my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » A Wrinkle In Time (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Wrinkle In Time
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 07:01 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Space and time exist together. This is a known fact. For without one, the other cannot exist. One cannot cross space without passing through time; nor can one pass through time without moving from one space into another.

Her arms finding their way about her Adept, feeling the young woman's heart threatening to burst through her chest, Graysith closed her eyes to the mysteries of the All that carried them impossibly through space without touching time, and let a single tear squeeze from beneath her lids. It trailed down the planes of her face, at length dropping to wet Shayla's hair as she continued to hold the young woman with a grip born of something akin to despair.

All of eternity coiled into a knot, which suddenly unraveled and spit them out from its embrace. Together they stepped out, their feet crunching upon sandy and barren soil, their eyes blinking as they tried to accustom themselves to the dim light which surrounded them.

Shayla took in a deep and shuddery breath, and swayed. Graysith only tightened her arms about her, steadying her until she was certain her young adopted sister had gained solid footing. Then she moved her hands gently onto Shayla's shoulders, turning her around to face her. Her violet eyes, luminous with emotion, gazed into the shaken greeny-blue pair which widened before her.

Shayla opened her mouth to question, but was silenced by a gentle hand there. "Ssh," Graysith made a request of the order. "I haven't much time."

Glancing quickly about herself, her eyes at length rested on that which she had sought. "Come with me, quickly," she now commanded, and took Shayla by the hand. Moving with a swift grace, she approached the face of a fault scarp which towered in front of them; at it's base was an obscure little hole. Not even pausing once, she headed directly for that hole, which grew as they came nearer until it finally revealed itself for what it was: the entrance to a cave.

"All will be explained to you soon, my dear sister," Graysith murmured as she hurried Shayla along. "Come."

No more words were spoken then, and the Chosen Daughter pulled the One she herself had Chosen by the hand, and the two of them soon disappeared into the mysterious opening in the rock. To an observer, the planet appeared to remain as it had for an eternity: utterly devoid of life.

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.158
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 07:19 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
One moment Shayla had been certain that she would die at the hands of the very one she called sister. At the next moment, something Shayla couldn't all together explain happened. And before she knew it, she and Graysith were somewhere else.

As Graysith turned Shayla to face her, reality of what the woman had done for her hit home.

She was risking so much...

...had given so much...

...and just Shayla had begun to truly believe she had again failed her. And maybe, on Sullust, she had. But the look in her sister's eyes assured her that while she might have failed, Graysith still had faith in that which she could do.

That which she might yet be given the chance to do even now.

Before she could ask a question, Graysith silenced her and took her by the hand, leading her into a cave. As they proceeded further and further into the cave, Shayla also realized that her recent aches and pains had all but left her, and was equally aware that a newfound love for she who had chosen her as sister was even now springing to life.

As they seemed to come to a bit of a slowing pace, Shayla whispered to the other woman the only thing she could think of for the moment. "Thank you...for believing in me, my sister..."

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.12
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 07:56 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla's softly spoken words came gently to Graysith's ears, and the Chosen Daughter of the Sith merely smiled. She knew there was no need for a reply, for such redundancy would be unnecessary. She also knew those words encompassed more than mere thanks: they represented the first steps into an as yet unfound certainty of self which Graysith knew Shayla would come to realize.

And she hoped with all her being that this place would be where that awakening would occur. The one thing that saddened her was that she would not be here to see when that particular bloom flowered into life. But she had every faith that it would happen, and perhaps more quickly if her dampening presence were removed.

There are times to teach... and times to retreat, and let the lessons be experimented with without the eyes of the Teacher looking on. For quite often those eyes can hold back impulsive acts... and quite often new discoveries are the direct descendents of impulse.

Graysith at length came to a place deep within the towering mountain range where she sensed the tunnel was opening up. As though she had lived here all her life, able thus to navigate with her eyes closed, she moved ahead into the complete blackness which surrounded them and headed with swift and sure steps some distance away from where she had left Shayla with orders to stand. Her hands played a silent duet on the surface they encountered in the dark, a surface which was quite definitely and most positively not rock but something else entirely.

