my profile | register | search | faq | forum home | switch id
»  The Holonet Boards   » Star Wars Discussion   » General SW Discussion   » TFA: non-Spoilery Edition

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Printable Version
Author Topic: TFA: non-Spoilery Edition
Entaris

Dark Priest

Member # 224

posted 12-21-2015 09:27 AM     Profile for Entaris   Author's Homepage   Email Entaris     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So...Without spoiling anything... Did anybody see it?

I thought it was rather good. I'm actually a little mad about it, part of me wanted it to suck so I could finally just stop caring so damn much :\

--------------------

"Insert Snappy quote here"

Posts: 796 | From: Victorville | Registered: May 2002  |  Logged: 130.134.82.15
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-22-2015 03:25 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SOOOOO SOOOOO GOOD!!!

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-22-2015 11:16 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went into the theater prepared to NOT be impressed, expecting it to be "a particular, expected way."

It SOOOO wasn't like that! Not one bit!

I loved the connection to the previous 6 movies, I loved the general ambience of it, I loved the CGI, I loved the story and I loved the characters. There was nothing I didn't love.

Looking forward with the greatest anticipation to the next episode!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 184.63.109.215
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-23-2015 10:41 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just saw it today, good story, much better acting than the prequels. I was pleasantly surprised. My only concerns is the lack of explanation of how events got from ROTJ to TFA and a few minor pacing issues. None of it deal breakers and probably my 3rd or 4th favorite Star Wars movie.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169
Graysith

Chosen Daughter

Member # 27

posted 12-23-2015 10:51 PM     Profile for Graysith   Author's Homepage   Email Graysith     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have some speculations regarding the apparent speed that circumstances so quickly segued from ROTJ to TFA... but, hey, spoilers.

SO I won't present my ideas here. At least not yet!

--------------------

I ride the Stormcloud and the Night!

Posts: 3904 | From: Indianola, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  Logged: 184.63.109.215
Mara1Jade

Expanded Universe Goddess and Corran Obsessor

Member # 68

posted 12-23-2015 10:56 PM     Profile for Mara1Jade   Author's Homepage   Email Mara1Jade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm knda expecting 8 and 9 to explain the unanswered plot questions in 7. I have several theories of my own, and agree with a lot of Graysith's thoughts. We shall see...

--------------------

Small minds think in small terms!
~~CMH, creator and writer of Shayla Petrolu, Erik Kartan, Shawn Petrolu, Terrin Danner, Jasyn Lancaster, Matt Stanza, Aaron Barnes, And Taylor Garrison~~

Posts: 972 | From: Jacksonville, FL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  Logged: 108.71.141.62
Cel

Really Nice Member

Member # 697

posted 12-23-2015 11:27 PM     Profile for Cel   Author's Homepage   Email Cel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wouldn't say the speed of events but the lack of explanation of the political powers current status or relation to one another felt lacking. I understand the director clearly defines these people good and those people evil. But what is the exact relation ship between these two factions? How much power and control do each of the powers have over the galaxy. Mostly because I was in the military these are things I notice and while it didn't ruin anything it felt as if I should already know the backstory.

--------------------

Creator of Adrianna Joao (Cel, "Link"), Kyan Jetiis'ad (Deceased), Kani Jetiis'ad, Bes'in Skirata

Posts: 328 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  Logged: 208.67.203.169

All times are CT  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    Top Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | The Holonet Boards

Ultimate Bulletin BoardTM 6.04e

© escape pod 2000-05