my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » The Great Specter of Kym Magroo (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Great Specter of Kym Magroo
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 08-02-2000 05:34 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Mornings come hard for some people...

...this was one of those for me.

My makeshift bed in my newly aquired abode had only recently stopped spinning and I had spent the last few minutes admiring the textured terrain of the bedroom ceiling. As I sat up in bed to gather my bearings my hand fell upon the warm, smooth form of another occupant laying next to me. As I allowed a few moments for my vision to clear, I tried to retrace my steps of the night before.

I remember Galen and I arriving at Sol Vareth via the Jester II sometime late in the afternoon yesterday. After settling in at my friend Quee's bunker several moments later, we began helping ourselves to his generous larders .(boy does my head hurt!) I remember while imbiding the usual assortment of liquid courage that I came upon a hidden stash of an Alderaanian vintage.(boy does my head hurt!) I knew at the time that Quee wouldn't mind me drinking a little. (but I think I drank six liters! now I know why my head hurts!)

Now that my vision was clear I thought it time to look around and inventory the damage that I had done. I slowly turned my throbbing head noting some furniture laying askew. (is that my armor in the corner?) I also noted my nudity... and a pressing urge of nature. Further investigation revealed my weapons strewn about the floor along with odd bits of climbing gear(ropes, spikes, etc.) and clothing.(are those female underthings? where is Galen?)

Remembering the warm form next to me, I slowly turned my throbbing head to investigate. OH GOD!... ... ... wow!!! Not bad.

Quickly I gathered my things. I carefully removed myself from the pile of clothes on the floor that we apparently had also used the night before while she remained unmoving. If I was lucky I could pretend as if nothing had ever happened. To be honest, I wasn't really sure if anything had happened at all. I thought it was best not to say anything as it could only be harmful to our current relationship. She would either think I purposely took advantage of her or be angry that I couldn't remember the experience if any.

After beating a hasty retreat to the outer room, I quickly rinsed off in the shower and donned my armor. A quick call to Quee alerting him to a new threat presenting itself to the New Republic and informing him of my using his new abode(minus the details concerning his liquor cabinet), followed by an even quicker call to k'kihl to let him know of my location left me free to worry about my predicament concerning Galen. I could only hope that either arrived before she awoke to find herself disrobed and vulnerable(wow!!...Stop It!). I only wish there were others on this planet. I really believed that the adage of safety in numbers had its appropriate setting and I felt that perhaps this was it.

I waited.....

------------------
I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.24.184.145
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-02-2000 11:17 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Some cultures believe that in sleeping, we all die a little. Each day upon arising, one should truly give thanks, for in each day's awakening one is given rebirth, a new beginning to the rest of one's life. A fresh, clean start.

If this was the fresh start so revered by those cultures, I would certainly hate to see the reverse.

Pain. Hmmm... now, this is familiar. Let's see, careful assessment is in order. Of which specific pain is my poor body reacting? All over muscular pain, as when I was Force slammed seeming eons ago by Gravin Dark? N-no, not that. Hmmm... pain from broken and overly abused body parts ~ ahh-hh, that memory too fresh, too painful in itself! ~ but no, not that. Well, not quite.

Nothing broken. But as for overly abused....

I groaned, trying to lift the two ronto-weights that were my eyelids, trying my best to ignore the herd of nerfs that were stampeding in my head. They managed to accomplish this heroic feat, but only with the help of gravity as my head lolled over to the side. I peered blearily, trying to focus. Objects swam into view.

Something white and misshapen there. A pillow, still bearing the signature where someone had smushed it to personal preferences. A pillow laying at the head of an indent in the mattress upon which I lay... an indent just a tad bit too large for my small figure. My hand flopped over unthinkingly; mmm-mmm... still warm....

Oh, Khaandon. No. It couldn't be; I mean, no. I didn't, couldn't have, not this way, oh sheesh.... I squeezed my eyes shut, my ears now obligingly popping into full use as they noted the sounds of water splashing. Someone showering... someone who could only be one person, considering where we were. The water sounds stopped; I heard the clinking and squeakings as Sorben armored himself. Movement; heard him make two quick calls. Then silence.... Way, way too much silence.

Oh Khaandon, I did not want to get up. But remaining here wouldn't solve anything. Hmm... maybe I could pretend nothing happened, because if the truth were known, I couldn't remember a thing. I sighed a little. At least I wouldn't have to look into those eyes. I don't think I could stand that right now.

Sighing a little harder, I sat up and swung my feet over the side of the bed. Waiting for the rest of my body to catch up with them, I noticed my nudity. Another branch on the ol' funeral pyre; hope at least it was all worthwhile. For what it's worth. Damn, but I didn't want this to have happened this way....

So be it. Chin up and all that, ol girl. Up and at 'em, there's things to do, and... and....

And what? I realized I hadn't a clue as to where we were next heading. If indeed there would be a "we." I could only remember where we had been, what we had been through. And Khaandon help me, but I knew after all that, I couldn't face wherever fate might lead me without being at his side. I whuffed ruefully to myself, my smile crooked. You'd better learn to fight harder, ol' girl, I silently admonished myself. 'Cuz sure as there's treasure on Roon, he doesn't need a wimp interfering with him!

Bravado threatened to flee to the Outer Rim. I sighed, then drew in a deep breath, defying the rampaging nerfs and their accompanying herders. Reached around for something with which to cover myself; what's this? How in Hell's Seven Circles did my Kaladorian dress get here? Nevermind; I wrapped it shakily about me, getting to my feet. Clutched the irridescent material as I waited for the room to quit spinning; then, arming myself with the most brilliant smile I could manage at the moment (not much, admittedly) I tottered into the other room.

Stopped momentarily at the sight of him standing there, his head turned aside, as if in contemplation. "I hope you slept well, Sorben!" I announced my presence as lightly as I could manage, taking some small satisfaction in the fact that at least his helmeted face turned in my direction. "What's the plan from here?"

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.173
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 08-03-2000 04:49 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I glanced behind me at the sound of Galens voice asking me about "our" plans. I was a bit taken back by this question. I looked at her quickly wrapped form covered by the dress that she aquired from my former Guildmaster Seus. I could only stare at her for a moment .

"Well..." I began as I stretched one arm to my armored head. " I..."

I shrugged. I mean I didn't know exactly what happened last night. I knew I liked the gal quite a bit. I cared for her quite a bit as well. I didn't know if I were ready for this sort of relationship yet. So many things remained that I still had to work out in my still pounding head.

"Well?" she asked as she leaned against the open doorway of Quee's abode looking at me intently with those big brown eyes.

I slowly walked over to where she stood. I stopped a few feet in front of her in silence. I turned to the Jester II which sat one hundred meters in front of us on this barren planet.

"Sorben?" she asked again smiling sarcasticly as she drapped her arms around my neck forcing me to face her once again . "What exactly are our plans? Objectives? You do remember these things don't you?"

My head suddenly felt a little bit better. She was asking me about our mission and not "us". I smiled underneath my armored dome since I was still unsure of the events that took place the night before. I felt safe.

"I know... knew." I said with a bit of a jerk. " I was just... thinking."

I walked a few feet away from her releasing myself from her arms. She stood waiting for my reply.

"Dark is still out there." I stated as I looked at her standing relaxed out in the open." We know that he serves some Lord Desolist who apparently is building up some sort of army in the T'lyx System and we have no clue as to why."

I paused as I placed my hand upon my chin in thought. I tried to recall everything that had come to me while a prisoner not to long ago.

"The only thing in the T'lyx System are a few inhabitable planets, one billion natives, and a planet of junk that the locals and the Empire used to dump their garbage. The natives are dark skinned reptilian creatures that have hyperdrive technology but they remained neutral in the Imperial/ Rebel conflict. " I said aloud as I tried to work out the facts.

"So finding Desolist is our goal then?" she asked.

"Yes." I stated as I glanced up at her." I was hoping that you would help us on our journey."

A smirk crossed her face."Us?"

"I called K'Kihl and Quee." I said as I stood unmoving in a hot gust of wind that whisked by ." I figured this news would be pertinent to the New Republic so..."

I shrugged. She smiled.

"We could really use the Jester on this one." I added as I glanced at her form.

She smiled again as she quickly turned on her heel and entered our abode that was ours until Quee and K'Kihl arrived.

My head was feeling a bit better now as I glanced towards the red sky above. I hoped that she would continue her travels with us. Perhaps I was just thinking about myself with that thought.

"Boss?" I heard over my comm system built within my armor. I hit the toggle switch within my helmet to reply.

"Where you at K'Kihl?" I asked relieved that I was hearing from him so soon. I knew he had to be close since I was receiving a message through my armor comm system.

"Ship I am landing now." K'Kihl clicked as I saw a ship rapidly descend from the heavens above. I watched as the YT-2400 landed gracefully beside the small Sith ship.

"Assuming I am that Master Quee has not arrived as of yet?" K'Kihl chattered over the comm."Star Destroyer power output detected I have not."

I laughed at his remark.Quee's personal ship did put out quite a power signature. I walked to greet him as we continued our wait for our other friends.

------------------
I am not a droid

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sorben Tarnus on August 03, 2000]

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.15.74.211
Darth Wicked

Member # 0

posted 08-03-2000 05:52 PM     Profile for Darth Wicked   Email Darth Wicked     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
OOC: I am sorry, this is the only warning I will give. I read the last post by Sorben Tarnus, there was no posting or e-mail forwarded to me dated before the post stating that Sorben could make actions and speak for Galen. I know Galens MUN and so this dissappoints me just a little bit. I posted on August 1st in the General Discussion, for everyone, this is the ONLY warning. No more posting for others. I will not allow it. You state things for your character and NPC's and your Character and NPC's ONLY!

One more post like this after my post, and the entire post WILL be deleted.

-Darth Wicked

------------------
And saith unto him; 'All these things will I give thee if you will fall down and worship me...'

[monger=FF0000,FFFF00]Role Playing Administrator[/monger]

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 63.227.126.216
Quee Varcek

Member # 45

posted 08-03-2000 08:52 PM     Profile for Quee Varcek   Author's Homepage   Email Quee Varcek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The star lines of the hyperspace corridor faded as the shining black transport dropped from her grasp. Two Quarren sat in the pilot seats eyeing the red planet that was their destination, while the ships systems hummed about them running routine scans and sweeps.
The Quarren in the captains chair turned Its attention to the other, "Did you take the other power cores off-line before we dropped Boglen."
"What kind of an idiot do you take me for Ooglen? Of Course I did!", the other Quarren shot back. "I have only been the chief engineer on this ship for ten years and you think I would be so dumb as to give our position away by something as simple as a power signature! I ought to whip your slimy rear right now."
"Calm yourself brother. I only wanted to be sure our arrival was not detected."
"No chance! I even went to the trouble of activating the sensor mask and the projection system. If anyone sees us coming, It will be when they run into us and the gods help them if they do! You know why? BECAUSE I'M THE SCOURGE!!!
"ENOUGH!", Ooglen countered before his over-exuberent brother pulled a blaster or something worse," It is time to alert the master to our arrival".
"The master?",queried Boglen, "But its only Quee, Ooglen."
"I know its Quee, But he is a master."
"I think you have been spending too much time with him on these diplomatic missions for the Jedi Council."
"Shut up and go back to engineering!"
Ooglen watched the other Quarren depart from the bridge before turning back to the comm station. (I do not see how he could have come from the same spawning as myself. I wonder If our mother didn't have a few other suitors.) Gathering his thoughts, Ooglen keyed the comm to Quee's quarters.
"Quee? It is time to wake."
"I know.",came his voice. Strong, exuding power, yet restrained, calm, and warm.
Ooglen could feel his strength even over the comm. He ,along with his brother,had been with Quee for a long time,since before the purge,and seen him grow beyond his mortal flesh. Quee truly was a master, perhaps equal to or stronger than...
"Ooglen? Are you listening to me?"
"Sorry Quee. It has been a long flight."
"Set us down a top the plateau, secure the feild, then get some rest."
"Yes sir."
"and Ooglen."
"Yes?"
"Thank you."
If the Quarren could smile, he would have then. It was rare to find people that truly appreciated ones abilities. Quee was one of those.
Quee looked out the viewport to the red planet below. He had not been back to this place in at least four years, about as long as it had been since last seeing Sorben in the flesh. It had not been necessary to hide out since the defeat of the empire at Endor and the subsequent death of their employer, Barherst the Hutt. He had kept it intact ,however, in the event of a sudden change in the tide of the war. The Jedi were purged because they were not prepared and because their pride blinded them to the possibilities of total annihilation. He did not wish to be one of them.
Now it appeared as if the bunker was needed again. Not necessarily for himself, but for an old friend. What kind of trouble has he gotten himself into this time? Quee could feel the presense of his old friend below on that barren rock, his emotions swirling, shame and remorse. He could feel his pain, legs and shoulders sore, head pounding. He'd been drinking! Shhhheeeeesssshhhh! Nothing changes!
Reaching out a little, Quee also felt the presense of two others. (K'Kihl ((I can't believe the verpine has stayed with him this long.))and another I have not met. a woman.) He could feel similar emotions in this creature. (Same old Sorben!)
Quee turned back to the dimly lit room that was his quarters. It had only been a few hours since he received the message from Sorben and so his hibernation trance was only a short one. He could feel the telltale signs of the forces rejuvenating abilities on his body as well as the strengthening of his mind bringing him into oneness. Looking at his bed, he hoped it would be enough for whatever threat this new "Lord" had to offer. Every time he fought Darksiders it was "Lord this" and "Darth that". Couldn't they be a little more original? He didn't think the Sith had that many title holders in their hayday. He didn't really like being called "Master", as it was so presuming. Oh well, that didn't matter right now, he knew.
Donning his robes, followed by armor, blaster pistols, and light sabers, Quee walked to the door of his quarter. With a tap of the force he activated the door controls, not before noticing the traces of condensation on the door itself.(Someone has been playing with the humidifiers again. I will have to speak with "The scourge". HEH. HEH. HEH.) Turning down the gangway, he then made his way to the bridge by way of the tactical station, stopping only briefly to take in the information displayed on the holo about the planet. The bulkhead doors slid open silently and Quee took note of the Quarren silhouetted by the bright red planet that now filled the front viewport. Ooglen turned to acknowledge the Jedi's presense before returning to the controls. After taking his seat in the command chair, Quee again turned to the Quarren.
"Take us in Ooglen."
"Aye Sir."

