my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » Evil Among Us (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Printable Version
Author Topic: Evil Among Us
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-05-2002 11:27 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The dark form of entaris stood looking at roan for a moment, clearly considering what he had been told, then a dark cackle escaped from beneath the dark hood and his glowing eyes slowly turned to the form of Desolist and another Cackle came forth.

Entaris spoke in an evil and mocking voice, "very well, Desolist's power shall be increased"

As he finished the sentance his red eyes shot forth streams of gleming fire that searched out and connected with Desolist's ancient eyes, as the flames entered the Dark jedi's mind desolist was lifted from the ground. Dark fire sourounded his body, burning away the ancient skin, corresing the skeleton of what had been desolist, after a few moments of this the skin returned, but desolist looked slightly younger, most of the wrinkles were now gone, and for a moment the gleaming red eyes that had once belonged to entaris shone forth from Desolists eyes, then the fire shot back and returned to entaris's dark hood once again at home in the hoods cool shadows.

"it is done" entaris said looking at the new and improved desolist, "he now holds the fraction of my power, i will have to regenerate this energy later...hrmm..but i am still be strong enough to take care of a few tasks"

Entaris's dark laugh echoed throughout the room and then he spoke again, this time directly to desolist "Be warned though, dark jedi, the power you now hold is greater then any evil you could ever know, if you missuse this power, your pysical form will shatter, and unlike me, you will not survive..." he stoped as wondering if he had said to much then reasumed, "yes, i once had a physical form, my power destroyed it when i tried to envoke it fully, but my spirit remained, and i am as powerful as ever...but remember, you will not be so lucky should you go beyond your limits. You have been warned"

once again looking at roan entaris spoke again.
"what exactly do you need done?"

[ 06-05-2002 11:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.96
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-05-2002 11:40 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I gulped away the shiver of fear that rushed through me at Shawn's disclosure, frowning. It wasn't that I was surprised to hear it, Roon's Treasure, no!

It's just that actually hearing my selfsame thoughts being put into words....

I sighed a little, snuggling against Terrin and staring down at the ring on my finger.

There was just no way, no way in Hell's Seven Circles that we'd ever have a moment's peace while those dark forces were after me. First they had ripped off Terrin's arm. Then I had been attacked, my child -- well, I thought it was at first -- taken from me the moment she was born. Now the Beast had returned to scar two friends, maybe for life, and simply because they were trying to help me face the travails which lay ahead....

I sighed again, then firmed. Giving Terrin's arm a loving squeeze I stepped out from their protective circle and approached the medbed upon which Nassy lay. Hesitantly at first, I reached out and lay my hand upon her arm. Her flesh was a pale mint green, and cold as death.

I shuddered, blinking back tears which rushed to fill my eyes at the thought that no matter what I could ever do from this point, nothing would ever take back this terrible injury my very presence had brought to these people. Their staunch loyalty to me was overwhelming; I swallowed shakily, stroking the Twi'lek's cold arm.

Then I pursed my lips, my mind made up. I whirled to face them all, but my eyes were only for Terrin's.

"Whe- when the- the time comes," I stuttered a bit, unwilling to say the words. Then the thought of Nassy eased their passage from my mouth. "When the time comes, you've got to surrender me to them," I finally burst out in a rush. "Trust me, Terrin, you just have to.

"I'm not going to be the cause of any more attacks or injury on anybody. If they have me, they'll leave you alone.

"Besides--" I broke off then, unwilling to go further, and clammed up tighter than a Toydarian on payday. All I could do was stare deeply into the eyes of my husband, willing with all my strength that he understand....

--------------------

"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.213
Terrin Danner

Exceptional Salesman turned Really Nice Guy

Member # 110

posted 06-06-2002 12:18 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a moment Terrin simply closed his eyes, completely undersanding Galen's logic.

But he would not, could not leave her alone in this. And regardless of the logic, he also somehow knew the Sith would NOT leave them alone, whether they turned her over to him or not.

Opening his eyes again, he stepped closer to her and placed a hand under her chin. For a moment he simply stared into her tear filled eyes. "Sweetheart, I understand your logic," he started with, "But I for one thing don't believe that the Sith would simply leave us alone if we did turn you over.

"And that is something I simply refuse to do. Now, what everyone else here chooses to do is ultimately up to them. But I said til death do us part, and I meant every word of it. There's no need for you to face this alone any longer, Galen Danner."

Then he fell silent, simply waiting for her response as he yet looked into her eyes.

[ 06-06-2002 12:20 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

"Where's the horns, flyboy?"
~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.34
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-06-2002 12:51 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
For a long moment I stood there, looking deeply into Terrin's eyes. Then--

"I don't want anything to happen to you, Terrin," I whispered. "I-- oh, Great Khaandon's Ghost, let's just get the hell to Khar Delba and find my daughter!" I burst out suddenly, not wanting to just stand there any longer with everyone so quiet and serious, suddenly wanting to draw away from Terrin's touch for reasons even I couldn't completely come to grips with.