Light burst into being around them, revealing the wonders of the Sith spread out in an array of ancient and utterly alien technologies. Graysith couldn't help but smile when she heard the gasp of shock which escaped from Shayla; she remembered how she had reacted when she too had first encountered this beautiful gem hidden so artfully from the eyes of the Galaxy, on that long-ago day when her Sire had brought her here to further her training.

Not to mention her reaction to that Other Place, the One of Ancient Ruin, although that memory was somewhat muzzy....

Turning to her Adept, she noticed for the first time the wounds and burns which covered the young woman's face and arms. A gasp of dismay carried her back, and she reached out gentle hands to her sister.

"I am remiss, to have let you remain in such pain!" she uttered with feeling. "You must forgive me my lapse." Speaking no further, she closed her eyes and reached out with the All, and in but moments Shayla stood whole and healed beneath her touch.

And in that healing, somewhere in the distance of the great cavern, a tiny little light flickered green.

Now she backed off a step, smiling at her handiwork. That smile widened into a grin, for it looked like Shayla hadn't even noticed what she had just done for her. All the young woman had eyes for were the banks upon banks of undecipherable machines and devices which hunkered before her, the complete immobility they had retained for over four thousand years marred only by that one little light. As though determined not to reveal any of the ancient secrets, the little light suddenly went out.

"Welcome to the Heart of the All, Shayla," she now uttered with a joyous laugh. "That place where it's ultimate energies were finally harnessed to be used, and through which the Sith will at last come forth into their own once again."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.158
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 08:10 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla hadn't meant to seem so cavalier about the healing that her sister had given her.

The heart of the All?!?

Shayla stood at the center of the room, turning and gazing for a few moments at each device surrounding her.

WHOA BABY!!!

The Heart of the All...

Sith coming forth once again...

"The return of the Sith?" Shayla whispered in awe. "As in the True Sith? When? And do I get to be a part of that?"

As the myriad of questions escaped Shayla's lips, she turned, her final question directed directly at Graysith. "What is it that you wish me to do here, my sister?"

[ 02-16-2002 08:10 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.12
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 08:35 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith raised a defensive hand against the flood of questions that poured from Shayla's lips. She remained in that pose, smiling to see how closely the young woman mirrored herself, and waited for the words to spend themselves. They finally did, with her Adept wondering what her Teacher expected her to do here.

Graysith ignored that question for the moment. "Let me tell you a story, my dear sister."

With a wave of her hand, she indicated a nearby set of stools. It was obvious to them both that they were not built for human use; their seats towered nearly four feet off the ground, and the two women had to haul themselves up to be seated. When they were ensconced as comfortably as they could be, the Chosen Daughter drew in a deep breath and began:

"Many centuries ago the Galaxy belonged to the Sith. They were a powerful and magickal race, and at first quite benevolent to all although admittedly they did rule with an iron fist. Their powers emanated from the Force still used by Jedi and Dark Jedi; at the time they had no awareness of the All."

She paused for a moment, settling herself more comfortably on the hard stool. Around her there was only silence; Shayla practically held her breath waiting for her to continue.

"The Sith divided themselves up into different clans, dependant on their abilities. I do not know how many there were; I am aware of the Sorcerer clan, of which my Sire and He Who Chose Me is a part; of the Clan of the Weapon Makers, and of the Warrior clan, to which my Dark Heart belongs." She paused again, this time in response to the quick slash of pain that flooded her. Fighting back an onrush of tears, she continued, as though the very words would wash them away.

"The head of each clan was called the Dark Lord; this one was the most powerful one in regard to what that particular clan involved. Aelvedaar is the Dark Sorcerer Lord, Roan is the Dark Warrior Lord.

"Shayla," Graysith interrupted herself, now searching intently into her Adept's eyes. "You must understand this fully. Aelvedaar and Roan are those actual clan Dark Lords; they both come from the end days of the ancient Sith civilization. I myself brought Aelvedaar into this time; I do not know how Roan came here. That he has yet to divulge to me.

"But!" she went on, once again silencing another flood of questions with an upraised hand. "Here they are, and here they remain until the destiny begun four thousand years ago comes into fruition.

"Through me."

Now she fell silent, scrutinizing her Adept's face, seeking to find something there which she wasn't even aware that she needed to find. Paused in the midst of her soliloquy, she waited to see if Shayla had any other questions to ask of her.