Sorben had been waiting for hours with K'kihl and Galen for the arrival of Quee. He had hoped it would be soon as he was tired of avoiding talk of their first night in the bunker.
Galen could also feel the intangible awkwardness of the situation and though she wanted to know the details of which she was oblivious, thoughts of the worst kept her from asking.
K'kihl completely unaware of the previous nights revelry spent his time perusing the Jester and maintenancing the systems.
At last Sorben could not take the probing he felt from those big brown eyes. He stood up and walked over to where Galen sat eyeing something in a bowl which she had gotten from the larders. She looked up at him, with those piercing brown eyes and stared at him, into his equally piercing blue ones.
She was trembling almost imperceptibly and he could feel a herd of nerfs running through his stomach.
She tried to stand and face him, but lost her balance falling forward into his strong arms. (Very strong arms she thought.) She again looked up to those steely blue eyes to find them staring back. She could not find the strength to push away nor even to support herself. Her eyes wandered over his unshaved face with its scar across one eye and her nose took in the intoxicating smell of his skin and hair that were all signature Sorben. She felt she would die without him, but she had to know his heart and mind.
Sorben looked down at this woman who was now in his arms. Her big brown eyes, those cheeks, and that ample form.(Wow!) How could he have let things get out of control? Did he let them get out of control? He liked her, more than he could explain and he felt he owed it to her to talk about it.
"Galen!"
"Sorben!"
"I have to ask you something!"
"Me too! I mean I want to ask you something too!
"Did you? Did I? Did We?
RRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRR!!!
The roar of the transport's engines drowned out the rest of Sorben's thoughts as he looked up to recognize the silhouette of the shining black Corellian stock light freighter. Quee had arrived!
Sorben knew the ship well, as he had stayed aboard many times and fought along side her crew. There was no better small ship to be on(except maybe his enforcer) when things got tough. It had been engineered to appear as a modified tramp but was never meant to hall any major cargo except in a pinch. Three cockpit appendages, six quad fours, several small arms turrets, capital ion, turbo laser, and ventral torpedos. All backed by four power cores, capital shields, mandalorian plate, and a starscream 9 Ion drive. That ship was hot. It was also crewed by two of the most mechanicly talented Quarren he had ever seen along with a plethora of droids that had not seen a memory wipe in fifteen years. A helluva combination.
As the ship turned and began its landing approach Sorben released his hold on Galen and ran to the apparent landing site to await the disembarking of its passengers.
Galen hit the ground! The rosy vision of Sorben that had hypnotized her moments before retreated against the onslaught of red rage that fought to overthrow it.
"Sorben you @%#&$^$!"
It was too late ,he was already too close to the ship to hear her compliments. Galen therefore regained her feet and ,quelling her anger,went to join him.
The ship settled on the platteau with a light thud of the landing gear and a hiss of coolent. Only a moment and the ramp lowered with a pop of decompression and a cloud of moisture. As the ramp settled and the cloud cleared, a whirl of repulsors could be heard within the cavernous interior.
Sorben tightened with anticipation and wonder at the delay.
Galen took her place at his side and feeling Sorben's nervousness began to feel a trepidation of something having gone wrong.
Suddenly a large ball shape floated from the opening of the ship and Sorben's hand instinctively shot to his net gun hanging off his shoulder.
Galen following suit suddenly felt her own hand seized by Sorben's in an effort to stop her from following through. Looking up at him, she saw the acknowledgement in his steely blue eyes and the tension no longer present in his face. She replaced her blaster and turned again to the black ship.
The AC-1 Surveillance Droid floated down the ramp, veiwed the persons on the ground and then flew off to make a sweep of the area.
Immediately following the droid were six K4M security droids. Two took up positions on either side of the ramp while the other four took up positions at four seperate points around the ship to cover all approaches.
"This guy sure does have a lot of security doesn't he", Galen asked with her characteristic smirk?
"You would too if the Emporer had his top flunkies looking for you and you thought you were the last Jedi", countered Sorben.
Next came two figures in black armor similar to storm commando armor,but with obvious modifications. The least of which were the helmets that encased obviously alien heads. As they came to the bottom of the ramp one of the figures turned to assess one of the droids and point out its shortcomings.
Galen looked to Sorben.
"Ooglen and Boglen", he stated, "the picky one being Boglen".
Finally, a lone figure stepped to the top of the ramp. His cloak flapped in the breeze created by the bulkhead hatch and his armor, reminiscent of Jedi armor from a time gone by, shone bright in the red glow of the barren planet. Sorben and Galen were both staring as he stepped lightly, effortlessly down the ramp.
Galen felt a trepidation again as the sight of him reminded her of the dark Jedi she had fought with in the past few months. She turned to Sorben.
"Is he a Dark Jedi?"
"No! He is Quee! Their worst nightmare!", said Sorben and then he went to meet him.

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.15.68.87
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-04-2000 01:53 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So this is Quee.

I stood next to Sorben, unspeaking, as he and this newest in a growing list of Force-users greeted each other. I couldn't help but shift myself to where I was flush against Sorben's side; the strength emanating from this personage was that overwhelming. I wanted to say something, make an introduction of myself, but for some reason felt as naive and stumbling as a schoolgirl. My hand reached out to clutch Sorben's arm instinctively.

The electric shock from that touch jolted me into sensibility. No need to feel any trepidation, ol girl, I reminded myself; this guy's on our side. I mean, didn't I actually drag his wife out of that nasty cell where she had been imprisoned on that pirate's world ~ how long ago was that? It seemed eons....

That thought immediately followed by another: Sorben is a bounty hunter, and that was a job. Quee was a client. Trepidation reared its dragon's head again; I hunkered closer to Sorben. Vicious circle developing here....

Now the two were turning, still discussing among themselves, heading into Quee's bunker. Feeling somewhat like a fifth wheel, I moved toward the bunker with them, myriad questions and thoughts tumbling about in my head.

//Who is this guy... can we trust him...is he going to assist us finding this Desolist character... do we HAVE to go find this Desolist character; I don't know if I'm up to another Dark Lord... *sigh* .. bad moment, I'll go anywhere Sorben does, do anything he needs, I know that now... *sudden flash of another thought* what about that other Dark Lord, the one that wants Sorben???... HE'S out there, haunting the Galaxy like some bad dream... oh, Khaandon what did I get myself into that day when I rescued this bounty hunter who so insidiously yet so completely has insinuated himself into my very being... *another vision rises with that thought, flaming hair, swirling cloak, eyes filled with... filled with...*//

That last thought brought me to a complete halt, my heels dug into the ground. Sorben jerked around to face me, as I put a halt to his forward momentum, those blue eyes of his (oh, Khaandon!) stabbing into mine. For a moment, I groped for words, trying to put aside my now routine reaction to those baby blues, trying to make the thoughts tumbling about in my head make sense as they came out of my mouth. Garbled just above total inarticularity. "Jharmeen..."

Reading the concern in his face, I tried harder. "Sorben," I pressed on, "I'll go anywhere you need me to go, and I hope you know that. If there is any little way I can help you and Quee, Jester II is at your command."

I smiled a bit ruefully to myself at how I was managing to sound like a totally stilted idiot, after all we had been through. Then the last word I spoke triggered a vision of the last "commander" I had seen in action; the smile on my face fled like a womp-rat before a sandcat. I gulped a little, hmmm... that's not like me.... Pursed my lips, squared my shoulders, tried again. Nothing came out of my working lips; now Quee had stopped, noticing Sorben was not with him, noting me holding him back. Oh great, nice way to make an introduction of yourself, now he probably thinks I'm as idiotic as the words I was trying to spit out.

I sighed a little. No better way then all at once. In for a credit....

"Sorben, what about my sister? What in Hell's Seven Circles can we... am I going to do about Jharmeen?"

Khaandon help me, but after all we had been through, after all she had done to us, to me, I still loved her. She was my sister, after all.

------------------
"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.207.202
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 08-05-2000 03:48 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The red skies of Sol Vareth were quite a site to behold just about any time of the day. They reminded me of the time that my family and I had spent on Vegart Seven so many years ago. Vegart Seven held a very similiar skyline except instead of barren rock and sand, those skies canopied great oceans that seemed endless.Then again, those oceans covered ninty percent of the planet.Now was not the time for such memories of my youth. Other things were more pressing.

"Let us enter my abode." Quee said with an out stretched hand as he gestured for the small hideout that Galen and I had made use of the night before.

Again Galen and I glanced at one another. I smirked as my eyebrows raised still feeling a little awkward about the activities of last night. She was obviously getting a little more comfortable about the event that may or may not have taken place. She turned towards the small oval home with my in tow. Quee followed as his two comrades remained outside with my companion, K'Kihl.

"I am sorry that I didn't furnish this place better." Quee said calmly behind my back as he assessed the "damages" of his small home.
The various blankets scattered about, the pots and pans strewn around the room, chairs misplaced in different locations... I was never going to hear the end of this.

Quee leaned against a small indention within the wall. He then lowered the hood of his cloak revealing his somewhat aged, noble looking face with blue piercing eyes that met mine. A small smile crept upon his face. His way of comforting me so that my worries of staying at one of his many hideouts would vanish. I sat in one of the misplaced chairs as Galen sat in another close by.

"Tell me old friend, what is it that worries you so?" Quee asked calmly.

I could only sigh on that one as many things were racing around in my head. I mean there was me quitting the Guild, the death of my fellow hunter Grimson which could have been avoided if not for me, the glaxy turning into a band of ununited warlords, my starship insurance, and my rapidly developing feelings for Galen. I sighed yet again as Quee glared on in silence.

"Gravin Dark is on the loose and he is serving some guy calling himself Lord Desolist." I said suddenly without any real thought.

"Dark? The Hunter?" Quee asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, him." I said " I ran into him twice in the past four months. Both times weren't very...pleasant."

"I bet not." Quee stated .

"I gathered some information on his activities and found out that there is Dark serves a new master since you and I put his former one out of business." I smiled at that memory. Damn Valorian! Good riddance to him and his followers.

"Go on." Quee said as he waved his hand so that I would get to the point.

"My friend Grimson was keeping tabs on Gravin Dark and that of his master Lord Desolist for some Hutt named Gordoz in the T'lyx System in the Outter Rim. It seems that Desolist's movements were encroaching on this Hutt's territory so he hired Grimson th keep tabs on their movements. To make a long story short there is no more Gordoz the Hutt nor any Gordoz crime organization." I stated as looked at Quee who was now turned away in thought.

"Gordoz was quite a concern for the New Republic not to long ago." Quee added "He had quite an impressive pirate fleet and made his organization thrive on raiding commerce vessels, running spice to the Core Worlds, and running illegal bacta shipments to areas sympathetic to the old Empire."

Quee rose to his feet and began to pace about the room as he thought about the situation. The single braid of hair which sprouted from the back of his head was now visible within the circle of many small tattoos . He walked towards one of the small windows looking out towards the mountains in the distance . He stoped before the window and lowered his head in thought.

"This is interesting indeed." Quee said as he remained facing the window. "I suppose this Lord Desolist is another self proclaimed Dark Lord?"

"Yes..." I added " He is."

"Is there anything else you could tell me about Desolist?" Quee asked aloud, obviously still in thought.

"I do know that Desolist was trying to unite some of the local warlords in that region. I do know that he has somewhat of a rather powerful fleet of ships at his disposal ." I turned to Galen "At least powerful enough to wipe out Gordoz's Fleet which we know was some two hundred ships strong. A dozen were even capital class vessels."

Galen looked at me as I continued to reel off the information I had. (must not look. must be strong) I turned to Quee yet again who still stood by the small portal.

"This does indeed merit an investigation." Quee said as he turned to me. " I will alert the council to the mundane system of T'lyx and the events which have unfolded."

With that announcement, Quee smoothly walked to the door which exited his hideout.

"Ninty Seven hundred credits." Quee said as I looked in his direction. He covered his face once again with his dark hood. "That is what the wine you and Galen drank last night cost me."