I dropped my gaze from his and pulled back a bit. Then shooting Nassy's quiet form a final glance, I turned and left the medical bay, seeking any viewport where I could lose myself and our predicament to the steady and comforting glow of the stars.

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.204.213
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-06-2002 01:23 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin frowned a bit to himself, not completely certain what he should do next.

Should he leave her be for a while? Or would he be risking losing her altogether in an act that she thought would protect them all if he didn't follow her? She had pulled away from him...was she trying to disengage herself from him before she finally decided she had to leave him altogther?

He made his choice in the matter, and prayed to the Maker it was the right one. Without a word, he departed from the ZZ'Shzq's sickbay and found her gazing out the closest viewport. For a moment, he stood back and cocked his head as he gazed at her, debating on what he should say, if anything at all.

She had to know he wouldn't just let her go like that.

Then he stepped in a bit closer behind her. "I don't want anything to happen to you either, Galen," he said quietly. "I know you are used to battling all this alone. And I know your strength and independence...but even the strong need a helping hand every once in a while. I know that you don't want me to be hurt...for any of us to be hurt...but the truth is that I need to be there for you, regardless of the danger. Filling that spot in your life somehow completes me in a way I can't fully explain, and you've got to trust me when I say that I know giving you over to these demons willingly won't stop them. The only thing that will is to destroy them, and the only way we can do that is if we find our little girl and protect her. And she'll need her mother...as will I."

At that Terrin quieted, placing one hand on her shoulder.

[ 06-06-2002 12:57 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen
It is a far greater thing to live a life with purpose and risk death than to simply live.~~CMH

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.171
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-07-2002 05:59 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stared at the unmoving stars beyond the viewport.

Funny how I know we're just blasting through space here, a good 30,000 kps at least, and they don't even move. I thought to myself as I remained unflinching under Terrin's light touch. Then I shivered, suddenly feeling very, very small.

Terrin's hand automatically tightened in response, and I while I did nothing to hinder it the tiniest of frowns came to my face. Glad my back is to him at the moment, I switched rontos in midstream. I understand what he is saying... but what about what I need?

Then I smoothed away all tell-tale signs and turned to him. "And what I need, Terrin, is for you to find my daughter. Promise me you'll find her... my-- our little Jhin'Darra."

For a moment more I stood silently searching his face, seeking to find that which I was so urgently looking for... and finding it not. I blinked, smiled a sad sort of smile, then trying not to make it seem too sudden, I lightly pulled away from his hand, stepped past him, and headed back to our quarters to try and regain the slumber that had been so hideously interrupted by the appearance of that imp from Hell.

Hours later....

I held my breath, listening to the silence around me, one marred only by Terrin's gentle snores from where he lay beside me. One arm was draped protectively over my torso; I let out the breath I had been holding in the quietest of sighs and wiggled out from underneath his arm. As his arm flopped limply away upon the mattress I held my breath again... but no, he didn't stir.

Quietly, emulating the manner in which I had sneaked away from Sorben's side not too long ago, I slid smoothly to the floor. There I paused, crouching... still no movement from my husband. Taking in another silent breath, I rose upright and stood silently beside the bed.

For a long moment I simply stared down at him, drinking in his dear features, trying to absorb them into my very being as though I would never see them again.

Khaandon only knew if I would.

Then I glided on cat's-feet to our locker, removed my Sith flightsuit I had gotten from my ex-husband, and slid into it. It fitted me like a shadow, and made me nearly as difficult to see in the dark. I reached back into the cupboard, seeking... finding. I removed the two hidden objects, placed them inside my flightsuit, and secured them there.

Then I simply left our quarters, and headed directly to the nearest escape pod bay.

This little yacht really was a top-of-the-line model; it had three of the latest in escape pods. All three, while small, contained hyperdrive engines and could sustain life within them for up to two months per each of the three individuals they could carry.

I didn't even need my fingers to do the math. This baby would do nicely. And better yet: it had absolutely nothing in the way of any kind of shielding whatsoever, save for normal blast ones. To anyone using the All or the Force or whatever, I would be blinking like a beacon.

I just hoped the right individual would find me first.

Refusing to think any more about my comrades or my friends... and most of all, about my husband... I quickly reached out, let my fingers do a dance of deliberation on the navboard...

...and let the little pod take me off to the particular destiny I hoped I would obtain.

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.61
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 06-07-2002 06:01 PM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
DaRk
vOiD
VoIdLeSs NoW
bRiNging nIgHt

A tiny green light suddenly began to blink, bringing my raptor's eyes into abrupt focus upon it, bringing a smile even more raptorial for its utter iciness into life upon my face.

