my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Winds of Change (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Winds of Change
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2002 01:33 AM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She stood trembling before him, refusing to let him see the tremors which racked her slight frame, knowing full well how aware he was of them no matter how well she hid the movement beneath the voluminous folds of her cloak, hating herself for his knowledge of her in that regard. Her violet eyes glued themselves steadily to his volcanic ones, one slim hand fisting within the confines of its sleeve, the other reaching out to make an unconscious motion to Recinis, who stood unwavering by her side. All about her, the sith shadows, long residents of this place, sighed and moaned in fitful mockery of her presence, somehow chastising her for her earlier departure, for her distrust in the One who know gazed calmly down upon her.

She could feel his feelings where she stood, and hated herself for that even more.

Gulping a little, she bowed her head before him; then to the amazement of Recinis and the even greater incredulosity of the young jedi hovering in the background, she slowly fell to one knee before the horned one before her, bowing her head until her hair flamed down and entirely hid her face from his view.

But not from his sight.

Silence held sway for a long moment in which she struggled with what she should say. Then she let out a little sigh, and the words quickly followed in its stead.

"Forgive me, my Sire," came the barest of whispers. "I was wrong in how I acted toward you, in the thoughts I held toward you. My anger was great in that I felt I had been deceived by you; indeed, perhaps on one level I had the right to hold that anger against you. But--!"

Now her head came up, and once again she met his eyes with her own. "I have come to know that to act as I did was in response to my own feelings, and not for that of the Greater Good, which is why I am chosen by you. I did not see beyond my own nose; all I could see was a short byway of the path you have placed me upon. A path which I have readily taken; and once cleared of much obscuring overgrowth, one that I adhere to."

She paused a bit, swallowing again, forcing the remnants of her pride down and away, trying to remember all that he had taught her. Much came rushing to the forefront of her mind, bringing with it a coolness to relieve the pain she was feeling at having to humble herself before the great Lord of the Sorcerer Clan of the Sith. Then even that feeling washed away as she realized there was no humility to be dealt with whatsoever.

All for the Greater Good.

She calmed further.

"I need your help, my Sire," she requested softly. "There is one with whom I have allied myself with, whose love needs the assistance of one far stronger than I am."

With that she fell silent, remaining on her knees, letting her mind open itself to the keen blade of Aelvedaar's wisdom and abilities, that he should know everything that had happened to her and her destiny in the short time she had removed herself and her Sister from his protection.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-31-2002 01:42 AM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis stood by Graysiths side, aware of every faulter, and every quiver she made, likewise was he aware that the other within the room noticed them as keenly as did he.
Rrecinis remained pefectly still, though he was sure that this one deserved the respect of him kneeling, he was unwilling to remove himself from the ready position, should anything threated the one he now served.
Listing to what graysith was saying, recinis slowly put the many piecies of the puzzle together, though, now he realized a major piece was missing, he could not figure out what it was, though he knew that something was indeed missing from his knowledge...

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.100
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 07-31-2002 02:10 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I allow myself to smile down upon this One whom I have picked of all the ones in the vastness of all that is, and nod to see her taking yet another forward step in her growth even as I watch. All she has undertaken since her angry leave flashes like lightning through my mind; the love I feel for her swells up unbidden as I realize just who it is for which she seeks my assistance.

Her. The one who implemented events by which the First Child was destroyed. Yet now, when this woman has every opportunity-- indeed, every reason --to kill, she seeks instead to reach out a healing hand.

She claims it for the sake of alliances. I, however, know better; she can hide no secrets from me.

Now I reach out a clawed hand, and slowly cup her face, entwining the locks of her hair between my fingers, allowing myself just a moment to marvel at the wondrous feel of it there, like spider-silk. It flows like my thoughts; with a bit of effort I bring the latter back under control and focus instead on the problem at hand.

"There is no need for apology, my Chosen One," I state lightly, now moving my hand from her face to her arm. There it applies a slight pressure, guiding her back once again upon her feet. "You have grown."