Quee turned to face us as the white of his teeth smiled in our direction.

"You saved my beloved wife from those pirates. Thus, don't worry about the wine. She is worth more to me than anything in this universe. Thank you old friend. Thank you as well Galen." Quee turned back towards the door and was out of our site before either Galen nor I could respond.

I turned to Galen as she won my attention yet again now that we were alone.

"Thank you for coming with us." I said as our eyes met. She smiled slightly. I took her hand in my armored hand.

" I promise that we will find Jharmeen . You have my word on that." I said as my stomach twitched a bit telling me that Jharmeen just might be finding us... in the T'lyx System.

I rose from my seat and walked towards the doorway that Quee had just exited. Galen followed closely behind. We both stared at Ooglen and Boglen in their awkward Storm Commando armor outside underneath the red sky. K'Kihl stood with them as they traded old tales of days gone by. Now again, so many years later it looked as if they would be authors to a new tale to tell their children and friends.

I pulled Galen close as we waited for Quee to return with his ideas and input about Desolist and the possible crisis in the T'lyx System.

------------------
I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.87
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-05-2000 09:06 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I leaned into the protective hold Sorben had placed about me, as we stood there waiting for Quee to return. So much for my earlier qualms about him; looks like he was really on our side after all.

Sudden change of thought....

Ninety-seven hundred credits? Sheesh... for that amount, we shouldn't have suffered the slightest of headaches! But then I'd have a clear memory of all the events that occurred last night.... I slid my gaze up to Sorben, only to find him looking down at me in turn. There was a wealth of unspoken words in that look; mine was equally affluent, I know. I only hoped that events would occur where we once more would have time to investigate the source of that wealth, and to maybe spend a little of it...

(NINETY-SEVEN HUNDRED...???)

I sighed, thinking of all that had been spoken. Gordoz the Hutt had been a wealthy crime lord in his own right, commanding a fleet of two hundred ships, was that what Quee had said? And he was wiped off the face of the Galaxy by this Desolist person, whom Gravin Dark served? I shuddered instinctively at the thought of that raptor-eyed Hunter, as well as at the thought that we would no doubt be crossing paths with him again.

And this was who we were going to go up against? Sorben and K'khil and Sorben's ship, and me with Jester II, and maybe Quee as well...??? (Oh Khaandon, please say Quee is coming, we are gonna need all the help we can get!)

I couldn't help the sigh that escaped me. I pressed closer to Sorben, reveling in the tightening of his hold about me. Wished this small moment would never end... er, at least not in the manner I knew sure as there is Treasure on Roon that it would.

I didn't think there were enough credits in the entire Galaxy for what we were going to get ourselves into....

------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.164
Quee Varcek

Member # 45

posted 08-05-2000 07:57 PM     Profile for Quee Varcek   Author's Homepage   Email Quee Varcek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Quee left the bunker and walked slowly towards the black transport that had brought him to the desolate red planet. He looked inward for answers. Voices from the past, faces long forgotten. (Those two are bigger slobs than Barherst the Hutt.) The image of Gravin Dark erupted into his mind and the thought of an unfinished promise. (Cute couple though.) Gravin had slipped out from under Quee's saber once and had disappeared without a trace. He wouldn't a second time. (I feel a little sorry for Galen though. Heh! Heh!) Now it was time to call some old friends and find out what the criminal elements had been doing in Quee's absense and see if anyone could give him information about this Desolist, the T'lyx system, any survivors of that Hutt's organization, etc. Quee knew that going into the system charging could prove fatal, so he wanted to be prepared. Of course, in the old days, that is just how they did things. It did give them the element of surprise.
As he walked up the ramp, Quee began to reach out to the force and yoke its strength for the coming conflict. It had been years since he last met Dark. He was only a minor nuisance then, his powers not fully developed. Now he would be fully trained and in service to another. Caution was wise.
"Maestro!", Quee called aloud as he entered the ship's bulkhead hatch.
"Yes Master Quee?", the ship's droid brain answered back.
"I need a coded holonet transmission sent to the Council. I'll transmit from tactical."
"Very Good Sir.", came the slightly airy reply, "I will see to everthing."
Quee shook his head at the reply. He had thought it was perhaps a running joke with the ships engineers to make the droid brain a snob. Having no time to ponder the thought, Quee turned down the gangway and entered the tactical display room. The hologram displays still showed the red planet of Sol Vareth, the Jester II(old Sith ship design? Been a long time.), and the YT-2400. Quee could see that his signal was already being received by Holonet Ops on Coruscant(God I love the Holonet), so he quickly took his place on the dais after entering his security code.
"Master Skywalker.", Quee began as the image of a slightly younger man in dark robes appeared in the projector.
"Yes Master Varcek. What is it I can do for you."
"Luke, I need to report some information to You and the council. I will also need to take some leave time from my duties to you both."
"Very well Quee, What do you have to tell me".
Half an hour later Quee was again opening up a line of communication. Only this time it was to an Outer Rim system that he had not been to in a long time. (I only hope he still has Holonet capabilities. We don't have time to wait on old fashioned communications.)
After another half hour of attempts by Maestro, followed by the expert assisstance of Ooglen, a communication confirmation was finally received and an image finally took shape in the projectors. A whitish skinned hunanoid with pointed teeth and two tentacles sprouting from the base of its head. It was unmistakably a Twi'lek.
"Gordon?", Quee asked as he set himself on the dais.
"Quveey? Es dat jyu?", returned the Twi'lek nervously.
"Yes it is old friend. How are you?"
"I am fvine, bat jyu luuk devrent."
"Let's just say, fresh air is good for a man's health."
"I zee, bat jyuh ded not call me about jyour health. Vat es it?
"I need some information. I need to know all you can tell me about a certain persons organization, the systems he is involved in, and any persons who can take me there or tell me where to go.
"Who es des person?"
"A Lord Desolist."
Gordons eyes widened and his nervous trembling became perceptible again.
"He has the aid of Gravin Dark, Gordon.", Quee continued, "You know what that means to me. It ought to mean a lot to you as well. Barherst was your friend."
Quee could see the guilt pass over Gordon's face as the Twi'lek thought about it. Quee knew that had he tried, he could have felt his conflict through the force even at this great distance.
"All right! I'll help.", the Twi'lek stated firmly.
"Good. I was hoping you would see it my way. I would have been able to tell you were lying and that would have put you on my list.", Quee smiled back, "I also need to know the whereabouts of 187 and Jeron Moll. They may be quite useful on this mission."
"Zoundz beg, maybe Jyuh should contact zat zilly bounty hunter.", the Twi'lek smiled.
"Too late, he is already here, but I'll tell him you said so."
The smile quickly faded from the Twi'leks face as he thought of the possible retribution the hunter might extract for the comment.
"I ned Zome time to gathzer ze information for jyuh.", the Twi'lek continued, "Perhapz a few standard houvrs."
"Fine. I'll be waiting.", Quee stated, " and thank you Gordon."
As the image faded, Quee sat back in the command chair and contemplated the days events and the connections he had remade. (Varsala won't be too pleased with whats going on, but I know she'll understand.) As he sat back, he began a Jedi calming technique tought to him long ago by another master long dead. His mind cleared, all darkness faded, there was only himself, one with the force. He could see the light of the force as it flowed through him and he was aware of all that was around him, past, present, and future. The voices of the force spoke to him. "luminous beings are we, not this crude matter". The force, his ally. Stretching out he could feel the vegetation and matter composing the ship, the rock it sat upon, the droids surrounding it, his friends by the bunker, and beyond....(one with the force).............

------------------
Luke-"Is the darkside stronger?"
Yoda-"No!No! No. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.15.74.121
Talbot Kenzeer

Member # 0

posted 08-07-2000 03:02 AM     Profile for Talbot Kenzeer   Email Talbot Kenzeer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The twi'lek was standing before me obviously upset about the bad shipment of droid parts that had been aquired by a group of Outter Rim traders . The traders of course dealt with anyone that could provide a deal cheaper than K'borrean fruit. They dealt with anyone and I mean ANYONE!

"Whas es zis garbage?" the twi'lek said in disgust as he took in the droid parts which had been freshly unloaded by the twi'leks own loader droids.

"Talbot thinks that it is bad business to upset a good customer such as you, Gordahn." I said as my ever present business smile stretched from ear to ear. " That is why Talbot does not deal with Jawas of Tatooine for droid parts."

Gordahn gazed over these so called "droid parts" in anger. Gordahns tentacles flew behind him in rage as he turned to walk away from the five large containers full of various junk and debris. There were a few droid parts within but it was mostly odd scraps of this and that in the form of old speeder motivators, hydroponic spindles, and other garbage that the Jawas of Tatooine had picked up and sold to the quick talking Vhem Dhem. Dhem of course dumped all this worthless junk on my client Gordahn for twenty-five thousand credits and took off before the merchandise could be inspected . Typical.

Gordahn stormed down the hallway. I was quick on his heels as we walked towards his personal chambers.

"Talbot has always done good business with Gordahn, no? Talbot always brings Gordahn the parts he needs. Parts may cost more, but no G'lzep belts or funchillas." I spoke walking close to Gordahns side still keeping my charming business face.

Gordahn remained silent as he entered his personal chambers within V'greet Enterprises, a legitimate business left to him by his former employer Barherst the Hutt that specialized in salvage operations. Their slogan; "From droids to starships we salvage it all!" Not a very good slogan methinks.

Gordahn quickly stood behind his small simple desk and looked outside of the small window that gave him a view of the clustered city moon of Nar Shaddaa. The twi'lek remained silent for a moment as he regained his composure.

"Talbot is still wanting to know what you want to speak about. Talbot has many lady friends waiting for him to return to Grismal." I said as I stood before the twi'leks desk.

"Ah ves."Gordahn began as he raised a finger suddenly remembering that he had asked me to stay moments before Vhem Dhem arrived. He turned in my direction and made his short way to his desk.

"Vou deal everywhere in zhe galazy I am aware."Gordahn began as he looked up at me. " I ahm also aware zhat you deal ah good bit in zhe T'lyx System."

"Talbot likes T'lyx System. Plenty of parts to be taken and sold." I said still wearing my happy business face.

"Ah ves. " Gordahn said " Vhat can vou tell me avout a Lord Desolist?"

My smile remained unchanging as I glanced down at the twi'lek.

"Talbot knows of Lord Desolist of the T'lyx System. Gordahn fearing that he may come crush you like a bad piece of mij?" I laughed. Gordhan smiled but remained silent.

"Talbot knows this guy united several of the planets around H'del in T'lyx. Talbot knows he crushed Gordoz the Hutt. Many ships Gordoz had. They all gone now." I gestured a big explosion with my arms. "No more Gordoz... only Desolist the Despot in that system."

"Know ov any solvivors of the fallen Gordoz?" Gordahn asked as he clinched his hands together on top of his simple black desk.

"Talbot will tell you that he knows of none. Gordoz pirate fleet crushed. " I said raising my fist gesturing the might of Desolist." Desolist needed Gordoz out. Desolist set up a base where Gordoz once held his. Many soldiers there now. Many people on that jungle moon now. Methinks Gordoz had something Desolist wants. More than power over that pathetic little system."

Gordahn sat in thought as I stood before him with my arms crossed. My jagged teeth still shining in his direction. Horns high to the sky as I waited for Gordahns next inquiry.

"Desolist vave many?" Gordahn asked.

"Talbot knows it takes many to fail an orginization as big as Gordoz. Talbot knows he has many troops. Two Imperial Warlords have pledged their allegence to Desolist. One an Imperial Admiral with several functioning Star Destroyers. At least three methinks. Talbot of course not mentioning the many smaller ships in Admiral Krom's fleet. Desolist holds T'lyx firmly."

"Very intaresting." Gordahn stated looking up at me with his pale yellow eyes in thought.

"Talbot tells you this as well." I said as I leaned forward resting clinched fist on his desk. "Talbot knows not what Gordahn is wanting there. Bad place for business. Salvage there was safe, now it is not. Talbot will visit. Talbot will stay out of Desoloist way."

Gordahn smiled as he slowly rose from his seat. "Vhank vou old friend."

"Talbot minds not." I stated as I stood erect once more slightly towering over the thin twi'lek before me. Our hands exchanged a quick farewell shake.

"Talbot leaving now. Lady friends can not wait to be honored by my presense." I smiled and turned before I could glance at Gordahns reaction to my joke. My lady friends usually could wait. They liked having the freedom to roam while I was away.

In moments, I found my way to my ship. I a few more moments I was in the vast open space above Nar Shaddaa, the Hutt's moon. I quickly made a transmission on a secure channel .

The small image of a robed man stood before me as I gave a slight bow.

"What is it devorian?" he asked as he crossed his arms impatiently.

"Talbot is sorry to bother you." I paused " It seems that there is an interest in our Lords movements in the T'lyx System."

"Is that so?" the image hissed.

"Yes , my master." I said gazing at the unmoving form. " Gordahn Globacrit of Nar Shaddaa was asking a number of questions about Lord Desolist."

"Indeed." the image spoke calmly.

"Talbot knows not what this salvage operator wants. Talbot knows Gordahn well. This questioning is odd for him."

"I will dispatch spies to monitor the twi'leks activities. Should he become a problem, he will be dealt with."