I reached out, flicked off the sensor, switched another one on. My smile broadened.

Now I reached out with those talents I have honed over the years, talents far stronger than they were when we had first met. How delicious would this meeting be....

"Hello, Galen," I hissed into the soft night, now sliding my heavily modified Defender into the wake of the little pod and opening my docking bay doors. "So nice to have you aboard...."

The tractor beam latched on with a click of finality, and slowly the little pod was drawn aboard my ship, the Wrath. No sooner had the doors whooshed shut than I turned the ship about its axis, and disappeared into hyperspace.

Behind me, a series of implanted sensor ghosts would muddle the tracking systems of ships the size of a star destroyer, and would bring serious consternation to anything larger. No one would be on our tail for quite some time...

...but there most assuredly was someone waiting for us on the other end.

[ 06-07-2002 06:08 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Gravin Dark ]

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.61
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-08-2002 01:22 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I sat cross-legged on the cold durasteel floor of the hangar bay, my head nodding into my fist, elbow on knee, and in this manner quietly considered the waffling form of the piece of Hutt-slime that had swooped out of nowhere and stuck me yet again into a Force Cage. He stood on the other side of the shielding, careful to keep his distance, and merely sent me an owl's stare with his unsettling yellow eyes.

I scowled back blackly.

Sheesh, Galen ol girl, don't even begin to think of taking up sabaac! I berated myself. With your wonderful luck....

I heaved a sigh and my scowl grew even more black. Sheesh, when the odds were two out of three, you'd think....

The ebony-skinned Hunter sent me a glacial smile. Then, remaining obstinately silent, he nodded his head to me, turned, and stumped out of the hangar bay. The door whooshed shut behind him; somehow I had the feeling that it wasn't going to open until we got to wherever it was we were going.

Ok, ok... so you didn't end up exactly where you planned on ending up. This can still be put to your advantage.

Refusing to give in to despair, bolstered by the fact that Desolist -- it just had to be him yanking on Dark's leash -- at least seemed to want me alive and uninjured, I put all further thoughts of death and gloom and such away from me, and turned to the problem at hand.

This could still work... the thought flicked briefly through my head again, even as my hand reached up almost with a will of its own to pat against the front of my flightsuit.

Thank Khaandon I hadn't been searched, just slammed directly into this Force Cage.

I took courage from all the above points in my favor, meager as they were, and once again settled down to plan my next route of action.

It wasn't as if I could do anything else at the moment.

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.29
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-08-2002 01:53 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Terrin's eyes snapped open, something suddenly and oh-so-very wrong jarring him from sleep.

The something wrong was apparently obvious.

He sat up, ruffling his hair with his hand in confusion.

Where was Galen? Where were they? Had they reached Khar Delba...? Why hadn't he been notified...?

He frowned, forcing himself to stand up and face the reality that was suddenly starting to become scarier and scarier by the moment.

Slipping on a flightsuit, Terrin wandered to the cabin. With each step, something more and more menacing began to creep up in him.

Into the cabin...

Matt turned, his eyebrow raised. "You okay?" he asked.

"Have you seen Galen?" he asked instead of answering.

"Last I knew...she was with you."

"Run a systems check," Terrin requested quietly.

Matt arched an eyebrow, but turned to the monitor and complied. In a moment, he turned around. "Everything is normal, excepting one missing escapepod. Has that always been the case?"

At that, Terrin leaned against the bulkhead, his head suddenly beginning to spin, his heart to ache.

"Terrin...?"

Something of the old Terrin began trying to claw and scratch its way out and upward, striving to give himself a voice. She's gone, buddy. And you were stupid enough to think she would stay? You should have really known better. You should have kept to yourself...

Then, quite suddenly, that particular inward door was slammed shut, and yet another opened.

Terrin, if you aren't enough without her, you'll NEVER be enough with her...

That followed on the heels by something she had so recently said to him...

"And what I need, Terrin, is for you to find my daughter. Promise me you'll find her... my-- our little Jhin'Darra."

Completely oblivious to the concerned looks his crew members were giving him, Terrin continued upon this path of thought.

Her daughter. Their daughter. Had she gone alone to find her...?

Then, another thought.

"When the time comes, you've got to surrender me to them. Trust me, Terrin, you just have to."

Somehow, Terrin just knew she was making herself bait for those baddies.

Dark and Desolist? Her Ex-sister? That other Sith demon from Hell who'd had his way with her?

Terrin shuddered.

What if, after all this struggle, he lost her to these demons?

The Universe was spinning out of control...

...Find my daughter...

Quite suddenly, Shawn burst into the cabin. "Galen's Force signature is..."

He cut himself off, glancing over to Terrin, who was still leaning against the bulkhead, not looking so well.

"What happened?" Shawn asked instead.

"She left," Terrin whispered.

