my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
»  The Holonet Boards   » Role Playing   » Complete Star Wars Universe   » The Great Specter of Kym Magroo (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Printable Version
Author Topic: The Great Specter of Kym Magroo
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-06-2000 12:00 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
I stood there in the hangar bay of the YT-2400 freighter, staring at the one small occupant within. Why I was here instead of in a nice room somewhere in the city at first escaped me; then I realized that this wondrous thing before me, standing as representative of the time when my life had taken so momentous a turn, was important enough to draw me to it now like a magnet draws iron. I tilted my head a bit to one side, contemplating it. It positively glowed at me in its sterile docksite, a link between the good times and better times, if you will. With a brief interim encompassing the blackest of events, events that I realized would be haunting me for the rest of my life.

Bllinking to myself, I walked forward. Placed one hand upon the sleek, greeny-golden side of Jester II. Closed my eyes, and remembered...

Dad... all the fun times we had, all the wanderings from planet to planet in search of the tiniest of scraps to add to his growing collection of Sith knowledge. What would he now think, to find one daughter fleeing from their very descendents time and again, seemingly cornered over and over, only to outfox the fox and run off until their next conquest... and the other, now self-proclaimed to be one of the very breed he so desperately sought to know of during his life....

That thought triggered the black times...Jharmeen, this proclaimed "Graysith," my sister, hammering at Dad's head over and over with that rock, the cold winds lifting sand particles to scrape in her hair, the desolate sound produced merely a haunting symphony in contrast to her delighed laughter, as her arm rose and fell, over and over....

And now, tumble quickly on to the better times... Sorben, oh my love. How Dad would have liked you! What would I do without you now...?

I pressed my hand against the side of the little Sith ship as if to draw every bit of memory from it that I knew it carried. Slipping so effortlessly out of hyperspace that day, so long ago, to find a certain Firespray threatened by that dark evil, Lord Wicked; snatching up a very annoyed bounty hunter and his chittering companion; all that followed: K'eel D'oba, Gravin Dark, a dark and dismal cell and oh Khaandon Sorben, don't leave me... fleeing then, to a Quarren's ship, away to the Guild... Seus (why does that name conjure up a familiar niggle?) ...a dress the glorious blue of a hot, giant star, rivalling only a pair of eyes which widened to see me in it...

...now to a pirate's lair, a lady to retrieve; success, but at such a price, dear Khaandon, such a price....

Despair. Determination. Jester II, with K'kihl a steady influence by my side... now a stealthy arrival in the fox's den, no! Into the krayt's lair, to hunt in turn, to seek, to find...

My eyes squeezed tighter closed, tears leaking from them at the memory I provoked.

Khaandon, she used to love life so, used to love the birds singing in the t'plilk trees outside our house, used to love the way the children in the neighborhood laughed and played on their way to school... now how she loved to torment, to place others beneath her, her foot on their throats; how she delighted in taking advantage of small powers bestowed on her and elevating them to suit her purpose; how terribly the Noghri at her disposal ripped and maimed and tore....

I was openly shivering now, my hands leaving the smooth skin of Jester II, to place themselves protectively over my abdomen. I fancied I felt something strong and ecstatically alive therein, although by the flatness of my stomach I knew that to be only my imagination.... Onward now, my thoughts continued the roller-coaster gamut of events that had flooded my life since I first bore down on that unsuspecting Firespray....

Her again, suddenly Jharmeen. Oh, so terribly, hideously brief in that role. Escape; no, casting out....

Sol Varek.

My thoughts abruptly stopped there. Good times; horribly dark times. Better ones, yet intermixed the constant knowledge that for some reason, I would be on the run with my love for quite some time, if not the rest of my life.

Would I trade all this if I could? Would I send myself back to that day, zipping about that monstrous Interdictor like a taunting gnat, and just turn and zip away? If I could, would I exchange it even for my former life, a life of academia and study and exploration, shared with my laughing and life-loving father? Already knowing the answer to all the others, I shied away from the last inner question, refusing to even consider it, the tears now coursing freely down my face.

Sol Varek.

I focused again with new intensity. Tried to remember the tiniest clue of the night when that miracle within me had actually begun its new life. Couldn't raise up the most infinitesimal of shadows. Sighed, sobbing and hiccupping a little quieter now, aching to remember that which denoted one of the few days of my life I would consider to be important to me. More so, in fact, for it involved not just me alone.

Behind me, the quiet sound of approaching bootsteps suddenly filled the hangar. I instinctively knew who it was without even having to turn around.

"Galen?" Sorben's strong yet somehow soft voice came into my ears. "What are you doing here all alone, babes? I've been hunting all over for you. I--"

I whirled, the teartracks on my face, those yet shining in my eyes, the Jester II all combined in a strange enough composite to cut him off in mid-speech. For a moment I just stood there, watching him watch me, my mouth working. A part of me finally took note of the fact that I was still clutching the voucher D'ubus had given to me before departing into his own strange world.

I held it out, hiccupping. Sorben came forward, took the voucher from me, glanced at it with only half an eye, stared into my face for an entire second before his eyes were drawn back to the voucher. They widened in surprise and growing excitement. "Twenty thousand! Galen, where--?" he began, but before he could continue, before I could even think, I cut him off, blurting the words out all in a rush.

"D'ubus gave it to me, for us. I think he intended it as enough to find a nice little place to settle down. We'll need it for the baby. But I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do...."