I now turn away from the surprise I see in her eyes, and letting my hand slide down to grasp hers, I then lead her and her new companion past the young jedi who yet hovers at my heels. Together then we go from the receiving room where I have brought my Chosen Daughter ere she had stepped foot back upon this place some would call K'eel Doba. The small smile on my face broadens at the thought of the ease with which she has come here, simultaneous with the dropping of the protective chronotic shield, which nanoseconds later once again formed a protective cover over this capitol city of the Sith.

None would know she was here... as none would know of Phrinnchatka.

Still smiling, I lead the threesome onward, coming at length to the incubator in which the babe yet floats in pre-birth slumber. I wave a hand toward the device; the other slips up to wrap about Graysith's shoulders and hold her tightly to me.

"It is time," I say simply, and press a button on the control panel hidden in a small alcove beside me. The churning sounds of Life fill the room with their robust beauty as, with the music the ocean wave sings upon a beach, the waters within the incubator abruptly descend, carrying the sleeping babe with it until it is gently deposited on the floor of the incubator.

A small door at the base whooshes silently open.

Within, the babe opens startlingly blue eyes. It--no, she, looks about herself, then kicks her tiny feet. Small hands ball into tinier fists, which she tries to stick together into her mouth. She does not succeed very well; eyes like a brilliant spring morning widen in surprise, then turn our way to place uncanny questioning into our midst.

I smile more broadly, and turn from the niece of my love to face her and Recinis and Erik.

"Here is your answer," I tell them quietly. Then I calmly wait for the outburst I am certain is to follow.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Erik Kartan

Corellian Info Smuggler and Pilot

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 09:47 AM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik didn't say anything, but rather stood with his mouth hanging a bit stupidly open. He gazed wide-eyed at the blue-eyed little girl, curious as to where this would go.

How was she the answer? Who was Graysith allied with? What gives here...?

There was something about all this he just didn't get. A piece or two or three or four pieces of the puzzle were missing. Realizing this, Erik resigned himself to waiting, glancing over to Graysith's new companion.

Who the heck was this guy? Where was Shayla?

Returning his gaze to the inquisitive blue eyes of the baby, Erik simply sighed a bit, hoping for some clarification in the matter; though he wouldn't be too surprised if he never quite understood, as this was somehow the norm.

Still, a certain shoulder-imp had it's way in gaining Erik's momentary attention as it very wisely stated, Keep your eyes and ears open, buddy...

[ 07-31-2002 09:48 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 07-31-2002 12:57 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A slight frown comes unbidden to my brow as the silence continues, broken only by the occasional coos and gurgles of the infant still laying on the floor of the device which had sustained her until birth. For a moment I let my gaze turn to the young Jedi; then letting my hand drop from the shoulders of my Chosen One I move forward and carefully scoop the babe into my arms.

She kicks there in delight, gumming her fist, her wide blue eyes taking in more than the merely apparent.

For a moment I content myself with looking down upon her tiny perfection; then I turn to the Jedi and gently offer her into Erik Kartan's arms. His eyes widen a bit at that; they widen further with my next words.

"Silence is oftentimes an acceptable precaution, but nothing can be gained by not voicing questions within one," I say simply, clearly reading the thoughts tumbling about in his head. Then I turn from him, and motioning for the others to follow, lead them onward once again.

They do not hesitate, but follow where I lead. We depart this great temple via an avenue I have not yet revealed to anyone, travelling along a buried byway long forgotten by the Universe. At its end there lies an oval doorway; I lead the group without hesitation through it. We come to a platform of sorts, before which a sleekly strange vehicle awaits. The door in its otherwise featureless surface opens silently; one would never guess it had remained closed for over four thousand years. It closes in equal silence as we enter and seat ourselves therein, and a soft blue light pops on from no one spot, bathing us in its quieting light.

I cannot help but let loose a small chuckle as wonder laced with not a little bit of trepidation rushes through me: it is the transparent emotions of the others, who cannot help their visceral response to unknown Sith technology. "Fear not," I say, and offer no other words than: "This shall take us to our destination."

Even as I speak the car leaps forward; though we do not so much as wiggle as the inertia dampeners kick in, there is still a sense about us of great velocity and great distance being covered. I settle back to wait; the others follow my lead.