And now he hadn't a clue where she was. Or how to find her. Not even a clue where to start. She could be dead...

Terrin shuddered again.

You know what you have to do, buddy, don't you? an inward voice prompted.

...find my daughter...

For a moment, he closed his eyes, trying to calm the raging emotions within and in the same act shoving the old shell of himself as far away as he possibly could.

If you truly love her, you'll do what she needed you to do.

He opened his eyes again, well aware that everyone was waiting for him to say the words for them to divert and seek out Galen.

"Continue the course to Khar Delba," he whispered. "We've gotta find the baby. Everything relies on her," he said, his voice growing more assured as he spoke. "That's what Galen wanted, so that's what we're gonna do. We'll just have to find Galen...after we find Darra," he finished.

Even so, a menacing voice did manage to add, That is, if she's still out there for you to find...

[ 06-08-2002 02:07 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Terrin Danner ]

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.85
Terrin Danner

Member # 110

posted 06-08-2002 11:48 AM     Profile for Terrin Danner   Author's Homepage   Email Terrin Danner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OCC: Follow Terrin, his crew and all others aboard the ZZ'Shzq to "Return to Khar Delba" in the Jedi Praxeum and Sith Temple forum as their journey continues...))

--------------------

~~Galen

Posts: 1187 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: May 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.159
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 06-08-2002 01:10 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Ransacker slipped into an equatorial orbit about K'eel Doba as smoothly as a dianoga gliding through a refuse heap. I remained thus for a couple revolutions, thinking things over, before finally bringing her down upon this dreary planet's dreary surface. I made planetfall in a whirl of sand and other smaller particles, about a half a klick away from a very familiar crater.

Might just as well begin where I left off, I thought to myself as I powered down. A quick once-over of my personal weapons, and I was ready. Moments later I stood out beneath the pitiful sun this system had, turning my helmeted head around 270 to take in my surroundings.

Yup, this was the place all right....

I tapped a control on my wrist, and the gangway retracted. The hatch tucked it into bed with a clang. I didn't even bother to turn around, but headed off in a beeline for the lip of the crater which loomed ahead of me. After much grunting and sweating -- not pleasant when one is encased in Mandalorian armor -- I gained the lip, and stood looking down upon its interior.

It was about three-quarters of a klick in diameter, and half a klick deep. I sighed as I looked down into the desolation its interior presented to me: it looked absolutely empty of anything other tumbled rock, sand, dirt and scree.

But I knew there was something down there... or at least ought to be down there.

Turning sideways and planting each foot firmly, I began to scrabble down the slope into the crater. Upon occasion my boots would sink up to the ankle in the soft materials, then would strike the tortured upthrust bedrock the ancient impact had sent to the surface. That wasn't pleasant; if I wasn't careful, I could easily twist or break an ankle, or worse.

I slowed down, yet chomping at the bit to reach bottom....

Finally the slope lessened, and soon was relatively flat. Now I could hurry at a faster pace... and hurry I did, whipping my sensor out as I did so and scanning about myself.

C'mon, c'mon... they have to be here, I know they're here somewhere!

Nothing. Not so much as a blip to reward my determination. I sighed, flipping the sensor closed and putting it back on my belt, then began doing it the hard way.

Visually.

Hours later....

I sighed, and plopped down on the harsh surface of the crater's interior. My exhaustive search had resulted in nothing but my own exhaustion. I pursed my lips in disgust then, as I realized why Galen had come here when she had slipped out from me that night.

She got them first. Very well, then. As my great aunt Narala used to say, "Even Imperial clouds have a golden lining."

I might not have found what I was hunting for... but I knew who had it. And simply for the fact that the items were in her hot little hands I knew as well where she was going.

You're going to have a hard time of it, babes.... I thought as I stood up, reaching down to slap some of the dust from this miserable planet off of my armor. You should have stuck with me.

If you only knew....

Taking a deep breath, I turned round, and after another session of serious scrambling gained the lip of the crater once again. From there it was nothing to zip down the outer slope; in less time than one would consider I had reached Ransacker, keying in the code for her to open the hatch and allow me entry. She did so, welcoming me with an automatic powering up of her systems.

The hatch had scarcely closed when I blasted off, heading straight back to a place where at this point in my career I most definitely did not wish to go....

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.189
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 06-09-2002 11:56 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A day or so had passed since I had broken from K'eel Doban orbit. Days which I passed in something of a glum frame of mind, thinking back over the year I had spent with Galen and all we had gone through with each other...

...all I thought we had meant to each other.

Now I sighed, keying into my saved files and bringing up my latest contract. I stared at it morosely.

Is this what we have become now, babes? I couldn't help the thought as it flashed into my head. I can always figure a way out of this for us... we always could. We were a great team, babes, practically unstoppable....

That thought triggered another; I jerked out of the darkness into which I had slowly been settling and glanced at the chrono.