I paused, blinking, watching the look on his face change yet again, the sleek Sith ship behind me reminding him forcibly of all that we were to each other, all that had happened, and hinting a little darkly at all that which might yet come.

------------------
[monger=FF0000,0000FF]"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."[/monger]

[Edited 4 times, lastly by Galen on October 08, 2000]

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.64
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-09-2000 02:03 AM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
My entire body went numb after the announcement of a baby. My mind quickly shuffled through it's replay file on what she had said but it kept telling me the same thing. D'ubus had given Galen money for us to settle down because of a baby? I felt dizzy. I leaned against a large silver container in the cargo hold as my head turned away from Galen. I placed my other hand upon my brow to stop the sudden spinning. My senses quickly snapped back to reality as I gazed back at Galen . She stood with her arms crossed as she waited for me to say something, anything intelligent for a verbal responce.

"D'ubus gone, hunh?" I said. Why did I say that? My body still felt numb and my heart was racing. Galen pouted as she looked up at me with her big brown eyes. She nodded. I long exhale of breath followed from within as I glanced to the side of the cargo holds interior.

"Sorben.."she bagan as she moved forward towards me."I know this is a bit sudden.."

I looked at her and nodded as she paused mid sentence. She fell silent as well. The five seconds that passed seemed like an eternity. She looked to the hangers floor.

"Galen.." I began as I moved close to her. I took her hands in mine and clasped them tightly as our arms dangled by our sides, our eyes meeting." I am...",I couldn't for the life of me think as to what to say. I was surprised,happy, and confused to say the least. "I am speechless."

Galen pouted up into my eyes as she moved her hands to my back. My hands immediately went to hers. We held one another in a strong embrace. I did love her. I cared for her deeply. I didn't want anything to ever happen to her. I was reluctant to let her come with us because I feared for her. I knew that she could take care of herself but still I worry. It's natural to worry for those whom we care about deeply. Now this, this changes things even more. Now I stand here with the woman I love in my arms worrying still about her and our unborn child. I embraced her even more tightly.

"I love you, Galen." I whispered in her ear. I felt a tear upon my shirt where her head was resting. I planted a small kiss upon her forehead.

"I love you to." she said as few more tears escaped her eyes. She then pulled away to look up into my blue eyes as our arms losely held one another. "Are you going to be okay?"

I chuckled briefly as a small smile crept upon my face. I placed one of my hands upon her cheek to wipe away a stray tear that had stopped halfway down her face. "Yeah.." I said "I'm going to be. WE are going to be fine."

She sighed as a small grin stretched out upon her lips. She burried herself in my embrace again. I pulled her closer still as we stood in silence within the hanger. No words were spoken but the unspoken words were loud and clear. We had one another. We loved one another deeply. We would have this child together.

------------------
I am not a droid

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sorben Tarnus on October 09, 2000]

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 206.228.214.241
M'wonBo'o

Defender of Graysith

Member # 52

posted 10-10-2000 02:52 PM     Profile for M'wonBo'o   Author's Homepage   Email M'wonBo'o     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
//Seeking, hunting, sensing being, crying out being... Oh-SHE! SHE, assist! Help being, She in pain and darkness being, swirling down-down-down....

//Down narrow can-- n-no, "cor-ri-dors of ssssship" hurry, hurry, fast being; not to wander, only hunt, seek only, face-tendrils alert to blood of pack sister being.

//Satisfaction. SHE fast-coming, SHE now being; probing, questing being; strain I, strain I, hard-hard-hard...//

"M'wonBo'o, whatever is wrong now...?"

//No-time, follow! Hurry being, assist Oh-SHE! Tendrils seek warmth of face, of muzzle, on head roving, sending, straining... Oh-SHE, follow-hurry-COME!

//Turn I now being, going to Her pain being FOLLOW, HURRY, COME... behind me SHE being, HER mind in mine being, HER question there being, HER feet on strange ground fast-fast, run now, with me being, the hunt, a new hunt being, prey dark and strange...

//STOP. There. She, here being, of a sudden being; going, going... Mistress? Sense this One your... your... Blackness?? Darkness??? Mistress???

//Past me going, Her hurry being, Her blood-hunt companion She now passing, going...//

MISTRESS--???

//Go I, as small wind being, after She; sense this One SHE still with me being. Now follow, follow, hurry not, stealthy not, prey hunted not--?? Prey in mind being, in blackness being; Oh, Mistress--! Prey afoot, prey in nostrils being, recoil from black prey, death being, rotting meat being...

//Snarl I, snarl I.

//Claws to Her side being, fangs to Her aid being... face-tendril to her going, strong-strong; at side, SHE being, sense I wariness being, danger being, strength being... strange sounds in mind being, strange mind in thoughts being...

//Snarl I.//

"I see you know me no longer. And I don't know you..."

//HIM black being, dead being, rushing, swirling, whirlpool being, seeking She to draw down and down, fast-fast; strange noises being; snarl I as laughter coming, rising...

//She now her forearms raised being, small appendages open being, held backward to HIM being... they turn round fast-fast-fast as hunted den-kyrtle from this One once turning...

//Darkness rise. Blackness rise. Dead emptiness being--MISTRESS!?!?!?

//Of a sudden, gone-ing. HIM gone-ing; no more here being. In She, no pain being, no tremble-shake being, no fall-to-darkness being...

