my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Winds of Change (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Winds of Change
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-09-2002 08:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla smiled with bemusement at Terrin's nonverbal response to Aelvedaar's revelation.

Yet one more piece falls into place.

Then she sobered, and turned to look into Erik's brown eyes, responding to that with a completely different sort of smile. Hearing Terrin's response to the toast, she raised her glass. Erik returned her smile, and they exchanged something on an entirely personal level.

Something warm and quite wonderful passed between them and through each of them.

Shayla's smile only broadened. She reached a hand under the table and placed it on Erik's thigh. He in turn moved his hand to place it about hers.

Why had she waited so long to admit how much she truly loved this man? What had she been thinking? Shayla mused. On the heels of that came the answer: She hadn't been thinking. All she'd been considering, up to that point when she'd truly begun to accept all that was inside her, was how she could distance herself from everything. How she could get away from those emotions she felt, as if to somehow shelter herself from who she truly was.

How wrong she had been.

Still smiling to herself, she at last drew away from these thoughts and refocused her attention on the discussion at hand.

"What is our next course of action?" she heard Recinis ask softly.

At that she shifted her gaze to Graysith.

Shayla suspected she knew exactly what their next plan of action would entail...

[ 08-09-2002 08:20 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-11-2002 12:45 AM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I raise my goblet fractionally higher, tilting my head in acknowledgement of Captain Danner's acceptance of the offer placed before him. Then, draining it in one gulp, I set it down gently upon the shining wood of the table. I look down therein, seeing my own reflection staring up at me, my jaw working yet again as I realize exactly what must be stated next.

Trust indeed....

My head comes upright, and I pin Captain Danner's eyes with my own. He sets his own goblet down, somehow sensing the portent of the words I am soon to speak.

"Before we can begin to design an avenue of strategy, my new ally," I begin quietly, folding my hands together and leaning earnestly forward. "There is much you need know of.

"First and foremost, as you have so heroically struggled with, our friend Recinis," Here I wave a clawed hand gracefully to the young Sith warrior who yet so gently holds the sleeping babe in his arms. "...and myself as well, are Sith. What you may not be aware of, however, is that we hail from a time over four thousand years in the past.

"How Recinis has come to be in this timeline, he has yet to reveal. But my presence has been placed here with intended purpose...."

With no further ado I launch into a brief but detailed declamation of the events which have lead all parties present to this point in time. Who I am in being Dark Lord of the Sorcerer Clan, what that entitlement entails. Who my two brothers were, their importance in the guidance of our past civilization... and destined importance for the one which lies ahead. How my clan's talents had, over time, revealed to them the downfall of our wondrous, if by then jaded, Empire at the hands of the Dark Jedi. How in the final minutes I had finally managed to gain command of the All... but not with enough time to use it against our foes.

How my brothers were sent via the All-- Here I am very careful not to divulge much of this wondrous power to this man, for indeed it is not meant for his eyes or ears. --to await my coming in this time, a time in which I had discovered She who would be the one implemental to us reviving our entire civilization.

How I had reached out through Time, and emplaced the proto-All within her, via the Glyph upon her forehead. How she of all sentients was the one to meet the darkness with the light of love, to thus trigger the All into brilliant life. How I myself met my own death at the hands of the jedi four thousand years in the past, but only after erecting a protective shield over this magnificent capitol city of the Sith, to keep it from prying eyes throughout the following millennia...

How I was literally snatched from those jaws by the actions of the very One I was implemental in bringing into being. How she had become impregnated with the One inherent with the All, who destiny would have brought here to use devices hidden in Phrinnchatka for over four millennia and actually bring the Sith back to life.

How this child between my Chosen One and her one passion was destroyed, however erroneously, due to the action of Galen Jhin'Dar.

How my brother Roan approached me with another plan, pointing out that by joining the All-strength inherent in Galen's daughter-- as well as a second one born between himself and Graysith -- that our civilization could yet be saved.

How he turned traitor for reasons of his own, stealing his and Graysith's daughter, and striving time and again to take Galen and her's. If both younglings were to fall into his hands, not only would the Sith remain forever in the dark realms, but the entire Galaxy would find itself threatened by a power completely unstoppable.