About another couple hours... better get ready.

With that I rose to my feet, approached a hidden storage locker the Admiral had built into this ship at earlier specifications I had sent to him. Reached in to where I had hidden a particular object which in the past I had shared with Galen had come in quite handy on more than one occasion...

...and drew out the belt to the Sith flightsuit I had given her to wear. The very same flightsuit she had had with her on Jester II, and one which I had managed to retrieve before Seus had slapped that lien against me and entirely too many guards around that wonderful little ship.

With another sigh arising from memories past, I snapped the belt on. Wonderful item... the last person to wear it had been Galen, and her waist is practically nothing. Yet it now adjusted itself accordingly to accomodate my own, armor included.

My thoughts heavy with the last time this particular item had been put to use, I now reached down a gloved hand and activated a certain control on the front of the belt. There was a barely perceptible thrummm in response, and the atmosphere around me seemed to blink.

Safely hidden behind the weird shield which made me invisible to others, a shield which expanded out to encompass Ransacker as well, a shield which I hadn't a clue as to what made it operate but knew it had hidden Galen and I more than once from her nasty sister and others who had been so hot to nail us, I sat down at the helm, patiently waiting for my proximity sensor to tell me something interesting was about to occur.

[ 06-09-2002 01:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.151
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 06-09-2002 12:12 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
This was beginning to be more than a touch annoying.

I remained seated in the middle of the Force Cage, legs crossed, my elbows planted on my knees, hands dangling between them, and for the eleventy-millionth time cast a glowering look at the yellow-eyed piece of sludge standing silently on the other side. I didn't know why in Hell's Seven Circles Dark kept coming here to stare at me like he did; maybe he was trying to drive me mad, to lower my emotional defenses enough where I would be easier to handle.

A chuckle of dark humor rose up in me at that thought. Buddy, if that's the case, you've got it smack on the bull's-eye! I thought to myself grimly. But I'm on to your little Dark Side mind tricks....

I simply leveled my gaze straight back into his raptor eyes, and tried to match his glare nuance for nuance. I knew there was no way I'd manage to intimidate this guy, but the attempt at least made me feel good. And in a weird way, at least I wasn't alone.

Suddenly Dark spoke up.

"We approach our destination... whelp," he said in a grating whisper that sent sudden chills careering up and down my spine.

Whelp?!

Delivering a slow and knowing smile that daggered into my heart, one that finally began to succeed where all his earlier glares and stares had failed, the Hunter turned on his heel and clumped from the docking bay.

I lowered my head between my legs, beginning to shake now with a series of tremors which came out of nowhere and absolutely would not stop....

[ 06-09-2002 12:15 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Galen ]

--------------------

Posts: 1456 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.151
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 06-09-2002 12:55 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A little red light began flashing for attention. It broke into my reveries efficiently enough; I immediately uncrossed my feet and flicked it off.

Thanks again, Admiral, I thought out into the ether, as if he could hear me. Shrugged mentally; for all I knew the guy could. He was weirrrd....

And thank you, Mr. Dark, for not bothering to do a sensor sweep of your slimy ship! The practically nonexistent homing beacon still ticked faithfully away from the place on his hull where Seus had shot it over a year ago; Khaandon's Ghost, but I can't believe Dark hadn't found it yet. Talk about the utmost in egotism....

Well, that ego of his was bound to be his downfall, I thought as I brought Ransacker into a quietly nondescript orbit about this planet hidden deeply in the outskirts of the Galaxy.

Said downfall I was about to do my damnedest to initiate now. Like my great aunt Narala always used to say, "No better way to pick off a pack of nek than one at a time..." and the less nek around, the better chance the hunting sandcat has of stealing their little womprat....

Checking to make certain the orbit I had placed Ransacker in was one not easily discernable by curiosity or mere luck, I now headed off to my modified escape pod. In moments I was shooting down into the noisome green gases this planet called an atmosphere, and soon was trundling along its surface like the sensor ghost I knew I would be taken as.

There. Up ahead.

By brows furrowed to see where Dark had landed his ship, right out in the middle of barren nothing. Hehe... well did I know where all the high-tech stuff existed on this particular planet, and buddy, it wasn't on the surface. I settled down like a whisper, held my breath when his head shot up alertly; even from this distance I could plainly see his yellow eyes narrowing as he glanced quickly about himself.

Then he turned back to his ship. From my angle I couldn't quite make out what he was doing, so I was more than a little surprised when he stepped back again, yanking a familiar -- and very defiant -- short and red-headed form out with him. I winced as he slapped her, scowling darkly now as old feelings flashed into hot life within me.

Buddy, that's the last mistake you'll ever make!

Into the fray once again....

I leapt forward like silent death, hitting my netgun as I did so.