Time passes.

At length there is a sense of our slowing, again one we cannot consciously feel but are keenly aware of nevertheless. The door slips open and the blue light fades to black. Tipping my head so my horns will not impact the doorway, I arise and lead the others out of the transportation vehicle.

Before us is the Ch'arlingua spaceport, once the nucleus of the entire galaxy. Devoid of life, its myriad ships remain unaltered, dormant, awaiting their Masters both Sith and otherwise. Indeed, my placing the chronotic shield about Phrinnchatka forced more than my kin to stay here.

I indicate the spaceport with a wave of my clawed hand. "This is Ch'arlingua, and here you will find a transport. Chosen One can only hold two with any degree of comfort, and you have far to go, my friends."

Now I turn to the group, and once more await any forthcoming questions. Even the babe is quiet, as though overcome by awe of this place.

Or perhaps it is an uncanny form of eagerness....

[ 07-31-2002 01:06 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-31-2002 01:11 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis followed along quietly, still trying to put the puzzle together, not quite sure what it was he needed to know. looking at the great sith that led them, something within his mind began to spin, as though some memory lied deep beneath the surfice, ready to come forth, but he could not unlock the door.
Realizing that such thoughts were usless, he continued attempting to figure out what it was he did not know, untill finaly he blurted before he could think

"What is it i am missing? graysith, you know something, you have stated such before, what is it you have not told me?"

realizing what he had done afterwards, he froze.

your impatiants gets the best of you recinis he thought to himself...

[ 07-31-2002 01:12 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Recinis ]

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.67
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 01:18 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik couldn't help but direct a rather wide-eyed expression into the blue eyes of the baby which he had been given. Though she seemed contented enough to be held rather than placed in the incubator, she yet seemed to long for something...more. As though she somehow knew she was displaced...

Erik then frowned, looking up to regard the back of the Sith Sorceror who was leading them, his senses keenly attuned to every aspect of his environment. Quietly he listened as the Sith directed them to the task, and paid heed to his reprimand.

The only stupid question is the one that's never asked, he recalled.

He nodded, and was just about to ask just who they were now allied with and just what they were about to do when Graysith's companion blurted out his own questions.

Erik halted, directing a curious expression at the new-comer, while the child continued gurgling and squirming in his arms.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!
My heart is broken....sweet sleep my Dark Angel... Evanescence, "My Heart is Broken"

Posts: 447 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Aug 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2002 01:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith shook her head, her own impatience laying close to the surface. Now was not the time to explain the events of the past two years to her self-proclaimed protector. Rather, time pressed about them like the shadow of death, somehow haunting, laying await in the background, taunting her for the danger she suddenly sensed they would be opening themselves to once they left this place with this Babe.

She held out a hand to Recinis, placed it quietly on his arm. "All shall be revealed to you when the time is right, my friend," she said quietly. "For now suffice it that the Sith are dead, and their future lives lie in the hands of this little child."

Nipping off any further inquiries with a slight motion of her hand, she turned back to her Sire, waiting to see where he would lead them from here... yet somehow already assured of the answer.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 01:45 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik couldn't stand it any longer. He knew the Sith were somehow aware of his questions, but he had to know. He was a part of this now too.

"But...how can the baby help us now? Why should we take her from this place, where she is protected...?"

His eyes never leaving the blue eyes of the baby he yet held, he awaited the answer as patiently as he possibly could. She in turn cocked her head to the side with her own brand of infantile curiosity.

As he continued to wait he couldn't help but think, Kid, I get the feeling I'm more clueless about all this than even you are...

[ 07-31-2002 01:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 07-31-2002 01:53 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis sat stunned at hearing the words come from graysiths mouth. So shocked was he that Eriks outburst simply passed him by.
His mind spinning, his world suddenly turned upside down, he began to mumble
"the....sith? de-dead?.......h-..how?"
recinis continued continued on in that manor for quite some time, before finnaly falling quiet in wonderment, and confusion.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.67
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 07-31-2002 02:09 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I turn my volcanic eyes to the clear ones of the Jedi, pleased with his question. That it took something from him to ask was as apparent to me as the remnants of the once-bustling spaceport in front of us; I nod at the inherent trust in the Sith those simple words imply.