I paused after this discourse, settling back against my seat and reaching for another sip of wine. The look I send into Captain Danner's face is calm, yet heavy with sorrow... and yes, not with a little bit of trepidation.

For the daughter of my beloved has disappeared from this Galaxy and has gone into hands most dire within another.

I purse my lips briefly, then divulge this little tidbit as well.

"So you see, Captain," I finish, setting my goblet down for a final time. "There are many plans which must be made, not only for the sake of the Sith, but for that of every sentient being in this galaxy as well.

"Where would you suggest we begin?"

[ 08-11-2002 12:49 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Aelvedaar ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.29
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-11-2002 12:48 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis remained quiet, taking in all he could learn of the destruction of the sith, taking in all he could of the present situation.
Slowly, he continued placing everything he had been learning together, the picture was almost complete.
So...Graysith is the chosen of the sith...that is why i was sent here... And the "All" that she commands, that is what power the child has as well..

looking down at the child once more another smile crossed his face.
Following the smile came a slight frown.
Graysiths daughter, in the hands of....Roan... no good can come of it

he thought to himself, remembering the evil he had sensed when the sith had stollen galan from Narcolm and himself.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.216
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 08-11-2002 01:24 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin leaned back in thought, trying as best he could to absorb everything that he had been told, trying more than anything to avoid this one little thing that kept popping up in his brain.

4,000 years old? YEESH!

All this Sith-Jedi-Rebirth stuff seemed to be straight out of some mythical storybook; had it not been for the fact that he'd seen the power of Dark Lord Roan *shudder* as well as the power of his daughter with his own eyes, Terrin might have accepted this narrative in a manner a la Han Solo.

But the truth of the matter was, he HAD seen it. And the idea of Graysith's daughter in the hands of Dark Lord Roan was less than comforting.

More like horrifying.

But then, what was this about the kid being in intergalactic space? How the Hell were they going to get to her?

Three words came to mind. Dark Lord Roan.

Terrin frowned at that, not liking the ideas which were forming in his head. But then he followed the logic which was forming. Roan had to know precisely how to get to the baby. No WAY was she out in intergalactic space without some means for him to "retrieve" her when he deemed it necessary.

But to somehow get a Sith Lord of Roan's variety to give away his "secret weapon"??? Not easily accomplished, to say the very least.

Terrin bit his lip, considering even further. Then he couldn't help the errant thought that sauntered into the forefront of his mind. If they were lucky, maybe Graysith's daughter would recognize her mother and react as Darra did when she sensed a threat to Galen...

Terrin paused at that seeming non sequieter. Well? Why not? Could that be used?

But then, that would first of all presuppose that the baby knew her mother enough to respond in such a way, and it then would require Graysith to be in danger to even gain such a response.

And this was ALL presupposing that they could somehow get Roan to reveal how he had access to her. Which again, was the crux of the problem. They could discuss all day how the baby might respond once she was found, but they had to somehow find her first.

Terrin turned his eyes into the molten ones of Aelveedar. "I think first and foremost we have to consider a way to get Graysith's baby," he said, glancing to Graysith. "But how we do that is going to take some careful strategizing. All the allies and ships in the Universe aren't going to stop Roan.

And I realize that she's in another galaxy, but there just simply has to be some way Roan can get to her if he wanted. I don't know how reasonable this is, but is there any way we can decieve him into revealing the child's whereabouts? Or the child herself? Because I'm just willing to bet she'd have a reaction similar to Darra's if reconnected with her mother..."

Terrin trailed at that, waiting to see if anything he'd mentioned might be of use...

[ 08-11-2002 01:30 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-11-2002 01:40 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
recinis looked at Terrin and nodded.
Speaking quietly once again he said "We must indeed recover graysiths child... It is in the best interest of the univers, the child, and of course graysith."

he then let his voice trail off into thought as he considered there options.Roan would indeed have a way of retrieving the child... One of that power ALWAYS has a way of accomplishing his desires...but, how could we trick him?

