my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » A Wrinkle In Time (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Printable Version
Author Topic: A Wrinkle In Time
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-03-2002 11:51 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After cleaning up a bit and considering all that she had done thusfar, Shayla considered what she might do next. While she had stepped into a small world of All usage, the skills she had were very primitive and needed to be fine-tuned. That would only come with further practice.

As she considered further, an idea came to mind. Suddenly wanting to retrieve her lightsaber and present it to Graysith, the one who had told her one day she would no longer need the weapon, Shayla reached out into the All to "grasp" the molecules of the weapon and reassemble them into one unit...

[ 03-03-2002 11:53 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

"Small minds think in small terms!"
~~CMH~~
(I am NOT turning to the Darkside...)

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.22
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-03-2002 09:20 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla frowned at her empty hand.

What in the name of the All was she doing wrong now? Was she out of the right mindset, AGAIN?

For a moment Shayla considered that maybe she just wasn't thinking right again, but upon further analysis, she knew this wasn't the case.

Reaching too far, too fast. You only just now made an apple appear. How in the Universe do you expect yourself to be able to make a lightsaber disappear then put it back together with all the components that the thing has?

Smiling in amusement, Shayla figured she'd might as well take it a step at a time, and not try to hurdle a lightyear in one small step.

You'll end up falling into a black hole that way.

Settling on a simpler task--the same sort of task she had already accomplished but with a bit of an extra challenge to it--Shayla reached out into the All this time to grasp the molecules to make two apples instead of one...

[ 03-03-2002 09:22 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.222
The All

Member # 144

posted 03-07-2002 08:00 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Plunk.

Before there ever was something, a nothing not-existed that was more than mere eternal void. In a random and quite accidental fluctuation there popped from the nullness a bare speck of expansion.

From the expansion there coalesced something.

And from this something came All and all that is...

...as come now these bits of matter frozen in spacetime.

Plunk.

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.102.173
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-07-2002 10:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pondering one of the apples now in her hands, Shayla gazed deeply into the fruit's red peel and beyond it.

Red. Blood red. The very essence of life and death...

...life and death...

...a neverending cycle. Where one is born, another dies. In order for new things to grow, old things must pass away.

Just as the Sith rose to power, so did they fall. But time often repeats itself. They would rise again. And this time they would have the knowledge and power to thrive.

Slipping away from these thoughts, Shayla again looked at the apple and mused to herself that just maybe it was time for something a tiny bit more complicated than an apple. Or else she'd have herself a whole kriffing orchard.

But only a little more complicated. And perhaps something a tiny bit more useful to her.

Small steps. But steps none the less.

Reaching out through the All, Shayla reached to grasp the carbon atoms from her apples that would in turn produce a lump of charcoal...

[ 03-07-2002 11:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.119
The All

Member # 144

posted 03-19-2002 10:53 AM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Bits and tiny pieces of frozen energy shudder as they withdraw from comforting bonds with each other.

Bits and tiny pieces turn outward, seeking surcease from frightening singularity.

Bits and tiny pieces unite in rings of organics, with delicate hooks of yet others, trembling to hold in their energies.

Some are freed; their explosive release imploded by my touch lest ill befall the newly born bit of freezing matter... sent elsewhere to be utilized as the neverending cycle of death and rebirth continues.

Bits and tiny pieces... atoms and space...

All else is mere speculation.

--------------------

I am beyond the Light and the Dark... joining them in unity I make them a greater sum than their parts. I am the warp and woof of existence, the commander of time and the very fabric of all that is...

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 205.188.199.31
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-24-2002 05:17 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Knowing that charcoal was generally an impure form of carbon which also contained the elements of hydrogen and oxygen along with others, Shayla again reached to pull atoms from the substance before her and "tweak" them. Grasping those atoms of hydrogen and oxygen, Shayla stretched through the All to join the oxygens with two hydrogens each. Then, waiting, she cupped her hands near the charcoal to hold the water which she knew would fall...

[ 03-24-2002 05:18 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.179
The All

Member # 144

posted 03-24-2002 06:02 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Want and need, understand and perceive. Id outweighs them all, and yet: there is too great an energy demand for so small a need.

In the swirling wonder of all that is, matter and energy must be conserved. This is all there is, All.

Occam's Razor is the song of my joy: simplicity is the mother of rebirth.

Want and need and simplicity abound, and conservation is maintained.

From the need comes the want, and the want is the simple heated trigger.

Energy must be conserved. Energy is conserved: no bonds are broken.

Energy is given: rising air begins its ascent to the stars. Tiny bits and pieces, shivering, huddle together, crying condensation.

Energy given. No energy used to do so.

The system is maintained.