"Yes, master." I lowered my head again.

"You Talbot will return to H'del. There you will pick up another shipment of droids to to be delivered to our New Republic friends."the image paused "Then your work will be done... for now."

"Yes, master. Consider Talbot to have it done."

"Indeed." the image faded.

The rest of the journey would be quiet. In three days. I was in T'lyx getting ready for another run.

------------------
Jedi go big boom... I like this"

--Talbot Kenzeer

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 206.228.214.88
Quee Varcek

Member # 45

posted 08-09-2000 12:38 AM     Profile for Quee Varcek   Author's Homepage   Email Quee Varcek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
It seemed like only moments before the comm message came through, but several hours had passed. The force was funny like that. A simple trance could drain away time as effortlessly as it could pain, injury, and fatigue. That was just one of the dangers the force posed for the untrained...or the aged. It was all too simple to enter into the force's comforting embrace and difficult to break free. As one's power diminished with age, so too did the ability to break free. Until the day that one would not break free and would fade.
Now, Gordahn was calling and Quee had broken free to gain the valuable information the Twi'lek had aquired.
"Jyes Quvee. Gordoz vas completly viped out. No savivors. At least two Vorlords have pledged Zemselves to Dezolist and zey may ave Ztar Deztwoyerz at their dezpozal. Et es very dangarouz.", the Twi'lek stood still thinking of all the details from his encounter with his old friend Talbot.
"I didn't think it would be easy. Dark Jedi don't hang out at the local cantina most days. Anything else you can tell me?", Quee queried further.
"No. I don't zink zo. Only....", Gordahn's face screwed up in a grimace.
"What is it Gordahn?"
"I zink zomezing ez Wrong."
"What is it?", Quee suddenly sat up more attentive as he studied his friend's face," What is Wrong?".
"I do not truzt Talbot.", Gordahn breathed out a sigh.
"Why not? I thought he was your friend."
"He Vas. Bat in zis bizness, jyou cannot truzt anyvone. Bezidze, I have never known Talbot to give zat much informazion for free."
"What else?", Quee listened.
"Well, Talbot zaid zat trade waz bad in zhe T'lyx zyztem, bat he waz going zere on a
run. He alzo made a communicazion onze he cleared Nar Shaada.
"So, maybe he has an unfinished contract that is taking him there and perhaps his communication was confirming other business?", Quee countered.
"Jyes dat es true, I could not tell Jyou what vaz on et. Bat I could tell Jyou zat et vaz zecurite zcrammbled and zat et vaz an Imperial code."
Quee sat forward quickly. He could tell that Gordahn was being truthful. This new revelation made the information Gordahn had gathered almost useless. Desolist might know that someone is snooping and raise his defenses. If he were alerted, then Gravin might also be alerted. That would not be good. Quee did not want him to escape.
"Thank you Gordahn. I fear that I have put you in danger. It would be best if we did not contact one another until this is over. Unless, of course, it is an extreme emergency. Don't pry any further, but keep on your toes. I don't want anything happening to you.", Quee finished.
"Zank Jyou Quvee. Et vas nize doing Biznezz again.", the Twi'lek returned almost misty eyed (if that was possible for a denizen of Ryloth), "I almozt forgot, you vanted to know ze whereaboutz of 187...."
Sorben and Galen sat outside of the bunker watching the sun set on the red planet of Sol Vareth. It had been sometime since Quee had gone back aboard his black freighter, if one could call it that. During their long wait, they each had brought up trivial and mundane affairs to talk about while finding comfort in one another's presense. Neither wanted the other to break the bubble of comfort by too little conversation, nor did they want to bring on an uneasiness with too much conversation. For now, trivial would have to do.
As for Ooglen and Boglen, they along with K'khil had gone inside on the pretense of finding some descent food to eat before any trouble started. They had also noticed the intimate bubble Sorben and Galen had created unknowingly and did not care to witness its possible side effects.
Suddenly, the boarding ramp of Quee's ship lowered again letting out the trapped humidity in the likeness of mist. Quee could be seen coming down the ramp in his black armor and robes before it even had time to settle in the dust. Stepping lightly onto the earth of Sol Vareth, Quee quickly approached Sorben and Galen, who were now looking at him somewhat expectantly.
"We must prepare to leave immediately", he began, "Our destination will be H'del on the T'lyx system. That is where we will find Gravin Dark".
"What about Desolist?", Sorben asked, knowing the possible danger of a new dark Lord.
"Hopefully, we will not have to deal with him at this time. Our target is Dark. Our secondary purpose is to gather as much info about Desolist's forces as possible as well as his operation on H'del and the outlying planets."
"Is it wise to just fly into the Gundarks nest?", Galen spoke, her eyes wide as a womp rat at a Tusken shooting match.
"We have no choice. No one is able to tell us much about the system. It was closed to prying eyes by Gordoz the Hutt and now by Desolist. Anyone who knows anything is on his payroll apparently so any information is useless. Besides, it always worked in the past.", Quee smiled down at the disbelieving woman. Sorben could only choke back a chuckle and break into his signature grin. Galen suddenly realizing her predicament felt the heat rise in her cheeks and stifled the urge to put these two in their places.
"Fine!", she snapped, "I'll be ready!" She then turned and began walking to the bunker to gather her things.
Looking at Sorben, Quee smiled feeling those familiar feelings of once again traveling the galaxy with his old friends.
"I also know the whereabouts of 187, I thought it would be a good idea to get him on the way.", Quee began.
Galen heard the mention of another player in the game but did not turn to ask.
"Excellent!", Sorben chuckled, "Just like old times!".
"One more thing. What ship or ships do you want to take?", Quee floated the question, "I feel it would be prudent to keep mine out system in case of emergency and the 2400 would be the least conspicuous."
Sorben nodded his agreement but looked towards the bunker as if to say that Galen and the others should have some say. Quee acknowledged his comrades thinking and made as if to lead him into the bunker. There they could plan, pack, and eat before their journey began to another backwater world to pickup 187.

------------------

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.15.74.50
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-09-2000 06:24 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
A bit embarrassed by my somewhat juvenile exit from our little gathering, I did not bother turning around at the mention of this new unknown addition to our motley crew, though curiosity was gnawing holes the size of krayt dragon pearls in my gut. But the last words Quee spoke stopped me in my tracks.

"As I told Sorben," I began as I turned to face them. "The 'Jester II' is in this until the end. I have a lot of faith in her abilities; she has a few attributes to which Sorben can attest which might come in handy.

"But I will admit she might stick out like a sore thumb," I added honestly. "I'll leave the final decision to you two strategists. But get this straight!" I emphasized each word I spoke with a jab of my pointing finger. "Whatever you plan about my ship is one thing. About me, that's another. I'm in this with you, no matter what. Please don't try to leave me behind."

Realizing I had nothing else to say, compounded with the realization that they weren't about to respond at that particular moment, I closed my mouth. Stood there in the most ridiculous pose imaginable, pointed finger upraised as if I were admonishing a pair of unruly children. Felt a sly tendril of humor, originating from Quee, no doubt, worming into my brain, which crept down along the sides of my head to further inflame my cheeks.

I whirled on one foot and stalked into the bunker to gather my meager belongings. Why in Hell's Seven Circles was I behaving that way? Was it due to fright? Yup, undoubtedly; I'll be the first to admit I did not particularly want to cross paths with Gravin Dark again.

But that couldn't possibly be the only reason I was acting like a nek with a too-tight collar on; hmmm... this certainly merited some inner perusal once we were spaceborne and I had perhaps a moment or two to investigate.

In the meantime, not a good way to begin relations with soon-to-be comrades-in-arms. Maybe a little food...

I bypassed our--my (??) sleeping quarters and headed into the small galley-like kitchen. Rustled about in the larders and cold-tainer for something quick and tasty. Found some slices of meats and aged milk products, along with some vegetable matter whose bright magenta leaves looked appealingly yummy. Adhering the foodstuffs together with something gooey in a jar, I succeeded in creating several sandwich-like wraps which I at least managed to arrange artfully upon a large platter I had uncovered.

I stood a moment, admiring my creation. They say the way to a man's heart is through his gullet; at the risk of alienating Sorben's growing affections (oh, Khaandon I hoped they were growing!) I headed back to the other room, carrying my platter like some sacrificial offering to a god. Paused a moment in the doorway of the kitchen; what on earth possessed me to think of this in that manner? That question immediately followed by one other thought: Desolist. I didn't give a bantha's fodder what Quee had said; something told me deep down in my gut that we were going to be brought into his presence. With our run of luck, being a sacrificial offering would be a traipse through a t'plilk field by comparison.

I shook myself to force down my rapidly growing trepidation. Hell's Seven Circles, girl, enough. Bring on the food. And pray to Khaandon it isn't going to be a Last Meal.

------------------

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Galen on August 09, 2000]

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.197.179
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 08-10-2000 03:13 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
So it had begun, our journey to retrieve 187 followed by a sure to be interesting journey to H'del. K'Kihl and the quarren brothers had managed to dock the Jester II aboard the YT-2400 known as Favored Hope in it's oversized cargo compartment. Quee and the two quarren were aboard his heavily modified YT-1300 while Galen, K'Kihl, and myself claimed Favored Hope as our ride through the stars.

"We'll meet you at B'racus Seven." Quee said over the comm system before we parted ways temporarily before reuniting in the T'lyx System.

"Sounds like a plan." I said as I looked over to Galen who was sitting beside me in the pilots compartment. She listened as Quee and I finished our talk.

"Try not to get into any trouble while picking up 187." Quee joked followed by a slight laugh.

"It's me." I replied smiling underneath my helmet. K'Kihl walked into the cockpit and looked side to side at Galen and I.

"That's what worries me." Quee laughed as he image faded before me. "May the force be with you."

The force with me? Interesting concept. I turned back to K'Kihl as he stood behind Galen and I with a Fyngrin Wrench in his insect hands. He met my gaze with hisa two large honeycomb eyes.

"Secure everything is. " K'Kihl clicked. "Systems all a go go."

"Excellent." I said as I punched in the coordinates to 187's location. "Better buckle in, K'Kihl."

Galen snapped her seat straps in place as K'Kihl made his way back to do the same in the systems operations station in the next room. I turned to Galen only to catch her still looking in my direction. She seemed worried. I could read it in her eyes. I could only wonder if she were worried about the mission or if she was worried about the events that had taken place the night before.

"We'll be okay." I said as I nodded to her . I placed my hand on the hyperdrive engagement system. I said a quick silent prayer to whatever deity might be listening and slowly engaged the hyperdrive . To Hoonan we were headed. Hoonan was where 187 had parked his sorry carcass for the past few years between jobs. It was going to be interesting to see him again...

------------------
I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.16.29.249
Jacko Kragar

Broken Back Button

Member # 50

posted 08-10-2000 04:08 PM     Profile for Jacko Kragar   Author's Homepage   Email Jacko Kragar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
There was a small bar located on a small planet in the Ves System. The planet was called Hoonan. It's worth? It's importance? None really. It is a great place to stop for a quick drink while energy coils recharged between hyperspace jumps. There were no more than a thousands beings on the planet at any given time. Half of the population lived here, the other half qualify as the "just passing through" types.

The bar that surrounded me was smoke filled and ones audiotory senses were bombarded by loud music blaring through the bars powerful Velitine speaker system. The barkeep was a fat old human who looked numb to the galaxy around him. There were a half dozen server girls (most were humans with the remainder being twi'leks), three dozen spacers of various types, and one stormtrooper who was sitting with an olive skinned twi'lek.The troopers helmet lay in front of him on the table along with some uneaten Gandar meat . The troopers bald head glistened from the sunlight that made it's way into the room. A large rifle was standing upright as it leaned on a chair beside him. The trooper sat in a corner leaning his chair against the wall with his hands behind his head and his feet propped up on the wooden table in front of him. The twi'lek smiled and laughed around him as she occassionally threw her arms around him and nibbled on his exposed ear. He would simply let her and smile once again at the sensation that it must have provided. I wish I could feel...

I could barely move. My body was covered from head to toe in a flexicast. My sense of touch mostly gone and my eyesight just now returning to what it once was. I stopped here as my friends ship was recharging outside.

"Drink." a female voice from my side said. I turned my eyes in the direction of Sasetch Grimson. She held a metal cup up towards my face as my lips tried to meet the straw so that I could drink some of the fine Glo juice within. Sweet. . . cold... my skin still burned a little from the blast. I sighed as a bit of juice dripped freely from my mouth.

"Thank you." I mustered painfully as I looked at the beautiful woman beside me. She patted the spill with a small napkin.

"It's okay." she said sympatheticly as she looked at my pathetic condition.

"Valcroth say the ship is about ready." I heard the devorian speak behind me. He leaned over me and looked at my face hidden by the cast. The devorian grinned displaying his pointy teeth before me. "Valcroth says that it was wrong to call him ugly. Valcroth knows that you are now the ugly one."

He chuckled to himself as he pat the outside of my satin robes that I wore over my cast. I couldn't feel his touch. I just knew that I was being patted by the force that pushed me a bit forward. Sasetch stopped the devorian with a glance. He turned her way still smiling and shrugged.

"Volcrath be waiting for you in his grand ship." the devorian said as he made his way outside.