//Sense I, sense I: in coldness She IS being. She past this One going, past SHE...SHE growls, SHE question being?... down cor-ri-dor being, hurry not-fast. Gone-ing... not her blood-hunt companion taking?

Mistress...?!?

//Sudden pain and darkness being. Not of She...//

------------------
//Defender of Graysith, against all adversaries//

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Graysith on October 11, 2000]

Posts: 33 | From: Wherever Graysith goeth, I followeth | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.46
Gravin Dark

Member # 48

posted 10-11-2000 12:01 AM     Profile for Gravin Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Gravin Dark     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Echoes in darkness..

<<clunk>>

One foot forward...

<<clunk>>

..gently raise the next as the other meets the black floor...

<<clunk>>

....my master and I walk towards the dim light that shines down from above....

<<clunk>>

...Niteshade illuminates a soft violet at twilight...

<<clunk>>

"All is going to plan my young Hunter.." Desolist spoke barely above a whisper. All that was visible to were his dark hooded head and his pale white nose and chin. "I sense that something is still troubling you."

<<clunk>>

...we contined to slowly walk towards the light before us... I turned to face him as his gaze remained forward...

"Yes my master." I confesses as I continued to look at him with my deep yellow eyes. My red/black pupils focused.

.. we walked still as he slightly tilted his head in my direction...only a quarter of his right eye did I see...

"Then speak, Dark. You know that I listen to your concerns." He smiled as he turned to look forward again. "I sense it is Tarnus."

I slowly nodded in affirmation as I turned my eyes forward. My cowl wore loosely on my head.

"Worry not about ,Tarnus my friend." He paused to look above us into the dark nothingness. "In time, you shall have your vengence. You are not to interfere with Tarnus's child! "

He raised a finger at me as he hissed . He slowly lowered it by his side again.

"He needs to suffer, my master."

"I know what you are thinking my Hunter . The answer is "no". "he said soft but stern."I have others for you to deal with my aprentice."

<<clunk>>

... we stopped walking as we stood beneath the violet rays from above. The beast of Niteshade sang above...we both peered up...

"I will be contacting Lady Chee shortly as to what to do about Tarnus and his friends in Dalius City." my master smiled as he scratched beneath his pale white chin."I want her to do nothing."

My master laughed to himself as we both rose unaided to the surface of Niteshade. In under twelve seconds we were standing under the canopy of Niteshades purple sky. Another creature howled off in the distance.

"The summit in Kaladore takes place next month my friend. This is the event that we have been waiting for my friend." my master smiled wickedly as he and I both walked forward towards the double blast doors to my once secret abode. "Many things are in place."

I turned in question again as he slowly turned his gaze to meet my tilted face.

"I do not understand."

"It's easy,Dark." He stopped walking completely as he turned to face me. I halted in my tracks to turn and listen. "It is at Kaladore that I start the ripple. I disrupt the summit and many leaders will be replaced. replaced by leaders friendlier to the Empire. From there my friend... a new Empire.. a new Sith Age can begin."

My master sighed before placing his hands on my shoulders. He nodded.

"This will happen." he smiled. "I am paving the way forward my friend. We shall take back the Core that rightfully belongs to us anyway!" My masters faced dropped to one of disgust. "New Republic doctrine..BA!"

He released my arms and moved forward towards te enterance of our cave.

"I will alert the Viceroy to mass our fleet near the Tapani Sector. Alzerander will handle the Veceroy's security in Dalius City. I shall be asking Lady Chee to spy upon Varcek and Tarnus. "my master scowled at me again "Lady Chee will insure that no harm comes to Galen should Tarnus fail."

"And of Graysith my master?"

He turned to look into my yellow raptor eyes again. He smiled slowly as he gazed to his side at nothing in particular. He patted the sides of my arms again.

"She has to make her choices my friend. She is the Chosen Daughter of the Sith. She is also carrying our future, Dark. The future of the Sith grows within her womb." my master said matter of factly. "I will wait to see how she chooses."

The blast doors wooshed open before us. My master and I slowly entered the dark corridor.

"What of me my master?" I asked somewhat impatiently. I looked towards my masters face again for an answer.

"You , Dark shall go to H'grin. There you will find your destiny."

H'grin? Why H'grin? I know that is where we traced Volcraths ship to. I know that is where Jacko's mysterious employer resides. I still was in the dark about why my master held such an interest in this man.

"H'grin?" I asked anyway. Curious.

"Yes my Hunter, H'grin." my master said as we made our way to an turbolift shaft leading down towards his personal chambers. "I need you to keep an eye on things there. I sense something is residing there that even I can not fully understand. I feel that our dear Volcrath may be in trouble."

My master smiled as the elevator slowly descended below. I was going to H'grin to rescue a devoranian? I could not focus. My anger towards Tarnus was growing. I wanted my revenge.

"You will have your revenge against Tarnus my friend. In time... in due time." me master grinned as he peered forward in thought just before the turbolift came to a halt.The doors wooshed open.

"But first Dark." my master slowly exhaled."The Summits at Kaladore ..... and to check in with our dear friends Volcrath and Jacko."

