation survival since working with Davidov. He silently hoped to survive this one.

What appeared to be a frown creased the Marauder's brow. A slow breath escaped as the guard turned in disappointment, which Finn could not decipher as real or bluff. "I will not be responsible for what happens to you from this moment on," the guard added over his shoulder as he turned to leave.

Feeling desperate, Finn wondered if he could create enough noise to draw attention from the mystery visitors the guard spoke of. He could yell at the top of his lungs or bang the slop bowl against his chain, but Caglion didn't know how deep in the cave he was or how far the party guests actually were from him.

Mumbled conversation in a foreign tongue was heard in the shadows... two voices, the guard and another Marauder. Both guards appeared from the darkness and stopped in front of the pilot. The new guard slapped a petrified knotwood club with his long, clawed hand, in a threatening manner. Finn instinctively covered his head for protection, suddenly finding the other guard laughing at him and moving to unlock his bonds.

Unshackled, the guard lifted Finn and braced him as the human regained ability to stand on his feet.

"This is your lucky day, human," the guard huffed. "Your presence is requested at the King's feast. Another bargain has been made. But... if you suddenly remember a trip you made to the UR, perhaps Kerat would make it worth your while."

"I'll keep that in mind," Finn smirked, grateful for his release, but at the same time afraid he might be jumping from the pan to the fire, depending on the identity of the mystery guests.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.78
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 09-30-2002 05:57 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A YACHT...

Barnes was giving them a YACHT! Maybe this guy wasn't as tough as he pretended to be, Jonovar shook his head, he should have negotiated that dubious "pay increase" because this Aaron guy was looking like more of a pushover by the minute. Still he had better start earning his keep because if he didn't then there was going to be no pay increase, infact Barnes might try to take the price of the yacht out of his sallery. Rathal shuddered at the thought of that, no way was he gonna let it happen. So wheels began to spin in the bounty hunter's head, perhaps there was a way he could make up for the loss of the yacht. Still, Aaron gave it up willingly and without consulting him it was none of his buisness what chips his boss wanted to bargain with. Nonetheless he was going to start having to pull his own wieght in the future, this Davidov guy hadn't been found yet. Rathal sped up his gait, so that he was walking next to Barnes and whispered, "Are you sure whoever we are going to get knows about this Davidov guy? More importantly if he is some kind of rebel wouldn't the impys be looking for him, because if they are looking for him they sure as heck are going to check here and when they check here are you sure you wanna be on the 'guest list'?" he paused allowing his point to sink in, "Perhaps you should fingure some way to ensure that these guy's keep their mouths shut... I'm know buisnessman but I'm pretty sure you don't wanna be on the wrong side of the impy's unless it's absolutely nessesary."

--------------------

My Characters: Rathal, Narcolm, Freedon Naad

"You'll never see the end of the road while your traveling with me."

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Aldrei Ijufan

Broken Back Button

Member # 360

posted 10-01-2002 05:50 PM     Profile for Aldrei Ijufan   Author's Homepage   Email Aldrei Ijufan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The "Soulforge" popped out of hyperspace in orbit around the jungle world of Endor. The craft's ominous form drawing ever nearer to the green world. Only a few moments later the remaing pirate fleet leapt into view behind the large star destroyer.

"Endor, a rich world of flora and fauna, inhabited by strange plush creatures that remind me of the dolls I slept with as a child," Kal's voice said over the com, his voice an egsagerated imitation the cliche nararator that is so common in holo documentaries. Kal's voice was sharp and dynamic, he would have made a great comedian were his jokes any good.

"Are you sure this is worth the trip," said another, softer, voice over the comm.

Aldrei smiled at her friend's characteristic cynisism, "Alda, we talked this over before, the Marauders are skilled pilots and if we could recruite some of them to man our ships all the better. You don't seem to realise how short staffed we are. Besides even if we can't get pilots, they have a vast resource of smaller vessels we could err..." she grinned wryly, "apropriat."

"Still, I don't trust them. Nothing they do ever smells right." Aldla bit her lip, realising that she had just given Kal the perfect setup for another stupid joke.

"Well, they dolive in the jungle, so you can't blame them for not showering much." Kal said, not letting her down.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love your sense of humor," Aldrei sighed, her voice driping with sarcasm.