"The bond between mother and child is the strongest one of all," I say with the simplicity of truth. "This babe holds the All within her as you held a propensity toward the Force; there is a place where these two great strengths may be channelled, increased, augmented to where the mother's mind may be restored to her.

"But!"

Now I lean forward a bit, taking in the young Jedi, raking my gaze over the quieting Recinis, noting how Graysith merely closes her eyes, shuddering a bit with the full knowledge of what may come.

"You must be wary. I cannot send you through the All; this child would immediately seek it out, overcome by its beauty, seeking to learn its every nuance. For to her, that would be the start of the road to learning of herself. You would arrive at the destination, but until this one learns a modicum of control, I fear she would fly from your group with the simple joy of being, mother-bond or no.

"Thus you must travel by more conventional means."

Now I step forward again, and lead them to a particularly wonderful ship. About the size of a Corellian light freighter, it is a familiar greeny-gold in color, its geometries somehow wrong, and extremely difficult to look upon. It's abilities are the same, if not more deadly, than the fighters which up until this moment were the only Sith ships to rove the galaxy in this time. I indicate the ship with another wave of my hand, and turn to face them.

"Take the Child and her mother to Korriban, to the Valley of the Dark Lords," I let my final instructions fall from my lips. "I alone shall remain here watching over this city; nothing may bring harm to it if the Sith are to be fully revived in all their glory."

I then fall silent, unwilling to elucidate further, knowing my Daughter will clarify matters to Recinis as they travel the path I know lay before them.

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 02:36 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik's eyes widened further as understanding dawned.

The love of one whom Graysith had allied herself with...

...mother-daughter bond...

...the child would be the answer...

Suddenly Erik Kartan knew exactly who their new ally was.

He looked down at the little girl for one long moment, then back to the Sith Sorceror. He nodded once, indicating understanding, ready to do his part in the task that lay ahead.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2002 02:54 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith reached up one hand to lay it along the hot planes of Aelvedaar's face. For a long moment nothing was said, then--

"Thank you, my Sire," came her quiet whisper.

Then all semblance of softness, of femininity, hardened into the aspect of a warrior. She visibly firmed, straightening up, the Glyph on her forehead suddenly ravening up the electromagnetic scale to hover at the barest edges of visibility. Her cloak somehow transformed itself into a shield, the look in her eye into a sword of vengeance. She turned that look upon her companions, taking no heed as to whether or not they flailed before it or remained stalwart in their own strengths.

"It is time we depart this place."

The comment was little less than an outright command. She hesitated not but strode toward the Sith ship, knowing the door would open before her and remain that way until all were aboard. At the entryway she paused, turning once again to direct a cool gaze into Aelvedaar's eyes.

"I shall not fail you, my Lord," she said firmly.

Then the hatch whooshed shut behind the others as they boarded and looked about themselves. Catching a passing Erik Kartan by the arm, she held him back a moment.

"Will you pilot us back to Khar Delba?" she requested, suddenly polite, somehow elevating him to her peer by that simple request. Her hand now dropping to stroke the baby's head, she waited for his reply.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.79
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 03:28 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik's look of surprise only lasted a moment. Then he smiled sincerely. "I would be happy to," he said. "I can have us back to the planet in rather short order--I've learned a trick or two from Shayla over the past couple of years," he explained needlessly, a touch of fondness apparent on his face at his mention of Shayla's name.

Then, he gently deposited the baby into Graysith's keeping, heading for the cabin of this wonderful ship to prepare for departure along a carefully plotted hit-and-fade course to Khar Delba...

[ 07-31-2002 03:52 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2002 07:58 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith accepted the infant with one of her rare, genuine smiles. After raising a finger to gently tweak the little one's nose, she called out after the departing Erik.

"Do not hesitate to call upon me if you need assistance," her voice wafted in his wake. "I do not know what you have learned from my Adept; you may find the controls of this vessel a bit... unfamiliar to you."