My master laughed as we walked into the darkness. I would be leaving for H'grin by next morning. Alzerander was standing close to the Viceroy as all but three capital ships departed from the T'lyx System... their destination, the edge of the Tapani Sector. The Viceroy had little problems with keeping order within T'ylx... at least.. so far. Lady Chee receives a request from Desolist to keep an eye on Varcek and his companions. He was sure they would be summoned to the summit. Nothing must be allowed to happen to Galen. That was his primary concern. I scowled at that thought.

My master sat patiently atop his throne within his chambers . His head resting on his own clinched fist, he sat and waited for the events to slowly unfold.

((OOC "Hookay now kiddies...Dark will be going to the Hollow Houses of H'grin thread and Desolist will start up a new one here in the next day or two or even three entitled "..and the Cradle Shall Fall" Thanks! -Dark))

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Gravin Dark on October 11, 2000]

Posts: 29 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 192.187.203.39
Quee Varcek

Member # 45

posted 10-11-2000 12:59 AM     Profile for Quee Varcek   Author's Homepage   Email Quee Varcek     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Disgust. Utter disgust, mixed with sadness and pity. That is how I felt. I was disgusted at the turn of events on Ploatius and sad at both the destruction of the planet and the death of so many innocent people. Yes, many were foul wretches who were their merely out of greed, but they did not deserve the death dealt out by the rolling fires of Desolist's munitions.

The only ones who deserved that were the pompas asses present at the meeting in Desolist's dining hall. May they all burn in the pits of Hell's seven circles as Galen likes to say. And you can put that posturing fool Wicked at the top of the list.

As we prepared to rescue Galen, I had felt the rumblings of the Sith meeting. Each guest was using the force in great effort to hide each other's thoughts from one another. They are so trusting. This was the prime opportunity to sneak in and steal Galen. I assumed that she was in a force cage, as she was imperceptable from this distance and her disappearance was so abrupt. Only death would have been quicker and I still would have felt residuals. I would have left her in it to continue hiding her from the jailers themselves. They would have been so busy posturing themselves, like children involved in playground politics, they would not have even noticed us.

Unfortunately, D'bus struck first. I had regained contact with him after he and Galen's death ploy in order to gain info on the ground situation. His earlier aid to Galen had given me a taste of his force essence, thus giving me the ability to seek him out. I had tried to coordinate my efforts with him, but apparently he had other ideas. He told me to be prepared for their escape craft to dock with us. I had no idea what he had in mind. Unfortunately, the explosion didn't take the bastard sith with it.

Wicked was the first to run when the explosion began. He was fearful and weak minded. I had felt him come late to the meeting. I had also felt the unease of those others present upon his arrival. He had some strength, little control, and judging from his entrance, flamboyant and wasteful. He would spend his strength too soon in a fight to be effective. It is not good to be spent prematurely.

As for the others, they too felt like bickering children. Their emotions were high and uncontrolled. From this distance, it was hard to determine individual achievement in the tantrum exercise. I definately felt Dark. He was calm, but seemed to be merely watching it all unfold. He was always a nerf following the flock. I also felt Jharmeen. I knew it was her by the ties she had with Galen as well as many similarities. She was extremely emotional. Finally, I could feel another female. She seemed calm like Dark. Perhaps even a bit knowing in her demeanor. They were all bickering and posturing.

This was not the best that the Sith had to offer. I hope that it is, but I know there is better out there. In the old days, the ancients would have laughed at these imbecils. Sith did not stand for this kind of stupidity. They found a leader through direct confrontation and it was decisive. Thank the powers, none of these can decide who is to lead. They are more concerned with themselves than the empire.

Anyway, I had gone to my quarters shortly after the ship had entered hyperspace. I knew that the sith had survived. One had reached out to touch lightly on my presence before we departed. I was able to hide most of my strength, but she knows that I have some. She it was that had remained calm on Ploatius. She also tried to tag my ship. My security is too good for that, though. Besides, that ploy is a 'Duh' move. Now I sought mental escape into the force.

D'ubus had briefed me on everything he knew of the artifacts as well as Desolist's plans for Galen and her new child (Good ol' Sorben). Boglen had tethered out and deactivated the beacon attached to our ship. Sorben and Galen were...well. I had contacted the council and aprised them of the situation and awaited a call back over the holonet. In the meantime, I exercised with my light saber against my practice droids and contemplated.

A jedi weapons master had once told me, "a jedi seeks to end conflict through diplomacy, but when all else fails, war is the last form of diplomacy. So study the art of the light saber more than all other disciplines, as it will be the last defense between you and death." This had come to mind as I struck down a fifth droid with the gently floating saber. My eyes had not seen it as they were blindfolded, but I knew exactly where it was standing. The saber had shot out hard through the air, guided only by my mind as my hands remained bound behind me. I was in my eleventh hour of sparring. Five opponents remained as the others were drug away to the waiting Boglen. He repaired and programmed them as quickly as any two other men might, keeping a steady stream of opponents hussling to there deaths.

Shortly after this, we had exited hyperspace. It took only a second to launch the tracking beacon at an outbound freighter headed to some far off system, then we were landing the HT-2200 on a pad in Dalius city. Again we were safely tucked away inside the belly of the bohemoth after a brief stop somewhere outside of Ploatius' close proximity. We had gone undetected.

Now it was for us to watch and wait for the council orders. And rag the new daddy.

------------------
Luke-"Is the darkside stronger?"
Yoda-"No!No! No. Quicker. Easier. More seductive."