Sasetch stood up from her seat. She came over to me and placed her hands on my side. She helped me up from my seat as I slowly stood up. She was a good girl. She was so kind and gentle to all. For all that she had done for me the past month, I could only lead her Dark. The Jedi Hunter that murdered her brother on Jorus One. The Hunter that was responsible for my current condition. The Hunter that I myself owed a strike or two from my own saber.

She lead me out the door as the stormtrooper continued with his flirting , the three dozen patrons drank, and the server girls worked there tails off. The barkeep watched as I exited with my young female copmpanion. I could only move with the speed of a space slug. Lucky for me Sasetch was patient.

Volcrath was waiting for us outside his ship, a Skipray Blastboat simply called The Fang. Why? Nobody knew. It got one from point A to point B and that is all that matters. He bowed a low bow and extended an arm in the direction of the boarding ramp while still smiling at my condition. I know this humored him. I always gave him a hard time when we worked together, now it was time to pick on his master. I ignored him...

In moments , the three of us were off to the T'lyx System. We were hoping to find Gravin Dark there. We were hoping to put him out of existence... Malice would be pleased.

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.16.29.172
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 08-14-2000 03:42 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I slowly released the hyperdrive controls with my right hand as the modified YT-2400 Favored Hope slowly exited hyperspace just inside the T'lyx System. Our newest passenger, 187 had remained quiet since we had picked him up from Hoonan. He kept to himself in the passenger hold reading who knows what. I am sure some sort of novel or technical journal. That is how he kept himself busy to pass the time when a female twi'lek wasn't around to amuse him.

I turned to Galen who was still sitting by my side in the pilots compartment. She diligently watched the sensors as we exited.

"Anything?" I asked in a calm voice.

"Oh yeah." she said as the sensors reflected on her face. " Sure as there is treasure on Roon there is plenty."

"Like?" I asked as I could see the moon known as B'racus getting closer to us as we approached. I saw some sort of large capital ship docked to the moons docking clamps behind the moon. I couldn't make out the type. Then there was...

"An Interdictor-class Star Destroyer..." she began as she turned in my direction "is right above us."

I looked above me through the clear canopy only to confirm what she had just said. Sure enough, there was a modified Star Destroyer lurking right above us. You could plainly see the four gravity well generators mounted within the ships hull. There domed shape was all too familiar. Though the ships crew didn't seem to have the gravity well's functioning at this time. Where they not working?

"The docked ship is an Imperial Dreadnaught." Galen said as I turned only to find her face down in the sensors again.

"Yay us." I said as we continued our approach to the space station that was the moon of B'racus. Once in a while a small ship would leave the area but for the most part, the station seemed... dead. A condition I hoped to avoid during this little adventure.

"Attention Favored Hope, we have you on our scanners. State your destination and purpose." a voice said over the comm. I looked at my tac readout noting that it only took the controler only 10 seconds to respond to our arrival. Not bad.

"I am Captain Drib of the Favored Hope. We wish only to dock with your fine space station to pick up some parts for our ship and possibly to stay a night. We carry only a small load of droid parts to be delivered to H'del Corporation on H'del." I said as I turned to Galen and smiled. She squinted her eyes and smiled back.

"Confirming." the controler said. Now was the time when the Imperials would normal try to pierce your hull with their sensors to see if you were lying to them about your cargo. We did have droid parts on board thanks to a small stash Quee had on his ship. Not a lot, but it could pass as a "shipment".

"Access granted Captain Drib." the controler said." You may land in docking bay 287."

"Thank you ." I said as I closed the comm system. I began to take the ship in towards the space station.

"Do you think Quee has made it here yet?" Galen asked.

" I hope so." I said as the stations tractor beam locked on to the YT-2400 and began to guide us in to the landing bay. "He was going to do some recon in this system and then meet us here so we could come up with some sort of plan."

Galen nodded.

"At least we have the Jester II on board if the Bothan hit's the turbine, aye?" I winked as the Favored Hope gently sat down within the space station. I began to shut down most of the systems as 187 walked through the corridor behind me and looked out of the canopy at a good number of other ships that were docked here. Most were trader-class vessels like ourselves. For a remote system, this place seemed to have a lot of traffic.

"Let's go get a room and some nibbles." I said to Galen . "187 and K'Kihl will stay here and watch the ship while we take a look about this place."

Galen laughed to herself as I began to leave the cockpit.

I pointed a finger in her direction. "Think professional here!" I said with my back to her. 187 was already back in the passnger hold reading yet again.

------------------
I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.93
Jacko Kragar

Broken Back Button

Member # 50

posted 08-16-2000 01:25 AM     Profile for Jacko Kragar   Author's Homepage   Email Jacko Kragar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I could only feel a tingling sensation through my entire body as we walked down the moderately busy corridors of B'racus 7. There were races of all sorts walking up and down this place. I noted that most of the patrons to this facility were human however, which was to be expected of an area under the sway of the Empire or at least some remnants of the Empire. Many spacers used this area for a place of rest and some others even for trade. Many goods were in demand here; such as Bacta, Volor Spice, Hambrex hyperdrives, and gems of various types. Why were we here again?

"Valcroth says Imperial Navy is a pain in his devorian bum! Valcroths ship legal!" the devorian protested as he threw his arms about in a rage slightly behind Sasetch and my flexicast covered self. I still hurt. I mean, I still hurt when my senses actually decide to make themselves known.

"You are out galavanting in an Imperial issue Skipray, Volcrath. What in Zantaths name made you think that you could just zip into an Imperial held area and no be forced to land here for an inspection?" Sasetch said as she glanced back at the protesting devorian mercenary. She continued to help me walk down this corridor by staying by my side and guiding me as we made our way through the passageway.

"Volcrath figured an inspection! Volcrath did not figure a hands on inspection of his craft!" the devorian for hire continued" Volcrath needs a drink!"

"Then go get one!" Sasetch said apparently fed up with the devorians frustration. The footsteps behind us stopped suddenly. Sasetch turned to look. I slowly turned with her. The devorian had stopped in his tracks and crossed his arms.

Volcrath smiled as he slowly nodded his head. "Volcrath is feeling a bit unwelcome. Me thinks that Volcrath leave Sasetch alone with her patient now, no? Volcrath thinks he is being q'rock block here."

The devorian smiled as Sasetch shot him an evil look. I didn't care. I just wanted to sit down. I could feel my legs beginning to throb. I had been walking to much.

"Volcrath will leave Sas and Kragar to themselves. Volcrath will go for that drink now. Kragar will get us a room til the Imperials are finished inspecting Volcraths ship, no?"

I gave a slight nod. That hurt a bit to. Ouch!

"Good says Volcrath! Volcrath says Imperials will at least delay us a full twenty - two hours. "the devorian turned on his heel and walked away. " Volcrath glad Imperials don't have their Empire. Inspections stink much!"

The devorian walked away still throwing his arms about as a group of stormtroopers marched by all decked out in their noticable white and black armor. The devorian raised his hands to his head and made some sort of juvenile gesture while sticking out his tongue at the passing troops. The troops ignored the devorian as they went about their patrol.

"C'mon" Sasetch said softly as we continued down our current path to the Galaxy Queen Hotel within this spaceport. "Lets get you well rested."

She was still to caring for me. She looked after all my needs. I could only provide her with the location of Dark. A simple task that Sasetch Grimson was willing to do anything for.

She continued to guide me down the hall past the many spacers and traders that were visiting. A couple flitter droids zoomed by above us as we approached the enterance to the Galaxy Queen. Four Imperial Navy troopers guarded the entrance to this somewhat mediocre establishment. It's worn walls and rusty exterior was a hint as to the type of place this was going to be. At least the security was... adequate. I sighed painfully as we continued to walk forward. Thats when I saw him...

The man in the tan corellian armor. Beside him with an arm in his arm was a woman. His helmet was off? This is a special day indeed. What was Tarnus doing here? I felt my insides get cold as Sasetch continued to lead me in their direction. The two of them had stopped in front of the hotel entrance. What if they see me? Wait... I am covered from head to toe in a flexicast. They won't notice me. Sasetch guided me past Tarnus who seemed to be preoccupied with that female . He didn't give a glance, not even a look towards "the handicap man".The female galnced rapidly at us. Did she know Sasetch? I thought....

We entered the hotel and quickly got a room to shelter ourselves in for the next several hours as Volcraths ship went through inspection by the Imperials. There Sasetch would change my dressings. She would feed me food. She would then quiz me more about Dark. Perhaps I should include Sorben in my "tale"... I could use this to my advantage.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Jacko Kragar on August 16, 2000]

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.237
Quee Varcek

Member # 45

posted 08-16-2000 03:19 AM     Profile for Quee Varcek   Author's Homepage   Email Quee Varcek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
(GrAvIn!)....(GRaViN!)...........(GRRRAAAVIIINNN!).

Gravin Dark sat up in his bed where he had been resting the last few hours. He could feel the moisture of a restless sleep on the lush sheets that covered his bed. He did not remember the dream, except the sound of a ghostly disembodied voice calling to him. He looked around the palatial quarters that was his room. Beautiful and expensive furnishings along with decorations fitting an emporer. Lord Desolist was generous at times and the hordes of Gordoz the Hutt made it easy for him.

(GrAvIn!)

Gravin, startled, looked around the room for the earily familiar voice trying to find its source.

(gRaViN dArK!)

"Who's there!" Gravin spoke aloud, not knowing where to turn. A gentle tug with the force brought his cloak and saber to him immediately.

(YoU dOn'T KnOw Me, GrAvIn?)

"No! Who are you" Gravin responded. He reached out with the force, through the room, into the outer room, the hallways beyond. (NOTHING!) Gravin began to feel perspiration begin to form on his brow.

(I aM tHe HuNtEr! I aM tHe DeStRoYeR oF tHe HuNtErS! I aM tHe VeNgEaNcE oF tHe JeDi!)

"Lovely titles" Gravin tried to remain in control. "But who are you?" His anxiety began to get the better of him.

(I aM yOuR mAsTeRs FoLLy. I aM VaLoRiAn'S dEmIsE. I am Quee.)

"Quee?!? Here?!?" Gravin's mind spun at the revelation. (How far away could he be?) Gravin still felt no telltale signs in the force. He thought, perhaps, he had a chance. "Why have you come?" He stalled while gathering his cloths.

(I have come for you, Gravin. It is time for you to pay for the wrongs you have committed.)

"But I have not done anything to you." Gravin continued as he grabbed up his bundle and looked for an exit. The windows were blast sheilded and would take too much time. Gravin then turned to the only door in the room, a pair of double doors that led to a sitting room with two exits. One to the main halls, and the other to a private stair down. With any luck he would be gone before Quee was within striking distance.

"You have done enough, Gravin, to warrant a thousand deaths."

(Thanks!) Gravin thought as he opened the double doors and started out.

Quee stood in the center of the sitting room, silently, in ancient styled Jedi battle armor, his cloak wrapped around him and gently flowing in the draft. His arms were crossed over his chest with his hands hidden within the folds of the cloak. A hood covered his head and an electronic mask, much like those used in the less than legal professions, covered any features of his face that might have been visible.

"Going somewhere" Quee plainly stated.

"Quee!?! I...Uh?...I mean..." Gravin noted the outer room's furniture had been pushed back against the walls, creating an open area much like an arena.

"It would not please me for you to leave so soon. I had thought you would like to have reaquainted ourselves first. I did not take you for a coward."

"What?" Gravin dropped his bundle "Coward?" He could feel several emotions welling up inside himself. His stomach rolled slightly. Looking within himself, he could see one overwhelming them all. One he had not felt in a long time. Not since first encountering his old master Valorian and being shown the 'True' way of the force. He felt...FEAR. "Coward."

"It does not surprise me. I have known that deep down all dark siders are cowards. That is how they are turned in the beginning. Through fear. Its always fear. Fear of death, fear of failure. It doesn't matter. They all have weak wills."

Gravin tried to choke down his fear, replace it with something else. He listened to Quee's words and found a new focus. ANGER. He could feel the blood flush his cheeks as Quee continued on.

"That is another thing of importance. Weak wills. That is why the dark side is not as strong and will never defeat the light. The force is all about the will and making things happen. If your will is weak, your force is weak. So you see...."

"SHUUUUTTTT UUUUPPPP!" Gravins saber had ignited with a snap hiss and arced towards Quee before the words had even begun to take shape in his mind. Its red beam came to an abrupt halt as it crashed into Quee's own purple saber. The two faced one another across the crossed blades for what seemed like an eternity. Gravin looking into the black abyss of Quee's face and Quee looking into Dark's raging yellow eyes.

"That's it, Gravin. Get angry. Anger is part of the dark side. Anger, hate, fear. All of these. Give in to them. Show me the 'power' of the dark side. Ya weak willed Gamorrean nerfherder!"

Gravin unleashed a flurry of blows aimed at Quee's head. Quee parried each one effortlessly, sidestepping, twirling, somersaulting. Gravin had seen Quee fight once before a long time ago against his old master Valorian. Quee was an amazing master of the light saber then, he was far better now. Gravin looked for an escape.

"Is this the best the dark side has to offer?" Quee spurred Gravin onward.