[ 02-16-2002 08:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.235
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 08:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla sat in quiet wonderment as Graysith revealed the tale of the Old Sith to her, as well as of the fact that she had brought Aelvedaar into this time and place.

As well as of the fact that She would be the one to at last bring the True Sith back into life. Back to rule the galaxy.

Though old Shayla, whose roots were in the Jedi way, would have been horrified by the idea of the Sith of old returning to rule, old Shayla was no longer. And a truth presented itself to Shayla; the Galaxy had recently been blighted by the Yuuzhan Vong and nearly eradicated by them. Between squabbling government officials and a host of Jedi who continually argued the lines of defense and offense amongst each other, Shayla wondered how they had ever managed to push the Vong back at all.

And something in Shayla wondered if they could truly keep the Yuuzhan Vong at bay in their current state of corruption. Perhaps the returning rule of the Old Sith was just what the Galaxy needed.

Shifting away from her thoughts and focusing on Graysith, Shayla smiled and placed her hand atop her sister's. Then, leaning in a touch, she murmered quietly, "I will help you as you need me."

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 09:17 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith smiled to see how quickly Shayla had put two and two together to come up with six. Her quick mind had immediately seen where all this was leading; Graysith actually chuckled in self satisfaction.

And HE thought she had chosen unwisely, and had no right to have done so. INDEED!!!

Then the chuckle faded and was lost to the shadows of the great cavern, and the Chosen Daughter's eyes grew vague. "I yearn for nothing more than that you will be able to assist us, my sister," she whispered softly. "Although I wonder at times if when my youngling is born I shall be needed anymore myself."

She pursed her lips, and held up her hand again. This time though, it was not to ward off a flood of questions. This time it was to quiet the rising tide of anger which began to well up within her Adept, as clearly evidenced by her growing look of outrage when Graysith's words hit home. When she was certain that Shayla would remain silent, she continued on.

"You are quite correct, my sister, in your quick observations. The True Sith are to be brought forward into this time. For they were, quite simply, robbed of their future."

The last remnants of anger in Shayla's eyes were replaced with wonderment at that statement. Her mouth open in mid-word, she silenced and remained still as stone as her Teacher continued on.

"Years passed in which they ruled the Galaxy with their great strength and power. But, as with any civilization, they began to degenerate. The power they held was all but absolute; it is well known that it therefore corrupts absolutely. I do not know what lead them to their demise, but I do know that the Sorcerer clan read the portents clearly, and worked desperately to prevent this from happening.

"They could not. But what they did manage to do was discover that the Force wasn't the only power in existence. It was but a part of a greater whole, that which I possess along with my love and my Sire. That which I am seeking to teach you: the All. The Sorcerer clan discovered this, and for years passed its secrets through succeeding generations, slaving to create the wondrous technology you see about you here-" She paused to wave a nonchalant hand. "Technology that would assist them in utilizing the All until they had grown to embody its very essence into themselves."

She paused once again for breath. "But this great discovery came too late," she pressed on. "Those who then were known as the Dark Jedi stumbled upon their ancient and crumbling civilization, and overwhelmed them. They used the magicks of the Force and took it unto themselves, blind to the discovery which had only just then occurred. This discovery was made by my Sire, Aelvedaar."

For a moment she frowned, as though a small but critical portion of the tale was missing from her memory. Then she shrugged, and continued. "They were overwhelmed and destroyed by the Dark Jedi before they could use the All to protect themselves.

"But through me, they shall rise again and be brought forward into this time to live. Whether or not this shall prove fair or evil for the galaxy is a moot point; they had their future robbed from them, and by rights they deserve to have it replaced."

--------------------

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 64.12.96.235
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 09:28 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla took every word in like a sort of sponge, wanting to understand. Not to understand as she had seemingly eons ago, when she had been taken from the Praxeum. Not to understand as knowledge for knowledge's sake.

Instead to understand as knowledge to be put to use.

One burning question presented itself to Shayla as she understood just what Graysith was presenting here to her both in her words and what surrounded them.

"So," Shayla finally said, giving voice to her question, "Through the technologies here, one can harness the All until he or she can use it fully?"

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 10:02 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith shook her head. "Yes and no," she finally answered. Leaning forward, her gaze growing serious, she elucidated.