Posts: 15 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 63.15.68.61
Sorben Tarnus

Former Top-Dog Bounty Hunter, Now 3rd-In-Charge of the Galaxy

Member # 44

posted 10-11-2000 03:26 PM     Profile for Sorben Tarnus   Author's Homepage   Email Sorben Tarnus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Quee listened as the image of Fynn Shanya stood before him. Quee stood at perfect attention in front of the Jedi coucilman with his hands clasped in front of him.

"It is a true disaster what happened on Ploatius, Master Varcek. I suppose that I am glad that these new threats are found to be disorganized and distrustful of one another."

Quee nodded at the coucilmans statement with a slight grin upon his face.

"As always, I am glad to hear that no one in your party was injured. "

"As am I." Quee replied." So where am I to go next? I sense that Desolists fleet is being withdrawn to some place else. Am I to locate these ships? "

The councilmans face went from a slight smile to one of concern.

"The ships are a concern but I am afraid that another task is being asked of us."

Quee raised a brow in speculation as to what this new task may be.

"The Treaty of T'Kanan is taking place on your wifes world of Kaladore in a few short weeks. Despite the Regency of Kaladores reassurances of security I and other council members have sensed something dark and sinister there. I have alerted Skywalker and he seems to think that our fears may be legitimate. He has asked me to dispatch you and your friends if they are willing to look after things there. I know that you could use an excuse to see your wife and children."
Fynn smiled slightly as did Quee.

"Excuses are not necessary for time with my family ,coucilman." Quee smiled. "I do however appreciate the oportunity to see them. I haven't seen them in months, ever since Varsalas abduction by Carnate."

Quee winced at the thought of that troublesome gangster. One day he would find justice for his ill dealings.

"Good then. I hope that you and your friends will be out of T'lyx by next sunrise. The situation there should remain a concern however I feel that this Lord Desolist will be hiding in the shadows for a while."

"I agree."

The councilman sighed as he looked to his fellow Jedi. He knew that his orders were vague. He knew however that something dark and vile would be unfolding on Kaladore. He also knew that visions and feelings could also be incorrect. He was hoping that this would be the case on Kaladore. He was hoping that this would be a safe and easy mission for his friend. He just hoped for the best.

"Well then , Master Varsek."Fynn said as his face straightened again. "I wish you good luck. Tell your wife and children hello for me. Breven's speed my friend."

"I shall." Quee said as the image of Fynn faded from in front of him. Quee glanced to the floor of the comm room then to the door behind him. He slowly walked out of the room with a slight smile upon his face.

"Come Sorben." Quee said as he passed my position."We have things pressing at us once again."

I looked to the side and quickly removed myself from my leaning against the wall. I had waited somewhat anxiously while he contacted the Jedi Coucil. I was eager to find out what was going on with Desolist and Dark. I needed to know what was happening, not only for my own curiosity but for Galen and our baby. I had three people to worry about now . Things were changing.

"We are going to Kaladore my friend." Quee said as I followed him past the water filled tubes that Ooglan and Boglan had fitted inside the YT-1300 for their own amusement. It was like some sort of giant aquarium. " The council feels that something dark and mysterious is lurking there. We are to find out what if anything is there at all."

I nodded as I absorbed the little bit of information that Quee provided.

"The Treaty of T'Kanan will atract many representatives from across the galaxy. It is too tempting a target for some . I fear that the council may be right on this one."

I listened still as we walked through a pair of blast doors towards the small cargo hanger.

"You can count Galen and I in." I said hoping that I wasn't speaking out prematurely for Galen. She could at least rest or take in the sights if she felt as if she had better not join us. I needed to help my friends. I needed to be there for them.

"Thank you." Quee said as we entered the cargo bay. Within the bay, Ooglan, Boglan,K'Kihl, and 187 were rolling cubes. Boglan it seems had swindled the most credits out of everyone. A stack of about one hundred credits lay disorganized by his side. 187 rolled the cubes and quickly cursed the cubes as he made that pile one hundred and one.

"My friends." Quee announced."We have a new mission. "

Everyone turned a slow gaze towards Quee as he asked them to join him for our mission to Kaladore. Morning would be here soon. By morning, we would all be gone. Tonight however I would be spending with the still resting Galen. She had been through quite a lot with Desolist. She was still exhausted from the events that had taken place days earlier. Tonight we spend in peace. Tonight we rest.

------------------
I am not a droid

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sorben Tarnus on October 11, 2000]

Posts: 380 | From: | Registered: Aug 2000  |  Logged: 199.35.167.102
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-11-2000 06:33 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The shaded ovoid bulkhead of the elegant quarters given to her by Lady Gouyen arched over the bowed head of the Chosen Daughter, a seeming bulwark that would serve to protect her from the eyes and probings of any external intrusions. Graysith smiled a bit to herself as she contemplated those walls in that context; there was no reason to raise any such shields against any of her companions aboard Mantis. All aboard the Assazi ship were close to both her and her cause, that she understood to the depths of her being. All loyal, as would they have been even without the cementing blood-bond that now existed between them. She smiled a bit to herself, acknowledging her own growing loyalty to them.

A somewhat frantic scraping and scrabbling noise broke through her thoughts. It was M'wonBo'o: refrained from entry by the firmly closed and newly reinforced door to their quarters, he scratched and scraped like a young nek seeking fresh meat. She sent a quieting thought into the tuk'ata's mind. Calm, my dear one, she purred. All is well with me; I need solitude for that which I now seek to do. Prevent any such interruptions from occurring, my companion. She smiled as the rasping of the tuk'ata's claws gradually slowed, and then ceased momentarily. His questing thought brushed into her mind.