She then turned round to Recinis, cuddling the child to her breast as she did.

"Come, my protector, and stand as witness," she commanded softly.

A wondering Recinis following behind, Graysith now made her way to the ship's equivalent of a Captain's ready room. The chamber, though small, was richly apportioned with tapestries and glowing woods and jewel-graven images carved out in bas-relief upon its walls. In the middle stood a table made out of some sort of precious metal, which glowed with a life of its own. She gently kissed her niece but once, then laid the babe upon the middle of the table.

Pulling back now, and indicating Recinis stand beside her, she now took her Tooth of S'slan from her thrimm and held it up before the child. Then she turned the blade against her own flesh, slicing open the wound with which she had bound Terrin Danner and his party to her. Dipping a forefinger into the upwelling blood, she leaned forward and softly made a rune upon the tiny babe's forehead, tracing the mystic design against the soft newborn flesh there. It stood out in scarlet splendor.

"As is the one you will come to call Father, you and your destiny are now bound as one to the Sith," she intoned. Her voice, though quiet, was grave and full of respect as she replaced the blade back into its sheath. Then she turned her gaze back upon the babe, her eyes suddenly widening as she gazed upon her as if seeing her for the first time.

"I know you, little one," she breathed in a barely audible whisper, her mind now tracing back through her memories and links with all she had ever come in contact with. Firming a bit now, the Chosen Daughter straightened, now tracing yet another mystical rune in the air over the kicking baby.

"Little JhinDarra," she breathed, then fell silent, her hand dropping to her side, the blood from the palm staining her cloak with its life.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.209.6
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 08:53 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Erik found that he couldn't for the life of him figure out a single control on the ship. Everything was written in some other peculiar language on the navboard, and although the pilot in him would have loved to just play around and figure things out, he knew they didn't have time for that.

He stood and headed towards where he felt his companions' presences, and found himself in a small ready room. Pausing in the door, he glanced down a moment at the table in the center where the baby yet lay. He cringed back a bit at blood he noticed on her head, concerned. Then he realized the blood was not hers...and looked to Graysith. Her arm was slowly bleeding, and a trace of blood could be seen on her cloak.

Erik forced himself to meet her gaze. "I...think I'll be taking that assistance you offered," he said quite calmly. Then he quieted, waiting to see just what Graysith would do.

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 07-31-2002 09:36 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
She merely smiled, turning away from the suddenly quiet infant.

"Watch her," she directed Recinis; then she proceeded to make her way through the labyrinthine corridors inside the Sith ship. At length she came to the command center, where she led Erik to the control boards.

"There are the forward thrust controls, and the lateral braking jets," she began, pointing to two strangely shaped sigils on the navboard. "And here is our Sith-cloak..."

Bit by bit, one by one, she familiarized Erik with the workings of the ship. He was a quick pupil, drinking up the unfamiliarity and making it familiar like a sponge drinks up water. At length she found herself drawing back.

"I trust we will have no need of our ammunitions," she finished, showing him how to operate the greeny-gold disruptive beam the ship, as did the smaller fighters, held as its major weapons source. "But just in case, there it is, and here is how you operate it. It has a cascading effect: one does not need to make a lethal hit for the beam to utterly destroy the target. Take care, should you find yourself having to use it."

With that she nodded in satisfaction, watching as the young Jedi seated himself and began to play his fingers over the controls. Knowing he would have no trouble guiding them back to Khar Delba, she sent a silent thought to Aelvedaar, informing him of their imminent departure so he could momentarily drop the protective shield around Phrinnchatka.

Then she returned to the ready room and Recinis, who she felt certain was filled with questions of his own.

[ 07-31-2002 09:38 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.191
Erik Kartan

Member # 129

posted 07-31-2002 09:59 PM     Profile for Erik Kartan   Author's Homepage   Email Erik Kartan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
His mind totally on the controls, Erik warmed her up then smoothly began his ascent, grinning as he did so.

Shayla would LOVE this baby!