Kal was preparing some witty retort when a navigator broke in, "We have settled in orbit around Endor, what next boss?"

Aldrei frowned, what next indeed... Truth be told she hadn't really thought out a way to contact the Marauder King, she certainly hadn't thought out a way to get the nessesary pilots. She did this a lot, going in to a situation with an intent but no clear way to acomplish it. Still, she had to say somthing, "Alright," she began, keeping her voice level, "Get a lamda ready, I'm going down to the planet's surface."

"Yes boss," came a reply, "just one thing, shouldn't you bring someone with you?"

"Oh, yeah... I said that right?" she said, trying to mask the fact that she had forgotten. She was unused to scouting, her former carrier involved doing very little of that, but this was piracy and it was a whole different ballgame. She ran her mechanical hand through her hair, itching the back of her skull.

"I suppose you did boss," cracked the comm, "So I'll get a lamda ready and find a couple a' guys to go with ya, right?"

"Yep," she responded, getting out of her seat and heading, at a liesurely pace, down to the docking bay. No doubt everything would be ready when she arrived.

--------------------

"Theft is such a negative word..."

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 152.163.188.199
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-07-2002 12:35 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Caglion was led to the awaiting guests, and more than a little relieved to see they were human. Two human males, looking suspiciously like pilots, affiliation unclear, looked him over.

Standing before them with the guards and blasters still at his back, Finn waited to be spoken to first. The thought of perhaps being returned to a more hospitable civilization excited him, but he didn't want to get his hopes up prematurely.

And he REALLY hoped they weren't pirates...

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.7
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-08-2002 10:58 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron turned and eyed Rathal suspiciously. "What the Impys don't know won't hurt them," he said under his breath. He wasn't really sure if Rathal heard him or not. "And these guys will keep their mouths shut. They'd trust a rock before an Imperial--remember they were here when the Endor moon was used as a base for the shield generator to the Death Star. And we are gonna be out of here shortly."

Aaron halted at that, eyeing this new guy that the guards had finally brought to them.

Who the heck WAS this guy? This was Kerat's mysterious link to Davidov?

This deal was getting worse all the time...

And he'd given up a YACHT for this guy?! Terrin would SO kill him...

Aaron crossed his arms and ignored whatever look he might be getting from Rathal, eyeing the prisoner once again. "I hear you have some knowledge regarding a Major Carlos Davidov," Aaron started, his brown eyes still clearly reading suspicion. "Being a prisoner on a Marauder base can't be all that pleasant. Tell me where I might find this Major fellow and I might be willing to make it worth your while..."

[ 10-08-2002 11:00 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Crew currently consists of Aaron Barnes, Taylor Garrison, Jasyn Lancaster, and Matt Stanza

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-08-2002 04:28 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This guy had it it all wrong, the people he should be bribing he was growling at and the people he should be doing his damnedest to intimidate he was bribing. Still this prisoner could be just the link they needed, though it occured to him that this guy wasn't going to drop the proverbial dime very readily. A guy like this was going to be a tough nut to crack, anyone who could endure in a these conditions had to be.

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-08-2002 06:04 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pausing a moment, trying to get some clue as to who these flyboys were, Finn turned to the one addressing him with a blank look. "You're right, being in a Marauder prison isn't like vacationing on Mon Cal. The food's much better and there isn't all that lousy sunlight," he snickered. "So I'd love to hear your offer, but I'm afraid I can't help you. I don't know what the king told you, but you got the wrong guy, pal. Never heard of a Carlo Davinoff." He glanced at the other guy, who seemed impatient, yet not surprised by Finn's response.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 12.2.142.7
Rathal

Member # 220

posted 10-10-2002 06:08 PM     Profile for Rathal   Author's Homepage   Email Rathal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rathal shrugged, he had anticipated this guy's response so he was not particularly shock. After all what use was a soldier who would talk whenever a reward was offered to him. This Barnes guy was not one for negotiations, Jonovar decided, if they were going to get anywhere they were going to get anywhere he was going to have to do the talking, atleast for now. Rathal stepped foward, coming close to the prisoner and then began talking in a hushed tone so that they would atleast have some semblance of privacy.