Mistress angered at this One being? he fretted, the question blanketed with an aura of concern and not a little fear as well. The impact of Graysith's final confrontation with Darth Wicked outside the storage chamber still haunted him; an instinctive snarl lifted his lips as outside the door, he raised a ten-inch claw to scratch a final protest upon the door. Protect you not-not against black-dead-rotting Him; Mistress against this One now turning, in anger at failure being?

Graysith smiled again, sending mental imagery of stroking the tuk'ata's head into his thoughts. You did well, my companion, she replied. There was no failure on your part. What I did, I chose to do; indeed, I had to do. Calm yourself now, my dear friend. All is well. I shall call you shortly to join me.

This seemed to satisfy the great beast as with a final whuffing exhalation, he lowered his paw at last, face-tendrils slowing their agitated movements. Circling and pawing, he curled up without the door, there to guard and protect, his pupilless eyes alert to any possible threat.

Within their chambers, a single thought emanating from the Chosen Daughter dimmed the lighting to that which existed on any planet in the soft moments directly following sunset. Surrounded by the twilit glow, the Chosen Daughter quieted her thoughts, bowed her head again, closed her eyes, and concentrated. Slowly, slowly, all awareness linking her to her immediate surroundings faded into that velvet gloaming, taking with it one word which suddenly and with utter ease pushed against it, broke through it...

...and escaped the Mantis altogether. Velocities far exceeding that of the light from which it fled carried that word into the darkling realms beyond, through the void in which their ship travelled, rocketing straight and true across distances measured in units almost too great to fathom. It finally arrowed into the dark and promising wisdom of another's mind, so very far away, one to whom she owed her very life and being.

" Father..."

A deep and overwhelming sensation of strength and pleasure and encouragement descended upon her. The deep timbre of the Ancient Sorcerer filled her thoughts like an expanding nova.

"My Daughter," was all it said, then quieted in expectation.

In her own mind, the Chosen Daughter pictured herself down on her knees before her sire, her head bowed in respect and love. And more than a little self-disgust.

"I came close to failing you, my sire..." she began, a bit hesitantly. "For too long I wasted the energies you bestowed upon me in foolish pursuits."

Inside her thoughts there played a resounding and deep chuckle. "Fear not, my daughter," the words spread through her with a growing warmth and assurance. "Your actions were not in the least regrettable. Indeed, you adhered to what has already been foreseen. The joining has been completed, the Power you hold triggered. The chaff has been separated from the grain; I sense new purpose in you. It is because of this strength which you hold, which you have held at bay for so long, that I have chosen you.

"I am proud of you, my daughter, my love."

The fire which suddenly erupted within Graysith's heart threatened to burst out into her entire being as she suddenly and fully recognized the meaning written between those last simple words. She smiled in return, feeling new strength and determination flood into her. In her mind, and Aelvedaar's as well, her head lifted, and her violet gaze shot straight into his fiery one. One slim hand reached out in promise to him.

"I shall fail you not, my Lord," her response was equally as simple, as equally laden with nuance and innuendo.

The Ancient Sith Sorcerer chuckled back. "Indeed, my young one, I know you will not. This has been foreseen as well...." Then the chuckle faded into the staggering distances which physically separated them as, with a soft and parting mental touch, Aelvedaar closed the connection between them.

The lighting in her quarters gradually resumed it's former ambiance as the Chosen Daughter shook herself lightly, then rose to her feet. A small and knowing smile on her lips, she merely stood there, contemplating the words which had been exchanged between them. Then she moved to leave her quarters, seeking Lady Gouyen Chee. There was much more to be planned for than the Assazi Force Master was currently aware.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Graysith on October 11, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.230
Robidougge

Member # 0

posted 10-12-2000 12:47 AM     Profile for Robidougge   Email Robidougge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gouyen watched the departure of Desolist and Dark with undisguised disgust, then turned back to the instrument panel. "Robi, I need you to find that stowaway and bring him to me," she half-asked, half-ordered the Cybernian. Robi flicked her ears in acknowledgement and left the cockpit.

Her businesslike trot down the hall was quickly interrupted by a frantic M'wonBo'o.

"M'wonBo'o, whatever is wrong now...?"

No answer but a repeated and frantic thought: follow, hurry come.

The two beast-sapients rushed down corridors and slipped through turns, their approach growing ever more stealthy until M'wonBo'o pulled up short just before an open storage closet. Graysith stood there, confronting the stowaway, a tall, well-built man with long black hair and a peculiar glazed look to his eyes. "I see you know me no longer," she told him, accompanied by the menacing sounds of a tuk'ata's growl. "And I don't know you..."

Robi took a sniff, and could smell the madness and death than hung upon this one like a pall. Durasteel fangs glistened in the dim worklight as she prepared to dispatch the intruder. But another worked faster.

Graysith raised her arms up, forearms at right angles to her upper arms and palms facing inward. With a quick flick of both wrists, turning the palms suddenly outward, the dark intruder was gone, leaving only a disarrayed tool closet.