Then he sobered, directing his attentions to the task once again. Safely breaking away from the all but dead Sith capital, Erik activated the Sith cloak and plotted his course, punching it in. The ship in turn smoothly--and quite effortlessly--slipped into hyperspace. In only a couple of standard minutes, she would fall from that course right into the space existing around the Khar Delban primary...

(((OCC: Follow Graysith, Erik, Recinis, and baby JhinDarra into the "Cry of the Sith" in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum. Thank you!!!)))

[ 07-31-2002 10:43 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Erik Kartan ]

--------------------

Hey! Where's my A-wing?!

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-06-2002 04:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The greeny-golden form of the Sith ship popped back into existence the moment it passed the Khar Delban stellar, silently flitting beyond it to come to an inertia-less halt directly over the nondescript form of K'eel Doba. For a moment it hovered there, waiting patiently, then finally gained permission to land.

It practically disappeared from orbit rather than descended, following the landing coordinates set up for it, homing in on a peculiar Sith beacon to where it had first departed, coming at length to what appeared to be a blank and featureless plain of sand and cratered rock. There it hovered briefly, until something opened up beneath it...

...and it was allowed entry back into the Ch'arlingua spaceport, buried deeply beneath the planet's surface on the outskirts of the hidden city of Phrinnchatka.

The barest of seconds had passed between the time the ship requested permission to land, had in physical fact done so, and the protective shield was once more raised. It settled into its berth with a deep sigh of content, opened its hatch, and promptly turned itself off.

Graysith nodded toward Erik in satisfaction, pleased with the way he had piloted the ship throughout its uneventful trip.

Uneventful indeed, she mused as she rose quietly to her feet. For while through the eyes of some this brief voyage would appear monumental in what it had procured, the fact remains that it could have been much, much worse for all....

Then she turned on her heel and made her way to the quarters wherein Captain Danner rested with his family. For a moment her jaw worked; then a slim hand raised itself to knock politely upon his door. A few rustles sounded within, then the door slid smoothly open to reveal a somewhat haggard looking Terrin. Behind him Galen and JhinDarra snored softly together upon the bed.

Graysith let a small smile escape her. "We have arrived back at K'eel Doba, Captain," she informed him briefly. "Lord Aelvedaar awaits us."

With that she bowed her head in brief acknowledgement to him, turned on her heel, and left him to exit the ship, coming out to stand at the top of the gangway. Her eyes scanned about the magnificent spaceport and came at length to where her Sire stood quietly waiting for them all to disembark. Bowing her head in a different type of respect, she came up before him and gazed quietly into his molten eyes.

"Our quest has been successful, my Lord," she informed him. "We have gained the personage of Galen Jhin'Dar Danner, and in good physical and mental health.

"But I regret to inform you that her emotional state leaves something to be desired. Although--"

Now her eyes slitted before his, like a cat's. Her following words were meant for his ears, and only his ears. And with a slight manipulation of the All she saw to just that assurance.

"Although in all honesty that is something which really has no bearing on the course of events from herein, does it not my Sire?"

She fell silent with that, smiling as he merely reached out one clawed hand to touch the top of her head. Then he turned in silence, and began leading her and those behind her back to the hidden Temple from whence they had departed from this place.

[ 08-06-2002 05:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-06-2002 04:44 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin turned back into his quarters, looking at his wife and little JhinDarra as they slept, looking so decievingly peaceful.

He sighed to himself, agony washing over him in waves he couldn't even stop.

He'd meant to protect them, not hurt her. He could never, ever, ever bear the thought of hurting her...

Tears glistened his eyes.

He was beginning to feel so very, very alone. Try as he might to fight it, when the one person in the Universe who trusts you withdraws that trust, it's really impossible NOT to feel alone.

He just hoped that she'd talk to him. Hoped that somehow she'd see past it all. He could never, ever stop loving her, no matter how terrible what he'd done seemed.

He HAD meant it for the best.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he placed a hand on her shoulder and said, "Galen, we are here."

Where exactly was here again...?

He continued to watch them quietly and simply waited for she and the baby to wake.

"How I wish you'd at least talk to me," he muttered, unsure if anyone was listening to him or not. "I only wanted for you and Darra to be safe...even from her..."