"Yes in that with the assistance of this technology, the All can indeed be utilized by one until it is fully embodied in that person. But no...." Now she smiled gently, seeing the sparks of eagerness beginning to dim in Shayla's demeanor. "No in that not just anyone can come up and consciously use it in that regard. Shayla, what I am about to say is difficult to understand, but you must if you are to ever gain use of this wonder:

"Not just anyone can use the All. But everyone has the potential within them to do so."

Now the Chosen Daughter of the Sith slid gracefully from her perch and held out her hands to Shayla. Her Adept dutifully followed; when she was safely on the stone floor, Graysith placed an arm about her shoulders and led her deeper into the cavern.

"Like the Force, the All is used from what has come to be known as both the light and the dark side of the inner psyche of sentients. But unlike the Force, the All encompasses both. In order to prevent All users from running amok and harming others, the Sorcerers created a dampener; it is another great device which is hidden someplace else, its location lost to the ages. But they realized that at times a need would occur where the All must be used against another; thus they created the Claw of S'slan."

Smiling a bit ruefully, she held up her right hand and wiggled her prosthetic finger for emphasis.

"But this is something which must be kept from the Galaxy," she continued. "If that were known, and every man finally learned how to utilize the All, I shudder to think what could occur. Perhaps a means would be found to bypass the restrictions placed upon it by the Claw; knowledge of the All must remain in the hands of the few, and those few bear a terrible burden. Shayla, have you not wondered why my Sire has not outwardly used this great power, or that my love has not used it to harm another?"

Once again she paused for effect. "It is because they have it within themselves not to do so. And that is something I do not even know if I myself possess as of yet."

Graysith came to a stop, turning now to once more take Shayla by the shoulders. Her violet eyes poured into Shayla's, practically willing the young woman to understand her next words.

"Shayla, I cannot show you what to do to take grasp of the All. There are no physical steps to memorize; there are no magickal incantations to say which would bring this about. It is something which comes from here..." She reached out a slender hand to lightly touch Shayla's forehead at those words. "...and here." Now her hand slid down to rest directly over the young woman's heart.

"All I can do is entreat you to remember all I have spoken to you, all I have shown to you. Remember everything, my Adept; from the time I took you from the Praxeum until this very moment. Balance is the key, but it is a balance you must find within yourself and not only accept as a part of yourself, but also be willing to act upon.

"And when you do...." Now she smiled broadly, and swept her hand about the magnificence which spread out around them. "All this will be at your fingertips as it was once at mine. It will then assist you in your endeavors.

"But now, before I take my leave of you, is there anything more you wish to ask of me? For once I leave you here, I do not think I can manage to return. I might fool my Dark Heart but only once; anything other than that would more than likely be seen as the act of a traitor, and I must avoid that at all costs."

[ 02-16-2002 10:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Graysith ]

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 10:26 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Balance...

You can be Whole.

You can help bear the burden. You, Shayla Petrolu, CAN achieve your true potential.

But you must first learn to trust yourself. Let that which is merely be what it is. As well as see that which has yet to come for what it can be. And in the midst of it all, be able to act upon that which is and that which can be with confidence; in a manner that serves the greater good.

...Balance...

Shayla smiled at the naturalness of the epiphanies which now sparked within. Then, as she realized the growing need for her Sister to return to her Lord, Shayla cast a greeny-blue pair of emotion-filled eyes to her Teacher. Her Sister.

"I am ready to embark upon my journey," she said at last. "I hope that our parting shall not be long. I shall take all that you have revealed to me and treasure it in my heart, as well as sow the seeds which will grow the knowledge which has been you have planted in me."

[ 02-16-2002 10:33 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.11
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 02-16-2002 10:57 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith closed her eyes and smiled a secretive little smile, sensing the epiphanies bursting within Shayla's being.

Her Adept was close, oh so very close....

Now she straightened, and pointed to a lonely little control. "Of all the devices within this cavern, that is the only one whose strengths have been revealed to me. Much of the others are known only to Lord Aelvedaar, and even he is not in full command of the entirety that is here. You must remember this always: these machines are not to be meddled with, or played upon, or attempted to be divined in any manner. They possess a great array of self-protection devices; my mental signature was incorporated into them the moment I gained use of the All, and so you were allowed in here through me. Touch them not: they are simply to be, to come to your assistance when they are triggered by you.