Dark didn't even know what had hit him; he didn't even have time to realize he was being attacked when both he and Galen were wrapped within its steely coils. I reached down to the belt and flicked off the EM-bending device of the Sith, my other gloved hand now stretched out to Galen, fingers waggling.

"If you wanna breath free air, give it to me!" I yelled at her, not even bothering with preliminaries. I knew she had it at one point... hoped like hell she still did.

It would be a much more...fitting ending for this particular piece of grime, after all. Not to mention the savings in wear and tear on my blaster.

Galen turned those wonderful brown eyes my way, clearly stunned . But not too stunned to put two and two together, and come up with a sum greater than their parts. She fumbled with the zipper to her flightsuit, reached within, drew out a silvery object...

...and, straining against the wildly thrashing Gravin Dark, who even now was getting his composure back, tossed it out to me.

A lightsaber.

Gravin Dark's lightsaber.

I didn't give the Hunter the time to come even close to releasing himself from the entangling snare I had placed him in. I just leaped forward, plunging the blade up to its hilt in his black and fetid heart.

Hoping to hell I had killed him for the second... and maybe, just maybe, final time....

I paused, panting, waiting to see if any automatic devices would yank us away as they had the last time I thought I had destroyed him, back to any hidden fortress where his body could again be reunited with his life's force.

Nope. Still here. Looks like the saber still had that stone in it....

I sighed in relief, slashing now with the blade, reaching in and yanking the still stunned Galen out of the remnants of the net with my armored hand, pulling her against me and tilting my helmeted face down to lose myself, just once more, in her enormous brown eyes.

"You're an awfully hard person to hang onto, babes," I said softly.

Then, with no further ado, I whirled. Dragging Galen along, I stuffed us aboard the escape pod. In moments more we were safely back aboard the hidden Ransacker. And in but a few more, safely away into the protective embrace of hyperspace.

[ 06-09-2002 01:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Sorben Tarnus ]

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.176
Dark Lord Roan

Ultimate Sith Lord and Warrior

Member # 137

posted 06-09-2002 03:36 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Warrior Lord stood in an even darker miasma of anger, staring at the scene which unfolded so dramatically -- not to mention unexpectedly -- within the depths of the crystal viewing device. While every fiber of his blackened being burned with dangerously escalating rage, the only movement he made to indicate this was the quick clenching of one evilly clawed hand.

Behind him, the younger Desolist showed no such restraint.

"MY HUNTER!!" he whined, reaching a clawed hand of his own to scrabble at Lord Roan's shoulder. "That infernal bounty hunter has killed--!"

"...one who isn't of much use to us if he can be overcome with such ease, old man."

Now the Sith Lord turned round to face Desolist, who stepped back a bit before the molten heat burning in that dark one's turquoise eyes. They remained in this position for a moment longer, before Desolist managed to get his own raging thoughts under some semblance of control.

"Of greater importance, he has managed to retrieve your... whelp." Now it was his turn to laugh to himself, seeing Lord Roan's outrage become even more ungodly. He snickered, presenting himself as an oxymoron on two feet, a young and obviously virile and powerful dark jedi hunched over, twisting his hands together in the senseless manner he was always wont to do.

Roan shot him a look that would have melted iron. Then the sneer on his face segued into a dark smile.

"Indeed, that he has, my friend." His clawed hand raised to come down heavily on Desolist's shoulder. "But it is of no great concern to us."

Desolist frowned in consternation. "What of--" he began, only to be interrupted as Roan placed a single and singularly sharp claw against his lips.

"We can always find her, Desolist. This Galaxy isn't big enough for her to hide from the All, as well you know. And I have other... means... at my disposal."

Now he turned back to the sphere, his lips curling into an even blacker grin of purely evil glee as the green phosphorescence within swirled and coalesced into the gibbering form of a particularly demonic imp. He stood there a long moment, regarding the view of Maladius, before drawing back with a small movement of one hand. Within the sphere, Maladius form disappeared, to be replaced by swirling greenness once again.

Now he turned his attention to the hovering Entaris.

"My friend," he purred, "perhaps you could make yourself of some use to us. Now we are aware of the treachery of the bounty hunter, and indeed, of his cunning. He has managed to... appropriate certain devices of the Old Sith, devices even the All cannot break through, for of the All are they devised.

"Perhaps you would... be so kind as to discover just what the immediate plans are which this hunter--" Here he spat in distaste "--seems to have up his sleeve. He would not dare to act against me-- against us --if he wasn't under the protection of someone else.

"I mean to discover who this is."

He fell quiet then, waiting, the only sign of the rage which yet burned within him being the steady clenching and unclenching of one great, clawed hand.

--------------------

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.207.179
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-09-2002 07:03 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The dark form of Entaris stood, clearly pleased by the anger that had been emited. Then, as if awaking from a daze, his own eyes flared to life.