Not answering, Gravin looked for any advantage possible. Taking his lightsaber in his left hand, Gravin swung a low blow half-heartedly around at Quee's right side. At the same time, he produced a second saber from under his cloak and with a snap his, he launched the main attack at Quee's unprotected left. It would have worked on any other opponent.

Quee's movements became blurred as he blocked the first blow, turned his back towards Gravin Dark, stepped back and squatted down, deflecting the second blow and delivering an elbow into Dark's nether regions. The first blow was deflected with such force as to send Dark's saber clattering across the tile floor. Had it not been for the parry, Gravin still may have dropped it all together, as the low elbow, given with a touch of the force, made most convenient protection useless. Gravin fell back on the tile, one saber , extinguished, but still in hand. His stomach rolling in his throat. He could see Quee turning slowly towards him again, lightsaber still ignited.
Gravin his empty hand.

"Please. I have done nothing to you." Gravin began.

"Did you not accompany those who chased me across the galaxy"

"That was long ago."

"Not long enough."

"But they are dead. I did not bother you after that. I have left you alone."

"You would plead for your life?"

"Yes."

"And how many Jedi ,that pleaded for their life ,did you give quarter."

Gravin said nothing. Seeing the second lightsaber lying dormant behind Quee gave him an idea. Reaching out with the force, Dark ignited the saber and called it to his empty hand. It only had to get through Quee to get there. It flew quickly only to catch Quee's calf as he backflipped out of the way. Quee landed awkwardly, still holding his saber at the ready. Gravin's saber had opened up his armor and seared a gash across the top of the calf. Gravin could see his wounded stance and saw the possible advantage over his opponent.

He regained his feet and approached Quee. Smiling as he raised both lightsabers towards his wounded and singularly armed opponent, Gravin launched a vicious series of attacks at Quee. Quee continued to parry the blows, waisting little effort it seemed, allowing Dark to control the tempo, allowing it to go faster and faster. Gravin realized he was making no progress against his opponent. He also realized Quee was no longer limping. He understood, now, that Quee had healed himself. He also understood that he was being led on in this fight. Quee was letting Gravin tire himself out. Gravin's thoughts were suddenly pierced by the sounds of alarms going off in the palace. He saw Quee take note of the change in the situation also. Knowing he was in trouble, Gravin thought now to stall Quee until help could arrive. Surely he would be summoned or missed during the alert. Then, guards would come in numbers that Quee could not stop.

Quee had heard the alarms. He also knew what Gravin would hope to do. Quee knew it had to end. It had to end now.

"Only one Jedi in 4,000 years ever turned back to the light, two if you count Skywalker." Quee began. "That is why I have to dispatch you now. You just don't have the character those two had to stand out. Nor do you have the will. Sorry."

To the surprise of the Hunter known as Gravin Dark, Quee pulled out a second lightsaber from under his cloak. Igniting it in his right hand, Quee opened up a whirlwind of blows at Gravin. Gravin remembered lifting his arms to block the flurry before his body went limp, his knees weak, the floor come up and hit him, and the darkness take him. His only thoughts were: Did I block the first one or the second? Or did I block one at all? This floor sure is cold.

Quee heard the alarms ring louder as he began hurrying to an exit. The alarms continued even louder. Rolling over in bed, he reached out and turned it off. A Dream?

Still in hyperspace, Quee stepped onto the bridge and took his seat behind Ooglen and Boglen. It was only a few moments till they dropped out near the T'lyx system.

"Is everything prepared?" Quee queried.

"Yes." Ooglen assured him. "We will be undetected."

"Excellent. As soon as we exit hyperspace, take the navcomp offline and return to hyperspace. I will control the ship manually." Quee sat back and prepared his mind for navigating with the force through hyperspace. It would allow them to approach T'lyx by uncharted routes that would, therefore, be unmonitored.

The Quarren both looked at Quee incredulously before turning a look to each other. Both had done this with Quee before, but neither liked the idea of doing it at all. It made no logical sense and was physically considered impossible. Neither wanted to argue with Quee, however.

The ship exited hyperspace into open space. They were still too far away to note the T'lyx system. A few quick checks and they were on their way again. Looking back, the Quarren could see the concentration on Quee's mind despite the somewhat calm visage. They turned quickly so as not to disturb him. They would come out of hyperspace quickly with all systems shut down, including life support. Quee would mask his force ability, as well, to render them invisible to all but a mynock floating nearby. They would then activate the sensor package briefly, get as much info as possible, and leave. They could analyze the data later.

Quee released his mind as the ship slowed and dropped from hyperspace. His mind was masked as he looked out the viewport at the T'lyx system. Here was the threat to the New Republic, here was Desolist, and her was....Gravin. (vOiCeS!) He could feel him. Quee thought of the dream. He wondered if it was the force talking to him. (VoIcEs!) He only knew one thing for sure. Gravin had the same dream.

"sensors!"

------------------

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.15.68.186
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-16-2000 05:18 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I looked around the somewhat shabby establishment Sorben had dragged me into, seemingly without much thought other than his aforementioned one of securing rest and food. If this place was the best that this grungy lunar station could offer, then I was in for a sleepless night, indeed. The thought of what might be waiting for us in whatever rooms the proprietor could drag out for us gave me the shivers; how in Hell's Seven Circles could a sapient find rest in a place like this?

I looked carefully around at that thought, eyeballing the assorted mobile weirdoes and semi-human bipeds that seemed to dominate the rather large if decrepit lobby of the "Galaxy Queen." Once this hotel might have lived up to its grandiose name, but now it made Mos Eisley look like the Imperial City on Coruscant by comparison. As my roving gaze glanced over the motley assemblage who wandered about the faded and out-dated furnishings like a group of electrons in some sort of probability cloud, I caught the eye of an especially massive and rattily-robed Baragwin. It lolled its long red tongue out in my direction, drooling evilly, and made a rude gesture toward me as it raised a glass of something dark and bubbling. I cringed against Sorben in disgust. "Ewww..." I grimaced, placing my hand on his arm. "Sorben...?"

He only waved a gauntleted hand at me, deep in conversation with the Toydarian at the counter. They were in the midst of determining the rates a room and meal would cost; I shuddered at what culinary delights might be awaiting us here. In an attempt to chase these intimidating thoughts from my head, I braved another peek about the room.

There. Over in the corner. Her again: a rather nice looking woman was sitting beside some being totally encased in a flexicast, carefully feeding him/her/it something pink through a straw. In most other cases my heart would automatically go out in sympathy toward this poor unknown, who obviously had seen some better days. But there was the weird way that woman glanced back at me... I know I've seen her before, somewhere, at least I think I might have; her face was one of those that you see everywhere, everyday.... I shook myself inwardly, trying to dismiss the growing sense of unease that was hollering for my complete attention, focused instead on the bandaged being with the pink straw stuck in his mouth....

And with a fresh sense of urgency turned immediately to Sorben. Going up on my tiptoes, I whispered into his ear. "If you think there is any chance of any rest or "nibbles" here, think again!" I hissed fiercely. "Don't make a fuss, don't even say a word; just turn around and let's get the hell away from here!"

That got his attention. His head jerked as if astonished I would speak to him in this manner; surprise widening those baby blues of his... which for once were not provoking my usual weak-kneed response. I clenched my fingers even deeper into his arm. "Let's sky!" I hissed with finality. Then, with a strength that surprised me as well, I turned and began marching toward the door, bounty hunter in tow. To his credit, he remained silent, shrugging off my strange behavior as if to say, "Women!" I let him get away with it; let everyone here think this was all due to a little female hissy-fit. I didn't care; all I knew was that I wanted OUT.

And I wanted certain somebodies to stay IN.

Drawing on that certain perogative possessed by the female population of the Galaxy as a whole, I began to whine in a loud voice. "What in Hell's Seven Circles were you thinking of, Sorben, to wish to stay here?" I began somewhat loudly. "This place isn't fit for a womp-rat; I wouldn't sleep here if the alternative were death!" //Which it might be// that inner voice urged; //keep yammering// Sorben was looking at me now as though he had never seen me before; it hurt to see that look on his face, but determined, I kept up the charade. "Did you take a gander at the-- the-- BEINGS here, Sorben? Why, that big Fugly in the corner was looking at me as if I were up for auction on a Huttese block!" At that comment, the Baragwin glared at me even more evilly, made a motion as if to rise from his seat.

I hurried on, over-riding Sorben's rising annoyance and concern with the force of the words I was spitting out. "And... and... I just know those two in the corner were plotting something devious; you know how this sort of place attracts all the riff-raff of the galaxy! I'm certain they were planning to rob us, then cut our throats as we lay sleeping!" Tugging on Sorben's arm, I jerked my head in the direction of the woman and her bandaged companion. //Sorben, you big nerf!// I begged him with my eyes. //Why in Hell's Seven Circles can't you catch on yet?// "You know I am not making this up," I continued. " I overheard them saying they were going to hit up everyone in this room! I refuse to stay here among this... this group of MURDERING THIEVES!"

There. That got the attention I wanted. Two of the Naval Storm Troopers guarding the entrance to this lovely establishment stalked in like a pair of angry rancors looking for blood. Off to the side, the Baragwin slammed his glass down upon the table he had been sitting at, raised his hulk to his feet. Headed toward the woman and her companion. I released my hold on Sorben to confront the Troopers, ignoring his attempts now to drag me off in any other direction but the one in which I was heading.

"You'd just let anyone in here, wouldn't you?" I began in the most aggrieved tone I could manage. "I can't believe this is allowed to happen; here you are, the best and the brightest and the most observant..." (lay it on thick, ol girl, these guys are lapping it up like krayt dragons scarf down gizzard-stones) "...and you actually LET these MURDERERS into this establishment! Well??? Can't you see what is going on? Go arrest them before a riot gets started!" I gestured emphatically toward the corner where the woman was now engaged in the effort of assisting the bandaged being to his feet. It was not an operation to be undertaken at any great speed, especially with a threatening Baragwin in the immediate vicinity. The Storm Troopers took once quick glance, then trotted over to the little threesome, their blasters raised and ready. "Just a minute there," one of them called out in an authoritative voice.

"C'mon!" I hissed to Sorben, yanking him toward the door while everyone was focused on the little drama in the corner. "Let's go!" He remained speechless, and allowed me to tow him out the door and into the relative safety of the outer passage. I didn't stop to take in the sights either; as if following some sort of sixth sense, I turned left and, once beyond the sight of the remaining Storm Trooper guards, took off practically at a run. I didn't stop until I found myself at the door to another hotel, this one large and bright and ornate and clean. The sounds of gaiety and glasses clinking beckoned to me like Roon's treasures; I glanced at the marquis which announced the name. "Emperor's Palace," I puffed between breaths. "This looks a lot better! I hope Quee's buying!"

With no further ado, I dragged the unprotesting Sorben into the doorway and perceived safety amidst the well-appointed crowd. My mind was busy planning the explanation I was going to have to give him; that I could clearly see in the look he directed straight into my eyes. Then I melted a little; there, deep within those startling baby blues, I read a touch of humor amidst all the questions. I didn't even complain once as he parked me in a nicely over-stuffed chair. "Stay here while I get us a room," he directed, his eyebrow quirking. Oh yes, I most assuredly was going to have to come up with some answers! I smiled to myself, thinking of those answers... so wrapped up in them that I didn't even see the long-snooted Kubaz come sleazing into the hotel. He crept up to me, startled me with a touch at my arm. "Information you seek, I have," he chittered in my ear. "Information of your sister. The one who is called Jharmeen." He then waited expectantly. I could see my open-mouthed reflection in the darkness of his eyes.

------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.159.146
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 08-16-2000 04:15 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Feeling like some sort of complete idiot (sheesh, I've been feeling like this rather a lot lately!) all I could do was gape at the Kubaz, my gaze lost in the deeply hooded contours of his ugly face. Jharmeen! My mind worked furiously. What on Klatooine could this creature have managed to uncover having to do with my sister?

Not the time for such inner questions; frantically I began digging about in my flight suit. Gak; not so much as a single credit, Republic, Imperial or otherwise, to reward my search. "Uh-," I stammered awkwardly, straining my vision quickly now over my shoulder, trying with every ounce of mental willpower I possessed to capture Sorben's attention. That esteemed personage was currently engaged in deep conversation with the Ishi Tibian who ran the front desk; from the determined look on Sorben's face, I'm certain he was trying to save Quee a few credits on the cost of our room. No way was I gonna break through that heated dialog. "Uhh-hh..." I turned back to the snoot-face. "Do you take plastic?"

The Long Snoot shook his head emphatically. "Information I have, credits you have, credits plenty," he warbled at me, fingers rubbing together at the mere thought. Suddenly his head jerked up; one gloved hand reached surreptitiously to draw the hood more tightly about his face. I instinctively turned round at the gesture, and let out a sigh of relief. Sorben was headed my way, a smug look on his face, two glasses in his armored hands.

"Sorben!" I cried out, a bit loudly. I subsided in reaction to the raised eyebrows that gained me from this rather posh hotel's clientele. "Quick!" I hissed in a lower tone. "Gimme some money, all you've got! This Kubaz has information--"

I stopped abruptly at the puzzled look I saw crossing Sorben's face. Whirled around in my seat. The Kubaz was gone. I jerked up my head just in time to see the door to the "Emperor's Palace" swing delicately closed.