"Listen buddy, you seem like a pretty honorable guy. I know how hard it is to languish in prison and I'll bet these Marauder guys were eager to get ya to say anything you knew about anything. Now my guess is you wouldn't even tell them what time it was and while your loyalty is comendable you arn't far from wearing out your welcome. In fact my geuss is that if you don't take us up on our offer you have about three more days before they kill you. Now if you were come with us you would not only get outta here but you would also have a chance to help out your pal Davidov and his err... organisation. If what you are saying is true and you don't know anyhing about this guy you have a free ride off this mud ball of a planet. Either way the best thing you can do is take us up on our offer and if it turns out you remember somthing about Carlos, then perhaps his guys and mine could do some buisness, the nature of which I'd rather not discuss here," he swept his hand around the room, "So whaddaya say pal, you wanna ride outta this bantha stye.

--------------------

Posts: 127 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-10-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The man who took him aside seemed a little more reasonable and a lot more friendly. Still, he was reluctant to betray Davidov's trust. Part of the spirit of rebels, what enabled them to defeat enemies against all odds, was their loyalty to each other. Something the Imps couldn't manage to foster.

This guy couldn't be an Imp, Finn decided. And he definitely had a point... the Marauders might give him one more chance to "remember" his travels to the Unknown Regions, but they weren't known for keeping prisoners around long term. Finn would give up the map location before he'd give up the Major, but preferred not to give anything to the Marauders, stinking devils.

"Alright, if you're willing to get me out of here, I'm willing to be in your debt. But I can't guarantee I have the information you need or want. You have my word I'll find a way to repay you, one way or another."
Being captive on a ship has to be better than remaining captive in a hole like this.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.52
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-19-2002 11:15 PM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron cocked a surprised brow at Rathal.

Jeez, you hire a guy on, take him on a mission to watch him, and he turns into Mr. "I'm going to take over everything."

If it weren't for the fact Rathal might have just saved this mission, Aaron might have actually been mad. Even suspicious. But no time for that now.

"Allright," Aaron said, finally turning his attention to Rathal and...

...whoever exactly this guy was. "We'll bail you out..."
Aaron REALLY hoped this was worth the price he was going to pay...

"...and will be most interested in getting to know you."

With that he turned, waiting for Rathal to continue the pleasantries with their new cargo while he made final arrangements with King Kerat to deliver the yacht he'd promised in exchange for this guy. In no time at all they had left the unpleasant home of the Marauders and made it back to the Raptor where, as Aaron began prepping the Lambda-class ship for departure, he turned to their new "guest."

He actually cut a smile. "Name's Captain Aaron Barnes, part-owner of Eagle Enterprises. This here is Jovonar Rathal," he continued with pointing a thumb in Rathal's direction. "And you would be...?"

He paused at that as he waited, hand extended, to see what the newcomer might do.

[ 10-19-2002 11:17 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Posts: 302 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 65.80.105.86
Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-20-2002 12:10 AM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Caglion hesitated only a fraction of a second, running Eagle Enterprisesthrough his memory banks and coming up with a blank. No sense being rude, since they are rescuing me.

The pilot took Captain Barne's hand and shook firmly. "Finn. Lieutenant Finn Caglion. Please don't ask what I was a Lieutenant of. I'd rather forget, and that information wouldn't buy you a caf on Commenor."

Finn tried very hard to keep his emotions on even keel so his freaky, color-changing eyes would stay a cool greenish-blue. Some people didn't take to his rare mutation very well. He wasn't confident he was succeeding, however.

He brushed a hand through his hair, feeling a bit awkward in his humble position. "I, uh, thank you very much for buying my way out of that Marauder hole. Didn't realize I was worth so much."

Finn broke a smile, hoping the Captain had a sense of humor. People without one were hard to travel with.

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.58
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-20-2002 12:27 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron tried not to stare at Finn's eyes, which were suddenly beginning to shift colors.

Ok, that's odd...

But the guy was obviously nervous; it wasn't too hard to read whether his eyes had a thing to do with it or not.

"I'll be straight with you, Caglion," Aaron started. "I know you are somehow linked with Davidov, and I'm pretty sure how. While there are ways I can confirm that, it'd be best and the most efficient to hear it straight from your mouth." He paused at that, raising both hands. "I know, I know. You probably think I'm after him, connected to the Impys. I promise you it's nothing like that. Far from it, even. If you can tell me where your Major friend is, believe me it will be worth his while as much as yours."