"This hunter?you wish for me to discover what his plans are? such things are possible, is there anything else you wish done while i accomplish this?"

Entaris' form shimmers slightly, as if for a moment, he had ceased to be. After which he seemed to be waiting for something, when he seemed to be satisfied about whatever it was he spoke again.

"yes, such things are within my power...What kind of plans is it that you wish to learn of? destination? alliences?"

[ 06-09-2002 07:21 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Entaris ]

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.50
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 06-09-2002 09:00 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark Lord Roan's turquoise eyes narrowed to dark slits as he considered not only Entaris's questions, but of greater importance, sensed the deeply rooted and thoroughly slavering eagerness to create havoc and pain that seemed to make up the very foundation of his dark ally. His sensual lips curled into a promising sort of smile.

"Yessss, my friend." His voice seemed to slither upon the air like a snake through oil as he clapped a hand upon Entari's black-robed shoulder. Once more that strange chill wafted through him at the touch; once more he shivered in the pure and evil delight of it. "The more you can discover about the doings of this Sorben Tarnus, the better. Learn everything you can: who he is now answering to, where he is planning on taking the whelp... although somehow I don't believe he is going to go through with whatever contract he has otherwise made.

"But--" He paused briefly, his eyes becoming impossibly darker. "Do take your time and have...fun with it all, my friend. Follow these two, play with them, if you will, and I promise they will fill you with as much fear and pain and anger as you can possibly handle."

He drew back a bit, raising a claw to his lips, lightly scratching his flesh with its sharp tip. "In fact, this would be far better than merely recapturing and dragging them back to moulder here; let us... toy with them for a bit, if you will."

Exposing his fangs in an evil smile of delight, the one finger now moving to tap lightly upon the hard blackened enamel of a sharply pointed canine, he chuckled. Then he waited for Entaris's response.

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.206.213
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-09-2002 11:26 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Entaris nods his approval, then says evily. "yes" thinking back to roans exact words a hiddiously malicious sound escaps from under the dark hood, vaguly resembling laughter.
the laughter stops suddenly and entaris looks into the shadows as they once again adopt an evil presence. Entaris gives a quick nod before a small dark creature comes forth from the shadows.
"yes my shadowling, you finaly arrive, now, this is very important." entaris' voice comes out to the creature dripping with an evil tone.
Apone hearing the voice the strange black creature comes eagerly to entaris.
Entaris' voice comes forth again. "You must find the hunter...find him, and bring news of his location, tell me as soon as you achieve your goals, DO NOT allow him to become awar of your presence if and when you find him. GO!"

The second entaris finished the sentance the strange creature dissapeared into the shadows from wence it came.

Entaris turns slowly to roan and laughs once more, "i will get you that information my friend..." apone finishing entaris strides into the shadows, but before vanishing he says to desolist "Remember dark jedi, you have been warned" the red eyes flare one last time within the shadows before they vanish completly.

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.74
Trel kentar

Member # 230

posted 06-10-2002 11:49 PM     Profile for Trel kentar   Author's Homepage   Email Trel kentar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A deep sigh escaped from Trels mouth as he finished his meditation, He sensed something, though he was not quiet sure what, he would keep his senses attuned to the space about him. Suddenly his ships computer beeped "scanns are complete trel" trel switched his computer to voice recognishion and replied, thanks, what are the resaults? the computer spoke once more, "a strange gravity field is being emmited from near by, though the source can not be found..., To this trel thought for a moment. "bring us closer to the field.

(OOC: Welp, im officialy at Khar delba)

--------------------

"im just a loser jedi, in a vast univers of winners..."
Section 4, article three of Trels book of facts

Posts: 64 | From: Phelan | Registered: Jun 2002  |  Logged: 67.219.51.123
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 06-13-2002 10:19 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Sith Lord stood staring into his crystal polyhedron, his lips curled in a sneer. The sneer deepened as Desolist dropped a clawed hand upon his shoulder.

"She was here," he said matter-of-factly. Then his tone darkened. "Yet you did not reach out for her, Roan. Both have now slipped from you!"

The only thing to betray the Sith Lord's black thoughts was a slight movement of his jaw as he clenched his teeth.

"Neither shall get beyond my capabilities to retrieve them, when the time comes."

Now he whirled, his hand flashing out to imprison Desolist's in a grip of durasteel.

"How little faith you have in me, my old friend," he said, his eyes narrowing meaningfully. "You would do good to revive it, for as such it betrays you."

Desolist frowned, then yanked his hand from Roan's grasp with a snarl. Or at least, he tried to; there was a lightning blur, and once again the Dark Warrior Lord of the Sith had his hand firmly about the other's.

Their eyes met across that grip.

Then Roan nodded his horned head, his turquoise eyes deepening to glacial blue, and he released Desolist. In one gracefully flowing motion, he turned about to gaze once more into the viewing crystal.