"But, it was right here... oh Great Khaandon's Ghost!" I seethed at the interruption. Took the drink Sorben offered me; sat back in the chair with a frown. Took a sip of the steaming liquid... mmm, something warm and fuzzy. Not as fast-acting as the Alderaanian wine, but promising...

Jerked my thoughts back to reality as the cushion of the large chair I was sitting in (more of a loveseat type of thing, really) was pressed down as Sorben joined me, drink in hand. He turned to me, battling a smile.

"Yes-ss?" he queried, his deep voice innocent. "You were saying something?" He paused, letting the question dangle as, his eyes never leaving mine he took a sip from his own glass.

"There was this Long-Snoot here, right here!" I protested, pointing to where the creature had been standing. "He said he had information about Jharmeen."

Sorben sighed lightly, leaned back, and placed an arm nonchalantly along the back of our seat. Stretched his rather imposing frame luxuriously. "If it was anything of true importance, he will be back," he assured me over another sip of his drink. Then his blue eyes pinned mine. "There's something more important we need to discuss."

I shivered at the look. "Hmmm?" I replied vaguely, giving my glass the utmost attention. The heady steam rose into my nostrils; such an insidiously overpowering warmth it presented. At least I thought it was the drink....

"Galen." That tone did not brook being ignored. It brought my eyes up to his with a start. "About back there..."

""Umm-mm..." I garbled rather desperately; sheesh, he picks the darnedest times for these things! Raised my drink to my lips....

"In 'The Galaxy Queen,'" he continued smoothly, pretending not to notice the flush rising to my face. I lifted my lips from my glass, worked them a little awkwardly, giving him an even larger opening to continue stepping into. He obliged. "You know I could have stopped you at any time. You know I simply went along with-- with that rather remarkable display you put on. Didn't lift a finger to stop you when we ran rather ignominously out the door and to this fine place."

He waved a hand to the side, somewhat grandly, an eyebrow quirked. Then he sobered. "I trusted you in that I followed along, and in the process acted like seven kinds of fool. I have a reputation to keep. I'm asking you now, was it worth it?"

I practically melted right then and there. Thank Khaandon, that was all he was concerned about! I spoke up quickly, once again in complete control of myself. "I don't know what hit me," I began, "but I just know I did not like those two in the corner. That female kept looking at us, and as for the guy in the flexicast..." I shuddered to a halt, shivering. "He was giving me the biggest case of the creeping williwaws I've ever had. I don't get these feelings often, as a general rule, but I've learned to listen to them. I think--"

I never got to tell him what I really thought, as he interrupted me with a nudge. "Your friend's back," he whispered over the rim of his glass, his eyes like twin glacial pools. Without another word, without even putting down his glass, he reached into a pouch affixed to his utility belt and drew out a handful of mixed credits. I turned from the paper pile in his hand to face the hooded Long-Snoot, who appeared seemingly by magic and was now hovering greedily at my side. Even though his eyes were hidden by lenses, I could tell his gaze was positively glued to the money in Sorben's hand. Something almost telepathic passed between them; then, the movement quick to the point of being blurred, a gloved hand reached out and the credits simply weren't in Sorben's hand anymore.

The creature gave us a short, mocking bow, and turned to leave. "Hey!" I protested, starting to get to my feet. "Wait just one fiddling second here, buster! If you think--"

My breath puffed out of me as Sorben pulled me back down. The look in his eyes told me to shut up. I did, and thus was able to hear the Kubaz's chittering words as it moved away, spoken in a whisper only we two could hear.

"Your sister, she is coming to this system, T'lyx." Then he was gone.

------------------

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Galen on August 16, 2000]

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.213
Sorben Tarnus

Member # 44

posted 08-31-2000 01:49 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The Kloon horns almost gave me a throbbing headache (or perhaps it was this Jevanki drink I was having). The two Bith musicians seemed to have been playing for hours the same ol same ol over and over again (they were good though). The smell of various herbs and spice filled the air around Galen and I as we sat at the bar within the Emperors Palace. It was an extremely nice place but the beverages and substances always seemed to remain the same. I guess drinks and smokes don't have limitations on clientele.

I sat at the bar facing Galen who had her head propped up with her hands staring at the collection of liquor containers in front of her. She was definately in deep thought and I had a feeling as to what it was she was thinking. I lifted my small glass of Walk'nfall to my lips and took a sip. *gag* My face drew up as the bitter yet burning liquor made it's way into my system. The stuff is terrible but yet... what's that smell?

"Pardon." I heard a deep voice commented behind me as a form moved past to sit beside me. A large humanoid with reptilian skin and red eyes sat beside me.

"No problem." I said as the man sat beside me at the bar. He puffed heavy on his long metal pipe as he got the barkeeps attention with a raised clawed hand. I turned back to Galen as the mans smoke invaded my area. It didn't matter. The Walk'nfall had dulled most of my senses.

"You okay?" I hesitantly asked Galen who remained fixed on the bottles behind the bar. I knew she was looking past them. Perhaps not even looking forward but inward . Her sister Graysith was coming to the T'lyx System and I for one was not eager to encounter her again.

Galen remained silent for a few moments as the reptilian patrons smoke flooded my area. My mouth became dry in less than a few seconds. Thirsty. I raised my drink to my lips and emptied my glass. *yuk!*

"Barkeep!" I raised my hand in the squat fat barkeeps direction for a refill.

"What's she coming here for Sorben?" Galen asked as I turned to her yet again. She still stared into emptiness.

"I dunno babes." I paused "Maybe there is some sort of Sith convention going on."

Galen remained quiet .

"Well..." I offered a second serious responce
" we know that Dark and Graysith both worked for Darth Wicked in the past. Perhaps she is here to seek him out for some reason. Then again Graysith and Dark could be working with Lord Desolist. "

The barkeep placed my drink before me as I handed him a twenty spot of credits. The drink was only a quarter that but I didn't care right now. One hell of a tip we'll call it...

"Maybe." Galen said softly as a few Imperial Naval Troopers passed by. Where they patroling in here? Who cares.... *sip*

"Boss Sorben?" I heard over my comm built into my wrist guantlet. How the hell? Which button do I...??? Oh yeah...

"Go head K'Kihl." I said as I tried to concentrate on this very important announcement.

"Quee's ship on it's way. Coded transmission from Ooglan we have received. Scout mission successful it was. Twenty standard minutes ETA." K'Kihl informed.

"Okey day." I said as I released the switch that allowed two way transmissions on my guantlet. I turned to the reptilian humanoid beside me . The smoke was still rasing rapidly from his pipe. I smiled at him as he nodded in my direction. I patted him on his back. He shot me a look of confussion as I turned towards Galen

"Quee babes gonna be here in twenty." I slurred as I gave Galen a thumbs up. Boy am I.... HUNGRY! Galen finally turned to look in my direction as I greedily raided a basket of Vym chips in front of me. I took another drink of of Walk'nfall as I crammed a handful of chips in my mouth.

"Sorben.." Galen sighed as she stood up by my side. She immediately recognized the smell that was coming from the reptilians pipe. She then took my arm as I drank another shot of Walk'nfall. "Lets go!"

"Okey day..." I said as she jerked me up from my seat in front of the bar.One last chip... *crunch* Galen wrapped one of my arms around her as she held on to me by my waist to help move me along. I was gonna need it. The room was spinning a bit... and I found it kind of funny. I held my laughter in but once in a while a snicker would escape.

"That man was smoking Glitterstem spice." Galen said in disgust.

"Hooboy!" I said as the romm began to spin faster. "Spice and drank..HA!" I laughed aloud for a second then quickly turned to Galen.

"Am sorry..." I raised a hand to my head trying to make my head at least feel level so that things would stop spinning so fast. " I did not... mean... to get this.. baddd!"

"I know." Galen said as we neared the exit of the bar. Two Stormtroopers were standing at the exit. I lifted my head to smile in their direction. "Lets just get to our room. Quee will be here soon enough."

"Okey..." I said as Galen helped me stagger along . We were out of the bar. My eyes watered a good bit as soon as we exited the smoke filled establishment. My eyes then shut.... walk... walking... time passes?

"Lay down." Galens soft voice commanded. I allowed her to control the direction of my lay. My eyes were still shut and I couldn't find the energy to open them. I felt a bed beneath my entire body. I sniffed the air to try and figure out where I was but I could only smell the smoke from the Glitterstem on my person. We had to be in our hotel room. My head was spinning still... oh man.

A cool cloth was placed on my head as someone sat beside me on the bed where I was laying. I opened my eyes a bit to turn towards Galen.Her brown eyes meeting mine as she sat staring at me. A weak smile flourished upon my face as I gazed at her.

"Galen..." I mustered as I rasied a hand towards her and placed it gently on her cheek. " Thank you."

She smiled for a brief second as my eyes rolled back into my head. My hand on Galens cheek fell to my side.The effects of the Glitterstem absorbed into my system were beginning to take effect. Larger humanoids could smoke it all day long. Humans could only handle small quanities. I had much more than a small quanity in my system thanks to my reptilian buddy in the bar.

Galen patted the moist cloth on my head as I opened my eyes one last time to look at her perfect face. A concerned look was all I could make out... I smiled.

"Galen .. I looo..." was all I said before I slipped into unconsciousness. I would be fine. I just needed to sleep.

------------------
I am not a droid

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.212
Jacko Kragar

Broken Back Button

Member # 50

posted 08-31-2000 04:58 PM     Profile for Jacko Kragar   Author's Homepage   Email Jacko Kragar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My body was slowly regaining sensation ...

Sasetch Grimson stood by my side as usual except she was giving me one of those "what now?" type looks. I kicked the dead stormtrooper one more time for show .

"Nice to be arrested." Sasetch said as she gazed at the three fallen stormtroopers on the floor. Their armor was fully intact and that could prove to be useful on down the road, especially down on H'del which would be our next stop. "What did you do to them Jacko?"

I made a gesture as if I were choking myself. It still hurt quite a bit to talk so this was the best explaination I could give my comrade. She nodded as she walked a bit past me to peer around the corner of this abandoned corridor.

"I hope you uised some of your mind tricks to make them believe that they were comminicating with the security officers as well or we are going to have quite a time getting off this space station." Sasetch added as she scanned the hallway before her.

I slowly nodded again. I am not incompetent! I had to trick these troopers into thinking that they had indeed commed their headquarters then I had to trick them yet again into leading us to somewhere a bit more sparcely populated so that I could reach out with my powers and choke the poor fools to death. I didn't need my plans foulded up by a stupid little girl screaming that Sasetch and I were murderers. I will remember her...

"Volcrath says get your duffs to the ship. All is well and we will be leaving this station now." the devorian said over the comm system that Sasetch wore on her wrist.

She raised the device to her mouth so she could speak to the devorian who was obviously eager to leave this establishment.

"We hear you Volcrath." Sasetch replied quickly as she came back to my side. I still needed a bit of assistance to move about in this blasted flexicast. She lead me into the hallway where a few other beings were passing by.

We quickly made our way to the Skipray where Volcrath was waiting with an Imperial officer. Volcrath had his arms around the officers shoulders and the two of them were smiling as we approached. Volcraths jagged smile worried me the most. What had he done?

"Catain Kincaid" Volcrath said addressing the officer under his arm " These are Volcraths friends, Jacko and Sasetch."

The officers smiled and tilted his head forward a bit as to greet us. Volcrath remained smiling as he peered at Sasetch and myself.

"Sorry to hold you up on your journey friends." the officer said as he looked at Sasetch and myself. "Everything is in order and checks out to the Desolist Doctrine so you are free to leave."

The officer nodded yet again and turned to the devorian who shook his hand. "Safe journey." the officer said as he began to walk off.

Sasetch looked at Volcrath square in his eyes. "You paid him off didn't you?"

"Volcrath has little problem spending Jacko's money." he said as he took a low bow. Sasetch shook her head then assisted me me up the Skiprays boarding ramp. Right now I didn't care at all about the funds that Volcrath was taking liberties with. I didn't care to much about Sorben being here. I was bothered by his woman trying to get us in trouble but that was again the least of my concerns.

Sasetch and I sat in the small hold in the back of the small but powerful ship. She strapped me in. I couldn'r feel the bindings but I did hear the "click". She sat across from me as Volcrath raised the boarding ramp. He was eager to leave.

"You better take me to Dark, Jacko." Sasetch reiderated. She then turned away and towards the pilots compartment where she could make out the devorian throwing various switches and buttons to get us off this space station.

"You ... ha..ve.. my word." I mustered.

In moments we were off to H'del where we hoped to find our prey.

Posts: 8 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.97
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-01-2000 04:33 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Glitterstim spice was nasty stuff indeed; not many humans could tolerate the stuff at all, let alone in the quantities Sorben had inhaled. At the very least, this highly addictive spice filled one with a sense of well being, self-actualization, and heightened one's mental acuity and innate telepathic abilities. Unfortunately this pleasantly glowing state increased with dosage until at length one felt so sure of oneself that all inner barriers were dropped; at this point one tended to announce one's innermost feelings and thoughts to the world in general. In the wrong hands, given to the wrong people by the wrong people, wars could be started. It was whispered that the Empire utilized this spice to gain information from certain "acquaintances" given "political asylum" under its tender auspices. In some dark alleys and subterranean cellars, it was commonly referred to as "mouth."