[ 03-24-2002 06:03 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.207.189
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 03-28-2002 10:33 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A wisp of rising cold gently lifted Shayla's hair, and water fell into her hands, but yet the lump of charcoal remained as it was. This anomaly was strange, yet Shayla still understood. She was perfectly capable of obtaining the water as she had intended. But there was another, much simpler way.

Simplicity is indeed the mother of invention, let alone what other greater things.

While she had the use of the All, Shayla understood that simplicity was important. What she was attempting had a large energy demand. This demand would not be beneficial to All that is, yet her need and wants remained. So the All had pointed her in another, much simpler direction.

Simplicity, simplicity!

Drinking the water in her cupped hands as she thought, Shayla once again became curious of her environment. She paced the Great Room of ancient Sith technologies a bit, making certain not to touch anything as she had been instructed by Graysith.

Graysith...was she allright? Had she settled things with her Lord and her Sire?

Shayla could only hope.

Now returning to the dusty and barren soils of this planet--whatever it was--Shayla again scooped a handful of sand. Some of it, made wet by the remaining moisture in her hands, clung to her palm as she allowed the rest to sift through her fingers.

Shayla opened her palm and gazed at the now-damp sand.

Sand: such an infinitesimal, small thing, made so much greater when combined with the other members of its likeness.

So is the story of life.

She closed her eyes, simply taking in the joy of that life, the blessed truths and emotions which in turn defined it.

All. All that is. Everything has a place. To deny one is to deny the All.

Stretching out into the All once again, Shayla sought to refresh and replenish herself, seeking the simplest and most effective way to do so.

There was much more yet to learn...

[ 03-28-2002 10:37 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 66.20.158.114
The All

Member # 144

posted 04-11-2002 02:24 PM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In me, all things are possible. In me, are all things connected.

Beyond the limits that are known in spacetime, such connections transcend the seemingly impossible.

Along one such connection the input is too strong; currents unfelt reach out and dance along the unknown pathways, coming here to rest in this one particular spot in the entirety that is me and what sentients understand as the Universe.

From seeming nowhere there suddenly coalesced a small and somewhat nondescript form. Whirling particles far beyond the limit of sight came together from the very air, joining to bring definable meaning to but a portion of their throng, accreting in the same fashion as others once had done in the creation of the very stars themselves. Though the impetus is unconscious and not intended, the concern was enough to travel the circuit, break the barrier, and achieve the task now completed:

At the feet of the startled Shayla, there dropped the form of a Bespin cloud-dancer. It lay there in snow-white death, a silent testimonial to the incongruity of its appearance, fairly radiating with possible revelations-- but only for those keen enough to decipher them.

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 152.163.195.181
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-12-2002 06:52 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Shayla must have stared stupidly at the dead snow-white bird before her for ages, her eyes wide with curiosity and startlement.

What the--??

She couldn't think of one reason why, given the things she had been thinking, the All would respond by dropping a dead bird at her feet. After further consideration, she came to an usual conclusion.

It hadn't been caused by her...

...but then, who???

Well, there could only be a couple of souls in the universe that knew where she was, perhaps not even that many.

As she considered the lifeless animal, she tried her best to figure out what this strange anomaly meant. A snow-white bird. A dead snow white bird.

The very picture of murdered innocence..

...murdered innocence???

A jolt slammed through Shayla as something crossed her mind. Something which was so absolutely horrible she began to shake her head from side to side, a block of ice forming in her stomach.

Innocence...

...death...

No, no, No, NO, NO!!!

The lack of knowledge concerning this possible sign was enough to drive Shayla mad.

Graysith's baby...

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.38.116
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-13-2002 09:18 AM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Pacing back and forth in the cavern filled with ancient Sith technologies, Shayla felt like a trapped womprat. She just had to know the truth. She had to get to Graysith, no matter the risk. She was certain something was terribly wrong.

But was she ready to accomplish this feat? Not only would she have to break through the chronotic shield, she would also have to get herself back to Khar Delba...or wherever her Sister was.

She'd been manipulating molecules, but thusfar she had done nothing so complicated.

But she had to, had to go to Graysith.

Shayla just couldn't stand being away when she might be needed.

At last coming to a complete halt, Shayla quieted her mind and focused on the task at hand, calculating. First she'd have to deal with the shield.

But what, precisely, was a chronotic shield?

Shayla knew that nothing --no matter, no energy, nothing-- could get out of one, and that nothing could get in. It was a sort of ultimate protection, controllable only by the one who created it.

And somehow she knew that she was the only one who would be able to control the one that had been placed around her...indeed, around the entire planet...

At any rate, there was a clue in the name of the thing. Chronos=time.