"Oh, they will know, trust me, my Adept!" She held up a hand again, fending off Shayla's questioning protests. "I was as you are now when I first was brought to this place; the most difficult thing was learning to view all this not as something to be used, but as something of use when the time was appropriate."

Pausing once more, she turned back to Shayla. For a long moment she simply looked at her, her gaze sweeping up and down her slight frame, almost as though committing it to memory in the event she would not see her ever again. Her eyes squeezed briefly shut against that thought; then they opened and remained glued to Shayla's, moisture once more threatening to flood them. The movement quick and impulsive, Graysith reached out and hugged Shayla closely to her, kissing her softly on her cheek. Then she held her out at arm's length.

"You asked what I wanted you to do here," she said quietly. "And now I will answer that question. Shayla, it is within this great cavern that I want you to find yourself. I know in my heart of hearts that you can do so."

Pulling away, she turned and pointed once more to the singular control. "When I am gone, trigger that lever," she instructed. "It will place a chronotic shield about this planet, which will protect you from my Lords or any other until the time comes for you to leave of your own device. You will know how to do that at that point, my sister."

She fell silent once more, heaving a sigh as she lifted an arm. "Remember what I said. Balance is the key. For every great love there is a balancing evil... for every action, a reaction. All for the greater good, no matter how others might view it.

"You must find it within you... and the willingness to act in either regard."

Suddenly finding that she was quite out of words to say, all the Chosen Daughter of the Sith could do was give her Adept and Chosen Sister a final, penetrating look. It arrowed deeply into Shayla's heart, pinning her to the place where she stood, and rebounded to pin her Teacher and friend likewise to her.

"Fare thee well, my sister," Graysith whispered, and waved a graceful hand. In less than a heartbeat, she was gone, leaving Shayla alone in the cavern with the incomprehensible power of a civilization lost to the Galaxy over four thousand years ago.

--------------------

Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-16-2002 11:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feeling a growing saddeness at the departure of her sister, Shayla pondered what in fact Graysith wanted her to do as she pulled the lever that activated the chronotic shielding

For every balancing love there is a balancing hate...

And every person has it within themselves to harness the All...

...Every person has it within themselves to love and to hate. And truly, every person has that which they love AND that which they hate. But only with true acceptance and action upon BOTH can one truly be whole.

Turning inward, Shayla opened the doors she had come so close to prying open so many times yet only now had become strong enough to open with ease.

You know what you love, and you know, deep down, what you hate.

But have you had enough acceptance to act on either one?

No. You've been walking around with the man you love like a blubbering idiot and you've yet to truly act upon that love.

And likewise, you've had more than one opportunity to act upon your hate, and YOU HAVE NOT.

Time to accept that which is within yourself for what it is, Shayla Stargazer Petrolu. As well as take the steps of confidence in yourself to act in turn upon that which is within.

Stop gazing at those stars, Ms. Stargazer, and reach out and hold tightly to them for all that they are worth...

[ 02-16-2002 11:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.11
The All

Member # 144

posted 02-16-2002 11:45 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In a faraway place, a star exploded, one day to give Life to the worlds which would ring it.

In another, a star exploded, bringing death to its satellites and those living there.

And in another place built of secrets and rock, a star smaller by far but one with the potential to shine as brightly, began to flicker into life of its own....

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.96.235
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-17-2002 11:16 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As though Shayla were reading the pages of a story never told to her, she looked back upon her life with newfound certainty. Suddenly, all that she felt regarding each event that had taken place in the span of her twenty-two years was just that; what she felt. And that was the way that things should be, the way that things would be. In turn, each feeling connected with each event would determine which course of action she should take if she were ever presented with a similar situation again.

And regardless of how things appeared to the outside worlds, those actions which she would take, based on all that she had accepted inside of herself, would be the right ones.

But what were those events that she had come to terms with? What emotions was she accepting just for what they were?

The emotion of a little girl at the Praxeum, taken from her parents. Her life had been decided for her, and she was angry. To top that, her parents had been killed while she was away. That time she should have had with them before she lost them had been stolen. She was angry and scared. She didn't understand.