He trailed his eyes affixed to his wife's and daughter's apparently sleeping forms.

He so very desperately needed to talk to her...

[ 08-06-2002 06:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-06-2002 05:30 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith came to a halt before the transport which had earlier delivered she, her Sire, Recinis and Erik Kartan to the Sith spaceport. She stood there at the door to the little car, frowning a bit to herself as everyone aboard the Sith ship trooped past her to settle within the gently darkened confines therein... confines which somehow seemed to ripple and expand so as to allow them all room to sit comfortably....

Everyone, that is, with the exception of Captain Danner and his family.

Shayla began to rise to her feet when this slight annoyance came to her from her Teacher, but Graysith indicated she reseat herself with a slight motion of one hand. "This will not take long," she murmured quietly, turned, and retraced her steps back to the ship

That wonderfully greeny-gold paradox waited as before, somehow aware that sentients were still within its belly, for the still-yawning hatch beckoned before her. The Chosen Daughter didn't hesitate in the least but picked up the skirts of her cloak and reboarded the ship. There she strode uerringly to the quarters she had given to Captain Danner, and after knocking once upon the door, released it's mechanism.

It opened silently, and she stepped within. There she came to a halt, eyeing the somehow shrunken form of Captain Danner, who was sitting on the bed with one hand upon the shoulder of his sleeping wife. It appeared he was trying to awaken her; Graysith's frown deepened, then she smoothed it from her face and came up behind him.

A slim hand raised, hesitated... then laid itself gently upon his shoulder.

"She has been through a lot, Captain Danner," she whispered softly, so as not to awaken the sleeping JhinDarra... to no avail. However quietly the words had been spoken, they entered into the ears of the little babe, who promptly opened her eyes and considered the pair in front of them in an uncanny analysis of the situation. For a moment all remained frozen in some sort of bewitched silence...

Then Darra gave out a little coo, stuck her fist into her mouth, and began to gum it contentedly.

Graysith smiled at her niece, and turned back to Danner. "You would find far more comfortable quarters for both you and..." She hesitated momentarily, then continued smoothly on: "...your daughter, if you would but follow us into the city of Phrinnchatka. Not to mention your wife, who I believe is in the direst need of comfort of all of you."

Terrin's head jolted up at that, and he turned his eyes away from Galen for the first time. They met Graysith's violet pair, slamming up against something quite unreadable in their depths.

She smiled a bit more broadly, then tilted her head to one side and let her lids drop briefly.

"This way, Captain," she said smoothly, indicating the door with a wave of her hand. "It would not behoove you to keep Lord Aelvedaar waiting."

Then she turned about and, giving him no more heed, led the way from the ship once again and back to where the others were waiting for them.

[ 08-06-2002 05:42 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.179
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-06-2002 06:24 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin only looked upon his sleeping wife a moment more before he stood and scooped up his entire family in his arms. Darra looked at him quizzically with her big blue eyes. As if to answer a question she hadn't even asked, he whispered, "We're going for a little walk, sweetheart."

She seemed to tilt her head at that, then continued to chew her little hand.

She's probably hungry, he thought in non sequiter as he began to follow in Graysith's departing tracks. Better make sure she gets something to eat soon. And face it buddy, better get yourself some sleep soon too.

Grimacing at that admittance Terrin walked on, holding his small family protectively to him...

...onward to whatever Fate which laid ahead.

[ 08-06-2002 06:25 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Aelvedaar

Member # 34

posted 08-06-2002 07:08 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stand beside the transportation vehicle, awaiting their coming, my eyes looking back toward the spaceport but seeing only the particular direction the Fates would have us all follow.

That particular pathway is becoming in fact fairly crowded, I muse to myself as I wait. From what was at first destined to be but three, we have now expanded out to include even the shadowy awareness of two groups who struggle between themselves for priority in the universe... albeit a priority destined to be short-lived.

I wonder when the truth will ever dawn on those who would play at war with each other.