"perhaps there is a way we could trick him not only into giving us the location, but in giving the child to us?" Letting the thoughts shift in his head an idea began to mold.
"hmm...Is it possible to make...a 'copy' or image that could fool roan? perhaps make him believe he would be gaining Galan in exchange for the child?" thinking momentaraly recinis shook his head. "no, none that i know of..." he said thinking aloud.

--------------------

"my hearts my strongest weapon, my mind my swiftess blade, the words i speak can cut your flesh, and leave you in the gray"
---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.216
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 02:32 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's eyes unfocussed a bit as the plans being discussed about the table came into her ears. Her vision seemed to arrow out beyond the perimeter of the group, indeed beyond the confining walls of this Dining Hall, straight through meters of solid bedrock, shooting upward and outward until it had fled the hold of K'eel Doba entirely and had soared off into the magnificence of spacetime itself.

Spacetime. Space... and Time.

Now what awareness of her environment that yet remained vanished in a cloud of seeing, as she directed her gaze backward into Time, back to that wonderful night at the shores of the Corellian sea where she knew her daughter had been conceived...

...between her and Dark Lord Roan. aka: Darth Wicked, or so he had had her to believe.

A shudder rippled through her as she forced herself to seek outward from that night of magick and into the pathways leading to her personal brand of Hell. Following the guidance of the All, she let It take her hand and guide her to places and events she had not actually seen with her own eyes, but knew of from what her Sire had divulged to her. Shuddering again, she faced the images now being replayed before her... alone.

Watched as Roan took Galen in the hot springs of Sullust, keenly aware of the importance of that hideous act. Saw now the birth of her own daughter in the wonderous beauty of hyperspace...

Little ShaRhylla!

...and her immediate capture by the slobbering demon, Maladius. Saw now as that imp from hell carried the child through an extension of space and time only his shadowy form could fully command, taking the babe and presenting it to another dark user, one all ivory and chrome with eyes of electric blue. Saw the somehow shadowy figure of Roan hovering, smiling, in the background, as he clearly sensed... as did she herself now as well... the powerfully dominant dark streak in the soul of the little half-breed.

She shuddered yet a third time as the immensity of his betrayal overwhelmed her. Slowly she let her gaze refocus on the group around her, and her attention upon the words they were continuing to discuss.

"No, Captain," she suddenly interjected in a whisper. "I do not feel we can rely entirely upon my daughter's reaction as being solely in our favor. For she is His daughter as well, more than we realize. Indeed, I hope that when we do bring her back to us, that it won't be too late to teach her of the balance she must achieve."

She paused a bit, sitting up a bit straighter now, thinking back upon what she had just seen.

"It is the demon who is able to traverse the space between galaxies," she suddenly said, then fell silent, wondering how this could be made to be of any use to them. Then her thoughts began straying along an entirely different pathway, one she struggled so hard to avoid, one she tried to shy away from with all her being...

...and one she simply could not. Dark Lord Roan....

Exactly how false had been his professed "love" to her, all those times he had whispered it into her ear? Were all those words spoken in so apparently heart-felt a fashion simply an indication of a power so great that he could so easily mask fact from fiction within her mind? Her heart? Was she so achingly wanting for the return of her Dark Heart, as Aelvedaar had stated, that with the naivity of a child she had simply believed him from the start, never bothering to truly ascertain if he in fact was who she thought he was, and thus his words were held as being the absolute truth? Was she that easily deceived?

Or was there a speck of actual truth in them? Indeed, Lord Aelvedaar had told her of Roan's struggle to learn to love... had he? Something was enabling him to keep his grasp on the All.

She suddenly placed steepled hands over her mouth, her eyes widening over the fingertips as these thoughts led her to a possible conclusion, no matter how incongruous or hurtful that conclusion was.

Did Lord Roan indeed love her... and could this be of any possible use in retrieving her daughter?

Nonsense! Within, the Beast began raging, winding a massive paw about the inner kernel, snarling and ready to do battle against the one who had dared to impersonate her love, who had dared play at love falsely. It yowled with bloodlust, begging her to dismiss the thoughts she was considering before they had chance to take root in her soul.