Boy, is Saleen ever gonna be pissed about this, she thought to herself, then jerked her head up. Something else had changed -- something about Graysith. It was subtle, and Robi couldn't quite put a paw on it, but there was surely something different about the Chosen Daughter. She took a quick sniff, resorting to her most fundamental sense to see what was right and what was wrong. Ahh, could this be it, she thought. Her mind filled with possibilities, she returned to consult with Gouyen.

------------------
Walk softly and wear durasteel fangs....

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  Logged: 209.179.198.166
Galen

Free Spirit

Member # 28

posted 10-13-2000 11:13 AM     Profile for Galen   Author's Homepage   Email Galen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
"Treaty?"

The hour was late, I was still a bit on the tired side, to put it mildly, and sleep was in order. Most definitely in order, if I was going to be anything but a walking zombie in the morning when we departed on our next mission. I tilted my head up from where it was nestled against Sorben's chest, seeking eye contact.

"Treaty?" I repeated stupidly. Politics and I mix about as well as Ithullans and Mandalorians. The latter whose armor I was slowly beginning to wish I possessed, judging by the growing niggle of dark concern that was growing within me in response to Sorben's surprising announcement. "Why in Hell's Seven Circles are we needing to be present at a summit meeting? What do we know about treaties?"

Sorben remained silent for a moment, considering what to say. I watched as his baby blues unfocused a bit, gradually filling with deep-laid cloudbanks. A small frown flitted across his features, and he instinctively tightened his hold on me. I snuggled against him in wordless reply, waiting. At length he spoke, his voice low and serious.

"The convergence of so many worlds' leaders at the T'Kanan Treaty Summit is just in and of itself nothing more than a gigantic bull's-eye to certain slimeballs of whom we are aware." His voice reflected the growing concern in his eyes. "Master Skywalker has sensed some dark mischief is afoot at Kaladore, and we are being sent to make sure this doesn't impact the meeting in any manner.

"Too much is at stake here; the New Republic is yet young, and alliances are not yet firmly cemented. A disruptive blow here could be just the strategic move needed to throw the Republic into enough chaos for said slimeballs to sleaze in and take command."

He moved his position beside me, lightly taking hold of my chin with the loosely clenched fingers of one hand. His eyes regained their former brilliance as they stared deeply into mine.

"Babes, I told Quee he could count on us, on both of us. I hope I wasn't mistaken in that. I mean, what with--"

I smiled, reaching up one hand to lay the fingers against his mouth, stopping him in mid-speech. He immediately quieted.

"Sorben... love," I began, doing my utmost to hold back a sudden snigger that was trying to flee from my stomach. Khaandon, I tend to react strangely in certain circumstances, and that's a fact! "I'm not made of glass. I am fully capable of keeping up with you and Quee and 187 and everyone, and for quite some time yet. In fact, it's better than just tip-toeing around like some silly nerf-herder who has lost his nerfs!"

I melted into a sudden surge of inner warmth as Sorben kissed my fingertips in response. He closed his eyes, tightening his arms about me. I felt the rush of tension leave him as the meaning of my words assimilated fully. Well, the majority of his tension at any rate. I swear, at times men can be more maternal than they will ever admit to being! I smiled a bit, considering the morrow. I had planned on doing a little shopping in Dalius City; a girl can only run about in a flightsuit or someone else's borrowed attire for so long before growing utterly disgusted with herself. Oh well, shopping could wait. Being a strong right arm to my beloved bounty hunter took precedence over girlish vanities.

Besides, we were going to Kaladore....

That triggered the image of a certain gloriously blue dress, now long defunct. On the immediate heels of that thought was the manner in which said dress had become defunct. A pair of hideous golden eyes swam before me, taunting me. I suddenly shivered, knowing to the depths of my soul that we were destined to meet again.

Sorben felt me shiver, and tightened his hold further. "Are you okay, babes?" he asked, his voice soft with concern.

I only nodded, snuggling closer. "I'm fine," I lied, looking straight into his wonderful blue eyes. "Just a little tired, is all...." I faked a yawn, which was followed by Sorben planting a soft kiss on the top of my head.

It was as if a sudden floodgate had opened wide, releasing roiling and dangerous waters. A sensation that was ominously, threateningly evil overwhelmed me, which almost succeeded in completely knocking away all awareness of Sorben's comforting presence. My head jerked in response, and I grabbed at him like a lifeline. It took the greatest of efforts to mask that torrential feeling behind a facade of composure.

"Don't ever leave me, Sorben," I whispered, suddenly wide awake. "I love you."

Thank Khaandon he totally misread the nuance behind my words and movement. He smiled into my face, his one arm tightening its hold on me, his other hand reaching now to grasp my hair between his fingers. I kept my features deceptively calm, striving to supplant that awful roiling feeling with the upwelling rush of love I had toward Sorben. I yielded to the strengthening urgency of his caress, hoping to wash the darkness away as his lips descended on mine.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FF0000]"Sure as there is Treasure on Roon...."[/monger]

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Galen on October 13, 2000]

Posts: 1455 | From: | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.255.158.159
Gouyen Chee

Member # 31

posted 10-18-2000 03:09 PM     Profile for Gouyen Chee   Email Gouyen Chee     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Once the Mantis had been secured in her berth, Gouyen turned around and addressed her crew. "Time for a little dirtside down time," she said, and everyone brightened considerably. "You know the drill -- 48 standard hours to do anything you want -- except get in trouble." She grinned. "Dismissed," and her crew made a mad dash for the exit.