"All shall come about as I have foreseen, my friend," he said in a cold whisper. "All in due time...."

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.199.182
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 06-14-2002 12:16 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
((OOC: Follow Mr. Tarnus and Galen into the Persistence of Memory thread in this forum, thank you.))

--------------------

I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.104.52
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-14-2002 06:29 PM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Entaris sat within the shadowy depths of the room provided to him by Roan. his mind wandered slowly through the depths of the darkness, meanwhile his form shimmered in the darkness, only half existing within that dimension.

Suddenly another black form apeared from the darkness and approched the sitting form of entaris. the eager voice of the strange thing came forth, "He has come from hyperspace... I believe that he exited near kashyyk" entaris' red eyes suddenly flared to life apone hearing this, his mind puting the peices of the puzzle together.
Entaris stood and faded into the shadows allowing his form to dissapate and return in a new location...the room where roan and desolist stood watching the strange crystal.

Entaris was silent as night as he entered the room, and then his dark voice shot out calling attention to himself "the wookie home world..." he then faded into the shadows, again, his substance being transferred from one shadow to the next.

the dark intentions and purpose of entaris travled at unmatchable speed through the darkness of space taking him almost instantly into the depths of Kashyyk's forests.

(OOC: Please follow Entaris to the "Persistence of Memory" thread, thanky)

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.227.22.75
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 06-26-2002 10:10 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
THe dark form of entaris steps suddenly from the shadows, where roan and desolist stood eying that strange crystal.

"i return" he said darkly, "but unfortunatly, i have lost track of sorben... im sure you already know that though"

Entaris then approuched the two and waited reply

--------------------

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 67.225.96.44
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 07-03-2002 06:19 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Dark Lord of the Warrior clan turned toward Entaris with an evil smile.

"It is of little consequence, my friend," he smiled. He then turned from Entaris, the powerful muscles of his shoulders rippling and flexing.

"Such fools abound in this galaxy," he hissed, exposing his great fangs and licking them with anticipation. "Such a small universe they dwell in... and oh how they consider themselves its Masters...."

Entaris merely blinked his blood-red eyes, and watched as the powerful Warrior Lord of the Sith now nodded toward the viewing crystal, through which he had been watching events transpire such as he could, following Entaris' doings, watching as his prey had popped in and out of apparent existence like the pulsing emissions of a spinning neutron star.

"They have brought the whelp to me," he commented lightly...

...and opening a portal through the All, reached out and stepped through amidst the flare of sith flames and into the cramped interior of the modified TIE fighter, which even now was fleeing for Khar Delban space.

His turquoise eyes glared at those before him, stopping at Recinis.

"I trust you were delivering her to me," he purred in a deathly whisper. "I would hate to think you were acting as a traitor to the Sith.

"But you need not go out of your way any longer."

Before they could react, he raised one great clawed hand, blasting them with the All from frozen startlement and into utter immobility. Turned his horned head in the confining interior, now reaching out to where the unconscious Galen now lay. And in one great and omnipotent movement snatched her to his chest and held her in a grip of steel. His claws gripped her flesh, and he glared over the top of her head at Recinis and Narcolm.

"Give the Chosen Daughter my greetings," he hissed, "and advise her to be wary. She knows not with whom she is dealing in me."

With that he released them from his control, and disappeared back through the flames which had carried him here, taking Galen with him.

The flames extinguished as the portal began to close....

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.192.44
Dark Lord Roan

Member # 137

posted 07-03-2002 08:11 PM     Profile for Dark Lord Roan   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lord Roan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dark Lord Roan could feel Galen's distress the moment he laid his claws upon her. Stepping forth from the portal with a blaze of sith fire to accompany him, he held her limp body tightly to him and went directly to Entaris.

He held the silent form, still draped in the robes of the Sith, out to the dark priest.

"I have seen you enter into the minds and souls of others," he began, his voice strangely respectful. "So you believe--"

"What do you need her conscious for, Roan?" the whining voice of Desolist now interjected as he came up to sniff down his nose at Galen. "For the purpose which you intend to use her for, this state of being seems to be... an excellent one!" He cackled like a crony, rubbing his hands together in hideous glee at the images this statement brought to his mind.

The Dark Warrior Lord frowned, turning his penetrating look back upon the unconscious woman he yet held. One great clawed hand reached out to trace a horrible parody of a caress upon her face.

"It is my desire that she is conscious of all that will proceed, old man," he finally whispered in an icy voice. "There are means at my disposal, but her normal state of mental and emotional health is the best assurance of her being impregnated successfully."

Now he turned away from Desolist altogether, who only scowled in return. His turquoise eyes boring into the very soul of the darkness that was Entaris, the Dark Lord of the Warrior Clan quietly waited to hear his reply.

--------------------

Posts: 214 | From: The darker side of midnight.... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.207.178

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e