She blinked, fighting against the rage, and spoke once more. In a quiet and deceptively calm tone she voiced that which had risen in her mind and her heart, then fell silent to see if anyone thought something could be made of it all.

Within her, the Beast fell silent as well, curling up in disgust to lick the figurative wounds it had just received.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.191
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-11-2002 06:18 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's eyes widened as he turned them to regard Graysith.

Dark Lord Roan, loving someone...?

No WAY. No kriffing way...!

But then he paused at that, his mind pushing him along a pathway he didn't care to follow. In that mind, a thought crossed its arms as if to say: Well...?

Roan had done alot of things supposedly for Graysith...

Terrin's eyes defocused as he traveled along a path of memories still very recent, still very real, and still very painful. But not a lick of that was shown on his face as he thought.

Back to Khar Delba, when Galen had first been taken by Him. His words: "A child, for a child!" Then, to the Devil-May-Care, where that demonic imp of Roan's had ripped his arm off.

What was it that Thing had said after completing his horrible mission? Ah yes: "How dare you defile the masters Dark Heart!" It had seethed.

Terrin shuddered at that, just once.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Roan in his own very twisted way had more of a place for Graysith than one would at first suspect.

...the Master's Dark Heart...

After a few more moments of silence, Terrin again refocused on the situation at hand, on the people sitting around the dining table waiting for someone to say anything.

"Perhaps we might be able to use this," he said quietly. "But it'd be risky. Extremely risky. For I'm afraid that it would place you, Graysith, at the very center of our plot, and thus in the most dangerous place of all:

As the very bait that would capture Roan's attention..."

[ 08-11-2002 06:26 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 06:52 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith shot a meaningful look into Captain Danner's eyes.

"Or perhaps... not as bait, Mr. Danner, but as something else entirely...."

She let that thought trail off as she rose smoothly to her feet. Still keeping her eyes affixed to his, she now went off into another direction.

"What is of importance is what we do to get to that position of my acting as... as anything remotely resembling bait," she smiled at him, softening the words with a flash of her teeth. "We need to determine the mechanics of our plans instead. When the time comes, believe me, I shall know how to stand before Lord Roan."

She paused again, now turning her eyes to all present.

"There are other allies of Captain Danner's on Khar Delba, those who more than likely are wondering as to our absence. Men whose input more than likely would be greatly beneficial to us all... not to mention their possession of links of their own to those who would ally with us. Who in fact must do so with as minimal knowledge of us among their groups... yet with the maximum of trust. I feel it is time to return hence, to reveal to those other men who have come with you of what has proceeded here, and perhaps to return them with us to Phrinnchatka." She glanced briefly at Terrin, then out to encompass the table in general.

"Personally, until the time has come, I see no need to remain on Khar Delba any longer." Now her violet eyes closed as the image of the chambers she had shared with Darth Wicked, and then with Lord Roan, crashed against her lids. She shuddered, both in want for the former, and in anger regarding the latter. But when they opened, the look in them was as calm as a sea on a windless day.

She now turned her gaze to Shayla, who had remained fairly quiet through this all. Her eyes darkened with the meaning that she let slip into her adept's mind:

Indeed, though flesh of my flesh have I found, you are my sister by choice.

"There is a ship still orbiting K'eel Doba which needs attending to," she continued aloud. "Nothing may bring the attention of any outsider here. We have not the time to deal with anything other than the one path laid before us."

She quieted now, drawing to a close, knowing she really didn't need the permission of anyone to just leave and proceed upon the course she had just outlined. That Lord Aelvedaar nodded once in her direction was enough; she began to make her leave of the others when once again she paused.

"Shayla, would you be accompanying me in this small journey? Or would you prefer to remain here--" Her eyes shot to where Erik was sitting next to her Adept, trying to make the hand upon her knee invisible. He failed miserably; Graysith fought against a returning smile, and finished with,

"If you wish to attend me, come now. For I am departing immediately."

She then bowed briefly to the others, turned, and left to make her way back to Ch'arlingua, there to take the Sith ship that had just returned them all to K'eel Doba and make her departure for Khar Delba.

Something persistently niggled that time was of the essence.