I knew then that the words Sorben had tried to utter before passing out were true. For awhile, all I did was merely sit there beside him on the bed, staring down upon him as he snored away, a rising and giddy warmth building up inside me until I thought I would explode from sheer happiness. Very gently, I reached out and placed my hand on his cheek again, my finger reaching out to trace the scar that framed his eye. Running my finger up and down it idly, I wondered where he had gotten that scar, wondered what others were in store for him. For as I sat watching him sleep, I knew with a certainty that this declaration would not entail any hanging up of arms. I couldn't picture him doing anything but what he was cut out best in life at doing, and that was being a bounty hunter.

Which meant that, perhaps, it was an invitation for me to join him. My heart swelled further. I fully knew that emotional attachments were not the sort of mess most bounty hynters were fond of getting into; indeed, the presence of a love interest or a mate only presented a hunter's enemies with a handy means of retaliation against them for ills real or perceived.

I swore to never place him in that position. I knew I could fly a ship; I was pretty handy with a blaster, and knew my way around the martial floor. Trucking about the Galaxy with dad, going on digs on one lonely world after another proved great incentive for both Jharmeen and me to learn self-defense techniques. One never knew what sort of barve one was going to run into, and where. I felt pretty confident that I could prove myself a worthy partner to Sorben's obvious expertise.

Partner. The very word conjured up all its various permutations, and I shivered, letting that delicious thought have its way in my brain. Then I sobered, my thoughts free-flowing. I had lost so much over the past year, endured so much.... It was nice to finally have found something to begin filling the void I carried around inside me.

I looked down at him again, gently pulled off his armored gauntlets, considered his hands and the work they had done. Wondered what work they would be doing in the future. Saw myself at his side, without hesitation doing my best to assist him. Finally, turned his hand over, palm up, and raised it to my lips. "I love you too, Sorben," I breathed, just to try out the taste of the words on my tongue. They tasted just fine.

Then I placed his hand upon his chest. It flopped down to his side the moment I released it, tugged there by gravity. He was out stone cold.

I gave my chronometer a quick glance. The twenty minutes until Quee's arrival on this little station had long come and gone. No sooner had this realization hit than Sorben's comlink began squawking like an angry cricket. K'kihl, substantiating that fact.

I hit the link. "You'd better contact Quee, and have him come to our room," I directed, grinning as Sorben garbled something inarticulate and shifted into a more comfortable position. "Sorben is--uh, a little bit, er... 'unavailable' at the moment." I grimaced as I finished that awkward explanation. Oh well, Quee would understand. He had, after all, understood our little Alderaanian wine incident, hadn't he?

I quickly terminated the link, cutting off the questioning Verpine in mid-chitter. Turning back to Sorben, I let myself relish this moment for just one or two seconds more, noting how even this strong and skilled hunter looked a little bit vulnerable as he lay there, helmet and gauntlets off.

I couldn't help myself. Leaning down, scarcely daring to do so, I kissed him lightly on his lips. I smiled at the unconscious expression that spread across the rugged planes of his face, induced by this one small act.

Then I straightened beside him, sobering again. I remembered only too well what had happened the last time Sorben was anywhere without his T-visored helm. Even though on a logical note I realized it highly unlikely anything could happen in the relative safety of our room, that earlier inexplicable sense of foreboding began to rear its ugly head within me. My lips formed a thin, thoughtful line as, drawing my blaster, I settled comfortably in a nearby chair, to keep watchful guard until Quee arrived with the information declaring his scouting mission a success.

------------------

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Galen on September 09, 2000]

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.199.143
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 09-04-2000 02:01 PM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
HuNtErS GrOw ReStLeSs WhEn NoT On ThE PrOwL

LoYaLtY To OtHeRs FeEdS ThE HuNgEr Of ThE HuNt

At LeAsT ..... TeMpOrAriLy

The dim light of my masters chamber did not betray the location of his assassins which guarded him in stealth here. The chamber was once that of a Hutt who called himself Gordoz. My master had taken it from the powerful crime lord less than a year ago when he made himself Lord Regent of the T'lyx System. He has since won the patriotism of the local inhabitants by providing them with a strong defence and suplies that Gordoz had restricted them from having. Without Desolist and his two Imperial commanders, T'lyx would have fallen to Gordoz's competion. Numerous raids by rival Hutts and pirates had been easily deflected the past year by Desolists forces. Why so much attention to this lonely out of the way system? I do not even have a clue.

"What troubles you Dark?" my masters elderly voice echoed from above me .

I glanced my yellow eyes up towards the platform where he stood. I felt his guards presence in the shadows keeping their skills honed on me.

"I am growing tired of waiting my master. I wish to seek out Tarnus ." I stated agressively.

My master raised his hands to his hooded head. His gray robes barely moving as he began to walk towards the edge of the platform. His own yellow eyes meeting mine.

"Why do you waste your time with him?" Desolist asked as he stopped at the edge of the platform. "Tarnus is barely worth your efforts."

"Tarnus and his friends destroyed my true master ,Valorian. "

"Indeed." Desolist said as he pointed his old withered finger in my direction. "You were bested by Tarnus which allowed Varsek to defeat your master. You feel if Tarnus had not been there then you could have defended Valorian from Varseks blade."

Anger swelled in me as the incident replayed itself in my mind. My fellow hunters were trapped in the decks below . I was the only one who was free to do anything as Tarnus and his so called "friends" boarded our Star Destroyer and made their way to Valorians chamber. I heard Valorians blades doing battle with another as blaster fire echoed all around me from too many directions. I then saw Valorian and Varsek in melee before me. Vlorian was already wounded when I had arrived....and so was Quee. I could have made the difference. As soon as I ignited my blade to join the fray a shot from behind got my attention. I turned to see the armored bounty hunter shaking his head at me . Before I could react an electronet was launched and I was helpless. I tried to stay awake. I tried to fight the electrical current that my body was being subjected to but I couldn't. I heard Valorian scream as Tarnus stood above me looking at me. I remember him taking my blade and informing me that I was unemployed. The sarcastic sack of....

"Worry not about Tarnus." Desolist interrupted my memories. I kept my eyes locked upon his. " You see, there are several beings coming to T'lyx just to pay you a visit my friend."

Desolist slowly began to descend from the platform above. His form gently fell to the area before me. His eyes met mine yet again.

"There are two souls who want you dead. They will be on H'del by noon. There are two others who seek you to get to me." Desolist turned on his heel and began to walk away. "You will bring them to me. I will deal with them personally."

I turned to follow my masters movements.

"I have a daughter to attend to. She has many ideas that I need to entertain." Desolist announced. "Go to H'Del my friend. Bring those who wish you ill will here to me as well. "

Desolist faded into the darkness of his great chamber. I stood alone in the dim light. I had been instructed.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Gravin Dark on September 04, 2000]

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.88
Quee Varcek

Member # 45

posted 09-05-2000 01:02 AM     Profile for Quee Varcek   Author's Homepage   Email Quee Varcek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
After touching down on the moon station of B'racus, it was only a matter of tracking down the listing for the "Favored Hope" in the dock registries to get the location of our friends. K'kihl, I knew, was monitoring the local traffic and would know that we had arrived when he heard Ooglen acknowledge the landing instructions for the "Emperor's Folly". I liked to use that transponder when on planets sympathetic to the Empire.

After showing "proper" ID to the dock authorities and shewing away any prying eyes, I ,along with my Quarren companions, made our way to the landing pad that contained the cumbersome YT-2600. K'khl was on the top of an engine shroud doing some adjustments of who knows what kind. A ship's performance was never enough to suit a verpine. Leaving "the Scourge" to watch the entrance to the bay, Ooglen and myself approached the ship. K'kihl continued working unaware of our entrance as we headed for the ship's ramp. I was aware of a second presence but said nothing as I continued past the landing struts underneath the ship. I had made two steps up the ramp when I heard the surprised gasp from Ooglen and the crackle of a helmets voice toggle.

sshh"POW"sshh. 187 stood with his modified stormtrooper 3 rifle firmly pressed against the back of Ooglen's head. His modified storm commando armor had helped to hide him along with his considerable stealth skills.

"How are you seven", I stated flatly without turning around.

sshh"fine, thanks"sshh. sshh"I suppose you weren't surprised"sshh.

"Sorry, no"

sshh" I hate jedi"sshh. sshh" they take the fun out of killing things quietly"sshh.

Ignoring the comment, I turned to my old friend as he was reslinging his weapon, allowing Ooglen to resume his breathing.
"They are not here", I again stated flatly.

sshh"No"sshh. sshh"they wanted to check out the place, so they went into the station"sshh.

"Do you know where?"

sshh"Oh Yea"sshh.

Within half an hour I, Ooglen, and 187 had made our way to the entrance of the Emporer's Palace. We had left Boglen behind with K'kihl to converse on the finer points of engineering. I felt the presense of the two we sought. Bypassing the main desk and lower level security, we made our way to the turbolifts. I felt inquisitive eyes following our every move as we entered the lift. A glance at 187 confirmed my suspicions, as he too was on alert looking for any kind of ambush. The lift doors seemed to close for only a moment before we were whisked away and they reopened on Sorben and Galen's floor. 187 used the door frame as cover as he peered out in both directions to verify we were alone. I reached out with the force to check the status of our friends. Galen sat expectantly in their room. I could feel her emotions working overtime as she seemed to be watching over a ... sleeping?... Sorben. Motioning for 187 to take the point, we left the lift and headed down the hall for the door. Galen answered my knock after only a brief pause.

"Finally" she exclaimed as she looked at us standing in the door. "What took so long?"

"What's wrong with Sorben", I asked dismissing her question.

"He had a run in with Glitterstem" she said while looking at me with surprise as she led us to him lying on the bed.

I sat beside him and looked at his prone figure. Looking back to Galen, I could only smile as I asked, "What is it with the two of you?". I then turned back to Sorben as the color rose in Galen's cheeks and I felt her concern being replaced with anger. I chuckled to myself.

Taking Sorben's hand I concentrated, reaching out with the force into him. Slowly I isolated the poisons in his system, attacked them, nullified them. The ability to detoxify poisons has been a part of jedi studies for thousands of years. I have found it useful on several occasions.

"He will be alright" I said turning back to a still steaming Galen. "Wake him up, we'll be waiting in the other room".

Galen seemed to melt at the thought of Sorben being okay. I again chuckled to myself as I and my companions left the room.

sshh"no wonder they wanted me to stay on the ship"sshh.

I smiled and Ooglen let out a watery gurgle that I sincerly hoped was his laugh.

------------------

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 216.8.0.70
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 09-05-2000 01:12 PM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I shook my head to myself as I eased my blaster back into its holster. Sighed a bit ruefully, actually. Quee must think I'm a real pip, the way my anger tends to flare so fast.

But then, I couldn't really help it. I guess it fired up in unconscious defense of Sorben. Ok, myself included. But yeah, I guess I'd better start working on keeping this under better control.

OK girl, down to gilt pushpins. You'll have time for self-examinations later... I hope....

Letting my breath puff out in one quick burst, I turned back to the bed where Sorben still lay. I smiled, seeing the general ambiance his features radiated was one of strength and determination once more, even in sleep. All traces of Glitterstim gone. Good.

I smiled a bit broader, sat down beside him, leaned gently over... and stopped.

I mean, I knew what he felt. But did he want me to know? I knew I wanted him to know, and part of me yearned to believe that he had actually heard me when I returned his sentiment. But as for now:

Decisions, decisions.

With a small sigh, I stood up. Adjusted my flightsuit (egad, was I still wearing this thing?) with a jerk. Settled my blaster more comfortably on my hip. Reached out and poked Sorben's shoulder.

He rocked a bit on the bed in response, but remained apparently asleep. I poked harder.

"Hey, Sorben," I spoke aloud. Poked again. "C'mon, sleepy, up and at 'em. Quee's here."

No response. I frowned. Sheesh, wasn't this Quee supposed to be some big Jedi somebody-or-other? Wasn't he supposed to be powerful enough to clean out Sorben's system of that awful spice? From the look on Sorben's face it would appear all remnants of the spice had been removed, but-- I didn't know much about this Force-stuff; I was starting to have my doubts. What's the scoop here?

I took a firmer grip on Sorben's shoulder, and pushed. Rocked him back and forth with a little more determination. "Hey, Sor-" I began, but got no further.

With a rapidity that was startling, his hand flew out and grasped my wrist in a grip of steel. Simultaneously, his eyes flew open, pinning mine. In a flash, his legs swung off the bed and he was standing beside me, still holding my wrist. I could feel the slight tension of his body as his muscles coiled a bit, ready for anything.

Amazing how fast this man could go from total unconsciousness to utter clarity. There wasn't so much as a shred of cobweb in his gaze. I could only stand there with a stupid, if somewhat startled grin on my face, looking up at him.

"Good morning, Starshine," I garbled, completely off-balance. "Glad to see you're up. Quee's here," I finished, refusing to squirm in response to his grasp upon my wrist.

------------------

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.206.214

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e