The Holonet Boards   » General SW Discussion   » TFA: non-Spoilery Edition

Entaris

posted 12-21-2015 09:27 AM    
So...Without spoiling anything... Did anybody see it?

I thought it was rather good. I'm actually a little mad about it, part of me wanted it to suck so I could finally just stop caring so damn much :\

Mara1Jade

posted 12-22-2015 03:25 PM    
SOOOOO SOOOOO GOOD!!!

Graysith

posted 12-22-2015 11:16 PM    
I went into the theater prepared to NOT be impressed, expecting it to be "a particular, expected way."

It SOOOO wasn't like that! Not one bit!

I loved the connection to the previous 6 movies, I loved the general ambience of it, I loved the CGI, I loved the story and I loved the characters. There was nothing I didn't love.

Looking forward with the greatest anticipation to the next episode!

Cel

posted 12-23-2015 10:41 PM    
Just saw it today, good story, much better acting than the prequels. I was pleasantly surprised. My only concerns is the lack of explanation of how events got from ROTJ to TFA and a few minor pacing issues. None of it deal breakers and probably my 3rd or 4th favorite Star Wars movie.

Graysith

posted 12-23-2015 10:51 PM    
I have some speculations regarding the apparent speed that circumstances so quickly segued from ROTJ to TFA... but, hey, spoilers.

SO I won't present my ideas here. At least not yet!

Mara1Jade

posted 12-23-2015 10:56 PM    
Yeah, I'm knda expecting 8 and 9 to explain the unanswered plot questions in 7. I have several theories of my own, and agree with a lot of Graysith's thoughts. We shall see...

Cel

posted 12-23-2015 11:27 PM    
I wouldn't say the speed of events but the lack of explanation of the political powers current status or relation to one another felt lacking. I understand the director clearly defines these people good and those people evil. But what is the exact relation ship between these two factions? How much power and control do each of the powers have over the galaxy. Mostly because I was in the military these are things I notice and while it didn't ruin anything it felt as if I should already know the backstory.