[ 08-11-2002 07:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.202
Recinis

Sith Protector

Member # 266

posted 08-11-2002 07:59 PM     Profile for Recinis   Author's Homepage   Email Recinis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Recinis watched as graysith left, and then turned his gaze to galan, who had finished eating. He stood slowly, and approuched the woman, smiling slightly, he gentle handed Galan her daughter, and bowed. He then turned and walked briskly after graysith.
catching up with her in one of the many passageways, he then strood up beside her and bowed sligtly while walking, "Shall i accompany you?" he said simply, not sure what his place in these indevers should be.

--------------------

---BMG

Posts: 456 | From: | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.72.238
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 08:19 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith's lips curled into a genuine smile as she continued through the tunnel in the rock around Phrinnchatka. She had known Recinis would follow her; indeed, she welcomed his presence and told him as much.

"I am honored by your loyalty," she said succinctly, stopping only briefly to place a slim hand upon his shoulder. She held it there for a moment, looking up to gaze deeply into his eyes.

Then she let her hand drop and continued down the passageway, an ear still cocked backward to listen for the possible approach of her Adept, the majority of her attention now focused upon the task at hand.

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.202
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-11-2002 09:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned to Erik, already knowing what she would do before even truly thinking of it. And keenly aware that he as well knew what she would do.

She opened her mouth to say goodbye as she stood, but he stood along with her, taking her hand in his to stop her.

She frowned at him in momentary confusion, then suddenly smiled as she understood.

"I'm coming with you," he said needlessly. "I know that Sith ship better than even you!" he teased, "You might need a teacher..."

Shayla rolled her eyes in bemusement. "Oh, allright," she said, beginning to lead the way outward on the path which Graysith and Recinis had already departed, "We'll just have to see about that."

The smile on her face at that seemingly innocent statement slowly began to fade as Shayla began to devote her mind to the new task at hand, clearly aware that her Sister felt this was a task that needed to be completed in due haste; and completely agreeing in that assesment.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.156.85
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 09:28 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith was waiting for Shayla's arrival at the base of the gangway leading up to the hatch of the Sith ship. Recinis had already entered the vehicle, and per her instructions, had begun the initial warm-up of the mysterious engines the marvelous craft possessed. Her eyes widened to see the jedi tagging along with her Adept; then they darkened, just a bit. She placed a restraining hand out before them, stopping the pair in the very motion of beginning their climb up the steep gangway.

"Why is it this one has accompanied you?" she asked, turning now to Shayla. "We do not need him for this trip back to Khar Delba; indeed, the tasks before us are of the Sith, and not the Jedi."

She smiled briefly toward Erik, then raised a hand to nip his explanations off in the bud.

"I know you feel your presence somehow necessary in proving our worth to Captain Danner's men. However, I feel it more important they accept our explanation on its own footing, and not be subliminally swayed by your presence there.

"If you two have a need to remain together at this time, then please do so here. Lord Aelvedaar will be happy to find you lodgings to your comfort. But determine your path with haste, my Adept..."

Here she turned, and entered into the darkness of the ship, there to find a seat at the command chair, where she waited to contact her Lord that all was in readiness for their departure.

--------------------

Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 08-11-2002 09:28 PM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin was thankful of Graysith's decision to return to Khar Delba to retrieve Matt, Jasyn, and Shawn, who were all probably less than thrilled about sitting around in the dark. He could somehow hear Jasyn whining about the lack of good food and wine and see Matt simply rolling his eyes.

Not to mention he could see a very concerned Shawn, skulking about with that annoyingly calm look he always managed to maintain.

As the others departed, Terrin glanced over to Galen, who had just been handed a still-sleeping Darra. He smiled at that and stood, coming about the table to stand behind her and place his hands on her shoulders, gazing at his little daughter's sleeping form.

His smile broadened in the quietness of the moment. There was something very special about that moment; somehow he knew he'd never forget the look on Galen's face as her child, whom had been taken from her before she'd even been born, was handed to her in total trust.

Something warm and wonderful swelled in him with the knowledge that finally their family had been brought together.

Finally.