The Jedi had told her that the fear and anger she had regarding these events would lead her to the dark side. But in squelching those feelings, Shayla understood that she had squelched an important part of herself. This was the root of the reason that Shayla felt the child soon to be born should be taken from her home and from the Jedi who would protect her. Shayla knew that the Jedi would only misguide this little one. Tell her not to accept anything within herself that hinted of the Dark. And thus they would dampen the potential the child held.

Another day in time. Shayla as a teenager, making the choice to leave the Praxeum. She had felt unsure of herself, afraid that she could never fullfill her potential. In the years since, she had regreted that decision. But now, as she looked back upon it again, Shayla realized this had been one of the best steps she had taken in her life. The choice she had made had been the right one. She had come in contact with many people, and although not all of those relationships had worked out for the best, eventually she had found Erik.

Erik.

The man that she knew, without a doubt, she loved. All this time, she'd been afraid to accept that love; afraid to tell him just how she felt. But she loved him, and in denying that part of herself she was again squelching that which she was. This could be no longer. She must let him know just how she felt, and the next time she saw him, Shayla vowed to herself that she would do just that.

And there was the love she had for her Sister. This, though shakey at first, came to Shayla the most easily. Graysith had done so much for her; she had taken her under her wing and taught her. She had lead Shayla to understand herself.

Shayla smiled at the thought, then her look darkened as another thought and emotion welled within her.

Woe to anyone who dared harm a hair upon Graysith's head. That other woman had killed her sister's child, and taken from her something very sacred and very special. As if to mock that loss, she had again returned, only to let Terrin Danner take the Claw of S'slan, and in doing so, bring further harm upon her sister's person.

Though acting upon that seething anger which she held for these two at this moment would be unwise, Shayla knew there would come a day when she would be able to do just that. She loved her sister, and no harm would ever come to her unreturned. As Shayla realized this, the frown upon her face shifted to a rather cold smile. Someday...you'll get yours.

Then, her smile shifted to something more pleasant as she realized what was occurring within herself.

This was who she was. And what she should be. All those feelings that she held weren't just meaningless. All those feelings that she held, be them Light or Dark, defined her very existence. And when she took a step back and took a good look at herself, Shayla suddenly realized she liked what she saw. She was a passionate woman, full of loves and full of hates. And she was no longer wary of letting those loves and hates determine her reaction to future events; this, in fact, was exactly how things should be.

And she reached and grabbed a handful of stars from her sky...

[ 02-17-2002 11:27 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.241
The All

Member # 144

posted 02-17-2002 12:41 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Response comes without conscious thought for there is none in the grand scheme that is reality. Only the briefest of flickers within the physical matter which runs the sentients who occupy it.

On a faraway world, energies falter, and masses of molecules those selfsame sentients call "air" rush away to steal more from a nearby place, to fight the entropy which threatens it. "My, such a windy day!" a sentient sends via a minutely energetic burst into its own little universe.

On another world, invisible winds pause, and a tiny little light flashes but once. And from those molecules which make up the air, something is tweaked...

...and a very close approximation of an apple falls from seeming nowhere to the feet of a startled young Adept.

[ 02-17-2002 12:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.192.37
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-17-2002 01:08 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla blinked once, staring down at the green fruit which had seemingly fallen out of nowhere, as well as at the light which had flashed along with it. She furrowed her brow a bit, picking up the apple and scrutinizing it.

That light...

...Graysith's healing of her...

...a light of that same nature flashing in regards to that healing...

Shayla's heart swelled with pride as understanding struck. You've got it. You really, really, can do this.

Unthinkingly, she picked up the apple and took a bite. Ah, but the rewards of true understanding taste so sweet...

Do it again, young Adept. Close your eyes and see the apple tree, then act upon your desire to pluck an apple from its branches. Accept that this is what you truly want, and take the one small step of confidence into a much larger world...

...just one small step...

Smiling, Shayla set the apple in her lap and closed her eyes, feeling her hunger and her accepting desire for food. Holding a hand out palm up, she waited for the apple she knew would come to fall into her hand...

[ 02-17-2002 02:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.241
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-17-2002 04:35 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After sitting there motionless a few moments, Shayla cracked an eye open and frowned at her empty hand. Then she proceeded to glare.

What the HELL was she still doing wrong?

Suddenly angry, she immediately recognized her feelings for what they truly were. Not anger over not having been able to produce a mere apple, but frustration at not being able to harness that which she knew was in her.

Harness?

You blockhead!