Hmmm. A "time" shield. Shayla, this has to do with far more than the manipulation of molecules...

But perhaps not entirely.

Because space and time were connected, molecules were a part of time. Molecules existed in time, and time existed in the movement of those molecules.

And what if those molecules were somehow frozen in place?

Perhaps time would stand still...

[ 04-13-2002 09:37 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.35
The All

Member # 144

posted 04-13-2002 11:40 AM     Profile for The All   Author's Homepage   Email The All     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not known to the uninformed is the fact that stars are not the only bodies sending forth those particles discernable to living eyes.

A burst of higher frequencies... a tiny bit of all sings in electric joy, leaping up and down in excitement, and announcing its presence by crying photonic tears of joy. Another and yet one more, thousands more, millions more... too many to count, more than the stars in the universe itself.

And thus is this place lit from within, unbeknownst to the One who struggles to learn the whys. One to whom beautiful mysteries respond in part, ever more sympathetically, yet holding back and awaiting final acknowledgement. The very air is warmed by this energetically dancing throng, singing a silently vibrant chorale all about from the very soul of this planet.

All else, from outside, from otherwhere, is dispatched along the spacetime continuum, forward and back, full circle.

With the sole exception of a ray of coherent light... which suddenly cracks from without and lasers the ground just beyond the entrance to the cavern. And somewhere in the distance of the great cavern, a tiny little light flickered green.

[ 04-13-2002 12:02 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by The All ]

--------------------

Posts: 64 | From: | Registered: Dec 2001  |  Logged: 64.12.107.38
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-13-2002 02:56 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The flicker of green light was more than enough to catch Shayla's attention.

Something was happening.

Suddenly feeling lead by a hand unseen, Shayla opened herself to the All further and let it guide her outside, beyond the cavern.

A ray of light shone in the distance. A single ray.

But a ray nonetheless. One that could only escape the chronotic barrier if the door was opened.

You can do it, something inside Shayla murmmered. Take the step that you know you can, and that you feel that you so urgently must.

The time is now.

Closing her eyes and sensing the ever-present currents of the All which surrounded her and indeed were a part of her and everything about her, Shayla sought to be taken to that place where she knew she would be needed most, just as the apple had appeared when she truly needed it.

Yet this was a far greater accomplishment she sought than the mere manipulation of molecules to create a fruit.

Mainipulation of one's own existence in space and time, guided by the All.

Because space and time are connected, one cannot travel through space without moving through time. Likewise, one cannot move through time without affecting space. Knowing that she herself existed in that spacetime as did those she sought to be with, Shayla reached out, seeking to step into the interstices of space and time to cross the gap and be with her Teacher and Sister on the planet of Khar Delba...

...To travel through the molecules that defined space without touching time...

[ 04-13-2002 04:39 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.70
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-17-2002 06:32 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
As Shayla stood there, aware of the spacetime which she surrounded her, she realized the molecules that defined the space around the planet were not yet all in motion. At that realization, a figurative apple fell from the sky and plopped her on the head.

Open the door the rest of the way or you'll never fit through.

Smiling a bit at her mistake, Shayla reached out yet even further into the All, seeking to put back into motion the molecules which had been frozen around the planet.

Then she would be free to step into the interstices of space to be with She who was her sister...

[ 04-17-2002 06:34 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.36.246
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-21-2002 08:49 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Completely and utterly frustrated, Shayla stamped her foot in deeply rooted anger.

She just knew she could do this...with the All as her guide. But time was of importance...and was ticking on the other side.

She would go mad, absolutely mad, if something happened while she was away.

Accept the way that you feel then, something inside her yammered. Feeling that rage within her, Shayla once again stretched into the All, letting the feelings she had fuel her need to do what she must to go to her sister's aid.

All for the Greater Good. The Chosen One needed her Adept, Shayla just knew that.

The shield must fall...

[ 04-21-2002 08:54 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.35.178
Shayla Stargazer Petrolu

Adept

Member # 123

posted 04-22-2002 06:26 PM     Profile for Shayla Stargazer Petrolu   Author's Homepage   Email Shayla Stargazer Petrolu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
In blissful contact with the All, as she herself was a part of it, Shayla felt the shield surrounding the planet fall.It has been within you all along, something within her murmered.

Smiling at that, she took the one final step into the interstices of space and time, stepping off that world in which she now existed...

To at last be with her sister on Khar Delba.

((OCC: Follow Shayla to Morniie Utulie))

[ 04-22-2002 06:50 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Shayla Stargazer Petrolu ]

--------------------

~~CMH~~

Posts: 1711 | From: see Mara1Jade | Registered: Jun 2001  |  Logged: 146.201.32.127

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e