Smiling a completely different sort of smile with that realization, Terrin gently massaged Galen's shoulders, his eyes now shifting to place a meaningful gaze in Aelvedaar's direction. Aelvedaar seemed to nod just once at this, then Terrin returned his attentions to his family.

Then he whispered to Galen, so as not to wake the baby, "I think some quiet family time is long overdue, sweets..."

[ 08-11-2002 09:29 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 08-11-2002 09:36 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla turned to Erik as Graysith departed into the ship. He was frowning just about as blackly as she'd ever seen him. His look all but read, She doesn't trust me!

Shayla frowned at him in reprimand.

"I am not a Jedi," he growled.

"There is always a reason for things, even if you don't see them," Shayla said quietly, kissing him on the cheek. "I'll be back before you know it."

Erik's look softened at that, but she could still read the hurt in the depths of his eyes.

She gave his hand one final squeeze. Then, "I'll be back."

With that she quietly headed into the Sith ship and joined her Teacher and Sister at the controls.

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 08-11-2002 09:47 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Please follow Graysith, Shayla and Recinis into the Long Drink of Water, Going Down Slow thread in the "Sith Temple and Jedi Praxeum" forum, thank you.))

--------------------

Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-12-2002 04:57 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I looked down in something akin to wonder at my little JhinDarra, who was slumbering so peacefully in my arms after being deposited there so gently by the otherwise frightening entity I had come to know was a Sith. Shook my head at the utter impossibility of it all, and let a hand drift upward to lightly touch my daughter's wee nose. She wiggled her lips in response, then quieted in my arms.

It wasn't until then that Terrin's words truly impacted me. With a little sigh of contentment, I lifted my eyes up into his, which --oh thank Khaandon, this is real, it's not some sort of nightmare sent to taunt me!!!-- were gazing steadily and meaningfully back into my own. I grinned at the sudden amendment to those words which now welled up inside me, and stood up on tiptoe to whisper them into his ear.

"Perhaps more so than quiet family time, love," I whispered softly. "How about a lil you-and-me time as well?"

With that I reached my face up for the kiss I saw descending, then with yet another sigh snuggled myself into Terrin's strong and warm embrace. In this manner we departed the room for wherever it was our quarters were; gads, but I hope Terrin remembered the way.

I sure as Roon's Treasure had immediately forgotten how I had gotten to be where I was!

We moved along, buoyed upon the arms of love and security, and once again I couldn't help shaking my head at the incongruity of the moment.

Love coming in overpowering waves from my husband and daugher...

...and assured security likewise from an ancient city of the Sith.

((OOC: Follow Galen, Terrin and JhinDarra into When The Bough Breaks thread in the "Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum, thank you.))

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.34
Aelvedaar

Dark Lord of the Sorcerers

Member # 34

posted 08-12-2002 05:15 PM     Profile for Aelvedaar   Author's Homepage   Email Aelvedaar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Now I rise to my feet, nodding my head at the harmony of this moment.

This is good... I sigh, wishing my brother could see the value in that simple statement.

I frown to where this inadvertent thought is leading me, and immediately squelch it. No need to mar this momentary beauty, for well do I know he will bave every opportunity of doing so and undoubtedly in very short order.

Now I smile to see the form of Erik Kartan scowling his way back into the Dining Hall, where he yanks a seat out in preparation of falling into it. The smile deepens a bit; oh so well do I read his very mind... and his heart.

I approach him, and let my clawed hand clap upon his shoulder.

"Come, my friend," I offer into his thoroughly disgusted ears. "It is not that she does not trust you. It is that she, out of love for the one you love as well, would protect you from any possible harm.

"Let us go and discuss these matters a bit between ourselves before the return of the others, and thus get to know each other better."

With that I gently guide this young man out of the Dining Hall, and into another room lit by the soft light of firelight. There I bid him make himself comfortable, settling myself before a fire which matches my eyes, and wait for the return of my Chosen One and her entourage.

((OOC: Follow Aelvdaar and Erik into When The Bough Breaks thread in the "Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple" forum, thank you.))

[ 08-12-2002 05:23 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

I am NOT a Jedi....

Posts: 393 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.34

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e