You can produce the "apple" when you accept all that is within you, NOT when you try to manipulate outside forces. That you will never be able to do. All you, Shayla, can deal with and accept is that which you find within yourself..

For all that is will, regardless of what you do, continue to be what it is. And that which is within you will also continue, and can only be of use to you when you accept it for what it is. Though you may try to manipulate the inside to bear fruit on the outside, only when you let what is be as it is can you truly bear fruit at all...

[ 02-17-2002 04:36 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.34.84
The All

Member # 144

posted 02-17-2002 05:31 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Plunk.

From the very fabric of which spacetime is woven, the barest bit of thread unravels. It coils and thickens, writhing about blindly until it finally reveals itself for what it has come to be.

A golden fruit drops into the hand of the waiting Adept.

And elsewhere, another withers and decays into the soil upon which it has fallen.

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.107.54
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-17-2002 09:33 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Shayla scrutinized the second apple which had appeared, she evaluated the differences in what she had been doing versus what she had done just now.

Before you were trying to manipulate an outside Force to bring the apple to you.

This time you instead turned inward and realized that damnit, you wanted an apple.

And THAT'S when the apple appeared.

When you accept what is inside merely for what it is, the All will respond...

[ 02-17-2002 09:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.16
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-19-2002 10:39 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gazing down at her apple, Shayla frowned as she thought.

Allright. You can make things appear using the All when you are in the right frame of mind.

But how is this really going to help you in the long run?

As if hearing the question, something inside her answered, Some of the simplest things can be useful. Take nothing for granted.

Nodding to that thought, Shayla decided she wanted to do a little more exploring.

What else was there here?

Or rather, what was there here, inside of her?

As Shayla walked the length of the room, looking curiously at the ancient technologies but making sure not to touch, she let whatever thing that came into her mind first carrry her thoughts along.

Remember that day, aboard Graysith's ship, when you searched for the gem with which you made your lightsaber? some little voice questioned. You were so sure you needed it then. And perhaps then you truly did. But, as you have realized, your lightsaber is a weapon to take life. A weapon used by those who spout words of peace and oaths to protect life.

So why then do they need a weapon of destruction?

Only to fight what they do not understand.

Shayla shook her head at the incongruity of it all. Then, on the heels of these thoughts, Why then do YOU need the weapon?

Frowning at that, Shayla reached to her belt and detached her lightsaber, then gazed at it as she'd found herself doing many times recently. Suddenly, she found that, as proud of her workmanship as she was, she no longer wanted the weapon.

"...you will have no need of such toys..."

Smiling, Shayla looked up, as if the speaker of the words had been standing in front of her all along. Ah, but how right you were indeed, my Sister. When one can defend oneself with the All as her ally, such weapons are of little use.

Then, as if suddenly seeing the weapon in her hand as something detestable to even look upon, let alone touch, Shayla glanced at it once more with a grimace then, with one swift motion, released her grasp upon the hilt and let the weapon drop...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.143
The All

Member # 144

posted 02-19-2002 11:32 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Within the wonderful immensity of the fabric of reality, matter can and quite often does appear from nothing. Minute particles, toward which atoms themselves are by comparison seething giants, weave from this tapestry of nothing, spinning and cavorting until they at last capture a partner and the dance of creating matter commences.

In the light of this wonder, the converse is but simple child's-play....

[ 02-19-2002 11:35 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.198.179
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-20-2002 07:44 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A somewhat-surprised Shayla Stargazer Petrolu gazed at the place where her lightsaber should have fallen.

Well, you wanted to thing gone. The All simply responded to what was inside of you.

So good riddance to the blasted thing. You'll have far more effective and valuable defenses at your disposal in time. Defenses no lightsaber, or any other weapon for that matter, will be able to break through.

And when the particles of that which you once called your lightsaber were disassociated, the destruction of that wretched device provided the particles, the molecules, the atoms to create yet something else.

And the circle of life continues. The destruction of one thing leads to the creation of another. And the creation of another in turn leads to the death of something else.

And where there is good, there is always an evil to balance it.

Where there is offense, a defense invariably will arise. Where there is defeat, there is a victory.

And for everything, there is a time...

[ 02-20-2002 07:46 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.143
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 02-26-2002 09:54 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Images.