"Graysith, a word with you," as she gently laid a hand on the Chosen Daughter's shoulder. "I have recieved word that there are affairs in the Assazi Combine that require my immediate attention, so I will be unable to be with you and help you in your cause. If you wish, you may stay here in Dalius City and secure whatever means of transport you need, or you may accompany me back to Selnath, where I can provide you with whatever you may need. The choice is yours."

------------------
Never underestimate the power of the dark side....
*Gouyen*

Posts: 69 | From: The Left Coast | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 209.178.130.53
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-18-2000 06:24 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Graysith sat unmoving, staring with unfocused eyes toward the forward viewport through which the ravening starstreaks of hyperdrive fought for her attention. Beside her, a quiet M'wonBo'o lay, head on forepaws, his massive body snugged against her seat as closely as possible, face tentacle twined about her leg. Occasionally, a grumbling growl escaped the tuk'ata's lips; the Chosen Daughter then merely reached an almost unconscious hand out to stroke his head. Her focus remained forward, her thoughts in an exact 180 degree opposition, her demeanor uncharacteristically quiet as she replayed the events that had happened since Lady Chee's somewhat surprising announcement.

A up-welling of sadness had burst from somewhere deep within her at the Force Master's words. Immediately following this, her next instinct was to rear back in a camoflaguing anger, demanding the Lady complete the task bestowed upon her by Aelvedaar. Was not Gouyen the Chosen One, as stated by the Sith Sorcerer's very words?

Then she had considered further. Perhaps Chosen One Lady Chee was indeed... but in respect to her world and its history. One tied to the Sith, to be sure, but inherent to Selnath.

Graysith, on the other hand, was indeed Chosen Daughter; her destiny spanned not merely one but myriad worlds. Indeed, it would pave the path that the Galaxy itself would eventually set out upon. While it would indeed have been beneficial to her cause to continue on at this time with the aid of Lady Chee and her crew, she knew that of all members in the group of which she was currently a part, she alone was in reality the key element. If she had to continue alone, then alone it would be.

She had then quietly bowed her head respectfully before the elegant Assazi Force Master. "It pains me that we must part ways at this time, my blood-sister," she had replied calmly. "I shall miss your strength and companionship.

"However, I understand that events often occur which are beyond our control, and which cannot be ignored." She smiled a bit wistfully, thinking of all that had occurred to her in so similar a manner; then she continued on. "I thank you for the assistance you have given me to this point, and I rest assured that if the need would possibly arise, I will be welcomed to Selnath, that you and others may join with what Sith Lords I recruit to elicit that which I am destined to bring about."

Now the grin spread out along her features. "I fear that in my efforts so far, my dear sister, that I have not managed to procure so much as a credit. I would be grateful if M'wonBo'o and I could return to you to Selnath, there to appropriate transport suitable to my needs."

Now, a mere three days later, she found herself alone save for her blood-hunt companion, howling through the otherness of hyperspace. The elegant little CloakShape fighter gifted to her by Gouyen was a small but powerful little ship: a silky purplish-black in hue, its durable little frame had been modified to support both forward and rear pivoting ion cannons, an extended life support system, a cloaking device, and a hyperdrive capable of travelling 2.3 past lightspeed. As did the Mantis, the deceptively innocent appearing Darkseed was guided by a cyber-bionic brain. In many respects, the ship was nearly alive, capable of responding to threatening situations by it's own device, and with the speed of a predator altering course in response to the changing trajectory of its prey.

A small sigh escaped the lips of the Chosen Daughter as she shook herself back to the here and now. With only half an eye she watched the various dials and displays as they calmly informed her that all was well with her little ship. She stretched, her hand coming down once again atop the slender head of her sole companion, who immediately turned questioning, pupilless eyes in her direction. She smiled, sensing his concern.

"All is well, dear M'wonBo'o," she spoke softly. "We shall soon reach our destination." The smile stretched a bit more broadly across her features as she recalled how she had received those coordinates, and from who. The lingering glow of a pair of volcanic eyes filled her being with warmth and assurance. Another pair of yellow eyes filled her with a sense of direction and promise.

She patted the tuk'ata's head once more, then settled back more comfortably in the pilot's chair. Behind her lay what was. About her lay something that in reality simply wasn't. Before her...

H'grin beckoned.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Graysith on October 23, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 205.188.198.154
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 10-20-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Elsewhere.

Darkling streaks ravage the fabric of space and time, taunting the mundane order of the very universe with an almost chaotic relativity.

A mote, a speck, dares to infringe within this chaos, dares to grasp and command and overwhelm and use it. Dares to easily succeed, pushing on farther and faster than the atoms of which it is made should travel.

Within Darkseed, a flame-haired being suddenly raises her head, a pale hand rising simultaneously to her brow; a gasp cries out into the less-than-void surrounding her, to fall heedless save into the ears of the massive beast that lays at her feet. And the one that lies within her soul.

The beast snarls, slender head raised in protective, instinctive response. The woman briefly bows her head, trembling, then slowly steadying. An ultraviolet sigil flares to life upon her brow.

Darkseed howls on, its destination a palpable thing in its brain.

------------------
[monger=000FFF,FFF000]"I Ride the Stormcloud and the Night!"[/monger]

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Graysith on October 20, 2000]

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 152.163.197.186

All times are CT
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e