Aaron lowered his hands, and waited to see what Finn might reply.

--------------------

Finn Caglion

Member # 344

posted 10-20-2002 02:31 AM     Profile for Finn Caglion   Author's Homepage   Email Finn Caglion     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok... this guy is Mr. Serious. Finn decided Barnes probably didn't appreciate his beating around the bush.

"Well sir, then I guess it's safe to assume you already know what he's been up to." Finn looked directly at the captain. "Sorry for not being straight with you up front, but understand, I didn't know who you worked for, and I owe a lot to the Major. How did I know you weren't gonna just take your info and run, leaving me to rot down there."

Barnes patiently waited for Caglion to continue, Rathal listening in.

"It's a long story, but the short version is, I wound back on Corellia, I needed a job and the Major needed pilots. I took out my X-Wing after we had a little disagreement, just to relax. Next thing I knew, my nav was totally crossed and I woke up above sphere of this rock. More bad luck... when I came out of hyperspace, a short knocked out my thrusters and my comm. I was at the mercy of the moon's gravity at that point. Hunk of junk. I managed to survive several days on my own, until the Marauder's found me."

Finn hoped he'd given them the kind of info on Davidov they were looking for. It still wasn't too late for Barnes to turn back.

"I'm not sure he's on Corellia anymore," Finn added. "Our disagreement had to do with his wanting to go to some place called N'hreal."

[ 10-20-2002 02:55 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Finn Caglion ]

--------------------

I hate pirates...

Posts: 24 | From: catwmnjedi | Registered: Sep 2002  |  Logged: 63.155.104.58
Terrin's Crew

The Guys

Member # 142

posted 10-21-2002 11:52 AM     Profile for Terrin's Crew   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin's Crew     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaron frowned once again. "Well, chances are that if he's headed for Corellia, Davidov is a dead man. And Nh'real..."

Aaron paused as his bit his lip in thought.

He knew he'd heard that name somewhere before...

Then it hit him. Nh'real. A droid uprising. Seems the new "Empire" took some drastic action on Nh'real by the last reports he'd seen too...

"I don't know about him being on Nh'real either."

With that Aaron reached for the console of the Raptor, tapping it there for a moment as he considered which direction they should go. There simply wasn't a wealth of information on this Davidov guy--something that really impressed Aaron in terms of a good ally. But that really didn't help him find the guy a hell of alot.

One damn good rebel. But there had to be some way to use the...resources...he had now.

And perhaps there was at that. Aaron guided the ship upward, again activating the emissions overlay as he departed, making a hasty escape to hyperspace the moment they were clear of Endor's gravity well.

When all else fails, take what you've got and regroup...

(((OCC: Follow Aaron, Rathal, and Finn to Return to Ground Zero in this same forum. Thank you.)))

[ 10-21-2002 12:14 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin's Crew ]

--------------------

Aldrei Ijufan

Broken Back Button

Member # 360

posted 10-30-2002 03:20 PM     Profile for Aldrei Ijufan   Author's Homepage   Email Aldrei Ijufan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"We would love to offer you our help, my friend" the king of the Marauders said, "but you see you are not the only one who is short staffed. I cannot readily offer you any of my pilots, despite the more than generous sum you propose to pay for the inconviniece. Of course were you to preform a service for us then I would certainly be open to negotiate further,"

"Got anything in particular in mind?" Aldrei asked, it had taken her a long time to get an audience with this guy, his underlings having given her the runaround for quite some time. Once she had finally set up a meeting things weren't much better, Marauders were slippery guys and a real pain to deal with, but that didn't change the fact that they were a sigificant potential resource for her. It was even worth the added agrivation, after all her fleet were sorely in need of pilots.

"Certainly," said the king, "Not long ago a group of people belonging to the Eagle Enterprises organisation departed from this base in my debt. I have reason to believe that they might not be... willing to pay our agreed fee and as such we would like you to ensure that they keep thier end of the bargain. Were you to do this I would be more than willing to hire out a few of my pilots to you."

"Sure, seems easy enough" said Aldrei, "How much do they owe ya."

"Three yachts," lied the king

"Then I can assure you that you will be payed in full," responded the pirate.

--------------------

"Theft is such a negative word..."

Posts: 4 | From: | Registered: Oct 2002  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e