A woman with short red hair, standing in front of Graysith.

She who murdered Graysith's unborn child.

A blinding flash of motion. An undescernable sequence of events.

Blood.

Blood from...

...from...

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Shayla screamed, jolting awake. Panting, she let her tense muscles remain thus as she realized she was safe and that this was a dream.

A dream that mirrored the past far too well.

A dream that could just as easily mirror the future.

Trying to relax and slow the beat of her pounding heart, Shayla was suddenly angered to her very core.

Never, never would this happen again. Graysith's baby would be born. And the Sith Empire would return to bring sanity to the galaxy.

Shayla would do her part to make sure all these things happened.

But, while she was learning great things, she still needed to learn much more. And she knew that there were many things she would again need her teacher and the other Sith to teach her...things she would not be able to discover on her own.

That is, if they ever agreed to allow her to return.

But, in the meantime, Shayla would continue to explore...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.193
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-02-2002 11:12 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As she walked the aisle of ancient and wonderful technologies, Shayla again found herself caught in introspection. The dream she had still disturbed her; she was never one for receiving frequent premonitions but the fact that the dream seemed so realistic really bothered her. Even frightened her.

Not that she didn't have faith in those who would be surrounding Graysith. She knew that they would protect her at all costs. But Shayla wanted to be a part of that too. She knew her skills thusfar were still very new and very small, but she was certain that in time she would grow stronger. She would be able to assist Graysith in her task. She would become a part of this wonderful rebirth of a people who had been robbed of their future.

But, first and foremost Shayla needed to learn to protect herself. She didn't want to step out of this wonderful place without a proper means of defending herself from misunderstanding Jedi. They would not have the upper hand with her. She would not step out on her own without being prepared.

Graysith had been able to raise a chronotic shield several times around herself and even Shayla to ward off attacks. This skill was invaluable, but Shayla was uncertain if she could, on her own, learn to manipulate spacetime in such a way to create the shield. And she didn't want to wait until the time when she needed such a protection to find out if she could do it.

But then, thusfar the All had come to her aid when she had just accepted her feelings for what they were. When she had truly been willing to act upon those feelings whether the methods or results seemed "good" or "bad."

Though the techniques of creating the shield might be different than simply making an object appear or disappear, the basic principle would be the same.

Shayla wondered then, if she could make herself disappear and reappear in the same manner as she had been able to make an apple appear and her lightsaber disappear.

And how she would love to be able to pop up and put a stop to any advances against Graysith and the others.

But, for now, it seemed that the fools had drawn in upon themselves. Perhaps they had at last learned a lesson about what happens when you tangle with the Sith.

Even so, when that child was born, things just might change. Though they might try to hide the child, she would shine as a beacon in the All. And because of this, her rightful place would be with the Sith, with those who could truly understand and teach her of her powers.

The day would come. And those fools would try to keep her out of the hands of the Sith. They would try to take what would rightfully be removed from them.

And when that day came, Shayla would be ready to do her part...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.126
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-02-2002 01:30 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla continued to wander, at length making it out into the desolate land of the planet on which she found herself. Leaning down, she took a handful of sand in her palm, wrapped her fingers tightly around it, and let the sand seep through her fingers and fall back to the ground.

Sand. Such a small and infintesimal thing, but made of the very bedrock of molecules which make up planets. And then make up that of homes.

A home. She had wanted a home so much as a child; a place to hang her "hat" and call her own, where she and her brother would have parents and a normal life. But normal would never be.

Leaning over once more, Shayla took another handful of sand, this time keeping her palm open as she scrutinized the wonder before her as well as the one inside her.

The past was just that. The past. No use crying over spilled milk. But the future...

...it was still in motion. And best to take what one has learned from his or her past and apply those lessons to the future.

Home was not where the body resides, but where one's heart could be found.

Smiling a bit at the warmness the thought brought her, Shayla looked at the sand in her hand as though suddenly it was a new thing all together.

But then, with such ephinies occuring inside her, everything surrounding her suddenly seemed new. Now all she had to do was explore. Not only with the eyes of her soul, but with her physical ones as well.

What COULD she do?

Well, some little voice inside of her pointed out, You could do something about those dirty clothes you have on...

...and then, creating some shelter for yourself is definitely in order...

[ 03-02-2002 01:41 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.43

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e