My musings are abruptly truncated with the arrival of my Chosen One and the tardy ones she had gone to fetch. My dawning smile to her is likewise truncated as the blaring emotions of the one called Terrin blast over me like a wave breaks upon a rocky shore. I frown to read his thoughts, one brow now cocking as I turn my gaze briefly to Graysith and regard her with it.

She doesn't move so much as a muscle, but stands quietly gazing right back into my own eyes.

Now I pull myself upright, in all the regal glory I own by rights, and draw my robes more tightly about me. Captain Danner comes up beside me with his burden, pauses briefly when I step forward to block him entry into the transport.

I gaze for a moment into his eyes, clearly reading him, letting him know just how transparent he truly is... then my eyes fall to the limp woman in his arms, atop whose lap there kicks the gurgling, cooing, and oh-so-important Babe. My harsh expression softens as in one quick but gentle motion I reach out and pick the infant up, holding her in my arms and smiling down upon her all the while.

The mother doesn't so much as stir. The Babe laughs and kicks in delight.

Directing my eyes once again into those of Captain Danner, I lay the child once more upon the stomach of its mother. Then drawing back, I indicate they enter into the vehicle, waiting at the door until they at last do so. As does my Chosen One.

Nodding to myself, I tip my head, entering horns-first into the transport. The door whooshes closed behind me, the brief blackness brightens to blue as once again we set off in a motion just beneath that of conscious perception. Time passes quickly, and soon we arrive at the end of the by-way, where I lead the group back again through the hidden tunnel and into the great Sith capitol of Phrinnchatka.

A short time thereafter, and we have arrived at the Temple, where I let my Daughter see to their creature comforts while I hasten to the Crystal Octahedron to see what state the universe is currently finding itself in. That accomplished, I return to the Great Receiving Hall, there to await the arrival of those who have just been privileged to enter into this ancient and thoroughly hidden place.

[ 08-06-2002 07:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.195.179
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-06-2002 11:11 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin gaped wide-eyed at the accommodations he and his family had been provided. He walked about the suites, looking over the lavish furnishings and feeling the plush carpeting give way beneath his feet. He proceeded to the sleeping quarters, where he laid Galen down and tucked her in in an almost motherly fashion, all the while holding little Darra closely to him.

Little Darra...

She kicked a cooed playfully, still trying to stick her hand in her mouth. It didn't quite fit, so she gummed it up, her blue eyes all the while assessing him. He grinned at her in spite of himself, and stood, holding her out just a bit and swinging her in the air, then pulling her down and closely to him again in a fatherly fashion. She smiled.

"You're gonna wake your Momma up," he whispered to her, playfully placing his index finger on her little nose. Then, "Let's go see what's up, and get you something to eat while she sleeps."

Cradling his little daughter to him, Terrin turned and quietly walked over to his Galen, leaning over and kissing her softly on the forehead. Then he backed out of the room, Darra all the while cooing and chewing her hand in amusement.

We have really gotta find you some food...

[ 08-06-2002 11:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-06-2002 11:31 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith leaned against one of the great supporting pillars which held up the ornate ceiling of the Receiving Room, toying with her Claw. A slight frown encompassed her features and she sighed for the fourth time, sending an impatient look Aelvedaar's way. He in turn merely held up a restraining hand in silent chastisement; a bit embarrassed, the flame-haired woman turned her eyes to her Adept.

"Is he always this much of a slackard?" she thought into her mind, accompanying that with yet another sigh of impatience. Shayla only crooked her brows and shrugged, the tiniest of gleams in her eyes.

At length the sounds of booted footsteps could be heard echoing hollowly from the anteroom without, intermingled with the joyous sounds of a baby's laughter. The former brought Graysith's inheld breath out in a whoosh; the latter, a smile to her face. She turned around and watched as Captain Danner finally made his appearance, nodding his head from one to the other as he first greeted Erik, and then more nervously, Recinis, Shayla, Graysith... and finally the Great Dark Lord of the Sorcerer clan himself.

As though suddenly aware of his humanity in the midst of this strange group, he came to a quiet halt, rocking the still-chortling baby in his arms. He stood in silence, as though trying to think of what to say.

[ 08-08-2002 05:31 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e